Genomes and Genes
computer assisted image interpretation
Summary: Methods developed to aid in the interpretation of ultrasound, radiographic images, etc., for diagnosis of disease.
Publications318 found, 100 shown here
- Image reconstruction in SNR units: a general method for SNR measurementPeter Kellman
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1061, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:1439-47. 2005..The procedure includes scaling for noise equivalent bandwidth of digital receivers, FFTs and associated window functions (raw data filters), and array combining...
- Tissue characterisation using intravascular radiofrequency data analysis: recommendations for acquisition, analysis, interpretation and reportingHector M Garcia-Garcia
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 5:177-89. 2009....
- MRI-derived measurements of human subcortical, ventricular and intracranial brain volumes: Reliability effects of scan sessions, acquisition sequences, data analyses, scanner upgrade, scanner vendors and field strengthsJorge Jovicich
Center for Mind Brain Sciences, Department of Cognitive and Education Sciences, University of Trento, Italy
Neuroimage 46:177-92. 2009..The results derived from the young groups (scanner upgrade effects and B1 inhomogeneity correction effects) should be considered as preliminary and in need for further validation with a larger dataset...
- Effects of noise, image resolution, and ROI definition on the accuracy of standard uptake values: a simulation studyRonald Boellaard
PET Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 45:1519-27. 2004..Therefore, an experimental and simulation study was performed to determine the effects of noise, image resolution, and region-of-interest (ROI) definition on the accuracy of SUVs...
- Three-dimensional maximum probability atlas of the human brain, with particular reference to the temporal lobeAlexander Hammers
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 19:224-47. 2003..Its potential applications range from the automatic labeling of new scans to the detection of anatomical abnormalities in patients. Further data can be extracted from the atlas for the detailed analysis of individual structures...
- Sparse MRI: The application of compressed sensing for rapid MR imagingMichael Lustig
Magnetic Resonance Systems Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 9510, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:1182-95. 2007..Examples demonstrate improved spatial resolution and accelerated acquisition for multislice fast spin-echo brain imaging and 3D contrast enhanced angiography...
- Automated segmentation, classification, and tracking of cancer cell nuclei in time-lapse microscopyXiaowei Chen
HCNR Center for Bioinformatics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:762-6. 2006..Experimental results show that the proposed method is efficient and effective in cell tracking and phase identification...
- Discrimination between Alzheimer disease, mild cognitive impairment, and normal aging by using automated segmentation of the hippocampusOlivier Colliot
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR640 LENA, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Radiology 248:194-201. 2008....
- Textural analysis of contrast-enhanced MR images of the breastPeter Gibbs
Academic Department of Radiology, University of Hull, Hull, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 50:92-8. 2003..On combining features obtained using textural analysis with lesion size, time to maximum enhancement, and patient age, a diagnostic accuracy of A(z) = 0.92 +/- 0.05 was demonstrated...
- Development and evaluation of an automated atlas-based image analysis method for microPET studies of the rat brainDaniel J Rubins
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroimage 20:2100-18. 2003..Its automated features, and applicability to different radioligands and brain regions, will facilitate quantitative rat brain PET assessment procedures...
- Computing average shaped tissue probability templatesJohn Ashburner
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, 12 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 45:333-41. 2009..g. grey and white matter) are registered simultaneously with the current template estimate. In order to generalise the resulting template to a broader range of subjects, a template blurriness prior is included within the model...
- Normalized cuts in 3-D for spinal MRI segmentationJulio Carballido-Gamio
Joint Graduate Group in Bioengineering, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 1290, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:36-44. 2004..Results of the segmentation as well as limitations and challenges in this area are presented...
- Long-term global and regional brain volume changes following severe traumatic brain injury: a longitudinal study with clinical correlatesAnnette Sidaros
Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Neuroimage 44:1-8. 2009..This indicates that the long-term atrophy is attributable to consequences of traumatic axonal injury. Despite progressive atrophy, remarkable clinical improvement occurred in most patients...
- White matter damage in Alzheimer disease and mild cognitive impairment: assessment with diffusion-tensor MR imaging and parallel imaging techniquesRobert Stahl
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Radiology 243:483-92. 2007....
- Baseline and longitudinal patterns of brain atrophy in MCI patients, and their use in prediction of short-term conversion to AD: results from ADNIChandan Misra
Department of Radiology, Section of Biomedical Image Analysis, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuroimage 44:1415-22. 2009..These pattern classification schemes, which distill spatial patterns of atrophy to a single abnormality score, offer promise as biomarkers of AD and as predictors of subsequent clinical progression, on an individual patient basis...
- Influence of RF spoiling on the stability and accuracy of T1 mapping based on spoiled FLASH with varying flip anglesC Preibisch
Brain Imaging Center, University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Magn Reson Med 61:125-35. 2009..An algorithm is presented that allows for the calculation of corrected T(1) maps from the apparent values. The method is tested both in phantom experiments and in vivo by acquiring whole-brain T(1) maps of the human brain...
- Validation of a fully automated 3D hippocampal segmentation method using subjects with Alzheimer's disease mild cognitive impairment, and elderly controlsJonathan H Morra
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Neuroimage 43:59-68. 2008..Our error metrics compare favorably with those previously reported for other automated hippocampal segmentations, suggesting the utility of the approach for large-scale studies...
- Volumetric texture analysis of breast lesions on contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagesWeijie Chen
Department of Radiology, Committee on Medical Physics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:562-71. 2007..Our investigations of the effects of various of parameters on the diagnostic accuracy provided means for the optimal use of the approach...
- Diffusion spectrum MRI tractography reveals the presence of a complex network of residual myofibers in infarcted myocardiumDavid E Sosnovik
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:206-12. 2009..Unlike diffusion tensor imaging, DSI tractography resolves multiple myofiber populations per voxel, thus generating accurate 3D tractograms, which we present in the myocardium for the first time...
- Anatomically constrained region deformation for the automated segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala: Method and validation on controls and patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, UCL, UK
Neuroimage 34:996-1019. 2007..The proposed approach provides a new framework for further developments in quantitative analyses of the pathological hippocampus and amygdala in MRI scans...
- Localization accuracy in single-molecule microscopyRaimund J Ober
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas, USA
Biophys J 86:1185-200. 2004..The results demonstrate what is achievable by single-molecule microscopy and provide guidelines for experimental design...
- Diffusion tensor MR imaging and fiber tractography: technical considerationsP Mukherjee
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:843-52. 2008..An overview of current methods for quantitative analysis of DTI data and fiber tractography in clinical research is also provided...
- Two-dimensional strain--a Doppler-independent ultrasound method for quantitation of regional deformation: validation in vitro and in vivoJosef Korinek
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1247-53. 2005..We compared strains measured in vitro and in vivo by 2DSE with those obtained by sonomicrometry...
- Functional MR imaging of prostate cancerYoung Jun Choi
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poong nap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
Radiographics 27:63-75; discussion 75-7. 2007....
- 18F-FDG PET findings in frontotemporal dementia: an SPM analysis of 29 patientsYong Jeong
Department of Neurology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Nucl Med 46:233-9. 2005..The aim of the current study was 2-fold: (a) to delineate the brain regions with reduction of glucose metabolism, and (b) to investigate the hemispheric asymmetry of glucose metabolism in FTD using (18)F-FDG PET...
- Human brain white matter atlas: identification and assignment of common anatomical structures in superficial white matterKenichi Oishi
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuroimage 43:447-57. 2008..We anticipate that this atlas will be useful resource for atlas-based white matter anatomical studies...
- Quantitative 2D and 3D phase contrast MRI: optimized analysis of blood flow and vessel wall parametersA F Stalder
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical Physics, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 60:1218-31. 2008..Initial results in a patient with atherosclerosis suggest the potential of the method for understanding the formation and progression of cardiovascular diseases...
- Increased sensitivity in neuroimaging analyses using robust regressionTor D Wager
Department of Psychology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Neuroimage 26:99-113. 2005..We show that IRLS can have substantial benefits in analysis of group data and in estimating hemodynamic response shapes from time series data. We provide software to implement IRLS in group neuroimaging analyses...
- Signal and noise characteristics of Hahn SE and GE BOLD fMRI at 7 T in humansEssa Yacoub
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Neuroimage 24:738-50. 2005..It was concluded that HSE imaging yields a significantly reduced amount of nonspecific signals compared to GE imaging, and, would be the method of choice (over GE) for high-resolution applications in humans...
- Apparent diffusion coefficient values in peripheral and transition zones of the prostate: comparison between normal and malignant prostatic tissues and correlation with histologic gradeTsutomu Tamada
Department of Radiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:720-6. 2008....
- A novel iterative method for lesion delineation and volumetric quantification with FDG PETJorn A van Dalen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 28:485-93. 2007..A novel, model-based method is hypothesized to provide threshold levels independent f the SBR and to allow accurate measurement of volumes down to the resolution of the PET scanner...
- Accuracy and feasibility of online 3-dimensional echocardiography for measurement of left ventricular parametersCarly Jenkins
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:1119-28. 2006..We sought to compare offline and online approaches with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- The visual word form area and the frequency with which words are encountered: evidence from a parametric fMRI studyMartin Kronbichler
Department of Psychology, University of Salzburg, Austria
Neuroimage 21:946-53. 2004..This convergence suggests that fusiform regions are specialized for extracting and storing abstract patterns when processing visual objects and these patterns serve as recognition units in subsequent encounters with the same objects...
- Three-dimensional reconstruction and quantification of cervical carcinoma invasion fronts from histological serial sectionsUlf Dietrich Braumann
Interdisciplinary Center for Bioinformatics, University Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:1286-307. 2005..By this, we achieved the most detailed 3-D reconstruction of the invasion of solid tumors so far. Once reconstructed, the invasion front of the segmented tumor is quantified using discrete compactness...
- Texture-based classification of atherosclerotic carotid plaquesC I Christodoulou
Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, P O Box 3462, 1683 Nicosia, Cyprus
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:902-12. 2003..This group of patients may benefit from a carotid endarterectomy whereas other patients may be spared from an unnecessary operation...
- Recommendations for straightforward and rigorous methods of counting neurons based on a computer simulation approachC Schmitz
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, RWTH University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse Wendlingweg 2, 52057, Aachen, Germany
J Chem Neuroanat 20:93-114. 2000..In particular, we strongly recommend counting considerably more neurons than is currently done in the literature when estimating total neuronal numbers using design-based stereology...
- A volumetric method for estimation of breast density on digitized screen-film mammogramsOlga Pawluczyk
Imaging Bioengineering Research, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Department of Medical Biophysics, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Med Phys 30:352-64. 2003..Clinical studies are ongoing to evaluate whether VBD can be a better indicator for breast cancer risk...
- An introduction to PET-CT imagingVibhu Kapoor
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Radiographics 24:523-43. 2004..Understanding the principles of FDG PET-CT and the optimal scanning techniques and recognizing the potential pitfalls and limitations are important for advantageous use of this imaging modality...
- Variation of BOLD hemodynamic responses across subjects and brain regions and their effects on statistical analysesDaniel A Handwerker
Henry H Wheeler Jr Brain Imaging Center, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute and Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuroimage 21:1639-51. 2004..These results highlight the benefits of determining the best possible HRF estimate and potential negative consequences of assuming HRF consistency across subjects or brain regions...
- Operator induced variability in left ventricular measurements with cardiovascular magnetic resonance is improved after trainingTheodoros D Karamitsos
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:777-83. 2007..The aim of the study was to assess the interobserver variability of the manual planimetry of LV contours amongst two experienced and six inexperienced operators before and after a two months training period...
- Heterogeneity of white matter hyperintensities in Alzheimer's disease: post-mortem quantitative MRI and neuropathologyA A Gouw
Department of Neurology, Alzheimer Center and Image Analysis Center, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain 131:3286-98. 2008..Quantitative MRI techniques reveal differences in WMH between Alzheimer's disease and non-demented elderly, and are able to reflect the severity of the neuropathological changes involved...
- Reconstruction and visualization of fiber and laminar structure in the normal human heart from ex vivo diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging (DTMRI) dataDamien Rohmer
Life Sciences Division, Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, USA
Invest Radiol 42:777-89. 2007..The purpose of this study is the reconstruction and visualization of these structures in 3 dimensions...
- Imaging features that discriminate between foci induced by high- and low-LET radiation in human fibroblastsSylvain V Costes
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Radiat Res 165:505-15. 2006..Thus, even though double-strand breaks and radiation-induced foci are correlated, the dynamic nature of both contradicts their accepted equivalence for low doses of different radiation qualities...
- Spatial normalization of lesioned brains: performance evaluation and impact on fMRI analysesJenny Crinion
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 37:866-75. 2007..This has important implications for users of both structural and functional imaging techniques in the study of patients with structural brain damage...
- Parameter-optimized digital holographic microscope for high-resolution living-cell analysisDaniel Carl
Laboratory of Biophysics, University of Munster, Robert Koch Strasse 45, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Appl Opt 43:6536-44. 2004..The lateral and the axial resolutions of the system are discussed and quantified by application to technical objects and to living cells...
- Bayesian fMRI data analysis with sparse spatial basis function priorsGuillaume Flandin
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 34:1108-25. 2007..Results are shown on synthetic data and on data from an event-related fMRI experiment...
- Regional frontal cortical volumes decrease differentially in aging: an MRI study to compare volumetric approaches and voxel-based morphometryDanielle J Tisserand
Brain and Behaviour Institute, Maastricht University, 6229 GP Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 17:657-69. 2002..Overall, it was concluded that although semiautomated and voxel-based methods can provide a reasonable estimate of regional brain volume, they cannot serve as a substitute for manual volumetry...
- Late gadolinium enhancement: precursor to cardiomyopathy in Duchenne muscular dystrophy?Michael D Puchalski
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah and Primary Children s Medical Center, 100 N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 25:57-63. 2009....
- Assessment of fluctuating velocities in disturbed cardiovascular blood flow: in vivo feasibility of generalized phase-contrast MRIPetter Dyverfeldt
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:655-63. 2008..To evaluate the feasibility of generalized phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging (PC-MRI) for the noninvasive assessment of fluctuating velocities in cardiovascular blood flow...
- Transit of blood flow through the human left ventricle mapped by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceAnn F Bolger
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:741-7. 2007..Quantification of the components of multidirectional flow in the normal left ventricle (LV) is lacking, making it difficult to put the changes observed with LV dysfunction and cardiac surgery into context...
- Multilevel linear modelling for FMRI group analysis using Bayesian inferenceMark W Woolrich
Oxford Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Neuroimage 21:1732-47. 2004..We also demonstrate that we can infer on the top level of multilevel hierarchies by inferring on the levels of the hierarchy separately and passing summary statistics of a noncentral multivariate t distribution between them...
- Quantitative analysis of lesion morphology and texture features for diagnostic prediction in breast MRIKe Nie
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, CFOI, 164 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Acad Radiol 15:1513-25. 2008....
- Tracking myocardial motion from cine DENSE images using spatiotemporal phase unwrapping and temporal fittingB S Spottiswoode
MRC UCT Medical Imaging Research Unit, University of Cape Town, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:15-30. 2007..0% in mid-diastole. The improvement in intra-myocardial strain measurements due to temporal fitting is apparent in strain histograms, and also in identifying regions of dysfunctional myocardium in studies of patients with infarcts...
- Scoring diverse cellular morphologies in image-based screens with iterative feedback and machine learningThouis R Jones
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1826-31. 2009..By using this approach, we successfully scored images in RNA interference screens in 2 organisms for the prevalence of 15 diverse cellular morphologies, some of which were previously intractable...
- Texture analysis of optical coherence tomography images: feasibility for tissue classificationKirk W Gossage
University of Arizona, Biomedical Engineering Program, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0104, USA
J Biomed Opt 8:570-5. 2003..0 and 88.6%, respectively). This study shows that texture analysis of OCT images may be capable of differentiating tissue types without reliance on visible structures...
- Measurement of myocardial frequency offsets during first pass of a gadolinium-based contrast agent in perfusion studiesPedro Ferreira
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 60:860-70. 2008..However, when added to other sources of off-resonance it can cause dark rims in particular regions of the myocardium wall in balanced-SSFP sequences...
- Effectiveness of a noninvasive digital infrared thermal imaging system in the detection of breast cancerNimmi Arora
Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell, New York, NY, USA
Am J Surg 196:523-6. 2008..Digital infrared thermal imaging (DITI) has resurfaced in this era of modernized computer technology. Its role in the detection of breast cancer is evaluated...
- The relationship between diffusion tensor imaging and volumetry as measures of white matter propertiesAnders M Fjell
Center for the Study of Human Cognition, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Norway
Neuroimage 42:1654-68. 2008..Further, FA and WM volume are moderately to weakly related and to a large extent sensitive to different characteristics of WM integrity...
- VBM anticipates the rate of progression of Alzheimer disease: a 3-year longitudinal studyS Kinkingnehun
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Neurology 70:2201-11. 2008..To determine whether regional atrophy or neuropsychological factors can predict the rate of decline in patients with mild Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Computational methods for analysis of human breast tumor tissue in optical coherence tomography imagesAdam M Zysk
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, 405 N Mathews Ave, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:054015. 2006..Derived from preliminary OCT data, these methods are aimed at the development of automated diagnostic tools that will aid in the translation of this technology into the clinical environment...
- Attenuation correction in myocardial perfusion SPECT/CT: effects of misregistration and value of reregistrationSibyll Goetze
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1090-5. 2007..Misregistration will influence regional tracer distribution and may reduce diagnostic accuracy. This study focused on the role of misregistration in cardiac SPECT/CT and the performance of a software-based approach for reregistration...
- Navigator-gated 3D blood oxygen level-dependent CMR at 3.0-T for detection of stress-induced myocardial ischemic reactionsCosima Jahnke
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:375-84. 2010..This study determined the value of navigator-gated 3-dimensional blood oxygen level-dependent (BOLD) cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) at 3.0-T for the detection of stress-induced myocardial ischemic reactions...
- Segmentation of 4D cardiac MR images using a probabilistic atlas and the EM algorithmMaria Lorenzo-Valdés
Visual Information Processing Group, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, 180 Queens Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
Med Image Anal 8:255-65. 2004..93) and myocardium (0.94) when the atlas constructed with volunteers is blurred...
- Direct comparison of myocardial perfusion cardiovascular magnetic resonance sequences with parallel acquisitionJonathan C Lyne
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1444-51. 2007..To directly compare the three main myocardial perfusion cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) sequences incorporating parallel acquisition methods...
- Computer-aided diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease using support vector machines and classification treesD Salas-Gonzalez
Department of Signal Theory Networking and Communications, ETSIIT, University of Granada, Spain
Phys Med Biol 55:2807-17. 2010..They are chosen as feature vectors for two different classifiers: support vector machines with linear kernel and classification trees. The proposed methodology reaches greater than 95% accuracy in the classification task...
- Malignant-lesion segmentation using 4D co-occurrence texture analysis applied to dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance breast image dataBrent J Woods
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:495-501. 2007..To investigate the use of four-dimensional (4D) co-occurrence-based texture analysis to distinguish between nonmalignant and malignant tissues in dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MR images...
- Biexponential characterization of prostate tissue water diffusion decay curves over an extended b-factor rangeRobert V Mulkern
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 24:563-8. 2006....
- Differentiating benign from malignant solid breast masses with US strain imagingElizabeth S Burnside
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, E3 311 Clinical Science Center, Madison, WI 53792 3252, USA
Radiology 245:401-10. 2007..To prospectively evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of ultrasonographic (US) strain imaging for distinguishing between benign and malignant solid breast masses, with biopsy results as the reference standard...
- A population-average MRI-based atlas collection of the rhesus macaqueDonald G McLaren
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Wm S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Neuroimage 45:52-9. 2009..It is anticipated that these tools will help facilitate voxel-based imaging methodologies in non-human primate species, which in turn may increase our understanding of brain function, development, and evolution...
- Voxel-based detection of white matter abnormalities in mild Alzheimer diseaseS Xie
Radiology Department, Peking University First Hospital, 8 Xishiku St, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100034, China
Neurology 66:1845-9. 2006..To detect white matter abnormalities in patients with mild Alzheimer disease (AD) by diffusion tensor imaging and to determine their topographic relationship with gray matter atrophy...
- Speckle tracking ultrasound is independent of insonation angle and gain: an in vitro investigation of agreement with sonomicrometryKim Sivesgaard
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus, Denmark
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:852-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of different angles of insonation with a range of scanner settings...
- Rigid registration of 3-D ultrasound with MR images: a new approach combining intensity and gradient informationA Roche
INRIA Projet Epidaure, Sophia Antipolis, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 20:1038-49. 2001..A cross-validation study has been carried out using a number of phantom and clinical data. This indicates that the method is quite robust and that the worst registration errors are of the order of the MR image resolution...
- Intersubject variability in the anterior extent of the optic radiation assessed by tractographyDaniel Nilsson
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Section of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Epilepsy Research Group, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Epilepsy Res 77:11-6. 2007..This study aims to assess the intersubject variability in the course of Meyer's loop in vivo by diffusion tensor imaging and tractography...
- Atlas renormalization for improved brain MR image segmentation across scanner platformsXiao Han
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:479-86. 2007....
- Computer-assisted imaging to assess brain structure in healthy and diseased brainsJohn Ashburner
The Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 2:79-88. 2003....
- Automated 3-dimensional elastic registration of whole-body PET and CT from separate or combined scannersRaj Shekhar
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Nucl Med 46:1488-96. 2005..Although a combined PET/CT scanner removes many of these misalignments, breathing-related nonrigid mismatches still persist...
- Characterization of breast cancer types by texture analysis of magnetic resonance imagesKirsi Holli
Medical Imaging Centre, Tampere University Hospital, Post Box 2000, 33521 Tampere, Finland
Acad Radiol 17:135-41. 2010....
- Potential and feasibility of parallel MRI at high fieldFlorian Wiesinger
Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
NMR Biomed 19:368-78. 2006..In further sections, technical challenges and practical aspects are discussed. The feasibility of parallel MRI at ultra-high field is illustrated by current results of parallel human MRI at 7 T...
- Independent histogram pursuit for segmentation of skin lesionsDavid Delgado Gómez
Computational Imaging Lab, Department of Information and Communication Technologies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:157-61. 2008..The boundary detection precision using k-means segmentation was close to 97%. The proposed algorithm can be easily combined with the majority of classification algorithms...
- Unenhanced MR angiography of the thoracic aorta: initial clinical evaluationChristopher J Francois
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:902-6. 2008....
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance parameters of atherosclerotic plaque burden improve discrimination of prior major adverse cardiovascular eventsVenkatesh Mani
Imaging Science Laboratories Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:10. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine if patients with traditional risk factors and prior MACE had increased cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) plaque burden measures compared to patients with risk factors but no prior events...
- Automatic contour propagation in cine cardiac magnetic resonance imagesGilion Hautvast
Advanced Development Department, Philips Medical Systems Healthcare Informatics, 5680 DA Best, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:1472-82. 2006..Consequently, the resulting contours can be used to accurately determine physiological parameters such as stroke volume and ejection fraction...
- Colonic polyps: complementary role of computer-aided detection in CT colonographyRonald M Summers
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1182, Bldg 10, Rm 1C660, Bethesda, MD 20892 1182, USA
Radiology 225:391-9. 2002....
- Segmentation of prostate boundaries from ultrasound images using statistical shape modelDinggang Shen
Section of Biomedical Image Analysis, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3600 Market Street, Suite 380, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:539-51. 2003..e., coarse features first and fine features later. A number of successful experiments validate the algorithm...
- On the dark rim artifact in dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI myocardial perfusion studiesE V R Di Bella
Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:1295-9. 2005..Here motionless ex vivo hearts in which the cavity was filled with gadolinium are used to show that dark rim artifacts can be consistent with resolution effects alone...
- Fast high-resolution T1 mapping of the human brainRalf Deichmann
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 54:20-7. 2005..In addition, an improved fitting algorithm based on smoothed flip angle maps is presented and tested successfully...
- Design and use of tailored hard-pulse trains for uniformed saturation of myocardium at 3 TeslaKyunghyun Sung
Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 2564, USA
Magn Reson Med 60:997-1002. 2008..05)...
- A new approach to elastography using mutual information and finite elementsMichael I Miga
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B, 351631, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Phys Med Biol 48:467-80. 2003..g., magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound. etc) that have sufficient anatomically-based intensity heterogeneity and remain consistent from a pre- to a post-deformed state could be used in this paradigm...
- Tissue Doppler imaging of carotid plaque wall motion: a pilot studyKumar V Ramnarine
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 1:17. 2003....
- Validation of an evaluation routine for left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction and wall motion from gated cardiac FDG PET: a comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance imagingWolfgang M Schaefer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:545-53. 2003..Therefore, gated FDG PET provides clinically relevant information on function and volumes, using the commercially available software package QGS...
- 4D radial coronary artery imaging within a single breath-hold: cine angiography with phase-sensitive fat suppression (CAPS)Jaeseok Park
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:833-40. 2005..The proposed technique provides high-resolution coronary artery imaging for all cardiac phases, and allows multiple images at mid-diastole to be averaged, thus enhancing the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and vessel delineation...
- Mosaicing of microscope images with global geometric and radiometric correctionsChangming Sun
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences, Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia
J Microsc 224:158-65. 2006..The input images were transformed using the estimated geometric and radiometric parameters and mosaiced together, producing accurate registration of overlapping regions without visible seams...
- Simplified quantification of Pittsburgh Compound B amyloid imaging PET studies: a comparative analysisBrian J Lopresti
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Nucl Med 46:1959-72. 2005..This work reports on simplified methods of analysis for human PIB imaging...
- Quantification of transcription factor expression from Arabidopsis imagesDaniel L Mace
Institute for Genome Science and Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Bioinformatics 22:e323-31. 2006....
- CT in PET/CT: essential features of interpretationHeiko Schoder
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Nucl Med 46:1249-51. 2005
- A comparison of ultrasound measurements to assess carotid atherosclerosis development in subjects with and without type 2 diabetesRebecca L Pollex
Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 3:15. 2005..Thus, the objective of this study was to compare the traditional intima-media thickness measurement against the novel total plaque volume measurement in analyzing carotid atherosclerosis development in individuals with type 2 diabetes...
- Level-set-based artery-vein separation in blood pool agent CE-MR angiogramsCornelis M van Bemmel
University Medical Center, Image Sciences Institute, NL 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:1224-34. 2003..By applying this combination to the seven datasets, it is shown that, with minimal user interaction, artery-vein separation for improved arterial and venous visualization in BPA CE-MRA can be achieved...
- Segmentation of kidney from ultrasound images based on texture and shape priorsJun Xie
Electronic corrected Engineering Department, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:45-57. 2005..The effectiveness of this method is demonstrated through experimental results on both natural images and US data compared with other image segmentation methods and manual segmentation...
- The current status of breast MR imaging. Part I. Choice of technique, image interpretation, diagnostic accuracy, and transfer to clinical practiceChristiane Kuhl
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Radiology 244:356-78. 2007....
- Computer-aided diagnosis of breast tumors with different US systemsWen Jia Kuo
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi, Taiwan, Republic of China
Acad Radiol 9:793-9. 2002..The authors performed this study to determine whether a computer-aided diagnostic (CAD) system was suitable from one ultrasound (US) unit to another after parameters were adjusted by using intelligent selection algorithms...
- Quantifying the spatial resolution of the gradient echo and spin echo BOLD response at 3 TeslaLaura M Parkes
F C Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Med 54:1465-72. 2005..The spin echo response shows a 13% reduction in the width of the PSF, but at a cost of at least 3-fold reduction in contrast to noise ratio...
- Very-High-Frequency Ultrasound Imaging With Coded Signals and Annular ArraysJonathan Mamou; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improved MRI techniques for measurement of absolute temperature distributionsNICHOLAS TODD; Fiscal Year: 2008..A temporally constrained reconstruction algorithm has been shown to be capable of reducing scan time and can also be implemented with any pulse sequence. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging of Wallerian Degeneration in MSKhader Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This tool will also help in the fusion of multi-modal MRI data for a robust segmentation of the subregions of CC and 1C. The DTI measures, after accounting for the age and gender dependence will be correlated with the clinical measures. ..
- Continued Development and Maintenance of a Computational Morphometry ToolkitTorsten Rohlfing; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will enhance a proven soft- ware system for imaging-based morphometric studies and make it freely avail- able to the scientific community. ..
- PERCEPTUAL MODEL FOR WORKSTATION DISPLAY OPTIMIZATIONDev Chakraborty; Fiscal Year: 2003..Also to be generated are iso-contour plots of the effects of common workstation variables on image quality in both tasks. This will allow digital mammography workstations to be more intelligently used. ..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BREATH HOLD 3D MRA OF THE CORONARY ARTERIESRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal is to optimize the MRA method and to determine if the use of contrast agents provides any clinical benefit. ..
- 3-D Transrectal Ultrasound with 2-D ArraysJESSE T P YEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lastly, a small number of in vitro experiments of canine prostates will be done. ..
- New Scanning Methods for 3-D Breast UltrasoundJesse Yen; Fiscal Year: 2006..A series of water tank and tissue phantom experiments will be performed to evaluate imaging performance in terms of resolution, contrast, and signal-to-noise ratio. ..
- PERCEPTUAL MODEL FOR WORKSTATION DISPLAY OPTIMIZATIONDev Chakraborty; Fiscal Year: 2002..Also to be generated are iso-contour plots of the effects of common workstation variables on image quality in both tasks. This will allow digital mammography workstations to be more intelligently used. ..
- Image-guided catheter biopsy of peripheral lung cancerEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Radiation, Hormones & Antisense Prostate Cancer TherapyAlan Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Two-Tensor Model Analysis for DTISharon Peled; Fiscal Year: 2007..The method proposed herein optimizes the information available from DTI acquired in clinically feasible time frames. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multimodality Imaging of Cell Mediated Gene TransferSanjiv Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the methodologies developed in this proposal will help other investigators to implement various models in which imaging of cell survival and cardiac gene therapy are important. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurovascular Factors in Functional MRIThomas T Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific aims of this project are to identify the measures that most effectively explain changes in resting-state connectivity due to (a) caffeine usage and (b) inter-subject differences in physiology. ..
- A Workshop on Advances in High-Field Magnetic ResonanceXiaohong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Data Processing for Clinical MR Spectroscopy and ImagingANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Grant support will be directed towards providing awards for student- and postdoctoral- level attendees to attend the meeting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of New Imaging Methodologies at 7TEWART HAACKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many of the approaches developed and applied on this animal system are expected to have important clinical impact. All of these projects will substantially benefit from the proposed acquisition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VOLUMETRIC MR MOLECULAR IMAGING OF BRAINANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Matson). This development will establish the range and variance of normal metabolite profiles and provide valuable comparative data for numerous clinical investigations that use short-TE 1H MRS. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pressure-enhanced near-infrared breast cancer imagingShudong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Enhancement and Dissemination of ART: An Automatic Registration ToolboxBabak Ardekani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A mentored training program in quantitative medical imagingBrian Caffo; Fiscal Year: 2008..All of the developed algorithms will be extensively tested using Monte Carlo and actual patient data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MrSPA: Integrated tools and development platform for magnetic resonance researchKarl A Young; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Susceptibility Weighted Imaging (SWI)EWART MARK HAACKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, SWI has also become available to the clinical world for every day use and therefore its continued technical development is of paramount importance for the proper diagnosis of these diseases in patients. ..
- Inferring in Vivo Cytoarchitectural Borders in the Medial Temporal LobeBruce Fischl; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability to more accurately localize these cortical regions would be a critical step in the early diagnosis of AD, and in the assessment of the efficacy of potential clinical interventions. ..
- Optimized Compression for Telepathology Virtual SlidesElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Iron Status: A Pathway Analysis in Multiple EthnicitiesChristine McLaren; Fiscal Year: 2009..Potential study results could be used to identify individuals at risk for iron deficiency and to develop innovative prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Real-Time MRI Motion Correction SystemRoland Bammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Real-Time Functional MRI with Automated Pattern ClassificationStefan Posse; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this project is to develop an automated fMRI analysis tool that will have significant commercial potential for clinical and research use. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 Muscle and Molecular Motors Gordon Research ConferenceDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..They also enable parasites and bacteria to invade human host cells. The principal aim of this conference is to increase our understanding of the basic mechanism and function of molecular motors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- US Prostate Cancer Detection with Dutasteride PretreatmentEthan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Statistical PET Image ReconstructionDAN KADRMAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The improvements in image quality offered by this research will broadly impact all applications of PET imaging, with specific benefit for tumor detection and quantitation. ..
- Academy of Molecular Imaging 2006 Annual MeetingSanjiv Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2006..The annual conference is being held March 25-29, 2006 at the Gaylord Palms Resort Hotel and Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DATA PROCESSING FOR MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGINGANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..This development will support ongoing clinical studies investigating changes of brain metabolites associated with Alzheimer's disease and aging, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Automated Analysis of Healthy and Diseased Brain TissueBruce Fischl; Fiscal Year: 2005..Upon completion of tool development they will be applied to the study of a variety of disorders, focusing on schizophrenia. Alzheimer's and Huntington's disease. ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- Functional Ultrasonic Tissue Pulsatility: Brain ImagingJOHN KUCEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..This new ultrasonic method holds the promise of extremely low cost. Currently, ultrasound instruments with similar complexity can be purchased at prices affordable by primary care clinics. ..
- LONG QT SYNDROME:EMOTIONAL TRIGGERS OF CARDIAC EVENTSRichard Lane; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-Tx MRI for Uniform B1 Excitation at High Bo FieldScott King; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the end of this four year project, we will have demonstrated a possible solution to the inhomogenous transmit problem at 3T, which will be transferable to higher fields with the appropriate array coil designs. ..
- NEURAL CORRELATES OF AGE RELATED DIFFERENCES IN MEMORYNaftali Raz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- FUNCTIONAL NEUROANATOMY OF EMOTIONAL VALENCE AND AROUSALRichard Lane; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGYBradley Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..Each hypothesis is motivated by experimental data, and the goal of the theoretical simulations is to interpret these data. ..
- The Structural Dependence of CRAZED ImagingDANIEL GOCHBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..We aim to clarify the factors that affect this dependence. ..
- Correlation Among Retinal Directionally Selective CellsNORBERTO GRZYWACZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Retinal binding defects may contribute to some of these integrative problems, but even if not, retinal strategies and mechanisms may shed light on mechanisms in other areas of the brain. ..
- Expert Visual Guidance of Ultrasound for TelemedicineFlorence Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4 is to make the guidance easily applicable to different organs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Medical Image Perception Society Confrence XIElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- High-Frequency Pulsed EPR SpectrometerDavid Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- DATA PROCESSING FOR MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGINGANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..This development will support ongoing clinical studies investigating changes of brain metabolites associated with Alzheimer's disease and aging, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. ..
- New RF Technology for Improved Breast Cancer DiagnosticsJ Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2004..The IW technology development proposed will be required to realize the full 4T benefit. ..
- TISSUE VIABILITY IN STROKE BY SODIUM MR IMAGINGKeith Thulborn; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Correlative Imaging of Tumor AngiogenesisSanjiv Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2004..We plan to perform pharmacokinetics and toxicology studies with preclinical materials and prepare an agent for gamma and SPECT imaging in clinical studies and file an IRB for cancer angiogenesis evaluation. ..
- DTI and MRS Correlates of Aging in MonkeysItamar Ronen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our specific aims are: (1) Collection of preliminary data on the effects of aging on the monkey brain; (2) Validation of the MRI/MRS findings with post-mortem data on the same brains. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tools for Analyzing Cortical Structure and ConnectivityBruce Fischl; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MIPS XII ConferenceElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Acupuncture AnalgesiaRichard Harris; Fiscal Year: 2006..There is a strong institutional commitment to see the applicant succeed in this task due to a tremendous need for well-trained clinical investigators in alternative and complementary medicine. ..
- Preventing spike-wave epileptogenesis: critical periods & neuroimaging biomarkersHal Blumenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2010..untreated animals. We will also investigate the anatomical basis of white matter DTI abnormalities through electron microscopy to determine changes in axons and myelin in affected regions. 2. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHYJohn Oshinski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Computerized Radiographic Outcomes for Rheumatoid HandsJeffrey Duryea; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will play a major role towards alleviating the effects of this debilitating disease. ..
- Computer Surgical Simulation for Craniofacial SurgeryJames Xia; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the United States each year, a significant number of patients undergo reconstructive surgery for these types of defects and deformities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuroanatomical endophenotypes in Persistent Developmental StutteringMatthew Cykowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the genetic basis of the disorder will help improve diagnostic approaches and treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTEGRATION OF BIFURCATION THEORY AND CONTINUOUS FMRIGregory Berns; Fiscal Year: 2003..The integration of bifurcation theory with continuous fMRI is anticipated to have a significant impact on the way in which fMRI experiments are conducted and will yield new techniques for the study of neuropsychiatric illness. ..
- Facilitators of Motor Recovery Following StrokeGottfried Schlaug; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the R33 component of the grant application these criteria will be prospectively evaluated and correlated with clinical outcome in a second, larger cohort of patients. ..
- Hyperscan:Simultaneous fMRI across the internetGregory Berns; Fiscal Year: 2002..Linking together two 3 T scanners, one at Emory University and one at Princeton University, the biological substrates associated with human-human interaction will be compared to human-computer interaction. ..
- INTEGRATION OF BIFURCATION THEORY AND CONTINUOUS FMRIGregory Berns; Fiscal Year: 2002..The integration of bifurcation theory with continuous fMRI is anticipated to have a significant impact on the way in which fMRI experiments are conducted and will yield new techniques for the study of neuropsychiatric illness. ..
- NEUROIMAGING OG NOVELTY DETECTION IN COCAINE DEPENDENCEGregory Berns; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Neurobiology of Reward and Preference in AdolescenceGregory Berns; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Organization of Semantic MemoryEiling Yee; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Randomized Trial of EUS Neurolysis in Pancreas CancerMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcome will be a reduction in pain at 1 month. Secondary outcomes will include the durability of pain control, quality of life, narcotic use and narcotic side effects. [unreadable] [unreadable]..