Genomes and Genes
early detection of cancer
Summary: Methods to identify and characterize cancer in the early stages of disease and predict tumor behavior.
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Provenzale D, Gupta S, Ahnen D, Bray T, Cannon J, Cooper G, et al. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Colorectal Version 1.2016, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14:1010-30 pubmed..As of 2016, the panel recommends screening all patients with colorectal cancer for Lynch syndrome and provides recommendations for surveillance for early detection and prevention of Lynch syndrome-associated cancers. ..
- Ndejjo R, Mukama T, Musinguzi G, Halage A, Ssempebwa J, Musoke D. Women's intention to screen and willingness to vaccinate their daughters against cervical cancer - a cross sectional study in eastern Uganda. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:255 pubmed publisher..To take advantage of this, there is need to avail opportunities for women to access cervical cancer screening and vaccinations particularly among rural communities. ..
- Weber D, Gawrych K, Casjens S, Brik A, Lehnert M, Taeger D, et al. Circulating miR-132-3p as a Candidate Diagnostic Biomarker for Malignant Mesothelioma. Dis Markers. 2017;2017:9280170 pubmed publisher..It is indicated that the combination of miR-132-3p with other individual biomarkers improves the biomarker performance. ..
- Kaminski M, Wieszczy P, Rupinski M, Wojciechowska U, Didkowska J, Kraszewska E, et al. Increased Rate of Adenoma Detection Associates With Reduced Risk of Colorectal Cancer and Death. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:98-105 pubmed publisher..003), respectively. In a prospective study of individuals who underwent screening colonoscopy within a National Colorectal Cancer Screening Program, we associated increased ADR with a reduced risk of interval colorectal cancer and death. ..
- Duffy S, Parmar D. Overdiagnosis in breast cancer screening: the importance of length of observation period and lead time. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R41 pubmed publisher..Studies using shorter observation periods will overestimate overdiagnosis by inclusion of cancers diagnosed early due to lead time among the nominally overdiagnosed tumours. ..
- Yang M, Cho J, Rampal S, Choi E, Choi Y, Lee J, et al. The association between cecal insertion time and colorectal neoplasm detection. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013;13:124 pubmed publisher..Shorter insertion times were associated with increased rates of detection of small colorectal adenomas <5 mm. Cecal insertion time may be clinically relevant as missed small colorectal adenomas may progress to more advanced lesions. ..
- Ferrante J, Lee J, McCarthy E, Fisher K, Chen R, Gonzalez E, et al. Primary care utilization and colorectal cancer incidence and mortality among Medicare beneficiaries: a population-based, case-control study. Ann Intern Med. 2013;159:437-446 pubmed publisher..Increasing and promoting access to primary care in the United States for Medicare beneficiaries may help decrease the national burden of CRC. American Cancer Society. ..
- . Vital signs: colorectal cancer screening test use--United States, 2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:881-8 pubmed..Promoting both FOBT and colonoscopy as viable screening test options might increase CRC screening rates and reduce health disparities. ..
- Snowden J, O Connell S, Hawkins J, Dalley C, Jack A, Mannari D, et al. Haematological cancers: improving outcomes. A summary of updated NICE service guidance in relation to Specialist Integrated Haematological Malignancy Diagnostic Services (SIHMDS). J Clin Pathol. 2017;70:461-468 pubmed publisher..We provide a summary of the systematic review and recommendations. Although the recommendations pertain to the UK National Health Service (NHS), they have relevance to the modern delivery of diagnostic services internationally. ..
- Strigel R, Burnside E, Elezaby M, Fowler A, Kelcz F, Salkowski L, et al. Utility of BI-RADS Assessment Category 4 Subdivisions for Screening Breast MRI. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;208:1392-1399 pubmed publisher..6% (2/7). Category 4 subdivisions for MRI yielded malignancy rates within BI-RADS-specified ranges, supporting their use for benefits to patient care and more meaningful practice audits. ..
- Wachira J, Busakhala A, Chite F, Naanyu V, Kisuya J, Otieno G, et al. Refining a questionnaire to assess breast cancer knowledge and barriers to screening in Kenya: Psychometric assessment of the BCAM. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:110 pubmed publisher..A survey measure of breast cancer knowledge and perceived barriers to screening shows promise for use in Kenya for characterizing clinical and community population beliefs, but needs adaptation for setting, language and culture. ..
- Lofters A, Schuler A, Slater M, Baxter N, Persaud N, Pinto A, et al. Using self-reported data on the social determinants of health in primary care to identify cancer screening disparities: opportunities and challenges. BMC Fam Pract. 2017;18:31 pubmed publisher..Future work in this area should target the income disparity in cancer screening and simultaneously explore how best to collect measures of poverty. ..
- Sabrkhany S, Kuijpers M, van Kuijk S, Sanders L, Pineda S, Olde Damink S, et al. A combination of platelet features allows detection of early-stage cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2017;80:5-13 pubmed publisher..A cancer type-specific combination of these platelet features can be used to discriminate between patients with early-stage cancer and healthy individuals. ..
- Alshafeiy T, Wadih A, Nicholson B, Rochman C, Peppard H, Patrie J, et al. Comparison Between Digital and Synthetic 2D Mammograms in Breast Density Interpretation. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:W36-W41 pubmed publisher..Practices can readily adopt synthetic 2D mammography without concern that it will affect density assessment and subsequent recommendations for supplemental screening. ..
- Li C, Matthews A, Dong X. Examination of Chronic Smoking Behavior and Eligibility for Low-Dose Computed Tomography for Lung Cancer Screening Among Older Chinese Male Smokers. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;72:S22-S25 pubmed publisher..Increased outreach and education regarding early detection of lung cancer and smoking cessation are needed for this vulnerable and high-risk population. ..
- Vink M, Bogaards J, van Kemenade F, de Melker H, Meijer C, Berkhof J. Clinical progression of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: estimating the time to preclinical cervical cancer from doubly censored national registry data. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;178:1161-9 pubmed publisher..6% for HPV-16-negative lesions. Estimated durations of time to cancer are essential for reassessment of the optimal screening interval in light of vaccination and novel screening tests. ..
- Auge J, Fraser C, Rodriguez C, Roset A, Lopez Ceron M, Grau J, et al. Clinical utility of one versus two faecal immunochemical test samples in the detection of advanced colorectal neoplasia in symptomatic patients. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2016;54:125-32 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic yield of collecting two samples for FIT can be achieved with one sample, but a lower faecal haemoglobin concentrations (f-Hb) cut-off is required. ..
- Tanner N, Dai L, Bade B, Gebregziabher M, Silvestri G. Assessing the Generalizability of the National Lung Screening Trial: Comparison of Patients with Stage 1 Disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:602-608 pubmed publisher..Although screening is covered for eligible Medicare beneficiaries, the generalizability of the NLST in the elderly population has been questioned...
- Xu J, Xu B, Tang C, Li X, Qin H, Wang W, et al. The Exploration of Peptide Biomarkers in Malignant Pleural Effusion of Lung Cancer Using Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry. Dis Markers. 2017;2017:3160426 pubmed publisher..15%, respectively, after blinded test. The sensitivity of CEA was significantly lower than MALDI-TOF-MS classification (P = 0.035). Conclusions. The results indicate MALDI-TOF-MS is a potential method for diagnosing MPE. ..
- Connell L, Mota J, Braghiroli M, Hoff P. The Rising Incidence of Younger Patients With Colorectal Cancer: Questions About Screening, Biology, and Treatment. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2017;18:23 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to outline our current knowledge of the distinguishing features of early-onset CRC, the ongoing research efforts, and the evolving evidence in this field. ..
- Coy J. EDIM-TKTL1/Apo10 Blood Test: An Innate Immune System Based Liquid Biopsy for the Early Detection, Characterization and Targeted Treatment of Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Since TKTL1 represents a drugable target, the EDIM based detection of TKTL1 enables a targeted cancer therapy using the vitamin derivatives oxythiamine or benfo-oxythiamine. ..
- Tsodikov A, Gulati R, de Carvalho T, Heijnsdijk E, Hunter Merrill R, Mariotto A, et al. Is prostate cancer different in black men? Answers from 3 natural history models. Cancer. 2017;123:2312-2319 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2312-2319. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Choi J, Kim S, Kim J, Han S, Park J, Oh S, et al. Clinical implications of pre-existing adenoma in endoscopically resected early gastric cancers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178419 pubmed publisher..pylori-related chronic inflammation than those without, which could explain the differences in the characteristics between groups. Potential differences in carcinogenic mechanisms between the groups were explored. ..
- Koroukian S, Bakaki P, Htoo P, Han X, Schluchter M, Owusu C, et al. The Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, Medicaid, and breast cancer outcomes among Ohio's underserved women. Cancer. 2017;123:3097-3106 pubmed publisher..Efforts to reduce breast cancer disparities must target this group of women before they present to Medicaid. Cancer 2017;123:3097-106. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Zhang H, Wang L, Hou Z, Ma H, Mamtimin B, Hasim A, et al. Metabolomic profiling reveals potential biomarkers in esophageal cancer progression using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry platform. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:119-125 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the potential biomarkers discovered by metabolomics could reflect the metabolic characterization of ESCC, and offers a novel approach for early diagnosis, assessment and prognosis of the disease. ..
- Devaraj A, van Ginneken B, Nair A, Baldwin D. Use of Volumetry for Lung Nodule Management: Theory and Practice. Radiology. 2017;284:630-644 pubmed publisher..A brief technical review of typical volumetry applications is also provided. © RSNA, 2017. ..
- Greuter M, de Klerk C, Meijer G, Dekker E, Coupé V. Screening for Colorectal Cancer With Fecal Immunochemical Testing With and Without Postpolypectomy Surveillance Colonoscopy: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2017;167:544-554 pubmed publisher..Population-based screening to prevent colorectal cancer (CRC) death is effective, but the effectiveness of postpolypectomy surveillance is unclear...
- Lansdorp Vogelaar I, Gulati R, Mariotto A, Schechter C, de Carvalho T, Knudsen A, et al. Personalizing age of cancer screening cessation based on comorbid conditions: model estimates of harms and benefits. Ann Intern Med. 2014;161:104-12 pubmed publisher..National Cancer Institute and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ..
- Mirghani H, Jung A, Fakhry C. Primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of human papillomavirus-driven head and neck cancers. Eur J Cancer. 2017;78:105-115 pubmed publisher..This article provides an overview on primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of HPV-driven OPC and discusses some directions for future research. ..
- Abbosh C, Birkbak N, Wilson G, Jamal Hanjani M, Constantin T, Salari R, et al. Phylogenetic ctDNA analysis depicts early-stage lung cancer evolution. Nature. 2017;545:446-451 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that phylogenetic ctDNA profiling tracks the subclonal nature of lung cancer relapse and metastasis, providing a new approach for ctDNA-driven therapeutic studies. ..
- Soraya G, Nguyen T, Abeyrathne C, Huynh D, Chan J, Nguyen P, et al. A Label-Free, Quantitative Fecal Hemoglobin Detection Platform for Colorectal Cancer Screening. Biosensors (Basel). 2017;7: pubmed publisher..The label-free prototype has a lower limit of detection (LOD) of 10 µg hemoglobin per gram (Hb/g) of feces, comparable to that of conventional laboratory based quantitative FIT diagnostic systems. ..
- Mallebranche C, Carton M, Minard Colin V, Desfachelle A, Rome A, Brisse H, et al. [Relapse after rhabdomyosarcoma in childhood and adolescence: Impact of an early detection on survival]. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:625-635 pubmed publisher..47.1 % vs. 48.6 % P= 0.94). Current methods of systematic surveillance after a first-line treatment of an initially localized rhabdomyosarcoma seem to improve the earliness of the diagnosis, but not the prognosis of the relapse. ..
- Beane J, Campbell J, Lel J, Vick J, Spira A. Genomic approaches to accelerate cancer interception. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e494-e502 pubmed publisher..therapies, there is a crucial unmet need to develop new approaches to improve the prevention and early detection of cancer. Advances in genomics and computational biology offer unprecedented opportunities to understand the ..
- Wang J, Andrae B, Sundström K, Ploner A, Ström P, Elfstrom K, et al. Effectiveness of cervical screening after age 60 years according to screening history: Nationwide cohort study in Sweden. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002414 pubmed publisher..These findings should inform the current debate regarding age and criteria to discontinue cervical screening. ..
- Esserman L, Thompson I, Reid B. Overdiagnosis and overtreatment in cancer: an opportunity for improvement. JAMA. 2013;310:797-8 pubmed
- Boyd N, Huszti E, Melnichouk O, Martin L, Hislop G, Chiarelli A, et al. Mammographic features associated with interval breast cancers in screening programs. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:417 pubmed publisher..Tailoring screening to individual mammographic characteristics at baseline may reduce the number of interval cancers. ..
- Golfetto L, Alves E, Martins T, Sincero T, Castro J, Dannebrock C, et al. PCR-RFLP assay as an option for primary HPV test. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2018;51:e7098 pubmed publisher..If multiple HPV types are found in this primary test, a more descriptive test, such as PapilloCheck® microarray, could be performed. ..
- Hirst Y, Skrobanski H, Kerrison R, Kobayashi L, Counsell N, Djedovic N, et al. Text-message Reminders in Colorectal Cancer Screening (TRICCS): a randomised controlled trial. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1408-1414 pubmed publisher..5% in the intervention; adjusted OR 1.29, 95% CI 1.04-1.58; P=0.02). Although text-message reminders did not significantly increase uptake of the overall population, the improvement among first-time invitees is encouraging. ..
- OʼNeill T, Nguemo J, Tynan A, Burchell A, Antoniou T. Risk of Colorectal Cancer and Associated Mortality in HIV: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75:439-447 pubmed publisher..09; 95% confidence interval: 1.00 to 4.40; I = 85.0%). Rates of colorectal cancer are similar between people with and without HIV. Existing screening guidelines are likely adequate for people with HIV. ..
- Ambaye A, Goodwin A, MacLennan S, Naud S, Weaver D. Recommendations for Pathologic Evaluation of Reduction Mammoplasty Specimens: A Prospective Study With Systematic Tissue Sampling. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141:1523-1528 pubmed publisher..In patients younger than 35 years, gross-only evaluation is sufficient. However, increased sampling may be necessary in patients older than 40 years. ..
- Hu S, Zhang W, Li S, Li N, Huang M, Pan Q, et al. Pooled analysis on the necessity of random 4-quadrant cervical biopsies and endocervical curettage in women with positive screening but negative colposcopy. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6689 pubmed publisher..In contrast, those with other results should be followed up. ..
- Bjerrum A, Andersen O, Fischer A, Lindebjerg J, Lynge E. Long-term risk of colorectal cancer after negative colonoscopy in a Danish gFOBT screening cohort. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:503-511 pubmed publisher..It needs to be monitored whether recent efforts to improve colonoscopy quality have been successful in ensuring low CRC risk after negative colonoscopy also in FOBT positive persons. ..
- Tjalma W. The ideal cervical cancer screening recommendation for Belgium, an industrialized country in Europe. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2014;35:211-8 pubmed..More for less should be the driving force in cervical cancer screening if we want to be successful. ..
- Spada C, Stoker J, Alarcon O, Barbaro F, Bellini D, Bretthauer M, et al. Clinical indications for computed tomographic colonography: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) and European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR) Guideline. Eur Radiol. 2015;25:331-45 pubmed publisher
- Nelson H, Pappas M, Cantor A, Griffin J, Daeges M, Humphrey L. Harms of Breast Cancer Screening: Systematic Review to Update the 2009 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation. Ann Intern Med. 2016;164:256-67 pubmed publisher..Although overdiagnosis, anxiety, pain, and radiation exposure may cause harm, their effects on individual women are difficult to estimate and vary widely. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. ..
- Delva F, Margery J, Laurent F, Petitprez K, Pairon J. Medical follow-up of workers exposed to lung carcinogens: French evidence-based and pragmatic recommendations. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:191 pubmed publisher..A specific algorithm is proposed to determine the level of risk of BPC, taking into account the different occupational lung carcinogens and tobacco smoking at the individual level. ..
- Sullivan F, Farmer E, Mair F, Treweek S, Kendrick D, Jackson C, et al. Detection in blood of autoantibodies to tumour antigens as a case-finding method in lung cancer using the EarlyCDTÂ®-Lung Test (ECLS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:187 pubmed publisher..A cost-effectiveness model of lung cancer screening based on the results of the EarlyCDT Lung Test study will be developed. NCT01925625 . August 19, 2013. ..
- Nayar R, Wilbur D. The Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology: A Historical Perspective. Acta Cytol. 2017;61:359-372 pubmed publisher..It has been our privilege and honor to have carried on the legacy of this seminal work, even as molecular methods are being closely integrated into cervical cancer screening, triage, and prevention. ..
- Brain K, Carter B, Lifford K, Burke O, Devaraj A, Baldwin D, et al. Impact of low-dose CT screening on smoking cessation among high-risk participants in the UK Lung Cancer Screening Trial. Thorax. 2017;72:912-918 pubmed publisher..Further behavioural research is needed to evaluate optimal strategies for integrating smoking cessation intervention with stratified lung cancer screening. Results, ISRCTN 78513845. ..
- Singal A, Gupta S, Skinner C, Ahn C, Santini N, Agrawal D, et al. Effect of Colonoscopy Outreach vs Fecal Immunochemical Test Outreach on Colorectal Cancer Screening Completion: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:806-815 pubmed publisher..The rate of screening process completion was higher with colonoscopy than FIT outreach. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01710215. ..
- da Costa N, Soares Lima S, de Almeida Simão T, Ribeiro Pinto L. The potential of molecular markers to improve interventions through the natural history of oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Biosci Rep. 2013;33: pubmed publisher..Only when the different layers of complexity behind this tumour are elucidated, it will be possible to successfully perform prevention at different levels. ..
- Cubiella J, Digby J, Rodríguez Alonso L, Vega P, Salve M, Díaz Ondina M, et al. The fecal hemoglobin concentration, age and sex test score: Development and external validation of a simple prediction tool for colorectal cancer detection in symptomatic patients. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2201-2211 pubmed publisher..7%), intermediate (59.8%, PPV: 0.9%) and low (18.8%, PPV: 0.0%) risk for CRC. The FAST Score is an easy to calculate prediction tool, highly accurate for CRC detection in symptomatic patients. ..
- CLARK C, Tosteson T, Tosteson A, Onega T, Weiss J, Harris K, et al. Diffusion of digital breast tomosynthesis among women in primary care: associations with insurance type. Cancer Med. 2017;6:1102-1107 pubmed publisher..Use of screening DBT may be associated with insurance type. Surveillance is required to ensure that disparities in breast cancer screening are minimized as DBT becomes more widely available. ..
- Sakellariou D, Rotarou E. Utilisation of cancer screening services by disabled women in Chile. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176270 pubmed publisher..To develop effective initiatives targeting inequalities in the utilisation of cancer screening tests, it is important to move beyond an exclusively single-disease approach and acknowledge the complexity of the patient population. ..
- ..Familiarity with risk stratification and screening guidelines is imperative for counseling and appropriate testing. ..
- Lynge E, Beau A, Christiansen P, von Euler Chelpin M, Kroman N, Njor S, et al. Overdiagnosis in breast cancer screening: The impact of study design and calculations. Eur J Cancer. 2017;80:26-29 pubmed publisher..Screening affects cohorts of screened women. Danish registers allow very accurate mapping of the fate of every woman. We should be past the phase where studies of overdiagnosis are based on the fixed age groups from routine statistics. ..
- Bueno A, Capelasso V, Pacheco R, Latorraca C, Castria T, Pachito D, et al. What do Cochrane systematic reviews say about the clinical effectiveness of screening and diagnostic tests for cancer?. Sao Paulo Med J. 2017;135:401-410 pubmed publisher..Further studies to fully assess the effectiveness of cancer screening tests and adverse outcomes are required. ..
- Feber A, Dhami P, Dong L, de Winter P, Tan W, Martínez Fernández M, et al. UroMark-a urinary biomarker assay for the detection of bladder cancer. Clin Epigenetics. 2017;9:8 pubmed publisher..In this proof of concept study, we show the development and utility of a novel high-throughput, next-generation sequencing-based biomarker for the detection of BC-specific epigenetic alterations in urine. ..
- Tan Y, Yan B, Xue L, Li Y, Luo X, Ji P. Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy of blood serum based on gold nanoparticles for the diagnosis of the oral squamous cell carcinoma. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:73 pubmed publisher..The results of this study confirm that SERS combined PCA-LDA had a giant capability to detect and diagnosis OSCC through the serum sample successfully. ..
- Seibert T, Fan C, Wang Y, Zuber V, Karunamuni R, Parsons J, et al. Polygenic hazard score to guide screening for aggressive prostate cancer: development and validation in large scale cohorts. BMJ. 2018;360:j5757 pubmed publisher..Polygenic hazard scores can be used for personalised genetic risk estimates that can predict for age at onset of aggressive PCa. ..
- Virk Baker M, Martin M, Levine R, Wang X, Nagy T, Pisu M. Mammography utilization among Black and White Medicare beneficiaries in high breast cancer mortality US counties. Cancer Causes Control. 2013;24:2187-96 pubmed publisher..Some health care factors, e.g., managed care, were negatively associated with screening. Further studies on the determinants of mammography utilization in older women from these counties are warranted. ..
- Baxter N, Sutradhar R, Li Q, Daly C, Honein AbouHaidar G, Richardson D, et al. Do Primary Care Provider Strategies Improve Patient Participation in Colorectal Cancer Screening?. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:622-632 pubmed publisher..0-1 strategies). Practice-based strategies were self-reported. In practice, while individual PCP strategies have little effect, the use of multiple strategies to enhance screening appears to improve CRC screening uptake in patients. ..
- van der Vlugt M, Grobbee E, Bossuyt P, Bos A, Bongers E, Spijker W, et al. Interval Colorectal Cancer Incidence Among Subjects Undergoing Multiple Rounds of Fecal Immunochemical Testing. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:439-447.e2 pubmed publisher..The proportion of FIT interval cancers in FIT screening appears to be lower than that with guaiac fecal occult blood testing. Clinical trial registry: yes, www.trialregister.nl, trial number: NTR5385. ..
- Miglioretti D, Lange J, van den Broek J, Lee C, Van Ravesteyn N, Ritley D, et al. Radiation-Induced Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality From Digital Mammography Screening: A Modeling Study. Ann Intern Med. 2016;164:205-14 pubmed publisher..Women with large breasts may have a greater risk for radiation-induced breast cancer. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, National Cancer Institute. ..
- Ogunsiji O, Kwok C, Fan L. Breast cancer screening practices of African migrant women in Australia: a descriptive cross-sectional study. BMC Womens Health. 2017;17:32 pubmed publisher..Progress in reducing breast cancer deaths through early detection needs to focus on attitudinal change among African migrants. ..
- Hillyer G, Jensen C, Zhao W, Neugut A, Lebwohl B, Tiro J, et al. Primary care visit use after positive fecal immunochemical test for colorectal cancer screening. Cancer. 2017;123:3744-3753 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these changes should be included in colorectal cancer screening cost models and their causes investigated further. Cancer 2017;123:3744-3753. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..