Genomes and Genes
Summary: Methods which attempt to express in replicable terms the level of CELL DIFFERENTIATION in neoplasms as increasing ANAPLASIA correlates with the aggressiveness of the neoplasm.
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Eppsteiner R, Fowlkes J, Anderson C, Robinson R, Pagedar N. Aggressive Salivary Malignancies at Early Stage: Outcomes and Implications for Treatment. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017;126:525-529 pubmed publisher..For early stage tumors without adverse features, there was no survival benefit from radiation therapy. Adjuvant radiation should be decided on a case-by-case basis for these patients. ..
- Lorenzon L, Parini D, Rega D, Mellano A, Vigorita V, Biondi A, et al. Long-term outcomes in ypT0 rectal cancers: An international multi-centric investigation on behalf of Italian Society of Surgical Oncology Young Board (YSICO). Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1472-1480 pubmed publisher..Nodal positivity was the only variable independently correlated with a worse OS. Univariate analysis documented a benefit for the use of adjuvant chemotherapy treatment exclusively in ypT0N + rectal cancers. ..
- Nikaki A, Angelidis G, Efthimiadou R, Tsougos I, Valotassiou V, Fountas K, et al. 18F-fluorothymidine PET imaging in gliomas: an update. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:495-505 pubmed publisher..Moreover, related semi-quantitative and kinetic parameters will be discussed. ..
- Shan B, Zhang J, Song Y, Xu J. Prognostic factors for patients with World Health Organization grade III meningiomas treated at a single center. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7385 pubmed publisher..We could not confirm the usefulness of Ki-67. We suggest that more aggressive treatment, such as safety maximizing cytoreduction by surgery, would improve treatment outcomes. ..
- Ott G. Aggressive B-cell lymphomas in the update of the 4th edition of the World Health Organization classification of haematopoietic and lymphatic tissues: refinements of the classification, new entities and genetic findings. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:871-887 pubmed publisher..In addition, the requirement for providing the cell-of-origin classification in the diagnostic work-up of DLBCLs, the role of MYC alterations in DLBCL subtypes, and newer findings in the specific variants/subtypes are highlighted. ..
- Han Y, Xu J, Kim J, Wu X, Gu J. Methylation of subtelomeric repeat D4Z4 in peripheral blood leukocytes is associated with biochemical recurrence in localized prostate cancer patients. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:821-826 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that higher methylation in D4Z4 was associated with worse prognosis of localized PCa patients. ..
- Aning J, Thurairaja R, Gillatt D, Koupparis A, Rowe E, Oxley J. Pathological analysis of lymph nodes in anterior prostatic fat excised at robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Clin Pathol. 2014;67:787-91 pubmed..APF contains lymph nodes in 1 in 6 patients and infrequently these may be malignant. APF should always be removed at radical prostatectomy. APF should be routinely sent for pathological analysis. ..
- Hu X, He B, Zhou L, Xie H, Zheng S. Expression Pattern and Clinical Significance of Gab2 Protein in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Clin Lab. 2016;62:1087-92 pubmed..8297). Gab2 may be involved in the onset and progression of HCC. Gab2 expression is unable to serve as an independent prognosis factor in HCC patients. ..
- Turpin A, Pasquier D, Massard C, Berdah J, Culine S, Penel N. First-line management of metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer patients: Audit of real-life practices. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:552-558 pubmed publisher..8%, 61.5%, and 63.3% of cases, respectively. This is the first study assessing real-life practices among physicians who treat patients with mCRPC. These practices were found to be homogeneous. ..
- Bokhorst L, Roobol M, Bangma C, van Leenders G. Effect of pathologic revision and Ki67 and ERG immunohistochemistry on predicting radical prostatectomy outcome in men initially on active surveillance. Prostate. 2017;77:1137-1143 pubmed publisher..Undersampling of most aggressive tumor remains the main focus in order to increase accurate grading at time of treatment decision making. ..
- Liu P, Garbutt C, Hornicek F, Liu F, Duan Z. Aberration of p73 Promoter Methylation in Chondrosarcoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2939-2945 pubmed..p73 is epigenetically silenced in CS due to promoter methylation, which suggests the utility of p73 methylation as a biomarker. ..
- Chen X, Yu L, Peng H, Jiang C, Ye C, Zhu S, et al. Is intralesional resection suitable for central grade 1 chondrosarcoma: A systematic review and updated meta-analysis. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1718-1726 pubmed publisher..Intralesional resection provides lower complications and better functional outcome with no significant increase in the risk of recurrence and metastasis. We think it is a suitable treatment for central grade 1 chondrosarcoma. ..
- Lang Z, Wu Y, Li C, Li X, Wang X, Qu G. Multifocal and Multicentric Breast Carcinoma: A Significantly More Aggressive Tumor than Unifocal Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4593-4598 pubmed..In addition, every focus should be tested owing to the existence of different expressions of immunostaining between foci. ..
- Thomas N, Edmiston S, Alexander A, Groben P, Parrish E, Kricker A, et al. Association Between NRAS and BRAF Mutational Status and Melanoma-Specific Survival Among Patients With Higher-Risk Primary Melanoma. JAMA Oncol. 2015;1:359-68 pubmed
- Tauziède Espariat A, Bresson D, Polivka M, Bouazza S, Labrousse F, Aronica E, et al. Prognostic and Therapeutic Markers in Chordomas: A Study of 287 Tumors. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2016;75:111-20 pubmed..Based on the expression of EGFR, pSTAT3, VEGF, and mTOR pathway proteins, (in 85.9%, 79.1%, 85.7%, and 46% of chordomas, respectively), and 2 new mutations in the PIK3CA gene, we also provide evidence for potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Cui X, Li Z, Piao J, Li J, Li L, Lin Z, et al. Mortalin expression in pancreatic cancer and its clinical and prognostic significance. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:171-178 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we present strong evidence that Mortalin may function as a practical marker to predict prognosis and as a potential therapeutic target in PDAC treatment. ..
- Bartosch C, Pires M, Jeronimo C, Lopes J. The role of pathology in the management of patients with endometrial carcinoma. Future Oncol. 2017;13:1003-1020 pubmed publisher..We highlight the important pathologic parameters that determine treatment options and prognosis of endometrial cancer patients. ..
- van den Bent M, Smits M, Kros J, Chang S. Diffuse Infiltrating Oligodendroglioma and Astrocytoma. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2394-2401 pubmed publisher..The factor that best predicts benefit of chemotherapy in grade II and III glioma remains to be established. ..
- Etemadmoghadam D, Azar W, Lei Y, Moujaber T, Garsed D, Kennedy C, et al. EIF1AX and NRAS Mutations Co-occur and Cooperate in Low-Grade Serous Ovarian Carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4268-4278 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4268-78. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Kim S, Park W, Park E, Park B, Joo J, Joung J, et al. The prognostic value of BAP1, PBRM1, pS6, PTEN, TGase2, PD-L1, CA9, PSMA, and Ki-67 tissue markers in localized renal cell carcinoma: A retrospective study of tissue microarrays using immunohistochemistry. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179610 pubmed publisher..63) and RFS (HR, 8.51) in the multivariable model (p<0.05). pS6 and Ki-67 are significant prognostic factors of RCC; however, BAP1, PBRM1, TGase 2, PD-L1, CA9, PTEN loss, and PSMA markers did not show this association. ..
- de Nonneville A, Goncalves A, Zemmour C, Cohen M, Classe J, Reyal F, et al. Adjuvant chemotherapy in pT1ab node-negative triple-negative breast carcinomas: Results of a national multi-institutional retrospective study. Eur J Cancer. 2017;84:34-43 pubmed publisher..Although current consensus guidelines recommend consideration of CT in all TNBC larger than 5 mm, clinicians should carefully discuss benefit/risk ratio with patients, given the unproven benefits. ..
- Merx K, Martens U, Kripp M, Hoehler T, Geissler M, Gaiser T, et al. Panitumumab in Combination With Preoperative Radiation Therapy in Patients With Locally Advanced RAS Wild-type Rectal Cancer: Results of the Multicenter Explorative Single-Arm Phase 2 Study NEORIT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:867-875 pubmed publisher..Panitumumab in combination with radiation therapy as neoadjuvant treatment for locally advanced rectal cancer showed a favorable toxicity profile but failed to meet the predefined pCR rate to justify further clinical trials. ..
- Xiong W, Cheeney G, Kim S, Kolesnikova V, Henninger B, Alexander J, et al. Radiologically Undetected Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation: An Immunohistochemical Correlation With LI-RADS Score. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1466-1472 pubmed publisher..A significant association between the number and distribution of unpaired arteries and HCC detection has not been established by our study. ..
- Irshad H, Veillard A, Roux L, Racoceanu D. Methods for nuclei detection, segmentation, and classification in digital histopathology: a review-current status and future potential. IEEE Rev Biomed Eng. 2014;7:97-114 pubmed publisher..This study also enables us to measure the challenges that remain, in order to reach robust analysis of whole slide images, essential high content imaging with diagnostic biomarkers and prognosis support in digital pathology. ..
- Lessel W, Silver A, Jechorek D, Guenther T, Roehl F, Kalinski T, et al. Inactivation of JNK2 as carcinogenic factor in colitis-associated and sporadic colorectal carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:559-569 pubmed publisher..We suggest restoring p-JNK2 expression as a novel therapeutic strategy to early prevent the development of UC-related cancer. ..
- Castagnetti F, Gugliotta G, Breccia M, Iurlo A, Levato L, Albano F, et al. The BCR-ABL1 transcript type influences response and outcome in Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia patients treated frontline with imatinib. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:797-805 pubmed publisher..001) were significantly better in patients with e14a2 transcript. In conclusion, patients with e13a2 transcript had a slower molecular response with inferior response rates to imatinib and a poorer long-term outcome. ..
- Katalinic D, Santek F. Giant low-grade primary myofibroblastic sarcoma of the posterior chest wall. World J Surg Oncol. 2017;15:96 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we report an unusual case of a low-grade myofibroblastic sarcoma located in the posterior chest wall with intrathoracic propagation and discuss its clinical and pathological features. ..
- Chen J, Li C, Kuo C, Tsai K, Hou M, Hung W. Cancer/stroma interplay via cyclooxygenase-2 and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase promotes breast cancer progression. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:410 pubmed publisher..Integration of metabolomics and molecular and pathological approaches reveals the interplay between cancer and stroma via COX-2, and IDO promotes tumor progression and predicts poor patient survival. ..
- Tang Y, Yang C, Guo Z, Fu Y, Yu X, Liu B, et al. P16 protein expression as a useful predictive biomarker for neoadjuvant chemotherapy response in patients with high-grade osteosarcoma: A systematic meta-analysis under guideline of PRISMA. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6714 pubmed publisher..However, it was not correlated with the prognosis of patients in OS and DFS. More clinical researches are very essential in Asians in the future. ..
- Seagle B, Ann P, Butler S, Shahabi S. Ovarian granulosa cell tumor: A National Cancer Database study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:285-291 pubmed publisher..There was no evidence of increased survival with use of adjuvant chemotherapy. Early and complete surgical resection remains the best evidenced treatment for ovarian granulosa cell tumor. ..
- Muallem M, Parashkevova A, Almuheimid J, Richter R, Diab Y, Braicu E, et al. Preoperative CA-125 Values as a Predictive Factor for the Postoperative Outcome in Primary Serous Ovarian Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3157-3161 pubmed..Preoperative CA-125 is a poor, but statistically significant predictive factor for CTR after PCS. Preoperative CA-125 can predict neither the progression-free nor overall survival for POC patients. ..
- Diamandis P, Aldape K. Insights From Molecular Profiling of Adult Glioma. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2386-2393 pubmed publisher..In addition, we discuss the likely trajectory of incorporation of global molecular profiling platforms into the routine clinical classification of adult brain tumors. ..
- Litwin M, Tan H. The Diagnosis and Treatment of Prostate Cancer: A Review. JAMA. 2017;317:2532-2542 pubmed publisher..Abiraterone, enzalutamide, and other agents can improve outcomes in men with metastatic prostate cancer resistant to traditional hormonal therapy. ..
- Franken B, De Groot M, Mastboom W, Vermes I, van der Palen J, Tibbe A, et al. Circulating tumor cells, disease recurrence and survival in newly diagnosed breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2012;14:R133 pubmed publisher..Presence of CTC in breast cancer patients before undergoing surgery with curative intent is associated with an increased risk for breast cancer-related death. ..
- Yokoyama Y, Matsumoto A, Hieda M, Shinchi Y, Ogihara E, Hamada M, et al. Loss of histone H4K20 trimethylation predicts poor prognosis in breast cancer and is associated with invasive activity. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:R66 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, this study suggests that a reduced level of H4K20me3 increases the invasiveness of breast cancer cells in a HER2-independent manner. ..
- Mansfield A, Visscher D, Hart S, Wang C, Goetz M, Oxvig C, et al. Pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A expression in human breast cancer. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2014;24:264-7 pubmed publisher..The role of PAPP-A in breast cancer prognosis, and possibly therapeutics, warrants further investigation. ..
- Jia X, Shanmugam C, Paluri R, Jhala N, Behring M, Katkoori V, et al. Prognostic value of loss of heterozygosity and sub-cellular localization of SMAD4 varies with tumor stage in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20198-20212 pubmed publisher..LOH of 18q21 and high cytoplasmic localization of SMAD4 in Stage II CRCs and low nuclear SMAD4 in Stage III CRCs are predictors of shortened patient survival. ..
- Jin H, Wang C, Jin G, Ruan H, Gu D, Wei L, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 1 Gene Isoform 4, Down-regulated in Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Prevents Proliferation, Migration, and Invasive Activity of Cancer Cells and Metastasis of Orthotopic Tumors by Inhibiting Nuclear Translocation of NFAT1. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:799-811.e33 pubmed publisher..4 in HCC cells prevents growth, angiogenesis, and metastases of xenograft tumors by inhibiting calcineurin activity and nuclear translocation of NFAT1. ..
- Morrow M, Abrahamse P, Hofer T, Ward K, Hamilton A, Kurian A, et al. Trends in Reoperation After Initial Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer: Addressing Overtreatment in Surgical Management. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1352-1357 pubmed publisher..Surgery after initial lumpectomy to obtain more widely clear margins is common and may lead to mastectomy...
- Hopp E, Cossette S, Kumar S, Eastwood D, Ramchandran R, Bishop E. Sucrose Non-Fermenting Related Kinase Expression in Ovarian Cancer and Correlation with Clinical Features. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:456-462 pubmed publisher..0431). The most strongly stained malignant SNRK+ nuclei were stage 1 compared to stage 2-4 disease. Differential expression of SNRK in early versus late stage disease suggests specific roles for SNRK in ovarian cancer metastasis. ..
- Jabbar S, Lynch B, Seiler S, Hwang H, Sahoo S. Pathologic Findings of Breast Lesions Detected on Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141:1513-1522 pubmed publisher..Benign and malignant lesions identified by MRI share similar morphologic and kinetic features, necessitating biopsy for histologic confirmation. ..
- Lynch C, van Berkel V, Frieboes H. Application of unsupervised analysis techniques to lung cancer patient data. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184370 pubmed publisher..048). We conclude that unsupervised data analysis techniques may be of use to classify patients by defining the classes as effective proxies for survival prediction. ..
- Galizia G, Lieto E, Auricchio A, Cardella F, Mabilia A, Podzemny V, et al. Naples Prognostic Score, Based on Nutritional and Inflammatory Status, is an Independent Predictor of Long-term Outcome in Patients Undergoing Surgery for Colorectal Cancer. Dis Colon Rectum. 2017;60:1273-1284 pubmed publisher..The existing scores reflecting the patient's nutritional and inflammatory status do not include all biomarkers and have been poorly studied in colorectal cancers...
- Tang L, Chai W, Ye F, Yu Y, Cao L, Yang M, et al. HMGB1 promotes differentiation syndrome by inducing hyperinflammation via MEK/ERK signaling in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:27314-27327 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that released HMGB1 is central to DS, and that targeting HMGB1 may be of therapeutic value in the treatment of DS. ..
- Rydzewska L, Burdett S, Vale C, Clarke N, Fizazi K, Kheoh T, et al. Adding abiraterone to androgen deprivation therapy in men with metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer: AÂ systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2017;84:88-101 pubmed publisher..Future research will need to address which of these two agents or whether their combination is most effective, and for whom. ..
- Du P, Wang S, Tang X, An C, Yang Y, Jiang W. Reduced Expression of Metastasis Suppressor-1 (MTSS1) Accelerates Progression of Human Bladder Uroepithelium Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4499-4505 pubmed..Overexpression of MTSS1 suppresses BUCC development, providing a novel perspective for BUCC tumorigenesis and a potential therapeutic target for BUCC. ..
- . Soft tissue and visceral sarcomas: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol. 2012;23 Suppl 7:vii92-9 pubmed
- Deb S, Do H, Byrne D, Jene N, Dobrovic A, Fox S. PIK3CA mutations are frequently observed in BRCAX but not BRCA2-associated male breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R69 pubmed
- Zhou L, Rui J, Wang S, Chen S, Qu Q. Early recurrence in large hepatocellular carcinoma after curative hepatic resection: prognostic significance and risk factors. Hepatogastroenterology. 2014;61:2035-41 pubmed..Patients with early recurrence carried very poor post-recurrence prognosis in LHCC. The microvascular involvement and differentiation grade might be particularly helpful for prediction of early recurrence. ..
- Liu M, Li L, Yu W, Chen J, Xiong W, Chen S, et al. Marriage is a dependent risk factor for mortality of colon adenocarcinoma without a time-varying effect. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20056-20066 pubmed publisher..Psychological interventions are suggested to improve receipt of treatment among unmarried patients, as their poor survival may be due to the inefficient treatment. ..
- Singh K, Wang Y, Marketkar S, Kalife E, Steinhoff M. Comparison of estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and HER2 results in concurrent ipsilateral samples with invasive breast carcinoma: a retrospective study of 246 biopsies from 119 patients. Hum Pathol. 2017;65:123-132 pubmed publisher..HER2 discordance is noted in grade 2 to 3 ductal tumors only. Histologic subtype and grade may guide extent of biomarker testing in concurrent ipsilateral breast biopsies. ..
- Wu Z, Wang S, Xue P, Wang S, Wang G, Zhang W. Inhibitory member of the apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 is overexpressed in bladder cancer and correlated to its progression. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6640 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that iASPP is overexpressed in BC and promotes the malignancy of BC. iASPP maybe serve as a potential therapeutic target for BC. ..
- He D, Huang C, Zhou Q, Liu D, Xiong L, Xiang H, et al. HnRNPK/miR-223/FBXW7 feedback cascade promotes pancreatic cancer cell growth and invasion. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20165-20178 pubmed publisher..These data unveiled an important new miR-223/FBXW7/HnRNPK feedback cascade in human PDAC. ..
- Mori K, Takeda M, Kodama Y, Kiyokawa H, Yasojima H, Mizutani M, et al. Tumor thickness and histological features as predictors of invasive foci within preoperatively diagnosed ductal carcinoma in situ. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:145-155 pubmed publisher..Although IDCPIC and pure DCIS showed similar recurrence-free survival curves, prediction of invasive foci within DCIS necessitates postoperative pathological analysis of surgically resected lesions. ..
- Cimino P, Zager M, McFerrin L, Wirsching H, Bolouri H, Hentschel B, et al. Multidimensional scaling of diffuse gliomas: application to the 2016 World Health Organization classification system with prognostically relevant molecular subtype discovery. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:39 pubmed publisher..The prognostic utility of these molecular subtypes was further validated using an independent data set of the German Glioma Network prospective glioblastoma patient cohort. ..
- Xu Y, Qin S, An T, Tang Y, Huang Y, Zheng L. MiR-145 detection in urinary extracellular vesicles increase diagnostic efficiency of prostate cancer based on hydrostatic filtration dialysis method. Prostate. 2017;77:1167-1175 pubmed publisher..miR-145 in UEVs is upregulated from PCa patients compared BPH patients and healthy controls. We suggest the potential use of UEVs miR-145 as a biomarker of PCa. ..
- Oza A, Tinker A, Oaknin A, Shapira Frommer R, McNeish I, Swisher E, et al. Antitumor activity and safety of the PARP inhibitor rucaparib in patients with high-grade ovarian carcinoma and a germline or somatic BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation: Integrated analysis of data from Study 10 and ARIEL2. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:267-275 pubmed publisher..6%, 45.9%, and 9.8% of patients, respectively. No treatment-related deaths occurred. Rucaparib has antitumor activity in advanced BRCA1/2-mutated HGOC and a manageable safety profile. ..
- Zhang F, Zhao X, Ji X, Han R, Li P, Du M. Diagnostic value of acoustic radiation force impulse imaging for assessing superficial lymph nodes: A diagnostic accuracy study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8125 pubmed publisher..ARFI imaging may be a feasible method for differentiating MLNs from CLNs...
- Beca F, Kensler K, Glass B, Schnitt S, Tamimi R, Beck A. EZH2 protein expression in normal breast epithelium and risk of breast cancer: results from the Nurses' Health Studies. Breast Cancer Res. 2017;19:21 pubmed publisher..These results provide further evidence that EZH2 expression in the normal breast epithelium is independently associated with breast cancer risk and might be used to assist in risk stratification for women with benign breast biopsies. ..
- Li X, Lu H, Xu K, Wang H, Liang X, Hu Z. Negative lymph node count is an independent prognostic factor for patients with rectal cancer who received preoperative radiotherapy. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:227 pubmed publisher..002) and ypIII (P < 0.001). Our results firmly demonstrated that NLN count provides accurate prognostic information for RC patients with Pre-RT. ..
- Dalton L, Gerds T. The Advantage of Discordance: An Example Using the Highly Subjective Nuclear Grading of Breast Cancer. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1105-1111 pubmed publisher..Shown has been how an "in-between" level helps predict survival then discordance discovery offers classification. Discordance discovery can conceivably be embraced for real-world applications. ..
- Bhalla A, Mann S, Chen S, Cummings O, Lin J. Histopathological evidence of neoplastic progression of von Meyenburg complex to intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;67:217-224 pubmed publisher..VMC could become neoplastic, serving as an in situ carcinoma lesion to transform to iCC. The underlying molecular alteration and clinical implication of this neoplastic transformation deserves further investigation. ..
- Ni W, Yang Z, Qi W, Cui C, Cui Y, Xuan Y. Gli1 is a potential cancer stem cell marker and predicts poor prognosis in ductal breast carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;69:38-45 pubmed publisher..038). Moreover, Gli1 expression correlated significantly with the expression of two CSC markers, Sox2 (P=.01) and LSD1 (P=.01). Gli1 could be a stem cell marker and an indicator of poor prognosis in patients with ductal breast carcinoma. ..
- Armitage J. The aggressive peripheral T-cell lymphomas: 2017. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:706-715 pubmed publisher..Enteropathy-associated PTCL and hepatosplenic PTCL are rare disorders with a generally poor response to therapy although selected patients with enteropathy- associated PTCL seem to benefit from intensive therapy. ..
- Driver B, Miller R, Miller T, Deavers M, Gorman B, Mody D, et al. Programmed Death Ligand-1 (PD-L1) Expression in Either Tumor Cells or Tumor-Infiltrating Immune Cells Correlates With Solid and High-Grade Lung Adenocarcinomas. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141:1529-1532 pubmed publisher..01, Mann-Whitney test). - Lung adenocarcinoma subsets defined by PD-L1 expression in either tumor cells or tumor-infiltrating immune cells correlated with high histologic grade, solid subtype, and high smoking pack-years. ..
- Ahmadinejad F, Mowla S, Honardoost M, Arjenaki M, Moazeni Bistgani M, Kheiri S, et al. Lower expression of miR-218 in human breast cancer is associated with lymph node metastases, higher grades, and poorer prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698362 pubmed publisher..In addition, our in silico enrichment analyses revealed that the association of miR-218 expression with breast cancer prognosis might be through its involvement in endocytosis and gap junction biological pathways. ..
- Andersson M, Afshari M, Andrén Y, Wick M, Stenman G. Targeting the Oncogenic Transcriptional Regulator MYB in Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma by Inhibition of IGF1R/AKT Signaling. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017;109: pubmed publisher..Our studies uncover a new strategy to target an oncogenic transcriptional master regulator and provide new important insights into the biology and treatment of ACC. ..
- Saxena A, Valle S, Liauw W, Morris D. Recurrence and Survival Outcomes After Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Small Bowel Adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5737-5742 pubmed..Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (CRS-HIPEC) is a promising treatment option. We evaluated our experience of CRS-HIPEC for the treatment of SBA...
- Xiao M, Lou C, Xiao H, Yang Y, Cai X, Li C, et al. MiR-128 regulation of glucose metabolism and cell proliferation in triple-negative breast cancer. Br J Surg. 2018;105:75-85 pubmed publisher..These effects were consistent with miR-128 targeting inhibition of the insulin receptor and insulin receptor substrate 1. MiR-128 might be a prognostic marker and possible molecular target for therapy in patients with TNBC. ..
- Shafique K, Proctor M, McMillan D, Leung H, Smith K, Sloan B, et al. The modified Glasgow prognostic score in prostate cancer: results from a retrospective clinical series of 744 patients. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:292 pubmed publisher..It may be useful in determining the clinical management of patients with prostate cancer in addition to established prognostic markers. ..
- Thomas J, Hanby A, Russell N, van Tienhoven G, Riddle K, Anderson N, et al. The BIG 2.04 MRC/EORTC SUPREMO Trial: pathology quality assurance of a large phase 3 randomised international clinical trial of postmastectomy radiotherapy in intermediate-risk breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017;163:63-69 pubmed publisher..If critical pathology criteria are determinants for trial entry, serious consideration should be given to up-front central pathology review. ..
- Wang W, He X, Zheng Z, Ma X, Hu X, Wu D, et al. Serum HOTAIR as a novel diagnostic biomarker for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:75 pubmed publisher..Our study, for the first time, demonstrated that serum HOTAIR might serve as a potential biomarker for the diagnosis of ESCC. ..
- Garcia Soto A, Schreiber T, Strbo N, Ganjei Azar P, Miao F, Koru Sengul T, et al. Cancer-testis antigen expression is shared between epithelial ovarian cancer tumors. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;145:413-419 pubmed publisher..The degree of antigen sharing between tumors increased with the total number of antigens expressed. These data suggest a multi-epitope approach for development of immunotherapy for ovarian cancer treatment. ..
- Chen N, Li W, Huang K, Yang W, Huang L, Cong T, et al. Increased platelet-lymphocyte ratio closely relates to inferior clinical features and worse long-term survival in both resected and metastatic colorectal cancer: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis of 24 studies. Oncotarget. 2017;8:32356-32369 pubmed publisher..43; p=0.001), and the recurrence of CRC (OR=2.78; 95% CI, 1.36-5.68; p=0.005). We indicated that pretreatment PLR was a good prognostic marker for CRC patients. High PLR was related to worse OS, RFS and poor clinical characteristics. ..
- Oda Y, Aishima S, Shindo K, Fujino M, Mizuuchi Y, Hattori M, et al. SLC2A1/GLUT1 expression in mural nodules of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas. Hum Pathol. 2017;65:71-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SLC2A1/GLUT1 is expressed late in the adenoma-carcinoma sequence during carcinogenesis in IPMN, and SLC2A1/GLUT1 act as therapeutic target for malignant IPMN. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Ishioka J, Tanaka H, Kimura T, Yoshida S, Saito K, et al. Impact of the Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System, Version 2, on MRI Diagnosis for Extracapsular Extension of Prostate Cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:W76-W84 pubmed publisher..PI-RADSv2 reduces understaging and improves interobserver agreement in ECE assessment. However, overstaging is a concern, and the biopsy Gleason score may have a complementary role in reducing overstaging. ..
- Hang J, Charu V, Zhang M, Vandenbussche C. Digital image analysis supports a nuclear-to-cytoplasmic ratio cutoff value of 0.5 for atypical urothelial cells. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017;125:710-716 pubmed publisher..Individual laboratories using different cytopreparation methods may require independent validation of the N:C ratio cutoff value. Cancer Cytopathol 2017;125:710-6. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Cyll K, Ersvær E, Vlatkovic L, Pradhan M, Kildal W, Avranden Kjær M, et al. Tumour heterogeneity poses a significant challenge to cancer biomarker research. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:367-375 pubmed publisher..We aimed to examine the extent of tumour heterogeneity and its effect on the evaluation of a selected prognostic marker using prostate cancer as a model...