multidetector computed tomography
Summary: Types of spiral computed tomography technology in which multiple slices of data are acquired simultaneously improving the resolution over single slice acquisition technology.
- Nie R, Yuan S, Chen X, Chen S, Xu L, Chen Y, et al. Endoscopic ultrasonography compared with multidetector computed tomography for the preoperative staging of gastric cancer: a meta-analysis. World J Surg Oncol. 2017;15:113 pubmed publisher..perform a meta-analysis to compare the preoperative staging of endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) and multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) in gastric carcinoma...
- Levi A, Landes U, Assali A, Orvin K, Sharony R, Vaknin Assa H, et al. Long-Term Outcomes of 560 Consecutive Patients Treated With Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation and Propensity Score-Matched Analysis of Early- Versus New-Generation Valves. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1821-1831 pubmed publisher..Intermediate- and long-term hemodynamics are excellent. PVL has diminished significantly with the new-generation valves. Efforts to improve long- and short-term outcomes remain a therapeutic challenge. ..
- Qi R, You X, Pu Z, Yang Q, Huang Z, Zhou L, et al. [Comparison of aortic annular diameter defined by different measurement mordalities before transcatheter aortic valve implantation]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:409-414 pubmed publisher..05)?(3)msct????????????????????????????tte?tee??????????(p?<0.05)?(4)???7??3????????????????6???1????????????????????????? ??? tte?tee??????????msct????????????????????????????????????tavi????????????. ..
- Kelly F, Hull R, Arrey Mbi T, Williams M, Lee J, Slim A, et al. Left atrial appendage morphology and risk of stroke following pulmonary vein isolation for drug-refractory atrial fibrillation in low CHA2DS2Vasc risk patients. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:70 pubmed publisher..These findings should be interpreted in the setting of a low CVA event rate amongst a low risk population that was highly compliant with indicated anticoagulation therapy. ..
- George I, Guglielmetti L, Bettinger N, Moss A, Wang C, Kheysin N, et al. Aortic Valve Annular Sizing: Intraoperative Assessment Versus Preoperative Multidetector Computed Tomography. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Implanted surgical aortic valve replacement valves were smaller relative to MDCT-based sizing in 41% of patients, and the potential GOA was between 25% and 40.6% larger if patients had undergone transcatheter aortic valve replacement. ..
- Jiang S, Sun X, Jie B, Yu D. Endovascular embolization of an aberrant bronchial artery originating from the vertebral artery in a patient with massive hemoptysis. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2014;37:1099-102 pubmed publisher..Transarterial embolization was successfully performed, and the hemoptysis has been controlled for 2 months...
- Young J, Coy H, Douek M, Lo P, Sayre J, Pantuck A, et al. Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma: Identifying the Loss of the Y Chromosome on Multiphasic MDCT. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:333-338 pubmed publisher..Multiphasic MDCT enhancement may assist in identifying the loss of the Y chromosome in clear cell RCCs; this result should be validated in a large prospective trial. ..
- Lainas P, Fuks D, Gaujoux S, Machroub Z, Fregeville A, Perniceni T, et al. Preoperative imaging and prediction of oesophageal conduit necrosis after oesophagectomy for cancer. Br J Surg. 2017;104:1346-1354 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that oesophageal conduit necrosis after oesophagectomy for cancer may be due to pre-existing coeliac axis stenosis. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Iino K, Shintani Y, Kato H, Kimura K, Watanabe G, et al. Comparison of Aortic Annulus Dimension After Aortic Valve Neocuspidization With Valve Replacement and Normal Valve. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;29:143-149 pubmed publisher..Measurements were recorded using electrocardiography-gated multidetector computed tomography. Data were analyzed using automated aortic root analysis software...
- Wang X, Yang F, Jin C, Guan Y, Zhang H, Fu D. The value of 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/computed tomography on the pre-operative staging and the management of patients with pancreatic carcinoma. Hepatogastroenterology. 2014;61:2102-9 pubmed..13%) of unnecessary surgical exploration. FDG-PET/CT is an important staging procedure and helps to make the clinical decision for the patients with pancreatic carcinoma. ..
- Grube E, Van Mieghem N, Bleiziffer S, Modine T, Bosmans J, Manoharan G, et al. Clinical Outcomes With a Repositionable Self-Expanding Transcatheter Aortic Valve Prosthesis: The International FORWARD Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:845-853 pubmed publisher..5% of patients. TAVR using the next-generation THV is clinically safe and effective for treating older patients with severe AS at increased operative risk. (CoreValve Evolut R FORWARD Study [FORWARD]; NCT02592369). ..
- Pérez de San Román Mena L, Simal Julián J, Miranda Lloret P, Sanromán Álvarez P, Botella Asunción C. Radiological Study of the Carotid-Clival Window and Its Application in Endoscopic Endonasal Expanded Approaches. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:356-360 pubmed publisher..The CCW varies widely among individuals. The presence of pneumatization behind the paraclival carotid represents an advantageous characteristic when planning an endoscopic approach to the PCJ. ..
- Lee S, Yun S, Kim D, Jo H, Song J, Park Y. Diagnostic usefulness of low-dose lumbar multi-detector CT with iterative reconstruction in trauma patients: acomparison with standard-dose CT. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170181 pubmed publisher..Advances in knowledge: LDCT scan can be used as a diagnostic imaging tool for evaluating trauma patients with suspected L-spine fractures. ..
- Millan Iturbe O, Sawaya F, Bieliauskas G, Chow D, De Backer O, Søndergaard L. Acute Aortic Arch Perforation During Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in Bicuspid Aortic Stenosis and a Gothic Aortic Arch. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1206.e1-1206.e3 pubmed publisher..This life-threatening complication was successfully treated by thoracic endovascular aortic repair. ..
- Saad A, Dietz A, Herrmann S, Hickson L, Glockner J, McKusick M, et al. Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increase Cortical Perfusion in Renovascular Disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2777-2785 pubmed publisher..We measured cortical and medullary volumes, perfusion, and RBF using multidetector computed tomography. We assessed tissue oxygenation by blood oxygen level-dependent MRI and GFR by iothalamate clearance...
- Toelly A, Bardach C, Weber M, Gong R, Lai Y, Wang P, et al. Influence of Contrast Media on Bone Mineral Density (BMD) Measurements from Routine Contrast-Enhanced MDCT Datasets using a Phantom-less BMD Measurement Tool. Rofo. 2017;189:537-543 pubmed publisher..Formeln zur Berechnung einer wahrheitsgetreuen Knochendichte konnten akquiriert werden.. · Die Software zur phantomlosen Knochendichtebestimmung ist eine vielversprechende Methode mit guter Reliabilität.. ..
- Fernández Jiménez R, Galan Arriola C, Sánchez Gonzalez J, Aguero J, López Martín G, Gómez Talavera S, et al. Effect of Ischemia Duration and Protective Interventions on the Temporal Dynamics of Tissue Composition After Myocardial Infarction. Circ Res. 2017;121:439-450 pubmed publisher..Reference myocardium at risk was assessed by multidetector computed tomography during the index coronary occlusion...
- Shimizu K, Mogi A, Yajima T, Nagashima T, Ohtaki Y, Obayashi K, et al. Thoracoscopic Subsuperior Segment Segmentectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e407-e410 pubmed publisher..To date, anatomic subsuperior segment (S?) segmentectomy has not yet been reported. Herein we report the technical details of thoracoscopic anatomic S? segmentectomy and the anatomic features of the S?...
- Rizvi A, Hartaigh B, Danad I, Han D, Lee J, Gransar H, et al. Diffuse coronary artery disease among other atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by coronary computed tomography angiography for predicting coronary vessel-specific ischemia by fractional flow reserve. Atherosclerosis. 2017;258:145-151 pubmed publisher..Conversely, adding log percent PD to the base model of MLD, PR, and LAP improved cNRI by 0.21 (95% CI: 0.01-0.41, p < 0.001). Accounting for diffuse CAD may help improve the accuracy of CCTA for detecting vessel-specific ischemia. ..
- Asami M, Yamaji K, Aoki J, Tanimoto S, Watanabe M, Horiuchi Y, et al. Association of Dyslipidemia and Sex With Coronary Artery Calcium Assessed by Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography. Int Heart J. 2017;58:695-703 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there was no significant difference in CAC between men and women, but women had lower PAV than men...
- Feng G, Lei Z, Wang D, Xu N, Wei Q, Li D, et al. The evaluation of anti-angiogenic effects of Endostar on rabbit VX2 portal vein tumor thrombus using perfusion MSCT. Cancer Imaging. 2014;14:17 pubmed publisher..05). Multi-slice CT perfusion imaging can evaluate the anti-angiogenic effects of Endostar for the VX2 tumor thrombus in portal vein, and provide quantitative functional information. ..
- Yoon J, Jung C, Kim M, Park H, Park K, Jang H, et al. Influence of the definition of "metabolically healthy obesity" on the progression of coronary artery calcification. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178741 pubmed publisher..448; 95% CI: 0.921-2.278). The risks of metabolic deterioration and CACS progression were significant in subjects with MHO class I, but not in those with MHO class II. ..
- Blackman D, Meredith I, Dumonteil N, Tchetche D, Hildick Smith D, Spence M, et al. Predictors of Paravalvular Regurgitation After Implantation of the Fully Repositionable and Retrievable Lotus Transcatheter Aortic Valve (from the REPRISE II Trial Extended Cohort). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:292-299 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the overall rates of PVL with the Lotus Valve are low and predominantly related to device/annulus areas and calcium; these findings have implications for optimal device sizing. ..
- Khakkulov E, Khusankhodzhaev Z. [Multispiral computer tomography in differential diagnosis of congenital uretheroidhydronefrosis in children]. Urologiia. 2017;:100-104 pubmed
- Sharma K, Al Rifai M, Ahmed H, Dardari Z, Silverman M, Yeboah J, et al. Usefulness of Coronary Artery Calcium to Predict Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction in Men Versus Women (from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1847-1853 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is needed to better understand potential gender differences in pathophysiology and presentation of HFpEF...
- Balasubramanya S, Monge M, Eltayeb O, Sarwark A, Costello J, Rigsby C, et al. Anomalous Aortic Origin of a Coronary Artery: Symptoms Do Not Correlate With Intramural Length or Ostial Diameter. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2017;8:445-452 pubmed publisher..If true, this would assist in the decision for surgical indications. We also assessed the accuracy of preoperative imaging to predict intramural length...
- Soon J, Pibarot P, Blanke P, Ohana M, Leipsic J. Multimodality Imaging for Planning and Follow-up of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1110-1123 pubmed publisherThe complementary modalities of Doppler echocardiography and multidetector computed tomography are most frequently used for the planning and follow-up of transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)...
- Yu C, Lee H, Suh J, Lee N, Park S, Park T, et al. Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography Predicts Guidewire Crossing and Success of Percutaneous Intervention for Chronic Total Occlusion: Korean Multicenter CTO CT Registry Score as a Tool for Assessing Difficulty in Chronic Total Occlusion Percutan. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..05, all). KCCT scoring could predict successful guidewire crossing ?30 minutes and also procedural success. KCCT scoring may enable noninvasive grading difficulty of CTO percutaneous coronary intervention. ..
- Kozlov B, Panfilov D, Saushkin V, Kuznetsov M, Nasrashvili G, Andriianova A, et al. [Significance of the level of implantation of the 'E-vita open plus' hybrid stent graft into the descending aorta in the development of spinal ischaemic complications]. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2017;23:82-86 pubmed
- Krassnig R, Orlandi J, Tackner E, Hohenberger G, Puchwein P. Computer-aided analysis for optimal screw insertion in lateral mass of C1: An anatomical study. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2017;137:817-822 pubmed publisher..Due to the required high precision technique intraoperatively multiplanar 2 D or 3 D imaging is recommended to avoid harm to the vertebral artery or the spinal canal. ..
- Maekawa Y, Jinzaki M, Tsuruta H, Akita K, Yamada Y, Kawakami T, et al. Improved renal function in a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy after multidetector computed tomography-guided percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation. Int J Cardiol. 2015;181:349-50 pubmed publisher
- Ji G, Zhu F, Wang K, Xia Y, Jiao C, Shao Z, et al. Radiologic evaluation of vasculobiliary anatomy in the umbilical fissure. J Surg Res. 2017;214:254-261 pubmed publisher..Anatomic structures were assessed using multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) by one hepatobiliary surgeon, whereas 3D images were reconstructed by an independent ..
- Varlet V, Dominguez A, Augsburger M, Lossois M, Egger C, Palmiere C, et al. Understanding scuba diving fatalities: carbon dioxide concentrations in intra-cardiac gas. Diving Hyperb Med. 2017;47:75-81 pubmed..In cases with short post-mortem delays, the CO? concentration of the cardiac gas provides relevant information about the circumstances and cause of death when this parameter is interpreted in combination with the diving profile. ..
- Lehmann H, Deisher A, Takami M, Kruse J, Song L, Anderson S, et al. External Arrhythmia Ablation Using Photon Beams: Ablation of the Atrioventricular Junction in an Intact Animal Model. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..With doses of ?55 Gy, maximal point-doses to coronary arteries could be kept <7Gy, but target conformity of lesions was not fully achieved using this approach. ..
- Blanke P, Pibarot P, Hahn R, Weissman N, Kodali S, Thourani V, et al. Computed Tomography-Based Oversizing Degrees and Incidence of Paravalvular Regurgitation of a New Generation Transcatheter Heart Valve. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:810-820 pubmed publisher..The PARTNER II Trial: Placement of AoRTic TraNscathetER Valves [PARTNER II]; NCT01314313). ..
- Mishra A, Jain N, Bhagwat A. CT Angiography of Peripheral Arterial Disease by 256-Slice Scanner: Accuracy, Advantages and Disadvantages Compared to Digital Subtraction Angiography. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:247-254 pubmed publisher..b>Multidetector computed tomography (CT) technology has evolved to the level of 256-slice CT scanners which has significantly improved ..
- Baggish A, Weiner R, Kanayama G, Hudson J, Lu M, Hoffmann U, et al. Cardiovascular Toxicity of Illicit Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use. Circulation. 2017;135:1991-2002 pubmed publisher..These forms of AAS-associated adverse cardiovascular phenotypes may represent a previously underrecognized public-health problem. ..
- Venkata Ramanan R, Pudhiavan A, Venkataramanan A. The "cluster of black pearls" sign of sarcoid lymphadenopathy: a new sign on thin-section contrast-enhanced multidetector CT. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:729-736 pubmed publisherTo identify a specific diagnostic sign for sarcoid adenopathy on contrast-enhanced multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) based on nodal morphology. A prospective study was performed on 105 patients with 1654 nodes...
- Shuaib W, Waqas S, Johnson J, Salastekar N, Maddu K, Khosa F. Incidental findings detected on abdomino-pelvic multidetector computed tomography performed in the acute setting. Am J Emerg Med. 2014;32:36-9 pubmed..complaint of abdominal pain presenting to the emergency department (ED) who received abdomino-pelvic multidetector computed tomography. We conducted a retrospective review of data collected for 290 patients over a period of 5 months (..
- Morine Y, Enkhbold C, Imura S, Ikemoto T, Iwahashi S, Saito Y, et al. Accurate Estimation of Functional Liver Volume Using Gd-EOB-DTPA MRI Compared to MDCT/99mTc-SPECT Fusion Imaging. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5693-5700 pubmed
- Mesquita P, Dornelas Leão Leite A, Chagas Crisóstomo S, Veras Filho E, da Cunha Xavier L, Bandeira F. Evaluation of coronary calcium score in patients with normocalcemic primary hyperparathyroidism. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2017;13:225-229 pubmed publisher..64; 95% CI: 0.1-26.43; p=0.726). No association was found between the CCS and the presence of NPHPT. ..
- Senturk S, Cetin B, Cengiz M, Bilici A, Ozekinci S. Dynamic multidetector computed tomography findings of hepatocellular carcinoma of hepatitis B virus-positive and -negative patients. Cancer Imaging. 2014;14:9 pubmed publisherThe objective of this study was to retrospectively investigate and compare multidetector computed tomography findings of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-positive and -negative patients...
- Zeitoun R, Hussein M. Approach to interpret images produced by new generations of multidetector CT scanners in post-operative spine. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170082 pubmed publisher..Advances in knowledge: Modern MDCT scanners allow assessment of instruments position and integrity and osseous fusion status in post-operative spine. We propose a helpful algorithm to simplify interpreting post-operative spine imaging. ..
- Mark D, Federspiel J, Cowper P, Anstrom K, Hoffmann U, Patel M, et al. Economic Outcomes With Anatomical Versus Functional Diagnostic Testing for Coronary Artery Disease. Ann Intern Med. 2016;165:94-102 pubmed publisher..Multicenter Imaging Study for Evaluation of Chest Pain) found that initial use of at least 64-slice multidetector computed tomography angiography (CTA) versus functional diagnostic testing strategies did not improve clinical outcomes ..
- Ichiba T, Hara M, Yunoki K, Urashima M, Naitou H. Serial Follow-Up Evaluation With Computed Tomography After Conservative Medical Treatment in Patients With Symptomatic Spontaneous Isolated Superior Mesenteric Artery Dissection. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:538-544 pubmed publisher..There is no detailed information available about trend in the morphological change after conservative medical treatment in patients with symptomatic spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection (SISMAD)...
- Kim H, Kim S, Choi A, Kim S, Choi H, Kim H, et al. Asymptomatic hyperuricemia is independently associated with coronary artery calcification in the absence of overt coronary artery disease: A single-center cross-sectional study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6565 pubmed publisher..All of the participants underwent multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) for the evaluation of coronary artery calcification (CAC) during their health check-ups...
- Sobirov Z, Bakhritdinov F. [Assessment of severity of lesions of arterial basins in patients with multifocal atherosclerosis]. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2017;23:136-141 pubmed
- Vinter N, Christesen A, Mortensen L, Lindholt J, Johnsen S, Tjønneland A, et al. Relation of Coronary Artery Calcium Score and Risk of Cancer (from a Danish Population-Based Follow-up Study in Patients Who Underwent Cardiac Computed Tomography). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:542-549 pubmed publisher..However, we did observe an association between CACS and risk of lung cancer in women. ..
- Casset C, Jankowski A, Bertrand B, Saunier C, Piliero N, Rodiere M, et al. Evaluation of Imaging Strategy to Optimize and Improve Outcome of Transcatheter Aortic Valvular Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1633-1638 pubmed publisher..6; all-cause death 16% vs. 4%, p?=?0.34; no stroke). In conclusion, the use of cardiac CT in addition to ultrasound data in THV size selection reduced the long-term occurrence of cardiovascular events. ..
- Höink A, Schülke C, Koch R, Löhnert A, Kammerer S, Fortkamp R, et al. Response Evaluation of Malignant Liver Lesions After TACE/SIRT: Comparison of Manual and Semi-Automatic Measurement of Different Response Criteria in Multislice CT. Rofo. 2017;189:1067-1075 pubmed publisher..Die höhere Präzision ermöglicht eine verlässlichere Klassifikation des Therapieansprechens.. · Die Größenbestimmung nach RECIST und WHO ist semiautomatisch und manuell vergleichbar präzise.. ..
- Leutz Schmidt P, Weinheimer O, Jobst B, Dinkel J, Biederer J, Kauczor H, et al. Influence of exposure parameters and iterative reconstruction on automatic airway segmentation and analysis on MDCT-An ex vivo phantom study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182268 pubmed publisher..IR) on computer-aided segmentation and quantitative analysis of the tracheobronchial tree on multidetector computed tomography (MDCT). 10 porcine heart-lung-explants were mounted inside a dedicated chest phantom...
- Noumura Y, Kamishima T, Sutherland K, Nishimura H. Visceral adipose tissue area measurement at a single level: can it represent visceral adipose tissue volume?. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170253 pubmed publisher..Advances in knowledge: As VAT area at a CT slice 3cm above the lower margin of L3 can best reflect interval changes in VAT volume and body weight, VAT area measurement should be selected at this location. ..
- Schleder S, Jung E, Heiss P, Stroszczynski C, Schreyer A. Hand-carried and high-end ultrasound systems are equally inferior to abdominal radiography and multidetector computed tomography in the diagnosis of pneumoperitoneum. Rofo. 2014;186:219-24 pubmed publisher..Diagnosis of PP was based on findings of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) and abdominal radiography (AR) as the standard of reference...
- Tschauner S, Marterer R, Nagy E, Apfaltrer G, Riccabona M, Singer G, et al. Surface radiation dose comparison of a dedicated extremity cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) device and a multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) machine in pediatric ankle and wrist phantoms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178747 pubmed publisherTo evaluate and compare surface doses of a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and a multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) device in pediatric ankle and wrist phantoms...
- Gutierrez D, Gurajala R, Kapoor B, Setser R, Karuppasamy K. Relationship between cone-beam CT technique and diagnostic usefulness in patients undergoing embolotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:993.e1-993.e6 pubmed publisher..The relationship between MDCT and CBCT in both groups was consistent. The information obtained with 5-s CBCT was equivalent to that obtained with 8-s CBCT but with a lower radiation dose. ..