dental health education
Summary: Education which increases the awareness and favorably influences the attitudes and knowledge relating to the improvement of dental health on a personal or community basis.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Implementing an infant oral care programFrancisco Ramos-Gomez
Department of Growth and Development, University of California School of Dentistry, San Francisco 94143 0753, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 30:752-61. 2002..Facilitating access to early and regular dental care is a crucial part of any effective intervention strategy, and intervention techniques should be tailored to the community being served...
- Oral health promotion in children and adolescentsRebecca Slayton
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 26:30-5. 2005..This article discusses the consequences of oral diseases in school-aged children, the factors that contribute to an individual's risk for dental caries, and the most effective therapies to prevent caries in this age group...
- Effectiveness of an oral health education and caries prevention program in kindergartens in ChinaWen Sheng Rong
Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Peking University, Beijing, China
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:412-6. 2003..To evaluate the effect of a 2-year oral health education and caries prevention program implemented in kindergartens in China...
- Oral-health workshop targeted at 0-5-yr. old deprived children's parents and caregivers: effect on knowledge and practicesS Martignon
Research Unit UNICA B, Dental Faculty, Universidad El Bosque, Bogota, Colombia
J Clin Pediatr Dent 31:104-8. 2006..05). The questionnaire showed improvement in the TG parents/caregivers' knowledge after 1- 6-months regarding white-spot lesion visual recognition; with respect to the practices, these improved after 1-6 but decreased after 6-months...
- Effect of a single dental health education on the management of permanent avulsed teeth by different groups of professionalsMaria de Lourdes Vieira Frujeri
Department of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 25:262-71. 2009..This study evaluated the influence of education on different groups of professionals, addressing the knowledge and prevention and emergency management of the avulsed tooth...
- Is dental health education effective? A systematic review of current evidenceE J Kay
Department of Oral Health and Development, Tumer Dental School University of Manchester, England
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:231-5. 1996..This study examined papers relating to dental health education interventions, which were published between 1982 and 1994 (n = 143)...
- Motivating mothers to prevent caries: confirming the beneficial effect of counselingPhilip Weinstein
Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:789-93. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare the effect of a motivational interviewing (MI) counseling visit with traditional health education for mothers of young children at high risk of developing dental caries...
- Effect of motivational interviewing on rates of early childhood caries: a randomized trialRosamund Harrison
University of British Columbia, Oral Health Sciences, Vancouver, British Columbia
Pediatr Dent 29:16-22. 2007..The purposes of this randomized controlled trial were to: (1) test motivational interviewing (MI) to prevent early childhood caries; and (2) use Poisson regression for data analysis...
- Motivating parents to prevent caries in their young children: one-year findingsPhilip Weinstein
Behavioral Dental Research Program, University of Washington, Health Sciences Center, Seattle 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:731-8. 2004..The authors conducted a study to compare the effect of a motivational interviewing counseling treatment with that of traditional health education on parents of young children at high risk of developing dental caries...
- Self-reported knowledge and behaviors related to oral and dental health in Turkish childrenEmine Efe
Child Health Nursing Department, Akdeniz University, School of Health, Antalya, Turkey
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 30:133-46. 2007....
- Evaluation of a dental health education program for midwivesZeliha Asli Ocek
Ege University, Ilaç Gelistirme Farmakokinetik Uygulama ve Arastirma Merkezi 35100 Bornova Izmir, Turkey
J Public Health Dent 63:255-7. 2003..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of a dental health program for the midwives in primary health care services in Izmir, Turkey...
- Prevention of early childhood caries--results of a fluoride toothpaste demonstration trial on Chinese preschool children after three yearsE Schwarz
International Association for Dental Research, Alexandria, VA 22314 3406, USA
J Public Health Dent 58:12-8. 1998....
- Has small-scale audio-visual dental health education a viable future?R S Hirsch
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 5:160-3. 1977....
- A cluster randomized controlled trial of a dental health education program for 10-year-old childrenH V Worthington
Department of Oral Health and Development, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, England
J Public Health Dent 61:22-7. 2001OBJECTIVE: Using a cluster randomized trial, this study tested the effectiveness of a dental health education program designed to improve the oral hygiene and dental knowledge of 10-year-old children...
- Effectiveness of 2-year application of school-based chlorhexidine varnish, sodium fluoride gel, and dental health education programs in high-risk adolescentsNazan Kocatas Ersin
Department of Pedodontics, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Quintessence Int 39:e45-51. 2008To compare the caries preventive effects of 2-year application of school-based chlorhexidine varnish, sodium fluoride gel, and dental health education programs among a high-risk group of 11- to 13-year-olds with low caries activity.
- Early childhood caries (ECC): a preventive-conservative treatment mode during a 12-month periodBenjamin Peretz
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldscleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:191-4. 2006..To evaluate a preventive treatment mode for early childhood caries (ECC)...
- [Prevention of dental caries]Federica Meneghel
Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, U O di Neonatologia e Terapia Intensiva Neonatale, Azienda ICP, Milano
Pediatr Med Chir 27:48-52. 2005..More time should be spent giving the right informations to the population regarding dietary habits and programs of nutritional education, oral hygiene routines and fluoride exposure...
- When should children have their first dental visit?Martin E Donaldson
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Community Oral Health, University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry, USA
J Tenn Dent Assoc 86:32-5. 2006....
- Feeding and oral hygiene habits of preschool children in Hong Kong and their caregivers' dental knowledge and attitudesS C L Chan
Tang Shiu Kin Dental Therapist Training School, MacLehose Dental Centre, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:322-31. 2002....
- Adolescents' perceptions of oral health and influencing factors: a qualitative studyAnna Lena Ostberg
Public Dental Services and Skaraborg Institute, Skovde, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 60:167-73. 2002..There is a need to find strategies to convey such knowledge to the intermediaries: dental personnel and parents...
- Oral health behaviour of schoolchildren and parents in JordanL D Rajab
University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:168-76. 2002....
- The first dental visitJane A Soxman
Gen Dent 50:148-55. 2002....
- Changing use and knowledge of fluoride toothpaste by schoolchildren, parents and schoolteachers in Beijing, ChinaMin Liu
Peking University, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Department of Preventive Dentistry, Beijing, China
Int Dent J 57:187-94. 2007....
- Caries prevalence and some caries related factors for 12 year-old children from Vientiane and Luang Prabang provinces in Lao People's Democratic RepublicG L Tayanin
WHO Collaborating Centre, Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Odontology, University of Malmo, SE 205 06 Malmo, Sweden
Odontostomatol Trop 25:19-26. 2002....
- Attitudes of Chinese parents toward the oral health of their children with caries: a qualitative studyDiane Wong
Brooklyn Chinese Family Health Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Pediatr Dent 27:505-12. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate Chinese parents' beliefs and perspectives regarding extensive caries (EC), oral care habits, and dental treatment. An overview of qualitative research methods is provided...
- The efficacy of a school-based caries preventive program: a 4-year studyS H Al-Jundi
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Int J Dent Hyg 4:30-4. 2006..This study proves that supervised daily tooth brushing using fluoridated toothpaste is successful in controlling dental caries in children...
- Caries-risk factors for Hispanic children affected by early childhood cariesNoelle L Huntington
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Mass, USA
Pediatr Dent 24:536-42. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine factors associated with early childhood caries (ECC) and to develop a profile of risk factors for Hispanic families affected by this condition...
- An infant oral health programme in Goiânia-GO, Brazil: results after 3 years of establishmentMarina Batista Borges Pereira
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias
Braz Oral Res 18:12-7. 2004..Further investigations should evaluate the cost-benefit, as well as the effectiveness of the procedures used in the programme...
- [Prevention on track? Reinforcement requested]C van Loveren
Afdeling Cariologie Endodontologie Pedodontologie, Academisch Centrum voor Tandheelkunde Amsterdam ACTA
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 110:493-9. 2003..The future of dental health education by child care organisations or school medical services is uncertain...
- The effect of different dental health programmes on young adult individuals. A longitudinal evaluation of knowledge and behaviour including cost aspectsAnders Hugoson
Department of Periodontology, Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education, Jonkoping, Sweden
Swed Dent J 27:115-30. 2003..Moreover, it was found that the scope of the prophylactic programme measured in time and cost had little effect on the long-term result...
- Oral health knowledge, attitudes and behaviour among nursing staff in LesothoE I Walid
Department of Community Oral Health Faculty of Dentistry, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag Xl Tygerberg 7505
SADJ 59:288, 290, 292. 2004..It is recommended that oral health be given greater attention in the nursing curriculum, with more clinical hands-on training in oral examination and diagnosis of oral diseases...
- The effect of five years' implementation of caries-preventive methods in Swedish high-risk adolescentsC Källestål
National Institute of Public Health, SE 103 52 Stockholm, Sweden
Caries Res 39:20-6. 2005..To study the effectiveness of four different preventive programmes within a group of adolescents at high risk of caries...
- The effects of a supervised toothbrushing programme on the caries increment of primary school children, initially aged 5-6 yearsR J Jackson
North West London Community Dental Service, Oral Health Research Centre, London, UK
Caries Res 39:108-15. 2005....
- Research defines public dental health promotion in youthC van der Poel
Flevoland Public Health Service GGD, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Int J Dent Hyg 4:24-9. 2006..This combined approach has proven to be effective on a large majority of the children. To ensure uniform dental health promotion, information protocols are used in these promotion activities within Flevoland...
- Oral health profile of education and health professionals attending handicapped childrenLuciana Pomarico
Center for Studies in Public Health Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Pesqui Odontol Bras 17:11-6. 2003..5% of the attendants (chi-square, p = 0.006). In view of these results, it was concluded that attitudes toward oral health were not always coherent with the knowledge that these professionals express...
- [Social and cultural determinants of dental health practices in Morocco: results of a qualitative study]Souad Msefer
Souad Msefer 5390, avenue Decelles, Appartement 2, Montréal H3T 1V9 Québec Canada
Sante 14:231-7. 2004..Thus to inculcate healthy lifestyle habits, an ecological approach that takes into consideration the social, cultural, and economic environment is most likely to induce the emergence of favourable social conditions...
- Knowledge and behaviour related to oral health among secondary school students in Khartoum Province, SudanIsmail A Darout
Laboratory of Oral Microbiology, Armauer Hansens Hus, Bergen, Norway
Int Dent J 55:224-30. 2005..This study explores secondary school students in the Khartoum Province, Sudan, with respect to frequency and quality of use and the socio-demographic distribution of oral health knowledge and behaviour...
- Oral health knowledge, attitudes and behaviour of adults in ChinaLing Zhu
World Health Organisation, Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, Oral Health Programme, Geneva, Switzerland
Int Dent J 55:231-41. 2005....
- The hygienist's role in improving children's oral health throughout their developmentNancy A St Onge
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:10-6. 2002..Particular attention will be given to identifying proven approaches to motivating children and their parents to respond positively to oral health advice and hygiene instruction...
- Caries-preventive effect of an oral health program for preschool children in a low socio-economic, multicultural area in Sweden: results after one yearInger Wennhall
Public Dental Service, Region Skåne, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 63:163-7. 2005..5 (95% CI 1.8-3.4) and the number needed to treat (NNT) 4.6. In conclusion, this study demonstrated that the oral health program significantly affected the prevalence of caries and various risk factors for caries development...
- Oral hygiene habits and oral health awareness among urban Saudi ArabiansMeshari Al-Otaibi
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, Institute of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Oral Health Prev Dent 2:389-96. 2004..To analyze prevailing oral hygiene practices and oral health awareness among urban Saudi Arabians in relation to age, gender and educational level...
- ADA, FDA reach out to those in needNicole Carlson Easley
Todays FDA 14:24-5. 2002
- The process and outcome of a programme for preventing early childhood caries in ThailandThongchai Vachirarojpisan
Department of Oral Health Promotion, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Community Dent Health 22:253-9. 2005To evaluate the process and outcomes of a participatory dental health education (DHE) programme for preventing early childhood caries (ECC).
- Oral health care knowledge and practices of a group of deaf adolescents in Lagos, NigeriaFolakemi A Oredugba
Department of Child Dental Health, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
J Public Health Dent 64:118-20. 2004..This study sought to determine the oral health care knowledge and practices of a group of deaf adolescents in Lagos...
- Assessment of quality of public oral health care on the basis of patient recordsM Vehkalahti
Department of Cariology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:102-5. 1992..Periodontal treatment was insufficient and did not correlate with recorded clinical findings. The results indicate that the concept of prevention and its selective use had not been fully adopted as routine...
- Dental knowledge, attitudes towards oral health care and utilization of dental services among male industrial workers with or without an employer-provided dental benefit schemeJ Ahlberg
Department of Dental Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:380-4. 1996..Our results demonstrate a positive impact of subsidization on the utilization of dental services...
- Promoting changes in clinical practice. Treatment time and outcome studies in a Danish public child dental health clinicA Thylstrup
Department of Cariology and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:126-34. 1997....
- Control of occlusal caries in the first permanent molars by oral hygieneP Arrow
Dental Services, Health Department of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:278-83. 1997....
- Effect evaluation of an oral health education programme in primary schools in TanzaniaW H van Palenstein Helderman
WHO Collaborating Centre, Dentistry, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:296-300. 1997..4 and 3 years later 0.9 in both the participating and control schools. In conclusion, the present study shows that the implemented school-based OHE programme did not result in significant reductions of the clinical parameters measured...
- Development of oral hygiene self-efficacy and outcome expectancy questionnairesJ E Stewart
VA Outpatient Clinic, Los Angeles, California 90012-3328, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:337-42. 1997..All scales demonstrated good internal consistency and test-retest stability. Correlations with extra test measures provided preliminary evidence for the validity of the instruments...
- [The importance of health education in prevention of oral health in children]Marija Igić
Klinika za stomatologiju Preventivna i decja stomatologija, Medicinski fakultet Nis
Med Pregl 61:65-70. 2008....
- Parents' views on factors influencing the dental health of Trinidadian pre-school childrenR S Naidu
School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago
Community Dent Health 25:44-9. 2008..To describe parents' views on the dental health of pre-school children in Trinidad...
- Reasons for the caries decline in SloveniaV Vrbic
Division of Dental Medicine, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 28:126-32. 2000....
- A randomised control trial of oral health education provided by a health visitor to parents of pre-school childrenJ G Whittle
East Lancashire Public Health Network
Community Dent Health 25:28-32. 2008..To determine the effect of oral health education carried out by a specially trained health visitor on the dental health of young children...
- Caries risk assessment practices among Texas pediatric dentistsRachel Trueblood
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Baylor College of Dentistry, Health Science Center, Texas A and M University, Dallas, Texas, USA
Pediatr Dent 30:49-53. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine current caries risk assessment (CRA) practices of Texas pediatric dentists...
- Outcome of an oral health outreach programme for preschool children in a low socioeconomic multicultural areaInger Wennhall
Public Dental Service, Region Skåne, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:84-90. 2008..Despite a significant reduction in the prevalence of dental caries, childhood tooth decay is still a public health problem in both developed and developing countries...
- Oral health of adolescents--it's more than dental cariesMelanie S Percy
New York University College of Nursing, New York, NY, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 33:26-31. 2008..They can screen adolescents for oral health problems and teach them practices that may prevent health problems with lifetime consequences. Capitalizing on this opportunity to educate adolescents can be critical to their long-term health...
- A controlled study of oral self-care and self-perceived oral health in type 2 diabetic patientsG E Sandberg
, Health and Caring Sciences, Falun, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 59:28-33. 2001..Our principal conclusion is that efforts should be made to give information about diabetes as a risk factor for oral health from dental services to diabetic patients and diabetes staff...
- Getting students excited about dental healthScott Navarro
School Nurse News 25:9-10. 2008
- Influence of mothers' oral health knowledge and attitudes on their children's dental healthZ Saied-Moallemi
Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 9:79-83. 2008..This was to evaluate the influence of mothers' oral health-related knowledge and attitudes on the tooth-brushing behaviour and dental health of their children and to compare the effect of these maternal aspects on child's oral health...
- Outcomes assessment an intervention strategy to improve parental compliance to follow-up evaluations after treatment of early childhood caries using general anesthesia in a Medicaid populationR E Primosch
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Florida, P O Box 100426, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0426, USA
ASDC J Dent Child 68:102-8, 80. 2001..Further investigation is required to identify an intervention strategy that improves follow-up compliance and reduces the costly ravages of dental neglect in young children from low-income families...
- Parental knowledge, beliefs and behaviours for oral health of toddlers residing in rural VictoriaM G Gussy
School of Dental Science, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria
Aust Dent J 53:52-60. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine the oral health-related knowledge, attitudes and reported behaviours of parents of children aged 12-24 months living in rural areas of Victoria, Australia...
- Dental caries prevalence in relation to socioeconomic status of nursery school children in GoiÃ¢nia-GO, BrazilM do C Freire
, Faculdade de Odontologia, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:357-61. 1996..It was concluded that oral health programmes for pre-school children emphasizing preventive measures and dental health education should be developed mainly in areas of social deprivation.
- Supply of dental health information by 182 Dutch organizations working in the field of dentistryC B van Riel
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:36-7. 1988Little is known about the exchange of Dental Health Information (DHI), as part of the dental health education process, between the Dutch public, organizations active in or related to dentistry and Dutch dental professionals...
- Longitudinal study of dental health behaviors and other caries predictors in early childhoodJ Grytten
Institute of Community Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:356-9. 1988..The most unfavorable and inconsistent behavior was related to sugar consumption. Dental health education could be most usefully applied to this area, where the greatest potential for improvement in behavior ..
- Dental hygienists' influence on the patients' knowledge, motivation, self-care, and perception of changeD G Uitenbroek
Department of Medical Sociology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:87-90. 1989The purpose of this study was to assess the success of the dental hygienist in the dental health education of dental patients in general dental practice. Special emphasis was laid on health education in the field of periodontics...
- Dental caries among urban schoolchildren in MadagascarP E Petersen
Institute for Community Dentistry and Graduate Studies, Royal Dental College, Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:163-6. 1988..The establishment of a child dental service system is a matter of urgency. Dental health education and primary health care should be organized.
- Immediate and delayed effects of a dental health education film on periodontal knowledge, attitudes, and reported behavior of Dutch adolescentsG ter Horst
Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam (ACTA, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:183-6. 1989..The conclusion must be that knowledge of dental health issues can be improved by relatively simple means, but to change attitudes and behavioral dental practices more is needed than a 20-min film...
- Suitability of Krathwohl's affective taxonomy for evaluating patient attitudes to dental careA M Syrjälä
Department of Periodontology, University of Oulu, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:299-303. 1990The aims were to develop a questionnaire for dental health education based on Krathwohl's taxonomy, which measures the affective domain, and to examine correlations between the attitude determined by this questionnaire and sex, age, ..
- Dental knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of Indochinese and Australian-born adolescentsC S Durward
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:14-8. 1989..A greater understanding of cultural variations between ethnic groups and targeted dental health education programs would appear to be beneficial strategies for improving oral health of high risk adolescents.
- Second assessment of London children involved in a scheme of dental health education in infancyR D Holt
Department of Children's Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:180-2. 1989In the mid-1970's, a scheme was set up providing dental health education at home visits to mothers with young children...
- Enamel opacities in children whose mothers took part in a dental health education schemeR D Holt
Department of Children's Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:74-6. 1990..In a large experiment in dental health education, fluoride supplements were given regularly to many of the children in two out of three experimental ..
- Recent changes in health related dental behaviors in NorwayA J Søgaard
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 19:241-5. 1991..Lower importance attached to dental health education, at all levels, combined with difficult economic times since 1987, might account for the decrease in ..
- Global framework convention on tobacco control: the implications for oral healthP E Petersen
Community Dent Health 20:137-8. 2003
- Factors influencing use of dental services in rural and urban communities: considerations for practitioners in underserved areasLisa J Heaton
A 219 Kentucky Clinic, College of Dentistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
J Dent Educ 68:1081-9. 2004..They have unique opportunities to provide education to their patients regarding the importance of dental care and the role of oral health in overall physical health...
- The American Dental Association's oral cancer campaign: the impact on consumers and dentistsSandra Stahl
University of Colorado, School of Dentistry, Denver, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:1261-7. 2004..The ADA conducted a public service campaign in late 2001 to raise awareness of oral cancer and of the dentist's role in early detection...
- Free dental treatment clears path to organ transplantJoanna Brown
CDS Rev 97:42-3. 2004
- Evaluation of oral health knowledge and oral health status in mothers and their children with cleft lip and palateAline Rogéria Freire de Castilho
Specialization Course in Pediatric Dentistry, Hospital for Rehabilitation of Craniofacial Anomalies, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Silvio Marchione 3 20, 17043 900 Bauru, SP, Brazil
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:726-30. 2006..To assess the oral health knowledge of mothers of children with cleft lip and/or palate, analyzing the practical application of this information on the basis of the oral hygiene of the children and caries prevalence of mothers and children...
- Changes in toothbrushing frequency in relation to changes in oral health-related knowledge and attitudes among children - a longitudinal studyMimmi Tolvanen
Department of Community Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur J Oral Sci 118:284-9. 2010..Therefore, oral health promotion should be designed to be a continuous process rather than a short-term intervention...
- Dental care for the neglected mouth of an adolescent with cerebral palsy: a case reportAli Payam Sattarzadeh
School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH, UK
Dent Update 33:117-8, 121-2. 2006..CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Knowledge of the treatment which ideally may be offered to patients with cerebral palsy may help such patients retain and maintain their dentition...
- Let's all "Give Kids a Smile"!Jeff Mertens
J Mich Dent Assoc 87:39-40. 2005
- An oral health education programme based on the National CurriculumA Chapman
Division of Child Dental Health, University of Bristol Dental School, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LY, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 16:40-4. 2006..The aim of this study was to develop and evaluate a teaching programme based on the national curriculum for use in a primary school setting...
- [Provision and utilization of dental services in Amazonas State, Brazil: a case study in a riverine population in Coari municipality]Flávia Cohen-Carneiro
Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Manaus, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 25:1827-38. 2009..Limited access to dental services for riverine populations highlights the need to implement comprehensive health promotion measures and expand the availability of services...
- Tobacco use cessation provided by dental hygienistsC A Ramseier
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Int J Dent Hyg 7:39-48. 2009..Following a critical review of the literature on this topic, a step by step approach for tobacco use cessation is presented for the dental hygienists to be implemented in their daily practice routine...
- The early childhood caries prevention program in PalauA Keith Larson
Division of Oral Health, Ministry of Health, Koror, Palau
Pac Health Dialog 10:106-10. 2003..Both health and process outcomes are being monitored by an oral health surveillance system, while preliminary data show improved oral health among young children. This paper takes a closer look at the development of the Palau program...
- Challenges associated with the evaluation of a dental health promotion programme in a deprived urban areaG M Davies
Manchester Primary Care Trust, Manchester UK
Community Dent Health 24:117-21. 2007..It exemplifies the problems of undertaking population based interventions in deprived communities...
- Attitudes about dental care among parents whose children suffer from severe congenital heart disease: a case-control studyK Grahn
Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 16:231-8. 2006....
- Evaluation of oral health awareness in parents of preschool childrenBhavneet Kaur
Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Institute of Dental Sciences, Sehora, Jammu, India
Indian J Dent Res 20:463-5. 2009..Little data are available on the initiative shown by the parents for dental health care of their preschool children in India. This study was conducted to evaluate the status of oral health awareness in parents of preschool children...
- Oral health care and status of elderly care home residents in GlasgowM P Sweeney
University of Glasgow Dental School, UK
Community Dent Health 24:37-42. 2007..To investigate variations in reported oral health care provision and unmet dental need within a sample of care homes for the elderly in Glasgow...
- [Essential indicators of orodental health in Africa. Applicability in Ivory Coast]M L Yavo Tchere
Ministere de la Sante, Cote d Ivoire
Odontostomatol Trop 32:15-24. 2009..Modalities of their applicability in the surveillance of the oral health are also discussed...
- Life-course determinants of need for dental prostheses at age 24M B Correa
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Rua Gonçalves Chaves, 457, 5 degrees andar Centro, CEP 96015568 Pelotas, RS, Brazil
J Dent Res 89:733-8. 2010..90 (1.98-4.24)] were associated with prosthetic treatment needs. These results support the hypothesis that life-course socio-economic, behavioral, and clinical determinants are associated with the need for dental prostheses...
- Factors affecting dental fear in French children aged 5-12 yearsEmmanuel Nicolas
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Service d Odontologie, Hotel Dieu, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Int J Paediatr Dent 20:366-73. 2010..While dental anxiety is often correlated with prior negative dental experience, prevention of dental anxiety should in theory include early exposure to the dental setting...
- Scholarships, and so much moreGrace A Curcuru
J Mich Dent Assoc 86:36-41, 64. 2004
- [Evaluation of oral and orthodontic appliance hygiene in orthodontically treated patients]Monika Wites
Katedra i Zakład Ortodoncji, Collegium Medicum Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiegio w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 60:126-8. 2003..It was found that oral hygiene of examined patients was unsatisfactory without correlation to the kind of appliance used. The tartar was more frequently present on removable appliances, fixed ones had more plaque...
- Ten oral health strategies to keep kids pain-free & problem-free throughout childhoodN G Herman
Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Division of Diagnostics, Infectious Disease and Health Promotion, New York University College of Dentistry, USA
N Y State Dent J 67:20-5. 2001..The challenge is to increase dissemination of this information, and to remind everyone that good oral health contributes significantly to one's overall general well-being...
- Mouthguard protection and sports-related dental traumaDanny Low
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Ann R Australas Coll Dent Surg 16:153-5. 2002....
- Twice a day?Mike Grace
Br Dent J 195:117. 2003
- Ice age conditions can't freeze out NCDHM!Stephanie Glecos
Pa Dent J (Harrisb) 70:22-4. 2003
- Dental health behavior of children with BBTD treated using general anesthesia or sedation, and of their parents in a recall examinationB Peretz
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Hebrew University, Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
ASDC J Dent Child 67:50-4, 9. 2000..We conclude that preventive behaviors were more frequently adopted among the families of children treated using general anesthesia...
- Preventive dentistry: what do Australian patients endorse and recall of smoking cessation advice by their dentists?G Rikard-Bell
South West Sydney Area Health Service, Liverpool, Australia
Br Dent J 194:159-64; discussion 150. 2003..To investigate patients' views regarding dentists' smoking cessation advice...
- Supportive periodontal therapy in South America. A retrospective multi-practice study on complianceA B Novaes
School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Periodontol 70:301-6. 1999..Supportive periodontal therapy is needed for the success of periodontal therapy but there is little information about the extent of patient cooperation. It is known, however, that cooperation is poor and a matter of concern...
- A pilot study for oral health case management of children with orofacial cleftsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fluoride Varnish Trial in High Caries Pre-SchoolersPhilip Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The experimental design of this study is a randomized controlled clinical trial with two treatment groups and 250 participants per group. ..
- Longitudinal Study of Fluoride, Diet, Caries & FluorosisSteven Levy; Fiscal Year: 2008..As studies involving recruitment and successful retention of a cohort from birth are extremely rare, the Iowa Fluoride Study offers a unique opportunity to study these relationships in unprecedented detail. ..
- Volunteer Activities on Long-Term Care ResidentsHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is expected that findings will support the activity theory of aging and validate the beneficial effects of residents in LTC facilities participating in structured volunteer activities. ..
- Chlorhexidine and Pneumonia in Nursing Home ResidentsCatherine Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the proposed research will serve as the basis for the design and submission of an investigator-initiated research proposal before the end of the award. ..
- Oral Health in People with Systemic SclerosisHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Chlorhexidine effect on ICU mortality and ventilator-associated pneumoniaCatherine Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adolescent daughters' response and adjustment to maternal breast cancerDANUTA CLEMMENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Health Disparities in Publicly Insured ChildrenTEGWYN BRICKHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Benefit: This mix of quantitative techniques and a clinical study will be utilized to address the NIDCR Priority Research Area of eliminating oral health disparities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL CONDITIONS AND SYSTEMIC HEALTH OUTCOMESRaul Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Observed Factors Affecting Prevention in Dental PracticeStephen Wotman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Clinical Outcomes for Early Chilhood CariesRobert Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Study Plans of Communication and Oral Health DisparitiesAnne Koerber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PREVENTION OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARIES IN MEDICAL PRACTICER Rozier; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will do a limited assessment of the cost pe oral health- related quality of life. ..
- TRADITIONAL & MEDICAL MODELS OF PERIODONTAL CARERichard Niederman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These points argue for a direct comparison of the medical and traditional model of care. ..
- Primary Care Provider and Preventive Oral HealthCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this career development award is expected to provide to Dr. Lewis the didactic and experiential training necessary to become an independent clinical investigator focusing on pediatric and dental health services research. ..
- Fluoride Agents: Pattern of their Effect on Early CariesBennett Amaechi; Fiscal Year: 2005..QLF data will be matched with their corresponding TMR data to determine the QLF parameters for lesions that were either completely remineralized or only arrested. ..
- Periodontal Disease and PrematurityAnanda Dasanayake; Fiscal Year: 2006..The collective expertise of the investigative team and the excellent clinical and research facilities are additional strengths. ..
- New Phosphated Polymers Prevent Microbial ColonizationAndrew Dentino; Fiscal Year: 2009..The use of these new polymers could improve the oral health of a significant population of prosthesis users. The phosphated PMMA polymers could have great potential for clinical and commercial applications. ..
- Oral Health Status and Habits of Young Children with Developmental DelayCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference: Elders' Oral Health SummitJudith Jones; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Dental Care in Children With and Without Special Health Care NeedsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we hypothesize that CSHCN will require relatively more restorative dental care and thus have higher dental expenditures per dental visit and overall than children without special needs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Examining Disparities in Child Dental MedicaidJessica Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also examine quality performance measures as established by the NCQA expert panel. ..