sustained virologic response
Summary: The continuous, long-term suppression of VIRAL LOAD, generally to undetectable levels, as the result of treatment with ANTIVIRAL AGENTS.
- Gondrie I, Bastiaans D, Fraaij P, Driessen G, van der Knaap L, Visser E, et al. Sustained Viral Suppression in HIV-infected Children on Once-daily Lopinavir/Ritonavir in Clinical Practice. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2017;36:976-980 pubmed publisher..A once-daily LPV/r-containing regimen in HIV-1-infected children with intensive clinical and therapeutic drug monitoring is well tolerated and has good long-term clinical, virologic and immunologic outcomes. ..
- Wirth S, Rosenthal P, Gonzalez Peralta R, Jonas M, Balistreri W, Lin C, et al. Sofosbuvir and ribavirin in adolescents 12-17 years old with hepatitis C virus genotype 2 or 3 infection. Hepatology. 2017;66:1102-1110 pubmed publisher..The primary efficacy endpoint was the percentage of patients with a sustained virologic response 12 weeks after treatment (SVR12). The median age of patients was 15 years, and 75% had genotype 3...
- Feng B, Shang J, Wu S, Chen H, Han Y, Li Y, et al. [Efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon ?-2b injection (Y shape, 40 kD) in treatment of patients with genotype 1/6 chronic hepatitis C]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2017;25:187-194 pubmed publisher..9%?????????????????????????????93.8%?????????????????????96.30%?94.94%??????????????5.13%?5.06%? ??? peg-ifn???????????1/6?chc???????????peg-ifn?-2b?y??40 kd????????peg-ifn?-2a??????????. ..
- Chang C, Nguyen P, Le A, Zhao C, Ahmed A, Daugherty T, et al. Real-world experience with interferon-free, direct acting antiviral therapies in Asian Americans with chronic hepatitis C and advanced liver disease. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6128 pubmed publisher..To evaluate sustained virologic response (SVR) and adverse events (AE) in Asian Americans treated with sofosbuvir (SOF)-based, IFN-free DAA ..
- Dalgard O, Weiland O, Noraberg G, Karlsen L, Heggelund L, Farkkila M, et al. Sofosbuvir based treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 3 infections-A Scandinavian real-life study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179764 pubmed publisher..042), and in patients with decompensated liver disease (p = 0.004). We found that sofosbuvir based treatment in a real-life setting could offer SVR rates exceeding 90% in patients with HCV genotype 3 infection and advanced liver disease. ..
- Kanwal F, Kramer J, Asch S, Chayanupatkul M, Cao Y, El Serag H. Risk of Hepatocellular Cancer in HCV Patients Treated With Direct-Acting Antiviral Agents. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:996-1005.e1 pubmed publisher..However, in patients with SVR, the absolute risk of HCC remained high in patients with established cirrhosis. These patients should be considered for ongoing HCC surveillance. ..
- Kwong Y, Chan T, Tan D, Kim S, Poon L, Mow B, et al. PD1 blockade with pembrolizumab is highly effective in relapsed or refractory NK/T-cell lymphoma failing l-asparaginase. Blood. 2017;129:2437-2442 pubmed publisher..Expression of the PD1 ligand was strong in 4 patients (3 achieving CR) and weak in 1 (achieving PR). PD1 blockade with pembrolizumab was a potent strategy for NK/T-cell lymphomas failing l-asparaginase regimens. ..
- Yoshida E, Kwo P, Agarwal K, Duvoux C, Durand F, Peck Radosavljevic M, et al. Persistence of Virologic Response after Liver Transplant in Hepatitis C Patients Treated with Ledipasvir / Sofosbuvir Plus Ribavirin Pretransplant. Ann Hepatol. 2017;16:375-381 pubmed publisher..Administration of ledipasvir / sofosbuvir plus ribavirin before liver transplant can prevent post-transplant HCV recurrence. ..
- Jacobson I, Lawitz E, Gane E, Willems B, Ruane P, Nahass R, et al. Efficacy of 8 Weeks of Sofosbuvir, Velpatasvir, and Voxilaprevir in Patients With Chronic HCV Infection: 2 Phase 3 Randomized Trials. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:113-122 pubmed publisherPatients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection have high rates of sustained virologic response (SVR) after 12 weeks of treatment with the nucleotide polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir combined with the NS5A inhibitor velpatasvir...
- Zhang Y, Li B, Wang C, Zhou N, Qi W, Li X, et al. Influence of Treg cells and HBV genotype on sustained response and drug resistance in the treatment with nucleoside drugs. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5796 pubmed publisher..Patients with HBV genotype C receiving lamivudine more often underwent drug resistance. Antiviral efficacy and the resistance to lamivudine were closely correlated with baseline factors; the same cannot be found for entecavir. ..
- Rafique G, Bukhsh A, Gul A, Khiljee S, Ashraf M, Omer M. Hematologic adverse effects and efficacy monitoring in chronic Hepatitis C patients treated with interferon and ribavirin combination therapy. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:11-16 pubmed..End Treatment Response (ETR) was achieved in 64.5%. Anemia was the major side effect of the combination therapy particularly in the males. Higher ETR was observed in patients who achieved RVR and were <50 years of age. ..
- Falade Nwulia O, Sutcliffe C, Moon J, Chander G, Wansom T, Keruly J, et al. High hepatitis C cure rates among black and nonblack human immunodeficiency virus-infected adults in an urban center. Hepatology. 2017;66:1402-1412 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that race and psychosocial comorbidity may not be barriers to HCV elimination. (Hepatology 2017;66:1402-1412). ..
- Langness J, Tabano D, Wieland A, Tise S, Pratt L, Harrington L, et al. Curing Chronic Hepatitis C: A Cost Comparison of the Combination Simeprevir Plus Sofosbuvir vs. Protease-Inhibitor-Based Triple Therapy. Ann Hepatol. 2017;16:366-374 pubmed publisher..In order to cure more patients, either additional financial resources will need to be allocated to the treatment of HCV or drug costs will need to be reduced. ..
- Chinchilla López P, Qi X, Yoshida E, Mendez Sanchez N. The Direct-Acting Antivirals for Hepatitis C Virus and the Risk for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Ann Hepatol. 2017;16:328-330 pubmed publisher..Some authors emphasized that sustained virologic response (SVR) with interferon-based therapy reduced the risk of developing HCC...
- Pillai A, Maheshwari R, Vora R, Norvell J, Ford R, Parekh S, et al. Treatment of HCV infection in liver transplant recipients with ledipasvir and sofosbuvir without ribavirin. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017;45:1427-1432 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm excellent SVR outcomes and favourable safety and tolerability profiles with ledipasvir/sofosbuvir without ribavirin in post-liver transplant recipients infected with HCV, despite treatment guidelines to use ribavirin. ..
- Lacombe K, Fontaine H, Dhiver C, Metivier S, Rosenthal E, Antonini T, et al. Real-World Efficacy of Daclatasvir and Sofosbuvir, With and Without Ribavirin, in HIV/HCV Coinfected Patients With Advanced Liver Disease in a French Early Access Cohort. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75:97-107 pubmed publisher..The primary efficacy analysis was sustained virologic response at posttreatment week 12 (SVR12; modified intention-to-treat)...