visual analog scale
Summary: A subjective psychometric response scale used to measure distinct behavioral or physiological phenomena based on linear numerical gradient or yes/no alternatives.
- Sun X, Hai Y, Zhang X. [Effects of different pelvic incidence minus lumbar lordosis mismatch after long posterior instrumentation and fusion for adult degenerative scoliosis]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;55:435-440 pubmed publisher..the Cobb's angles, PI-LL, Japanese Orthopaedic Association (JOA) score, Oswestry Disability Index (ODI), Visual Analog Scale (VAS) and Lumbar Stiffness Disability Index (LSDI)...
- Huber M, Felix J, Vogelmann M, Leidl R. Health-Related Quality of Life of the General German Population in 2015: Results from the EQ-5D-5L. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..2% without problems). Some 64.3% of the study population were identified as problem-free. The visual analog scale (VAS) mean for all participants was 85.1...
- Mistry P, Batchelor H. Methodology Used to Assess Acceptability of Oral Pediatric Medicines: A Systematic Literature Search and Narrative Review. Paediatr Drugs. 2017;19:223-233 pubmed publisher..Further work is required to select the most appropriate method to justify whether a medicine is acceptable to a pediatric population. ..
- Bowman S, Everett C, O Dwyer J, Emery P, Pitzalis C, Ng W, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial of Rituximab and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Treating Fatigue and Oral Dryness in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1440-1450 pubmed publisher..of patients achieving a 30% reduction in either fatigue or oral dryness at 48 weeks, as measured by visual analog scale. Other outcome measures included salivary and lacrimal flow rates, quality of life, scores on the European ..
- Knuttel F, van den Bosch M, Young Afat D, Emaus M, van den Bongard D, Witkamp A, et al. Patient Preferences for Minimally Invasive and Open Locoregional Treatment for Early-Stage Breast Cancer. Value Health. 2017;20:474-480 pubmed publisher..Using hypothetical scenarios, breast cancer survivors attributed the highest scores to BCT, whereas healthy volunteers showed a slight preference for minimally invasive treatments. ..
- Cai R, Wang Y, Wang R, Wang C, Chen C. Microscope-assisted anterior cervical discectomy and fusion combined with posterior minimally invasive surgery through tubular retractors for multisegmental cervical spondylotic myelopathy: A retrospective study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7965 pubmed publisher..10°?±?5.56° postoperatively (P?=?.16).In conclusion, combined microscope-assisted ACDF with posterior minimally invasive surgery through tubular retractors appears to be a safe and effective treatment for patients with MCSM. ..
- Turgut E, Duzgun I, Baltaci G. Effects of Scapular Stabilization Exercise Training on Scapular Kinematics, Disability, and Pain in Subacromial Impingement: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:1915-1923.e3 pubmed publisher..Progressive exercise training independent from specific scapular stabilization exercises provides decreased disability and pain severity in impingement syndrome. ..
- Boulet L, Coeytaux R, McCrory D, French C, Chang A, Birring S, et al. Tools for assessing outcomes in studies of chronic cough: CHEST guideline and expert panel report. Chest. 2015;147:804-814 pubmed publisher..Finally, in research settings, tussigenic challenges play a role in understanding mechanisms of cough. ..
- Kumar A, Castrillon E, Svensson P. Can experimentally evoked pain in the jaw muscles or temporomandibular joint affect anterior bite force in humans?. J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2015;29:31-40 pubmed publisher..Pain was measured using a visual analog scale and McGill Pain Questionnaire...
- Tian R, Diao M, Tian F, Sun J, Lin X. [Preliminary analysis of the effects of tailor-made notched music therapy on chronic idiopathic tinnitus]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;52:343-348 pubmed publisher..334, P<0.05), loudness visual analog scale (VAS) (F=20.48, P<0...
- Pozeg P, Palluel E, Ronchi R, Solcà M, Al Khodairy A, Jordan X, et al. Virtual reality improves embodiment and neuropathic pain caused by spinal cord injury. Neurology. 2017;89:1894-1903 pubmed publisher..To investigate changes in body ownership and chronic neuropathic pain in patients with spinal cord injury (SCI) using multisensory own body illusions and virtual reality (VR)...
- FranÃ§a I, Sallum E, Do Vale H, Casati M, Sallum A, Stewart B. Efficacy of a combined in-office/home-use desensitizing system containing 8% arginine and calcium carbonate in reducing dentin hypersensitivity: an 8-week randomized clinical study. Am J Dent. 2015;28:45-50 pubmed..5% for Test versus 27.7% for Control) and 4 weeks (55.2% for Test and 40.5% for Control), while after 8 weeks there was no significant difference between groups (71.1% for Test versus 61.1% for Control). ..
- Buhagiar M, Naylor J, Harris I, Xuan W, Kohler F, Wright R, et al. Effect of Inpatient Rehabilitation vs a Monitored Home-Based Program on Mobility in Patients With Total Knee Arthroplasty: The HIHO Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317:1037-1046 pubmed publisher..important difference of 5 points; and EuroQol Group 5-Dimension Self-Report Questionnaire (EQ-5D) visual analog scale, which ranges from 0 (worst) to 100 (best), and has a minimal clinically important difference of 23 points...
- Pinson H, Hallaert G, Herregodts P, Everaert K, Couvreur T, Caemaert J, et al. Outcome of Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion: A Retrospective Study of Clinical and Radiologic Parameters. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:772-779 pubmed publisher..045 and 0.033). Overall, 89% of patients would reconsider the surgical intervention. The ALIF technique is a durable treatment option for patients with DDD. This study suggests different predictive parameters for treatment outcome. ..
- Dong C, Zhang J, Lu Q, Sun P, Yu J, Wu C, et al. Effect of Dexmedetomidine combined with sufentanil for post- thoracotomy intravenous analgesia:a randomized, controlled clinical study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:33 pubmed publisher..Hemodynamic measurements, visual analog scale (VAS) scores at rest and at coughing, Ramsay sedation score (RSS), analgesic consumption, and postoperative ..
- Pinegger A, Hiebel H, Wriessnegger S, Muller Putz G. Composing only by thought: Novel application of the P300 brain-computer interface. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181584 pubmed publisher..Showing very positive results with healthy people in this study, this was the first step towards a music composing system for severely disabled people. ..
- Lasschuijt M, Mars M, Stieger M, Miquel Kergoat S, de Graaf C, Smeets P. Comparison of oro-sensory exposure duration and intensity manipulations on satiation. Physiol Behav. 2017;176:76-83 pubmed publisher..The higher number of chews and faster eating rate may cause this effect. In conclusion, oro-sensory exposure duration rather than taste intensity appears to be the main determinant of food intake. ..
- Mattar M, Gualano B, Perandini L, Shinjo S, Lima F, Sá Pinto A, et al. Safety and possible effects of low-intensity resistance training associated with partial blood flow restriction in polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:473 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov NCT01501019. Registered November 29, 2011. ..
- Liu F, Zhang H, Zuo Y. Bilateral thoracic Paravertebral block for immediate postoperative pain relief in the PACU: a prospective, observational study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:89 pubmed publisher..The visual analog scale (VAS) pain scores at rest and on cough, heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry before and after ..
- Park G, Park J, Kwon D, Kwon D, Park J. Do the Findings of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Arthrography, and Ultrasonography Reflect Clinical Impairment in Patients With Idiopathic Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder?. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:1995-2001 pubmed publisher..US is recommended as the preferred option for diagnosing IAC of the shoulder because it is noninvasive, reflects the clinical features of IAC, and provides anatomical accuracy. ..
- Tian S, Yao Q, Yin X, Liu S, Zhou J, Hu J, et al. [Effects of iASSIST navigation system and personal specific instrument assisted total knee arthroplasty in the treatment of osteoarthritis]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;55:423-429 pubmed publisher..tibial component (LTC) angle, time of operation, post-operative wound drainage, period of hospitalization, visual analog scale (VAS) and Knee Society Score (KSS) at 1 day, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month and 3 months were recorded and ..
- Brown E, Harder K, Apostolidou I, Wahr J, Shook D, Farivar R, et al. Identifying Variability in Mental Models Within and Between Disciplines Caring for the Cardiac Surgical Patient. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:29-37 pubmed publisher..Panelists then rated these PPs on a 100-point visual analog scale. Descriptive statistics were expressed as percentages, medians, and interquartile ranges (IQRs)...
- Gao F, Sun W, Li Z, Guo W, Kush N, Ozaki K. Intractable bone marrow edema syndrome of the hip. Orthopedics. 2015;38:e263-70 pubmed publisher..The postoperative visual analog scale score decreased significantly more in the extracorporeal shock wave therapy group compared with the femoral ..
- Dutheil F, Pereira B, Moustafa F, Naughton G, Lesage F, Lambert C. At-risk and intervention thresholds of occupational stress using a visual analogue scale. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178948 pubmed publisher..0 for an at-risk population, and a second cut-off of 8.2 over which an action is urgently required. Future investigations into the relationships between this upper threshold and deleterious events are required. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang Z, Yang W, Jia W, Xu Y, Yang J. Cystic Dilation of the Ventriculus Terminalis: Report of 6 Surgical Cases Treated with Cyst-Subarachnoid Shunting Using a T-Catheter. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:522-527 pubmed publisher..Our successful surgical management of 6 cases through cystic-subarachnoid shunting using a T-catheter for CDVT drainage provides a potential option for treating CDVT. ..
- Videnovic A, Klerman E, Wang W, Marconi A, Kuhta T, Zee P. Timed Light Therapy for Sleep and Daytime Sleepiness Associated With Parkinson Disease: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:411-418 pubmed publisher..Light therapy (LT), a widely available treatment modality in sleep medicine, has not been systematically studied in the PD population...
- Cuesta Vargas A, Gabel P. Cross-cultural adaptation, reliability and validity of the Spanish version of the Upper Limb Functional Index. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2013;11:126 pubmed publisher..59). The QuickDASH data was unavailable for analysis due to excessive missing responses. The ULFI-Sp is a valid upper limb outcome measure with similar psychometric properties to the English language version. ..
- Ulmner M, Kruger Weiner C, Lund B. Patient-Specific Factors Predicting Outcome of Temporomandibular Joint Arthroscopy: A 6-Year Retrospective Study. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1643.e1-1643.e7 pubmed publisher..success were maximum interincisal opening (MIO) of at least 35 mm and self-graded joint pain on a 10-point visual analog scale no higher than 3...
- Hayward G, Hay A, Moore M, Jawad S, Williams N, Voysey M, et al. Effect of Oral Dexamethasone Without Immediate Antibiotics vs Placebo on Acute Sore Throat in Adults: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317:1535-1543 pubmed publisher..Acute sore throat poses a significant burden on primary care and is a source of inappropriate antibiotic prescribing. Corticosteroids could be an alternative symptomatic treatment...
- Raikin S, Sandrowski K, Kane J, Beck D, Winters B. Midterm Outcome of the Agility Total Ankle Arthroplasty. Foot Ankle Int. 2017;38:662-670 pubmed publisher..4, FAAM sport subscale 55.3, postoperative visual analog scale (VAS) for pain 12.7, and Short Form-12 (SF-12) Health Survey physical component 45...
- Honkala S, Al Yahya H, Honkala E, Freeman R, Humphris G. Validating a measure of the prevalence of dental anxiety as applied to Kuwaiti adolescents. Community Dent Health. 2014;31:251-6 pubmed..CONCLUSIONs: A tenth of children were highly dentally anxious; girls reporting higher scores. A single-item dental fear question, MDAS and MCDAS(f) were valid tools for measuring DA among Kuwaiti adolescents. ..
- Pickard A, Hung Y, Lin F, Lee T. Patient Experience-based Value Sets: Are They Stable?. Med Care. 2017;55:979-984 pubmed publisher..Although societal preference weights are desirable to inform resource-allocation decision-making, patient experienced health state-based value sets can be useful for clinical decision-making, but context may matter...
- Lin L, Lu Q, Tang X, Dai F, Wei J. [Nasal irrigation for the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis: a pilot study]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;52:446-452 pubmed publisher..The duration of the intervention period was 3 months (90 days). Visual Analog Scale (VAS) was used to evaluate nasal symptoms, and the health-related quality of life was assessed using the 12-..
- Wu A, Chen C, Shen Z, Feng Z, Weng W, Li S, et al. The Outcomes of Minimally Invasive versus Open Posterior Approach Spinal Fusion in Treatment of Lumbar Spondylolisthesis: The Current Evidence from Prospective Comparative Studies. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8423638 pubmed publisher..The data of operative time, estimated blood loss and length of hospital stay, visual analog scale (VAS) of both lower back pain and leg pain, Oswestry disability index (ODI), SF-36 PCS (physical component ..
- Sevilla Cazes J, Finkleman B, Chen J, Brensinger C, Epstein A, Streiff M, et al. Association Between Patient-Reported Medication Adherence and Anticoagulation Control. Am J Med. 2017;130:1092-1098.e2 pubmed publisher..Clinicians may gain additional insight into patients' medication adherence by incorporating this information into patient management. ..
- Lin H, Chang M, Chou P, Hung P, Wang S, Liu C. Preoperative Planning of the Lateral Entry Point Is Necessary in Percutaneous L5 Vertebroplasty. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:476-481 pubmed publisher..A visual analog scale and Oswestry Disability Index were evaluated preoperatively, postoperatively, and at the latest follow-up...
- Nguyen D, Arous F, Gallet P, Felix Ravelo M, Nguyen Thi P, Rumeau C, et al. Sinonasal symptom-related sleep disorders before and after surgery for nasal polyposis. Rhinology. 2017;55:262-268 pubmed publisher..The self-ratings (0-10 point visual analog scale) of nasal obstruction, anterior rhinorrhea, postnasal discharge, cough and 5 items related to sleep ..
- Ould Slimane M, Damade C, Lonjon G, Gilibert A, Cochereau J, Gauthe R, et al. Instrumented Circumferential Fusion in Two Stages for Instable Lumbar Fracture: Long-Term Results of a Series of 74 Patients on Sagittal Balance and Functional Outcomes. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:303-309 pubmed publisher..Clinical and quality-of-life analyses (visual analog scale [VAS], Oswesty Disability Index [ODI], Short Form 12 [SF-12]) were performed over a minimum observation ..
- Raftery G, He J, Pearce R, Birchall D, Newton J, Blamire A, et al. Disease activity and cognition in rheumatoid arthritis: an open label pilot study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R263 pubmed publisher..Although we observed minor reductions in cerebral blood flow, and a correlation between cerebral blood flow and fatigue, a larger, controlled study would be required to affirm a causal relationship. ..