Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonography applying the Doppler effect, with frequency-shifted ultrasound reflections produced by moving targets (usually red blood cells) in the bloodstream along the ultrasound axis in direct proportion to the velocity of movement of the targets, to determine both direction and velocity of blood flow. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Can the degree of retrograde diastolic flow in abnormal umbilical artery flow velocity waveforms predict pregnancy outcome?J Brodszki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:229-34. 2002..We aimed to investigate whether additional prognostic information can be obtained from umbilical artery waveforms in cases with reverse end-diastolic flow...
- Doppler-derived umbilical artery absolute velocities and their relationship to fetoplacental volume blood flow: a longitudinal studyG Acharya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:444-53. 2005....
- Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysisJeltsje S Cnossen
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CMAJ 178:701-11. 2008..We investigated the predictive accuracy of all uterine artery Doppler indices for both conditions in the first and second trimesters...
- Assessment of inflammatory activity in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative study of clinical evaluation with grey scale and power Doppler ultrasonographyE Naredo
Department of Rhumatology, Hospital de la Princeca, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 64:375-81. 2005..To compare the clinical assessment of overall inflammatory activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with grey scale and power Doppler (PD) ultrasonography (US)...
- Assessment of the hepatic arterial and portal venous blood flows during pregnancy with Doppler ultrasonographyA Nakai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 266:25-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the dual hepatic blood supply is altered in healthy pregnant women compared with that in nonpregnant women...
- Ultrasonography and Doppler ultrasonography in the evaluation of intraosseous lesions of the jawsA P Sumer
Ondokuzmayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:23-7. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of ultrasonography and colour and power Doppler ultrasonography for diagnosis of intraosseous lesions of the jaws and to correlate the contents of the lesion with the histological findings.
- Comparison of Doppler ultrasonography and the hepatic venous pressure gradient in assessing portal hypertension in liver cirrhosisYeun Jong Choi
Departments of Internal Medicine, Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:424-9. 2003BACKGROUND AND AIM: This prospective study aimed to determine whether Doppler ultrasonography can represent the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) as an assessment of the severity of portal hypertension and the response to ..
- Peripheral arterial disease detection, awareness, and treatment in primary careA T Hirsch
Vascular Medicine Program, Minnesota Vascular Diseases Center, Mayo Mail Code 508, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware St, SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
JAMA 286:1317-24. 2001..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is a manifestation of systemic atherosclerosis that is common and is associated with an increased risk of death and ischemic events, yet may be underdiagnosed in primary care practice...
- Prediction and prevention of recurrent preeclampsiaJohn R Barton
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:359-72. 2008..The development of severe gestational hypertension, fetal growth restriction, or recurrent preeclampsia requires maternal hospitalization...
- Validity, reproducibility, and responsiveness of a twelve-joint simplified power doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritisEsperanza Naredo
Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 59:515-22. 2008....
- Power Doppler ultrasonography for assessment of synovitis in the metacarpophalangeal joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with dynamic magnetic resonance imagingM Szkudlarek
The Danish Research Center of Magnetic Resonance, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 44:2018-23. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the effectiveness of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for assessing inflammatory activity in the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), using dynamic magnetic resonance ..
- Quantitative analysis of placental vasculature by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasonography in normal pregnancies from 12 to 40 weeks of gestationC F S de Paula
Obstetrics Department, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Placenta 30:142-8. 2009..05). All placental vascular indices estimated by 3D-power Doppler ultrasonography presented constant distribution throughout gestation, despite the increase in placental volume according ..
- Monitoring of motor evoked potentials compared with somatosensory evoked potentials and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography in cerebral aneurysm surgeryGeorg Neuloh
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurochirurgie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Neurosurg 100:389-99. 2004..efficiency of motor evoked potentials (MEPs), somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEPs), and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography (MDU) in the detection of impending motor impairment from subcortical ischemia in aneurysm surgery; to ..
- Doppler ultrasonography and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of synovitis in the hand and wrist of patients with rheumatoid arthritisCatherine Cyteval
University of Montpellier I, Department of Radiology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 13:66-73. 2009..b>Doppler ultrasonography (DUS), using the amount of color pixels in the region of interest, and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging ..
- The evaluation of endometrial tumors by transvaginal and Doppler ultrasonographyMine Kanat-Pektas
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:495-9. 2008..The purpose of this study is to investigate the relation between uterine histopathologic alterations and sonographic findings in women diagnosed with endometrial cancer...
- Assessment of enthesitis in ankylosing spondylitis by power Doppler ultrasonographyAdem Kiris
Department of Radiology, Firat University, Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Skeletal Radiol 35:522-8. 2006To evaluate the relationship between power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) assessment and clinical variables including enthesitis index, pain threshold and disease activity parameters, and to document grey-scale US findings of the 13 ..
- Doppler ultrasonography reveals adult-worm nests in the lymph vessels of children with brugian filariasisR K Shenoy
Filariasis Chemotherapy Unit, T D Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha 688011, Kerala, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 101:173-80. 2007..The importance of these findings in the management and control of lymphatic filariasis is discussed...
- Detection of tumor-associated neoangiogenesis by Doppler ultrasonography during early-stage ovarian cancer in laying hens: a preclinical model of human spontaneous ovarian cancerAnimesh Barua
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University Medical Center, 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60612 USA
J Ultrasound Med 29:173-82. 2010..Because it is difficult to identify patients with early-stage OVCA, the goal of this study was to explore a spontaneous animal model of in vivo ovarian TAN associated with early-stage OVCA detectable by Doppler ultrasonography (DUS).
- Hemodynamic features of Doppler ultrasonography in patients with portal hypertension: intraoperative direct measurement of portal pressure in the portal venous systemLi Zhang
Department of Ultrasound Diagnosis, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xin Si Road, Ba Qiao District, 710038 Xi an, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:1689-96. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between a series of portal hemodynamic parameters obtained with Doppler ultrasonography and portal pressure measured directly from patients with portal hypertension (PHT).
- Doppler ultrasonography-aided early diagnosis of venous thromboembolism after total knee arthroplastyH Kume
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:664-8. 2010..To assess the ability of transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasound apparatus to detect venous emboli in patients who had undergone total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Multi-centre clinical study evaluating the efficacy of SonoVue (BR1), a new ultrasound contrast agent in Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesionsE Leen
Radiology Department, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Eur J Radiol 41:200-6. 2002..SonoVue is a new ultrasound contrast agent, which consists of stabilised microbubbles of a sulphur hexafluoride gas. The aim of the study was to assess its efficacy in the Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesions...
- Passive leg raising predicts fluid responsiveness in the critically illXavier Monnet
, , , , , France
Crit Care Med 34:1402-7. 2006....
- Pediatric applications of abdominal vascular Doppler: Part IIBrian D Coley
Department of Radiology, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:772-86. 2004..In part II, the application of Doppler in renal disease and in conditions affecting the deep abdominal vessels are discussed. The role of ultrasound contrast agents in pediatric Doppler imaging is briefly reviewed...
- Deep vein thrombosis after elective cesarean sectionAnne Flem Jacobsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 113:283-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the frequency of symptomatic and asymptomatic deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in a low risk cesarean section population...
- The sonographic search for portosystemic shuntsMarc André D'Anjou
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 22:104-14. 2007..Several sonographic features are observed with the different types of congenital and acquired PSS. A systematic, stepwise approach is described to facilitate ultrasound diagnosis of PSS in small animals...
- Intra-tumor flow index can predict the malignant potential of breast tumor: dependent on age and volumeYi Hsuan Hsiao
Institute of Medical Research, Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan Department of Medical Education and Research, Division of Clinical Breast Cancer Research and Cancer Biology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:88-95. 2008....
- The use of fetal Doppler in obstetricsRobert Gagnon
Council of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:601-14; quiz 615-6. 2003..Duplex mode with pulsed Doppler and colour Doppler flow mapping is the minimum required ultrasound equipment. (II-1A)..
- Established rheumatoid arthritis - new imaging modalitiesFiona M McQueen
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:841-56. 2007..Bioluminescence and fluorescence reflectance imaging are other approaches that allow imaging, and potentially the delivery of therapeutic agents, at a molecular level...
- Prediction of clinical response after renal angioplasty: respective value of renal Doppler sonography and scintigraphyGilles Soulez
Department of Radiology, CHUM Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street E, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1029-35. 2003..The patients were evaluated for the status of hypertension 3 months after the procedure. The predictive values of the findings of clinical examination, Doppler sonography, renal scintigraphy, and angiography were assessed...
- Quantitative assessment of synovial vascularity using contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography: correlation with histologic findings and mr imaging findings in arthritic rabbit knee modelSang Hoon Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:45-53. 2008To validate contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (PD US) for the evaluation of synovial vascularity in an arthritic rabbit knee model in correlation with MR and histological findings.
- Hepatic flow parameters measured with MR imaging and Doppler US: correlations with degree of cirrhosis and portal hypertensionLaurence Annet
Department of Radiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 229:409-14. 2003To determine the correlations between hemodynamic parameters of hepatic flow measured with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and Doppler ultrasonography (US) and the severity of cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
- Inter-observer agreement of standard joint counts in early rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with grey scale ultrasonography--a preliminary studyF Salaffi
Department of Rheumatology, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:54-8. 2008..The aims of the present study were to assess the inter-observer agreement of standard joint count and to compare clinical examination with grey scale ultrasonography (US) findings in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Doppler ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging of synovial inflammation of the hand in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative studyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:2434-41. 2003....
- The value of power Doppler ultrasonography in Achilles tendinopathy: a prospective studyRobert Jan de Vos
The Hague Medical Centre Antoniushove, Sports Medicine Department, PO Box 411, Burgemeester Banninglaan 1, 2260 AK Leidschendam, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 35:1696-701. 2007Neovascularization, detected with power Doppler ultrasonography (PDU), is thought by some to play a central role in pathogenesis of Achilles tendinopathy.
- Correlation of power Doppler with microvessel density in assessing prostate needle biopsyN M Wilson
Department of Radiology, Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Radiol 59:946-50. 2004To correlate hypervascular power Doppler ultrasonography with the histological evaluation of microvasculature in the prostate using trans-rectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided needle biopsy.
- Evaluation of endometrial receptivity during in-vitro fertilization using three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasoundI Y Järvelä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:765-9. 2005..To compare sonographic endometrial characteristics in in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles between women who conceive and those who do not...
- Cerebral blood flow measurements of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries with Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adultsBurhan Yazici
Department of Radiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University Faculty of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 11:195-8. 2005To establish normal cerebral blood flow volume by measuring flow volume of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries using Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adults.
- Doppler and biophysical assessment in growth restricted fetuses: distribution of test resultsA A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201 1703, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:41-7. 2006Multi-vessel Doppler ultrasonography and biophysical profile scoring (BPS) are used in the surveillance of growth restricted fetuses (IUGR). The interpretation of both tests performed concurrently may be complex...
- Automated oscillometric determination of the ankle-brachial index provides accuracy necessary for office practiceJoshua A Beckman
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 47:35-8. 2006..Our findings show automated oscillometry to be a reliable and easier method of ABI measurement, lowering the barrier to incorporation of this diagnostic test into clinical practice...
- The role of endometrial and subendometrial vascularity measured by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound in the prediction of pregnancy during frozen-thawed embryo transfer cyclesErnest Hung Yu Ng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Reprod 21:1612-7. 2006..A good blood supply to the endometrium is usually considered as an essential requirement for implantation...
- Feeding growth restricted preterm infants with abnormal antenatal Doppler resultsJ Dorling
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F359-63. 2005..Trials are required to determine the optimum timing for introduction of enteral feeds in growth restricted infants with fetal AREDF...
- Power Doppler ultrasonography and synovitis: correlating ultrasound imaging with histopathological findings and evaluating the performance of ultrasound equipmentsJ M Koski
Department of Internal Medicine, Mikkeli Central Hospital, Porrassalmenkatu 35 37, 50100 Mikkeli, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1590-5. 2006..To examine the validity of power Doppler ultrasound imaging to identify synovitis, using histopathology as gold standard, and to assess the performance of ultrasound equipments...
- Evaluation of renal artery stenosis with velocity parameters of Doppler sonographyJian-Chu Li
Department of Ultrasonography, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Wangfujing, Beijing 100730, China
J Ultrasound Med 25:735-42; quiz 743-4. 2006..Valuing influencing factors of PSV in the renal artery will help reduce misdiagnosis. The combination of RIR greater than 5 and PSV less than 15 cm/s in the interlobar artery provides the best diagnostic efficiency of RAS...
- Current management of transplant renal artery stenosis: clinical utility of duplex Doppler ultrasonographyMahesh C Goel
Glickman Urological Institute, Division of Renal Transplant, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 66:59-64. 2005OBJECTIVES: To perform a retrospective study to determine the clinical utility of Doppler ultrasonography (DUS) and to determine its role in the management of transplant renal artery stenosis (TRAS)...
- Follow-up of extracranial vertebral artery stents with Doppler sonographyFatih Kantarci
Department of Radiology, Division of Ultrasonography, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Kocamustafapasa 34300, Istanbul, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:779-87. 2006..The V2 segment Doppler sonography measurements may guide future examinations and provide essential information regarding the proximally deployed stent...
- Comparison of activin A and cell-free fetal DNA levels in maternal plasma from patients at high risk for preeclampsiaClaude Henri Diesch
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine and Gynaecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Prenat Diagn 26:1267-70. 2006..977, p = 0.000). CONCLUSION: Our data suggest that circulatory activin A could be an independent biomarker for the early identification and monitoring of preeclampsia...
- Quantitative estimation of renal blood flow by power Doppler ultrasonography in renovascular hypertensive dogsTetsumasa Miyajima
Department of Urology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Kidney Int 68:2781-6. 2005..We estimated the value of power Doppler (PD) imaging analysis for the quantitative assessment of renal cortical blood flow (RCBF) in chronic two-kidney, one-clip (2K-1C) hypertensive dogs...
- The association of the ankle-brachial index with incident coronary heart disease: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study, 1987-2001Beth D Weatherley
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, P, O, Box 17969, Durham, NC 27715, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 7:3. 2007....
- Screening for pre-eclampsia: the quest for the Holy Grail?Francois Audibert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Lancet 365:1367-9. 2005
- Second-trimester uterine artery Doppler pulsatility index and maternal serum PP13 as markers of pre-eclampsiaKevin Spencer
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Harold Wood Hospital, Romford, UK
Prenat Diagn 27:258-63. 2007....
- Solid breast masses: neural network analysis of vascular features at three-dimensional power Doppler US for benign or malignant classificationRuey Feng Chang
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Radiology 243:56-62. 2007..the accuracy of neural network analysis of tumor vascular features at three-dimensional (3D) power Doppler ultrasonography (US) for classification of breast tumors as benign or malignant, with histologic findings as the ..
- Best reproducibility of the ankle-arm index was calculated using Doppler and dividing highest ankle pressure by highest arm pressureFemke Atsma
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1282-8. 2005..The AAI should be calculated for each foot separately by dividing the highest ankle SBP by the highest arm SBP...
- Doppler sonography in renal artery stenosis. An evaluation of intrarenal and extrarenal imaging parametersIsik Conkbayir
SSK Ankara Eğitim Hastanesi Social Security Ankara Hospital, Department of Radiology, TR 06110, Diskapi, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 27:256-60. 2003..0 with a sensitivity and specificity at 92% and 88%, respectively...
- Value of contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (US) of the metacarpophalangeal joints on rheumatoid arthritisAndrea Klauser
Eur Radiol 14:545-6; author reply 547-8. 2004
- How to evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography for assessing enthesitis in spondylarthritisMaria Antonietta d'Agostino
Universite de Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Boulogne Billancourt, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 61:61-9. 2009To evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for detecting and scoring enthesitis in patients with spondylarthitis, using a 3-step procedure.
- Laparoscopic Doppler technology: applications in laparoscopic pyeloplasty and radical and partial nephrectomyElias S Hyams
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Urology 71:952-6. 2008..However, it has not been formally described for use in laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, or pyeloplasty. We report our initial experience with Doppler technology in 20 patients undergoing these procedures...
- Doppler sonography of portal hypertensionKathryn A Robinson
Fellow University of Chicago, USA
Ultrasound Q 25:3-13. 2009..Using all of these clues, it is possible to diagnose portal hypertension with a high degree of sensitivity and specificity in most patients...
- Effects of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel, TNRF:Fc) on rheumatoid arthritis evaluated by Doppler ultrasonographyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 62:178-81. 2003..of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using colour Doppler and spectral Doppler ultrasonography to determine the possible changes in synovial perfusion during a one year observation period.
- Correlation of power Doppler sonography with vascularity of the synovial tissue of the knee joint in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisM Walther
University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 44:331-8. 2001..01). CONCLUSION: In the present study, PDS proved to be a reliable diagnostic method for qualitative grading of the vascularity of the synovial tissue. In clinical practice, PDS allows further differentiation of the hypertrophic synovium...
- Contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography of the metacarpophalangeal joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
Department of Rheumatology, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, , 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur Radiol 13:163-8. 2003..study was to examine, with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI as the reference, if contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (CE PDUS) of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints provides additional information ..
- The value of dynamic contrast enhanced power Doppler ultrasound imaging in the localization of prostate cancerTjerk E B Goossen
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 43:124-31. 2003..An accurate discrimination between malignancies in either the dorsal or ventral side of the prostate cannot be performed. This is most likely due to anatomical differences between the dorsal and ventral area...
- Interobserver agreement in ultrasonography of the finger and toe joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:955-62. 2003..To evaluate the interobserver agreement of ultrasonographic assessment of finger and toe joints in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by 2 investigators with different medical backgrounds...
- Abnormal Doppler flow velocimetry in the growth restricted foetus as a predictor for necrotising enterocolitisA B Bhatt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Postgrad Med 48:182-5; discussion 185. 2002..Necrotising Enterocolitis (NEC) results from continued exposure to hostile environment and is an important cause of poor neonatal outcome...
- Contrast enhanced color Doppler endorectal sonography of prostate: efficiency for detecting peripheral zone tumors and role for biopsy procedureCatherine Roy
Department of Radiology B, , , 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Urol 170:69-72. 2003..This technique is easy to perform and not time-consuming. Obtaining additional biopsy cores of suspicious enhancing foci significantly improves the detection rate of cancer...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of joint involvement in early rheumatoid arthritis in clinical remission: power Doppler signal predicts short-term relapseCarlo A Scirè
Division of Rheumatology, Early Arthritis Clinic, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1092-7. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate the usefulness of a systematic musculoskeletal ultrasonographic (US) assessment in the detection of residual disease activity in patients with early RA who achieved clinical remission...
- Interobserver reliability of neovascularization score using power Doppler ultrasonography in midportion achilles tendinopathyPieter M Sengkerij
Hague Medical Centre, Leidschendam 2260 AK, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 37:1627-31. 2009Power Doppler ultrasonography is widely used to examine neovascularization in midportion Achilles tendinopathy. The reliability of the grading of the degree of neovascularization has not been examined previously.
- Early second-trimester low umbilical coiling index predicts small-for-gestational-age fetusesS Degani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
J Ultrasound Med 20:1183-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The umbilical coiling index measured in the second trimester is useful in predicting the birth of a small-for-gestational-age infant and may serve as a marker for subsequent growth restriction...
- Antenatal assessment of discordant umbilical arteries in singleton pregnanciesMladen Predanic
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, Suite M 704, New York, NY 10021, USA
Croat Med J 47:701-8. 2006..To assess the relationship between discordant umbilical arterial size and resultant blood flow parameters and determine the impact of discordance on fetal outcome...
- Fetal hemodynamic changes after amniotomyWing Yee Fok
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:166-9. 2005..The aim of the study was to assess fetal vascular blood flow after amniotomy...
- Reproducibility and repeatability of transabdominal uterine artery Doppler velocimetry between 10 and 14 weeks of gestationB Hollis
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George's Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:593-7. 2001..Quantitatively, the resistance index appears to be the most repeatable and reproducible measurement at this gestational age. Qualitative assessment of the waveform morphology also shows high levels of intra- and interobserver agreement...
- Prediction of fetal anemia in pregnancies with red-cell alloimmunization: comparison of middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity and amniotic fluid OD450R Bullock
Division of Reproductive and Child Health, Birmingham Women's Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:331-4. 2005..CONCLUSION: MCA-PSV and OD450 have similar test accuracy in detecting fetal anemia. MCA-PSV is non-invasive and therefore presents no risk of miscarriage or preterm labor and thus is a preferable method of screening for fetal anemia...
- Low dose acetylsalicylic acid in prevention of pregnancy-induced hypertension and intrauterine growth retardation in women with bilateral uterine artery notchesMerja Vainio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Tampere University Hospital, Finland
BJOG 109:161-7. 2002..CONCLUSION: In women rated in Doppler velocimetry waveform analysis to be at high risk of pre-eclampsia, low-dose acetylsalicyclic acid reduces the incidence of pregnancy-induced hypertension and especially proteinuric pre-eclampsia...
- Acceleration time in the fetal middle cerebral artery during the second half of pregnancyAntonio Gadelha Da Costa
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:317-20. 2005..05). The ATMCA values for normal fetuses could be compared with those obtained during high-risk pregnancies; this would be useful for the detection of fetal cardiac anomalies...
- Biophysical profile in the treatment of intrauterine growth-restricted fetuses who weigh <1000 gSatinder Kaur
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:264.e1-4. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the biophysical profile (BPP) usefulness in the prediction of cord pH, base excess, and guidance regarding the timing of delivery in preterm intrauterine growth-restricted (IUGR) fetuses...
- Antenatal Doppler measurements and early brain injury in very low birth weight infantsJonna Maunu
Department of Pediatric Neurology, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
J Pediatr 150:51-56.e1. 2007..To determine the correlation between fetoplacental blood flow and brain injury and volumes in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants...
- Uterine artery score and perinatal outcomeE Hernandez-Andrade
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:438-42. 2002..To evaluate a modified uterine artery score based on the pulsatility index and presence or absence of notching in the Doppler velocity waveform recorded from both uterine arteries in relation to the perinatal outcome...
- Comparison of different reference values of fetal blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery for predicting fetal anemiaJ L Bartha
Fetal Medicine Unit, St Michael s Hospital, Bristol, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:335-40. 2005..To compare different normal reference ranges of fetal blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery for predicting fetal anemia...
- Normative values of Doppler velocimetry of five major fetal arteries as determined by color power angiographyJustin C Konje
Fetal Growth and Development Research Group, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, Leicester Warwick Medical School, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:230-7. 2005..To produce normograms of Doppler indices of major fetal arteries and their ratios relative to the ascending aorta in a cohort of appropriately grown for gestational age fetuses...
- [Prognostic value of fetal aortic isthmus Doppler waveform in intrauterine growth retardation: prospective longitudinal study]S Hidar
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisie
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 33:745-52. 2004..Our purpose was to determine whether the use of aortic isthmus Doppler waveform analysis in growth restricted fetuses delivered at 28 to 38 weeks predicts perinatal outcomes...
- Reference ranges for serial measurements of blood velocity and pulsatility index at the intra-abdominal portion, and fetal and placental ends of the umbilical arteryG Acharya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:162-9. 2005..To construct reference ranges for serial measurements of umbilical artery (UA) blood flow velocity and pulsatility index (PI) at standardized insonation sites during the second half of pregnancy...
- Doppler, cardiotocography, and biophysical profile changes in growth-restricted fetusesErich Cosmi
Department of Gynecological Science, Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Padua School of Medicine, Padova, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 106:1240-5. 2005..To assess from diagnosis to delivery the Doppler studies of the umbilical artery, middle cerebral artery, umbilical vein, ductus venosus, and amniotic fluid index of fetuses with idiopathic growth restriction...
- Effects of maternal hyperoxia with and without normocapnia in uteroplacental and fetal Doppler studiesM J Simchen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:495-9. 2005..We aimed to evaluate the effect of maternal hyperoxygenation with and without maintaining normocapnia on the fetal and uteroplacental circulations in healthy near-term human pregnancies...
- Doppler waveforms: the relation between ductus venosus and inferior vena cavaBin Zhang
Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:1173-6. 2005..In conclusion, we report the first study on the correlation between DV-RI and IVC-PLI, which indicated the different roles of DV and IVC in fetal hemodynamics...
- Intrauterine growth restriction and absent or reverse end-diastolic blood flow in umbilical artery (Doppler class II or III): A retrospective study of short- and long-term fetal morbidity and mortalityStefan Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Maternity CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 126:20-6. 2006..The optimal timing of delivery is still controversial. We studied the short- and long-term morbidity and mortality among these children associated with our defined management...
- Intraobserver and interobserver variability of transabdominal Doppler velocimetry measurements of the fetal ductus venosus between 10 and 14 weeks of gestationE Mavrides
Fetal Medicine Unit and Department of Public Health Sciences, St. George's Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 17:306-10. 2001..This makes the implementation of the semiquantitative Doppler indices in a screening setting difficult. On the contrary, qualitative classification of the flow velocity waveforms seemed to be a reproducible method...
- Antenatal umbilical coiling index and Doppler flow characteristicsM Predanic
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:699-703. 2006..To evaluate whether a relationship exists between the antenatal umbilical coiling index (UCI) and umbilical cord Doppler flow characteristics...
- [Doppler velocimetry in patients with preeclampsia]S Ivanov
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 45:3-9. 2006..In severe cases correlation between RI of umbilical artery and neonatal pH was found. CONCLUSION: Doppler velocimetry is an effective method of fetal surveillance in pregnancies, complicated by preeclampsia..
- Doppler assessment of fetal aortic isthmus blood flow in two different sonographic planes during the second half of gestationM Del Rio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, ICGON, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:170-4. 2005....
- Alterations of placental vascular function in asthmatic pregnanciesV L Clifton
Mothers and Babies Research Centre and Respiratory Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:546-53. 2001..These changes in vascular function in asthmatic pregnancies may contribute to the low-birthweight outcome observed in this condition...
- Early and persistent reduction in umbilical vein blood flow in the growth-restricted fetus: a longitudinal studyS Rigano
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Instituto Scienze BioMediche L. Sacco, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:834-8. 2001..This reduction in blood flow is due to reduced umbilical vein velocity...
- Uterine artery Doppler velocimetry for the detection of adverse obstetric outcomes in patients with elevated mid-trimester beta-human chorionic gonadotrophinAndrea Barkehall-Thomas
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Monash University Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:743-7. 2005....
- The relation of increased uterine artery blood flow resistance and impaired trophoblast invasion in pre-eclamptic pregnanciesKadir Guzin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SSK Goztepe Educational Hospital, Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:283-8. 2005..To assess the association between histopathologically confirmed vascular abnormalities developed during pre-eclampsia and abnormal arterial blood flows recorded during Doppler sonographies...
- Standardization of power Doppler quantification of blood flow in the human fetus using the aorta and inferior vena cavaA W Welsh
Department of Obstetrics, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:33-43. 2005..This study aimed to test the applicability to the fetus of mathematical techniques developed to standardize power Doppler indices of adult regional perfusion...
- Comparison of perinatal outcome of growth-restricted fetuses with normal and abnormal umbilical artery Doppler waveformsNeena Malhotra
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Sci 60:311-7. 2006..001). CONCLUSION: Umbilical artery Doppler should be used in the management of growth-restricted fetuses. In those fetuses in normal Doppler, pregnancy can be prolonged. REDF is an indication for termination of pregnancy...
- Non-invasive tests to predict fetal anemia in Kell-alloimmunized pregnanciesH van Dongen
Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy Unit, Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:341-5. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Doppler evaluation of MCA peak systolic velocity and IHUV maximum velocity can be used to reliably predict severe fetal anemia in Kell alloimmunization...
- The Doppler assessment in multiple pregnancy randomised controlled trial of ultrasound biometry versus umbilical artery Doppler ultrasound and biometry in twin pregnancyWarwick Giles
Discipline of Reproductive Medicine and Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Newcastle, New South Wales 2308, Callaghan, Australia
BJOG 110:593-7. 2003..The lower rate of unexplained fetal death in the no Doppler group was not significantly different from the Doppler group...
- Assessment of changes in utero-ovarian arterial impedance during the peri-implantation period by Doppler sonography in women undergoing assisted reproductionL W Chien
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University and Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:496-500. 2004..Delay in achieving adequate uterine perfusion during the temporal window of embryo implantation may have an impact on endometrial receptivity...
- Middle cerebral artery blood flow velocities and pulsatility index and the cerebroplacental pulsatility ratio: longitudinal reference ranges and terms for serial measurementsC Ebbing
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30:287-96. 2007....
- Consequences of reduced umbilical and increased foetal cerebral flow during malaria crisis on foetal behaviourP Arbeille
INSERM 316, Département Medecine Nucléaire and Ultrasons, CHU Trousseau, 37044 Tours, France
Parasitology 126:513-9. 2003..It was concluded that the hypoxic index was more predictive of aFHR at delivery than the amplitude or the duration (i.e. crisis duration) of the foetal flow redistribution...
- The value of uterine artery Doppler in the prediction of uteroplacental complications in multiparous womenK Harrington
The Homerton Hospital NHS Trust, Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:50-5. 2004..To investigate the value of second-trimester uterine artery Doppler in the prediction of complications resulting from uteroplacental insufficiency in low- and high-risk multiparous women...
- Fetal heart rate and blood flow velocity variability in the presence of increased nuchal translucency: a preliminary studyA S M Vinkesteijn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:19-22. 2004..The mean umbilical artery pulsatility index was significantly higher in the NT group. CONCLUSION: The autonomic nervous system does not seem to play a role in the altered cardiovascular homeostasis in the presence of increased fetal NT...
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cerebral blood flow velocity (CBFv) will be estimated by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography. Thoracic, splanchnic, and pelvic vascular volumes will be measured by impedance plethysmography, and ..
- Phase Contrast Imaging using Isotropic ProjectionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to develop and optimize the proposed methods and to test their feasibility using simulations, phantoms, and a series of studies using volunteers and patients. ..
- CEREBROVASCULAR RESERVE BY XE/CT VERSUS TCD AND OXIMETRYRonda Pindzola; Fiscal Year: 2003..studies have shown that hemodynamic compromise and high risk for stroke can be identified by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) and stable Xenon-enhanced computed tomography (Xe/CT) cerebral blood flow (CBF) measurements...
- STUDIES ON ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HEART FAILUREStuart Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..with a battery of tests for physiological testing of flow-mediated nitric oxide-induced vasodilation (Doppler ultrasonography and venous occlusion plethysmography) and determination of nitric oxide metabolism (isotope tracer ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Quantitative Subharmonic Breast ImagingFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pathogenesis and Pathophysiological Mechanisms of Myofascial Trigger PointsSiddhartha Sikdar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our approach would also be broadly applicable to elucidating the underlying mechanisms in other chronic musculoskeletal pain disorders, such low back pain. ..
- Mitochondriopathy of Chronically Ischemic MuscleIraklis Pipinos; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3: Correlate mitochondrial dysfunction with muscle contractile properties. Aim 4: Correlate mitochondrial dysfunction with oxidative damage in the ischemic skeletal muscle. ..
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of this study will lead to an alternative method for intra-operative sentinel node localization that may obviate many of the limitations of current techniques. ..
- Contrast Ultrasound Assessment of Microvascular Function in Insulin Resistant NonJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will be vital not only for understanding the pathophysiology of diabetes, but will also be important for establishing a method to test new treatment strategies or diagnostic strategies for early diabetic risk profiling. ..
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolytic Therapy: Deep ThrombosisANEEL ASHRANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Muscle Vascular Disease with Diffuse LightGuoqiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed, non- invasive, portable, and inexpensive optical technology may fill in this gap by providing multiple hemodynamic information and by enabling continuous measurements at the bed-side and in.ambulatory care. ..
- STICH Trial-Echocardiographic Core LaboratoryJae Oh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Echo testing will also addresss secondary aims of the trial regarding the outcome of patients with ischemic heart failure after MED, or CABG with or without SVR . ..
- Assessment of Muscle Vascular Disease with Diffuse LightGuoqiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed, noninvasive, portable, and inexpensive optical technology may fill in this gap by providing multiple hemodynamic information and by enabling continuous measurements at the bed-side and in ambulatory care. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Inflammation in AtherosclerosisJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should provide the basis for the application of molecular imaging in atherosclerosis to improve patient care through early detection and optimization of management. ..
- Mechanisms of Stroke in Intracranial Stenosis and Stenting(MoSISS)Jose G Romano; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this proposal is to understand the causes of stroke in those with narrowed brain arteries and stented brain arteries through the use of non-invasive imaging tests such as ultrasound and MRI. ..
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Implementation Science to Increase Use of Evidence Based Pediatric Brain Injury GMONICA SHANTA VAVILALA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use implementation science methods, such as value stream maps and iterative computer simulation, to develop and disseminate a best practices blueprint that increases adherence to the Pediatric Guidelines. ..
- Imaging and Treating Inflammation in Stroke by Targeting MyeloperoxidaseJohn W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of Disability in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will be used to develop interventions designed to improve lower extremity functioning and prevent functional decline in persons with PAD. ..
- Cardiac Output for Children's ICUNikolai Krivitski; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Doppler characterization of embryonic mouse circulationColin Phoon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 3D-CE-MRA with High-Resoluton Extended AcquisitionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intra-operative X-ray angiography will be used for validation of the patient MRA studies The proposed techniques have similar potential in other areas of MRA. ..
- Ultrafast Z-Scan X-ray Volume CTCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will focus on the latter two applications and, based on the proposed studies, will develop a design for an optimized scanner based on the Z-Scan principle. ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION CONTRAST ENHANCED MR ANGIOGRAPHYCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2001..The optimized techniques will be clinically evaluated in the carotid arteries, lungs and abdomen. Successful completion of this work will place CE-MRA as a stronger competitor to the more invasive X-ray DSA technique. ..
- HighlY constrained backPRojection (HYPR) for Ultrafast Undersampled MRICharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses on the evaluation of cerebral AVMs using PR HYPR TRICKS and HYPR VIPR and the measurement of pressure gradients across stenotic carotid arteries. ..