Summary: Recording of brain electrical activities in which the electrodes are placed directly on the CEREBRAL CORTEX.
- Berezutskaya J, Freudenburg Z, Güçlü U, van Gerven M, Ramsey N. Neural Tuning to Low-Level Features of Speech throughout the Perisylvian Cortex. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7906-7920 pubmed publisher..Two complementary imaging techniques were used with human participants (both males and females): electrocorticography (ECoG) and fMRI...
- Murugesan S, Bouchard K, Chang E, Dougherty M, Hamann B, Weber G. Multi-scale visual analysis of time-varying electrocorticography data via clustering of brain regions. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:236 pubmed publisherThere exists a need for effective and easy-to-use software tools supporting the analysis of complex Electrocorticography (ECoG) data...
- Baldassano S, Brinkmann B, UNG H, Blevins T, Conrad E, Leyde K, et al. Crowdsourcing seizure detection: algorithm development and validation on human implanted device recordings. Brain. 2017;140:1680-1691 pubmed publisher..The success of this competition demonstrates how sharing code and high quality data results in the creation of powerful translational tools with significant potential to impact patient care. ..
- Bar Klein G, Lublinsky S, Kamintsky L, Noyman I, Veksler R, Dalipaj H, et al. Imaging blood-brain barrier dysfunction as a biomarker for epileptogenesis. Brain. 2017;140:1692-1705 pubmed publisher..imaging to quantitatively follow blood-brain barrier pathology in rats following status epilepticus, late electrocorticography to identify epileptic animals and post-mortem immunohistochemistry to confirm blood-brain barrier ..
- van t Klooster M, van Klink N, Zweiphenning W, Leijten F, Zelmann R, Ferrier C, et al. Tailoring epilepsy surgery with fast ripples in the intraoperative electrocorticogram. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:664-676 pubmed publisherIntraoperative electrocorticography (ECoG) can be used to delineate the resection area in epilepsy surgery. High-frequency oscillations (HFOs; 80-500 Hz) seem better biomarkers for epileptogenic tissue than spikes...
- Bourdillon P, Ryvlin P, Isnard J, Montavont A, Catenoix H, Mauguiere F, et al. Stereotactic Electroencephalography Is a Safe Procedure, Including for Insular Implantations. World Neurosurg. 2017;99:353-361 pubmed publisher..52%), acute pneumocephalus (0.38%), and local cutaneous infection (0.19%). SEEG is a safe procedure. Insular trajectories cannot be considered an additional risk of intracranial bleeding. ..
- Bartolomei F, Lagarde S, Wendling F, McGonigal A, Jirsa V, Guye M, et al. Defining epileptogenic networks: Contribution of SEEG and signal analysis. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1131-1147 pubmed publisher..The epileptogenic network concept is a key factor in identifying the anatomic distribution of the epileptogenic process, which is particularly important in the context of epilepsy surgery. ..
- Zea Vera A, Aungaroon G, Horn P, Byars A, Greiner H, Tenney J, et al. Language and motor function thresholds during pediatric extra-operative electrical cortical stimulation brain mapping. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:2087-2093 pubmed publisher..Functional and AD/seizure thresholds relationships suggest individual differences in cortical excitability which cannot be explained by clinical variables. ..
- Aungaroon G, Zea Vera A, Horn P, Byars A, Greiner H, Tenney J, et al. After-discharges and seizures during pediatric extra-operative electrical cortical stimulation functional brain mapping: Incidence, thresholds, and determinants. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:2078-2086 pubmed publisher..ADs and seizures during ECS brain mapping are potentially hazardous and affect its functional validity. Thus, safer method(s) for brain mapping with improved neurophysiologic validity are desirable. ..
- Talakoub O, Marquez Chin C, Popovic M, Navarro J, Fonoff E, Hamani C, et al. Reconstruction of reaching movement trajectories using electrocorticographic signals in humans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182542 pubmed publisher..An adaptive selection of frequency bands was used for movement classification and prediction. This demonstrates the efficacy of developing a real-time brain-machine interface for arm movements with as few as eight ECoG electrodes. ..
- Song I, Orosz I, Chervoneva I, Waldman Z, Fried I, Wu C, et al. Bimodal coupling of ripples and slower oscillations during sleep in patients with focal epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1972-1984 pubmed publisher..Phase-event amplitude coupling between ripples and sleep oscillations may be useful to distinguish pathologic and physiologic events in patients with frontal and parietal SOZ. ..