cardiovascular diagnostic techniques
Summary: Methods and procedures for the diagnosis of diseases or dysfunction of the cardiovascular system or its organs or demonstration of their physiological processes.
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Endothelial function: a surrogate endpoint in cardiovascular studies?Matthias Frick
Division of Cardiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Curr Pharm Des 13:1741-50. 2007..The value of endothelial function as a surrogate endpoint in cardiovascular studies is critically reviewed...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure: executive summary (update 2005): The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure of the European Society of CardiologyKarl Swedberg
Sahlgrenska Academy at the Göteborg University, Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Eur Heart J 26:1115-40. 2005
- Long-term association of brachial artery flow-mediated vasodilation and cardiovascular events in middle-aged subjects with no apparent heart diseaseMichael Shechter
Heart Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Cardiol 134:52-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to detect the long-term association of peripheral vascular endothelial function and clinical outcome in healthy subjects without apparent coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Task force on the management of chest painL Erhardt
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur Heart J 23:1153-76. 2002
- Early exercise testing in the management of low risk patients in chest pain centersEzra A Amsterdam
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, Davis, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 46:438-52. 2004
- A high ankle-brachial index is associated with increased cardiovascular disease morbidity and lower quality of lifeMatthew A Allison
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1292-8. 2008..The purpose of this study is to determine if an ankle-brachial index (ABI) >or=1.40 is associated with reduced quality of life (QoL)...
- Endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk prediction in peripheral arterial disease: additive value of flow-mediated dilation to ankle-brachial pressure indexGregorio Brevetti
Department of Clinical Medicine and Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Circulation 108:2093-8. 2003..The study was specially aimed at assessing whether brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) added to the predictive value of ankle-brachial pressure index (ABPI)...
- Interrelationship between non-invasive measurements of atherosclerosis: flow-mediated dilation of brachial artery, carotid intima-media thickness and pulse wave velocityKumiko Kobayashi
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Atherosclerosis 173:13-8. 2004..These results suggest that FMD, IMT and PWV are related to each other, but the combination of these measurements will be of stronger clinical relevance...
- Clinical aspects of assessment of endothelial functionJarosław D Kasprzak
Department of Rapid Cardiac Diagnostics, II Chair of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Bieganski Hospital, Kniaziewicza 1 5, PL 91 347 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 58:33-40. 2006..This article will review the growing literature in an effort to evaluate methods of assessment of endothelial function and its clinical utility...
- Evaluation of mechanical arterial properties: clinical, experimental and therapeutic aspectsGary E McVeigh
Department of Therapeutics and Pharmacology, Whitla Medical Building, Queen s University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 102:51-67. 2002..A detailed discussion of these issues forms the basis of this review...
- [Noninvasive tests of atherosclerotic burden in asymptomatic people with high cardiovascular risk]András Vértes
Gottsegen György Országos Kardiológiai Intézet, Felnott Kardiológiai Osztály, Budapest
Orv Hetil 146:1663-71. 2005..If a patient is found to have abnormal non-invasive test, this patient can be elevated to a higher risk category...
- Risk factors of peripheral arterial disease and relationship between low ankle - brachial index and mortality from all-cause and cardiovascular disease in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetesJue Li
Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Center, Tongji University, Shanghai, P R China
Circ J 71:377-81. 2007....
- [Nuclear Cardiology in the presence of the new scenario of imaging diagnosis in cardiology]Joan Castell-Conesa
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:225-7. 2006
- Baroreflex effectiveness index and baroreflex sensitivity predict all-cause mortality and sudden death in hypertensive patients with chronic renal failureMats Johansson
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Hypertens 25:163-8. 2007....
- Noninvasive assessment of arterial stiffness and risk of atherosclerotic eventsJames J Oliver
Clinical Pharmacology Unit and Research Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:554-66. 2003..Finally, the effects of current and future cardiovascular drugs on arterial stiffness are also discussed, as is the relationship between arterial elasticity and endothelial function...
- Fundamentals of endothelial function for the clinical cardiologistSubodh Verma
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, University of Calgary, Canada
Circulation 105:546-9. 2002
- [Concept of vascular failure]Toru Kato
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:576-9. 2007
- Endothelium-dependent vasodilation, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome in an elderly cohort: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 196:795-802. 2008..In the Prospective Study of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study, different techniques to assess vasodilation in conduit and resistance arteries were evaluated in relation to the MetS and insulin resistance...
- Novel index for invasively assessing the coronary microcirculationWilliam F Fearon
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Circulation 107:3129-32. 2003..A relatively simple, invasive method for quantitatively assessing the status of the coronary microcirculation independent of the epicardial artery is lacking...
- A comparison of three different methods to evaluate endothelium-dependent vasodilation in the elderly: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2368-75. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility and usefulness of these techniques in the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study...
- Endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease: a comparison of three frequently reported testsStefan H J Monnink
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
J Investig Med 50:19-24. 2002..This study aimed to compare the three most frequently reported endothelial function tests...
- [Establishment of a clinical method for evaluating flow-mediated vasodilation(FMD) in brachial artery]Tetsuya Oshima
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima 734 8554
Rinsho Byori 52:158-61. 2004..These measurements may offer useful tools for assessment of endothelial function...
- B-flow, a non-Doppler technology for flow mapping: early experience in the abdomenRonald H Wachsberg
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Ultrasound Q 19:114-22. 2003..This article introduces the author's early experience using B-flow in the abdomen, and illustrates the potential advantages this technique offers relative to Doppler flow mapping...
- Noninvasive assessment of vascular functionDaniel Schneditz
Institute of Physiology, Institute for Physiological Medicine, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Contrib Nephrol 149:306-14. 2005....
- Noninvasive measures of cardiovascular changes in diabetes mellitusR Paul Wadwa
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 6511, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 14:263-8. 2007..Such markers have gained popularity for research and clinical use. This paper reviews recent studies using noninvasive technology for detection and monitoring of cardiovascular disease as it pertains to diabetes patients...
- The James B. Herrick Award Lecture. 2003. Clinical research: whose agenda is it?Jay N Cohn
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Mayo Mail Code 508, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, Minn 55455, USA
Circulation 109:2256-62. 2004
- ACCF/AHA 2007 clinical competence statement on vascular imaging with computed tomography and magnetic resonance: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association/American College of Physicians Task Force on Clinical ComChristopher M Kramer
Circulation 116:1318-35. 2007
- [Cardiovascular medicine in the updated German diagnosis-related groups (G-DRG) for the year 2004]N Roeder
DRG Research Group, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:266-77. 2004....
- Tele-cardiologyM Molefi
Tele Medicine Lead Programme, Medical Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Cardiovasc J S Afr 17:27-32. 2006..Finally, a mention is made of the relevance of tele-medicine to education and the costs related to cardiology, with an indication of some future needs for tele-cardiology...
- The future of cardiovascular imaging and non-invasive diagnosis: a joint statement from the European Association of Echocardiography, the Working Groups on Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Computers in Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology, of the EuropeanA G Fraser
European Association of Echocardiography, ESC Office for Associations, The European Heart House, 2035 Route des Colles, B P 179 Les Templiers, FR 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur J Echocardiogr 7:268-73. 2006..This statement summarises the principles that should guide developments in cardiovascular diagnostic services...
- Teaching proper cardiovascular physical diagnosisTsung O Cheng
Clin Cardiol 29:186. 2006
- A neural computational aid to the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarctionWilliam G Baxt
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:366-73. 2002..However, these studies did not measure network performance in real time, when a significant amount of data required for network function may not be available. They also did not use chemical cardiac marker data...
- Epicardial coronary artery constriction to cold pressor test is predictive of cardiovascular events in hypertensive patients with angiographically normal coronary arteries and without other major coronary risk factorAlain Nitenberg
Service de Physiologie et d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Jean Verdier, Avenue du 14 Juillet, Universite Paris XIII, 93143 Bondy, France
Atherosclerosis 173:115-23. 2004....
- Coronary artery disease: diagnostic and prognostic models for reducing patient riskD Douglas Miller
Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 21:S2-16; quiz S17-9. 2006..Advances in computer technology have made sophisticated devices, such as the gated SPECT, a routine part of cardiology...
- Cardiothoracic ratio, malnutrition, inflammation, and two-year mortality in non-diabetic patients on maintenance hemodialysisKuan Hsing Chen
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, School of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Kidney Blood Press Res 31:143-51. 2008..The clinical significance of CTR in non-diabetic maintenance hemodialysis (MHD) patients remains unclear...
- Prognostic role of baroreflex control of heart rate: further insights from dynamic assessment of baroreceptor-cardiac reflex?Ferdinando Iellamo
J Hypertens 25:51-3. 2007
- Receiver-operating characteristic analysis for evaluating diagnostic tests and predictive modelsKelly H Zou
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 115:654-7. 2007
- Clinical assessment of endothelial dysfunction: combine and ruleMichael S Goligorsky
New York Medical College, Department of Medicine, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 15:617-24. 2006..To briefly survey the literature for the past 2-3 years on the subject of diagnostic and prognostic markers of endothelial cell dysfunction...
- [Measurement of pulse wave "augmentation index (AI) "and its clinical application]Yoshinori Miyawaki
Scientific and Clinical Research Department, Business Development Center, Omron Healthcare Co, Ltd, Kyoto 615 0084
Rinsho Byori 52:676-85. 2004..Thus, it is the management for both situations of the heart and the artery that matters, and AI can be regarded as a new marker of cardiovascular disease for suitable clinical management on both heart and artery...
- Is the Allen test reliable enough?Mika Kohonen
Heart Center, Department of Clinical Physiology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:902-5. 2007..The Allen test is a widely used screening method of hand circulation. Our aim was to study whether the Allen test alone gives sufficient information for harvesting the radial artery in coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Novel methodology to comprehensively assess retinal arteriolar vascular reactivity to hypercapniaSubha T Venkataraman
Retina Research Group, School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Microvasc Res 72:101-7. 2006..2) Determine the magnitude of the vascular reactivity response of the retinal arterioles to hypercapnic provocation in healthy, young subjects...
- The area of the pressure-flow loop for assessment of arterial stenosis: a new indexZehava Ovadia-Blechman
Neufeld Cardiac Research Institute, Tel Aviv University, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
Technol Health Care 10:39-56. 2002..9). This innovative approach could significantly contribute to detecting and evaluating arterial stenoses, and to characterize the elasticity of the artery...
- Natural history of physical function in older men with intermittent claudicationAndrew W Gardner
Department of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:73-8. 2004..This study was undertaken to determine the natural history of physical function in older men limited by intermittent claudication...
- Comparison of recent utilization trends in radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging among radiologists and cardiologistsDavid C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:821-4. 2005..To study recent practice patterns in radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) and related procedures among radiologists, cardiologists, and other physicians...
- Impact of ageing on the measurement of endothelium-dependent vasodilationL Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Akademiska sjukhuset, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacol Rep 58:41-6. 2006..The usefulness of other methods used in population studies, such as pulse wave analysis using a beta-2 receptor agonist as vasodilator and the hyperaemic blood flow velocity have to be further validated...
- [Bene diagnoscitur, dene curatur]E E Gogin
Ter Arkh 76:5-8. 2004
- Measurement of flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery is affected by local elastic vessel wall properties in high-risk patientsDaniel R Witte
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Str 6 131, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 182:323-30. 2005..To assess whether the validity of endothelial function measurement by flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) is affected by local brachial artery stiffness (distensibility coefficient; DC) and arterial wall thickness (intima-media thickness, IMT)...
- [Evaluation of the appropriateness of prescribing non-invasive cardiologic tests]Roberto Lorenzoni
U O di Malattie Cardiovascolari Ospedale Campo di Marte 55100 Lucca
Ital Heart J Suppl 3:607-12. 2002....
- Disparities in utilization of coronary artery disease treatment by gender, race, and ethnicity: opportunities for preventionSarita Bhalotra
Schneider Institutes for Health Policy, The Heller School, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 18:36-49. 2007..Comprehensive solutions will require addressing the barriers at the system, the provider, and the patient level. An early intervention approach that addresses multiple risk factors should be a high priority...
- Normality of upper and lower peripheral pulse transit time of normotensive and hypertensive childrenJong Yong Abdiel Foo
Biomedical Engineering Research Centre, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Drive, Research Techno Plaza, XFrontiers Block, Singapore, Singapore
J Clin Monit Comput 21:243-8. 2007..Thus, it becomes important to understand the PTTR normality and difference of hypertensive children when compared to those measured from normotensive children...
- Self-mixing in a diode laser as a method for cardiovascular diagnosticsKalju Meigas
Tallinn Technical University, Biomedical Engineering Centre, Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
J Biomed Opt 8:152-60. 2003....
- Differential influence of family history of hypertension and premature myocardial infarction on systolic blood pressure and left ventricular mass trajectories in youthJ Caroline Dekkers
Georgia Prevention Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3710, USA
Pediatrics 111:1387-93. 2003....
- [Pulse wave velocity(PWV)]Sanae Harada
Kyoto Industrial Health Association
Nihon Rinsho 62:1136-42. 2004..Reversibility of baPWV suggests that vessel damage is not so serious and may be only endothelial dysfunction. Therefore baPWV should be monitored and ameliorated in treating metabolic syndrome...
- Low-gradient aortic stenosis: operative risk stratification and predictors for long-term outcome: a multicenter study using dobutamine stress hemodynamicsJean Luc Monin
Department of Cardiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Circulation 108:319-24. 2003..Larger studies are needed to define the criteria for selecting the patients who will benefit from valve replacement...
- [Cardiac imaging]J F Deux
J Radiol 83:927-9. 2002
- How useful are clinical features in the diagnosis of acute, undifferentiated chest pain?Steve Goodacre
Medical Care Research Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Acad Emerg Med 9:203-8. 2002..To measure the predictive value and diagnostic performance of clinical features used to diagnose coronary syndromes in patients presenting with acute, undifferentiated chest pain...
- Cytokines in patients with ischaemic heart disease or myocardial infarctionAnna Bossowska
SP ZOZ MSWiA, Białystok, Poland
Kardiol Pol 59:105-14. 2003....
- Prediction scores after myocardial infarction: value, limitations, and future directionsWilliam S Weintraub
Circulation 106:2292-3. 2002
- Acute Coronary Syndrome patients in New Zealand receive less invasive management when admitted to hospitals without invasive facilitiesChris Ellis
NZACS Audit Group, University Department of Medicine, 12th Floor, Services Building, Auckland City Hospital, Grafton, Auckland
N Z Med J 117:U954. 2004..To compare differences in the presentation and management of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients presenting to interventional versus non-interventional New Zealand hospitals...
- Comparison of left atrial dimensions by transesophageal and transthoracic echocardiographyHarshinder Singh
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506, USA
Echocardiography 22:789-96. 2005..This view had the best correlation with transthoracic LA measurements: r = 0.79 for TEE long axis (CI 0.71-0.85), P <.0001...
- JACC has offspringAnthony N Demaria
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:826-7. 2007
- On "Getting the right message"Sean P Collins
Ann Emerg Med 49:383-4; author reply 384. 2007
- The ability of PiCCO versus LiDCO variables to detect changes in cardiac index: a prospective clinical studyA Donati
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Department of Neurosciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 74:367-74. 2008..We investigated the agreement between SVV and PPV, as well as the reliability of LiDCO- and PiCCO-measured SVV, PPV and ITBVI, in detecting fluid responsiveness before and after fluid challenge (FC)...
- Complex aortic disease: changes in perception, evaluation and managementTara M Mastracci
Endovascular and Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:17S-23S; discussion 23S. 2008..We will outline some of the changes in the conceptual approach that we consider important to the treatment of complex aortic disease...
- Methods and limitations of assessing new noninvasive tests: part I: Anatomy-based validation of noninvasive testingRory Hachamovitch
Division of Nuclear Medicine PET, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 117:2684-90. 2008
- Coronary plaque burden and cardiovascular risk factors: single-point versus serial assessmentClemens von Birgelen
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1914-5; author reply 1915-6. 2006
- Noninvasive measures of vascular health are reliable in preschool-aged childrenKatharine D Currie
Department of Kinesiology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 35:512-7. 2010..63) is likely attributable to the variability of blood pressure measurements. This study confirms that vascular measurements demonstrate substantial reliability in preschool-aged children as young as 2 years...
- Diagnosis of heart failure in primary careCandida Fonseca
São Francisco Xavier Hospital, Medical Sciences School, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
Heart Fail Rev 11:95-107. 2006..Improving diagnostic skills remains a continuous challenge for clinicians. Simple and reliable diagnostic procedures are crucial to comply with Guidelines and reduce healthcare utilisation and costs...
- Assessment of manual blood pressure and heart rate measurement skills of pharmacy students: a follow-up investigationKatherine E Elliott
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 72:60. 2008..To evaluate the impact of a laboratory course on the manual blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) measurement skills of pharmacy students...
- Autonomic testing: common techniques and clinical applicationsLouis H Weimer
EMG Laboratory and Clinical Autonomic Laboratory, Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurologist 16:215-22. 2010....
- The medical and economic impact of preoperative cardiac testing in elderly patients with hip fracturesWilliam M Ricci
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Injury 38:S49-52. 2007..To assess the medical and economic impact of preoperative cardiac testing (stress thallium imaging or echocardiography) on the treatment of elderly patients with hip fractures...
- Comparison of the intracoronary continuous infusion method using a microcatheter and the intravenous continuous adenosine infusion method for inducing maximal hyperemia for fractional flow reserve measurementMyeong Ho Yoon
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
Am Heart J 157:1050-6. 2009..We evaluated the efficacy of the intracoronary (IC) continuous adenosine infusion method via a microcatheter for inducing maximal coronary hyperemia...
- Highly sensitive rapid, reliable, and automatic cardiovascular disease diagnosis with nanoparticle fluorescence enhancer and memsBin Hong
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 614:265-73. 2008....
- Simultaneous multi-depth assessment of tissue oxygen saturation in thenar and forearm using near-infrared spectroscopy during a simple cardiovascular challengeRick Bezemer
Department of Translational Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care 13:S5. 2009....
- The 2006 ACR Forum: cardiovascular imaging: learning from the past, strategies for the futureRichard B Gunderman
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5200, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:24-31. 2007....
- Are we ready to be cardiac imagers?Saurabh Jha
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Radiology, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:375-6. 2006
- Does this patient with palpitations have a cardiac arrhythmia?Paaladinesh Thavendiranathan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 302:2135-43. 2009..Differentiating benign causes from those resulting from clinically significant cardiac arrhythmia can be challenging and the clinical examination may aid in this process...
- [Infective endocarditis]Matta Matta
Universite Paris Descartes, Unité mobile de microbiologie clinique, Service de Microbiologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 75908 Paris Cedex 15
Rev Prat 58:1029-35. 2008
- Intensive cardiovascular examination regarding blood pressure levels: evaluation of risk groups. ICEBERG studyKemalettin Buyukozturk
Cardiology Department, Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Blood Press 15:291-301. 2006....
- Eighth Annual Mario S. Verani, MD Memorial Lecture: Nuclear cardiology in the era of multimodality cardiac imaging: Can we survive?Manuel D Cerqueira
Imaging and Heart and Vascular Institutes, Cleveland Clinic Jb3, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 17:177-87. 2010..It is in the best interest of nuclear cardiology and patients to pursue the latter course...
- New methods for improved evaluation of patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome in the emergency departmentU Ekelund
Division of Emergency Medicine, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Emerg Med J 24:811-4. 2007..With a suitable combination of new methods, it is likely that more patients can be managed as outpatients, that length of stay can be shortened for those admitted, and that some patients with ACS can get earlier treatment...
- Responsible use of computed tomography in the evaluation of coronary artery disease and chest painDavid E Winchester
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:358-64. 2010..Advances in technique can reduce radiation dose by 90%. With appropriate patient selection, cardiac CT can accurately diagnose heart disease, markedly decrease health care costs, and reliably predict clinical outcomes...
- Vascular stiffness: its measurement and significance for epidemiologic and outcome studiesStephanie S DeLoach
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:184-92. 2008....
- The diagnostic and prognostic value of myocardial perfusion imagingDaryl Burrows
Department of Medicine, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, USA
J Ark Med Soc 104:158-9. 2008
- Construction of a lower body negative pressure chamberBen T A Esch
Cardiovascular Physiology and Rehabilitation Laboratory, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Adv Physiol Educ 31:76-81. 2007..Our pressure chamber has been stress tested to 100 mmHg below atmospheric pressure and has been used successfully to test orthostatic tolerance and physiological responses to -50 mmHg...
- Identification of blood pressure control mechanisms by power spectral analysisHarald M Stauss
Department of Integrative Physiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:362-8. 2007..The limitation that some cardiovascular control mechanisms affect the same frequency components of BPV requires the combination of blood pressure spectral analysis with other techniques...
- Novel predictors of acute coronary syndrome outcomesLorraine Frazier
Systems and Technology Department, University of Texas at Houston School of Nursing, 1100 Holcombe, Suite 5 528, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biol Res Nurs 5:30-6. 2003..Future research of EIMs in patients with ACS might provide evidence of easy-to-measure and economically feasible markers that are sound prognosticators...
- Reproducibility of HTS-SQUID magnetocardiography in an unshielded clinical environmentU Leder
Universitat Jena, Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Erlanger Allee 101, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Int J Cardiol 79:237-43. 2001..Therefore, before clinically applying HTS-MCG systems to the detection of repolarization abnormalities in acute coronary syndromes, further technical development of the systems is necessary to improve the signal-to-noise ratio...
- Thoracic aortic aneurysmsDeborah G Klein
Cardiac ICU and Heart Failure Special Care Unit, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44022, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 20:245-50. 2005..The clinical presentation varies and may mimic other more common disease processes. Early recognition on the basis of a focused history, physical examination, appropriate diagnostic studies, and management is essential for good outcomes...
- Is impaired flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery a cardiovascular risk factor?Stefan Agewall
Department of Cardiology, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, S 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 1:107-9. 2003..There are a few concise studies reporting that FMD predicts cardiovascular events. However, the assumption that focal measurement of brachial artery FMD predicts coronary artery disease deserves further investigation...
- Laboratory monitoring in oncologyCathy D Duong
Medical Affairs and Community Oncology, Alberta Cancer Board, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Oncol Pharm Pract 12:223-36. 2006..To educate pharmacists about the application of laboratory values in oncology...
- 'Rescue' radiofrequency ablation for atrial tachycardia presenting as cardiomyopathy in pregnancySameer V Pagad
Quintiles ECG Services and Arrhythmia Associates, Mumbai
Indian Heart J 56:245-7. 2004..A young primiparous lady presented with drug-refractory atrial tachycardia which had led to cardiomyopathy. Three attempts with electrical cardioversion were also unsuccessful. She was rescued by radiofrequency ablation...
- A novel method of assessing Starr-Edwards aortic valve stenosisR J Edwards
Heart 90:1479-80. 2004
- Laser Doppler anemometry distinguishes primary Raynaud phenomenon from VWF syndromeSophie Ziegler
Division of Angiology, Clinic for Internal Medicine II, University of Vienna of the Vienna General Hospital, Wahringer Gurtel, Vienna, Austria
Microvasc Res 68:203-8. 2004....
- [Task Force on the management of chest pain]L Erhardt
Ital Heart J Suppl 5:298-323. 2004
- Does the ownership of the admitting hospital make a difference? Outcomes and process of care of Medicare beneficiaries admitted with acute myocardial infarctionFrank A Sloan
Department of Economics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Med Care 41:1193-205. 2003..Concerns have been expressed about quality of for-profit hospitals and their use of expensive technologies...
- [Evaluation of the effects of occupational noxae on the cardiovascular system]G Muzi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Sezione di Medicina del Lavoro e Tossicologia Professionale e Ambientale, Universita di Perugia, Via E dal Pozzo, 06122 Perugia
Med Lav 95:145-57. 2004..Working conditions and the environment may contribute to the multi-factorial aetiology of cardiovascular disease...
- The Valsalva maneuver-3 centuries laterRick A Nishimura
Mayo Clin Proc 79:577-8. 2004
- Quantification of power Doppler and the index 'fractional moving blood volume' (FMBV)A Welsh
Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:323-6. 2004
- Regarding "routine early postoperative duplex scanning is unnecessary following uncomplicated carotid endarterectomy"Christos D Liapis
Vasc Endovascular Surg 37:229; author reply 229-30. 2003
- Keep the management of hypertension simpleMarvin Moser
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 6:113-5. 2004
- Subclinical Renal Artery Atherosclerosis, Kidney Function and HypertensionMatthew A Allison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, the overrepresentation of ethnic minority groups in MESA will allow for testing of interactions with ethnicity. We are unaware of any other population-based study adequate to study the stated aims. ..
- Abdominal Body Composition, Inflammation and Cardiovascular DiseaaseMatthew Allison; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are unaware of any other population-based study that is as comprehensive as this to study the stated aims. ..
- Integrative Cardiovascular Biology of Apelin-APJEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments described herein will provide a sound mechanistic basis for the future translation of this body of work to the clinical domain. (End of Abstract) ..
- Heart-Lung Interactions & Cardiovascular InsufficiencyMichael Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- STICH-Trial Cardiovascular Magenetic Resonance Core LabGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Prediction of Cardiomyopathy in Type I Diabetes by MRSGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will provide valuable information for the development of novel therapeutic interventions and improved management of diabetic patients with cardiac disease...
- PREVENTION OF VASCULOPATHY AND NEPHROPATHY IN METABOLIC SYNDROMEMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The investigations may shed light on mechanisms of premature senescence of endothelial cells, role of peroxynitrite in initiating it, and potential therapeutic efficacy of peroxynitrite scavenging in amelioration of vasculopathy. ..
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Number of publicationsand manuscriptsacceptedfor publication (not to exceed 10) 10 Other items (list): 1. Color illustrations from the grant application 2. Movies - intravital videomicroscopy supplement ..
- Endothelial Hyperpolarization in HumansArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOEMS device for fluorescence spectroscopy of tissues and cellsLaura Marcu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The device will widely be applied to various biomedical instruments that require wavelength differentiation and selection. ..
- PREVENTION OF VASCULOPATHY AND NEPHROPATHY IN METABOLIC SYNDROMEMichael S Goligorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is anticipated that novel therapeutic strategies should be disclosed, which could be applicable to prevention of acute renal failure. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL THERAPEUTICS IN CRITICAL ILLNESSMichael Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, formal research presentations by the trainees will be given biannually to the local research community. ..
- Weibel - Palade Bodies - Sentinels of Acute IschemiaMichael S Goligorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- Signal Transduction in the Heart after Cancer TherapyKATHLEEN LOUISE GABRIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The public health significance of this project is that we aim to protect patients from severe cardiotoxic effects of anti-cancer drugs, which in many cases, limits the use of otherwise effective therapies. ..
- Interactions among Depressive Symptoms and Genetic Influences on Cardiac OutcomesLorraine Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2009..Occurrence of MACE will be followed for 2 years. Data will be analyzed using logistic regression and survival analysis. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Interactions among Depressive Symptoms and Genetic Influences on Cardiac OutcomesLorraine Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2007..Occurrence of MACE will be followed for 2 years. Data will be analyzed using logistic regression and survival analysis. ..
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that novel therapeutic strategies should be disclosed, which could be applicable to prevention of acute renal failure. ..
- INTEGRINS IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Time-Resolved Spectroscopy of Unstable Arterial PlaquesLaura Marcu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will facilitate translation of research findings on carotid lesions into clinical practice for identifying and treating those patients who are more likely to have an unstable plaque. ..
- Imaging Apoptosis to Detect Unstable Atheromatous PlaqueJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impending surgical intervention will allow histopathological evaluation of the endarterectomy specimens to define potential utility of annexin imaging. ..
- VASCULAR PERMEABILITY IN DIABETIC NEPHROPATHYMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..If proven to be correct, this hypothesis could delineate new therapeutic approaches to prevent the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Signal Transduction in the Heart after Cancer TherapyKathleen Gabrielson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The public health significance of this project is that we aim to protect patients from severe cardiotoxic effects of anti-cancer drugs, which in many cases, limits the use of otherwise effective therapies. ..
- Interactions among Depressive Symptoms and Genetic Influences on Cardiac OutcomesLorraine Q Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2010..Occurrence of MACE will be followed for 2 years. Data will be analyzed using logistic regression and survival analysis. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION, NITRIC OXIDE AND RENAL FAILUREMichael S Goligorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Targeting MMPS to Image AtherosclerosisJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2007..The extent of inflammation and MMP expression in the plaques will be ascertained histopathologically. (End of Abstract) ..
- INTEGRINS IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Signal Transduction in the Heart after Cancer TherapyKathleen Gabrielson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The public health significance of this project is that we aim to protect patients from severe cardiotoxic effects of anti-cancer drugs, which in many cases, limits the use of otherwise effective therapies. ..
- 3T MR imaging/spectrometer for heart and brain researchGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, it will provide an ideal experimental platform for numerous grants that are currently under review. ..
- The Emory-Morehouse Partnership to Reduce CV DisparitiesArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 4: To enhance the education/training of fellows/practitioners engaged in CVD disparities research/practice and promote partnerships that enhance cardiovascular health within ethnic communities. ..
- STICH-Trial Cardiovascular Magenetic Resonance Core LabGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION, NITRIC OXIDE AND RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Interactions among Depressive Symptoms and Genetic Influences on Cardiac OutcomesLorraine Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ability to decrease mortality and morbidity in ACS patients would benefit public health efforts, particularly efforts to improve the health of older persons, who are more prone to coronary events. ..
- Weibel - Palade Bodies - Sentinels of Acute IschemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Subclinical Renal Artery Atherosclerosis, Kidney Function and HypertensionMatthew Allison; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, the overrepresentation of ethnic minority groups in MESA will allow for testing of interactions with ethnicity. We are unaware of any other population-based study adequate to study the stated aims. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION, NITRIC OXIDE AND RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009....