Genomes and Genes
cine magnetic resonance imaging
Summary: A type of imaging technique used primarily in the field of cardiology. By coordinating the fast gradient-echo MRI sequence with retrospective ECG-gating, numerous short time frames evenly spaced in the cardiac cycle are produced. These images are laced together in a cinematic display so that wall motion of the ventricles, valve motion, and blood flow patterns in the heart and great vessels can be visualized.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- The histologic basis of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJames C C Moon
Centre for Advanced Magnetic Resonance in Cardiology CAMRIC, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2260-4. 2004..We sought to identify the histologic basis of myocardial late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- The use of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to identify reversible myocardial dysfunctionR J Kim
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1445-53. 2000..We hypothesized that the results of contrast-enhanced MRI can be used to predict whether regions of abnormal ventricular contraction will improve after revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Noninvasive quantification of left-to-right shunt in pediatric patients: phase-contrast cine magnetic resonance imaging compared with invasive oximetryP Beerbaum
Clinic for Congenital Heart Disease, Heart and Diabetes Center, North Rhine Westfalia, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Circulation 103:2476-82. 2001..Blood flow can be quantified noninvasively by phase-contrast cine MRI (PC-MRI) in adults. Little is known about the feasibility of the method in children with congenital heart disease...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance monitors reversible and irreversible myocardial injury in myocarditisAnja Zagrosek
Franz Volhard Klinik, Kardiologie, Charite Campus Buch, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:131-8. 2009..We sought to assess the value of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) to monitor the spectrum of myocarditis-related injuries over the course of the disease...
- Functional recovery after acute myocardial infarction: comparison between angiography, electrocardiography, and cardiovascular magnetic resonance measures of microvascular injuryRobin Nijveldt
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:181-9. 2008....
- Impact of unrecognized myocardial scar detected by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging on event-free survival in patients presenting with signs or symptoms of coronary artery diseaseRaymond Y Kwong
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, Masssachusetts 02115, USA
Circulation 113:2733-43. 2006..However, the prognostic significance of unrecognized myocardial scar by CMR in patients without a history of MI is unknown...
- Faster flow quantification using sensitivity encoding for velocity-encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging: in vitro and in vivo validationAshwin Prakash
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:676-82. 2006..To test the agreement between conventional and sensitivity-encoded (SENSE) velocity encoded cine (VEC) MRI in a flow phantom and in subjects with congenital and acquired heart disease...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance assessment of dyssynchrony and myocardial scar predicts function class improvement following cardiac resynchronization therapyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:561-8. 2008....
- Iron particles for noninvasive monitoring of bone marrow stromal cell engraftment into, and isolation of viable engrafted donor cells from, the heartDaniel J Stuckey
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Sherrington Building, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, UK, OX1 3PT
Stem Cells 24:1968-75. 2006..The magnetic properties of the iron-labeled donor cells can be used for their isolation from host tissue to enable further characterization...
- Cardiac involvement in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy: new diagnostic and pathophysiological insights by a CMR approachAli Yilmaz
Division of Cardiology, Robert Bosch Krankenhaus, Stuttgart, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:50. 2008..Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) has the potential to detect cardiac involvement by depicting early scar formation that may appear before onset of wall motion abnormalities...
- Ultrafast three-dimensional contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography and imaging in the diagnosis of partial anomalous pulmonary venous drainageV A Ferrari
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1120-8. 2001..of our study was to evaluate patients with suspected anomalous pulmonary veins (APVs) and atrial septal defects (ASDs) using fast cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrafast three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Cine-MRI versus two-dimensional echocardiography to measure in vivo left ventricular function in rat heartDaniel J Stuckey
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
NMR Biomed 21:765-72. 2008..The accuracy of cine-MRI allows identification of alterations in heart function that may be missed when using 2D-echo...
- Prognostic value of cardiac magnetic resonance stress tests: adenosine stress perfusion and dobutamine stress wall motion imagingCosima Jahnke
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:1769-76. 2007..We sought to determine the value of MRP and DSMR, as assessed during a single-session examination, in predicting the outcome of patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease...
- CINE-MR imaging of the normal and infarcted rat heart using an 11.7 T vertical bore MR systemDamian J Tyler
Department of Physiology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:327-33. 2006..Hence, we conclude that vertical bore MR systems can be used to measure in vivo cardiac function in normal and infarcted rat hearts...
- Cerebrospinal fluid dynamics and relation with blood flow: a magnetic resonance study with semiautomated cerebrospinal fluid segmentationO Baledent
Service de biophysique et traitement de l image médicale, UMR 6600 CNRS, CHU Amiens, Université Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France
Invest Radiol 36:368-77. 2001..To investigate and measure temporal and amplitude aspects of blood and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) flow waveform relations...
- Navigator-gated 3D blood oxygen level-dependent CMR at 3.0-T for detection of stress-induced myocardial ischemic reactionsCosima Jahnke
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:375-84. 2010..This study determined the value of navigator-gated 3-dimensional blood oxygen level-dependent (BOLD) cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) at 3.0-T for the detection of stress-induced myocardial ischemic reactions...
- Delayed enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance assessment of non-ischaemic cardiomyopathiesHeiko Mahrholdt
Division of Cardiology, Robert Bosch Krankenhaus, Auerbachstrasse 110, 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:1461-74. 2005....
- MR tagging early after myocardial infarction in mice demonstrates contractile dysfunction in adjacent and remote regionsFrederick H Epstein
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Magn Reson Med 48:399-403. 2002..2% in the remote zone. %CS was statistically different for all comparisons between the infarcted, adjacent, remote, and baseline groups (P < 0.01). MR tagging can detect regional differences in myocardial function post-MI in mice...
- Three-dimensional coronary MR angiography performed with subject-specific cardiac acquisition windows and motion-adapted respiratory gatingSven Plein
British Heart Foundation Cardiac MRI Unit, Rm 170, D Fl, Jubilee Building, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:505-12. 2003..We hypothesized that a more flexible and subject-specific approach to cardiac and respiratory gating may shorten scanning times while maintaining image quality...
- Uterine contractility evaluated on cine magnetic resonance imagingKaori Togashi
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1101:62-71. 2007....
- Significance of mechanical alterations in single ventricle patients on twisting and circumferential strain as determined by analysis of strain from gradient cine magnetic resonance imaging sequencesUyen T Truong
Division of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1465-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to analyze gradient cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) using Velocity Vector Imaging to assess cardiac mechanics...
- Cine magnetic resonance imaging with single-shot fast spin echo for evaluation of dysphagia and aspirationDana M Hartl
Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Dysphagia 21:156-62. 2006..Cine-MRI is complementary to clinical evaluation of swallowing in patients with an abnormal pharyngeal phase of swallowing resulting from treatment of cancer...
- Tagged cine magnetic resonance imaging with a finite element model can predict the severity of retrosternal adhesions prior to redo cardiac surgeryIchiro Yoshioka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:957-62. 2009..The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate whether the severity of retrosternal adhesions can be accurately predicted by tagged cine magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiac MR imaging: state of the technologyJ Paul Finn
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 10945 Le Conte Ave, Suite 3371, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7206, USA
Radiology 241:338-54. 2006....
- Rapid initial reduction of hyperenhanced myocardium after reperfused first myocardial infarction suggests recovery of the peri-infarction zone: one-year follow-up by MRIHenrik Engblom
Department of Clinical Physiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:47-55. 2009..We sought to explore these processes early after MI and during infarct-healing using cardiac MRI...
- Regional differences in right ventricular systolic function as determined by cine magnetic resonance imaging after infundibulotomyIrene D Lytrivi
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:970-3. 2004..Although the surgical subjects had lower infundibular ejection fraction and higher indexed volumes, most had preserved sinus ejection fraction...
- Value of t2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging early after myocardial infarction in dogs: comparison with bis-gadolinium-mesoporphyrin enhanced T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging and functional data from cine magnetic resonance imagingSteven Dymarkowski
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals KU Leuven, Belgium
Invest Radiol 37:77-85. 2002..In this study, we evaluate whether the combination of T2-weighted and contrast-enhanced T1-weighted MRI could detect and discern necrotic and ischemic, but salvageable, myocardium...
- How to perform an accurate assessment of cardiac function in mice using high-resolution magnetic resonance imagingJurgen E Schneider
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:693-701. 2006..Here, we describe a protocol that allows for a quick and reproducible approach of obtaining the relevant cardiac views for cine-MRI, and we explain how an accurate experimental image analysis can be performed...
- Gadolinium delayed enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance correlates with clinical measures of myocardial infarctionW Patricia Ingkanisorn
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1061, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2253-9. 2004..Acute infarct mass by cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) was compared with peak troponin I, acute and chronic left ventricular (LV) systolic function, and chronic infarct mass in patients imaged after recent acute MI...
- Interstudy reproducibility of right ventricular volumes, function, and mass with cardiovascular magnetic resonanceFrank Grothues
Centre for Advanced MR in Cardiology, Cardiovascular MR Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 147:218-23. 2004..We sought to determine the interstudy reproducibility of measurements of right ventricular (RV) volumes, function, and mass with CMR and compare it with correspondent LV values...
- 3D myocardial tissue tracking with slice followed cine DENSE MRIBruce S Spottiswoode
UCT MRC Medical Imaging Research Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:1019-27. 2008..To track three-dimensional (3D) myocardial tissue motion using slice followed cine displacement encoded imaging with stimulated echoes (DENSE)...
- Comparison of flow patterns in ascending aortic aneurysms and volunteers using four-dimensional magnetic resonance velocity mappingThomas A Hope
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94304, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1471-9. 2007..To determine the difference in flow patterns between healthy volunteers and ascending aortic aneurysm patients using time-resolved three-dimensional (3D) phase contrast magnetic resonance velocity (4D-flow) profiling...
- Time-resolved 3-dimensional velocity mapping in the thoracic aorta: visualization of 3-directional blood flow patterns in healthy volunteers and patientsMichael Markl
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:459-68. 2004..Various visualization tools were used to analyze blood flow patterns within a single 3-component velocity volumetric acquisition of the entire thoracic aorta..
- Cine MR angiography of the heart with segmented true fast imaging with steady-state precessionJ C Carr
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Medical School, 448 E Ontario St, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Radiology 219:828-34. 2001..Segmented cine true FISP MR imaging generated high-contrast MR images of the heart in healthy subjects and in patients with heart disease and produced image quality superior to that with cine FLASH MR imaging...
- Delayed contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for the prediction of regional functional improvement after acute myocardial infarctionAernout M Beek
Department of Cardiology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:895-901. 2003..We evaluated whether delayed contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) using an extracellular contrast agent could predict improvement of dysfunctional but viable myocardium after acute reperfused myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Bicuspid aortic valve aneurysmOsman Ratib
Department of Radiological Sciences and the Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 109:671. 2004
- Characteristics of cerebrospinal fluid flow in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels analyzed using phase velocity cine magnetic resonance imagingSofia Cerda-Gonzalez
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 50:467-76. 2009..CSF flow can be assessed in dogs using phase-contrast cine MRI. Obstruction to flow at the foramen magnum is common in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and CSF flow pattern and velocity are related to the presence of syringomyelia...
- Assessment of coronary flow reserve with fast cine phase contrast magnetic resonance imaging: comparison with measurement by Doppler guide wireM Shibata
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University, Tsu 514 8507, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 10:563-8. 1999..91). In conclusion, fast cine phase contrast MR imaging is a useful technique, which can provide a noninvasive assessment of flow reserve ratios in patients with coronary artery disease. J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 1999;10:563-568...
- 4D radial coronary artery imaging within a single breath-hold: cine angiography with phase-sensitive fat suppression (CAPS)Jaeseok Park
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:833-40. 2005..The proposed technique provides high-resolution coronary artery imaging for all cardiac phases, and allows multiple images at mid-diastole to be averaged, thus enhancing the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and vessel delineation...
- Cardiac CINE MR imaging with a 32-channel cardiac coil and parallel imaging: impact of acceleration factors on image quality and volumetric accuracyBernd J Wintersperger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 23:222-7. 2006To assess the impact of parallel imaging algorithms on image quality and volumetric accuracy of CINE magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with high temporal and spatial resolution using a new 32-channel dedicated cardiac phased array coil.
- Accelerating cine phase-contrast flow measurements using k-t BLAST and k-t SENSEChristof Baltes
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Magn Reson Med 54:1430-8. 2005..3 x net accelerations, respectively. In summary, k-t BLAST and k-t SENSE are promising approaches that permit significant scan-time reduction in PC velocity mapping, thus making high-resolution breath-held flow quantification possible...
- Myocardial blood flow in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: quantitative assessment with velocity-encoded cine magnetic resonance imaging of the coronary sinusNorbert Watzinger
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0628, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 21:347-53. 2005....
- Late gadolinium enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance in Becker muscular dystrophyA Varghese
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Heart 90:e59. 2004..Similar detection of late gadolinium enhancement in conjunction with other uses of cardiovascular magnetic resonance may contribute significantly to the diagnosis and management of patients with this unusual and important diagnosis...
- Regenerating MR tagged images using harmonic phase (HARP) methodsNael F Osman
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:1428-33. 2004..Results are demonstrated on images acquired with SPAMM, CSPAMM, and fast-HARP pulse sequences...
- MR tagging demonstrates quantitative differences in regional ventricular wall motion in mice, rats, and menWei Liu
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve Univ, Wickenden 427, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2515-21. 2006....
- Accuracy of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in predicting improvement of regional myocardial function in patients after acute myocardial infarctionBernhard L Gerber
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287 6568, USA
Circulation 106:1083-9. 2002..Because the significance of these CE patterns for myocardial viability remains debated, we evaluated their diagnostic accuracy to quantitatively predict late functional improvement of regional contractility...
- Improved cine displacement-encoded MRI using balanced steady-state free precession and time-adaptive sensitivity encoding parallel imaging at 3 TDaniel Kim
Department of Radiology, New York University, New York, NY 10016, USA
NMR Biomed 20:591-601. 2007..The combined implementation of b-SSFP imaging, 3T imaging, echo-combination image reconstruction, and TSENSE parallel imaging can be used to incrementally improve the cine displacement-encoded MRI pulse sequence...
- Upper airway motion depicted at cine MR imaging performed during sleep: comparison between young Patients with and those without obstructive sleep apneaLane F Donnelly
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Radiology 227:239-45. 2003..To compare the patterns of dynamic airway motion depicted on cine magnetic resonance (MR) images obtained during sleep between young patients with and those without obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Mesenchymal stem cells from ischemic heart disease patients improve left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarctionRobert W Grauss
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2438-47. 2007..hMSCs from patients with IHD engraft in infarcted mouse myocardium and preserve LV function 2 wk after AMI, potentially through an enhancement of scar vascularity and a reduction of wall thinning...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance elastography. Initial resultsThomas Elgeti
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:762-72. 2008..To develop cardiac magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) for noninvasively measuring left ventricular (LV) pressure-volume (P-V) work...
- Accelerating cardiac cine 3D imaging using k-t BLASTSebastian Kozerke
Department of Imaging Sciences, Guy s Hospital, King s College, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 52:19-26. 2004..By shortening the acquisition substantially, k-t BLAST may greatly facilitate volumetric imaging of the heart for evaluation of regional wall motion and the assessment of ventricular volume and ejection fraction...
- Influence of high magnetic field strengths and parallel acquisition strategies on image quality in cardiac 2D CINE magnetic resonance imaging: comparison of 1.5 T vs. 3.0 TMatthias Gutberlet
Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University Medicine Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:1586-97. 2005..0 T and did not result in any image quality degradation. For cardiac tagging techniques, 3.0 T was highly beneficial, which holds the promise to improve its diagnostic value...
- Prognostic value of right ventricular mass, volume, and function in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionSerge A van Wolferen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Institute for Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:1250-7. 2007..This study investigated the relationship between right ventricular (RV) structure and function and survival in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension (IPAH)...
- Assessing normal pulse wave velocity in the proximal pulmonary arteries using transit time: a feasibility, repeatability, and observer reproducibility study by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceWilliam M Bradlow
Imperial College, and Cardiovascular MR Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:974-81. 2007..To calculate pulse wave velocity (PWV) in the proximal pulmonary arteries (PAs) by cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) using the transit-time method, and address respiratory variation, repeatability, and observer reproducibility...
- Improved quantitative assessment of left ventricular volumes using TGrE approach after application of extracellular contrast agent at 3 TeslaAshraf Hamdan
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:845-53. 2007..0 T cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) system...
- Real-time cine MRI of ventricular septal motion: a novel approach to assess ventricular couplingMarco Francone
Department of Radiology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
J Magn Reson Imaging 21:305-9. 2005..Real-time cine MRI is a promising technique for determining the influence of respiration on septal motion and might be helpful in differentiating between different causes of impaired ventricular filling...
- Myocardial late gadolinium enhancement in specific cardiomyopathies by cardiovascular magnetic resonance: a preliminary experienceCaterina Silva
Centre for Advanced Magnetic Resonance in Cardiology CAMRIC, Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP, UK
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:1076-9. 2007..Further systematic studies are warranted to assess whether the pattern and extent of late enhancement may aid diagnosis and prognostic assessment...
- Harmonic phase MR tagging for direct quantification of Lagrangian strain in rat hearts after myocardial infarctionWei Liu
Cardiovascular MR Laboratories, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:1282-90. 2004..Both methods detected a reduction in maximal stretch and shortening in infarct rats. Our results suggest that HARP analysis can also be applied to quantify alterations in regional myocardial wall motion in small animals...
- Interstudy reproducibility of SSFP cine magnetic resonance: impact of magnetic field strength and parallel imagingChristopher D Maroules
Department of Radiology, Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8896, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:1139-45. 2008....
- Cardiac functional analysis by free-breath real-time cine CMR with a spatiotemporal filtering method, TSENSE: comparison with breath-hold cine CMRMasaki Yamamuro
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:801-7. 2006..05) and underestimation of EF (p < .01) were observed with the other protocol. Real-time cine CMR with TSENSE can provide acceptable cardiac functional values...
- Technology insight: MRI of the myocardiumDipan J Shah
Nashville Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Institute, The Heart Group, PLLC, Brentwood, TN, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2:597-605; quiz 606. 2005..In addition, we present clinical scenarios in which the performance of multifaceted imaging by MRI can alter clinical decision making...
- Steady-state free-precession (SSFP) cine MRI in distinguishing normal and bicuspid aortic valvesTadhg G Gleeson
Department of Radiology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:873-8. 2008..To assess the diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of double-oblique true fast imaging with steady-state precession (SSFP) cine MRI in distinguishing normal and bicuspid aortic valves...
- The utility of magnetic resonance imaging in cardiac tissue regeneration trialsValentin Fuster
Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and The Marie Josée and Henry R Kravis Center for Cardiovascular Health, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:S2-7. 2006..We contend that cardiac magnetic resonance imaging is ideally suited to assess response to myocardial regeneration therapy and can be exploited to yield valuable insights into the mechanism of action of myocardial regeneration therapies...
- Comprehensive cardiac magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0 Tesla: feasibility and implications for clinical applicationsMatthias Gutberlet
Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 41:154-67. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine the applicability of high magnetic field strengths for comprehensive functional and structural cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Cardiac steady-state free precession CINE magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0 tesla: impact of parallel imaging acceleration on volumetric accuracy and signal parametersBernd J Wintersperger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals, Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Invest Radiol 41:141-7. 2006..We sought to evaluate the impact of 3.0 T on accelerated CINE steady-state free precession (SSFP) regarding signal parameters and its volumetric accuracy...
- Effects of primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction on early and late infarct size and left ventricular wall characteristicsTimo Baks
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:40-4. 2006..Infarct size decreased by 31%. Segments without MO had early increased wall thickness and late partially normalized wall thickening. Segments with MO showed late wall thinning and no functional recovery at five months...
- Improved myocardial tagging contrast in cine balanced SSFP imagesEl Sayed H Ibrahim
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:1159-67. 2006..To improve the tag persistence throughout the whole cardiac cycle by providing a constant tag-contrast throughout all the cardiac phases when using balanced steady-state free precession (bSSFP) imaging...
- Differentiation of recently infarcted myocardium from chronic myocardial scar: the value of contrast-enhanced SSFP-based cine MR imagingKyoung Ah Kim
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 7:14-9. 2006..CE-cine MRI is thought to be quite useful for determining the age of myocardial infarction, in addition to its utility for assessing myocardial contractility...
- 3-Tesla MRI for the evaluation of myocardial viability: a comparative study with 1.5-Tesla MRIG Ligabue
Cattedra e Servizio di Radiologia 1, Dipartimento di Servizi Diagnostici e per Immagine, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Policlinico di Modena, Universita degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Via del Pozzo 71, Modena, Italy
Radiol Med 113:347-62. 2008..We compared 3-Tesla (3-T) and 1.5-Tesla (1.5-T) cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the assessment of myocardial viability in nearly identical experimental conditions...
- Modified RV short axis series--a new method for cardiac MRI measurement of right ventricular volumesWendy E Strugnell
Cardiovascular MRI Research Centre, The Prince Charles Hospital, Rode Rd, Chermside, Queensland 4032, Australia
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:769-74. 2005..This technique, the modified RV short axis series, is oriented to the outflow tract of the right ventricle...
- Reproducibility and inter-observer variability of dobutamine stress CMR in patients with severe coronary disease: implications for clinical researchMushabbar A Syed
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 7:763-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyze reproducibility and inter-observer variability of dobutamine stress cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (dobutamine CMR) and its implications on serial studies...
- Dystrophin- and MLP-deficient mouse hearts: marked differences in morphology and function, but similar accumulation of cytoskeletal proteinsJames R Wilding
Department of Physiology, University of Oxford, Oxford, England, UK
FASEB J 19:79-81. 2005....
- Late gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance evaluation of infarct size and microvascular obstruction in optimally treated patients after acute myocardial infarctionRobin Nijveldt
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:765-70. 2007..In this study, we prospectively investigate the change of infarct size over time, and the incidence and significance of MVO in a uniform, optimally treated patient group after AMI...
- Fast, high-resolution in vivo cine magnetic resonance imaging in normal and failing mouse hearts on a vertical 11.7 T systemJurgen E Schneider
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 18:691-701. 2003To establish fast, high-resolution in vivo cine magnetic resonance imaging (cine-MRI) on a vertical 11.7-T MR system and to investigate the stability of normal and failing mouse hearts in the vertical position.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance assessment of human myocarditis: a comparison to histology and molecular pathologyHeiko Mahrholdt
Division of Cardiology, Robert Bosch Medical Center, Stuttgart, Germany
Circulation 109:1250-8. 2004..Because the initial onset is difficult to recognize clinically and the diagnostic tools available are unsatisfactory, new strategies to diagnose myocarditis are needed...
- Breath-hold FLASH and FISP cardiovascular MR imaging: left ventricular volume differences and reproducibilityJames C C Moon
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney St, London SW3 6NP, England
Radiology 223:789-97. 2002..To compare fast imaging with steady-state precession (FISP) and fast low-angle shot (FLASH) magnetic resonance acquisitions to quantify left ventricular volumes, mass, and function and to determine if the two techniques are comparable...
- Single breath-hold real-time cine MR imaging: improved temporal resolution using generalized autocalibrating partially parallel acquisition (GRAPPA) algorithmBernd J Wintersperger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:1931-6. 2003..Single breath-hold multislice techniques using GRAPPA allow for improvement of temporal resolution and for accurate assessment of global left ventricular functional parameters...
- Assessment of myocardial viability by MR imagingJörn J W Sandstede
Institut für Röntgendiagnostik, Bayerische Julius Maximilians Universität Würzburg, Klinikstrasse 8, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:52-61. 2003..In conclusion, cardiac MRI offers several clinically usable approaches for the assessment of myocardial viability and will probably become the method of choice in the near future...
- Normal systolic and diastolic functions of the left ventricle and left atrium by cine magnetic resonance imagingWen Yih Isaac Tseng
Department of Medical Imaging, Center for Optoelectronic Biomedicine, National Taiwan University Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 4:443-57. 2002..LV) and left atrium (LA) were assessed in 31 healthy Asian adults (19 males and 12 females) using cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and an automated boundary detection algorithm...
- Comparison of dobutamine stress magnetic resonance, adenosine stress magnetic resonance, and adenosine stress magnetic resonance perfusionI Paetsch
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 110:835-42. 2004..We evaluated the diagnostic value of IWMAs during dobutamine and adenosine stress MR and adenosine MR perfusion compared with invasive coronary angiography...
- Steady-state free precession with myocardial tagging: CSPAMM in a single breathholdJaco J M Zwanenburg
Department of Physics and Medical Technology, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Med 49:722-30. 2003..Additionally, the tags persisted 126 ms longer with LISA-SSFP than with SGRE imaging. The high efficiency of LISA-SSFP enables the acquisition of complementary tagged (CSPAMM) images in a single breathhold...
- Rapid left-to-right shunt quantification in children by phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging combined with sensitivity encoding (SENSE)Philipp Beerbaum
Klinik für Angeborene Herzfehler, Herz und Diabeteszentrum, Nordrhein Westfalen, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Circulation 108:1355-61. 2003..Parallel imaging by sensitivity encoding (SENSE) may considerably reduce scan time in MRI. For rapid flow quantification in children with congenital heart disease, we evaluated phase-contrast MRI (PC-MRI) techniques combined with SENSE...
- Parallel acquisition techniques in cardiac cine magnetic resonance imaging using TrueFISP sequences: comparison of image quality and artifactsPeter Hunold
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 20:506-11. 2004..To compare image quality, artifacts, and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) in cardiac cine TrueFISP magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with and without parallel acquisition techniques (PAT)...
- Visualization of flow patterns distal to aortic valve prostheses in humans using a fast approach for cine 3D velocity mappingS Kozerke
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Zurich and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
J Magn Reson Imaging 13:690-8. 2001..It is concluded that MR velocity mapping is a potential tool for studying 3D flow patterns evolving around heart valve prostheses in humans. J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 2001;13:690-698...
- Relation of left ventricular chamber stiffness at rest to exercise capacity in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyCarlos Alberto Dumont
Cardiology Division, Juan Canalejo Hospital, A Coruna, Spain
Am J Cardiol 99:1454-7. 2007..84) for predicting < or =7 METs achieved. In conclusion, LV diastolic dysfunction at rest, as manifested by increased LV chamber stiffness, is a major determinant of maximal exercise capacity in patients with HC...
- Accuracy of contrast-enhanced cine-MR sequences in the assessment of left ventricular function: comparison with precontrast cine-MR sequences. Results of a bicentric studyJean Christophe Lasalarie
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Sud Reunion, avenue François Mitterrand, 97410, Saint Pierre, France
Eur Radiol 17:2838-44. 2007..85-0.97, P<0.0001 for all comparisons). Contrast-enhanced cine-SSFP sequences can be used as a similar diagnostic tool as precontrast cine-MR sequences in the assessment of left ventricular contractile function...
- T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging shows fatty deposition after myocardial infarctionJames W Goldfarb
Department of Research and Education, Saint Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York 11576, USA
Magn Reson Med 57:828-34. 2007..Precontrast T1-weighted MRI is a promising method for detecting myocardial fat deposition in chronic MI, and can be used to assess myocardial infarct age...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance findings in typical versus atypical forms of the acute apical ballooning syndrome (Takotsubo cardiomyopathy)Dariusch Haghi
I Medical Department, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Cardiol 120:205-11. 2007....
- Cardiovascular MRI for stem cell therapyYoriyasu Suzuki
Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Room H 2157, Stanford, CA 94305 5233, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 9:45-50. 2007..These capabilities have positioned MRI as the primary comprehensive imaging modality to monitor cell therapy...
- Quantitative assessment of regional left ventricular function with cardiac MRI: three-dimensional centersurface methodNirat Beohar
Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:721-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to provide the first in vivo validation of a three-dimensional (3D) method to quantify regional left ventricular (LV) function with cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Effect of transmyocardial laser revascularization on myocardial perfusion and left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction in ratsMatthias Nahrendorf
Physikalisches Institut EP5, Universitat Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Radiology 225:487-93. 2002..To monitor perfusion changes in remote myocardium caused by transmyocardial laser revascularization (TMLR) and to investigate the influence of TMLR on left ventricular morphology and function...
- Do mechanical markers of myocardial ischaemia predict the transmural extent of myocardial infarction in man?Alessandro Pingitore
CNR Clinical Physiology Institute, Pisa, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:400-5. 2006..The present study aimed to explore the relationship between the transmural extent of myocardial necrosis and mechanical markers of myocardial ischaemia in man...
- Characterization of microvascular dysfunction after acute myocardial infarction by cardiovascular magnetic resonance first-pass perfusion and late gadolinium enhancement imagingAndrew T Yan
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:831-7. 2006....
- [Magnetic resonance imaging early after acute myocardial infarction. A visual analysis of myocardial perfusion based on a 17 segment model]C Robert-Valla
Unité d IRM, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Dijon, Hôpital d Enfants, Boulevard Marechal De Lattre de Tassigny, 21034 Dijon, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 52:7-14. 2003..Magnetic resonance imaging of the heart allows a precise characterisation of revascularised myocardium which makes this technique very attractive for evaluating the treatments designed to improve myocardial microperfusion...
- Delayed hyperenhancement patterns in occlusive and reperfused myocardial infarcts during different healing stagesYi Wang
Department of Radiology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, P R China
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:851-7. 2006..To investigate delayed hyperenhancement during different healing stages of myocardial infarct with and without reperfusion in a pig model...
- MR imaging at rest early after myocardial infarction: detection of preserved function in regions with evidence for ischemic injury and non-transmural myocardial infarctionStephan Miller
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhards Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:498-506. 2003..50-0.90, p<0.001) but not with the degree of coronary artery stenosis. Our data suggest that preserved function was detected in non-transmural myocardial infarction demonstrated by non-transmural late enhancement and increase of T2 SI...
- Comparison of the extent of delayed-enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance imaging with and without phase-sensitive reconstruction at 3.0 TAlexandre Cochet
Unité d IRM et LE2I CNRS UMR 5158, CHU Hôpital d Enfants, Dijon, France
Invest Radiol 42:372-6. 2007..To evaluate phase-sensitive reconstructed images versus magnitude images generated by an inversion recovery pulse sequence for the determination of myocardial infarct size in delayed-enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance (DE-CMR) at 3 T...
- ["Dead or alive?": how and why myocardial viability imaging by cardiac MRI works]P Hunold
Institut fur Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie und Neuroradiologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen
Rofo 179:1016-24. 2007..The background of the successful development of the late enhancement method towards the new reference standard in myocardial viability imaging is described...
- Combination of short- and longaxis MR image sequences for the 3D segmentation of the left ventricleDennis Säring
Department of Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Stud Health Technol Inform 136:333-8. 2008..The presented segmentation method proved to be fast and robust and the intra- and interobserver differences are decreased significantly...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the adult with congenital heart diseaseAlison Knauth Meadows
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0628, USA
Semin Roentgenol 43:246-58. 2008
- Cardiomyopathy: magnetic resonance imaging evaluationGisela C Mueller
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2713, USA
Semin Roentgenol 43:204-22. 2008
- Ang II and Aldosterone Effects on Insulin Resistance in Cardiovascular TissueJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of factors involved in insulin resistance should help in development of therapeutic targets to help prevent diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Measuring the Efficacy of Endovascular Treatment of AAAPeter Faries; Fiscal Year: 2007..the change in the cross-sectional area and volume of the aneurysm during systole and diastole using cine magnetic resonance imaging. This information may provide a non-invasive means of confirming the success of endovascular stent ..
- FLOW FIELD ANALYSIS OF REGIONAL LV FUNCTIONJames Duncan; Fiscal Year: 1993..This testing will use data from two different imaging modalities, 4D gated/cine Magnetic Resonance Imaging and 4D real-time cine Computed Tomographic Imaging (using data from the Dynamic Spatial Reconstructor)..
- IMPROVED CINE MRI BY DIRECT-INVERSION RECONSTRUCTIONMarijn Brummer; Fiscal Year: 2009Acquisition speed remains a critical issue in cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha V Raman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research tests the theory that monthly loss of iron through menses is protective against atherosclerosis, which could lead to an entirely new approach to preventing and treating heart and vascular disease in both men and women. ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- Technical Development of Quantitative Biomarkers of Fatty Liver Disease with MRIScott B Reeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..We aim to develop new MRI methods that will provide early detection and evaluation of the severity of NAFLD in order to guide treatments that halt or reverse liver damage. ..
- Cardiac MRI with 3D Undersampled Radial ImagingDANA PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The high resolution 3D radial viability technique will be validated in animals, and also used in patients. ..
- THREE-DIMENSIONAL TONGUE MOTION IN SPEECHMaureen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dynamic finite element models will link internal muscular activity to surface shape motion. The 3D models will be physiologically accurate and can be made more or less complex to suit the experimental condition. ..
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling, Monitoring and Control of HydrocephalusANDREAS LINNINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FOUR-DIMENSIONAL TONGUE BEHAVIOR IN SPEECHMaureen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2000..The biokinematic model also would benefit if the data were statistically manipulated first to reduce noise. ..
- Predictors of Speech Quality after Tongue Cancer SurgeryMaureen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will in turn diminish their own feelings of inadequacy, depression, and withdrawal from society. ..
- Prognostic Impact and Arrhythmic Potential of Peri-infarct Zone by Cardiac MRIRaymond Kwong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 Raymond Y. Kwong, MD 2/5/07 2:09 AM 30 Page of 38 ..
- Prognostic Impact and Arrhythmic Potential of Peri-infarct Zone by Cardiac MRIRaymond Y Kwong; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the results of this study will provide insight if noninvasive MRI can improve the identification of patients at high risk of SCD who are best managed with AICD therapy. ..
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-Modality Patient-Specific Evaluation of IschemiaRandolph Setser; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this proposal could enhance visualization of the effects of coronary artery disease in individual patients, thus enabling optimized revascularization planning tailored to the individual's anatomy. ..
- Predictors of Speech Quality after Tongue Cancer SurgeryMaureen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will in turn diminish their own feelings of inadequacy, depression, and withdrawal from society. ..
- Prognostic Impact and Arrhythmic Potential of Peri-infarct Zone by Cardiac MRIRaymond Kwong; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the results of this study will provide insight if noninvasive MRI can improve the identification of patients at high risk of SCD who are best managed with AICD therapy. ..
- Cardiac Function and Cardiac iron (T2*) in ThalassemiaJohn Wood; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide the necessary groundwork for longitudinal studies of cardiac iron load on cardiac performance in thalassemia patients. ..
- High-Performance Automated System For Analysis of Cardiac SPECTPiotr J Slomka; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Hybrid Imaging of Angiogenesis and ArteriogenesisAlbert Sinusas; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION, RISK FACTORS, AND CORONARY CALCIUMMichael Jerosch Herold; Fiscal Year: 2003..S. there is strong interest in developing such new measures of subclinical disease which would provide an early opportunity for intervention and lifestyle modification to prevent CHD and/or congestive heart failure. ..
- Dedicated Animal SPECT X-ray CTAlbert Sinusas; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the proposed system would meet all of the needs of the investigators of this shared instrumentation grant, allowing for high resolution imaging in small animals and absolute quantification of radiotracer uptake. ..
- IMPROVED CINE MRI BY DIRECT-INVERSION RECONSTRUCTIONMarijn Brummer; Fiscal Year: 2007Acquisition speed remains a critical issue in cine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- A Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging Marker of Myocardial FibrosisMichael Jerosch Herold; Fiscal Year: 2011..We propose the development of a novel method for assessment of diffuse fibrosis in the heart muscle with magnetic resonance imaging. ..
- The role of hypoxia in venous neointimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis graftsSanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this current proposal and research program is to improve the care of patients with ESRD, the vast majority of who use long-term hemodialysis as their mode of renal replacement therapy. ..
- MRI OF COLLATERAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE HEARTMichael Jerosch Herold; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MESA Family StudyGregory Burke; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MESA Family StudyGregory Burke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHYJohn Oshinski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- A Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging Marker of Myocardial FibrosisMichael Jerosch Herold; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the development of a novel method for assessment of diffuse fibrosis in the heart muscle with magnetic resonance imaging. ..
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cardiomyocyte ApoptosisDavid Sosnovik; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research also has the potential to facilitate a greater understanding of cardiomyocyte apoptosis and accelerate the development of novel cardioprotective strategies. ..
- Expert Visual Guidance of Ultrasound for TelemedicineFlorence Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4 is to make the guidance easily applicable to different organs. ..