Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonography applying the Doppler effect, with frequency-shifted ultrasound reflections produced by moving targets (usually red blood cells) in the bloodstream along the ultrasound axis in direct proportion to the velocity of movement of the targets, to determine both direction and velocity of blood flow. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- [Doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of ovarian cysts: indications, pertinence and diagnostic criteria]H Marret
Département de gynécologie, Obstétrique, Medecine Foetale et Reproduction Humaine, Hopital Bretonneau, 37044 Tours
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 30:S20-33. 2001..Secondly, after control if necessary, he can propose the patient for appropriate surgical treatment...
- Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysisJeltsje S Cnossen
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CMAJ 178:701-11. 2008..We investigated the predictive accuracy of all uterine artery Doppler indices for both conditions in the first and second trimesters...
- Correlation of power Doppler sonography with vascularity of the synovial tissue of the knee joint in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisM Walther
University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 44:331-8. 2001..01). CONCLUSION: In the present study, PDS proved to be a reliable diagnostic method for qualitative grading of the vascularity of the synovial tissue. In clinical practice, PDS allows further differentiation of the hypertrophic synovium...
- Ultrasonography and Doppler ultrasonography in the evaluation of intraosseous lesions of the jawsA P Sumer
Ondokuzmayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:23-7. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of ultrasonography and colour and power Doppler ultrasonography for diagnosis of intraosseous lesions of the jaws and to correlate the contents of the lesion with the histological findings.
- Carotid artery stenosis: gray-scale and Doppler US diagnosis--Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Consensus ConferenceEdward G Grant
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, USC University Hospital, 1500 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Radiology 229:340-6. 2003..The panel also considered various technical aspects of carotid US and methods for quality assessment and identified several important unanswered questions meriting future research...
- Cardiac output estimation with a new Doppler device after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryRajesh Chand
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:315-9. 2006....
- Power Doppler ultrasonography for assessment of synovitis in the metacarpophalangeal joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with dynamic magnetic resonance imagingM Szkudlarek
The Danish Research Center of Magnetic Resonance, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 44:2018-23. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the effectiveness of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for assessing inflammatory activity in the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), using dynamic magnetic resonance ..
- The role of ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging in early rheumatoid arthritisR J Wakefield
Academic Department of Musculoskeletal Medicine, General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:S42-9. 2003..High-resolution US plays a significant role in therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. MRI also assists in the understanding of RA pathogenesis and joint mechanics...
- Hepatic flow parameters measured with MR imaging and Doppler US: correlations with degree of cirrhosis and portal hypertensionLaurence Annet
Department of Radiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 229:409-14. 2003To determine the correlations between hemodynamic parameters of hepatic flow measured with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and Doppler ultrasonography (US) and the severity of cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
- Value of contrast-enhanced power Doppler sonography using a microbubble echo-enhancing agent in evaluation of small breast lesionsShin Ho Kook
Department of Radiology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, 108 Pyeong Dong, Jongro Gu, Seoul 110 108, South Korea
J Clin Ultrasound 31:227-38. 2003..The purpose of this study was to prospectively evaluate the usefulness of contrast-enhanced power Doppler sonography (PDUS) using a microbubble echo-enhancing agent in differentiating between malignant and benign small breast lesions...
- Prediction and prevention of recurrent preeclampsiaJohn R Barton
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:359-72. 2008..The development of severe gestational hypertension, fetal growth restriction, or recurrent preeclampsia requires maternal hospitalization...
- Automated oscillometric determination of the ankle-brachial index provides accuracy necessary for office practiceJoshua A Beckman
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 47:35-8. 2006..Our findings show automated oscillometry to be a reliable and easier method of ABI measurement, lowering the barrier to incorporation of this diagnostic test into clinical practice...
- Peripheral arterial disease detection, awareness, and treatment in primary careA T Hirsch
Vascular Medicine Program, Minnesota Vascular Diseases Center, Mayo Mail Code 508, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware St, SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
JAMA 286:1317-24. 2001..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is a manifestation of systemic atherosclerosis that is common and is associated with an increased risk of death and ischemic events, yet may be underdiagnosed in primary care practice...
- Doppler ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging of synovial inflammation of the hand in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative studyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:2434-41. 2003....
- Monitoring of motor evoked potentials compared with somatosensory evoked potentials and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography in cerebral aneurysm surgeryGeorg Neuloh
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurochirurgie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Neurosurg 100:389-99. 2004..efficiency of motor evoked potentials (MEPs), somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEPs), and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography (MDU) in the detection of impending motor impairment from subcortical ischemia in aneurysm surgery; to ..
- Noninvasive Doppler ultrasonography for assessing cardiac function: can it replace the Swan-Ganz catheter?Saurabh Jain
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, 8215 NT, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Surg 196:961-7; discussion 967-8. 2008..Cardiac function, including cardiac index (CI), traditionally has been measured by a pulmonary artery catheter (PAC). A noninvasive alternative for measuring cardiac function would offer obvious advantages...
- Basket pattern blood flow signals discovered in a case of splenic hamartoma by power Doppler ultrasonographyShigeo Nakanishi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:5235-8. 2005We present the gray-scale ultrasonography (GSUS), power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS), abdominal computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings for a case of splenic hamartoma in a 27-year-old man, showing a phi ..
- Multi-centre clinical study evaluating the efficacy of SonoVue (BR1), a new ultrasound contrast agent in Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesionsE Leen
Radiology Department, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Eur J Radiol 41:200-6. 2002..SonoVue is a new ultrasound contrast agent, which consists of stabilised microbubbles of a sulphur hexafluoride gas. The aim of the study was to assess its efficacy in the Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesions...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma treated with radiofrequency ablation: comparison of pulse inversion contrast-enhanced harmonic sonography, contrast-enhanced power Doppler sonography, and helical CTM F Meloni
Servizio di Radiologia, Ospedale Civile via Cesare, Battisti 25, Vimercate, Milano, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:375-80. 2001..Nevertheless, contrast-enhanced axial imaging (CT or MR imaging) is currently the most sensitive test for managing thermal ablation for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Power Doppler ultrasonography for the assessment of vascular invasion by pancreatic cancerTetsuya Kaneko
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nagoya, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Pancreatology 2:61-8. 2002To investigate the diagnostic accuracy of power Doppler ultrasonography (US) in assessing the vascular invasion by pancreatic cancer.
- Role of echo Doppler ultrasonography in the evaluation of postprandial hyperemia in cirrhotic patientsOsman Ozdogan
Department of Gastroenterology, Marmara University, School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 14:260-4. 2008To assess the role of echo-Doppler ultrasonography in postprandial hyperemia in cirrhotic patients by comparing the results with the hepatic vein catheterization technique.
- Synovial tissue of the hip at power Doppler US: correlation between vascularity and power Doppler US signalMarkus Walther
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wuerzburg, Brettreichstrasse 11, 97074 Wuerzburg, Germany
Radiology 225:225-31. 2002....
- Correlation of abnormal intracranial vessel velocity, measured by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography, with abnormal conjunctival vessel velocity, measured by computer-assisted intravital microscopy, in sickle cell diseaseA T Cheung
Department of Medical Pathology, University of California Davis School of Medicine, 4645 Second Ave, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Blood 97:3401-4. 2001The Stroke Prevention Trial has confirmed that utilization of transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD), which examines blood flow in large intracranial vessels, can identify children with sickle cell disease (SCD) who are at high risk ..
- A diagnostic algorithm for persistence of very early inflammatory arthritis: the utility of power Doppler ultrasound when added to conventional assessment toolsJ E Freeston
University of Leeds, Chapel Allerton Hospital, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:417-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the value of power Doppler ultrasound (PDUS) in combination with routine management in a cohort of patients with very early inflammatory arthritis (IA)...
- Predicting the histologic dating of an endometrial biopsy specimen with the use of Doppler ultrasonography and hormone measurements in patients undergoing spontaneous ovulatory cyclesK Sterzik
Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Ulm, Germany
Fertil Steril 73:94-8. 2000To examine the relation between uterine blood flow and endometrial thickness on transvaginal Doppler ultrasonography, serum E2 and progesterone levels, and the histologic dating of an endometrial biopsy specimen obtained in the midluteal ..
- Power Doppler ultrasonography of the feeding arteries of the prostate gland: a novel approach to the diagnosis of prostate cancer?Ahmet Tuncay Turgut
Department of Radiology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 26:875-83. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the role of spectral Doppler ultrasonographic parameters of the feeding arteries of the prostate for the detection of prostate cancer...
- Hemodynamic changes induced by recreational scuba divingAlain Boussuges
IMNSSA, B P 610, 83800 Toulon, France
Chest 129:1337-43. 2006..Cardiac changes induced by scuba diving were investigated using Doppler echocardiography...
- Doppler ultrasonography for the noninvasive measurement of uterine artery volume blood flow through gestation in the pregnant sheepKhalil N Abi-Nader
Fetal Medicine Unit, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Institute for Women s Health, University College London and University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London WC1E 6HX, United Kingdom
Reprod Sci 17:13-9. 2010..This makes Doppler ultrasonography less than a desirable method to quantify UtABF in studies where accurate quantification is required.
- Alpha Thalassemia is associated with decreased risk of abnormal transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in children with sickle cell anemiaLewis L Hsu
Emory University School of Medicine and Georgia Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:622-8. 2003..an opportunity to examine alpha thalassemia-2 as a modifying risk factor, using abnormal transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) as a surrogate marker for cerebrovascular disease...
- Predicting the histology of renal masses using preoperative Doppler ultrasonographyGanesh V Raj
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 177:53-8. 2007..Since conventional clear cell carcinomas are highly vascular, we used preoperative color and/or power Doppler ultrasonography to evaluate the association between vascular flow in a renal mass and surgical pathology.
- The value of power Doppler ultrasonography in the differential diagnosis of intracranial extraaxial fluid collectionsMehmet Noyan Zenger
Department of Radiology, Nakiboğlu Bilgi Hospital, Konya, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:61-3. 2007The aim of this study was to determine the value of power Doppler ultrasonography in the differential diagnosis of intracranial extraaxial fluid collections in enlarged subarachnoid spaces.
- Prediction of clinical response after renal angioplasty: respective value of renal Doppler sonography and scintigraphyGilles Soulez
Department of Radiology, CHUM Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street E, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1029-35. 2003..The patients were evaluated for the status of hypertension 3 months after the procedure. The predictive values of the findings of clinical examination, Doppler sonography, renal scintigraphy, and angiography were assessed...
- Doppler ultrasonography of the vertebrobasilar circulation in patients with sudden sensorineural hearing lossMarko Grgic
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice, Zagreb, Croatia
J Otolaryngol 34:51-9. 2005..The etiology of sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL) is still unclear and is most probably diverse...
- Fetal cardiac stroke volume determination by four-dimensional ultrasound with spatio-temporal image correlation compared with two-dimensional and Doppler ultrasonographyGiuseppe Rizzo
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Prenat Diagn 27:1147-50. 2007..To assess the agreement of stroke volume (SV) measured with two-dimensional (2D) ultrasonography with Doppler capability (vs) four-dimensional (4D) with spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC) in normal and growth restricted fetuses...
- Assessing the intra- and inter-reader reliability of dynamic ultrasound images in power Doppler ultrasonographyJ M Koski
Department of Internal Medicine, Mikkeli Central Hospital, Mikkeli, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1658-60. 2006..To assess the intra-reader and inter-reader reliabilities of interpreting ultrasonography by several experts using video clips...
- Crohn disease activity evaluated by Doppler ultrasonography of the superior mesenteric artery and the affected small-bowel segmentsEnsar Yekeler
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 24:59-65. 2005To reveal the disease activity in Crohn disease by gray scale and Doppler ultrasonography of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) and the affected bowel segments.
- Diagnostic performance of gray-scale versus combined gray-scale with colour doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of malignancy in thyroid nodulesWarinthorn Phuttharak
Department of Radiology, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:759-64. 2009..To compare diagnostic performance of gray-scale ultrasound and combined gray-scale ultrasound with color Doppler ultrasound in predicting malignancy of thyroid nodules by using tissue diagnosis as the reference standard...
- Effect of protocol Doppler ultrasonography and urgent revascularization on early hepatic artery thrombosis after pediatric liver transplantationSeigo Nishida
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Arch Surg 137:1279-83. 2002Protocol Doppler ultrasonography of the liver (DUSL) is useful for detecting early hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT)...
- Early graft hemodynamics in living related liver transplantation evaluated by Doppler ultrasonographyShigeo Nakanishi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:265-9. 2004..artery, portal vein, and hepatic vein of the grafts during and until 7 days after surgery were studied by Doppler ultrasonography. The maximum flow velocity of the hepatic artery, mean portal blood flow velocity, and pulsatility index (..
- Evaluation of blood flow in pancreatic ductal carcinoma using contrast-enhanced, wide-band Doppler ultrasonography: correlation with tumor characteristics and vascular endothelial growth factorTadashi Ohshima
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Pancreas 28:335-43. 2004..We investigated the relationship among wide-band Doppler signals, clinicopathological factors, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression...
- Predictive role of duplex Doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of acute renal obstruction in patients with unilateral renal colicA Granata
1Departments of Nephrology Dialysis, Internal Medicine and Radiology, Vittorio Emanuele Ferrarollo Hospital, Catania
Clin Nephrol 71:680-6. 2009The aim of our study was to assess the role of Doppler ultrasonography (DU) by resistive index (RI) and the difference of the RI (DeltaRI) in patients with acute unilateral renal obstruction.
- Value of duplex Doppler ultrasonography in renal colicPetrisor Geavlete
Department of Urology, Saint John Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Eur Urol 41:71-8. 2002The aim of our study was to determine the value of duplex Doppler ultrasonography (DDU) in the patients' evolution with renal colic...
- Quantitative analysis of placental vasculature by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasonography in normal pregnancies from 12 to 40 weeks of gestationC F S de Paula
Obstetrics Department, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Placenta 30:142-8. 2009..05). All placental vascular indices estimated by 3D-power Doppler ultrasonography presented constant distribution throughout gestation, despite the increase in placental volume according ..
- Doppler ultrasonography reveals adult-worm nests in the lymph vessels of children with brugian filariasisR K Shenoy
Filariasis Chemotherapy Unit, T D Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha 688011, Kerala, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 101:173-80. 2007..The importance of these findings in the management and control of lymphatic filariasis is discussed...
- Doppler ultrasonography-aided early diagnosis of venous thromboembolism after total knee arthroplastyH Kume
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:664-8. 2010..To assess the ability of transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasound apparatus to detect venous emboli in patients who had undergone total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Passive leg raising predicts fluid responsiveness in the critically illXavier Monnet
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 11, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care Med 34:1402-7. 2006..We hypothesized that the hemodynamic response to PLR predicts fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients...
- Repeatability of power Doppler sonography of cervical lymph nodesMichael Ying
Department of Optometry and Radiography, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 28:737-44. 2002..Results suggest that power Doppler sonography is a reliable method in assessment of the vasculature of cervical lymph nodes...
- Assessment of inflammatory activity in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative study of clinical evaluation with grey scale and power Doppler ultrasonographyE Naredo
Department of Rhumatology, Hospital de la Princeca, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 64:375-81. 2005..To compare the clinical assessment of overall inflammatory activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with grey scale and power Doppler (PD) ultrasonography (US)...
- Quantitative ultrasonography in rheumatoid arthritis: evaluation of inflammation by Doppler techniqueE Qvistgaard
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 60:690-3. 2001..Ultrasonography may be useful in monitoring the synovial inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis...
- Doppler ultrasonography of the uterine artery and the response to chemotherapy in patients with gestational trophoblastic tumorsRoshan Agarwal
Department of Health Gestational Trophoblastic Disease Unit, Charing Cross Hospital Campus, Imperial College, London W6 8RF, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 8:1142-7. 2002..To assess neoangiogenesis in vivo, we have used Doppler ultrasonography (US) to measure the uterine artery pulsatility index (UAPI) in patients with gestational trophoblastic ..
- Established rheumatoid arthritis - new imaging modalitiesFiona M McQueen
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:841-56. 2007..Bioluminescence and fluorescence reflectance imaging are other approaches that allow imaging, and potentially the delivery of therapeutic agents, at a molecular level...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of joint involvement in early rheumatoid arthritis in clinical remission: power Doppler signal predicts short-term relapseCarlo A Scirè
Division of Rheumatology, Early Arthritis Clinic, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1092-7. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate the usefulness of a systematic musculoskeletal ultrasonographic (US) assessment in the detection of residual disease activity in patients with early RA who achieved clinical remission...
- Practice management guidelines for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in trauma patients: the EAST practice management guidelines work groupFrederick B Rogers
University of Vermont, Department of Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
J Trauma 53:142-64. 2002
- Power Doppler ultrasonography and synovitis: correlating ultrasound imaging with histopathological findings and evaluating the performance of ultrasound equipmentsJ M Koski
Department of Internal Medicine, Mikkeli Central Hospital, Porrassalmenkatu 35 37, 50100 Mikkeli, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1590-5. 2006..To examine the validity of power Doppler ultrasound imaging to identify synovitis, using histopathology as gold standard, and to assess the performance of ultrasound equipments...
- Assessment of enthesitis in ankylosing spondylitis by power Doppler ultrasonographyAdem Kiris
Department of Radiology, Firat University, Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Skeletal Radiol 35:522-8. 2006To evaluate the relationship between power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) assessment and clinical variables including enthesitis index, pain threshold and disease activity parameters, and to document grey-scale US findings of the 13 ..
- Sensitive noninvasive monitoring of tumor perfusion during antiangiogenic therapy by intermittent bolus-contrast power Doppler sonographyMartin Krix
Departments of Radiological Diagnostics and Therapy, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 63:8264-70. 2003....
- Assessment of the hepatic arterial and portal venous blood flows during pregnancy with Doppler ultrasonographyA Nakai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 266:25-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the dual hepatic blood supply is altered in healthy pregnant women compared with that in nonpregnant women...
- Prognostic value of umbilical artery Doppler studies in unselected preterm deliveriesArsenio Spinillo
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Neonatal Intensive Care, and Child Neuropsychiatry, University of Pavia, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 105:613-20. 2005..To evaluate the prognostic value of umbilical artery Doppler studies in premature deliveries...
- Behavioural relevance of atypical language lateralization in healthy subjectsS Knecht
Department of Neurology, University of Munster, Germany
Brain 124:1657-65. 2001..were determined by measuring the hemispheric perfusion differences by functional transcranial Doppler ultrasonography during a word generation task in healthy volunteers...
- Clinical evaluation of USCOM ultrasonic cardiac output monitor in cardiac surgical patients in intensive care unitH L Tan
Department of Intensive Care, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Pharmacology Unit, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Br J Anaesth 94:287-91. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the USCOM device compared with the thermodilution technique in intensive care patients who had just undergone cardiac surgery...
- Small-for-gestational-age fetuses with normal umbilical artery Doppler have suboptimal perinatal and neurodevelopmental outcomeFrancesc Figueras
Obstetrics and Neonatal Department, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:34-8. 2008..To evaluate the perinatal and neurodevelopmental outcome of small-for-gestational-age fetuses with normal umbilical artery Doppler managed expectantly during pregnancy and delivery...
- Renal arterial resistance in septic shock: effects of increasing mean arterial pressure with norepinephrine on the renal resistive index assessed with Doppler ultrasonographyStéphane Deruddre
Universite Paris XI, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Bicetre, AP HP, 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 33:1557-62. 2007To determine the effects of increasing mean arterial pressure (MAP) on renal resistances assessed by Doppler ultrasonography in septic shock.
- Renal blood flow changes induced with endothelin-1 and fenoldopam mesylate at quantitative Doppler US: initial results in a canine studyC M Sehgal
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6086, USA
Radiology 219:419-26. 2001To evaluate quantitative Doppler ultrasonography (US) for assessing renal blood flow changes induced with endothelin-1 (ET-1) and fenoldopam mesylate in conscious dogs.
- Validity, reproducibility, and responsiveness of a twelve-joint simplified power doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritisEsperanza Naredo
Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 59:515-22. 2008....
- Doppler ultrasonography and exercise testing in diagnosing a popliteal artery adventitial cystMaurizio Taurino
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, II Medical School, S, Andrea Hospital, Roma, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 7:23. 2009..The diagnosis resulted from Echo-Doppler ultrasonography along with peak exercise testing...
- How to evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography for assessing enthesitis in spondylarthritisMaria Antonietta d'Agostino
Universite de Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Boulogne Billancourt, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 61:61-9. 2009To evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for detecting and scoring enthesitis in patients with spondylarthitis, using a 3-step procedure.
- Detection of tumor-associated neoangiogenesis by Doppler ultrasonography during early-stage ovarian cancer in laying hens: a preclinical model of human spontaneous ovarian cancerAnimesh Barua
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University Medical Center, 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60612 USA
J Ultrasound Med 29:173-82. 2010..Because it is difficult to identify patients with early-stage OVCA, the goal of this study was to explore a spontaneous animal model of in vivo ovarian TAN associated with early-stage OVCA detectable by Doppler ultrasonography (DUS).
- Hemodynamic features of Doppler ultrasonography in patients with portal hypertension: intraoperative direct measurement of portal pressure in the portal venous systemLi Zhang
Department of Ultrasound Diagnosis, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xin Si Road, Ba Qiao District, 710038 Xi an, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:1689-96. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between a series of portal hemodynamic parameters obtained with Doppler ultrasonography and portal pressure measured directly from patients with portal hypertension (PHT).
- The evaluation of endometrial tumors by transvaginal and Doppler ultrasonographyMine Kanat-Pektas
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:495-9. 2008..The purpose of this study is to investigate the relation between uterine histopathologic alterations and sonographic findings in women diagnosed with endometrial cancer...
- Power Doppler sonography in the assessment of synovial tissue of the knee joint in rheumatoid arthritis: a preliminary experienceM Carotti
Department of Radiology, University of Ancona, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 61:877-82. 2002..vascularisation of the synovial pannus in the knee of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with power Doppler ultrasonography (PDS) and an echo contrast agent and correlate the area under the time-intensity curves with the clinical ..
- Comparison of Doppler ultrasonography and the hepatic venous pressure gradient in assessing portal hypertension in liver cirrhosisYeun Jong Choi
Departments of Internal Medicine, Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:424-9. 2003This prospective study aimed to determine whether Doppler ultrasonography can represent the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) as an assessment of the severity of portal hypertension and the response to terlipressin, which reduces ..
- Doppler ultrasonography and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of synovitis in the hand and wrist of patients with rheumatoid arthritisCatherine Cyteval
University of Montpellier I, Department of Radiology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 13:66-73. 2009..b>Doppler ultrasonography (DUS), using the amount of color pixels in the region of interest, and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging ..
- Use of Doppler ultrasonography to predict the outcome of therapy for renal-artery stenosisJ Radermacher
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
N Engl J Med 344:410-7. 2001..We evaluated whether a high level of resistance to flow in the segmental arteries of both kidneys (indicated by resistance-index values of at least 80) can be used prospectively to select appropriate patients for treatment...
- Spectral waveform analysis of major arteries in conscious dogs by Doppler ultrasonographyKichang Lee
Veterinary Radiology Department, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Korea
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:166-71. 2004..flow velocity and waveforms in major arteries of 10 healthy conscious Beagle dogs were determined using Doppler ultrasonography. Peak systolic, early diastolic, and end-diastolic velocities of the basilar artery, common carotid ..
- Screening for pre-eclampsia: the quest for the Holy Grail?Francois Audibert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Lancet 365:1367-9. 2005
- Evaluation of renal artery stenosis with velocity parameters of Doppler sonographyJian Chu Li
Department of Ultrasonography, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Wangfujing, Beijing 100730, China
J Ultrasound Med 25:735-42; quiz 743-4. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of velocity parameters for the diagnosis of renal artery stenosis (RAS) with color Doppler sonography and to determine the optimal threshold values for these parameters...
- Current management of transplant renal artery stenosis: clinical utility of duplex Doppler ultrasonographyMahesh C Goel
Glickman Urological Institute, Division of Renal Transplant, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 66:59-64. 2005To perform a retrospective study to determine the clinical utility of Doppler ultrasonography (DUS) and to determine its role in the management of transplant renal artery stenosis (TRAS).
- Feeding growth restricted preterm infants with abnormal antenatal Doppler resultsJ Dorling
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F359-63. 2005..Trials are required to determine the optimum timing for introduction of enteral feeds in growth restricted infants with fetal AREDF...
- Deep vein thrombosis after elective cesarean sectionAnne Flem Jacobsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 113:283-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the frequency of symptomatic and asymptomatic deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in a low risk cesarean section population...
- Pediatric applications of abdominal vascular Doppler: Part IIBrian D Coley
Department of Radiology, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:772-86. 2004..In part II, the application of Doppler in renal disease and in conditions affecting the deep abdominal vessels are discussed. The role of ultrasound contrast agents in pediatric Doppler imaging is briefly reviewed...
- Doppler and biophysical assessment in growth restricted fetuses: distribution of test resultsA A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201 1703, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:41-7. 2006Multi-vessel Doppler ultrasonography and biophysical profile scoring (BPS) are used in the surveillance of growth restricted fetuses (IUGR). The interpretation of both tests performed concurrently may be complex...
- Cerebral blood flow measurements of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries with Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adultsBurhan Yazici
Department of Radiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University Faculty of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 11:195-8. 2005To establish normal cerebral blood flow volume by measuring flow volume of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries using Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adults.
- Correlation of power Doppler with microvessel density in assessing prostate needle biopsyN M Wilson
Department of Radiology, Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Radiol 59:946-50. 2004To correlate hypervascular power Doppler ultrasonography with the histological evaluation of microvasculature in the prostate using trans-rectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided needle biopsy.
- Quantitative estimation of renal blood flow by power Doppler ultrasonography in renovascular hypertensive dogsTetsumasa Miyajima
Department of Urology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Kidney Int 68:2781-6. 2005..We estimated the value of power Doppler (PD) imaging analysis for the quantitative assessment of renal cortical blood flow (RCBF) in chronic two-kidney, one-clip (2K-1C) hypertensive dogs...
- Follow-up of extracranial vertebral artery stents with Doppler sonographyFatih Kantarci
Department of Radiology, Division of Ultrasonography, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Kocamustafapasa 34300, Istanbul, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:779-87. 2006..The V2 segment Doppler sonography measurements may guide future examinations and provide essential information regarding the proximally deployed stent...
- Best reproducibility of the ankle-arm index was calculated using Doppler and dividing highest ankle pressure by highest arm pressureFemke Atsma
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1282-8. 2005..To investigate which method of ankle-arm index (AAI) measurement in terms of selected arteries and blood pressure devices yields the highest reproducibility...
- Evaluation of endometrial receptivity during in-vitro fertilization using three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasoundI Y Järvelä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:765-9. 2005..To compare sonographic endometrial characteristics in in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles between women who conceive and those who do not...
- The role of endometrial and subendometrial vascularity measured by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound in the prediction of pregnancy during frozen-thawed embryo transfer cyclesErnest Hung Yu Ng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Reprod 21:1612-7. 2006..A good blood supply to the endometrium is usually considered as an essential requirement for implantation...
- Comparison of activin A and cell-free fetal DNA levels in maternal plasma from patients at high risk for preeclampsiaClaude Henri Diesch
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine and Gynaecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Prenat Diagn 26:1267-70. 2006..We examined the concentration of activin A in a prospective manner before the clinical manifestation of preeclampsia and compared the data with those of cell-free fetal DNA in the maternal plasma...
- Interobserver reliability of neovascularization score using power Doppler ultrasonography in midportion achilles tendinopathyPieter M Sengkerij
Hague Medical Centre, Leidschendam 2260 AK, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 37:1627-31. 2009Power Doppler ultrasonography is widely used to examine neovascularization in midportion Achilles tendinopathy. The reliability of the grading of the degree of neovascularization has not been examined previously.
- Value of contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (US) of the metacarpophalangeal joints on rheumatoid arthritisAndrea Klauser
Eur Radiol 14:545-6; author reply 547-8. 2004
- Abnormal Doppler flow velocimetry in the growth restricted foetus as a predictor for necrotising enterocolitisA B Bhatt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Postgrad Med 48:182-5; discussion 185. 2002..Necrotising Enterocolitis (NEC) results from continued exposure to hostile environment and is an important cause of poor neonatal outcome...
- Contrast enhanced color Doppler endorectal sonography of prostate: efficiency for detecting peripheral zone tumors and role for biopsy procedureCatherine Roy
Department of Radiology B, University Hospital of Strasbourg Hôpital Civil, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Urol 170:69-72. 2003..We evaluated the accuracy of contrast enhanced color Doppler endorectal ultrasound to guide biopsy for the detection of prostate cancer...
- Intra-tumor flow index can predict the malignant potential of breast tumor: dependent on age and volumeYi Hsuan Hsiao
Institute of Medical Research, Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan Department of Medical Education and Research, Division of Clinical Breast Cancer Research and Cancer Biology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:88-95. 2008....
- Interobserver agreement in ultrasonography of the finger and toe joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:955-62. 2003..To evaluate the interobserver agreement of ultrasonographic assessment of finger and toe joints in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by 2 investigators with different medical backgrounds...
- The value of dynamic contrast enhanced power Doppler ultrasound imaging in the localization of prostate cancerTjerk E B Goossen
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 43:124-31. 2003..The objective of this study is to define enhancement characteristics that correlate to the presence of prostate cancer (PCa) and to evaluate the value of these characteristics in the localization of prostate cancer...
- Contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography of the metacarpophalangeal joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
Department of Rheumatology, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Kettegard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur Radiol 13:163-8. 2003..study was to examine, with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI as the reference, if contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (CE PDUS) of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints provides additional information ..
- Effects of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel, TNRF:Fc) on rheumatoid arthritis evaluated by Doppler ultrasonographyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 62:178-81. 2003..of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using colour Doppler and spectral Doppler ultrasonography to determine the possible changes in synovial perfusion during a one year observation period.
- The sonographic search for portosystemic shuntsMarc André D'Anjou
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 22:104-14. 2007..Several sonographic features are observed with the different types of congenital and acquired PSS. A systematic, stepwise approach is described to facilitate ultrasound diagnosis of PSS in small animals...
- Inter-observer agreement of standard joint counts in early rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with grey scale ultrasonography--a preliminary studyF Salaffi
Department of Rheumatology, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:54-8. 2008..The aims of the present study were to assess the inter-observer agreement of standard joint count and to compare clinical examination with grey scale ultrasonography (US) findings in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Quantitative assessment of synovial vascularity using contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography: correlation with histologic findings and mr imaging findings in arthritic rabbit knee modelSang Hoon Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:45-53. 2008To validate contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (PD US) for the evaluation of synovial vascularity in an arthritic rabbit knee model in correlation with MR and histological findings.
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cerebral blood flow velocity (CBFv) will be estimated by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography. Thoracic, splanchnic, and pelvic vascular volumes will be measured by impedance plethysmography, and ..
- Mechanism of Bladder Overactivity in Pelvic IschemiaKazem M Azadzoi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Blood flow recording with transrectal color Doppler ultrasonography has revealed a significant decrease in bladder blood flow in the elderly patients in comparison with ..
- Primate model of mid-gestation Ureaplasma in utero infection: Prevention of neuroPETA LOUISE GRIGSBY; Fiscal Year: 2013..parvum IAI, and maternal antenatal therapy, will be monitored by Doppler ultrasonography and linked with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the fetal brain during critical periods of ..
- Operative Strategies To Reduce Cerebral Embolic Events During CABGMichael Halkos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography is an established method to detect cerebral embolic signals during cardiac surgery and will be utilized ..
- CEREBROVASCULAR RESERVE BY XE/CT VERSUS TCD AND OXIMETRYRonda Pindzola; Fiscal Year: 2003..studies have shown that hemodynamic compromise and high risk for stroke can be identified by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) and stable Xenon-enhanced computed tomography (Xe/CT) cerebral blood flow (CBF) measurements...
- STUDIES ON ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HEART FAILUREStuart Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..with a battery of tests for physiological testing of flow-mediated nitric oxide-induced vasodilation (Doppler ultrasonography and venous occlusion plethysmography) and determination of nitric oxide metabolism (isotope tracer ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive Correlates of TCD in Pediatric Sickle CellMARY KRAL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Modulation of Iron Deposition in SCD and Other HemoglobinopathiesELLIOTT P contact VICHINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Eighth Cooley's Anemia SymposiumElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Hemodynamics and Outcome in Pediatric Brain InjuryMONICA VAVILALA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research will be carried out at the University of Washington, well-known known for mentored patient-oriented research. ..
- Cerebral Edema in Pediatric Diabetic KetoacidosisMONICA VAVILALA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- E/BETA THALASSEMIA--NATURAL HISTORY & RESPONSE TO CHEMOElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, if this study is successful, it will change the approach to Hb E/B worldwide and result in improved quality of life and decreased mortality. (End of Abstract) ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE AND FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMESMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2001..They further state that the results of this study will be used to develop subsequent intervention studies designed to improve quality of life and prevent functional decline among men and women with PAD. ..
- Functional brain imaging by laser-induced PATLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- Virtual Patients for Computing Radiation DosesXie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These two cores then support four parallel clinical projects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Melanoma detection by optical spectroscopyLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..2. To establish a statistically significant database. 3. To develop and validate a diagnostic algorithm. 4. To identify the pathophysiologic parameters responsible for the diagnostic optical features. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary Mcgrae McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effectiveness of Screening Colonoscopy in Reducing Deaths from Colorectal CancerCHYKE ABADAMA DOUBENI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Blood Flow in Small Animals by UltrasoundChandra Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HARVARD OLDER AMERICANS INDEPENDENCE CENTERLewis Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Magnetic Resonance in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary Mcgrae McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge, in subsequent studies, is expected to lead to new therapies for PAD-related functional impairment and functional decline. ..
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Home-based vs. Supervised Exercise for ClaudicantsAndrew W Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Photons plus Ultrasound: Imaging and SensingLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] Previous critiques have been answered particularly as they addressed the participation of women and mechanisms to attract and reward students. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3D Prostate Cancer Imaging Based on "Crawling Wave" ExcitationDeborah J Rubens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful development of the novel 3D crawling wave imaging technology will be readily applicable to ultrasound scanners and therefore can be widely disseminated. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Advanced NeuroImaging for Acute Stroke TreatmentMax Wintermark; Fiscal Year: 2007..Invited junior scientists, for whom funding is requested, were selected based on merit. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHASE I/II STUDY OF SIMVASTATIN (ZOCOR) THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECarolyn Hoppe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] 2. To assess the safety and tolerability of oral simvastatin in patients with SCD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 4D Visible Human Modeling for Radiation DosimetryXie George Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..4).To establish an internet-based information-sharing resource on virtual-human motion simulation and radiation dosimetry. ..
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2009..A diagnostic tool that could safely and non-invasively detect tumors at an early stage, before metastasis, would be a great advance in health care. ..
- STICH Trial-Echocardiographic Core LaboratoryJae Oh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- High-resolution ultrasound-encoded optical tomographyLihong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed technology--a quantum leap from the state of the art--is complementary to confocal microscopy and optical-coherence tomography and has the potential for broad application in biomedicine. ..
- Flow-mediated dilation by ultrasound imagingChandra Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- EXERCISE FOR ELDERLY PERIPHERAL REVASCULARIZED PATIENTSAndrew Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- BLOOD FACTORS AND PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE OUTCOMESMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Bioengineering Methods to Study Blood SubstitutesAnthony Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Flow Measurement at Dialysis Access SalvageNikolai Krivitski; Fiscal Year: 2003..We aim to market this device to surgical and interventional radiology and interventional radiology suites worldwide. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN DIABETICSJoshua Beckman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC ENGINEERING OF A FAILURE RESISTANT VEIN GRAFTMichael Conte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long term objective is to develop a safe, efficient, and effective protocol for intraoperative gene therapy that will engineer vein bypass grafts that are resistant to occlusion. ..
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Access patency will be followed for at least 2 years, or until placement of a new access. All other aspects of the patients' medical and dialysis care will follow usual medical standards. ..
- MICROVASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION WITH MICROBUBBLESJonathan Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Fiber Bundle Volume and Clearance During HemodialysisNikolai Krivitski; Fiscal Year: 2002..This technology will improve hemodialysis outcomes, reduce management costs, and improve the quality of life for hemodialysis patients. A low cost, portable device will be successfully marketable in every hemodialysis center and ICU. ..
- ANNEXIN II & PLASMIN MEDIATED HIGH GRADE GLIOMA INVASIONSuchitra Acharya; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Hajjar is also very accessible for individual weekly meetings when the need arises. T h i s environment will provide excellent training for a developing physician-researcher. ..
- TCD Ultrasound of Subjects Enrolled in Baby HUGRobert Adams; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although the sample size is purposely small as designed by the parent study, large differences in the prevalence of high-risk patients at the end of treatment could be detected by Baby TCD. ..
- Doppler Vascularity/Sonography--Breast Cancer DiagnosisChandra Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2005..An integrated approach in which one mode represents tissue property and the other its function will result in a systematic and comprehensive diagnosis of breast cancers. ..
- Microarray Analysis of WoundsAMY COLWELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize these genes can be used to modulate the biology of adult wound healing. This first step will form our basis for developing treatment to induce scarless healing. ..
- SDB, metabolic syndrome, and vascular functionF Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Exacerbation of Alzheimer's Disease by Nitrous OxideW Kofke; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, observation of a protective effect may result in discovery of an easily implemented preventative drug therapy for AD. ..
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound with Therapeutic ModalityMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are a prelude to show feasibility prior to in vivo studies. ..
- Mechanisms of Disability in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will be used to develop interventions designed to improve lower extremity functioning and prevent functional decline in persons with PAD. ..
- Inflammation and Peripheral Arterial Disease OutcomesMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results will be used to develop interventions to improve functioning and prevent functional decline in PAD. ..
- High Dose Erythropoetin Neuroprotection Trial for Neonatal Cardiac SurgeryDean Andropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will show if babies that are given erythropoetin have fewer delays in development than babies that do not receive the drug. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of this study will lead to an alternative method for intra-operative sentinel node localization that may obviate many of the limitations of current techniques. ..
- Assessment of Muscle Vascular Disease with Diffuse LightGuoqiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed, noninvasive, portable, and inexpensive optical technology may fill in this gap by providing multiple hemodynamic information and by enabling continuous measurements at the bed-side and in ambulatory care. ..
- Doppler characterization of embryonic mouse circulationColin Phoon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Ultrafast Z-Scan X-ray Volume CTCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will focus on the latter two applications and, based on the proposed studies, will develop a design for an optimized scanner based on the Z-Scan principle. ..
- 3D-CE-MRA with High-Resoluton Extended AcquisitionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intra-operative X-ray angiography will be used for validation of the patient MRA studies The proposed techniques have similar potential in other areas of MRA. ..
- HighlY constrained backPRojection (HYPR) for Ultrafast Undersampled MRICharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal focuses on the evaluation of cerebral AVMs using PR HYPR TRICKS and HYPR VIPR and the measurement of pressure gradients across stenotic carotid arteries. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..