Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery performed on the interior of blood vessels.
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Assessment of culprit lesion morphology in acute myocardial infarction: ability of optical coherence tomography compared with intravascular ultrasound and coronary angioscopyTakashi Kubo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:933-9. 2007..study was to evaluate the ability of optical coherence tomography (OCT) for assessment of the culprit lesion morphology in acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in comparison with intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and coronary angioscopy (CAS).
- Plaque-stabilizing effect of atorvastatin is stronger for plaques evaluated as more unstable by angioscopy and intravenous ultrasoundAtsushi Hirayama
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 75:1448-54. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the effect of atorvastatin treatment on high-grade yellow coronary plaques (grade ≥ 2, group H) vs. low-grade yellow plaques (grade ≤ 1, group L)...
- Changes in coronary plaque color and morphology by lipid-lowering therapy with atorvastatin: serial evaluation by coronary angioscopyMasamichi Takano
Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, IMBA, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:680-6. 2003Changes in coronary plaque color and morphology by statin therapy were evaluated using coronary angioscopy.
- Histological characteristics of glistening yellow coronary plaques seen on angioscopy. -With special reference to vulnerable plaques-Yasumi Uchida
Japan Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Japan
Circ J 75:1913-9. 2011Glistening yellow coronary plaques (GY) seen on angioscopy are considered vulnerable to disruption. Collagen fiber (CF) is the main substance that protects coronary plaques against mechanical stress...
- Detection of vulnerable coronary plaques by color fluorescent angioscopyYasumi Uchida
Japan Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Funabashi and Tokyo, Japan
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:398-408. 2010This study was carried out to detect vulnerable coronary plaques by color fluorescent angioscopy.
- Imaging of lysophosphatidylcholine in human coronary plaques by color fluorescence angioscopyYasumi Uchida
Japan Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan
Int Heart J 51:129-33. 2010..Therefore, this study was carried out to visualize LPC in human coronary plaques using a color fluorescence angioscopy (CFA) system...
- Update on coronary angioscopy: review of a 20-year experience and potential application for detection of vulnerable plaqueFumiyuki Ishibashi
Department of Medicine, Cardiology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
J Interv Cardiol 19:17-25. 2006..Coronary angioscopy can provide detailed information of the luminal surface of plaque, such as color, thrombus, or disruption, and ..
- Serial long-term evaluation of neointimal stent coverage and thrombus after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation by use of coronary angioscopyMasamichi Takano
Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, 1715 Kamakari, IMBA, Chiba, 270 1694, Japan
Heart 93:1353-6. 2007Progression of neointimal stent coverage (NSC) and changes in thrombus were evaluated serially by coronary angioscopy for up to 2 years after sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) implantation.
- Characterization of the unstable lesion by angiography, angioscopy, and intravascular ultrasoundS Waxman
Division of Cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cardiol Clin 17:295-305, viii. 1999..histopathologic studies, whether postmortem or from atherectomy samples, and from studies using angiography, angioscopy, and intravascular ultrasound...
- Saphenous vein conduits harvested by endoscopic technique exhibit structural and functional damageLaki J Rousou
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:62-70. 2009..Our objective was to compare the effects of ESVH and OSVH on the structural and functional viability of saphenous vein endothelium using multiphoton imaging, immunofluorescence, and biochemical techniques...
- Implication of plaque color classification for assessing plaque vulnerability: a coronary angioscopy and optical coherence tomography investigationTakashi Kubo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama, Japan
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 1:74-80. 2008The purpose of this study was to assess the relationship between plaque color evaluated by coronary angioscopy and fibrous cap thickness estimated by optical coherence tomography (OCT) in vivo.
- Stabilization and regression of coronary plaques treated with pitavastatin proven by angioscopy and intravascular ultrasound--the TOGETHAR trialKazuhisa Kodama
Department of Cardiology, Amagasaki Central Hospital, Amagasaki, Japan
Circ J 74:1922-8. 2010..Few studies have serially monitored the change of coronary plaque after statin therapy using multiple plaque imaging modalities...
- In vivo comparison of optical coherence tomography and angioscopy for the evaluation of coronary plaque characteristicsMasamichi Takano
Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Chiba, Japan
Am J Cardiol 101:471-6. 2008Atherosclerotic yellow plaques identified by coronary angioscopy are considered as vulnerable plaques. However, characteristics of yellow plaques are not well understood...
- Noninvasive coronary angioscopy using electron beam computed tomography and multidetector computed tomographyPeter M A van Ooijen
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 90:998-1002. 2002
- Cross-sectional area reduction of the aortic ostium by suprarenal stent wires: in vitro phantom study by CT virtual angioscopyZhonghua Sun
School of Applied Medical Sciences and Sports Studies, University of Ulster, Room 15J 13, Shore Road, Newtownabbey BT37 0QB, Northern Ireland, UK
Comput Med Imaging Graph 28:345-51. 2004..of cross-sectional area of the aortic ostium by the presence of aortic stent wires observed using CT virtual angioscopy in an aorta phantom...
- Unique single coronary artery with acute myocardial infarction: observation of the culprit lesion by intravascular ultrasound and coronary angioscopyMasamichi Takano
Cardiovascular Center, Nippon Medical School, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, IMBA, Chiba, Japan
Jpn Heart J 44:271-6. 2003..Moreover, this is the first report in which the culprit lesion in a patient with a single coronary artery was observed by intravascular ultrasound and coronary angioscopy. The patient underwent successful coronary stent deployment.
- Number of yellow plaques detected in a coronary artery is associated with future risk of acute coronary syndrome: detection of vulnerable patients by angioscopyTomohito Ohtani
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Police Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2194-200. 2006We sought to test whether the risk of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) can be estimated by angioscopy.
- Biochemical imaging of human atherosclerotic plaques with fluorescence lifetime angioscopyPatrick Thomas
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Photochem Photobiol 86:727-31. 2010A prototype angioscopy system with fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM) capabilities was built and applied for biochemical imaging of human coronary atherosclerotic plaques...
- Morphologic changes in infarct-related plaque after coronary stent placement: a serial angioscopy studyShunta Sakai
Department of Cardiovascular Center, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1558-65. 2003The aim of this study was to investigate the morphologic changes in infarct-related lesions after stenting in acute or recent myocardial infarction (MI) with coronary angioscopy.
- A comparison of renal function between open and endovascular aneurysm repair in patients with baseline chronic renal insufficiencyShane S Parmer
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:706-11. 2006..This analysis compared the effects of open repair vs EVAR on renal function in patients with baseline renal insufficiency...
- Suprarenal fixation of endovascular aortic stent grafts: assessment of medium-term to long-term renal function by analysis of juxtarenal stent morphologyMark E O'donnell
Department of Vascular Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 45:694-700. 2007..A unique validated three-dimensional intraluminal imaging technique was used to analyze the effect of suprarenal stent position relative to renal artery orifices. Also analyzed was its medium-term to long-term effects on renal function...
- Endovascular AAA repair with the aortomonoiliac EndoFit stent-graft: two years' experienceNikolaos Saratzis
First Department of Surgery, Aristotle University, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Endovasc Ther 12:280-7. 2005..To evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of a specific aortomonoiliac endograft and the durability of the femorofemoral bypass for treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)...
- Plaque erosion in the culprit lesion is prone to develop a smaller myocardial infarction size compared with plaque ruptureTakahiro Hayashi
Department of Cardiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Am Heart J 149:284-90. 2005..To elucidate the relationships between clinical features and the morphological characteristics of the infarct-related lesions, we observed the culprit lesions in patients with acute MI by coronary angioscopy and intravascular ultrasound.
- Has endovascular aneurysm repair improved outcome for patients with asymptomatic abdominal aortic aneurysm?S Aune
Department of Surgery, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Int Angiol 26:228-32. 2007....
- Endotension--a late complication successfully treated by open repairV G Papavasssiliou
Department of Surgery, University of Leicester, Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, Great Britain
Vasa 34:60-1. 2005..On laparotomy no endoleak was identified and the graft was left in situ. Postoperatively and on follow-up the patient remains asymptomatic while the aneurysm continued to appear shrunk...
- Complications of open abdominal aortic surgery: the endovascular solutionKarim El Sakka
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Brighton and Sussex University Hospital, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:121-4. 2008..The risk of PAA rupture carries a mortality of 58%. We present our experience in ten patients with the endovascular treatment of these complications to define the role of endovascular repair in this high-risk group...
- Endovascular treatment of chronic type A dissectionJosé Honório Palma
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Paulista School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:164-6. 2008..This report describes an endovascular treatment of a chronic type A aortic dissection without cardiopulmonary bypass and avoiding thoracotomy...
- Ten-year outcomes after endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) and magnitude of additional proceduresS Väärämäki
Division of Vascular Surgery and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital and Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Scand J Surg 96:221-8. 2007..The longterm outcome of this patient population and the magnitude of additional secondary procedures are, however, less well covered...
- Endovascular treatment of a symptomatic aneurysm of the left subclavian arteryGian Battista Danzi
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Poliambulanza Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Ital Heart J 6:77-9. 2005..After having excluded the presence of a thoracic outlet syndrome, the lesion was successfully treated by means of percutaneous implantation of a stent graft with the exclusion of the aneurysm and the sealing of the thrombus...
- Multislice CT virtual angioscopy of the abdomenP Carrascosa
Diagnóstico Maipú, Alsina 30, San Isidro, 1642 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Abdom Imaging 30:249-58. 2005..Virtual angioscopy can be reconstructed with volumetric CT data sets...
- Diagnosis and treatment of coronary vulnerable plaquesHector M Garcia-Garcia
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 6:209-22. 2008..Very rigorous and well-designed studies are compelling for defining the role of each diagnostic modality. Until we are able to detect in vivo vulnerable plaques accurately, no specific treatment is warranted...
- Angioscopic follow-up study of coronary ruptured plaques in nonculprit lesionsMasamichi Takano
Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:652-8. 2005Changes of ruptured plaques in nonculprit lesions were evaluated using coronary angioscopy.
- [Intraoperative monitoring in vascular surgery]K Balzer
Gefässchirurgische Klinik, zertifiziertes Gefässzentrum, am Evangelischen Krankenhaus, Mulheim an der Ruhr
Chirurg 76:183-94; quiz 194-5. 2005..The method of angioscopy is reserved for individual cases. Indirect monitoring in carotid surgery will keep its significance...
- Application of paclitaxel-eluting metal stents in renal artery of pig modelTheodore Voudoukis
Department of Urology, University of Patras, School of Medicine, Patras, Greece
J Endourol 21:1571-6. 2007..Based on these reports, we used paclitaxel-eluting MS within an animal renal artery lumen and compared the results with those using a bare-metal stent...
- Early complications in endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysmL Gabrielli
Institute of Vascular Surgery, University of Milan, Via Commenda 12, 20122 Milan, Italy
Acta Chir Belg 104:519-26. 2004..The aim of this study is to evaluate a multi-center survey of unexpected intraprocedural critical events of EVAR...
- Endovascular repair (EVAR) of abdominal aortic aneurysms: the case forP Davey
Northern Vascular Centre, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 86:377-9. 2004
- Endovascular exclusion of mycotic aortic aneurysmThomas J Takach
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Carolinas Heart Institute, Carolinas Health Care System, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:459-62. 2007....
- Influence of diabetes mellitus on the endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysmsLina J Leurs
EUROSTAR Data Registry Centre, Department of Vascular Surgery, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Endovasc Ther 12:288-96. 2005..To investigate the influence of diabetes mellitus on outcome after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair...
- Color duplex ultrasonography is insensitive for the detection of endoleak after aortic endografting: a systematic reviewRoy Ashoke
Department of Vascular Surgery, Imperial College, London, UK
J Endovasc Ther 12:297-305. 2005....
- Incomplete neointimal coverage of sirolimus-eluting stents: angioscopic findingsJun ichi Kotani
Cardiovascular Division, Kansai Rosai Hospital, Amagasaki, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2108-11. 2006The goal of this study was to use angioscopy to investigate the amount of neointimal coverage after sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) implantation.
- Midterm results for endovascular stent grafts via median sternotomy for distal aortic arch aneurysmKoji Sakurai
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Artif Organs 9:149-53. 2006..Patients with large aneurysms are not good candidates for EVG implantation via median sternotomy Anchoring sutures to fix the EVG to the aortic wall should help prevent EVG-related events and improve the durability of EVG...
- [Acute coronary syndrome diagnosed by the intravascular imaging]Atsushi Hirayama
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Police Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 64:686-90. 2006..100 years ago; however, the intravascular imaging such as intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) or coronary angioscopy has revealed the clinical evidences in live human being...
- [13-year result after implantation of intracoronary stent (treatment of progressing atherosclerosis of coronary arteries with the help of endovascular methods)]A M Babunashvili
Kardiologiia 46:92-6. 2006....
- Serial angioscopic findings after successful intracoronary brachytherapy for in-stent restenosisMasaharu Okada
The Department of Cardiology, Shiga Medical Center for Adults, Shiga, Japan
Am J Cardiol 97:21-5. 2006..These results suggest that the healing process was not completed 9 months after brachytherapy in approximately 33% of lesions...
- [First experience with the use of a clip device for closure of arterial approach after endovascular treatment of coronary arteries]Iu G Matchin
Kardiologiia 48:15-8. 2008..Total number of complications in the group of manual compression was 5.8%. Thus compared with traditional manual hemostasis. The use of StarClose clip device allows to activate patients after endovascular treatment substantially earlier...
- Regarding "Endovascular AAA repair with the aortomonoiliac endofit stent-graft: two years' experience"Ilias Dalainas
J Endovasc Ther 12:755. 2005
- Endovascular treatment for thoracic aortic dissection: the better solution?Andre Nevelsteen
Eur Heart J 27:384-5. 2006
- Angioscopic evaluation of neointima coverage: sirolimus drug-eluting stent versus bare metal stentJota Oyabu
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Police Hospital, Osaka 543 0035, Japan
Am Heart J 152:1168-74. 2006..Therefore, we compared the angioscopic appearance of neointima over DESs with that over BMSs 6 months after implantation...
- Full metal jacket for thoracoabdominal aneurysmBettina Marty
Department of Cardio Vascular Surgery, University Hospital CHUV, Rue de Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:896. 2005
- Identification of vulnerable plaque--the quest continuesPeter Kelly
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:55-7. 2007
- Combining laparoscopic and endovascular techniques to improve the outcome of aortic endografts. Hybrid techniquesR Kolvenbach
Department of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Augusta Hospital, Duesseldorf, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 46:415-23. 2005..We describe our technique of total laparoscopic conversion after failed endografting. Future perspectives and preliminary experience with an aortic stapler are discussed...
- Complications of aortic endograftingJ May
Department of Surgery, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 46:359-69. 2005..This review discusses the local and vascular complications of endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm with an emphasis on newer aspects...
- Endovascular treatment of aortoureteric fistulaTakeyoshi Ota
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobe University Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Endovasc Ther 12:411-3. 2005..To report successful endovascular treatment of massive hemorrhage from an aortoureteric fistula...
- Multiple HIV-related aneurysms: open and endovascular treatmentMaarit A Heikkinen
Division of Vascular Surgery, Stanford University, Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5642, USA
J Endovasc Ther 12:405-10. 2005..To report successful endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms in 2 patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Endovascular delivery of vein segments with valves versus direct anastomosisTaras Kucher
Department of Surgery, Newark Beth Israel Hospital, Newark, New Jersey 07112, USA
J Endovasc Ther 12:366-70. 2005..To demonstrate an experimental model designed to allow placement of a vein segment containing a valve into a femoral vein without the need for anastomoses or surgical incision on the target limbs...
- Extension of dissection in stent-graft treatment of type B aortic dissection: lessons learned from endovascular experienceRossella Fattori
Department of Radiology, University Hospital S Orsola, Bologna, Italy
J Endovasc Ther 12:306-11. 2005..An accurate examination of the aortic wall and dissection anatomy and careful intraprocedural device manipulation and balloon molding may help avoid this potentially life-threatening complication...
- Three episodes of inferior acute myocardial infarction due to thrombotic occlusion of the right coronary artery: a case reportKenichi Sakakura
The Cardiovascular Division, The First Department of Integrated Medicine, Omiya Medical Center, Jichi Medical School, Saitama
J Cardiol 45:123-8. 2005..To confirm the presence of thrombus, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and coronary angioscopy were performed at pre-discharge. IVUS showed a thrombus-like low-density area at the mid right coronary artery...
- Endovascular stenting to treat obstruction of the superior vena cavaAnthony F Watkinson
Peninsula Medical School, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter EX2 5DW
BMJ 336:1434-7. 2008
- [Treatment of aortic aneurysm--new or old method?]Rolf Hanoa
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:259. 2002
- [Endovascular stent-graft repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm]Kirsten Krohg-Sørensen
Thoraxkirurgisk avdeling, Rikshospitalet 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:274-7. 2002..Long-term results from randomised studies are still not available. Aneurysm ruptures after stent-graft repair have been reported, and there has been a considerable need for redo procedures...
- In vivo quantitative tissue characterization of human coronary arterial plaques by use of integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasound and comparison with angioscopic findingsMasanori Kawasaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Circulation 105:2487-92. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to define whether integrated backscatter (IB) combined with conventional intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) makes tissue characterization of coronary arterial plaques possible...
- [Aortic reconstruction and resection of malignant tumors--one- or two-stage procedure?]M Walter
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Visceral, Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin
Zentralbl Chir 127:764-8. 2002....
- Endovascular stent implantation in the pulmonary arteries of infants and children without the use of a long vascular sheathRobert H Pass
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of New York New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 55:505-9. 2002..This technique is useful for the palliation of proximal pulmonary artery stenosis and is effective definitive treatment for peripheral pulmonary artery stenosis in small infants and children...
- Disappearance of intima over the stent and ulcer formation after intracoronary radiation for in-stent restenosisShinsuke Nanto
Cardiovascular Division of Kansai Rosai Hospital, Amagasaki, Japan
Circ J 67:366-8. 2003..Coronary angioscopy, together with coronary angiography, was performed at 3 months follow-up of 7 patients with in-stent restenosis ..
- Endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic diseaseR E Bell
Heart 89:823-4. 2003
- Visualized plaque debris as a cause of distal embolization after percutaneous coronary intervention in patient with unstable anginaShunta Sakai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Imba gun, Chiba, Japan
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 55:113-7. 2002..We report a case in which coronary angioscopy proved the dislodgment of a large plaque fragment after Cutting Balloon angioplasty and confirmed our suspicion ..
- Vulnerable plaques, inflammation and newer imaging modalitiesV Bhatia
Department of Internal Medicine, SUNY, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Postgrad Med 49:361-8. 2003..Here we review the invasive and non-invasive modalities that can be helpful in the identification of these plaques before they become unstable and cause ACS, and also the available therapies to stabilize these plaques...
- Diagnostic value of CT virtual intravascular endoscopy in aortic stent-graftingZhonghua Sun
School of Applied Medical Sciences and Sports Studies, University of Ulster, Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland, UK
J Endovasc Ther 11:13-25. 2004....
- Plaque characterization and atherosclerosis evaluation by coronary angioscopyYasunori Ueda
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Police Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Herz 28:501-4. 2003When observed by angioscopy, the culprit lesions of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) have a common appearance of a yellow plaque with irregular surface covered by a thrombus...
- Cystoid macular edema after pediatric intraocular lens implantation: fluorescein angioscopy results and literature reviewS K Rao
Sankara Nethralaya, Medical and Vision Research Foundations, Tamil Nadu, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:432-6. 2001To evaluate the occurrence of cystoid macular edema (CME) after lens extraction, anterior vitrectomy, and intraocular lens implantation (IOL) in children using angioscopy after administration of oral fluorescein.
- New wavelength for the endovascular treatment of lower limb venous insufficiencyJ E Soracco
Phlebology Private Centre, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int Angiol 28:281-8. 2009..The aim of this research was to show the efficacy of the 1 470-nm wavelength diode laser for endovenous laser treatments and the clinical results obtained...
- [Drug treatments of chronic venous insufficiency: pharmaco-clinical evaluation]M Chauveau
Service Central d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Cochin, Paris
Presse Med 23:243-9. 1994..For capillary permeability, fluoresceine angioscopy is without a doubt the most sensitive and specific method...
- Recent advances in coronary angioscopyYasumi Uchida
Japan Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Funabashi, Japan
J Cardiol 57:18-30. 2011b>Angioscopy enables macroscopic pathological diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases from the inside. This imaging modality has been intensively directed to characterizing vulnerable coronary plaques...
- MR virtual angioscopy of thoracic aortic atherosclerosis in homozygous familial hypercholesterolemiaR M Summers
Diagnostic Radiology Department, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1182, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:371-7. 2001..Thoracic aortic atherosclerosis in patients with HFH was assessed with contrast-enhanced MR angiograms using exoscopic and endoscopic virtual angioscopy reconstructions and maximum intensity projections (MIPs).
- Automatic navigation path generation based on two-phase adaptive region-growing algorithm for virtual angioscopyDo Yeon Kim
Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung Dong, Yuseong Gu, Taejon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Med Eng Phys 28:339-47. 2006..This algorithm is also applicable to generate the centerline of renal artery, coronary artery, and airway tree which has tree-like cylinder shape of organ structures in the medical imagery...
- [Angioscopy in peripheral vascular diseases]J M Chevalier
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, , Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1705-9. 1991b>Angioscopy is a useful investigation in patients referred for vascular surgery. The material has been improved over the last few years to make available angioscopes with external diameters ranging from 0.55 to 3.2 mm...
- Effect of balloon inflation in angiographically normal coronary segments during coronary angioscopy: a quantitative angiographic studyM Hamon
Service de Cardiologie B et Hemodynamique, Hopital Cardiologique, Lille, France
Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 31:116-21. 1994Visualization of coronary stenoses by coronary angioscopy is facilitated by inflating an occlusive cuff located near the distal end of the device to temporarily interrupt blood flow...
- [Chronic pulmonary heart disease: therapeutic indications]R Azarian
, , Clamart
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1799-805. 1995..pulmonary angiography which, with the aid of a thoracic CT scan or endovascular techniques (ultrasonography or angioscopy), allow assessment of the feasibility of thromboendarteriectomy...
- Angioscopic evaluation of prolonged vs standard balloon inflations during coronary angioplasty. A randomized studyA Cribier
Department of Cardiology, Charles Nicolle Hospital, University of Rouen, France
Eur Heart J 16:930-6. 1995..Results of angioplasty were assessed on both angiography and percutaneous transluminal coronary angioscopy performed immediately after the procedure...
- Serial angioscopic evidence of incomplete neointimal coverage after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: comparison with bare-metal stentsMasaki Awata
Cardiovascular Division, Kansai Rosai Hospital, Amagasaki, Japan
Circulation 116:910-6. 2007The time course of neointimal formation after stent implantation has not been studied extensively by angioscopy in the drug-eluting stent era.
- [Carbon dioxide as an irrigation medium for percutaneous angioscopy]M Zwaan
Institut fur Radiologie, Medizinischen Universität, Lubeck
Bildgebung 60:219-24. 1993Since technical progress has allowed the development of small and flexible endoscopes, percutaneous, transluminal angioscopy promises to be a diagnostic and therapeutic tool...
- Angioscopy-guided placement of balloon-expandable stents in the treatment of experimental carotid aneurysmsJ A Grotenhuis
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 37:56-60. 1994..These stents were placed transfemorally and, since the stents were barely visible under fluoroscopy, angioscopy was performed before and after stenting in order to improve positioning of the stent...
- Coronary atherosclerosis and interventions: pathological sequences and restenosisC Yutani
Department of Pathology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Pathol Int 49:273-90. 1999..details of the processes in coronary atherosclerosis, which have been obtained by new strategies such as angioscopy, intravascular ultrasound and molecular biological methods...
- Mechanism of antithrombotic effect of heparin and antithrombin in balloon-injured arteriesTakanobu Tomaru
Cardiovascular Center, Toho University Sakura Hospital, Shimoshizu 564 1, Sakura, Chiba 285 8741, Japan
Life Sci 77:2611-25. 2005..Thrombus formation following balloon injury was evaluated by angioscopy in the right iliac arteries of 20 dogs to serve as a control...
- [Unstable angina: from physiopathology to therapeutics]I Antony
Service de cardiologie, , Clichy
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:543-50. 1991..The results of coronary angioscopy have allowed differentiation of accelerated effort angina which seems related to ulceration of an atheromatous ..
- Congenital coronary artery anomalies: diagnosis with 64 slice multidetector row computed tomography coronary angiography: a single-centre studyK G Srinivasan
KGS Advanced MR and CT Scan Centre, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:148-54. 2008..were reconstructed in axial plane, along with volume-rendered three-dimensional reconstruction and virtual angioscopy in selected patients...
- Safety of diagnostic balloon occlusion in normal coronary arteriesSteffen Gloekler
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Cardiol 105:1716-22. 2010Diagnostic coronary balloon occlusion (CBO) is mandatory for collateral function assessment, during angioscopy and optical coherence imaging, and when using certain coronary protection devices against emboli...
- Cholesterol-fed ovariectomized monkeys are good animal models for human atherosclerosis of postmenopausal womenRyuzo Torii
Research Center for Animal Life Science, Shiga University of Medical Science, Tsukinowa cho, Seta, Ohtsu 520 2192, Japan
Primates 44:247-52. 2003..levels were increased from 110 to 270 mg/dl, and atheroma was first observed after 3-months treatment with angioscopy. In the CE-group, the levels of the serum total cholesterol during treatment were 30% lower than those of the C-..
- How the python heart separates pulmonary and systemic blood pressures and blood flowsBjarke Jensen
Zoophysiology, Department of Biological Sciences, Aarhus University, Building 1131, Universitetsparken 8000, Aarhus, Denmark
J Exp Biol 213:1611-7. 2010..description of cardiac structures and intracardiac events that have been revealed by ultrasonic measurements and angioscopy. Echocardiography revealed that the atrioventricular valves descend deep into the ventricle during ventricular ..
- Microvessels of bulbar conjunctiva in UPTAH goatsP Dobsak
Clinic of Functional Diagnostics and Rehabilitation, St Anna Faculty Hospital and Masaryk University of Brno, Czech Republic
Artif Organs 27:114-8. 2003..total artificial heart (TAH) implantation, we performed a long-term follow-up in 2 goats using conjunctival angioscopy. A short segment of parallel arteriole and venule was photographed and analyzed on computer picture program (..
- Current status of vulnerable plaque detectionFaisal Sharif
Department of Cardiology, St James Hospital, St James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 75:135-44. 2010..characteristics of the vulnerable plaque such as thin cap fibroatheroma and lipid pool can be identified with angioscopy, high frequency intravascular ultrasound, intravascular MRI, and optical coherence tomography...
- Heparin-coated versus uncoated Palmaz-Schatz stent in native coronary circulation. A randomized study with blind angioscopic assessmentS Kedev
Institute for Heart Disease, Skopje Medical University, Republic of Macedonia
Int J Artif Organs 25:461-9. 2002..All pts received antiplatelet agents alone. We applied serial angioscopy (baseline and on 7th day) to evaluate thrombus formation and quantitative coronary angiography (QCA) to define ..
- Molecular imaging in atherosclerosisAndor W J M Glaudemans
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:2381-97. 2010..Non-nuclear invasive imaging techniques (intravascular ultrasound, intravascular MRI, intracoronary angioscopy and intravascular optical coherence tomography) and non-nuclear non-invasive imaging techniques (ultrasound with ..
- [Angioscopy as intraoperative outcome control after reconstructive surgery of the renal arteries: presentation of a new method]L Reiher
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf
Chirurg 66:914-5. 1995..We introduce angioscopy as a means of intraoperative surveillance.
- [Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy with video-angioscopy and circulatory arrest: an alternative to cardiopulmonary transplantation and post-embolism pulmonary artery hypertension]P Dartevelle
Service de chirurgie thoracique vasculaire et de transplantation cardiopulmonaire, Hopital Marie Lannelongue, Le Plessis Robinson, France
Chirurgie 123:32-40. 1998..The aim of this study is to emphasize that the use of video-assisted angioscopy may increase the quality of PTE and thus improve outcome...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and cardiovascular thrombosis in patients admitted to the intensive care unitNoritake Hata
Department of Intensive Care Unit, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Chiba, Japan
Circ J 68:645-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate this relationship in patients with chest pain...
- Delayed endothelialization after polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent implantation for coronary aneurysmMasamichi Takano
Division of Cardiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 73:190-3. 2009..Angiography at 9-month follow-up showed focal restenosis at the proximal edge of the stent and coronary angioscopy revealed restenosis as a result of thrombus formation...
- Laser speckle imaging of atherosclerotic plaques through optical fiber bundlesSeemantini K Nadkarni
Harvard Medical Schooland Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:054016. 2008..Small-diameter, flexible optical fiber bundles, similar to those used in coronary angioscopy, may be incorporated into an intravascular catheter for this purpose...
- [Primary results of laser recanalization in the endovascular treatment of arterial stenosis and occlusion of the lower limbs. Apropos of 45 treated cases]V Poyen
Service de cardiologie, , Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1537-41. 1991..b>Angioscopy was used 22 times: it was indissociable to laser angioplasty as it enabled diagnosis and controlled the result...
- [Intravascular echographic imaging: experimental validations and limits. An in vitro study]G Finet
, , Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1373-81. 1993..Intravascular ultrasound differs from angiography and angioscopy in its ability to penetrate below the surface of the vessel lumen, demonstrating specific appearances of the ..
- Transrenal deployment of a modular stent graft to repair AAAs with short necks: experiments in dogsRobert Guidoin
Quebec Biomaterials Institute, CHUQ and Department of Surgery, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 36:310-39. 2008..Analyses of the explanted devices (gross observations, RX, CT scan, IVUS, angioscopy) confirmed the stability of this modular stent-graft...
- Complex differential spectral interferometryDaniel Kane; Fiscal Year: 2007..Currently available imaging tools (angioscopy, MRI, intravascular ultrasound) do not provide the high spatial resolution needed for this application...
- Clinical System for Arterial CharacterizationStephen Fulghum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Reflectance is already visually accessible in normal angioscopy, and yellow lipid may be seen diffusely through an otherwise white fibrous cap, depending on its thickness, and ..
- Spectral interferometry for in vivo imagingKristen Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Currently available imaging tools (angioscopy, MRI, intravascular ultrasound) do not provide the high spatial resolution needed for this application...
- Nanoparticles for Molecular MRI of AtherosclerosisZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide the basis for future advances in experimental studies of atherosclerogenesis and new clinical applications of non-invasive, in vivo MR imaging of atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- IN VIVO MOLECULAR MRI OF ATHEROTHROMBOTIC LESIONSZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- IN VIVO MOLECULAR MRI OF ATHEROTHROMBOTIC LESIONSZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO MOLECULAR MRI OF ATHEROTHROMBOTIC LESIONSZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoparticles for Molecular MRI of AtherosclerosisZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, novel imaging techniques offer new prospects to detect early stages and identify those individuals with higher risk. ..
- Controlled-Release HIF-1 Delivery for ArteriogenesisLawrence Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2005..These projects and career development plans will provide the resources, collaborative relationships, and academic foundation of which the candidate will build a successful career as an independent clinical scientist. ..