Genomes and Genes
Summary: Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the HEART as projected onto various sites on the body's surface, delineated as a scalar function of time. The recording is monitored by a tracing on slow moving chart paper or by observing it on a cardioscope, which is a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Universal definition of myocardial infarctionKristian Thygesen
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur Heart J 28:2525-38. 2007
- Universal definition of myocardial infarctionKristian Thygesen
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens, Gade 2, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2173-95. 2007
- The electrocardiogram predicts one-year outcome of patients with unstable angina and non-Q wave myocardial infarction: results of the TIMI III Registry ECG Ancillary Study. Thrombolysis in Myocardial IschemiaC P Cannon
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:133-40. 1997..We sought to determine the prognostic value of the admission electrocardiogram (ECG) in patients with unstable angina and non-Q wave myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Detecting acute coronary syndrome in the emergency department with cardiac magnetic resonance imagingRaymond Y Kwong
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892-1061, USA
Circulation 107:531-7. 2003..Performed urgently to evaluate chest pain, MRI accurately detected a high fraction of patients with acute coronary syndrome, including patients with enzyme-negative unstable angina...
- Pharmacological activation of rapid delayed rectifier potassium current suppresses bradycardia-induced triggered activity in the isolated guinea pig heartRie Schultz Hansen
Neurosearch A S, Pederstrupvej 93, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:996-1002. 2007..Taken together, the present data strongly support the concept of using hERG activators as a treatment for certain kinds of arrhythmias and suggest further investigation of this new approach...
- Clinical implications of present physiological understanding of HRV componentsFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:245-9. 2002....
- Fever-induced QTc prolongation and ventricular arrhythmias in individuals with type 2 congenital long QT syndromeAhmad S Amin
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 118:2552-61. 2008....
- American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation/Heart Rhythm Society Scientific Statement on Noninvasive Risk Stratification Techniques for Identifying Patients at Risk for Sudden Cardiac Death. A scientific statement from the AmericaJeffrey J Goldberger
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1179-99. 2008
- Impaired impulse propagation in Scn5a-knockout mice: combined contribution of excitability, connexin expression, and tissue architecture in relation to agingToon A B van Veen
Heart Lung Center, Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 112:1927-35. 2005..The SCN5A sodium channel is a major determinant for cardiac impulse propagation. We used epicardial mapping of the atria, ventricles, and septae to investigate conduction velocity (CV) in Scn5a heterozygous young and old mice...
- Functional recovery after acute myocardial infarction: comparison between angiography, electrocardiography, and cardiovascular magnetic resonance measures of microvascular injuryRobin Nijveldt
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:181-9. 2008....
- Long QT syndromes and torsade de pointesS Viskin
Department of Cardiology, Sourasky Tel Aviv Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Lancet 354:1625-33. 1999..Mutations causing "silent" forms of congenital LQTS, in which the patient remains free of arrhythmias until exposed to drugs that further impair repolarisation, are now recognised...
- Drug-induced prolongation of the QT intervalDan M Roden
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1013-22. 2004
- Genetic variations in nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein are associated with sudden cardiac death in US white community-based populationsW H Linda Kao
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circulation 119:940-51. 2009....
- Sensitive troponin I assay in early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarctionTill Keller
Department of Medicine II, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
N Engl J Med 361:868-77. 2009..Cardiac troponin testing is central to the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. We evaluated a sensitive troponin I assay for the early diagnosis and risk stratification of myocardial infarction...
- Stem cells in the dog heart are self-renewing, clonogenic, and multipotent and regenerate infarcted myocardium, improving cardiac functionAxel Linke
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8966-71. 2005..These results suggest that strategies capable of activating the growth reserve of the myocardium may be important in cardiac repair after ischemic injury...
- Spatial and temporal heterogeneities are localized to the right ventricular outflow tract in a heterozygotic Scn5a mouse modelClaire A Martin
Physiological Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H605-16. 2011..Our findings may contribute to future work investigating possible pharmacological treatments for a disease in which the current mainstay of treatment is implantable cardioverter defibrillator implantation...
- In vivo studies of Scn5a+/- mice modeling Brugada syndrome demonstrate both conduction and repolarization abnormalitiesClaire A Martin
Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Electrocardiol 43:433-9. 2010....
- High prevalence of early repolarization in short QT syndromeHiroshi Watanabe
Division of Cardiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Heart Rhythm 7:647-52. 2010..It has been reported recently that early repolarization is associated with idiopathic ventricular fibrillation and the QT interval is short in patients with early repolarization...
- ST-segment elevation in conditions other than acute myocardial infarctionKyuhyun Wang
Hennepin County Medical Center, Cardiology Division, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2128-35. 2003
- Genome-wide association study of PR intervalArne Pfeufer
Institute of Human Genetics, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Nat Genet 42:153-9. 2010..0056). This suggests a role for common variation in ion channel and developmental genes in atrial and atrioventricular conduction as well as in susceptibility to atrial fibrillation...
- State-of-the-art CT imaging techniques for congenital heart diseaseHyun Woo Goo
Department of Radiology and the Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:4-18. 2010....
- Normal electrocardiography and serum troponin I levels preclude the presence of clinically significant blunt cardiac injuryGeorge C Velmahos
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California, and the Los Angeles County and University of Southern California LAC USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Trauma 54:45-50; discussion 50-1. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine whether the combination of two simple tests, electrocardiography (ECG) and serum troponin I (TnI) level, may serve as reliable predictors of BCI or the absence of it.
- Unrecognized non-Q-wave myocardial infarction: prevalence and prognostic significance in patients with suspected coronary diseaseHan W Kim
Duke Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Center, Division of Cardiology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
PLoS Med 6:e1000057. 2009..However, the diagnosis of UMI is based on the appearance of incidental Q-waves on 12-lead electrocardiography. Thus, the syndrome of non-Q-wave UMI has not been investigated...
- The relationship between high resting heart rate and ventricular arrhythmogenesis in patients referred to ambulatory 24 h electrocardiographic recordingElsayed Z Soliman
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27104, USA
Europace 12:261-5. 2010..Ventricular arrhythmia is the most common antecedent event before SCD. Examining associations between resting HR and ventricular arrhythmogenesis may enhance our understanding of the association between high resting HR and SCD...
- Assessment of interventricular and right-intraventricular dyssynchrony in patients with surgically repaired tetralogy of Fallot by two-dimensional speckle trackingMatthias Mueller
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Saarland University Hospital, Kirrberger Strase, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 11:786-92. 2010..We aimed to assess interventricular and right-intraventricular dyssynchrony in patients after tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) repair by two-dimensional (2D) speckle tracking and to identify factors associated with dyssynchrony...
- Right ventricular function in patients with acute pulmonary embolism: analysis with electrocardiography-synchronized multi-detector row CTHalil Dogan
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, C2 S, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 242:78-84. 2007To prospectively assess electrocardiography (ECG)-synchronized multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) for the evaluation of right ventricular (RV) function in patients suspected of having pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Acute ECG ST-segment elevation mimicking myocardial infarction in a patient with pulmonary embolismTomaž Goslar
Clinical Department for Internal Intensive Care, University Medical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 8:50. 2010....
- Multivariate short-term heart rate variability: a pre-diagnostic tool for screening heart diseaseAndreas Heitmann
Department of Medical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Applied Sciences Jena, Jena, Germany
Med Biol Eng Comput 49:41-50. 2011..Multivariate short-term HRV, analyzed by both linear and nonlinear methods appears to be a suitable pre-diagnostic tool for screening heart disease in primary care settings...
- Aging and nonlinear heart rate control in a healthy populationFrank Beckers
Laboratory of Experimental Cardiology, School of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, UZ Gasthuisberg O-N, Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2560-70. 2006..No clear difference between men and women was found in the nonlinear indexes. Nonlinear indexes decline with age. This can be related to the concept of decreasing autonomic modulation with advancing age...
- Autologous bone marrow stem cell mobilization induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor after subacute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing late revascularization: final results from the G-CSF-STEMI (Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Markus G Engelmann
Medical Clinic I-Department of Cardiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1712-21. 2006..However, patients do not benefit from G-CSF when PCI is performed late. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor results in improved myocardial perfusion of the infarcted area, which may reflect enhanced neovascularization...
- Incidence of recognized and unrecognized myocardial infarction in men and women aged 55 and older: the Rotterdam StudyAnneke De Torbal
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:729-36. 2006....
- Effect of smoking on QT interval, QT dispersion and rate pressure productK Singh
Department of Physiology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
Indian Heart J 56:140-2. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Our observations indicate that there may be some relationship between prolonged ventricular recovery time dispersion indices and ventricular fibrillation and sudden cardiac death associated with smoking...
- Long QT syndrome and torsade de pointes in transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndromeSean D Denney
Int J Cardiol 100:499-501. 2005..The syndrome of transient left ventricular apical ballooning could be considered among the causes of long QT syndrome and torsade de pointes...
- The effect of diabetes mellitus on the P-wave dispersionMehmet Yazici
Department of Cardiology, Selcuk University Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Circ J 71:880-3. 2007..as the difference between the minimum (P min) and maximum P-wave (P max) durations on standard 12-lead electrocardiography (ECG). Increase in PD shows the intra-atrial and inter-atrial non-uniform conduction...
- Novel method to quantify loss of heart rate variability in pediatric multiple organ failureShane M Tibby
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Crit Care Med 31:2059-67. 2003..Loss of HRV occurs with increasing OF; this effect was better demonstrated by the model compared with other measures of HRV...
- A prospective comparison of AV delay programming methods for hemodynamic optimization during cardiac resynchronization therapyMichael R Gold
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:490-6. 2007..The present study was designed to compare the acute effects of AVD programming methods during CRT...
- Calculation of effective VV interval facilitates optimization of AV delay and VV interval in cardiac resynchronization therapyKevin Vernooy
Department of Physiology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Heart Rhythm 4:75-82. 2007..The optimal combination of AV delay and VV interval currently is determined by extensive hemodynamic testing...
- Cardiac resynchronization with sequential biventricular pacing for the treatment of moderate-to-severe heart failureAngel R Leon
Carlyle Fraser Heart Center Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2298-304. 2005..The InSync III study evaluated sequential cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure and prolonged QRS...
- A patient-adapting heartbeat classifier using ECG morphology and heartbeat interval featuresPhilip de Chazal
BiancaMed Ltd, NovaUCD, Belfield Innovation Park, University College Dublin, Belfield Dublin 4, Ireland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:2535-43. 2006..This study illustrates the ability to provide highly beneficial automatic arrhythmia monitoring and is an improvement on previously reported results for automated heartbeat classification systems...
- QT dispersion: comparison between diabetic and non-diabetic individuals and correlation with cardiac autonomic neuropathyMichael Psallas
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Athens University, Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:255-62. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate: 1) the differences in QTd between diabetics and non-diabetics; 2) the differences in QTd between those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes; 3) the relation between QTd and CAN...
- Sex-differences in prevalence of electrocardiographic left ventricular hypertrophy in Type 2 diabetes: the Casale Monferrato StudyG Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Diabet Med 21:823-8. 2004..In logistic regression analysis, variables independently associated with ECG-LVH, after age-adjustment, were sex and diastolic blood pressure...
- QTc interval and resting heart rate as long-term predictors of mortality in type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: a 23-year follow-upC Stettler
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Bern, Inselspital, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Diabetologia 50:186-94. 2007..We evaluated the association of QT interval corrected for heart rate (QT(c)) and resting heart rate (rHR) with mortality (all-causes, cardiovascular, cardiac, and ischaemic heart disease) in subjects with type 1 and type 2 diabetes...
- Mechanisms of sudden cardiac deathMichael Rubart
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5225, USA
J Clin Invest 115:2305-15. 2005..Therapeutic measures to prevent SCD are also discussed...
- Respiratory sinus arrhythmia, cardiac vagal control, and daily activityP Grossman
Freiburg Institute for Mindfulness Research, Freiburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H728-34. 2004..Concurrent monitoring of respiration and physical activity may enhance HR variability accuracy to predict autonomic control...
- P-wave durations in patients experiencing atrial fibrillation during exercise testingOzcan Ozdemir
Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Cardiology Clinics, Ankara, Turkey
Angiology 58:97-101. 2007..Furthermore, treatment of these patients with beta blockers would appear to decrease the recurrence of exercise-induced AF and to be associated with a decrease in P-wave durations...
- Use of the electrocardiogram in acute myocardial infarctionPeter J Zimetbaum
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 348:933-40. 2003
- Value of acute rest sestamibi perfusion imaging for evaluation of patients admitted to the emergency department with chest painM C Kontos
Medical College of Virginia Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0128, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:976-82. 1997....
- Evaluation of electrocardiographic and hemodynamic effects of caffeine with acute dosing in healthy volunteersR Ammar
University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy, Storrs, USA
Pharmacotherapy 21:437-42. 2001....
- Ethnic distribution of ECG predictors of atrial fibrillation and its impact on understanding the ethnic distribution of ischemic stroke in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) studyElsayed Z Soliman
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Epidemiological Cardiology Research Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27104, USA
Stroke 40:1204-11. 2009..Hence, this study aimed to use the ethnic distribution of ECG predictors of AF as measures of AF propensity in different ethnic groups...
- hERG (KCNH2 or Kv11.1) K+ channels: screening for cardiac arrhythmia riskMark R Bowlby
Neuroscience Discovery, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Curr Drug Metab 9:965-70. 2008....
- The role of ECG-gated MDCT in the evaluation of aortic and mitral mechanical valves: initial experienceEli Konen
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:26-31. 2008..The objective of our study was to evaluate the role of ECG-gated MDCT in the functional evaluation of mechanical prosthetic aortic and mitral valves...
- Novel biomarkers in early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction compared with cardiac troponin TConor J McCann
The Heart Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BA, Northern Ireland, UK
Eur Heart J 29:2843-50. 2008..To evaluate the role of novel biomarkers in early detection of acute myocardial infarction (MI) in patients admitted with acute chest pain...
- A single exposure to particulate or gaseous air pollution increases the risk of aconitine-induced cardiac arrhythmia in hypertensive ratsMehdi S Hazari
Environmental Public Health Division, U S Environmental Protection Agency, 109 Alexander Drive, B143 01, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 112:532-42. 2009..Moreover, there seem to be host factors (e.g., cardiovascular disease) that increase vulnerability to triggered arrhythmias regardless of the pollutant or its concentration...
- The QT syndromes: long and shortHiroshi Morita
Krannert Institute of Cardiology and the Division of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Lancet 372:750-63. 2008..Clinicians should be aware of these syndromes and realise that drugs, ischaemia, exercise, and emotions can precipitate sudden death in susceptible individuals...
- T(p-e)/QT ratio as an index of arrhythmogenesisPrasad Gupta
Main Line Health Heart Center, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
J Electrocardiol 41:567-74. 2008..Functional reentry is the underlying mechanism for arrhythmogenesis associated with an increased T(p-e)/QT ratio...
- The cardiotoxic potential of the 5-HT(3) receptor antagonist antiemetics: is there cause for concern?Deborah L Keefe
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Oncologist 7:65-72. 2002..To review and evaluate the potential cardiac effects of 5-HT(3) antiemetic treatment in patients who may be predisposed to cardiac complications resulting from malignancy, cytotoxic oncologic regimens, or preexisting comorbid conditions...
- Calmodulin kinase II-mediated sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ leak promotes atrial fibrillation in miceMihail G Chelu
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1940-51. 2009..Together, these findings suggest that increased RyR2-dependent Ca2+ leakage due to enhanced CaMKII activity is an important downstream effect of CaMKII in individuals susceptible to AF induction...
- Reviewing myocardial silent ischemia: specific patient subgroupsTheodoros Xanthos
Department of Experimental Surgery and Surgical Research N S Christeas, Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Int J Cardiol 124:139-48. 2008....
- Q-wave prediction of myocardial infarct location, size and transmural extent at magnetic resonance imagingDaniele Rovai
CNR, Clinical Physiology, Italy
Coron Artery Dis 18:381-9. 2007..We investigated how pathologic Q waves or equivalents predict location, size and transmural extent of myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Ambient fine particulate matter exposure and myocardial ischemia in the Environmental Epidemiology of Arrhythmogenesis in the Women's Health Initiative (EEAWHI) studyZhu Ming Zhang
Epidemiologic Cardiology Research Center, Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27104, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:751-6. 2009..Ambient particulate matter (PM) air pollution is associated with coronary heart disease, but the pathways underlying the association remain to be elucidated...
- Diagnosis of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with implanted pacemakers: relationship to symptoms and other variablesGianluca Quirino
Ivrea Hospital, Ivrea, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:91-8. 2009..The study prospectively evaluated the burden of asymptomatic AF episodes in pacemaker patients (for sick sinus syndrome) with a history of documented paroxysmal AF...
- Atherosclerotic burden findings in young cryptogenic stroke patients with and without a patent foramen ovaleJosep Rodes-Cabau
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Stroke 40:419-25. 2009....
- Left atrial size reduction improves the sinus rhythm conversion rate after radiofrequency ablation for continuous atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing concomitant cardiac surgeryM Scherer
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:34-8. 2006..However, no previous randomized studies have discussed the association of left atrial size reduction and the improvement of sinus rhythm conversion rate after radiofrequency ablation for continuous AF...
- Organised atrial fibrillation simulating atrial flutterEleftherios Giazitzoglou
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Athens, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:123-7. 2006..On electrophysiological study, careful mapping revealed that the regular rhythm actually represented organised slow atrial fibrillation. Circumferential pulmonary vein ablation resulted in the abolition of both arrhythmias...
- The 12-lead electrocardiogram as a predictive tool of mortality after acute myocardial infarction: current status in an era of revascularization and reperfusionMircea Petrina
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am Heart J 152:11-8. 2006..8-4.3). In addition, our review discusses electrocardiographic markers of poor outcome that were not independent risk factors on multivariate analysis, conflicting findings, and knowledge gaps that can help plan future research efforts...
- [Estimation of the P wave and PQ interval dispersion in patients after the myocardial infarction]Beata Jołda-Mydłowska
Katedra i Klinika Kardiologii Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:783-7. 2005..The aim of the study was to estimate the P wave and PQ interval dispersion in patients after the myocardial infarction in dependence on its location and applied fibrynolytical treatment...
- [Coronary embolus and acute myocardial infarction in a patient with dilated cardiomyopathy and chronic atrial fibrillation]Guido Canali
Divisione di Cardiologia, Ospedale Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, VR
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 7:365-8. 2006..The authors discuss the acute treatment in this clinical situation and the problem of dual antiplatelet therapy in patients with an indication for long-term oral anticoagulation undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention and stenting...
- Mechanisms of atrial tachyarrhythmias following surgical atrial fibrillation ablationAnthony R Magnano
Departments of Medicine and Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 161 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:366-73. 2006..However, persistent tachyarrhythmias can often be treated successfully with catheter mapping and ablation...
- Electrocardiogram in cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy patients without any clinical evidence of coronary artery disease: a case-control studyRodica Cumurciuc
Department of Neurology, AP-HP, , , Paris, France
Stroke 37:1100-2. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: In this case-control study, we found no ECG evidence for myocardial infarction or ischemia, conduction disturbances, or arrhythmias in CADASIL patients compared with healthy controls...
- [Drug treatment of atrial fibrillation]S Janko
, , Klinikum Bogenhausen
MMW Fortschr Med 148:32-5. 2006..Promising new additive therapeutic approaches are ACE-inhibitors and AT-II receptor antagonists. In the future, combinations of pharmacotherapy and non-drug treatments will help to improve the treatment of atrial fibrillation...
- Radiofrequency ablation of accessory pathways: a 14 year experience at the Tel Aviv Medical Center in 508 patientsBernard Belhassen
Department of Cardiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:265-70. 2007..Radiofrequency ablation has been suggested as first-line therapy in the management of accessory pathways. There are limited data on the results of ablation over years of experience...
- Effect of tirofiban therapy on ST segment resolution and clinical outcomes in patients with ST segment elevated acute myocardial infarction undergoing primary angioplastyHuseyin Uyarel
Department of Cardiology, Siyami Ersek Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Cardiology 105:168-75. 2006..on microvascular flow after acute coronary occlusion using the early sum of ST segment resolution in electrocardiography. Platelets may play a major role in the dissociation of epicardial artery recanalization and tissue level ..
- Isolated potentials during sinus rhythm and pace-mapping within scars as guides for ablation of post-infarction ventricular tachycardiaFrank Bogun
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2013-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify ventricular tachycardia (VT) isthmus sites by pace-mapping within scar tissue and to identify electrogram characteristics that are helpful in identifying VT isthmus sites during sinus rhythm (SR)...
- [Risk stratification in atrial and ventricular arrhythmias]L Fauchier
Service de cardiologie B et laboratoire d electrophysiologie cardiaque, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Trousseau, 37044 Tours, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 55:127-34. 2006..More precise algorithms for risk stratification are thus needed that may help the strategy of therapy with prophylactic implantable cardioverter defibrillator in the future...
- QT dispersion and heart rate variability in sudden death risk stratification in patients with ischemic heart diseaseIna Bluzaite
Kantonsspital St. Gallen, Switzerland
Medicina (Kaunas) 42:450-4. 2006....
- [Left coronary artery embolism resulting from ineffective anticoagulation in a patient suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy as a possible cause of myocardial infarction--a case report]Paweł Krzyzak
Swietokrzyskie Centrum Kardiologii, Wojewódzki Szpital Zespolony, ul Grunwaldzka 45, 25 736 Kielce
Kardiol Pol 65:698-701; discussion 701-2. 2007..Primary percutaneous coronary intervention was successfully performed and the patient was discharged home in good clinical condition...
- Validation and clinical application of time-frequency analysis of atrial fibrillation electrocardiogramsDaniela Husser
Departments of Cardiology, Good Samaritan Hospital and Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:41-6. 2007....
- Repolarization duration in patients with conduction disturbances after myocardial infarctionKatarzyna Piotrowicz
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:163-8. 2007..QT(RR) and JT(RR) intervals significantly and independently predict mortality in patients after infarction with conduction disturbances...
- Repolarization variability in the risk stratification of MADIT II patientsJean Philippe Couderc
Heart Research Follow Up Program, Cardiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Europace 9:717-23. 2007..0; 95% CI; 1.2-3.5; P=0.01). On the basis of the comprehensive testing, TWV value >59 microV was found predictive for arrhythmic events in MADIT II population...
- Quantifying activation frequency in atrial fibrillation to establish underlying mechanisms and ablation guidanceOmer Berenfeld
Department of Pharmacology and Institute for Cardiovascular Research, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:1225-34. 2007
- Reduction in myocardial infarct size by postconditioning in patients after percutaneous coronary interventionXin Chun Yang
Department of Cardiology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital of Capital University of Medical Science, No 8 Baijiazhuang Road Chaoyang District, Beijing, China, 100020
J Invasive Cardiol 19:424-30. 2007..The present study tested the hypothesis that postconditioning during primary PCI preserves global cardiac function and reduces infarct size in patients after prolonged reperfusion...
- Myocardial asynchrony in patients with postinfarction intraventricular conduction defectsMarianna Janion
Swietokrzyskie Centrum Kardiologii, Kielce, Poland
Echocardiography 24:1029-34. 2007..Hypothesis: The aim of the current study is to evaluate contraction asynchrony in postinfarction patients with intraventricular conduction defects...
- P-wave dispersion is increased in pregnancy due to shortening of minimum duration of P: does this have clinical significance?N Ozmen
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Int Med Res 34:468-74. 2006..We performed electrocardiography and transthoracic echocardiography and determined serum oestradiol levels in both groups, and performed ..
- Prevalence of normal coronary angiography in the acute phase of suspected ST-elevation myocardial infarction: experience from the PRAGUE studiesP Widimsky
Charles University Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Can J Cardiol 22:1147-52. 2006..Information on the prevalence of truly normal coronary angiograms during the acute phase of a suspected ST-elevation myocardial infarction is lacking...
- [Comparative characteristics of intervals Q-T and J-T in patients with unstable angina and myocardial infarction based on standard electrocardiography and electrocardiotopography]A E Kratnov
Kardiologiia 47:18-21. 2007..Comparative characterization of prognostic value of Q-T and J-T intervals obtained at conventional 12-lead electrocardiography and 35-lead electrocardiotopography in assessment of risk of repetitive coronary events during follow up ..
- Long-term clinical efficacy and risk of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation in the elderlyErica Zado
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:621-6. 2008..The number of elderly patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) is increasing rapidly, and the safety and efficacy of catheter ablation in this demographic group has not been established...
- Up-regulation of the inward rectifier K+ current (I K1) in the mouse heart accelerates and stabilizes rotorsSami F Noujaim
Institute for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Physiol 578:315-26. 2007..In combination, these results provide the first direct evidence that I K1 up-regulation in the mouse heart is a substrate for stable and very fast rotors...
- Effects of ventricular premature stimulus coupling interval on blood pressure and heart rate turbulenceAlberto Avolio
Circulation 107:E38-8; author reply E38-8. 2003
- Effects of treatment with somatostatin analogues on QT interval duration in acromegalic patientsLetizia Maria Fatti
University of Milan, Division of Endocrinology, Ospedale San Luca IRCCS, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 65:626-30. 2006..The inclusion of octreotide in the list of drugs that may increase QTc should be reconsidered as regards its indication in acromegaly...
- Non-dipolar content of the T-wave as a measure of repolarization inhomogeneity in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionMilos Kesek
Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 26:362-70. 2006..Resolution of the ST-elevation is associated with a decrease. The increased non-dipolar content reflects a property of the repolarization phase, which is related to but separated from the ST-elevation...
- QT variability and HRV interactions in ECG: quantification and reliabilityRute Almeida
Departamento de Matematica Aplicada, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade do Porto and Centro de Matemática da UP, Rua Campo Alegre 687, 4169 007 Porto, Portugal
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1317-29. 2006....
- Primary left ventricular angiomatosis: first description of a rare vascular tumor in the left heartCevat Kirma
Cardiology, Kosuyolu Heart Educational and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Heart J 47:469-74. 2006..The mass was completely resected and shown to be proliferative angiomatosis by histopathologic examination. This is the first reported case of primary left ventricular angiomatosis in the literature...
- [Presyncope caused by non-sustained ventricular tachycardia. Significance of RF ablation]Krzysztof Błaszyk
Katedra Kardiologii, I Klinika Kardiologii, Uniwersytet Medyczny im K Marcinkowskiego, ul Długa 1 2, 61 848 Poznan
Kardiol Pol 65:455-8. 2007..Successful RF ablation of ns-VT using the CARTO system was performed. During 4-month follow-up the patient remains free from ventricular arrhythmia...
- Adaptive cardiac resynchronization therapy device: a simulation reportRami Rom
AI Semi Ltd, Granot, Israel
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:1168-73. 2005....
- Identification of the ventricular tachycardia isthmus after infarction by pace mappingCorinna B Brunckhorst
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 110:652-9. 2004..Pace mapping at sites proximal to the exit may produce a similar QRS with a longer stimulus-to-QRS interval (S-QRS). The aim of the study was to determine whether a VT isthmus could be identified and followed by pace mapping...
- Evolution of mapping and anatomic imaging of cardiac arrhythmiasDouglas L Packer
Division of Cardiology/Electrophysiology, Mayo School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1026-49. 2004
- Ventricular mapping during atrial and ventricular pacing. Relationship of multipotential electrograms to ventricular tachycardia reentry circuits after myocardial infarctionC B Brunckhorst
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur Heart J 23:1131-8. 2002....
- [Risk assessment in acute myocardial infarction]Julija Brazdzionyte
Department of Cardiology, Kaunas University of Medicine Hospital, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:121-6. 2004....
- Management of patients with persistent chest pain and ST-segment elevation during 5-fluorouracil treatment: report about two casesAntonio Mafrici
Coronary Care Unit, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Department A De Gasperis, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ital Heart J 4:895-9. 2003..The diagnostic and therapeutic approach to patients with this unusual clinical presentation is also discussed...
- Relative timing of isolated potentials during postinfarction ventricular tachycardia and sinus rhythmFrank Bogun
Henry Ford Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Detroit, Michigan 48202 9888, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 10:65-72. 2004..In an attempt to differentiate bystander pathways from critical sites within a reentry circuit, we compared the relative timing of isolated potentials during VT and sinus rhythm...
- Circadian rhythm in the cardiovascular system: considerations in non-invasive electrophysiologyYi Fang Guo
Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:267-72. 2002..These characteristics of the cardiovascular system require us keep in mind the "time" factor any time we analyze electrophysiological results and make clinical decisions...
- Update and modification of Task Force Criteria for ARVD/CFrank Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2007..several members from the original Task Force on ARVD/C, and current experts in the imaging modalities, electrocardiography and pathology who have a major interest in ARVD/C...
- Autonomic consequences of brief seizuresMark Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PROMISE Trial: Clinical Coordinating CenterPamela Susan Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2010..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: SDCCKerry Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: Clinical Coordinating CenterPamela Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2009..stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: EQOL Coordinating CenterDaniel Mark; Fiscal Year: 2009
- PROMISE Trial: SDCCKerry L Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: EQOL Coordinating CenterDaniel B Mark; Fiscal Year: 2010
- AUTONOMIC FUNCTION AND POSTTRANSPLANT QUALITY OF LIFEDonna Hathaway; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Point Process Models of Human Heart Beat Interval DynamicsRiccardo Barbieri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The health implications of this project are a more accurate characterization of cardiovascular control in research and clinical studies of both normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Point Process Models of Human Heart Beat Interval DynamicsRiccardo Barbieri; Fiscal Year: 2007..The health implications of this project are a more accurate characterization of cardiovascular control in research and clinical studies of both normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Movement-Responsive Cage for Simultaneous Pharmacology Studies in MiniPigsDouglas Mann; Fiscal Year: 2007..programmed dosing, and physiological data acquisition modules for core body temperature, blood pressure and electrocardiography. In accordance with the intent of the SBIR program, the ultimate objective is an instrument that can be ..
- Exercise Stress Cardiovascular Magnetic ResonanceORLANDO PAUL contact SIMONETTI; Fiscal Year: 2010..affords for the first time measurement of myocardial perfusion, diastolic function, systolic function, electrocardiography, myocardial edema and exertional symptoms - the complete ischemic cascade - in one test...
- Subcellular Origin of T-wave Alternans in the Beating Mouse HeartARIEL ESCOBAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting transmural difference in AP repolarization creates the TW-Alt observed in the ECG waveform. ..
- Novel Pharmacological Strategies in AutismChristopher McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2009..Phase II (following 6 months of aripiprazole monotherapy). ..