Genomes and Genes
diffusion magnetic resonance imaging
Summary: A diagnostic technique that incorporates the measurement of molecular diffusion (such as water or metabolites) for tissue assessment by MRI. The degree of molecular movement can be measured by changes of apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) with time, as reflected by tissue microstructure. Diffusion MRI has been used to study BRAIN ISCHEMIA and tumor response to treatment.
Publications327 found, 100 shown here
- Diffusion tensor imaging detects and differentiates axon and myelin degeneration in mouse optic nerve after retinal ischemiaSheng Kwei Song
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neuroimage 20:1714-22. 2003....
- Tract-based spatial statistics: voxelwise analysis of multi-subject diffusion dataStephen M Smith
Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain FMRIB, Dept Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, UK
Neuroimage 31:1487-505. 2006..TBSS aims to improve the sensitivity, objectivity and interpretability of analysis of multi-subject diffusion imaging studies. We describe TBSS in detail and present example TBSS results from several diffusion imaging studies...
- The basis of anisotropic water diffusion in the nervous system - a technical reviewChristian Beaulieu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
NMR Biomed 15:435-55. 2002..Pertinent pathological models, developmental studies and theoretical analyses provide further insight into the basis of anisotropic diffusion and its potential utility in the nervous system...
- Dysmyelination revealed through MRI as increased radial (but unchanged axial) diffusion of waterSheng Kwei Song
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Neuroimage 17:1429-36. 2002..Although further validation is still needed, our finding suggests that changes in lambda(perpendicular) and lambda(parallel) may potentially be used to differentiate myelin loss versus axonal injury...
- Characterization and propagation of uncertainty in diffusion-weighted MR imagingT E J Behrens
Oxford Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain FMRIB, Oxford, UK
Magn Reson Med 50:1077-88. 2003..This technique is then applied to the estimation of the cortical connectivity of the human thalamus. The resulting connectivity distributions correspond well with predictions from invasive tracer methods in nonhuman primate...
- Mapping anatomical connectivity patterns of human cerebral cortex using in vivo diffusion tensor imaging tractographyGaolang Gong
Department of Biomedical Engineering, 1098 Research Transition Facility, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Cereb Cortex 19:524-36. 2009..Our results are compatible with previous structural and functional brain networks studies and provide insight into the organizational principles of human brain anatomical networks that underlie functional states...
- Non-invasive mapping of connections between human thalamus and cortex using diffusion imagingT E J Behrens
Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Nat Neurosci 6:750-7. 2003..Our results provide the first quantitative demonstration of reliable inference of anatomical connectivity between human gray matter structures using diffusion data and the first connectivity-based segmentation of gray matter...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging as a cancer biomarker: consensus and recommendationsAnwar R Padhani
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, London, UK
Neoplasia 11:102-25. 2009..There is an extraordinary opportunity for DW-MRI to evolve into a clinically valuable imaging tool, potentially important for drug development...
- Reproducibility of quantitative tractography methods applied to cerebral white matterSetsu Wakana
F M Kirby Center for Functional Brain Imaging, Kennedy Krieger Institute Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroimage 36:630-44. 2007..Hemispheric asymmetry was observed for the size of white matter tracts projecting to the temporal lobe. This protocol provides guidelines for reproducible DTI-based tract-specific quantification...
- Diffusion-weighted MRI in the body: applications and challenges in oncologyDow Mu Koh
Cancer Research UK Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1622-35. 2007..The challenges to widespread adoption of the technique for cancer imaging in the body are discussed...
- Q-ball imagingDavid S Tuch
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:1358-72. 2004..Open aspects of the q-ball reconstruction algorithm are discussed...
- Demyelination increases radial diffusivity in corpus callosum of mouse brainSheng Kwei Song
Department of Radiology, Biomedical MR Laboratory, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neuroimage 26:132-40. 2005..Radial diffusivity offers a specific assessment of demyelination and remyelination, as distinct from acute axonal damage...
- Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)-based white matter mapping in brain research: a reviewYaniv Assaf
Department of Neurobiochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Mol Neurosci 34:51-61. 2008..This review summarizes the development of DTI in the last decade with respect to the specificity and utility of the technique in radiology and anatomy studies...
- Robust determination of the fibre orientation distribution in diffusion MRI: non-negativity constrained super-resolved spherical deconvolutionJ Donald Tournier
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Neuroimage 35:1459-72. 2007..This should allow tractography algorithms to be designed that are able to track reliably through crossing fibre regions...
- Tract probability maps in stereotaxic spaces: analyses of white matter anatomy and tract-specific quantificationKegang Hua
Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroimage 39:336-47. 2008..Excellent correlation was found between the automated and the individual tractography-based results. This tool allows efficient initial screening of the status of multiple white matter tracts...
- Looking into the functional architecture of the brain with diffusion MRIDenis Le Bihan
Anatomical and Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, and Federative Institute of Functional Neuroimaging IFR 49, 4 Place du General Leclerc, 91401 Orsay, France
Nat Rev Neurosci 4:469-80. 2003
- Studying the human brain anatomical network via diffusion-weighted MRI and Graph TheoryYasser Iturria-Medina
Neuroimaging Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Avenue 25, Esq 158, 15202, PO Box 6412, Cubanacan, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 40:1064-76. 2008..These results are in agreement with previous anatomical studies in the cat and macaque cerebral cortex...
- Direct estimation of the fiber orientation density function from diffusion-weighted MRI data using spherical deconvolutionJ Donald Tournier
Radiology and Physics Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, WC1N 1EH, UK
Neuroimage 23:1176-85. 2004..5-T clinical scanner. The technique can recover the fiber ODF in regions of multiple fiber crossing and holds promise for applications such as tractography...
- Diffusion spectrum magnetic resonance imaging (DSI) tractography of crossing fibersV J Wedeen
Department of Radiology, MGH Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuroimage 41:1267-77. 2008..These findings indicate that DSI tractography is able to image crossing fibers in neural tissue, an essential step toward non-invasive imaging of connectional neuroanatomy...
- Absolute diffusivities define the landscape of white matter degeneration in Alzheimer's diseaseJulio Acosta-Cabronero
School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0SZ, UK
Brain 133:529-39. 2010..This prediction can be tested in vivo by diffusion magnetic resonance imaging. Most diffusion tensor imaging studies of white matter in neurodegenerative disorders such as ..
- Orientationally invariant indices of axon diameter and density from diffusion MRIDaniel C Alexander
Centre for Medical Image Computing, Department of Computer Science, University College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 52:1374-89. 2010..for imaging orientationally invariant indices of axon diameter and density in white matter using diffusion magnetic resonance imaging. Such indices potentially provide more specific markers of white matter microstructure than ..
- Probabilistic fiber tracking using the residual bootstrap with constrained spherical deconvolutionBen Jeurissen
Vision Lab, Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
Hum Brain Mapp 32:461-79. 2011..In addition, the performance of the proposed method is compared to state-of-the-art DTI residual bootstrap tractography and to an existing probabilistic CSD tractography algorithm using clinical DW data...
- Topography of the human corpus callosum revisited--comprehensive fiber tractography using diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imagingSabine Hofer
Biomedizinische NMR Forschungs GmbH am Max Planck Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, 37070 Gottingen, Germany
Neuroimage 32:989-94. 2006..In conclusion, DTI-based fiber tractography of healthy human subjects suggests a modification of the widely accepted Witelson scheme and a new classification of vertical CC partitions...
- DtiStudio: resource program for diffusion tensor computation and fiber bundle trackingHangyi Jiang
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, 217 Traylor Building, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 81:106-16. 2006..The program is developed using C++ and OpenGL on a Windows platform...
- About "axial" and "radial" diffusivitiesClaudia A M Wheeler-Kingshott
University College London, Institute of Neurology, Department of Neuroinflammation, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 61:1255-60. 2009....
- Mapping complex tissue architecture with diffusion spectrum magnetic resonance imagingVan J Wedeen
Department of Radiology, MGH Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:1377-86. 2005..Finally, the relation between the presented model-free imaging technique and other available diffusion MRI schemes is discussed...
- Fiber tracking: principles and strategies - a technical reviewSusumu Mori
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
NMR Biomed 15:468-80. 2002..Special attention is paid to situations where complications may arise, and possible solutions are reviewed. Validation issues and potential future directions and improvements are also discussed...
- Mapping human whole-brain structural networks with diffusion MRIPatric Hagmann
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland Signal Processing Institute, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 2:e597. 2007..For two human subjects we find that their individual brain networks have an exponential node degree distribution and that their global organization is in the form of a small world...
- Association fibre pathways of the brain: parallel observations from diffusion spectrum imaging and autoradiographyJeremy D Schmahmann
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston MA 02114, USA
Brain 130:630-53. 2007..By replicating the major features of these tracts identified by histological techniques in monkey, we show that DSI has the potential to cast new light on the organization of the human brain in the normal state and in clinical disorders...
- The geometric structure of the brain fiber pathwaysVan J Wedeen
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital MGH, Harvard Medical School and the MGH Massachussetts Institute of Technology, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Science 335:1628-34. 2012..crossing between cerebral fiber pathways in four nonhuman primate species and in humans by using diffusion magnetic resonance imaging. The cerebral fiber pathways formed a rectilinear three-dimensional grid continuous with the three ..
- Perisylvian language networks of the human brainMarco Catani
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, DeCrespigny Park, London SE5 8AZ, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 57:8-16. 2005..The anatomical findings are also relevant to the evolution of language, provide a framework for Lichtheim's symptom-based neurological model of aphasia, and constrain, anatomically, contemporary connectionist accounts of language...
- Principles of diffusion tensor imaging and its applications to basic neuroscience researchSusumu Mori
Department of Radiology, Division of NMR, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 51:527-39. 2006..The strengths and limitations of DTI and key areas for future research and development are also discussed...
- RESTORE: robust estimation of tensors by outlier rejectionLin Ching Chang
Section on Tissue Biophysics and Biomimetics, Laboratory of Integrative Medicine and Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:1088-95. 2005..The RESTORE method could potentially remove the need for cardiac gating in DWI acquisitions and should be applicable to other MR imaging techniques that use univariate or multivariate regression to fit MRI data to a model...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease: a reviewTerence C Chua
Neuropsychiatric Institute, Euroa Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Curr Opin Neurol 21:83-92. 2008..To provide a comprehensive review of diffusion tensor imaging in evaluating microstructural changes in the spectrum of cognitive decline from ageing to Alzheimer's disease, in particular focusing on mild cognitive impairment...
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging in the head and neckHarriet C Thoeny
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse 10, University of Bern, Bern CH 3010, Switzerland
Radiology 263:19-32. 2012....
- High angular resolution diffusion imaging reveals intravoxel white matter fiber heterogeneityDavid S Tuch
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Magn Reson Med 48:577-82. 2002..The multitensor reconstruction resolved multiple intravoxel fiber populations corresponding to known fiber anatomy. Ma..
- Direct and fast detection of neuronal activation in the human brain with diffusion MRIDenis Le Bihan
Human Brain Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8263-8. 2006..Although the exact mechanisms remain to clarify, access to such an early and direct physiological marker of cortical activation with MRI will provide opportunities for functional neuroimaging of the human brain...
- Human brain white matter atlas: identification and assignment of common anatomical structures in superficial white matterKenichi Oishi
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroimage 43:447-57. 2008..We anticipate that this atlas will be useful resource for atlas-based white matter anatomical studies...
- The effect of filter size on VBM analyses of DT-MRI dataDerek K Jones
Neuroimaging Research Group, Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Neuroimage 26:546-54. 2005....
- Meta-analysis of diffusion tensor imaging studies in schizophreniaIan Ellison-Wright
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Salisbury, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 108:3-10. 2009..This suggests that two networks of white matter tracts may be affected in schizophrenia, with the potential for 'disconnection' of the gray matter regions which they link...
- Apparent Fibre Density: a novel measure for the analysis of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imagesDavid Raffelt
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Neuroimage 59:3976-94. 2012..In addition to corroborating previous findings in MND, this study demonstrates the clear advantage of using this type of analysis by identifying differences along single fibre bundles in regions containing multiple fibre populations...
- Comparison of diffusion-weighted MR imaging and FDG PET/CT to predict pathological complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with breast cancerSang Hee Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Eur Radiol 22:18-25. 2012..To compare the use of diffusion-weighted MR imaging (DWI) and (18)F-FDG PET/CT to predict pathological complete response (pCR) in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Intravoxel incoherent motion imaging of tumor microenvironment in locally advanced breast cancerE E Sigmund
Department of Radiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Magn Reson Med 65:1437-47. 2011..These results suggest the potential of intravoxel incoherent motion vascular and cellular biomarkers for initial grading, progression monitoring, or treatment assessment of breast tumors...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer-response evaluation and prediction of response to treatment using dynamic contrast-enhanced and diffusion-weighted MR imagingA Fangberget
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Montebello, 0310, Oslo, Norway
Eur Radiol 21:1188-99. 2011....
- Microstructural maturation of the human brain from childhood to adulthoodC LeBel
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Room 1098 Research Transition Facility, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2V2
Neuroimage 40:1044-55. 2008..These in vivo results expand upon previous postmortem and imaging studies and provide quantitative measures indicative of the progression and magnitude of regional human brain maturation...
- Nerve fiber impairment of anterior thalamocortical circuitry in juvenile myoclonic epilepsyM Deppe
Department of Neurology, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Neurology 71:1981-5. 2008..Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy (JME) is a syndrome of idiopathic generalized epilepsy (IGE) without structural brain abnormalities detectable by MRI or CT...
- Diffusion tensor imaging segments the human amygdala in vivoEugenia Solano-Castiella
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Stephanstrasse 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroimage 49:2958-65. 2010..This segmentation technique has important implications for functional studies in the processing of emotions, cognitive function, and psychiatric disorders and in studying morphometry and volumetry of amygdala subdivisions...
- Diffusion imaging of whole, post-mortem human brains on a clinical MRI scannerKarla L Miller
FMRIB Centre, Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Neuroimage 57:167-81. 2011..Despite these alterations, diffusion tractography of several major tracts is successfully demonstrated at both resolutions. We also report novel findings of cortical anisotropy and partial volume effects...
- Does diffusion kurtosis imaging lead to better neural tissue characterization? A rodent brain maturation studyMatthew M Cheung
Laboratory of Biomedical Imaging and Signal Processing, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Neuroimage 45:386-92. 2009..Such imaging advance can provide a better MR diffusion characterization of neural tissues, both WM and GM, in normal, developmental and pathological states...
- Malignant astrocytic tumors: clinical importance of apparent diffusion coefficient in prediction of grade and prognosisShuichi Higano
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, 980 8574, Japan
Radiology 241:839-46. 2006..To retrospectively assess the apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) for prediction of malignancy and prognosis of malignant astrocytic tumors...
- Diffusion-based tractography in neurological disorders: concepts, applications, and future developmentsOlga Ciccarelli
Department of Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neurology, University College London, Queen Square, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 7:715-27. 2008..This Review will outline the limitations of tractography, describe its current clinical applications in the most common neurological diseases, and highlight future opportunities...
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of kidneys in healthy volunteers and patients with parenchymal diseases: initial experienceHarriet C Thoeny
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Radiology 235:911-7. 2005....
- Assessing the effects of age on long white matter tracts using diffusion tensor tractographySimon W Davis
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke University, PO Box 90999, LSRC Bldg, Room B254, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Neuroimage 46:530-41. 2009..Taken together, the results help to clarify how age-related white matter decline impairs cognitive performance...
- Resolving crossing fibres using constrained spherical deconvolution: validation using diffusion-weighted imaging phantom dataJ Donald Tournier
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Neuroimage 42:617-25. 2008..The quality of estimation of fibre orientations may profoundly affect fibre tracking attempts, and the results presented provide important additional information regarding performance characteristics of well-known methods...
- Age-related alterations in white matter microstructure measured by diffusion tensor imagingD H Salat
MGH MIT HMS Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, MA 02129 2060, USA
Neurobiol Aging 26:1215-27. 2005..These findings suggest that WM alterations are variable throughout the brain and that particular fiber populations within prefrontal region and PLIC are most vulnerable to age-related degeneration...
- The effect of gradient sampling schemes on measures derived from diffusion tensor MRI: a Monte Carlo studyDerek K Jones
Section on Tissue Biophysics and Biomimetics, Laboratory of Integrative Medicine and Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5772, USA
Magn Reson Med 51:807-15. 2004....
- Liver cirrhosis: intravoxel incoherent motion MR imaging--pilot studyAlain Luciani
INSERM Unite U 841, Equipe 17, Molecular Mechanisms of Liver Fibrosis, Creteil, France
Radiology 249:891-9. 2008....
- White matter structure in autism: preliminary evidence from diffusion tensor imagingNaama Barnea-Goraly
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:323-6. 2004..Prior studies have suggested that abnormal connections between brain regions important for social cognition may contribute to the social deficits seen in autism...
- Diffusion tensor imaging of post mortem multiple sclerosis brainKlaus Schmierer
Institute of Neurology, University College London, NMR Research Unit, Box 117, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 35:467-77. 2007..70, p<0.001) and (ii) MD (r=-0.66, p<0.001). In conclusion, this study suggests that FA and MD are affected by myelin content and - to a lesser degree - axonal count in post mortem MS brain...
- Deterministic and probabilistic tractography based on complex fibre orientation distributionsMaxime Descoteaux
LNAO Laboratory, Neurospin, CEA Saclay, 91191 Paris, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:269-86. 2009..Most current diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)-based methods neglect these fibres, which might lead to incorrect interpretations of brain functions...
- Composite hindered and restricted model of diffusion (CHARMED) MR imaging of the human brainYaniv Assaf
Functional Brain Imaging Unit, The Wohl Institute for Advanced Imaging, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Neuroimage 27:48-58. 2005..We also provide here an experimental design and analysis framework to implement CHARMED MRI that is feasible on human clinical scanners...
- AxCaliber: a method for measuring axon diameter distribution from diffusion MRIYaniv Assaf
Department of Neurobiology, The George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Magn Reson Med 59:1347-54. 2008..Applications are expected in longitudinal studies designed to follow nerve growth in normal and abnormal development, as well as in diagnosing disorders and diseases affecting specific populations of axons in the CNS and PNS...
- Diffusion tensor imaging of cingulum fibers in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer diseaseY Zhang
MR Unit 114M, VA Medical Center, 4150, Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Neurology 68:13-9. 2007..However, it is unclear whether these abnormalities also impact the cingulum fibers, which connect the medial temporal lobe and the posterior cingulate regions...
- Diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging of Wallerian degeneration in rat spinal cord after dorsal root axotomyJiangyang Zhang
Russel H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 29:3160-71. 2009..These data suggest that there is an early imaging signature associated with axon transections that could be used in a variety of neurological disease processes...
- Integration of quantitative DCE-MRI and ADC mapping to monitor treatment response in human breast cancer: initial resultsThomas E Yankeelov
Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 2310, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 25:1-13. 2007....
- An in vivo verification of the intravoxel incoherent motion effect in diffusion-weighted imaging of the abdomenAndreas Lemke
Department of Computer Assisted Clinical Medicine, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Magn Reson Med 64:1580-5. 2010..31). These results verify a vascular contribution to the diffusion weighted imaging measurement at low b values and support the Intra Voxel Incoherent Motion-theory...
- Differentiation of clinically benign and malignant breast lesions using diffusion-weighted imagingYong Guo
Department of Radiology, General Navy Hospital, Beijing, China
J Magn Reson Imaging 16:172-8. 2002..To evaluate the value of diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) in distinguishing between benign and malignant breast lesions...
- The 'wet mind': water and functional neuroimagingDenis Le Bihan
Neurospin, Bâtiment 145, CEA Saclay, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Phys Med Biol 52:R57-90. 2007..The biophysical mechanisms of brain activation are then reassessed to reveal their intimacy with the physical properties of water, which may come to be regarded as the 'molecule of the mind'...
- Axial diffusivity is the primary correlate of axonal injury in the experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis spinal cord: a quantitative pixelwise analysisMatthew D Budde
Department of Radiology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 29:2805-13. 2009..The results demonstrate a strong, quantitative relationship between axial diffusivity and axonal damage and show that anisotropy is not specific for axonal damage after inflammatory demyelination...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in preclinical and presymptomatic carriers of familial Alzheimer's disease mutationsJohn M Ringman
UCLA Department of Neurology, Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, 10911 Weyburn Ave, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7226, USA
Brain 130:1767-76. 2007..Decreased FA in of the columns of the fornix is particularly robust in early FAD and may provide a biomarker for early disease in sporadic Alzheimer's disease...
- FDG PET/CT and diffusion-weighted imaging of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: comparison of prognostic significance between primary tumor standardized uptake value and apparent diffusion coefficientMasatoyo Nakajo
Department of Radiology, Field of Oncology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 37:475-80. 2012....
- Diffusion MRI of complex neural architectureDavid S Tuch
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Room 2301, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuron 40:885-95. 2003..The ability of q-ball imaging to resolve complex intravoxel fiber architecture eliminates a key obstacle to mapping neural connectivity in the human brain noninvasively...
- Regionally-specific diffusion tensor imaging in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseM M Mielke
Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroimage 46:47-55. 2009....
- Apparent diffusion coefficient value of diffusion-weighted imaging for hepatocellular carcinoma: correlation with the histologic differentiation and the expression of vascular endothelial growth factorSuk Hee Heo
Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, Jeollanam, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:295-303. 2010....
- NODDI: practical in vivo neurite orientation dispersion and density imaging of the human brainHui Zhang
Department of Computer Science and Centre for Medical Image Computing, University College London, UK
Neuroimage 61:1000-16. 2012..This demonstrates the feasibility of NODDI even for the most time-sensitive clinical applications, such as neonatal and dementia imaging...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairmentG T Stebbins
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Behav Neurol 21:39-49. 2009..DTI is an evolving technique and advances in its application ought to provide new insights into AD and MCI...
- Addressing a systematic vibration artifact in diffusion-weighted MRIDaniel Gallichan
Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 31:193-202. 2010..We also demonstrate that the artifact may be avoided by acquiring full k-space data, and that subsequent increases in TE can be avoided by employing parallel acceleration...
- Quantitative diffusion tensor MR imaging of the brain: field strength related variance of apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) and fractional anisotropy (FA) scalarsThierry A G M Huisman
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 16:1651-8. 2006..Comparative clinical studies using ADC or FA values should consequently compare ADC or FA results with normative ADC or FA values that have been determined for the field strength used...
- Connectivity-based parcellation of human cortex using diffusion MRI: Establishing reproducibility, validity and observer independence in BA 44/45 and SMA/pre-SMAJohannes C Klein
Oxford Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Neuroimage 34:204-11. 2007....
- "Squashing peanuts and smashing pumpkins": how noise distorts diffusion-weighted MR dataDerek K Jones
Section on Tissue Biophysics and Biomimetics, Laboratory of Integrative Medicine and Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5772, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:979-93. 2004..Finally, we demonstrate a strategy for ameliorating the rectified noise artifact in data collected at higher b values...
- High-resolution diffusion tensor imaging in the substantia nigra of de novo Parkinson diseaseD E Vaillancourt
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1919 West Taylor, 650 AHSB, MC 994, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neurology 72:1378-84. 2009....
- Validation of in vitro probabilistic tractographyTim B Dyrby
Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Neuroimage 37:1267-77. 2007..Nevertheless, we conclude that DWI tractography can be a precise tool in studying anatomical brain connectivity...
- Characterizing brain anatomical connections using diffusion weighted MRI and graph theoryY Iturria-Medina
Neuroimaging Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Cubanacan, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 36:645-60. 2007..Results show that nervous fiber pathways between some regions of interest were reconstructed correctly. Additionally, mean connectivity maps of ACS, ACD and ACP between 71 gray matter structures for five healthy subjects are presented...
- Diffusion-tensor MR imaging and tractography: exploring brain microstructure and connectivityPaolo G P Nucifora
Department of Radiology, Sections of Neuroradiology and Biomedical Image Analysis, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiology 245:367-84. 2007..This article will review the principles of diffusion contrast and anisotropy, as well as clinical applications in psychiatric, developmental, neurodegenerative, neoplastic, demyelinating, and other types of disease...
- Atlasing location, asymmetry and inter-subject variability of white matter tracts in the human brain with MR diffusion tractographyMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
Natbrainlab, Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 54:49-59. 2011..This study suggests that DTI-derived maps can be used together with a previous histological atlas to establish the relationship of focal lesions with nearby tracts and improve clinico-anatomical correlation...
- Assessment of breast lesions with diffusion-weighted MRI: comparing the use of different b valuesFernanda Philadelpho Arantes Pereira
Clinica de Diagnostico por Imagem, Rua Ataulfo de Paiva, 669, 2nd Floor, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, 22649 900
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1030-5. 2009..Our purpose was to study the utility of diffusion-weighted MRI in differentiating benign from malignant breast lesions by assessing the best b values...
- Correcting eddy current and motion effects by affine whole-brain registrations: evaluation of three-dimensional distortions and comparison with slicewise correctionSiawoosh Mohammadi
Department of Neurology, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Straße 33, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Magn Reson Med 64:1047-56. 2010....
- Diffusion-tensor MRI: theory, experimental design and data analysis - a technical reviewPeter J Basser
Section on Tissue Biophysics and Biomimetics, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
NMR Biomed 15:456-67. 2002..Finally, we describe new statistical methods that have been developed to analyse DT-MRI data, and their potential uses in clinical and multi-site studies...
- White matter integrity and cognition in chronic traumatic brain injury: a diffusion tensor imaging studyMarilyn F Kraus
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Brain 130:2508-19. 2007..The more severe injuries impact both. DTI provides an objective means for determining the relationship of cognitive deficits to TBI, even in cases where the injury was sustained years prior to the evaluation...
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the liverBachir Taouli
Department of Radiology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Radiology 254:47-66. 2010..Also, limitations, mainly image quality and reproducibility of diffusion parameters, and future directions of liver DW MR imaging will be discussed...
- Extent of microstructural white matter injury in postconcussive syndrome correlates with impaired cognitive reaction time: a 3T diffusion tensor imaging study of mild traumatic brain injuryS N Niogi
Department of Psychiatry, Sackler Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:967-73. 2008..We hypothesized that for mild TBI, DTI measures of DAI would correlate with impairments in reaction time, whereas the number of focal lesions on conventional 3T MR imaging would not...
- Reduced structural connectivity in ventral visual cortex in congenital prosopagnosiaCibu Thomas
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:29-31. 2009..Our findings suggest that white-matter fibers in ventral occipito-temporal cortex support the integrated function of a distributed cortical network that subserves normal face processing...
- Water diffusion compartmentation at high b values in ischemic human brainPierre Brugieres
Department of Neuroradiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Tassigny, Creteil, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:692-8. 2004..We studied the evolution of brain water compartments during the early stage of ischemic stroke...
- Log-Euclidean metrics for fast and simple calculus on diffusion tensorsVincent Arsigny
INRIA Sophia, Epidaure Research Project, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Magn Reson Med 56:411-21. 2006..The comparison is carried out on interpolation and regularization tasks on synthetic and clinical 3D DTI data...
- Quantitative diffusion tensor MRI fiber tractography of sensorimotor white matter development in premature infantsJeffrey I Berman
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuroimage 27:862-71. 2005..In summary, deterministic and probabilistic DTI fiber tracking methods were used to quantify the developmental changes of motor and somatosensory pathways in premature infants...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging for monitoring diffusion changes in rectal carcinoma during combined, preoperative chemoradiation: preliminary results of a prospective studyPatrick A Hein
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Radiol 45:214-22. 2003..To evaluate the clinical value of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (DW-MRI) to monitor response of primary carcinoma of the rectum to preoperative chemoradiation by measuring tumor apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC)...
- Statistical diffusion tensor histology reveals regional dysmyelination effects in the shiverer mouse mutantJ Michael Tyszka
Biological Imaging Center, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, 2Q Broad 114 96, 1200 E California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Neuroimage 29:1058-65. 2006..The fractional anisotropy was found to be much less sensitive than the trace and eigenvalues to dysmyelination and associated microanatomic changes...
- Three-dimensional high-resolution diffusion tensor imaging and tractography of the developing rabbit brainHelen D'Arceuil
Neuroradiology Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Dev Neurosci 30:262-75. 2008..Therefore, ex vivo DTI tractography is a potentially powerful tool for neuroscience investigations and may also reveal effects (such as fiber tract pruning during development) which may be important targets for in vivo human studies...
- Predicting response of colorectal hepatic metastasis: value of pretreatment apparent diffusion coefficientsDow Mu Koh
Academic Department of Radiology, Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Rd, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom, SM2 5PT
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1001-8. 2007....
- Diffusion-weighted imaging tractography-based parcellation of the human lateral premotor cortex identifies dorsal and ventral subregions with anatomical and functional specializationsValentina Tomassini
Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:10259-69. 2007....
- Generalized diffusion tensor imaging and analytical relationships between diffusion tensor imaging and high angular resolution diffusion imagingEvren Ozarslan
Department of Physics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 8440, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:955-65. 2003..The inadequacy of the traditional rank-2 tensor model is demonstrated with simulations, and the method is applied to excised rat brain data collected in a spin-echo HARDI experiment...
- Detection of Liver Fibrosis Using IVIM Diffusion and DCE MRI in HCVBachir Taouli; Fiscal Year: 2013..These techniques combined could reach high diagnostic performance for detection of liver fibrosis;and could decrease the number of necessary liver biopsies, which have risks and sample only a small portion of the liver. ..
- IMPACT OF HYDROGEN SULFIDE ON OUTCOME OF CARDIAC ARREST AND CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSFumito Ichinose; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that proposed studies will illuminate the unique protective effects of sulfide-based approach to CA/CPR using our innovative in vivo model of murine cardiac arrest and CPR. ..
- Prev. of Cardiovas. Complications of Pediatric SLE: Artherosclerosis Prev in PediLaura E Schanberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Functional MRI Monitoring of Hepatic ChemoembolizationANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..We postulate that measurement of this blood flow during treatment can be used to help predict response to therapy. This information might improve the prognosis of future patients with liver cancer. ..
- US-China Collaborative Research on Stroke ImagingJinyuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the hypotheses are proven correct, we expect to have an additional marker that can be used for diagnosis and prognosis of stroke patients in the clinic. ..
- PET-MRI for Assessing Treatment Response in Breast Cancer Clinical TrialsThomas E Yankeelov; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal is to provide the breast cancer community with practical data acquisition and analysis protocols that facilitate the translation of advanced imaging technologies into patient management and clinical trials. ..
- Evaluation of HCC Response to Systemic Therapy with Quantitative MRIBachir Taouli; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be a highly significant progress in HCC and liver diseases given the increased burden of HCC in this country, and would benefit a large number of Americans over the next decade. ..
- Nsaid Effects on Clinical and Imaging Breast BiomarkersPATRICIA ANN THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Success in this phase II biomarker trial of sulindac combined with AI will serve as justification for a larger trial with cancer specific outcomes. ..
- Optimization of Hyperpolarized Xenon-129 Diffusion MRI for COPDChengbo Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will lay the foundation for future clinical trials to evaluate the potential of HP 129Xe diffusion MRI as a fundamentally improved approach for staging and monitoring progression of COPD. ..
- Quantifying Demyelination and Axonal Loss with Diffusion MRISUNGHEON GENE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Quantitative DW-MRI for Early Breast Cancer Treatment Response AssessmentAnne F Schott; Fiscal Year: 2013..Development of an early quantitative imaging biomarker based on DW-MRI data would provide for individualized patient care. ..
- Atlas-Based Structural Models of the Mouse MyocardiumEdward W Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results of this research will provide essential foundations for computational studies of the anatomy, electrophysiology and biomechanics of both normal and diseased hearts. ..
- Robust Localized Measures for Brain NetworksEric J Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2013..This give and take between theory and application will increase the potential for new and important results in the analysis of Brain Networks and provides an additional boost to the proposed project. ..
- High resolution 3D diffusion-weighted breast MRIBruce L Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Eliminating gadolinium contrast material will reduce the duration, cost, risk and invasiveness of breast MRI, enabling MRI to be used more widely to screen for occult, early-stage, treatable breast cancer. ..
- Stroke &cognition in surgical aortic stenosisMICHAEL ANDREW ACKER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally, the study database will allow us to closely examine the long-term risks for cognitive impairment &dementia from embolic processes during heart surgery.. ..
- The Biological Basis of Diffusion MRI of the BrainAdam W Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Advances in diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (DMRI) make it possible to image macroscopic fibers of axons in living humans, outlining major ..
- Image Biomarker Development for TreatmentEfficacy of Prostate Cancer to the BoneBrian D Ross; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, imaging biomarkers for early assessment of treatment response will be evaluated and validated leading to individualization of treatment for bone cancer patients. ..
- Stroke Imaging of Conscious RatsTimothy Q Duong; Fiscal Year: 2013..These findings have the potential to positively impact stroke research, including testing of novel therapeutic strategies, as well as enhance clinical decision making in the treatment of acute stroke. ..
- VIRTUAL TOOLS FOR CARDIAC VENTRICULAR REMODELING SURGERYJULIUS MATTEO GUCCIONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Automated Assessment of Structural Changes &Functional Recovery Post Spinal InjuBaba C Vemuri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although the various algorithms developed here are for analysis of SCI, they can be used in other applications such as traumatic brain injury, in tracking and predicting developmental changes etc. from diffusion MRI scans. ..
- Long-term Cognitive Effects of Microembolization Associated with Carotid StentingWei Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposal may change our current clinical practice by providing a better outcome measure for carotid interventions. ..
- DCE MRI to Improve Prostate Cancer Identification and CharacterizationSusan M Noworolski; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Myelin integrity and Connectivity in Subjects at Risk for Alzheimer DiseaseJESSE AARON BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding the trajectory of this degradation should improve early detection of the disease and focus treatment on slowing disease progression in the vulnerable tissues. ..
- Novel computational methods for higher order diffusion MRI in autismCarl Fredrik Westin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Quantification of Tumor Malignancy with MRIFernando E Boada; Fiscal Year: 2013..These techniques will be used to assess patients treated with combinations of bevacizumab (an antiangiogenic) and conventional cytotoxic drugs. Changes in perfusion and diffusion parameters will be correlated with treatment outcome. ..
- Segmentation and volumetric quantification of thalamic nuclei for assessing MSJerry L Prince; Fiscal Year: 2013..The algorithm will be made publicly available as open source code on the NITRC website so that the entire neuroscience community will be able to use the algorithm to study other diseases or modify and extend it for other applications. ..
- Cell invasion, motility, and proliferation level estimate maps in gliomasBenjamin M Ellingson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of this aim will provide additional evidence validating non-invasive CIMPLE map measurements of proliferation and invasion rate. ..
- High Fidelity Diffusion MRI for Children with Cerebral Palsy in Stem Cell TherapyAllen W Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is also likely that our new methodology will find broader application in basic and clinical neurosciences at large. ..
- Prefrontal -> Top Down Contribution to Object RecognitionMoshe Bar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lastly, the proposed DTI experiments can contribute insights for the treatment of demyelination diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. ..
- Quantitate and validate an endogenous ph magnetic resonance imaging techniquePhillip Zhe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Once verified, we will evaluate its diagnostic use in pathologies such as acute stroke. ..
- Imaging neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic InjuryJiangyang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information and techniques developed in this project will be useful to design effective strategies for intervention and to monitor treatment response in studies using this or similar models. ..
- Design of MEK Inhibitor Regimens for the Treatment of Pancreatic CancerJudith S Leopold; Fiscal Year: 2013..The net impact will provide for improved therapeutic outcomes in pancreatic cancer and serve as a prototype approach applicable to other targets and patient populations. ..
- Continued Development and Maintenance of MriStudioSusumu Mori; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 5: Deployment of multi-atlas-based brain segmentation algorithm We will deploy our multi-atlas technology in our server and make them available for testing to users through the Cloud computation system. ..
- QUANTIFICATION OF LUNG VENTILATION AND STRUCTURE BY 3HE MRIDmitriy A Yablonskiy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results will provide new clinical insights into emphysema progression, from the initial onset of the alveolar deformation to the final stages, characterized by dramatic loss of lung function. ..
- Advanced Quantitative MRI of the Cervical Spinal Cord in Demyelinating DiseaseJohn W Rose; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- MRI Biomarkers of Patients with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex and AutismSimon K Warfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..The primary outcome will be the development for the first time of a capability discriminate between controls, patients with ASD without TSC, TSC patients without ASD and TSC patients with ASD. ..
- Assessment of Tumor Early Response to Treatment by Diffusion MRIJunzhong Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Multiscale mechanisms of lingual mechanical functionRichard J Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2013..Knowledge of the underlying mechanical mechanisms associated with lingual force production should allow the design of more specific therapies to address oral and pharyngeal dysphagia. ..
- Diffusional Kurtosis Assessment of the Cuprizone Mouse Model of DemylinationMaria F Falangola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The significance of this project is to try to validate and understand what these new MRI indices of diffusion reflect at the brain morphological level. ..
- Diffusion MRI of Complex White Matter and ConnectivityVan J Wedeen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Structural and Functional Neuroimaging of the Auditory System in AutismJeffrey I Berman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed K01 project takes advantage of unique resources and experts available at CHOP and the University of Pennsylvania. ..
- Penalized-likelihood Algorithms for Time-Domain MR Diffusion Measure EstimationAnastasia Yendiki; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment Planning using Physiologic MRI DataM Elizabeth Meyerand; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Assess the cellularity of a tumor using diffusion-weighted MRI. 5) Compare the locations and areas of maps created in AIMS 1-4. 6) Generate clinical target volumes (CTV's) from the regions defined by AIM 5. ..
- ANATOMIC AND BIOLOGIC STAGING OF BREAST DISEASE WITH MRINola M Hylton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 will apply new statistical approaches for optimally combining markers in a predictive model. ..
- Motion Robust Mapping of Human Brain Microstructure and Macrostructure In-UteroColin Studholme; Fiscal Year: 2013..The project as a whole has many wider applications beyond this common condition and would be a major step in understanding how functional specialization in the cortex relates to brain anatomy in both fetuses and premature neonates. ..
- Motion-immune magnetic resonace imagingANDRE JAN WILLEM VAN DER KOUWE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, the motion-immune sequences may be used with pediatric patients and reduce the need for anesthesia in some age groups of this population. ..
- Non-invasive Physiologic Predictors of Aggressiveness in Renal Cell CarcinomaIvan Pedrosa; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, these imaging biomarkers will be immediately applicable to clinical practice and will help selecting patients for active surveillance. ..
- Advancement and Validation of Prostate Diffusion and Spectroscopic MRIStephan E Maier; Fiscal Year: 2013..The utility of each parameter and combined parameters to differentiate tumor from normal tissue will be analyzed statistically. ..
- Neural substrates of diffusion imaging in cognitively aging rhesus monkeysDouglas L Rosene; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- White matter maturation and executive function advances in fetal alcohol exposureJOHN BENJAMIN COLBY; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal aims to apply emerging diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques, which allow for greater localization and an enhanced focus on developmental ..
- Taking advanced diffusion imaging to the clinic for pediatric patients with ADHDYogesh Rathi; Fiscal Year: 2013..we propose to develop clinicaly feasible methods for the acquisition and analysis of advanced diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (dMRI) of pediatric patients and apply it to study micro and macro level pathology in attention-..
- Morphologic, Metabolic and Functional Prostate ImagingDaniel B Vigneron; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HE3 MR Diffusion & Low Dose CT Quantitation of EmphysemaDavid Gierada; Fiscal Year: 2005The goal of this proposal is to develop and evaluate hyperpolarized helium-3 diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (He-3 dMRI) and low dose quantitative computed tomography (LD-QCT) indexes of emphysema as noninvasive biomarkers for the ..
- Probabilistic White and Gray Matter Atlas of the Adult Human BrainKonstantinos Arfanakis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this project will dramatically enhance the role of diffusion MRI as a diagnostic tool for a wide range of clinical problems. ..
- DIFFUSION MRI AS BIOMARKER FOR THERAPY RESPONSE IN BREAST CANCER METASTASESAlison T Stopeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Functional Brain Imaging with Oscillating Gradient DW-MRIJohn C Gore; Fiscal Year: 2012..The potential outcome of these studies would be a method for mapping neural activation with high temporal and spatial resolution that could be used in diverse human and animal studies of the functional organization of the brain. ..
- Volumetric MRSI Evaluation of Traumatic Brain InjuryAndrew A Maudsley; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is hypothesized that the improved sensitivity and spatial coverage of the proposed neuroimaging measures will improve characterization of mild and moderate injury. ..
- MRI Diffusion in Tumors Using Oscillating GradientsJohn C Gore; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our overall aim is to validate OGSE methods as an experimental tool for pre-clinical studies of tumors and to gain new insight into the causes of changes in water apparent diffusion rates in cancer. ..
- Fully Compensated Dynamic Shim System for In Vivo MRI and MRSPIOTR M STAREWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..The current project focuses on the development of novel technology that can significantly reduce spatial magnetic field variations, thus leading to greatly increased MRI and MRS data quality. ..
- Novel Diffusion MRI Analyses of White Matter in SchizophreniaCarl Fredrik Westin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Translation of pH-weighted MRI to Image Human Acute StrokeALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to translate and evaluate the recently developed pH weighted MRI as a new imaging marker for human ischemic tissue, which has potential to improve the diagnostic value of MRI and assist with image-guided stroke therapy. ..
- Software Tools for Automated Modeling of White Matter Fascicles from Diffusion MRBruce Fischl; Fiscal Year: 2013..Automation will facilitate the analysis of connectivity in disorders such as schizophrenia, AD, autism and aging for subtle effects that occur early in brain disorders. ..
- Very-short-time diffusion MRI of hyperpolarized gasesG Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..Application of these methods may be used for early detection of serious lung diseases such as emphysema and will provide a tool for medical researchers to better investigate the causes and potential treatments of lung disease. ..
- Image-guided Adaptive IMRT for Head and Neck CancerDavid Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hyperpolarized Xenon functional MRI of human lungsFarhod Nozirov; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROPAGATION OF INJURY DUE TO FOCAL CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAPhilip Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 1999..Methods will be developed to identify the "penumbra" around an infarction in the living brain which may be rescued by therapeutic intervention. ..
- Towards pratical Mapping of Complex White Matter Fiber Pathways by Disffusion-WeiKen Sakaie; Fiscal Year: 2009..Improved diagnosis of white matter disease, better assessment of the potential impact of lesions in white matter, and improved presurgical planning may therefore result. ..
- MILD HYPOTHERMIA IN FOCAL CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAMidori Yenari; Fiscal Year: 1999..The knowledge gained from this project will have direct implications in the treatment of ischemic stroke in humans as well as the prophylactic use of hypothermia in both medical and surgical patients. ..
- VALIDATION OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE PERFUSION IMAGINGJeffry Alger; Fiscal Year: 2003..UCLA has new state-of-the-art MRI and PET imaging devices together with active collaborating teams having expertise in stroke clinical management (both acute and rehabilitative), in MRI scanning and in PET scanning. ..
- VALIDATION OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE PERFUSION IMAGINGJeffry Alger; Fiscal Year: 2002..UCLA has new state-of-the-art MRI and PET imaging devices together with active collaborating teams having expertise in stroke clinical management (both acute and rehabilitative), in MRI scanning and in PET scanning. ..
- Non-Invasive NMR Imaging of Cardiac Remodeling in AgingJOHN FORDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- DIFFUSION MRI TO ASSESS PANCREATIC TUMOR RESPONSEEdgar Ben Josef; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Measurement of Interstitial Brain pH by MRIPAUL SCHORNACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work will be pursued in three specific aims: 1) to optimize agent delivery, 2) to estimate errors at different fields by propagation, and 3) to test the response of this agent to known perturbations of brain pHo. ..
- Measurement of Interstitial Brain pH by MRIPAUL SCHORNACK; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work will be pursued in three specific aims: 1) to optimize agent delivery, 2) to estimate errors at different fields by propagation, and 3) to test the response of this agent to known perturbations of brain pHo. ..
- Novel Acquisition Methods for Diffusion MRIRoland Bammer; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Penalized-likelihood Algorithms for Time-Domain MR Diffusion Measure EstimationAnastasia Yendiki; Fiscal Year: 2009..As such, it has the potential to benefit this wide and growing range of medical applications and promote important areas of public health. ..
- Induced Hypertension for Acute Ischemic StrokeRobert Wityk; Fiscal Year: 2004..An association of improved function, with reduction in the volume of mismatch, will support the proposed physiology. ..
- MRI AND MRS OF MODEL STROKE IN PERFUSED CELL CULTURESTheodore Trouard; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further studies will the the ischemic response, in terms of MR observables, of human glial and neural cell lines. The consequences of hypoperfusion, pre-ischemic hyperglycemia, post-ischemic hypothermia will also be determined. ..
- Varian 4 Tesla MRI/MRS for Neuro-degenerative DiseasesMichael Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2002..These expected results emphasize the practical outcome and significance of this research. ..
- Mechanisms of Diffusion MRI with ChemotherapyJean Philippe Galons; Fiscal Year: 2005..A potentially powerful method to non-invasively monitor treatment response is Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging (DWI)...