Summary: Radiographic visualization of the body between the thorax and the pelvis, i.e., within the peritoneal cavity.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- [Current diagnostics for intra-abdominal trauma]D Nast-Kolb
Klinik für Unfallchirurgie, Klinikum Essen
Chirurg 76:919-26. 2005..The IAP should be measured routinely in patients at risk, and decompression laparotomy may be indicated with pressures of higher than 20 mmHg...
- Urinary bladder calculi in a sliding vesical-inguinal-scrotal hernia diagnosed preoperatively by plain abdominal radiographyAnthony Chi Fai Ng
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Adv Ther 24:1016-9. 2007..A review of the literature revealed only 2 prior reported cases of bladder calculi within a vesical-inguinal-scrotal hernia...
- Four multidetector-row helical CT: image quality and volume coverage speedH Hu
GE Medical Systems, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Radiology 215:55-62. 2000..To evaluate the imaging performance characteristics of four multidetector-row helical computed tomography (CT) and assess improvement in volume coverage speed over that with single multidetector-row helical CT...
- Low-dose CT of the abdomen: evaluation of image improvement with use of noise reduction filters pilot studyMannudeep K Kalra
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, White 270-E, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 228:251-6. 2003..05). A statistically significant reduction of noise in low-dose images processed with three filters was noted. In conclusion, use of noise reduction filters decreased image noise at low-dose CT...
- Diagnostic value of abdominal radiography in constipated children: a systematic reviewLieke M Reuchlin-Vroklage
Department of General Practice, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:671-8. 2005..of doubt about the presence of constipation, the existence of fecal retention can be evaluated on plain abdominal radiography. OBJECTIVES: To describe and to assess the evidence from observational, controlled studies concerning the ..
- Accuracy of abdominal radiography in acute small-bowel obstruction: does reviewer experience matter?William M Thompson
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W233-8. 2007The purposes of this study were to determine the accuracy of abdominal radiography in the detection of acute small-bowel obstruction (SBO), to assess the role of reviewer experience, and to evaluate individual radiographic signs of SBO.
- Radiation dose to premature infants in neonatal intensive care units in KuwaitA Brindhaban
Department of Radiologic Sciences, Kuwait University, PO Box 31470, Sulaibikhat 90805, Kuwait
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 111:275-81. 2004..The risk of developing childhood cancers from each of the three examinations was estimated to be in the range (9-117) x 10(-6) for infants undergoing 25 of these X-ray examinations during their stay in the NIC unit...
- Neonatal chest and abdominal radiation dosimetry: a comparison of two radiographic techniquesN F Jones
Directorate of Clinical Imaging, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust (Treliske, Truro, Cornwall TR1 3LJ, UK
Br J Radiol 74:920-5. 2001..The observed coefficient of variation in field size (16% for a 2.5 kg neonate) demonstrates that good standards of radiographic practice are more important than choice of technique...
- Ultrasonography and abdominal radiography versus intravenous urography in investigation of urinary tract infection in men: prospective incident cohort studyS J Andrews
Department of Urology, Lister Hospital, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 4AB
BMJ 324:454-6. 2002OBJECTIVES: To compare ultrasonography and abdominal radiography with intravenous urography in the investigation of urinary tract infection in men. DESIGN: Prospective study in two hospital departments...
- Investigation of dose reduction in neonatal radiography using specially designed phantoms and LiF:Mg,Cu,P TLDsL Duggan
Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Department of Radiation Oncology, Waratah NSW 2298, Australia
Br J Radiol 76:232-7. 2003..All contrast details were observable at 66 kVp with hafnium filtration. Technique 1 may lead to an increase in effective dose due to field overlap, which diverges at depth, and increased scatter at the periphery of the fields...
- The role of abdominal radiography in the evaluation of the nontrauma emergency patientZina S Kellow
Department of Radiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Ave W, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A1
Radiology 248:887-93. 2008To characterize the utility of abdominal radiography for nontrauma emergency patients in a single-institution setting.
- Acute nontraumatic abdominal pain in adult patients: abdominal radiography compared with CT evaluationSun Ho Ahn
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Radiology 225:159-64. 2002PURPOSE: To compare the diagnostic yield of abdominal radiography with that of computed tomography (CT) in adult patients presenting to the emergency department with nontraumatic abdominal pain...
- The role of abdominal radiography in the evaluation of the nontrauma emergency patient: new thoughts on an old problemRonald L Eisenberg
Radiology 248:715-6. 2008
- Abdominal radiography in monitoring the resolution of sand accumulations from the large colon of horses treated medicallyM Ruohoniemi
Department of Clinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Equine Vet J 33:59-64. 2001..Radiography of the cranioventral abdomen was found to be a useful means for monitoring the resolution of sand and confirming the effect of medical treatment in removing sand from the large colon in the horse...
- Strategies for formulating appropriate MDCT techniques when imaging the chest, abdomen, and pelvis in pediatric patientsDianna D Cody
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 56, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:849-59. 2004..Image-noise measurements can be used to adjust chest and abdominopelvic CT techniques for pediatric populations, resulting in a decrease in measured entrance dose by 60-90%...
- Patient-circumference-adapted dose regulation in body computed tomography. A practical and flexible formulaU Nyman
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Lasarettet Trelleborg, Sweden
Acta Radiol 46:396-406. 2005..To illustrate that the attenuation formula based on monochromatic radiation in homogeneous objects may be used for dose regulation in body computed tomography (CT) based on patient circumference and using a simple cloth measuring tape...
- [Late pregnancy? Clear cell ovarian carcinoma in the differential diagnosis of large intraabdominal tumors]B Willi
Rofo 179:179-80. 2007
- [Value of electron beam tomography (EBT)]C N Enzweiler
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Rofo 176:1566-75. 2004....
- Neoplastic iliopsoas masses in oncology patients: CT findingsAjay K Singh
Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA, USA
Abdom Imaging 33:493-7. 2008..The detection of an iliopsoas mass warrants a careful search for gluteal muscles and subcutaneous metastases...
- [Case images 1. Pulmonary and hepato-splenic tuberculosis with fistula in descending colon]S Cea
, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Vigo, Vigo, Pontevedra,
Radiologia 48:340, 404. 2006
- Modern imaging of tuberculosis in children: thoracic, central nervous system and abdominal tuberculosisSavvas Andronikou
Radiology Department, Red Cross Children s Hospital, Klipfontein Rd, Rondebosch, 7700 Cape Town, South Africa
Pediatr Radiol 34:861-75. 2004..The more specific features of each modality in the particular anatomical regions are highlighted...
- CT scout view as an essential part of CT readingO R Brook
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Australas Radiol 51:211-7. 2007..We show seven abdominal, two chest and two head CT, where the study of CT scout view allowed diagnoses to be made that were not readily apparent from the axial slices...
- Reliability of the evaluation of multidetector computed tomography images from the scanner's console in high-energy blunt-trauma patientsL Ahvenjarvi
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Oulu University Hospital, FIN 90029 Oulu, Finland
Acta Radiol 48:64-70. 2007..To evaluate the reliability of a structured 5-min evaluation of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) images from the scanner's console in high-energy trauma patients...
- Cardiac arrest: abdominal CT imaging featuresA K Singh
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Abdom Imaging 29:177-9. 2004..The thoracic findings were reflux of contrast into the coronary sinus, nonopacificaton of the left ventricle with intravenous contrast, and lack of cardiac motion artifact...
- [Diagnosis and staging of germ-cell tumours of the testis]Nicolas Mottet
Département d urologie, Clinique Mutualiste, Saint Etienne
Rev Prat 57:365-78. 2007..Complete information of the patient is mandatory. All consequences of the disease and treatment must be managed, the most important being sperm conservation...
- [79 year old male with constitutional syndrome and hepatomegaly]A Rebollar Merino
Servicio de Medicina Interna, , Madrid, Spain
Rev Clin Esp 207:97-9. 2007
- [Giant bladder due to prostatic hyperplasia and consecutive obstruction]D Ropers
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:671-2. 2007
- Unusual migration in abdomen of a wire for surgical localization of breast lesionsR Grassi
Institute of Radiology, Second University of Naples, Italy
Acta Radiol 45:254-8. 2004..A following CT examination showed the wire partially outside the inferior vena cava and partially inside the right iliac vein. The wire was successfully taken out by an angiographic interventional procedure...
- [Dyspnea and hemoptysis in a young woman with unclear renal alterations]S Fischli
, Inselspital Bern
Schweiz Rundsch Med Prax 93:1923-8. 2004..The most important components of the pathogenesis and the criteria necessary for diagnosis are highlighted. In addition the similarities and differences to lymphangioleiomyomatosis are discussed...
- Myocardial infarction on non-ECG synchronized contrast-enhanced multi-detector computed tomographyRahul Patel
Department of Radiology, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Emerg Radiol 11:301-5. 2005..Myocardial infarctions are visible on contrast-enhanced MDCT scans even when cardiac gating is not utilized. Focusing on myocardial enhancement should allow radiologists to play a greater role in the evaluation of cardiac disease...
- CT fluoroscopy-guided biopsy of the lung or upper abdomen with a breath-hold monitoring and feedback system: a prospective randomized controlled clinical trialStephanie K Carlson
Department of Radiology, Section of Safety, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 237:701-8. 2005..To prospectively determine the clinical effectiveness of a breath-hold monitoring and feedback system in computed tomographic (CT) fluoroscopy-guided biopsies in which respiratory motion is a problem...
- Emergency pediatric imaging: changes over the years. Part IILeonard E Swischuk
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 77555, USA
Emerg Radiol 11:253-61. 2005..All of this has put us into the forefront of medicine and we are now faced with delivering our services and opinions on a 7x24 basis...
- Use of an automatic exposure control mechanism for dose optimization in multi-detector row CT examinations: clinical evaluationTom H Mulkens
Department of Radiology, Heilig Hart Hospital, Kolveniersvest 20, B 2500 Lier, Belgium
Radiology 237:213-23. 2005....
- [Organ doses from CT examinations in children]M Mabille
Service de Radiologie, , 75014 Paris
J Radiol 86:487-91. 2005..Optimization can be achieved without degradation of the image quality, by reducing Kv and mAs within reasonable limits. This study may be used in order to evaluate the doses delivered by multi-detector CT units...
- [Radiologic features of inflammatory pseudotumors]C Schlimper
Radiologische Universitätsklinik Bonn
Rofo 177:1506-12. 2005..For making a definite diagnosis a biopsy is often essential. The treatment options are varied and consist of surgery, high-dose steroids, irradiation, and chemotherapeutics...
- Multi-slice computed tomography (MSCT): the dose challenge of the new revolutionStephen J Golding
Radiology Research Group, Nuffield Department of Surgery, University of Oxford, MRI Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:303-7. 2005..In the interim, advice from guidelines such as those published by the European Commission should be followed...
- "Hot" spots in hybrid positron emission tomography/computed tomography scanning of the abdomen: protocols, indications, interpretation, responsibilities, and reimbursementsMichael M Maher
Department of Radiology, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 35:35-54. 2006..This review describes the pertinent medical literature and discusses our experience with suitable examples...
- A 16-slice multidetector computed tomography protocol for evaluation of the gastroepiploic artery grafts in patients after coronary artery bypass surgeryJ Dorgelo
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, PO Box 30001, 9700 Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 15:1994-9. 2005..4+/-0.6 and 1.4+/-1.0). Sixteen-slice MDCT is a promising alternative for catheterisation in evaluating patency of GEA grafts, using the presented protocol with thoracoabdominal scan including L3 for complete coverage of the GEA graft...
- [Introduction to computed tomography]S Hernández Muñiz
Radiologia, Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Madrid, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:206-14; quiz 215-6. 2006
- Isotropic CT examination of abdomen and pelvis diagnostic quality of reformatKumaresan Sandrasegaran
Department of Radiology, UH 0279, 550 N University Boulevard, Indiana University School of Medicine, IN 46202, USA
Acad Radiol 13:1338-43. 2006..To evaluate the image quality of axial and coronal reformats obtained from isotropic resolution abdomino-pelvic computed tomography (CT) examinations...
- How many medical requests for US, body CT, and musculoskeletal MR exams in outpatients are inadequate?Francesco Sardanelli
Servizio di Radiologia, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Milan
Radiol Med 109:229-33. 2005..Our aim was to evaluate how many medical requests for US, CT and MR outpatients exams are inadequate...
- [Chilaiditi's syndrome: a rare cause of abdominal pain in the differential diagnosis of the abdominal perforation. Case report]E Farinella
Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria di Terni, Clinica Chirurgica Generale e d Urgenza, Scuola di Specializzazione in Chirurgia Generale
G Chir 27:417-21. 2006..Although the Chilaiditi's syndrome is rare, it must be considerated in differential diagnosis of perforative abdominal syndrome, when there are doubts about the subdiaphragmatic air in abdominal film...
- Distinguishing gelatin bioabsorbable sponge and postoperative abdominal abscess on CTKumaresan Sandrasegaran
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 550 N University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:475-80. 2005..The objective of our study was to differentiate the CT findings of gelatin bioabsorbable sponges used as hemostatic agents from postoperative abdominal abscess...
- [Backache as main symptom of unknown primary cancer syndrome with a particularly severe course]R M Ritzel
Rofo 179:173-5. 2007
- Computed tomographic imaging of abdominal volvulus: pictorial essayShunro Matsumoto
Department of Radiology, Oita Medical University, Oita, Japan
Can Assoc Radiol J 55:297-303. 2004
- Patient size and x-ray transmission in body CTKent Ogden
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Radiology, 750 E Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Health Phys 86:397-405. 2004..The x-ray transmission data and effective photon energy data can be used to determine CT image noise and image contrast, respectively, and information on patient size and composition can be used to determine patient doses...
- [Febrile syndrome in a 22-year old male]J J Castellanos Monedero
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital La Mancha-Centro, , Ciudad Real,
Rev Clin Esp 207:399-400. 2007
- Body MR imaging and CT volume: variations and trends based on an analysis of medicare and fee-for-service health insurance databasesDonald G Mitchell
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1096 Main Bldg, 132 S. 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:27-31. 2002..The relative procedure volume of abdominal MR imaging varied more than fivefold from rural to urban provider locations and double from nonteaching to teaching hospitals...
- [Round ligament pathology: a report of two cases]S Novellas
, , , Nice Cedex 3, France
J Radiol 89:510-3. 2008
- A clinical decision rule for identifying children with thoracic injuries after blunt torso traumaJames F Holmes
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817 2282, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:492-9. 2002..We sought to determine the prevalence of thoracic injuries in children sustaining blunt torso trauma and to develop a clinical prediction rule to identify children with these injuries...
- Calcification in lymphoma occurring before therapy: CT features and clinical correlationSara Apter
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:935-8. 2002..It occurred in our patients more often in the mediastinum, in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma rather than in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma, and only in patients with the aggressive type of disease...
- Improved pediatric multidetector body CT using a size-based color-coded formatDonald P Frush
Division of Pediatric Radiology, Department of Radiology, McGovern-Davison Children's Health Center, Rm. 1905, Duke University Health System, Box 3808, Erwin Rd, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:721-6. 2002..This system provides an easy, expeditious, consistent, and preferable format for general pediatric body CT protocols. Most importantly, the color-coded system can reduce variations (errors) in the radiology department...
- Can computed tomography identify patients with anaemia?A J Collins
Department of Radiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ulster Med J 70:116-8. 2001..We do not propose this as a method of accurately measuring the patient's haemoglobin; however, we feel that it may be possible for a radiologist at non-contrast enhanced CT examination to note the probable presence of anaemia...
- [Percutaneous abdominopelvic interventional procedures using real-time CT fluoroscopy guidance at 21 mAs: an analysis of 99 consecutive cases]P Soyer
Service de Radiologie Viscérale, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP GHU Nord and Université Paris VII, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris
J Radiol 89:565-70. 2008..5- to 14-F drainage catheter and 35 patients had a percutaneous biopsy using an 18-G automatic core biopsy needle...
- A rare case of ossification of a celiac cystYong He
Thoracic Surgery Center, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Am J Surg 196:e25-6. 2008..There has been little report on calcification of cysts inside the abdomen. Here we report a rare case of ossification of celiac cyst. If we understand the images of calcified and ossified cysts, a correct diagnosis can be made...
- Application of European Commission reference dose levels in CT examinations in Crete, GreeceV Tsapaki
Euromedica Medical Center, 44 Demokratius Str, 176174 Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Br J Radiol 74:836-40. 2001..It is anticipated that a reduction of L, or product mAs, or their combination, will reduce DLP without affecting image quality...
- Patient dose reduction in CT examinations by optimising scanogram acquisitionK Perisinakis
Department of Medical Physics, University of Crete, Faculty of Medicine, PO Box 1393, 711 10 Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 93:173-8. 2001..Effective dose from a complete CT examination may be reduced by up to 3.5% without any subsequent image quality degradation of the diagnostically important sectional images...
- [Extravasation of contrast media in brain parenchyma and cerebrospinal fluid space after CT or DSA of thorax or abdomen]T Bretscheider
Rofo 173:497-501. 2001..For differential diagnosis, the clinical symptoms and CT patterns of a disruption of the blood-brain or blood-CSF barrier should be known...
- Computed tomographic appearance of Prolene Hernia System and polypropylene mesh plug inguinal hernia repairVictor H W Yeung
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:529-32. 2008..To describe the normal postoperative computed tomographic (CT) appearance of inguinal hernia repair with the Prolene (polypropylene) Hernia System and polypropylene mesh plug...
- [Abdominal tuberculosis: a rare differential diagnosis of pancreatic carcinoma]M Enders
Innere Medizin II, Medizinischen Klinik, , Homburg/Saar
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 126:360-3. 2001..CONCLUSION: Tuberculosis should be included in the differential diagnosis of consumptive disease with an atypical presentation, especially because treatment could well be curative...
- [Evaluation of the severity and monitoring of early complications in multitrauma]Marc Freysz
Rev Prat 57:441-52. 2007
- Image-guided drainage of multiple intraabdominal abscesses in children with perforated appendicitis: an alternative to laparotomyJeffrey W McCann
Image Guided Therapy, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, M5G 1X8, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 38:661-8. 2008..Appendicitis is the most common cause of an acute abdomen in children. With perforation, multiple intraperitoneal collections can be seen at presentation. In this situation, surgical treatment alone is rarely effective...
- Surgical removal of a seminoma from a black sea bassChick Weisse
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104-6010, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:280-3, 240-1. 2002..Our experience supports the conclusions of other reports that certain surgical procedures can be performed safely in fish...
- Prolonged survival of an elderly woman with Salmonella dublin aortitis and conservative treatmentDidier Schoevaerdts
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:1326-8. 2003
- [Continuation 47. Dyspnea is the main symptom. It's up to you to clarify it!]P Stiefelhagen
DRK-Krankenhaus Westerwald Hachenburg
MMW Fortschr Med 145:I-VIII; quiz IX-X. 2003
- Dose reduction in multidetector CT using attenuation-based online tube current modulationDenis Tack
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Charleroi, Boulevard Janson, 92, B-6000-Charleroi, Belgium
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:331-4. 2003..However, initial decreases of mAs presets by the physician should be considered the primary tool for radiation dose reduction...
- Dose evaluation and effective dose estimation from multi detector CTKanae Nishizawa
Department of Medical Physics, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Igaku Butsuri 22:152-8. 2002..The exposed doses differed according to scanning method and imaging conditions such as tube current, slice thickness and so on. It seemed that there is room for dose reduction by proper adjustment of scan conditions in MDCT examinations...
- Use of diagnostic testing in the emergency department for patients presenting with non-traumatic abdominal painJ Tobias Nagurney
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Emerg Med 25:363-71. 2003..Almost all received blood tests and two-thirds received one or more imaging studies. Based on providers' subjective opinions, the most valuable tests were the abdomino/pelvic CT scan and the urinalysis...
- Gastric volvulus through a Morgagni hernia: multidetector computed tomography diagnosisBruno Coulier
Department of Radiology, Clinique St Luc, rue St Luc, 8, 5004 BOUGE NAMUR, Belgium
Emerg Radiol 15:197-201. 2008..The paper refers to the basic anatomy, clinical symptoms, diagnostic, and therapeutic considerations for HM and emphasizes the major advantages of MDCT in acute surgical conditions implicating the thoracic abdominal junction...
- Can computerised tomography replace bone scintigraphy in detecting bone metastases from breast cancer? A prospective studyA R Bristow
Division of Breast Surgery, University of Nottingham, UK
Breast 17:98-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether bone scans (BS) can be avoided if pelvis was included in CT thorax and abdomen to detect bony metastases from breast cancer...
- Abdominal computed tomographic findings of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium intracellulare infection in HIV seropositive patientsDow-Mu M Koh
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:45-50. 2003..MTB mean = 40 mm, p < 0.05). CONCLUSION: Although nonspecific, CT may be useful in the early diagnosis of MTB and MAI infection, allowing for presumptive treatment before microbiologic confirmation...
- [Clinical relevance of computed tomography under emergency conditions--diagnostic accuracy, therapeutic consequences]C Weber
Radiologisches Zentrum, Klink und Poliklinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Rofo 176:37-47. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy and therapeutic consequences of computed tomography performed on an emergency basis in a primary care hospital...
- [Misleading clinical and imaging features of abdominal tuberculosis: report of 2 cases]L Charrada-Ben Farhat
, , 2046 Sidi Daoud, La Marsa, Tunisie
J Radiol 88:1729-32. 2007
- The value of indicated computed tomography scan of the chest and abdomen in addition to the conventional radiologic work-up for blunt trauma patientsJaap Deunk
Departments of Trauma Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Trauma 63:757-63. 2007..However, still little is known about the diagnostic value and the therapeutic impact of indicated thoraco-abdominal CT scan when it is performed in addition to the complete conventional radiologic work-up for blunt trauma patients...
- [Value of abdominal ultrasound screening in patients with benign diseases of the skin]N Bregenzer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin 1 und Ultraschallzentrum, Universitatsklinikum, Regensburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:1699-702. 2003..We investigated the value of abdominal ultrasound screening of abdominal foci in patients with benign diseases of the skin...
- [Importance of the radiographic sign of fecal loading in the cecum for the differential diagnosis of acute appendicitis]Andy Petroianu
Departamento de Cirurgia, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brasil
Acta Med Port 20:151-6. 2007..the radiographic characteristics of acute appendicitis have been well documented, the value of plain abdominal radiography has not been completely studied...
- Scrotal edema secondary to fluid imbalance in patients on continuous peritoneal dialysisMuniru Adeniyi
Section of Nephrology, Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Adv Perit Dial 25:68-71. 2009..b>Abdominal radiography revealed migration of the CPD catheter...
- A protocol for managing urethral obstruction in male cats without urethral catheterizationEdward S Cooper
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 237:1261-6. 2010..To determine efficacy of a protocol for managing urethral obstruction (UO) in male cats without urethral catheterization...
- Transureteral lithotripsy versus extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in management of upper ureteral calculi: a comparative studyMohammad Reza Nikoobakht
Urology Research Center, Sina Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 4:207-11. 2007..Our aim was to compare transureteral lithotripsy (TUL) and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (SWL) in the management of upper ureteral calculi larger than 5 mm in diameter...
- Diagnosis and surgical management of ureteral calculi in dogs: 16 cases (1990-2003)D M Snyder
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 19104 6010, USA
N Z Vet J 53:19-25. 2005....
- Prevalence of symptomatic urinary calculi in Kerman, IranAli Asghar Ketabchi
Department of Urology, Shafa Hospital, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Urol J 5:156-60. 2008..In a cross-sectional study, we evaluated the prevalence of symptomatic urinary calculi in Kerman, Iran...
- Necrotizing enterocolitis: assessment of bowel viability with color doppler USRicardo Faingold
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Division of Neonatology, Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Radiology 235:587-94. 2005..To determine whether absence of bowel wall perfusion at color Doppler ultrasonography (US) is indicative of bowel necrosis in neonates with necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Signalment, history, and outcome of cats with gastrointestinal tract intussusception: 20 cases (1986-2000)Jamie M Burkitt
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 234:771-6. 2009..To determine signalment, history, and outcome of cats with gastrointestinal tract intussusception and to identify physical examination, diagnostic imaging, surgical, histologic, and necropsy findings in affected cats...
- Diagnosis of ureteral obstruction in patients with compromised renal function: the role of noninvasive imaging modalitiesAhmed A Shokeir
Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
J Urol 171:2303-6. 2004..the role of noncontrast computerized tomography (NCCT), magnetic resonance urography (MRU), and combined abdominal radiography (KUB) and ultrasonography (US) in the diagnosis of the cause of ureteral obstruction in patients with ..
- Ineffectiveness of routine abdominal radiography in patients with gastrointestinal hemorrhage admitted to an intensive care unitAllan H Andrews
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Department of Gastroenterology, Bldg 2, 7th Floor, 6900 Georgia Avenue, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:228-31. 2005To determine the utility of plain abdominal radiography in the initial evaluation of acute gastrointestinal (GI) hemorrhage in a medical intensive care unit.
- Abdominal pain patient referrals to emergency surgical service: appropriateness of diagnosis and attitudes of general practitionersDavorin Kozomara
Department of Surgery, University Clinical Hospital Mostar, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Coll Antropol 33:1239-43. 2009..presenting complaint or history, axillar and rectal temperature measurement, laboratory checking and abdominal radiography checking by GP were recorded as well...
- The effects of minor hip flexion, abduction or adduction and x-ray beam angle on the radiographic joint space width of the hipBerna Goker
Gazi University, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Ankara, Turkey
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 13:379-86. 2005..We aimed to study the impacts of minor degrees of flexion, abduction or adduction of the hip, as well as the angle of the x-ray beam on the radiographic joint space width (JSW) of the hip joint...
- Accuracy of radiological features for predicting extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy success for treatment of kidney calculiHamid Arshadi
Department of Urology, Children s Medical Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 6:88-91. 2009..One urologist estimated the success chance of SWL based on plain abdominal radiography. Accordingly, the patients were categorized into 2 groups with more than 75% chance of fragmentation (..
- Günther Tulip and Celect IVC filters in multiple-trauma patientsDavid Rosenthal
Department of Vascular Surgery, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Endovasc Ther 16:494-9. 2009....
- Can computed tomography scout radiography replace plain film in the evaluation of patients with acute urinary tract colic?G Ege
Radiology Department, Istanbul International Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Radiol 45:469-73. 2004..To determine the sensitivity of computed tomography (CT) scout view in detecting ureteral stones and whether CT scout radiography can replace plain film in the evaluation of patients with acute urinary tract colic...
- Randomized controlled study of mechanical percussion, diuresis, and inversion therapy to assist passage of lower pole renal calculi after shock wave lithotripsyEdmund Chiong
Department of Surgery, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Urology 65:1070-4. 2005..To determine whether mechanical percussion, diuresis, and inversion (PDI) therapy after shock wave lithotripsy (SWL) improves the clearance rates of lower pole renal stones...
- Is ureteroscopy first line treatment for pediatric stone disease?Marc C Smaldone
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 3232, USA
J Urol 178:2128-31; discussion 2131. 2007..We report our current outcomes for ureteroscopic management of pediatric stone disease...
- Right ventricular gunshot wound with retrograde embolizationRichard L McLaughlin
Trauma Services, Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford, Illinois, USA
J Trauma Nurs 15:123-5. 2008..Chest and abdominal radiography were performed to locate the bullet...
- Small-bowel obstruction after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: etiology, diagnosis, and managementSyed Husain
Department of Bariatric Surgery, University of Rochester, Highland Hospital, 1000 South Ave, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Arch Surg 142:988-93. 2007..To summarize our experience with small-bowel obstructions after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass...
- Strangulated umbilical hernia including a mesenteric cyst: a rare cause of acute abdomenC Polat
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 103:329-31. 2003..The patient had both muscular defense and abdominal tenderness. Plain abdominal radiography showed multiple air-fluid levels...
- Megacolon and stercoral proctitis after frequent fecal impactions: report of an unusual case and review of the literatureJen Tzer Gau
Department of Geriatric Medicine Gerontology, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:338-41. 2007..Clinicians should aggressively treat fecal impaction and monitor the adequacy of treatment with abdominal radiography in order to avoid significant complications...
- Scintigraphic detection of 125I seeds after permanent brachytherapy for prostate cancerYuzuru Kono
Division of Nuclear Medicine, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
J Nucl Med 49:541-5. 2008....
- Assessment of the persistence of fecal loading in the cecum in presence of acute appendicitisAndy Petroianu
Alfa Institute of Gastroenterology, Hospital of Clinics of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Alfredo Balena, 110, Belo Horizonte, MG 30130 100, Brazil
Int J Surg 5:11-6. 2007..the radiographic characteristics of acute appendicitis have been well documented, the value of plain abdominal radiography has not been completely studied...
- Effect of Rowatinex on calculus clearance after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsyHooman Djaladat
Department of Urology, Mohammadi Hospital, Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences, Bandar Abbas, Iran
Urol J 6:9-13. 2009..our aim was to evaluate the effect of Rowatinex, an essential oil preparation of terpenic type, on kidney calculi clearance after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (SWL)...
- Importance of the new radiographic sign of fecal loading in the cecum in the presence of acute appendicitis in comparison with other inflammatory diseases of the right abdomenAndy Petroianu
Alfa Institute of Gastroenterology, Hospital of Clinics of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Alfredo Balena, no 190, CEP 30130 100, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Eur J Intern Med 19:22-6. 2008The value of plain abdominal radiography in acute appendicitis has not been completely studied...
- Low-dose versus standard-dose CT protocol in patients with clinically suspected renal colicPierre Alexandre Poletti
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Geneva, 24 rue Micheli du Crest 14, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:927-33. 2007The purpose of our study was to compare a low-dose abdominal CT protocol, delivering a dose of radiation close to the dose delivered by abdominal radiography, with standard-dose unenhanced CT in patients with suspected renal colic.
- Clinical Decision Rule to Identify Children with Intra-Abdominal InjuriesJames Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CT Monitoring of AngiogenesisBenjamin Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Age-Dependent Estrogen-Independent Mechanism of Hyposomatotropism in WomenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, this proposal seeks to unravel fundamental mechanisms that control the production of the major trophic hormones GH and IGF-I, which maintain bone and muscle mass, reduce abdominal fat and enhance quality of life. ..
- Novel Treatment Strategies for Constipation and Role of Brain-Gut axisSatish Rao; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies aim to define the mechanisms of, and evaluate new therapies for dyssynergia, rectal hyposensitivity and rectal hypersensitivity, and could significantly impact constipation treatments. ..
- Ensemble Control of ACTH Secretion: Impact of GenderJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal is to unveil new ways to detect, prevent and treat abnormal stress-adaptive responses in aging, illness and disease. ..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Image-guided Gene and Virotherapy for Pancreatic CancerSTEPHANIE CARLSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ecstasy and the Dorsomedial HypothalamusDANIEL RUSYNIAK; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Central Respiratory Effects of Organophosphate PoisoningRomolo Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of the applicant is to become an independent researcher in the area of neurophysiology and neurotoxicology with the ability to run his own laboratory and write successful grant applications. ..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..If so, targeting this gene product could potentially shift cholesterol accumulation away from arteries toward the liver. This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. ..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. ..
- Novel Treatment Strategies for Constipation and Role of Brain-Gut axisSATISH SC RAO; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies aim to define the mechanisms of, and evaluate new therapies for dyssynergia, rectal hyposensitivity and rectal hypersensitivity, and could significantly impact constipation treatments. ..
- Aging Systems in Geriatrics: the Male Gonadal AxisJohannes D Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Why or how the decline occurs is not known. This grant studies mechanisms in the brain, pituitary (master) gland and testis (male gonad), which begin to fail in aging men under stress. ..
- Breast CT scanner for earlier cancer detectionJohn M Boone; Fiscal Year: 2010..At the end of this program of research and discovery, breast CT will likely be shown to be a key clinical tool for the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Time Resolved Cardiac Computed Tomography with Patient Dose ReductionKatsuyuki Taguchi; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., correlation between the motion, perfusion and stenos is) that are not possible with the current techniques. ..
- Ensemble Control of ACTH Secretion: Impact of GenderJohannes D Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal is to unveil new ways to detect, prevent and treat abnormal stress-adaptive responses in aging, illness and disease. ..
- Dynamic multi-organ anatomical models for hypofractionated RT design and deliveryKristy Brock; Fiscal Year: 2010..This enhanced patient model will allow improved accuracy in the design and implementation of treatment. ..
- Novel Treatment Strategies for Constipation and Role of Brain-Gut axisSatish Rao; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies aim to define the mechanisms of, and evaluate new therapies for dyssynergia, rectal hyposensitivity and rectal hypersensitivity, and could significantly impact constipation treatments. ..
- Breast CT scanner for earlier cancer detectionJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2009..At the end of this program of research and discovery, breast CT will likely be shown to be a key clinical tool for the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Age-Dependent Estrogen-Independent Mechanism of Hyposomatotropism in WomenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, this proposal seeks to unravel fundamental mechanisms that control the production of the major trophic hormones GH and IGF-I, which maintain bone and muscle mass, reduce abdominal fat and enhance quality of life. ..
- Ensemble Control of ACTH Secretion: Impact of GenderJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal is to unveil new ways to detect, prevent and treat abnormal stress-adaptive responses in aging, illness and disease. ..
- CNS circuitry and receptors mediating the effects of MDMADaniel E Rusyniak; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying the brain areas and chemical receptors responsible for causing MDMA's toxicity, our research may lead to new and innovative treatments. ..
- AUTOMATIC CORRECTION OF MOTION ARTIFACTS IN MR IMAGESArmando Manduca; Fiscal Year: 2002..They are applicable to both conventional and fast scan applications, and may be adaptable to many non- motion sources of artifacts as well. ..
- AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such knowledge has significant clinical implications to rational estrogen-replacement strategies in older women with estrogen-deficiency states and physical frailty accompanied by relative hyposomatotropism. ..
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- NEUROMUSCULAR CONDITION THERAPY-DYSSYNERGIC DEFECATIONSatish Rao; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Development of a magnetically guided feeding tubeSABRY GABRIEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is an advantage specially in nursing hormones where x ray is not readily available. Projected cost savings for the health care system is substantial with expected better patient outcome. ..
- Identifying CT Imaging Biomarkers Associated with Prognosis of Pulmonary EmbolismKyongtae Bae; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe the proposed study is timely and will provide a new insight to prognosis and clinical management and treatment of PE. ..
- CT Monitoring of AngiogenesisBenjamin M Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identifying CT Imaging Biomarkers Associated with Prognosis of Pulmonary EmbolismKyongtae T Bae; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe the proposed study is timely and will provide a new insight to prognosis and clinical management and treatment of PE. ..
- Time Resolved Cardiac Computed Tomography with Patient Dose ReductionKatsuyuki Taguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., correlation between the motion, perfusion and stenos is) that are not possible with the current techniques. ..
- CT Monitoring of AngiogenesisBenjamin Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- AUTOMATIC CORRECTION OF MOTION ARTIFACTS IN MR IMAGESArmando Manduca; Fiscal Year: 2007..They represent perhaps the most flexible and universally applicable techniques for the correction of motion (and other) artifacts in MR imaging. ..
- Effect of cysteine on glutathione production in critically ill neonatesSTEPHEN SHEW; Fiscal Year: 2007..The result of this investigation could ultimately change the standard nutritional and treatment practices for critically ill neonates in order to improve the outcome for these extremely fragile patients. ..
- Data Coordinating and Image Analysis for CRISP-IIKyongtae Bae; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITPablo Tebas; Fiscal Year: 2007..The investigators have credentials in basic and patient-oriented clinical research. ..
- Mitochondria And Metabolic Complications Of HIVPablo Tebas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In order to do this we will use a NASBA based assay to measure the mitochondrial DNA and RNA content in PBMCs, and use 2000 specimens collected longitudinally in 3 large ACTG studies. ..