Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonography applying the Doppler effect, with frequency-shifted ultrasound reflections produced by moving targets (usually red blood cells) in the bloodstream along the ultrasound axis in direct proportion to the velocity of movement of the targets, to determine both direction and velocity of blood flow. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Doppler-derived umbilical artery absolute velocities and their relationship to fetoplacental volume blood flow: a longitudinal studyG Acharya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:444-53. 2005....
- Assessment of inflammatory activity in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative study of clinical evaluation with grey scale and power Doppler ultrasonographyE Naredo
Department of Rhumatology, Hospital de la Princeca, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 64:375-81. 2005..To compare the clinical assessment of overall inflammatory activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with grey scale and power Doppler (PD) ultrasonography (US)...
- Ultrasonography and Doppler ultrasonography in the evaluation of intraosseous lesions of the jawsA P Sumer
Ondokuzmayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:23-7. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of ultrasonography and colour and power Doppler ultrasonography for diagnosis of intraosseous lesions of the jaws and to correlate the contents of the lesion with the histological findings.
- Carotid artery stenosis: gray-scale and Doppler US diagnosis--Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Consensus ConferenceEdward G Grant
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, USC University Hospital, 1500 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Radiology 229:340-6. 2003..The panel also considered various technical aspects of carotid US and methods for quality assessment and identified several important unanswered questions meriting future research...
- Cardiac output estimation with a new Doppler device after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryRajesh Chand
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:315-9. 2006....
- Power Doppler ultrasonography for assessment of synovitis in the metacarpophalangeal joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with dynamic magnetic resonance imagingM Szkudlarek
The Danish Research Center of Magnetic Resonance, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 44:2018-23. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the effectiveness of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for assessing inflammatory activity in the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), using dynamic magnetic resonance ..
- Prediction and prevention of recurrent preeclampsiaJohn R Barton
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:359-72. 2008..The development of severe gestational hypertension, fetal growth restriction, or recurrent preeclampsia requires maternal hospitalization...
- Noninvasive Doppler ultrasonography for assessing cardiac function: can it replace the Swan-Ganz catheter?Saurabh Jain
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, 8215 NT, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Surg 196:961-7; discussion 967-8. 2008..Cardiac function, including cardiac index (CI), traditionally has been measured by a pulmonary artery catheter (PAC). A noninvasive alternative for measuring cardiac function would offer obvious advantages...
- [Doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of ovarian cysts: indications, pertinence and diagnostic criteria]H Marret
Département de gynécologie, Obstétrique, Medecine Foetale et Reproduction Humaine, Hopital Bretonneau, 37044 Tours
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 30:S20-33. 2001..Secondly, after control if necessary, he can propose the patient for appropriate surgical treatment...
- Validity, reproducibility, and responsiveness of a twelve-joint simplified power doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritisEsperanza Naredo
Hospital Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 59:515-22. 2008....
- Assessment of enthesitis in ankylosing spondylitis by power Doppler ultrasonographyAdem Kiris
Department of Radiology, Firat University, Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Skeletal Radiol 35:522-8. 2006To evaluate the relationship between power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) assessment and clinical variables including enthesitis index, pain threshold and disease activity parameters, and to document grey-scale US findings of the 13 ..
- Automated oscillometric determination of the ankle-brachial index provides accuracy necessary for office practiceJoshua A Beckman
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hypertension 47:35-8. 2006..Our findings show automated oscillometry to be a reliable and easier method of ABI measurement, lowering the barrier to incorporation of this diagnostic test into clinical practice...
- Clinical evaluation of USCOM ultrasonic cardiac output monitor in cardiac surgical patients in intensive care unitH L Tan
Department of Intensive Care, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Pharmacology Unit, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Br J Anaesth 94:287-91. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the USCOM device compared with the thermodilution technique in intensive care patients who had just undergone cardiac surgery...
- Hepatic flow parameters measured with MR imaging and Doppler US: correlations with degree of cirrhosis and portal hypertensionLaurence Annet
Department of Radiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc University Hospital, Avenue Hippocrate 10, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 229:409-14. 2003To determine the correlations between hemodynamic parameters of hepatic flow measured with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and Doppler ultrasonography (US) and the severity of cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
- Assessment of the hepatic arterial and portal venous blood flows during pregnancy with Doppler ultrasonographyA Nakai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 266:25-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the dual hepatic blood supply is altered in healthy pregnant women compared with that in nonpregnant women...
- Peripheral arterial disease detection, awareness, and treatment in primary careA T Hirsch
Vascular Medicine Program, Minnesota Vascular Diseases Center, Mayo Mail Code 508, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware St, SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
JAMA 286:1317-24. 2001..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is a manifestation of systemic atherosclerosis that is common and is associated with an increased risk of death and ischemic events, yet may be underdiagnosed in primary care practice...
- Passive leg raising predicts fluid responsiveness in the critically illXavier Monnet
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 11, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care Med 34:1402-7. 2006..We hypothesized that the hemodynamic response to PLR predicts fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients...
- Power Doppler ultrasonography and synovitis: correlating ultrasound imaging with histopathological findings and evaluating the performance of ultrasound equipmentsJ M Koski
Department of Internal Medicine, Mikkeli Central Hospital, Porrassalmenkatu 35 37, 50100 Mikkeli, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1590-5. 2006..To examine the validity of power Doppler ultrasound imaging to identify synovitis, using histopathology as gold standard, and to assess the performance of ultrasound equipments...
- Doppler ultrasonography of the vertebrobasilar circulation in patients with sudden sensorineural hearing lossMarko Grgic
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice, Zagreb, Croatia
J Otolaryngol 34:51-9. 2005..The etiology of sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL) is still unclear and is most probably diverse...
- Diagnostic performance of gray-scale versus combined gray-scale with colour doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of malignancy in thyroid nodulesWarinthorn Phuttharak
Department of Radiology, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:759-64. 2009..To compare diagnostic performance of gray-scale ultrasound and combined gray-scale ultrasound with color Doppler ultrasound in predicting malignancy of thyroid nodules by using tissue diagnosis as the reference standard...
- Assessing the intra- and inter-reader reliability of dynamic ultrasound images in power Doppler ultrasonographyJ M Koski
Department of Internal Medicine, Mikkeli Central Hospital, Mikkeli, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1658-60. 2006..To assess the intra-reader and inter-reader reliabilities of interpreting ultrasonography by several experts using video clips...
- Crohn disease activity evaluated by Doppler ultrasonography of the superior mesenteric artery and the affected small-bowel segmentsEnsar Yekeler
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 24:59-65. 2005To reveal the disease activity in Crohn disease by gray scale and Doppler ultrasonography of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) and the affected bowel segments.
- Early graft hemodynamics in living related liver transplantation evaluated by Doppler ultrasonographyShigeo Nakanishi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:265-9. 2004..artery, portal vein, and hepatic vein of the grafts during and until 7 days after surgery were studied by Doppler ultrasonography. The maximum flow velocity of the hepatic artery, mean portal blood flow velocity, and pulsatility index (..
- Correlation of power Doppler sonography with vascularity of the synovial tissue of the knee joint in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisM Walther
University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 44:331-8. 2001..01). CONCLUSION: In the present study, PDS proved to be a reliable diagnostic method for qualitative grading of the vascularity of the synovial tissue. In clinical practice, PDS allows further differentiation of the hypertrophic synovium...
- Evaluation of blood flow in pancreatic ductal carcinoma using contrast-enhanced, wide-band Doppler ultrasonography: correlation with tumor characteristics and vascular endothelial growth factorTadashi Ohshima
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Pancreas 28:335-43. 2004..We investigated the relationship among wide-band Doppler signals, clinicopathological factors, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression...
- Effect of protocol Doppler ultrasonography and urgent revascularization on early hepatic artery thrombosis after pediatric liver transplantationSeigo Nishida
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Arch Surg 137:1279-83. 2002Protocol Doppler ultrasonography of the liver (DUSL) is useful for detecting early hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT)...
- Fetal cardiac stroke volume determination by four-dimensional ultrasound with spatio-temporal image correlation compared with two-dimensional and Doppler ultrasonographyGiuseppe Rizzo
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Prenat Diagn 27:1147-50. 2007..To assess the agreement of stroke volume (SV) measured with two-dimensional (2D) ultrasonography with Doppler capability (vs) four-dimensional (4D) with spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC) in normal and growth restricted fetuses...
- Predictive role of duplex Doppler ultrasonography in the diagnosis of acute renal obstruction in patients with unilateral renal colicA Granata
1Departments of Nephrology Dialysis, Internal Medicine and Radiology, Vittorio Emanuele Ferrarollo Hospital, Catania
Clin Nephrol 71:680-6. 2009The aim of our study was to assess the role of Doppler ultrasonography (DU) by resistive index (RI) and the difference of the RI (DeltaRI) in patients with acute unilateral renal obstruction.
- Value of duplex Doppler ultrasonography in renal colicPetrisor Geavlete
Department of Urology, Saint John Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Eur Urol 41:71-8. 2002The aim of our study was to determine the value of duplex Doppler ultrasonography (DDU) in the patients' evolution with renal colic...
- Quantitative analysis of placental vasculature by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasonography in normal pregnancies from 12 to 40 weeks of gestationC F S de Paula
Obstetrics Department, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Placenta 30:142-8. 2009..05). All placental vascular indices estimated by 3D-power Doppler ultrasonography presented constant distribution throughout gestation, despite the increase in placental volume according ..
- Doppler ultrasonography-aided early diagnosis of venous thromboembolism after total knee arthroplastyH Kume
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:664-8. 2010..To assess the ability of transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasound apparatus to detect venous emboli in patients who had undergone total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Doppler ultrasonography reveals adult-worm nests in the lymph vessels of children with brugian filariasisR K Shenoy
Filariasis Chemotherapy Unit, T D Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha 688011, Kerala, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 101:173-80. 2007..The importance of these findings in the management and control of lymphatic filariasis is discussed...
- Established rheumatoid arthritis - new imaging modalitiesFiona M McQueen
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:841-56. 2007..Bioluminescence and fluorescence reflectance imaging are other approaches that allow imaging, and potentially the delivery of therapeutic agents, at a molecular level...
- Doppler ultrasonography of the uterine artery and the response to chemotherapy in patients with gestational trophoblastic tumorsRoshan Agarwal
Department of Health Gestational Trophoblastic Disease Unit, Charing Cross Hospital Campus, Imperial College, London W6 8RF, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 8:1142-7. 2002..To assess neoangiogenesis in vivo, we have used Doppler ultrasonography (US) to measure the uterine artery pulsatility index (UAPI) in patients with gestational trophoblastic ..
- Renal arterial resistance in septic shock: effects of increasing mean arterial pressure with norepinephrine on the renal resistive index assessed with Doppler ultrasonographyStéphane Deruddre
Universite Paris XI, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Bicetre, AP HP, 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Intensive Care Med 33:1557-62. 2007To determine the effects of increasing mean arterial pressure (MAP) on renal resistances assessed by Doppler ultrasonography in septic shock.
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of joint involvement in early rheumatoid arthritis in clinical remission: power Doppler signal predicts short-term relapseCarlo A Scirè
Division of Rheumatology, Early Arthritis Clinic, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1092-7. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate the usefulness of a systematic musculoskeletal ultrasonographic (US) assessment in the detection of residual disease activity in patients with early RA who achieved clinical remission...
- Practice management guidelines for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in trauma patients: the EAST practice management guidelines work groupFrederick B Rogers
University of Vermont, Department of Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
J Trauma 53:142-64. 2002
- Multi-centre clinical study evaluating the efficacy of SonoVue (BR1), a new ultrasound contrast agent in Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesionsE Leen
Radiology Department, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Eur J Radiol 41:200-6. 2002..SonoVue is a new ultrasound contrast agent, which consists of stabilised microbubbles of a sulphur hexafluoride gas. The aim of the study was to assess its efficacy in the Doppler investigation of focal hepatic lesions...
- How to evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography for assessing enthesitis in spondylarthritisMaria Antonietta d'Agostino
Universite de Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Boulogne Billancourt, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 61:61-9. 2009To evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for detecting and scoring enthesitis in patients with spondylarthitis, using a 3-step procedure.
- Comparison of Doppler ultrasonography and the hepatic venous pressure gradient in assessing portal hypertension in liver cirrhosisYeun Jong Choi
Departments of Internal Medicine, Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:424-9. 2003This prospective study aimed to determine whether Doppler ultrasonography can represent the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) as an assessment of the severity of portal hypertension and the response to terlipressin, which reduces ..
- Doppler ultrasonography and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of synovitis in the hand and wrist of patients with rheumatoid arthritisCatherine Cyteval
University of Montpellier I, Department of Radiology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 13:66-73. 2009..b>Doppler ultrasonography (DUS), using the amount of color pixels in the region of interest, and dynamic magnetic resonance imaging ..
- Monitoring of motor evoked potentials compared with somatosensory evoked potentials and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography in cerebral aneurysm surgeryGeorg Neuloh
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurochirurgie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Neurosurg 100:389-99. 2004..efficiency of motor evoked potentials (MEPs), somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEPs), and microvascular Doppler ultrasonography (MDU) in the detection of impending motor impairment from subcortical ischemia in aneurysm surgery; to ..
- Detection of tumor-associated neoangiogenesis by Doppler ultrasonography during early-stage ovarian cancer in laying hens: a preclinical model of human spontaneous ovarian cancerAnimesh Barua
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University Medical Center, 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60612 USA
J Ultrasound Med 29:173-82. 2010..Because it is difficult to identify patients with early-stage OVCA, the goal of this study was to explore a spontaneous animal model of in vivo ovarian TAN associated with early-stage OVCA detectable by Doppler ultrasonography (DUS).
- The evaluation of endometrial tumors by transvaginal and Doppler ultrasonographyMine Kanat-Pektas
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:495-9. 2008..The purpose of this study is to investigate the relation between uterine histopathologic alterations and sonographic findings in women diagnosed with endometrial cancer...
- Power Doppler sonography in the assessment of synovial tissue of the knee joint in rheumatoid arthritis: a preliminary experienceM Carotti
Department of Radiology, University of Ancona, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 61:877-82. 2002..vascularisation of the synovial pannus in the knee of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with power Doppler ultrasonography (PDS) and an echo contrast agent and correlate the area under the time-intensity curves with the clinical ..
- Hemodynamic features of Doppler ultrasonography in patients with portal hypertension: intraoperative direct measurement of portal pressure in the portal venous systemLi Zhang
Department of Ultrasound Diagnosis, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xin Si Road, Ba Qiao District, 710038 Xi an, China
J Ultrasound Med 26:1689-96. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between a series of portal hemodynamic parameters obtained with Doppler ultrasonography and portal pressure measured directly from patients with portal hypertension (PHT).
- Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysisJeltsje S Cnossen
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CMAJ 178:701-11. 2008..We investigated the predictive accuracy of all uterine artery Doppler indices for both conditions in the first and second trimesters...
- Spectral waveform analysis of major arteries in conscious dogs by Doppler ultrasonographyKichang Lee
Veterinary Radiology Department, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Korea
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:166-71. 2004..flow velocity and waveforms in major arteries of 10 healthy conscious Beagle dogs were determined using Doppler ultrasonography. Peak systolic, early diastolic, and end-diastolic velocities of the basilar artery, common carotid ..
- Use of Doppler ultrasonography to predict the outcome of therapy for renal-artery stenosisJ Radermacher
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
N Engl J Med 344:410-7. 2001..We evaluated whether a high level of resistance to flow in the segmental arteries of both kidneys (indicated by resistance-index values of at least 80) can be used prospectively to select appropriate patients for treatment...
- Intra-tumor flow index can predict the malignant potential of breast tumor: dependent on age and volumeYi Hsuan Hsiao
Institute of Medical Research, Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan Department of Medical Education and Research, Division of Clinical Breast Cancer Research and Cancer Biology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:88-95. 2008....
- The value of power Doppler ultrasonography in Achilles tendinopathy: a prospective studyRobert Jan de Vos
The Hague Medical Centre Antoniushove, Sports Medicine Department, PO Box 411, Burgemeester Banninglaan 1, 2260 AK Leidschendam, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 35:1696-701. 2007Neovascularization, detected with power Doppler ultrasonography (PDU), is thought by some to play a central role in pathogenesis of Achilles tendinopathy.
- Deep vein thrombosis after elective cesarean sectionAnne Flem Jacobsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
Thromb Res 113:283-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the frequency of symptomatic and asymptomatic deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in a low risk cesarean section population...
- The role of endometrial and subendometrial vascularity measured by three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound in the prediction of pregnancy during frozen-thawed embryo transfer cyclesErnest Hung Yu Ng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Reprod 21:1612-7. 2006..A good blood supply to the endometrium is usually considered as an essential requirement for implantation...
- Pediatric applications of abdominal vascular Doppler: Part IIBrian D Coley
Department of Radiology, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Dr, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:772-86. 2004..In part II, the application of Doppler in renal disease and in conditions affecting the deep abdominal vessels are discussed. The role of ultrasound contrast agents in pediatric Doppler imaging is briefly reviewed...
- Doppler and biophysical assessment in growth restricted fetuses: distribution of test resultsA A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201 1703, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:41-7. 2006Multi-vessel Doppler ultrasonography and biophysical profile scoring (BPS) are used in the surveillance of growth restricted fetuses (IUGR). The interpretation of both tests performed concurrently may be complex...
- Cerebral blood flow measurements of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries with Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adultsBurhan Yazici
Department of Radiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University Faculty of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 11:195-8. 2005To establish normal cerebral blood flow volume by measuring flow volume of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries using Doppler ultrasonography in healthy adults.
- Quantitative estimation of renal blood flow by power Doppler ultrasonography in renovascular hypertensive dogsTetsumasa Miyajima
Department of Urology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Kidney Int 68:2781-6. 2005..We estimated the value of power Doppler (PD) imaging analysis for the quantitative assessment of renal cortical blood flow (RCBF) in chronic two-kidney, one-clip (2K-1C) hypertensive dogs...
- Best reproducibility of the ankle-arm index was calculated using Doppler and dividing highest ankle pressure by highest arm pressureFemke Atsma
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1282-8. 2005..To investigate which method of ankle-arm index (AAI) measurement in terms of selected arteries and blood pressure devices yields the highest reproducibility...
- Evaluation of endometrial receptivity during in-vitro fertilization using three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasoundI Y Järvelä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:765-9. 2005..To compare sonographic endometrial characteristics in in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles between women who conceive and those who do not...
- Interobserver reliability of neovascularization score using power Doppler ultrasonography in midportion achilles tendinopathyPieter M Sengkerij
Hague Medical Centre, Leidschendam 2260 AK, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 37:1627-31. 2009Power Doppler ultrasonography is widely used to examine neovascularization in midportion Achilles tendinopathy. The reliability of the grading of the degree of neovascularization has not been examined previously.
- Quantitative assessment of synovial vascularity using contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography: correlation with histologic findings and mr imaging findings in arthritic rabbit knee modelSang Hoon Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:45-53. 2008To validate contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (PD US) for the evaluation of synovial vascularity in an arthritic rabbit knee model in correlation with MR and histological findings.
- Follow-up of extracranial vertebral artery stents with Doppler sonographyFatih Kantarci
Department of Radiology, Division of Ultrasonography, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Kocamustafapasa 34300, Istanbul, Turkey
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:779-87. 2006..The V2 segment Doppler sonography measurements may guide future examinations and provide essential information regarding the proximally deployed stent...
- Correlation of power Doppler with microvessel density in assessing prostate needle biopsyN M Wilson
Department of Radiology, Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Radiol 59:946-50. 2004To correlate hypervascular power Doppler ultrasonography with the histological evaluation of microvasculature in the prostate using trans-rectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided needle biopsy.
- The sonographic search for portosystemic shuntsMarc André D'Anjou
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 22:104-14. 2007..Several sonographic features are observed with the different types of congenital and acquired PSS. A systematic, stepwise approach is described to facilitate ultrasound diagnosis of PSS in small animals...
- Feeding growth restricted preterm infants with abnormal antenatal Doppler resultsJ Dorling
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F359-63. 2005..Trials are required to determine the optimum timing for introduction of enteral feeds in growth restricted infants with fetal AREDF...
- Current management of transplant renal artery stenosis: clinical utility of duplex Doppler ultrasonographyMahesh C Goel
Glickman Urological Institute, Division of Renal Transplant, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 66:59-64. 2005To perform a retrospective study to determine the clinical utility of Doppler ultrasonography (DUS) and to determine its role in the management of transplant renal artery stenosis (TRAS).
- Screening for pre-eclampsia: the quest for the Holy Grail?Francois Audibert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Lancet 365:1367-9. 2005
- Solid breast masses: neural network analysis of vascular features at three-dimensional power Doppler US for benign or malignant classificationRuey Feng Chang
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Radiology 243:56-62. 2007..the accuracy of neural network analysis of tumor vascular features at three-dimensional (3D) power Doppler ultrasonography (US) for classification of breast tumors as benign or malignant, with histologic findings as the ..
- Interobserver agreement in ultrasonography of the finger and toe joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:955-62. 2003..To evaluate the interobserver agreement of ultrasonographic assessment of finger and toe joints in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by 2 investigators with different medical backgrounds...
- Comparison of activin A and cell-free fetal DNA levels in maternal plasma from patients at high risk for preeclampsiaClaude Henri Diesch
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine and Gynaecological Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Prenat Diagn 26:1267-70. 2006..We examined the concentration of activin A in a prospective manner before the clinical manifestation of preeclampsia and compared the data with those of cell-free fetal DNA in the maternal plasma...
- Contrast enhanced color Doppler endorectal sonography of prostate: efficiency for detecting peripheral zone tumors and role for biopsy procedureCatherine Roy
Department of Radiology B, University Hospital of Strasbourg Hôpital Civil, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Urol 170:69-72. 2003..We evaluated the accuracy of contrast enhanced color Doppler endorectal ultrasound to guide biopsy for the detection of prostate cancer...
- Evaluation of renal artery stenosis with velocity parameters of Doppler sonographyJian Chu Li
Department of Ultrasonography, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Wangfujing, Beijing 100730, China
J Ultrasound Med 25:735-42; quiz 743-4. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of velocity parameters for the diagnosis of renal artery stenosis (RAS) with color Doppler sonography and to determine the optimal threshold values for these parameters...
- Value of contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (US) of the metacarpophalangeal joints on rheumatoid arthritisAndrea Klauser
Eur Radiol 14:545-6; author reply 547-8. 2004
- The value of dynamic contrast enhanced power Doppler ultrasound imaging in the localization of prostate cancerTjerk E B Goossen
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 43:124-31. 2003..The objective of this study is to define enhancement characteristics that correlate to the presence of prostate cancer (PCa) and to evaluate the value of these characteristics in the localization of prostate cancer...
- Contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography of the metacarpophalangeal joints in rheumatoid arthritisMarcin Szkudlarek
Department of Rheumatology, University of Copenhagen Hvidovre Hospital, Kettegard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur Radiol 13:163-8. 2003..study was to examine, with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI as the reference, if contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasonography (CE PDUS) of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joints provides additional information ..
- Doppler sonography in renal artery stenosis. An evaluation of intrarenal and extrarenal imaging parametersIsik Conkbayir
SSK Ankara Eğitim Hastanesi Social Security Ankara Hospital, Department of Radiology, TR 06110, Diskapi, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 27:256-60. 2003..0 with a sensitivity and specificity at 92% and 88%, respectively...
- Inter-observer agreement of standard joint counts in early rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with grey scale ultrasonography--a preliminary studyF Salaffi
Department of Rheumatology, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:54-8. 2008..The aims of the present study were to assess the inter-observer agreement of standard joint count and to compare clinical examination with grey scale ultrasonography (US) findings in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The use of fetal Doppler in obstetricsRobert Gagnon
Council of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:601-14; quiz 615-6. 2003..To develop national guidelines on the use of fetal Doppler in obstetrics...
- Effects of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel, TNRF:Fc) on rheumatoid arthritis evaluated by Doppler ultrasonographyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 62:178-81. 2003..of treatment with etanercept (Enbrel) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using colour Doppler and spectral Doppler ultrasonography to determine the possible changes in synovial perfusion during a one year observation period.
- Prediction of clinical response after renal angioplasty: respective value of renal Doppler sonography and scintigraphyGilles Soulez
Department of Radiology, CHUM Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street E, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1029-35. 2003..The patients were evaluated for the status of hypertension 3 months after the procedure. The predictive values of the findings of clinical examination, Doppler sonography, renal scintigraphy, and angiography were assessed...
- Doppler ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging of synovial inflammation of the hand in rheumatoid arthritis: a comparative studyL Terslev
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 48:2434-41. 2003....
- Laparoscopic Doppler technology: applications in laparoscopic pyeloplasty and radical and partial nephrectomyElias S Hyams
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Urology 71:952-6. 2008..However, it has not been formally described for use in laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, or pyeloplasty. We report our initial experience with Doppler technology in 20 patients undergoing these procedures...
- Second-trimester uterine artery Doppler pulsatility index and maternal serum PP13 as markers of pre-eclampsiaKevin Spencer
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Harold Wood Hospital, Romford, UK
Prenat Diagn 27:258-63. 2007....
- Abnormal Doppler flow velocimetry in the growth restricted foetus as a predictor for necrotising enterocolitisA B Bhatt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Postgrad Med 48:182-5; discussion 185. 2002..Necrotising Enterocolitis (NEC) results from continued exposure to hostile environment and is an important cause of poor neonatal outcome...
- Doppler sonography of portal hypertensionKathryn A Robinson
Fellow University of Chicago, USA
Ultrasound Q 25:3-13. 2009..Using all of these clues, it is possible to diagnose portal hypertension with a high degree of sensitivity and specificity in most patients...
- The association of the ankle-brachial index with incident coronary heart disease: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study, 1987-2001Beth D Weatherley
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, P, O, Box 17969, Durham, NC 27715, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 7:3. 2007....
- The relation of increased uterine artery blood flow resistance and impaired trophoblast invasion in pre-eclamptic pregnanciesKadir Guzin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SSK Goztepe Educational Hospital, Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:283-8. 2005..To assess the association between histopathologically confirmed vascular abnormalities developed during pre-eclampsia and abnormal arterial blood flows recorded during Doppler sonographies...
- Non-invasive tests to predict fetal anemia in Kell-alloimmunized pregnanciesH van Dongen
Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy Unit, Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:341-5. 2005..To compare test characteristics of ultrasound and Doppler parameters in the prediction of fetal anemia in Kell-alloimmunized pregnancies...
- Maternal cardiac function and uterine artery Doppler at 11-14 weeks in the prediction of pre-eclampsia in nulliparous womenA Khaw
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, Golden Jubilee Wing Suite 9, King s College Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 115:369-76. 2008..To assess maternal cardiac function in nulliparous women in the first trimester of pregnancy and evaluate its potential role for predicting pre-eclampsia and small for gestational age (SGA)...
- Prediction of fetal anemia by Doppler of the middle cerebral artery and descending thoracic aortaDavid Pares
Fetal Medicine Unit, Obstetrics Department, São Paulo Federal University Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:27-31. 2008..This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of MCA-PSV associated with DTA-MV in the prediction of fetal anemia...
- Reference ranges for serial measurements of blood velocity and pulsatility index at the intra-abdominal portion, and fetal and placental ends of the umbilical arteryG Acharya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:162-9. 2005..To construct reference ranges for serial measurements of umbilical artery (UA) blood flow velocity and pulsatility index (PI) at standardized insonation sites during the second half of pregnancy...
- Determinants of the middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity in the human fetusAmy H Picklesimer
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:526.e1-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify physiologic determinants of the peak systolic blood flow velocity (PSV) of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) in the human fetus...
- Acceleration time in the fetal middle cerebral artery during the second half of pregnancyAntonio Gadelha Da Costa
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:317-20. 2005..05). The ATMCA values for normal fetuses could be compared with those obtained during high-risk pregnancies; this would be useful for the detection of fetal cardiac anomalies...
- Prediction of fetal anemia in pregnancies with red-cell alloimmunization: comparison of middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity and amniotic fluid OD450R Bullock
Division of Reproductive and Child Health, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:331-4. 2005....
- Standardization of power Doppler quantification of blood flow in the human fetus using the aorta and inferior vena cavaA W Welsh
Department of Obstetrics, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:33-43. 2005..This study aimed to test the applicability to the fetus of mathematical techniques developed to standardize power Doppler indices of adult regional perfusion...
- Uterine artery Doppler velocimetry for the detection of adverse obstetric outcomes in patients with elevated mid-trimester beta-human chorionic gonadotrophinAndrea Barkehall-Thomas
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Monash University Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:743-7. 2005....
- [Possible use of Doppler velocimetry in the detection of discordant growth of twins]I Musilova
Porodnická a gynekologická klinika LF UK a FN Hradec Králové
Ceska Gynekol 72:175-80. 2007..To evaluate the clinical utility of Doppler velocimetry as a comprehensive test for the prediction of discordant twins...
- Cognitive function in young adults following intrauterine growth restriction with abnormal fetal aortic blood flowE Tideman
Department of Psychology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:614-8. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the influence of IUGR with abnormal fetal blood flow on cognitive function and psychological development in young adults...
- Experimental validation of uterine artery volume blood flow measurement by Doppler ultrasonography in pregnant sheepG Acharya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine University of Tromsø and University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:401-6. 2007..To test the hypothesis that Doppler-derived (calculated) uterine artery volume blood flow (cQ(UtA)) reflects accurately volume blood flow measured directly (mQ(UtA)) in an experimental setting...
- Antenatal umbilical coiling index and Doppler flow characteristicsM Predanic
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:699-703. 2006..To evaluate whether a relationship exists between the antenatal umbilical coiling index (UCI) and umbilical cord Doppler flow characteristics...
- [Doppler velocimetry in patients with preeclampsia]S Ivanov
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 45:3-9. 2006..A correlation between RI of umbilical artery, uterine arteries and Apgar score at 5th minute was demonstrated. In severe cases correlation between RI of umbilical artery and neonatal pH was found...
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cerebral blood flow velocity (CBFv) will be estimated by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography. Thoracic, splanchnic, and pelvic vascular volumes will be measured by impedance plethysmography, and ..
- Phase Contrast Imaging using Isotropic ProjectionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to develop and optimize the proposed methods and to test their feasibility using simulations, phantoms, and a series of studies using volunteers and patients. ..
- CEREBROVASCULAR RESERVE BY XE/CT VERSUS TCD AND OXIMETRYRonda Pindzola; Fiscal Year: 2003..studies have shown that hemodynamic compromise and high risk for stroke can be identified by transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) and stable Xenon-enhanced computed tomography (Xe/CT) cerebral blood flow (CBF) measurements...
- STUDIES ON ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HEART FAILUREStuart Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..with a battery of tests for physiological testing of flow-mediated nitric oxide-induced vasodilation (Doppler ultrasonography and venous occlusion plethysmography) and determination of nitric oxide metabolism (isotope tracer ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Quantitative Subharmonic Breast ImagingFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pathogenesis and Pathophysiological Mechanisms of Myofascial Trigger PointsSiddhartha Sikdar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our approach would also be broadly applicable to elucidating the underlying mechanisms in other chronic musculoskeletal pain disorders, such low back pain. ..
- Mitochondriopathy of Chronically Ischemic MuscleIraklis Pipinos; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3: Correlate mitochondrial dysfunction with muscle contractile properties. Aim 4: Correlate mitochondrial dysfunction with oxidative damage in the ischemic skeletal muscle. ..
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of this study will lead to an alternative method for intra-operative sentinel node localization that may obviate many of the limitations of current techniques. ..
- Contrast Ultrasound Assessment of Microvascular Function in Insulin Resistant NonJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will be vital not only for understanding the pathophysiology of diabetes, but will also be important for establishing a method to test new treatment strategies or diagnostic strategies for early diabetic risk profiling. ..
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolytic Therapy: Deep ThrombosisANEEL ASHRANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Muscle Vascular Disease with Diffuse LightGuoqiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed, non- invasive, portable, and inexpensive optical technology may fill in this gap by providing multiple hemodynamic information and by enabling continuous measurements at the bed-side and in.ambulatory care. ..
- STICH Trial-Echocardiographic Core LaboratoryJae Oh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Echo testing will also addresss secondary aims of the trial regarding the outcome of patients with ischemic heart failure after MED, or CABG with or without SVR . ..
- Assessment of Muscle Vascular Disease with Diffuse LightGuoqiang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed, noninvasive, portable, and inexpensive optical technology may fill in this gap by providing multiple hemodynamic information and by enabling continuous measurements at the bed-side and in ambulatory care. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Inflammation in AtherosclerosisJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should provide the basis for the application of molecular imaging in atherosclerosis to improve patient care through early detection and optimization of management. ..
- Mechanisms of Stroke in Intracranial Stenosis and Stenting(MoSISS)Jose G Romano; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this proposal is to understand the causes of stroke in those with narrowed brain arteries and stented brain arteries through the use of non-invasive imaging tests such as ultrasound and MRI. ..
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Implementation Science to Increase Use of Evidence Based Pediatric Brain Injury GMONICA SHANTA VAVILALA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use implementation science methods, such as value stream maps and iterative computer simulation, to develop and disseminate a best practices blueprint that increases adherence to the Pediatric Guidelines. ..
- Imaging and Treating Inflammation in Stroke by Targeting MyeloperoxidaseJohn W Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of Disability in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will be used to develop interventions designed to improve lower extremity functioning and prevent functional decline in persons with PAD. ..
- Cardiac Output for Children's ICUNikolai Krivitski; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Doppler characterization of embryonic mouse circulationColin Phoon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 3D-CE-MRA with High-Resoluton Extended AcquisitionCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intra-operative X-ray angiography will be used for validation of the patient MRA studies The proposed techniques have similar potential in other areas of MRA. ..
- Ultrafast Z-Scan X-ray Volume CTCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will focus on the latter two applications and, based on the proposed studies, will develop a design for an optimized scanner based on the Z-Scan principle. ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION CONTRAST ENHANCED MR ANGIOGRAPHYCharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2001..The optimized techniques will be clinically evaluated in the carotid arteries, lungs and abdomen. Successful completion of this work will place CE-MRA as a stronger competitor to the more invasive X-ray DSA technique. ..
- HighlY constrained backPRojection (HYPR) for Ultrafast Undersampled MRICharles Mistretta; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal focuses on the evaluation of cerebral AVMs using PR HYPR TRICKS and HYPR VIPR and the measurement of pressure gradients across stenotic carotid arteries. ..