magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography
Summary: Non-invasive diagnostic technique for visualizing the PANCREATIC DUCTS and BILE DUCTS. It has excellent sensitivity for duct dilatation, biliary stricture, and intraductal abnormalities.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- The double duct signJorge Ahualli
Department of Computed Tomography, Centro Radiológico Luis Méndez Collado, Muñecas 444, San Miguel de Tucuman, Tucuman 4000, Argentina
Radiology 244:314-5. 2007
- Hilar cholangiocarcinoma: resectability and radicality after routine diagnostic imagingGerd Otto
Department of Transplantation and Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:310-8. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the importance of a routine diagnostic workup for the surgical strategy, radicality, and results in patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Pineapple juice as a negative oral contrast agent in magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography: a preliminary evaluationR D Riordan
Department of Radiology, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, Cornwall TR1 3LJ, UK
Br J Radiol 77:991-9. 2004The quality of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) images is frequently degraded by high signal from the gastrointestinal tract...
- Low conjunction of the cystic duct with the common bile duct: does it correlate with the formation of common bile duct stones?I Tsitouridis
Radiology Department, Papageorgiou General Hospital, West Perifereiaki Street, N Efkarpia, Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Endosc 21:48-52. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC) in detecting variants of low cystic duct conjunction, which can be a source of confusion during surgery when unrecognized...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in obstructive jaundiceM D Vaishali
Department of Radiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:887-90. 2004To determine the ability of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) to diagnose the level and cause of obstruction in patients with obstructive jaundice.
- Magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography findings compared with fecal elastase 1 measurement for the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitisMehmet Bilgin
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
Pancreas 36:e33-9. 2008To correlate magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings of the pancreas with the pancreatic exocrine function determined by fecal elastase 1 concentration.
- Evaluation of gall bladder carcinoma with dynamic magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyR K Kaza
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Australas Radiol 50:212-7. 2006The objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of dynamic MRI with magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in the preoperative assessment of gall bladder carcinoma...
- Routine magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography and intra-operative cholangiogram in the evaluation of common bile duct stonesS J Dalton
Churchill Building, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 87:469-70. 2005b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is a safe and sensitive investigation for the imaging of common bile duct pathology...
- [Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) from a radiological and gastroenterological perspective]T J Vogl
Institut für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 134:1011-4. 2009Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in combination with magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is an integrated part in the diagnosis of bile-duct diseases and requires a standaridized complex examination technique...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography using a free-breathing T2-weighted turbo spin-echo sequence with navigator-triggered prospective acquisition correctionPatrick Asbach
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Schumannstr 20 21, Berlin 10098, Germany
Magn Reson Imaging 23:939-45. 2005..image quality of a respiratory-triggered T2-weighted (T2w) turbo spin-echo (TSE) sequence for magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) using a new method for respiratory triggering by tracking the motion of the right ..
- Value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography with secretin stimulation in the evaluation of pancreatic exocrine function after pancreaticogastrostomyHiroyuki Shinchi
First Department of Surgery, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, 890 8520, Kagoshima, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:50-5. 2004The aim of this study was to assess the value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography with secretin stimulation (secretin-MRCP) in evaluating the remnant pancreatic exocrine reserve after pancreaticogastrostomy with ..
- Diagnosis of early-stage chronic pancreatitis by secretin-enhanced magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyLaszlo Czako
First Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, P O Box 427, Szeged, H 6701, Hungary
J Gastroenterol 42:113-7. 2007..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) has recently been evolving as an important tool for the evaluation of chronic ..
- Miss rate of pancreas divisum by magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in clinical practiceMatthew L Carnes
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Digestive Disease Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2900, USA
Pancreas 37:151-3. 2008Pancreas divisum is the most common congenital abnormality of the pancreatic anatomy. Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography has emerged as a noninvasive method of examining the pancreatic ductal anatomy...
- Usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in biliary structures in infants: a four-case reportJunji Takaya
Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi Shi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 166:211-4. 2007In this paper, we report the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in excluding biliary atresia (BA) as the cause of neonatal cholestasis. MRCP with a 1...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography of biliary system abnormalities in childrenSuat Fitoz
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Imaging 31:93-101. 2007The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) with a single-shot fast spin-echo sequence as a noninvasive method to evaluate the biliary system in children.
- Pancreaticopleural fistula: an unusual complication of pancreatitis diagnosed with magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographySameer Vyas
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, 160012 Chandigarh, India
JOP 10:671-3. 2009..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is very useful in depicting parenchymal and ductal structural changes along with direct ..
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis in children: utility of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyGovind B Chavhan
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 38:868-73. 2008..The present gold standard, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), is invasive and associated with complications...
- Post-cholecystectomy syndrome: spectrum of biliary findings at magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyR Girometti
Institute of Radiology, University of Udine, via Colugna n 50, 33100 Udine, Italy
Br J Radiol 83:351-61. 2010..of its capability to provide non-invasive high-quality visualisation of the biliary tract, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) has been advocated as a reliable imaging tool for assessing patients with suspected PCS ..
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the preoperative assessment of patients with biliary pancreatitisE De Waele
Department of Surgery, VUB University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Pancreatology 7:347-51. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in detecting common bile duct (CBD) stones and associated pathologies in patients with ..
- Bronchobiliary fistula evaluated with magnetic resonance imagingA Ragozzino
UOSS RM Body Dipartimento di Radiologia Aorn Cardarelli Napoli, Italy
Acta Radiol 46:452-4. 2005..We present a case of BBF developing after hemihepatectomy in a 74-year-old man treated with endoscopic biliary drainage and illustrate MRCP findings...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyLiang Zhong
Department of Radiology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Chin J Dig Dis 5:139-48. 2004..Furthermore, when MRCP is performed in conjunction with abdominal MR and MR angiography, the 'all-in-one' examination can evaluate the solid organs and vessels of the abdomen as well as the ductal systems...
- Improving the safety of laparoscopic cholecystectomy: the routine use of preoperative magnetic resonance cholangiographyC Ausch
Department of Surgery, Danube Hospital, SMZ Ost, Langobardenstrasse 122, A 1220 Vienna, Austria
Surg Endosc 19:574-80. 2005..In addition, we used MRC to investigate possible variants of the cystic duct...
- Prospective comparison of secretin-stimulated magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography with manometry in the diagnosis of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction types II and IIIStephen P Pereira
Department of Gastroenterology, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
Gut 56:809-13. 2007..In sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD), sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM) predicts the response to sphincterotomy, but is invasive and associated with complications...
- Is magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography the new gold standard in biliary imaging?V Shanmugam
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Radiol 78:888-93. 2005..This study assessed the predictive value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in the diagnosis of biliary pathology...
- Comparison of endoscopic ultrasonography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnosis of pancreatobiliary diseases: a prospective studyGloria Fernández-Esparrach
Gastroenterology Department, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, CIBER HEPAD, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1632-9. 2007To compare the diagnostic value of endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in: (a) patients with a dilated biliary tree unexplained by ultrasonography (US) (group 1), and (b) the diagnosis ..
- Normal and pathologic features of the postoperative biliary tract at 3D MR cholangiopancreatography and MR imagingChristine Hoeffel
Department of Radiology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Radiographics 26:1603-20. 2006....
- Diffuse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: characteristic imaging featuresYoung Jun Choi
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Radiol 67:321-8. 2008..To evaluate imaging findings of diffuse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography accurately detects common bile duct stones in resolving gallstone pancreatitisAli H Hallal
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Ryder Trauma Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:869-75. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in detecting choledocholithiasis in this group of patients.
- [Value of magnetic resonance angiography combined with magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography on diagnosis for patients with carcinoma of head of pancreas]Chi hua Fang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:1379-82. 2005To study the value of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) combined with magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in the preoperative diagnosis of patients with carcinoma of head of pancreas.
- Can MRCP replace the diagnostic role of ERCP for patients with choledochal cysts?Do Hyun Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 62:360-6. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the accuracy of MRCP in detecting and determining the extent of choledochal cysts, as well as associated ductal anomalies or lesions...
- Bile duct leaks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: value of contrast-enhanced MRCPM Aduna
OSATEK, Unidad de Galdakao, Barrio Labeaga s n, Galdakao Vizcaya, 48960 Basque Country, Spain
Abdom Imaging 30:480-7. 2005..We assessed the role of mangafodipir-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) cholangiography in the detection and location of bile duct leaks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Quantification of pancreatic exocrine function with secretin-enhanced magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography: normal values and short-term effects of pancreatic duct drainage procedures in chronic pancreatitis. Initial resultsM A Bali
Department of Radiology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808, 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Radiol 15:2110-21. 2005..The initial results in CP patients have demonstrated non-invasively a significant short-term improvement of PFO and TEV after PDDP...
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography: a useful tool in the evaluation of pancreatic and biliary disordersAhmet Mesrur Halefoglu
Department of Radiology, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:2529-34. 2007b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is being used with increasing frequency as a noninvasive alternative to diagnostic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)...
- Usefulness of nonbreath-hold 1-shot magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography for the evaluation of choledochal cyst in childrenMitsuyoshi Suzuki
Department of Pediatrics, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:539-44. 2006The aim of this study was to clarify the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) for the evaluation of choledochal cyst in children.
- Navigator-triggered isotropic three-dimensional magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnosis of malignant biliary obstructions: comparison with direct cholangiographyJin Young Choi
Department of Radiology, and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:94-101. 2008..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of navigator-triggered isotropic three-dimensional (3D) MR cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) using parallel imaging for malignant biliary obstruction with direct cholangiography...
- Diagnosis of duct disruption and assessment of pancreatic leak with dynamic secretin-stimulated MR cholangiopancreatographyA R Gillams
Department of Medical Imaging, The Middlesex Hospital and University College London Medical School, Mortimer St, London W1T 3AA, England
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:499-506. 2006..We studied the role of secretin MR cholangiopancreatography in patients with suspected pancreatic duct disruption...
- MRCP-secretin test-guided management of idiopathic recurrent pancreatitis: long-term outcomesPier Alberto Testoni
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Division, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Istitutio de Recerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 67:1028-34. 2008..However, ERCP and sphincter of Oddi manometry may be nondiagnostic and postprocedure complications may be frequent...
- Duplication of the extrahepatic bile duct with anomalous union of the pancreaticobiliary ductal system revealed by MR cholangiopancreatographyE Choi
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, 138 736 Seoul, Korea
Br J Radiol 80:e150-4. 2007..This variant of a duplication of the extrahepatic biliary system has not been described previously in the literature...
- Unusual segmental stricture of the lower common bile duct mimicking bile duct cancerShuichiro Uchiyama
Department of Surgical Oncology and Regulation of Organ Function, Miyazaki University, School of Medicine, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 12:199-201. 2008..We report a case of unusual segmental stricture of the lower common bile duct mimicking bile duct cancer and discuss the differential diagnosis...
- Education and imaging. Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: isolated accessory pancreatic ductS Koide
Department of Gastroenterology, Hamamtsu Rosai Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:954. 2007
- [Comparison of 2D and 3D sequences for MRCP. Clinical value of the different techniques]A M Wallnoefer
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Grosshadern der Ludwig Maximilian Universität München
Radiologe 45:993-4, 996-1003. 2005....
- Total pancreatectomy for intraductal papillary-mucinous tumor of the pancreas: reappraisal of total pancreatectomyKoji Yamaguchi
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1585-90. 2005..Intraductal papillary-mucinous tumor (IPMT) of the pancreas is characterized by extensive intraductal spread and favorable outcome even in its invasive stage. The role of total pancreatectomy was reappraised in the treatment of IPMT...
- Complications of endoscopic retrograde cholangiography in the post-MRCP era: a tertiary center experienceTze Zen Ong
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, National University Hospital, 5, Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074 Singapore
World J Gastroenterol 11:5209-12. 2005..our experience in endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) in terms of fulfilling the ASGE guidelines in indications, positive findings, and complications in the post-magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) era.
- [Occult pancreatobiliary reflux and gallbladder carcinoma]Jin Kan Sai
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 64:448-50. 2006
- [Experience of diagnosis and treatment of carcinoma arising from congenital biliary duct cyst]Quan Da Liu
Institute of Hepatobiliary Surgery, General Hospital of People s Libration Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:839-41. 2005..To summarize the experience in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of carcinoma arising from congenital biliary duct cyst...
- Acute pancreatitis in children: 10-year experience in a medical centerChiu Fen Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Keelung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr Taiwan 47:192-6. 2006..Acute pancreatitis is uncommon in children compared with adults. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the etiologies, clinical presentations, image findings and outcome of children's acute pancreatitis...
- [Role of MR cholangiopancreatography in the evaluation of biliary disease]E Iannicelli
U O C di Radiodiagnostica, Ospedale Sant Andrea, II Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italia
Clin Ter 157:425-9. 2006....
- Long-term results of treatment for pancreaticobiliary maljunction without bile duct dilatationJiro Ohuchida
Department of Surgery 1, Miyazaki University School of Medicine, Miyazaki, Japan
Arch Surg 141:1066-70. 2006....
- Outcomes of surgery for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasYasuhiro Fujino
Division of Gastroenterological Surgery, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, 650 0017, Japan
World J Surg 30:1909-14; discussion 1915. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate outcomes of surgery for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas (IPMN) in terms of the clinicopathological features...
- IPMN-controversies in an "epidemic"C Max Schmidt
J Surg Oncol 94:91-3. 2006
- A case of intraductal papillary mucinous tumour following recurrent attacks of pancreatitis lasting 26 yearsL Landoni
Surgical Department, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:585-8. 2007..This report represents a slippery case of misdiagnosis and demonstrates that follow-up is always mandatory following a diagnosis of idiopathic chronic pancreatitis...
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided transgastric stenting of traumatic pancreatic pseudocystShantanu Rout
Academic Department of Surgery, St James University Hospital Leeds, United Kingdom
JOP 7:423-6. 2006..We report herein a case that was successfully managed by endoscopic ultrasound guided transgastric stent placement...
- Role of endoscopic ultrasound in the diagnosis of agenesis of the dorsal pancreasLaura Sempere
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
JOP 7:411-6. 2006..is based on four imaging studies: transabdominal ultrasonography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography and, the gold-standard, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography...
- Adjuvant treatment strategies for pancreatic cancerErika A Newman
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:916-26. 2006..Given the high failure pattern after surgical resection, with more than half of patients developing locoregional recurrence, all patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy are candidates for adjuvant therapy...
- AJR Teaching File: chronic nausea and vomiting with abdominal painJeremy L Friese
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:S445-8. 2006
- [Acute cholangitis: imaging diagnosis and management]B P Gallix
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU Montpellier, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
J Radiol 87:430-40. 2006..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and endoscopic sonography (EUS) are the most sensitive techniques to correctly determine ..
- MRCP of congenital pancreaticobiliary malformationT Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Abdom Imaging 32:129-33. 2007..Currently, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is one of the first choices for investigating and diagnosing pancreaticobiliary diseases ..
- [Pancreatobiliary maljunction. Not only an Eastern disease]J García Cano
Seccion de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Virgen de la Luz, Cuenca
An Med Interna 24:384-6. 2007..In conclusion, pancreatobiliary maljunction will be increasingly diagnosed in western communities and more diagnostic and therapeutic experience will be needed...
- [Severe post-sphincterotomy pancreatitis]L Dugue
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hôpital de Sainte Camille Bry sur Marne
J Chir (Paris) 144:330-5. 2007
- Autoimmune pancreatitis: a reviewIman Zandieh
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
World J Gastroenterol 13:6327-32. 2007..The characteristic laboratory features and imaging seen in autoimmune pancreatitis are reviewed along with some of the proposed diagnostic criteria and treatment algorithms...
- Idiopathic fibrosing pancreatitis in a 3-year-old girl: a case report and review of the literatureRula Harb
Division of Pediatric Digestive Disease and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:1335-40. 2005..We performed a magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography study as part of the workup of obstructive jaundice...
- Cancer of the papilla causing recurrent acute pancreatitis and mimicking a pancreatic stoneZ S Li
Department of Gastroenterology, Digestive Endoscopy Center, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Endoscopy 39:E2. 2007
- Diagnostic value of MRCP and indications for ERCPYuji Sakai
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:2212-5. 2007To assess the diagnostic value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and examine the indications for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
- Traumatic pancreatic duct injury in children: minimally invasive approach to managementChristophe H Houben
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS London, UK
J Pediatr Surg 42:629-35. 2007..The management of children with main pancreatic duct injuries is controversial. We report a series of patients with pancreatic trauma who were treated using minimally invasive techniques...
- Assessing the obstructed biliary system with computed tomographic duodenocholangiopancreatographyAnia Kielar
Department of Radiology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont
Can Assoc Radiol J 55:294-6. 2004
- Agenesis of the dorsal pancreas in a patient with recurrent acute pancreatitis: case report and reviewMustafa Guclu
Department of Gastroenterology, Baskent University, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Sk No 6 Yüreğir, Adana, Turkey
Gastrointest Endosc 60:472-5. 2004
- Coexistence of annular pancreas with carcinoma in the dorsal part of pancreas divisum: diagnostic value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyF Cholet
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU La Cavale Blanche, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, 29200, Brest, France
Abdom Imaging 29:703-6. 2004..This case report discusses the embryologic hypotheses underlying this peculiar association, highlights the capacities of imaging techniques to depict them, and enhances the performance of magnetic resonance imaging...
- Review of endoscopic techniques in the diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinomaKatherine Nguyen
Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:2995-9. 2008..In this article, we will review the endoscopic techniques available for the diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma...
- Intraductal papillary-mucinous adenoma developed in the ventral pancreas in a patient with pancreas divisumYoji Sakate
First Department of Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, 545 8585, Osaka, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:366-70. 2004..Although in these three patients the tumor developed in the dorsal pancreas, the tumor developed in the ventral pancreas in our patient...
- Pitfalls of MRCP in the diagnosis of pancreaticobiliary maljunctionTerumi Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
JOP 5:488-90. 2004b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is useful for examining the pancreatic duct system in patients with acute pancreatitis instead of using endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), as ERCP-induced ..
- Intraductal tubular adenoma, pyloric gland-type, of the pancreasH Fukatsu
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Endoscopy 39:E88-9. 2007
- [Autoimmune pancreatitis]Philippe Levy
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Presse Med 36:1925-34. 2007..Diagnosis depends on a body of clinical and radiologic evidence. The diagnostic value of serologic markers and especially of autoantibodies must be clarified in the future...
- [Obscure bile duct stenosis: diagnostic management]J F Riemann
Medizinische Klinik C, Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Diabetologie, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen gGmbH
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:S133-4. 2004
- Tropical pancreatitisRakesh K Tandon
Department of Gastroenterology, Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute for Liver, Renal and Digestive Diseases, New Delhi, India
Dig Dis 22:258-66. 2004..Surgical decompression of the main pancreatic duct by lateral pancreato-jejunostomy is reserved for patients with severe pain non-responsive to other forms of therapy...
- Endoscopic ultrasonography versus other diagnostic modalities in the diagnosis of choledocholithiasisSpiros N Sgouros
Department of Gastroenterology, Athens Naval and Veterans Hospital, Nafpaktias 5, Agia Paraskevi, 15341, Athens, Greece
Dig Dis Sci 51:2280-6. 2006....
- A single-center experience in the management of Altemeier-Klatskin tumorsKonstantinos Tsalis
Fourth Surgical Department, Aristotle University, Kalamaria 55133, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 16:383-9. 2007..the..
- [Current diagnostics and therapy for carcinomas of the biliary tree and gallbladder]M Wiedmann
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitat Leipzig
Z Gastroenterol 43:305-15. 2005..Radio- and chemotherapy should be reserved for clinical studies. New therapeutic approaches include brachytherapy, the use of modern chemotherapeutics, COX-2- and tyrosine kinase-receptor-inhibitors...
- Sequential progression and intraductal spread of invasive ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas arising from around the main pancreatic ductTakuma Tajiri
Department of Pathology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:745-8. 2005..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography showed an abrupt narrowing with the dilatation of the peripheral main pancreatic duct (MPD) in ..
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasiaKevin M McGrath
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, M2, C Wing, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 36:377-90, ix-x. 2007..In the absence of findings that correlate with malignancy, natural history is unknown. Management of these patients is controversial, and should be individualized based on surgical risk...
- [Update on endoscopic management of malignant obstructive jaundice]Ricardo Barinagarrementeria
Departamento de Endoscopia Digestiva, Hospital Angeles del Pedregal, Mexico, D F
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 70:95-106. 2005..The decision of placing a plastic or metallic stent will depend on the probable survival rate that the patient has. In tumors in the hila a previous magnetic resonance cholangiography plays a fundamental role in the therapeutic decision...
- Malignant biliary obstruction: value of imaging findingsC Stroszczynski
Radiology Charité Campus Virchow, Medical Faculty, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Abdom Imaging 30:314-23. 2005..are best accomplished with endoscopic ultrasound, contrast-enhanced computed tomography, and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography. Three-dimensional ultrasound is a new noninvasive method that may be used increasingly as an ..
- Autoimmune pancreatitisAlyssa M Krasinskas
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, UPMC Presbyterian, 200 Lothrop Street, A610, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 36:239-57, vii. 2007..The treatment of choice for AIP is steroid therapy. Diagnostic criteria for AIP have been proposed that incorporate histologic, radiographic, serologic, and clinical information...
- [Different appearances--autoimmune pancreatitis in image producing procedures]Renate Ronge
Rofo 177:490. 2005
- [Autoimmune pancreatitis--a rare and difficult differential diagnosis to pancreatic cancer]Arnulf Breuer
Klinikverbund Südwest Krankenhaus Nagold, Interdisziplinäres Bauchzentrum, Nagold, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 102:157-62. 2007..Autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP) is a rare disorder. Typical clinical symptoms include extrahepatic cholestasis, abdominal pain, and weight loss...
- [The role of multi-detector-row computed tomograph in the diagnosis of intraductal papillary-mucinous tumors of the pancreas in comparison to endoscopic retrograde pancreatography, endoscopic ultrasonography, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography]Shunji Arikawa
Department of Radiology, Kurume University School of Medicine
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 104:373-80. 2007..CT (MD-CT) in addition to endoscopic retrograde pancreatography (ERP), and, in 27 cases magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)...
- A case report of a 39-year-old male with choledochal cyst mimicking pancreatic pseudocystJan Dostalik
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Ostrava, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 54:393-6. 2007..After provisional percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage, a duodenohemipancreatectomy was performed with complete cyst excision. Until now, nine months later, the patient has shown absolutely no clinical difficulties...
- Patient with markedly elevated CA 19-9 not associated with malignancyDouglas Lowe
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Medical College of Georgia and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
South Med J 99:306-8. 2006..This case illustrates the fact that a markedly elevated CA 19-9 can be secondary to causes other than carcinoma...
- Pylorus-preserving total pancreatectomy for an intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasm of the pancreasMitsuhiro Inagaki
Department of Surgery, Asahikawa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:264-9. 2007..We herein reappraise the role of pylorus-preserving total pancreatectomy (PPTP) as a viable alternative pancreatic resection modality for borderline and malignant IPMN...
- Distinguishing benign from malignant intraductal papillary mucinous tumors of the pancreas by imaging techniquesTakeshi Baba
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Pancreas 29:212-7. 2004..It is often difficult to differentiate benign from malignant intraductal papillary mucinous tumors (IPMTs). This study aimed to differentiate them using various imaging techniques...
- Bile leaks from the duct of Luschka (subvesical duct): a reviewConstantine P Spanos
Department of Surgery, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Langenbecks Arch Surg 391:441-7. 2006..Injuries to these ducts are the second most frequent cause of postcholecystectomy bile leaks...
- Combined use of endosonography and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in the same sessionBelkis Unsal
Department of, Gastroenterology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir
Turk J Gastroenterol 22:54-9. 2011....
- Obstructive jaundice and cholangitis caused by an arterial ring of the proper hepatic artery around the common bile ductDragoljub Bilanovic
Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Med Sci Monit 17:CS91-93. 2011..Anatomic variations are frequent in this region; however, it has rarely been reported that the extrahepatic bile duct is compressed by the arterial vessels...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma with obstructive jaundice: diagnosis, treatment and prognosisLun Xiu Qin
Liver Cancer Institute, Fudan University, 136 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:385-91. 2003..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is superior to ERCP in interpreting the cause and depicting the anatomical extent of the ..
- Potential impact of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography on endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography workload and complication rate in patients referred because of abdominal painR J Farrell
Dept of Clinical Medicine, St James Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Endoscopy 33:668-75. 2001..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) is a safer, noninvasive method of imaging the pancreaticobiliary tree...
- 18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography enhances computed tomography diagnosis of malignant intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasCosimo Sperti
IV Surgical Clinic, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg 246:932-7; discussion 937-9. 2007....
- Short- versus long-sequence MRI cholangiography for the preoperative imaging of the common bile duct in patients with cholecystolithiasisA Shamiyeh
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Operative Laparoscopy, 2nd Surgical Department, Academic Teaching Hospital, Linz, Krankenhausstrasse 9, 4020 Linz, Austria
Surg Endosc 19:1130-4. 2005....
- Surgical management of complications associated with percutaneous and/or endoscopic management of pseudocyst of the pancreasWilliam H Nealon
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0544, USA
Ann Surg 241:948-57; discussion 957-60. 2005..These are compared with complications associated with operative management...
- Marked eosinophilia as the first manifestation of sclerosing cholangitisKatsuhiko Horiuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Kusunoki Hospital, Fujioka
Intern Med 48:1377-82. 2009..b>Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) demonstrated a slight dilatation of the left intrahepatic bile ducts, but no clear ..
- Comparative diagnostic evaluation with MR cholangiopancreatography, ultrasonography and CT in patients with pancreatobiliary diseaseS Maurea
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali DSBMF, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Italy
Radiol Med 114:390-402. 2009The aim of this study was to directly compare the results of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) with those of ultrasonography (US) and multislice computed tomography (MSCT) in the diagnosis of pancreaticobiliary diseases.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of cholangiocarcinomaRiccardo Manfredi
Department of Radiology, A Gemelli University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Semin Liver Dis 24:155-64. 2004..On magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) images, hilar cholangiocarcinoma appears as a moderately irregular thickening of the ..
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in cholestatic diseasesC Bolukbas
Department of Internal Medicine, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 52:705-8. 2005To evaluate the usefulness of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in cholestasis.
- Pilot Prospective Study of Minor Papilla Endoscopic Sphincterotomy for Pancreas DJoseph Romagnuolo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and (secretin-stimulated-) magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography ((ss-)MRCP) can detect PDiv...
- ENDOSCOPIC ULTRASOUND & MAGNETIC RESONANCE CHOLANGIOPANCREATOGRAPHY VPARTHA NANDI; Fiscal Year: 1999..The two most important alternative imaging modalities are Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and both have been individually compared with ERCP for detection of biliary disease...
- ENDOSCOPIC ULTRASOUND & MAGNETIC RESONANCE CHOLANGIOPANCREATOGRAPHY VPARTHA NANDI; Fiscal Year: 2000..The two most important alternative imaging modalities are Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and both have been individually compared with ERCP for detection of biliary disease...
- ENDOSCOPIC ULTRASOUND & MAGNETIC RESONANCE CHOLANGIOPANCREATOGRAPHY VPARTHA NANDI; Fiscal Year: 1999..The two most important alternative imaging modalities are Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and both have been individually compared with ERCP for detection of biliary disease...
- 3D Modeling Software for ERCPJOSEPH TASTO; Fiscal Year: 2004..can semi-automatically generate a 3D polygonal model of the biliary and pancreatic ducts from a magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) data set...
- Biomedical Imaging for Clinician ScientistsFergus Coakley; Fiscal Year: 2008..These new resources will further increase the ability of the department and institution to attract researchers and continue the long tradition of ground breaking, cutting edge Biomedical Imaging at UCSF. ..
- Advanced Anatomic and Functional Response Assessment in Lung CancerLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To determine if the use of a continuous scale best overall response better predicts than the categorical response assessment currently used. ..
- Biomedical Imaging for Clinician ScientistsFergus Coakley; Fiscal Year: 2007..These new resources will further increase the ability of the department and institution to attract researchers and continue the long tradition of ground breaking, cutting edge Biomedical Imaging at UCSF. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Computer Aided Liver Lesion Detection AlgorithmLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Clearly this is the first step in a process of development and if successful will lead to further efforts in automated detection and characterization. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..