Summary: The observation of successive phases of MOVEMENT by use of a flashing light.
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- The feasibility of rigid stroboscopy in childrenMichael Wolf
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:1077-9. 2005Voice disorders in children are common but ways of their analysis are limited. We conducted a prospective feasibility study of rigid stroboscopy in children.
- [The videostrobokymography in phoniatric practice]Agata Szkiełkowska
Instytut Fizjologii i Patologii Słuchu, Warszawa
Otolaryngol Pol 66:214-8. 2012..Thanks to videostrobokymography the vocal fold vibration from particular area of glottal chink, can be assessed in an objective way...
- Laryngoplasty with hyaluronic acid in patients with unilateral vocal fold paralysisRudolf Reiter
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Section of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Voice 26:785-91. 2012..Analysis of the optimal glottic width, effectiveness (long-term voice improvement as a consequence of longevity of Restylane), and safety of this new method was made...
- Factors associated with voice therapy outcomes in the treatment of presbyphoniaTed Mau
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Laryngoscope 120:1181-7. 2010..Age, vocal fold atrophy, glottic closure pattern, and the burden of medical problems are associated with voice therapy outcomes for presbyphonia...
- Clinical experience with collagen injection of the vocal fold: a study of 155 patientsMiwako Kimura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:67-75. 2008..This study evaluated the results of laryngeal collagen injection...
- Vocal fold augmentation with calcium hydroxylapatite: twelve-month reportClark A Rosen
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
Laryngoscope 119:1033-41. 2009..To evaluate the long-term effectiveness of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) vocal fold injection for patients with glottal insufficiency...
- Stroboscopy as a research instrument: development of a perceptual evaluation toolClark A Rosen
Department of Otolaryngology, The Eye and Ear Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Laryngoscope 115:423-8. 2005Laryngeal stroboscopy is arguably the most important clinical tool for the evaluation and treatment of patients with voice disorders...
- Comparison of high-speed digital imaging with stroboscopy for laryngeal imaging of glottal disordersRita Patel
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:413-24. 2008High-speed digital imaging (HSDI), unlike stroboscopy, is a frequency-independent visualization technique that provides detailed biomechanical assessment of vocal physiology due to increased temporal resolution...
- Bilateral sulcus vocalisRobert Eller
American Institute for Voice and Ear Research, Philadelphia, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 85:634. 2006
- Hemorrhage, varicosity, and cysts in a professional singerLibby J Smith
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Drexel University College of Medicine and Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 85:302. 2006
- Outcome of laryngeal manual therapy in four Dutch adults with persistent moderate-to-severe vocal hyperfunction: a pilot studyKristiane M Van Lierde
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
J Voice 18:467-74. 2004..The use of LMT in professional voice users with persistent moderate-to-severe muscle tension dysphonia, especially in some subjects who have not responded to traditional voice therapy, is supported by this pilot study...
- Electronic videoendoscopic laryngostroboscopyMasahiro Kawaida
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Metropolitan Ohtsuka Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 66:267-74. 2004..However, the system used was successfully connected to a laryngostroboscope. EVLS appears to be a powerful new tool for the diagnosis of dysphonia...
- Shortening of the front vibrating part of the vocal folds in phonationJ Pesak
Department of the Biophysics of the Medical Faculty, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Folia Phoniatr Logop 57:1-8. 2005....
- Lidocaine block of the recurrent laryngeal nerve in adductor spasmodic dysphonia: a multidimensional assessmentMarshall E Smith
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Laryngoscope 116:591-5. 2006..This investigation assessed the phonatory effects of RLN lidocaine block in ADSD to explore its potential as a diagnostic tool...
- Autologous transplantation of fascia into the vocal fold: long-term result of type-1 transplantation and the futureKoichi Tsunoda
Department of Artificial Organs, National Institute of Sensory Organs, 2 5 1 Higashigaoka, Meguroku, Tokyo 152 8902, Japan
Laryngoscope 115:1-10. 2005..We also review and report some complications that can be caused by ATFV. Finally, we discuss the ATFV technique as a contribution to the phonosurgery of the future...
- Polydimethylsiloxane particles for permanent injection laryngoplastyChristian Sittel
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:103-9. 2006..This study investigated morbidity and voice quality in patients treated for unilateral vocal fold paralysis by injection of PDMS particles...
- Preliminary results of a new temporary vocal fold injection materialTack Kyun Kwon
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Voice 19:668-73. 2005..The authors conclude that this new material is a good option for temporary vocal fold augmentation...
- Vocal fold polyp in a professional singerLibby J Smith
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University and Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 84:552. 2005
- Arytenoid cartilage dislocation: a 20-year experienceAdam D Rubin
Lakeshore Professional Voice Center, Lakeshore Ear, Nose, and Throat Center, St Clair Shores, MI, USA
J Voice 19:687-701. 2005..Familiarity with signs and symptoms of arytenoid cartilage dislocation and current treatment techniques improves the chances for optimal therapeutic results...
- Voice analysis of patients with diverse types of Reinke's edema and clinical use of electroglottographic measurementsJae Yol Lim
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Institute of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Acta Otolaryngol 126:62-9. 2006..Reinke's edema shows a variety of clinical patterns and differences in voice analysis depending on its type. Electroglottographic measurements help to objectively assess the severity of edema and voice quality before and after surgery...
- [Stroboscopic assessment of chronic laryngitis]J Gamboa
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Principe de Asturias, Alcala de Henares, Madrid
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 57:266-9. 2006..Therefore, an investigation was performed to relate the stroboscopic results with the anatomopathologic results of chronic laryngitis and glottic cancer...
- Laryngeal assessment in rheumatic disease patientsHugo Valter Lisboa Ramos
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, UNIFESP EPM
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 71:499-503. 2005..Scarce laryngeal involvement has been described in these patients and this study aims at investigating laryngeal alterations found in patients with rheumatic diseases...
- The prevalence and risk factors for occupational voice disorders in teachersM Sliwinska-Kowalska
Centre of Audiology and Phoniatrics, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Lodz, Poland
Folia Phoniatr Logop 58:85-101. 2006..The aim of the study was to assess the prevalence of voice problems in the general population of Polish teachers, and identify risk factors for developing voice pathology...
- Vocal fold masses and a varicosity in a professional singerLibby J Smith
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University and Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 85:15. 2006
- [Perceptual method and videostroboscopy in patients with vocal fold hypertrophy underwent microsurgery]Rafał Fira
Katedra i Oddział Kliniczny Laryngologii Sl AM w Zabrzu
Otolaryngol Pol 60:529-35. 2006..The second aim was to estimate the surgical treatment effectiveness depending on vocal fold hypertrophy extensiveness...
- [Voice exploratory methods into professional vocal singers]M D Cobzeanu
Clinica ORL 1, Facultatea de Medicina, Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:190-3. 2007..The modern methods microlaryngoscopy, stroboscopy, electroglottography are presented and comparatively evaluated with classic explorations, as direct and ..
- Sulcus vocalis: a reviewAntoine Giovanni
Laboratoire d AudioPhonologie Expérimentale et Clinique de l Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:337-44. 2007..Diagnosis may be difficult even with the help of stroboscopy and finally is sometimes done only under general anesthesia...
- Autologous grafts for treatment of vocal sulcus and atrophyJose Antonio Pinto
Nucleus of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:785-91. 2007..To obtain complete glottal closure, and evaluate improvement of vocal fold vibration amplitude and vocal quality in patients with sulcus vocalis...
- The treatment and results of voice therapy amongst professional classical singers with vocal fold nodulesSemyon I Chernobelsky
Department of Phoniatrics, Voice Research Laboratory of the State Opera and Ballet Theatre, and the Music College, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 32:178-84. 2007..It was concluded that physiologically correct singing leads only to a temporary disappearance of soft nodules and does not promote the resolution of hard nodules...
- [Diagnostics and therapy of dysphonia suitable for the ages and developmental stages of children and adolescents (part 2)]M Fuchs
Universitatsklinikum Leipzig AoR, Klinik und Poliklinik für HNO Heilkunde, Abteilung für Stimm, Sprach und Hörstörungen Phoniatrie und Audiologie
Laryngorhinootologie 87:86-91. 2008..When the appropriate indications are present, all of the therapeutic options currently available should be discussed...
- Ansa cervicalis-to-recurrent laryngeal nerve anastomosis for unilateral vocal fold paralysis: experience of a single institutionRobert R Lorenz
Head and Neck Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:40-5. 2008..We present all patients who have undergone ansa-RLN anastomosis for UVFP at our institution...
- Diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of laryngoscopic signs of reflux laryngitisRuta Pribuisiene
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 44:280-7. 2008..To assess the diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of the laryngoscopic signs of reflux laryngitis...
- Prospective trial of voice outcomes after thyroidectomy: evaluation of patient-reported and clinician-determined voice assessments in identifying postthyroidectomy dysphoniaAlexander Stojadinovic
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and the United States Military Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Surgery 143:732-42. 2008..Reliable voice grading systems to identify postoperative voice dysfunction by surgeons are needed...
- Re: prospective trial of voice outcomes after thyroidectomy: evaluation of patient-reported and clinician-determined voice assessments in identifying post-thyroidectomy dysphoniaSteven M Zeitels
Surgery 143:822-3. 2008
- Blood vessels of vocal folds: a videolaryngoscopic studyNoemi Grigoletto De Biase
Department of Speech Language Pathology, Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:720-4. 2008..To analyze and compare the incidence and visual characteristics of blood vessels on the superior surface of vocal folds with polyps, nodules, and minimal structural alterations (ie, sulci, cysts, and mucosal bridges)...
- Use of the buccal fat [corrected] pad for vocal cord augmentationEtsuyo Tamura
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Tokai University Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 128:219-24. 2008..We performed therapeutically successful intracordal injection of autologous fat harvested from the buccal fat pad...
- [The evaluation of voice and aerodynamic activity of larynx in patients with vocal cords atrophy]Bozena Kosztyła-Hojna
Katedra i Klinika Otolaryngologii AM w Białymstoku
Pol Merkur Lekarski 18:151-5. 2005..The evaluation of factors such as MFR, PQ, VVI showed coexistence of hypofunctional component in (phonation) in patients with the vocal folds atrophy which is important in therapy of this kind of dysphonia...
- Effects of vocal constitution and autonomic stress-related reactivity on vocal endurance in female student teachersBerit Schneider
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Phoniatrics Logopedics, Vienna University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Voice 20:242-50. 2006..Thus, the increase of fundamental frequency of voice has to be regarded as a consequence of vocal fatigue. A constitutionally weak voice seems to be a risk factor for developing a professional voice disorder...
- High-speed video analysis of the phonation onset, with an application to the diagnosis of functional dysphoniasT Braunschweig
University Hospital Jena, Department of Phoniatrics and Pediatric Audiology, Stoystr 3, 07743 Jena, Germany
Med Eng Phys 30:59-66. 2008..Due to the significant differences of these parameters between the pathological groups and normal voices, the presented method is a stable and objective tool for medical diagnosis...
- Results of ansa to recurrent laryngeal nerve reinnervationWalter T Lee
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:450-4. 2007..We sought to describe the results of ansa cervicalis to recurrent laryngeal nerve (ansa-RLN) reinnervation for unilateral vocal fold paralysis...
- Features of muscle tension dysphonia before and after correction of unilateral vocal cord paralysisWan Fu Su
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:123-7. 2007..We performed a retrospective, longitudinal study to compare the prevalence of hyperkinetic laryngeal features before and after successful correction in patients with unilateral vocal cord paralysis (UVCP)...
- [The "intra-cordal polyp": a clinical alternative to recognize?]B Coulombeau
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 127:349-52. 2006..It is characterized mainly by the specific existence of fibrinous exsudats organized in loose network or mounds, surrounded by newly formed vascular slits. The epithelium covering the polyp is usually more or less impaired...
- Profile of voice professionals seen in a tertiary health centerFelipe Sartor Guimarães Fortes
Otorhinolaringological Clinical Division, HCFMUSP
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 73:27-31. 2007..Work-related laryngopathy may have negative consequences for voice professionals...
- Laryngeal dysfunction after thyroid surgery: diagnosis, evaluation and treatmentC Finck
Service ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege
Acta Chir Belg 106:378-87. 2006..examination procedures are mandatory to perform a complete neuro-laryngeal evaluation: rigid and flexible video-stroboscopy will assess the abductor, adductor and tensor functions in breathing, sniffing, talking and eventually singing ..
- Strobovideolaryngoscopy and laboratory voice evaluationScott M Kaszuba
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt Voice Center, Vanderbilt University, 7302 Medical Center East, South Tower, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8783, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 40:991-1001, vi. 2007..This article presents additional clinical tools accessible to the otolaryngologist that may aid in diagnosis and help elucidate difficult vocal tract pathology...
- [Not all vocal cord failure following thyroid surgery is recurrent paresis due to damage during operation. Statement of the German Interdisciplinary Study Group on Intraoperative Neuromonitoring of Thyroid Surgery concerning recurring paresis due to intubH Dralle
Universitätsklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale
Chirurg 75:810-22. 2004..laryngeal nerve palsy requires the use of specific tools which go beyond simple laryngoscopy and include stroboscopy as well as intra- and extralaryngeal electromyography...
- Evaluation of voice pathology based on the estimation of vocal fold biomechanical parametersP Gómez-Vilda
Department Arquitectura y Tecnología de Sistemas Informáticos, Facultad de Informatica, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Voice 21:450-76. 2007..methods (GRABS), acoustic analysis, and visual inspection (indirect laryngoscopy, and modern fibro-endo-stroboscopy)...
- Ex juvantibus approach for chronic posterior laryngitis: results of short-term pantoprazole therapyW Habermann
Department of ENT, Internal Medicine, University of Graz, Medical School, Austria
J Laryngol Otol 113:734-9. 1999..At the entry to the study a symptom questionnaire and a video-laryngo/stroboscopy were completed...
- Does the timing of tracheal intubation based on neuromuscular monitoring decrease laryngeal injury? A randomized, prospective, controlled trialThomas Mencke
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Anesth Analg 102:306-12. 2006..5 mg/kg. Intubating conditions were evaluated with the Copenhagen score. VCI were examined by stroboscopy before and 24 and 72 h after surgery...
- Vocal cord dysfunction in former World Trade Center (WTC) rescue and recovery workers and volunteersRafael E de la Hoz
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, and Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Ind Med 51:161-5. 2008..We describe the clinical characteristics of 10 symptomatic former WTC workers diagnosed with this condition, as well as the frequency of spirometric findings suggestive of variable extrathoracic obstruction...
- [Assessment of speech and linguistic disorders in patients with cochlear implant--preliminary results]Bozena Kosztyła-Hojna
Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku Zakład Fonoaudiologii Klinicznej i Logopedii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 29:187-93. 2010..The aim of the study was to analyse the speech and linguistic disorders in adults with pre- and postlingual deafness rehabilitated with Cochlear implant (CI)...
- Hoarseness after laryngeal blunt trauma: a differential diagnosis between an injury to the external branch of the superior laryngeal nerve and an arytenoid subluxation. A case report and literature reviewU Schroeder
ENT Department, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924, Cologne, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 260:304-7. 2003..Although the clinical findings are familiar sequelae of thyroid surgery, they may be misdiagnosed as arytenoid subluxation after laryngeal blunt trauma. Stroboscopy and electromyography permitted the correct diagnosis.
- [Glottal and supraglottal configuration during whispering]S Fleischer
Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Poliklinik für Hör, Stimm und Sprachheilkunde
Laryngorhinootologie 86:271-5. 2007..Is whispering a good compromise between preservation of epithelium and permission to communicate orally, e. g. postoperatively?..
- [Telemedicine in phoniatrics and pediatric audiology--possible applications, technical implementation, economic aspects]M Fuchs
Klinik und Poliklinik Fur Hals, Nasen, Ohrenheilkunde Plastische Operationen, Universitat Leipzig
Laryngorhinootologie 80:439-48. 2001..For the cooperation between the specialists of these and neighboring branches and to reduce the costs for a second opinion these data must be available anywhere and any time using modern telecommunication and information technologies...
- Rocuronium is not associated with more vocal cord injuries than succinylcholine after rapid-sequence induction: a randomized, prospective, controlled trialThomas Mencke
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock Germany
Anesth Analg 102:943-9. 2006..6 mg/kg during RSI. PH and ST were assessed at 24, 48, and 72 h after surgery, VCI were examined by stroboscopy in those patients who had PH >3 days...
- [What is the contribution of stroboscopy in the diagnosis of voice disorders?]Rosa Hernández Sandemetrio
Hospital Universitario Doctor Peset, Valencia, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 61:145-8. 2010..The diagnosis of cordal lesions is essential to an accurate therapy. Stroboscopy contributes functional information which is useful to decide between microsurgery, vocal reeducation or a ..
- Is electroglottography-based videostroboscopic assessment of post-laryngectomy prosthetic speech useful?Rehan A Kazi
ENT and Head Neck Surgery, Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India
J Cancer Res Ther 5:85-92. 2009..To use an electroglottography (EGG)-based videostroboscopy tool to assess the anatomical and morphologic characteristics of the pharyngoesophageal (PE) segment in tracheoesophageal (TO) speakers...
- Measuring voice outcomes: state of the science reviewPau N Carding
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
J Laryngol Otol 123:823-9. 2009..Other areas of voice outcome measurement (e.g. stroboscopy and aerodynamic phonatory measurements) require similarly detailed research and analysis.
- Hyperplastic epithelial lesions of the vocal folds: combined use of exfoliative cytology and laryngostroboscopy in differential diagnosisM Gugatschka
Department of Phoniatrics, ENT University Hospital, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 26 28, 8036, Graz, Austria
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:797-801. 2008..Aim of our study was to demonstrate that combination of both, exfoliative cytology and stroboscopy, provides a highly sensitive and easy to perform method in differential diagnosis of epithelial hyperplastic ..
- Botulinum toxin: helpful adjunct to early resolution of laryngeal granulomasJoanne Pham
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Laryngol Otol 118:781-5. 2004..Botulinum toxin A was injected into the affected thyroarytenoid to reduce adduction trauma. Video-stroboscopy was used to assess response...
- Pediatric video laryngo-stroboscopyChristopher J Hartnick
Department of Otology and Laryngology, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114 3914, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:215-9. 2005Laryngo-stroboscopy remains as the clinical gold standard for assessing properties of the glottal phonatory and valvular function...
- Quantitative assessment of voice quality following laser surgery for Reinke's edemaT Murry
Department of Otolaryngology, Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Voice 13:257-64. 1999..In addition, the noise-to-harmonic ratio and the relative average perturbation improved. Stroboscopy revealed irregularities in the symmetry of vocal folds, mucosal wave, and glottic closure 1 month after surgery.
- [Laser measuring device for phonation]G Schade
Poliklinik für Hör, Stimm und Sprachheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Deutschland
Folia Phoniatr Logop 57:202-15. 2005Clinical examinations with short-interval, color-filtered double-flash stroboscopy enable us to estimate the movements of the vocal fold edges during phonation...
- The evaluation of benign glottic lesions: rigid telescopic stroboscopy versus suspension microlaryngoscopySeth H Dailey
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Voice 21:112-8. 2007..4) Microlaryngoscopy is the final diagnostic step in the evaluation of glottic pathology. Meticulous inspection and palpation of the glottis are recommended during SML...
- Treatment of vocal fold scar by carbon dioxide laser and collagen injection: retrospective study on 12 patientsAngels Martínez Arias
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, UCLouvain Hospital of Mont Godinne, Therasse Avenue 1, 5530, Yvoir, Belgium
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1409-14. 2010..Voice assessment was based on stroboscopy and on perceptual scores using the Grade (G) of the GRABS scale, subjective evaluation by the use of the Voice ..
- A case of high-pitched diplophonia that resolved after a direct pull of the lateral cricoarytenoid muscleKiyoaki Tsukahara
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 125:331-3. 2005..for ordinary speech, diplophonia was noted at high pitches, and synchronization could not be observed using stroboscopy. Therefore, the patient was operated on in October 2002...
- [Pathogenetic and therapeutic aspects of contact granuloma]W Maier
Hals, Nasen und Ohrenklinik,
Laryngorhinootologie 73:488-91. 1994..In case of carcinophobia or if cancer could not be excluded by laryngoscopy and stroboscopy, granulomas were removed surgically...
- Imaging of the larynx--extending the use of stroboscopy-related techniquesMarkus M Hess
Department of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, University Clinics Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 27:50-8. 2002Three methods (I-III) are presented to demonstrate how technical modifications in the use of stroboscopy-related techniques can be applied to further analyze vocal fold vibrations...
- The superior laryngeal nerve: function and dysfunctionLucian Sulica
Center for the Voice, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary and Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 37:183-201. 2004..The replacement of the laryngeal mirror by flexible fiberoptic and rigid rod-lens laryngoscopy (including stroboscopy) and the resulting improvement in laryngeal visualization and documentation of examination has not resulted in ..
- Laryngeal function after supracricoid laryngectomyKoichiro Saito
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 140:487-92. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess laryngeal function after supracricoid laryngectomy...
- Measurement of the resonance frequency of a bubble using a laser Doppler vibrometerTheodore F Argo
Mech Eng Dept and Appl Resource Labs, The Univ of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 0292
J Acoust Soc Am 125:2557. 2009..by traditional experimental means, such as acoustically with hydrophones, or optically with Mie scattering or stroboscopy. Further, facilitating observation with these methods may significantly perturb the system...
- Changing trends in the clinical features of laryngeal tuberculosis: a report of 19 casesLing Ling
Department of Otolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Int J Infect Dis 14:e230-5. 2010..This study was undertaken to evaluate the changing trends in the clinical features of laryngeal tuberculosis, with the goal of reducing misdiagnosis and incorrect treatment...
- [Voice diagnostics in professional sopranos: application of the protocol of the European Laryngological Society (ELS)]M Echternach
Freiburger Institut für Musikermedizin, Universitatsklinik, Freiburg, Deutschland
HNO 57:266-72. 2009..For professional singers, therapy should be indicated not just on the basis of stroboscopy but on a broader basis using multifactorial voice analysis such as the ELS protocol.
- Analysis of vocal fold vibration by x-ray stroboscopy with multiple markersT Kusuyama
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:317-22. 2001..To derive a more precise description of vocal fold vibration, experimental phonation of excised canine larynxes was studied...
- [Physical and technical elements of short-interval, color-filtered double strobe flash-stroboscopy]G Schade
Abteilung für Hör, Stimm und Sprachheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf
HNO 50:1079-83. 2002Quantitative measurement of vocal fold movements can be done either with high-speed imaging or with short interval, color-filtered double strobe flash-stroboscopy. The physical and technical elements of this new technique are described.
- Vocal problems among teachers: evaluation of a preventive voice programRoberto Bovo
Department of Audiology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Voice 21:705-22. 2007..Evaluation comprehended stroboscopy, perceptual and electro-acoustical voice analysis, Voice Handicap Index, and a course benefit questionnaire...
- [Qualitative analysis of voice and speech in patients with cochlear implant-- preliminary results]Bozena Kosztyła-Hojna
Uniwersytet Medyczny w Białymstoku, Zakład Fonoaudiologii Kliniczej i Logopedii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 27:305-10. 2009..Verbal communication depends on a good function of voice and speech organs. Cochlear implant system (CI) is the most advanced treatment method in receptive deafness in patients of all age groups...
- Pedunculated polyp removal by means of larynx fiberendoscopic surgeryAlberto Vegas
Unidad de Calidad, Departamento de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario Rio Hortega, Universidad de Valladolid, Dulzaina 2, 47012 Valladolid, Spain
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1255-60. 2010..After surgery, improvement obtained in stroboscopy examination was statistically significant (p < 0.001) and 100% of the patients had recovered a mucosal wave...
- Perceptual and laboratory assessment of dysphoniaP H Dejonckere
The Institute of Phoniatrics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 33:731-50. 2000..As voice is multidimensional, several aspects need to be documented, quantified, and analyzed: perception, stroboscopy, aerodynamics, acoustics, self-evaluation by the patient, and in specific cases, physiologic signals, such as ..
- Bamboo node: primary vocal fold lesion as evidence of autoimmune diseaseE Murano
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Voice 15:441-50. 2001..a rigid laryngeal endoscope and investigation of the patient's distinctive vibratory pattern by means of laryngeal stroboscopy. The method of treatment we used to obtain the best outcome in terms of voice improvement is also discussed.
- [Function and dysfunction of the superior laryngeal nerve]A Teymoortash
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde der Philipps Universität, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Standort Marburg, Deutschhausstr 3, 35037, Marburg, Deutschland
HNO 56:889-94. 2008..Diseases of the superior laryngeal nerve occur more often than thought. Paresis of the superior laryngeal nerve is one of the most frequent causes of dysfunction of this nerve, mainly occurring in the context of thyroid surgery...
- The dysphonic videolaryngoscopy with stroboscopy paradox and challenge of acquired subglottic stenosis after laryngotracheal reconstructionJoseph E Dohar
Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Voice, Resonance, and Swallowing Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:732-8. 2013..Videolaryngoscopy with stroboscopy provides incomparable diagnostic information to fiberoptic endoscopy...
- Lateral phase mucosal wave asymmetries in the clinical voice laboratoryC Michael Haben
Department of Otolaryngology, McGill University Health Center, Laboratoire de la voix, Hopital General de Montreal, Universite McGill, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Voice 17:3-11. 2003..10.5% of the subjects (exact 95% CI = 4.0-21.5%) exhibited mucosal wave variations at stroboscopy, characterized as periodic lateral phase asymmetries found consistently in both the modal and upper registers...
- [Voice disorders in rheumatoid arthritis]Waldemar Wojnowski
Katedra i Klinika Foniatrii i Audiologii AM w Poznaniu
Otolaryngol Pol 59:603-6. 2005..Methods included phoniatric examination, videolaryngoscopy, stroboscopy and acoustic voice analysis MDVP)...
- Effects of subthalamic deep brain stimulation on dysarthrophonia in Parkinson's diseaseF Klostermann
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Department of Neurology, 12203 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:522-9. 2008..We therefore aimed to disentangle the effects of STN DBS on the speech skills of long-term treated patients...
- [Malignant fibrohistiocytoma of the larynx]R Bilewicz
Katedra i Klinika Otolaryngologii, Collegium Medicum im Ludwika Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy, Uniwersytetu Mikolaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Otolaryngol Pol 61:325-8. 2007..Treatment methods of the neoplasms are radical surgery, radiotherapy, chemiotherapy and associate methods of therapy. Prognosis is very bad...
- [Prevalence and incidence studies of voice disorders among teaching staff of La Rioja, Spain. Clinical study: questionnaire, function vocal examination, acoustic analysis and videolaryngostroboscopy]J Preciado
Servicio ORL, Hospital San Millán San Pedro, Logrono, La Rioja
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 56:202-10. 2005..The aim of this study was calculate the prevalence and incidence of voice disorders among teaching staff of La Rioja, Spain...
- Does flexible videostroboscopy compare with rigid videostroboscopy in the assessment of the neoglottis? A preliminary reportA Singh
Clin Otolaryngol 33:60-3. 2008To evaluate rigid and flexible stroboscopy of the neoglottis.
- The neurotoxic effects of manganese on the dopaminergic innervation of the gill of the bivalve mollusc, Crassostrea virginicaKesha Martin
Department of Biology, Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 148:152-9. 2008..It also may serve as a model in pharmacological studies of drugs to treat or prevent Manganism and other dopaminergic cell disorders...
- Evaluation of laryngeal findings in users of inhaled steroidsGul Ozbilen Acar
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Istanbul Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Ata 3 4 Daire 249 Kat 20 Sedef Cad 38 Ada, Atasehir Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:917-23. 2010..Thus, various factors may have role simultaneously in the occurrence of dysphonia...
- Impact of thyroidectomy without laryngeal nerve injury on vocal quality characteristics: an objective multiparameter approachKristiane Van Lierde
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and Speech and Language Pathology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Laryngoscope 120:338-45. 2010....
- Hyperfractionated radiotherapy for T2 glottic cancer for preservation of the larynxIchiro Tateya
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:144-8. 2006..3%, and it was significantly better than that of both the once-a-day group and the once-a-day full-dose group. Hyperfractionation is considered to be useful for preserving the larynx for the treatment of T2 glottic cancer...
- Development of guideline for rating the physical impairment of otolaryngologic fieldChul Won Park
Department of Otolaryngology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:S258-66. 2009..Voice disorder is evaluated based on physical examination, oral pharynx and larynx endoscopy, larynx stroboscopy, hearing assessment, laryngeal electromyography, sound analysis test, aerodynamic test, electroglottography, ..
- Motion of the surface of the human tympanic membrane measured with stroboscopic holographyJeffrey Tao Cheng
Eaton Peabody Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hear Res 263:66-77. 2010..The observations of the dynamics of TM surface motion from this study will help us better understand the sound-receiving function of the TM and how it couples sound to the ossicular chain and inner ear...
- Revision laryngeal surgery for the suboptimal injection of calcium hydroxylapatiteNeil N Chheda
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Laryngoscope 118:2260-3. 2008..The objective of this study was to describe the management of suboptimal injection of calcium hydroxylapatite during augmentation laryngoplasty...
- Diagnosis of recurrent laryngeal nerve palsy after thyroidectomy: a systematic reviewJ P Jeannon
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 63:624-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the reported incidence of temporary and permanent palsy after thyroid surgery using different vocal assessment methods...
- Sex hormones and the elderly male voiceMarkus Gugatschka
ENT University Hospital, Department of Phoniatrics, Medical University, Graz, Austria
J Voice 24:369-73. 2010..Sixty-three elderly males were recruited to undergo assessment of voice parameters, stroboscopy, voice-related questionnaires, a blood draw, and an ultrasound examination of the laryngeal skeleton...
- In situ droplet size and speed determination in a fluid-bed granulatorHenrik Ehlers
Division of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, PO Box 56 Viikinkaari 5 E, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Pharm 391:148-54. 2010..Droplets were produced by a pneumatic nozzle. Diode laser stroboscopy (DLS) was used for droplet detection and particle tracking velocimetry (PTV) was used for determination of ..
- Stroboscopic articulography using fast magnetic resonance imagingK Mathiak
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Int J Lang Commun Disord 35:419-25. 2000..Data acquisition during repetitive movement relies on a stroboscopy-like procedure. The time resolution achieved is 120 images s-1 in a selected plane...
- [Reinnervation of the posterior cricoarytenoid muscle by the phrenic nerve for bilateral vocal cord paralysis in humans]Hongliang Zheng
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 37:210-4. 2002..To reestablish the respiratory abduction of the paralyzed vocal cord through reinnervation of the posterior cricoarytenoid(PCA) muscle by the phrenic nerve in humans...
- Anesthesia with Propofol versus Sevoflurane: Does the Longer Neuromuscular Block under Sevoflurane Anesthesia Reduce Laryngeal Injuries?Thomas Mencke
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 35, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Anesthesiol Res Pract 2013:723168. 2013..Intubating and extubating conditions were evaluated. Vocal cord injuries were examined by stroboscopy before and 24 and 72 h after surgery; hoarseness and sore throat were assessed up to 72 h after surgery...
- Throat Clearing, Coughing, and Alternative BehaviorsHeather Shaw Bonilha; Fiscal Year: 2010..The aims will be accomplished through a research plan utilizing stroboscopy, high-speed videoendoscopy, and novel image processing techniques...
- NonInvasive Optical Imaging of Vocal Cord MicrostructureBrian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..of documenting the evolution of TVC pathology with 3-D images, thus complementing conventional endoscopy and stroboscopy. Application of OCT to microlaryngeal surgery may reduce iatrogenic phonatory disability by reducing trauma to ..
- LARYNGEAL ENDOSCOPE WITH CALIBRATED SIZING FUNCTIONDavid Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Verbatim from the Applicant's Abstract): Laryngeal videoendoscopy combined with stroboscopy is now a mainstay for clinically assessing how the larynx functions to produce voice...
- LARYNGEAL ENDOSCOPE WITH CALIBRATED SIZING FUNCTIONDavid Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2003Laryngeal videoendoscopy combined with stroboscopy is now a mainstay for clinically assessing how the larynx functions to produce voice...
- Development of a laser holography otoscope for diagnosis in the clinicJohn J Rosowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- High-Frequency Pulsed EPR SpectrometerDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Low Optical Coherence Interferometry for the CochleaAlfred Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Biophysiological Mechanisms of 'Heightened Speech'Katherine Verdolini; Fiscal Year: 2007..The primary dependent variable is quality of life in relation to voice, measured with the Voice Handicap Index. Secondary variables are aerodynamic, laryngeal, and vocal quality measures. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Connective Tissues as a Factor in Vocal Fold ParalysisJulie Barkmeier Kraemer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanics of Hearing Meeting 2005Alfred Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, attendees will receive information and experience in how to be proactive in the area of public education for hearing science. ..
- AEROACOUSTICS OF VOICEFariborz Alipour; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 Muscle and Molecular Motors Gordon Research ConferenceDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..They also enable parasites and bacteria to invade human host cells. The principal aim of this conference is to increase our understanding of the basic mechanism and function of molecular motors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Oxidation, Structure, & Function in Aging MuscleDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract not provided ..
- Quantitative multimodal analyses in pediatric epilepsy surgeryEishi Asano; Fiscal Year: 2008..If funded, the applicant will achieve the necessary training in an excellent environment to develop into an independent investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANESTHETIC REACTIONS IN SURGERYDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHONATION AND PHONATORY CONTROL IN VOCAL TREMORSMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experimental phase consists of studies of neuromuscular and respiratory input to the larynx. This information about vocal tremor will be applied to model simulations with the use of physiological signals as input model parameters. ..
- Electrode Array Reanimation of the Paralyzed LarynxMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..Nerve samples will be harvested and studied to examine the effects of the implanted array on RLN fibers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..