early termination of clinical trials
Summary: Earlier than planned termination of clinical trials.
- Kristeleit R, Davidenko I, Shirinkin V, El Khouly F, Bondarenko I, Goodheart M, et al. A randomised, open-label, phase 2 study of the IDO1 inhibitor epacadostat (INCB024360) versus tamoxifen as therapy for biochemically recurrent (CA-125 relapse)-only epithelial ovarian cancer, primary peritoneal carcinoma, or fallopian tube cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:484-490 pubmed publisher..Epacadostat was generally well tolerated. ..
- Deng D, Zhang P, Guo Y, Lim T. A randomised double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of allogeneic umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cell for lupus nephritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1436-1439 pubmed publisher..hUC-MSC has no apparent additional effect over and above standard immunosuppression. NCT01539902; Results. ..
- Leandro G. How to interpret a randomized controlled study stopped early. Intensive Care Med. 2013;39:1642-3 pubmed
- KROP I, Kim S, Martín A, LoRusso P, Ferrero J, Badovinac Črnjević T, et al. Trastuzumab emtansine versus treatment of physician's choice in patients with previously treated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (TH3RESA): final overall survival results from a randomised open-label phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:743-754 pubmed publisher..F Hoffman-La Roche/Genentech. ..
- Chan J, Deng W, Higgins R, Tewari K, Bonebrake A, Hicks M, et al. A phase II evaluation of brivanib in the treatment of persistent or recurrent carcinoma of the cervix: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:554-559 pubmed publisher..Based on early results of this phase II trial, brivanib was well tolerated and demonstrated sufficient activity after first stage but trial was stopped due to lack of drug availability. ..
- Woodward W, Fang P, Arriaga L, Gao H, Cohen E, Reuben J, et al. A Phase 2 Study of Preoperative Capecitabine and Concomitant Radiation in Women With Advanced Breast Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:777-783 pubmed publisher..However, patients with TN breast cancer had poor outcomes even when response was achieved. Further study in non-TN patients may be warranted. ..