Summary: Measurement of the thickness of the CORNEA.
- Caglayan M, Kosekahya P, Takmaz T, Altunoglu A, Ayan B, Atilgan C, et al. Effects of hemodialysis on corneal and anterior chamber morphometry and intraocular pressure in patients with end-stage renal disease. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2017;80:176-180 pubmed publisher..05 for all correlations). Uncorrected IOP, corrected IOP, CCT, and CV values decreased after HD, whereas the anterior chamber morphometry values remained similar between the measurements performed before and after HD. ..
- Hersh P, Stulting R, Muller D, Durrie D, Rajpal R. U.S. Multicenter Clinical Trial of Corneal Collagen Crosslinking for Treatment of Corneal Ectasia after Refractive Surgery. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1475-1484 pubmed publisher..CXL is the first approved procedure to diminish progression of this ectatic corneal process. ..
- Ozyol E, Ozyol P. Comparison of central corneal thickness with four noncontact devices: An agreement analysis of swept-source technology. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:461-465 pubmed publisher..Given mean differences and range variations in CCT measurements between devices, SS-OCT optical biometer and Scheimpflug system are interchangeable as are SD-OCT and NCP. ..
- Hersh P, Stulting R, Muller D, Durrie D, Rajpal R. United States Multicenter Clinical Trial of Corneal Collagen Crosslinking for Keratoconus Treatment. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1259-1270 pubmed publisher..Corneal collagen crosslinking affords the keratoconic patient an important new option to decrease progression of this ectatic corneal process. ..
- Kumar M, Shetty R, Jayadev C, Rao H, Dutta D. Repeatability and agreement of five imaging systems for measuring anterior segment parameters in healthy eyes. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:288-294 pubmed publisher..However, the differences in the measurements between the devices were statistically significant and the same cannot be used interchangeably for anterior segments measurements. ..
- Shetty R, Agrawal A, Deshmukh R, Kaweri L, Rao H, Nagaraja H, et al. Effect of post crosslinking haze on the repeatability of Scheimpflug-based and slit-scanning imaging devices. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:305-310 pubmed publisher..Galilei measurements appear to be least affected by post-ACXL haze when compared with other devices. Hence, topography measurements in the presence of haze need to be interpreted with caution. ..
- Gaspar R, Pinto L, Sousa D. Corneal properties and glaucoma: a review of the literature and meta-analysis. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2017;80:202-206 pubmed publisher..Our results emphasize the importance of corneal biomechanical properties in IOP interpretation and should support further studies on the influence of CH and CCT in glaucoma screening and diagnosis. ..
- Chua J, Nongpiur M, Zhao W, Tham Y, Gupta P, Sabanayagam C, et al. Comparison of Corneal Biomechanical Properties between Indian and Chinese Adults. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1271-1279 pubmed publisher..10 to 0.29; P = 0.335). Chinese have lower CH than Indian persons, and this disparity may reflect biomechanical differences of the cornea. ..
- Wang L, Jiang L, Hallahan K, Al Mohtaseb Z, Koch D. Evaluation of Femtosecond Laser Intrastromal Incision Location Using Optical Coherence Tomography. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1120-1125 pubmed publisher..The locations of paired intrastromal incisions in each eye were not correlated. Further improvements are needed to ensure the precise location of the intrastromal incisions made with this device. ..
- Tang M, Li Y, Chamberlain W, Louie D, Schallhorn J, Huang D. Differentiating Keratoconus and Corneal Warpage by Analyzing Focal Change Patterns in Corneal Topography, Pachymetry, and Epithelial Thickness Maps. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:OCT544-9 pubmed publisher..The Warpage Index is positive for warpage and negative for keratoconus, except in cases where keratoconus and warpage coexist. Together, the three parameters are strong tripartite discriminators of normal, keratoconus, and warpage. ..
- Reinstein D, Yap T, Archer T, Gobbe M, Silverman R. Comparison of Corneal Epithelial Thickness Measurement Between Fourier-Domain OCT and Very High-Frequency Digital Ultrasound. J Refract Surg. 2015;31:438-45 pubmed publisher..In contrast to VHFDU, OCT measurement includes the tear film, so the true difference is probably approximately 4 Âµm more than reported. The difference was greatest inferiorly and higher for post-LRS eyes and in thicker epithelium. ..
- Correia F, Ramos I, Roberts C, Steinmueller A, Krug M, Ambrosio R. Impact of chamber pressure and material properties on the deformation response of corneal models measured by dynamic ultra-high-speed Scheimpflug imaging. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2013;76:278-81 pubmed..Biomechanical behavior was more influenced by material composition than by thickness. Chamber pressure had a significant impact on deformation response of each lens. ..
- Shetty R, Rao H, Khamar P, Sainani K, Vunnava K, Jayadev C, et al. Keratoconus Screening Indices and Their Diagnostic Ability to Distinguish Normal From Ectatic Corneas. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:140-148 pubmed publisher..002). Keratoconus indices measured by all 3 machines can effectively differentiate keratoconus from normal corneas. However, new cutoff values might be needed to differentiate subclinical from normal corneas. ..
- Torky M, Al Zafiri Y, Khattab A, Farag R, Awad E. Visumax femtolasik versus Moria M2 microkeratome in mild to moderate myopia: efficacy, safety, predictability, aberrometric changes and flap thickness predictability. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:125 pubmed publisher..More accurate flap thickness is achieved with Visumax femtolasik. This study was retrospectively registered on 19/6/2017. Trial registration number NCT03193411 , clinicalTrials.gov . ..
- Pedersen I, Ivarsen A, Hjortdal J. Three-Year Results of Small Incision Lenticule Extraction for High Myopia: Refractive Outcomes and Aberrations. J Refract Surg. 2015;31:719-24 pubmed publisher..A minor myopic regression was observed in total corneal refractive power but not in subjective refraction. There seems to be a significant long-term improvement in higher-order aberrations after surgery. ..
- Yvon C, Archer T, Gobbe M, Reinstein D. Comparison of higher-order aberration induction between manual microkeratome and femtosecond laser flap creation. J Refract Surg. 2015;31:130-5 pubmed publisher..The difference in aberrations induction between the two groups might be due to the differences in flap thickness profiles. ..
- Kanellopoulos A, Asimellis G. Corneal epithelial remodeling following cataract surgery: three-dimensional investigation with anterior-segment optical coherence tomography. J Refract Surg. 2014;30:348-53 pubmed publisher..This in vivo epithelial and corneal screening with optical coherence tomography can be valuable for the postoperative assessment and follow-up. ..
- Kanellopoulos A, Asimellis G. Keratoconus management: long-term stability of topography-guided normalization combined with high-fluence CXL stabilization (the Athens Protocol). J Refract Surg. 2014;30:88-93 pubmed publisher..Progressive potential for long-term flattening validates using caution in the surface normalization to avoid overcorrection. ..
- Asena L, Altinors D, Cezairlioğlu Ş, Bölük S. Effect of dry eye on Scheimpflug imaging of the cornea and elevation data. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:313-317 pubmed publisher..5) (p = 0.027). BAD anterior elevation differences and pachymetric measurements may be affected by ocular surface or tear film abnormalities associated with dry eye disease. Repeated evaluations after treatment may reveal normal results. ..