Summary: The observation of successive phases of MOVEMENT by use of a flashing light.
- Martin K, Huggins T, King C, Carroll M, CATAPANE E. The neurotoxic effects of manganese on the dopaminergic innervation of the gill of the bivalve mollusc, Crassostrea virginica. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2008;148:152-9 pubmed publisher..It also may serve as a model in pharmacological studies of drugs to treat or prevent Manganism and other dopaminergic cell disorders. ..
- Jeannon J, Orabi A, Bruch G, Abdalsalam H, Simo R. Diagnosis of recurrent laryngeal nerve palsy after thyroidectomy: a systematic review. Int J Clin Pract. 2009;63:624-9 pubmed publisher..We propose establishment of a 'gold standard' for assessing the voice after thyroidectomy to reduce reporting bias. ..
- Hsu Y, Lan M, Chang S. Percutaneous corticosteroid injection for vocal fold polyp. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:776-80 pubmed publisher..No complications were noted. The overall response rate by stroboscopy was 91% (20 of 22 patients) and complete remission rate was 59% (13 of 22)...
- Ilmarinen T, Nissilä H, Rihkanen H, Roine R, Pietarinen Runtti P, Pitkaranta A, et al. Clinical features, health-related quality of life, and adult voice in juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Laryngoscope. 2011;121:846-51 pubmed publisher..Four study patients (22%) had undergone tracheotomy, indicating severity of juvenile-onset disease. JORRP is a risk factor for permanent laryngeal pathology and voice-disturbances in adulthood. ..
- Woo S, Son Y, Lee S, Park J, Kim J. Comparative analysis on the efficiency of the injection laryngoplasty technique using calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA): the thyrohyoid approach versus the cricothyroid approach. J Voice. 2013;27:236-41 pubmed publisher..05). Based on the results of this trial, injection laryngoplasty using the TH approach is an effective alternative to the CT approach, especially for the injection of CaHA in patients with permanent unilateral vocal fold palsy. ..
- Finck C, Harmegnies B, Remacle A, Lefebvre P. Implantation of esterified hyaluronic acid in microdissected Reinke's space after vocal fold microsurgery: short- and long-term results. J Voice. 2010;24:626-35 pubmed publisher..The use of EHA implant in microdissected SLLP is safe and leads to good laryngeal and vocal outcomes in the treated patients. More interestingly, treated cases exhibit a continuous improvement over a long period of time. ..
- Vinson K, Zraick R, Ragland F. Injection versus medialization laryngoplasty for the treatment of unilateral vocal fold paralysis: follow-up at six months. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:1802-7 pubmed publisher..Injection and medialization laryngoplasty were comparable in achieving voice improvement at the average long-term follow-up of 6 months. ..
- Kwon T, An S, Ahn J, Kim K, Sung M. Calcium hydroxylapatite injection laryngoplasty for the treatment of presbylaryngis: long-term results. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:326-9 pubmed publisher..No major complications were encountered except for transient hematoma, pain, and a foreign body sensation. The authors conclude that CaHA injection laryngoplasty offers an effective and safe means of treating presbylaryngis. ..
- Smith L, Sataloff R. Vocal fold polyp in a professional singer. Ear Nose Throat J. 2005;84:552 pubmed
- Mortensen M, Woo P. Office steroid injections of the larynx. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:1735-9 pubmed..Results were evaluated by stroboscopy and by perceptual evaluation of the GRABS scale before and after injection...
- Valdez T, Desai U, Ruhl C, Nigri P. Early laryngeal inhalation injury and its correlation with late sequelae. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:283-7 pubmed..Inhalation injuries should be managed in a multidisciplinary fashion. There may be a correlation between the degree of tracheal injury and laryngeal injury and hoarseness. ..
- Mey K, Rasmussen N. [Laryngeal fractures due to blunt trauma]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2008;170:3243-6 pubmed..Based on a computertomography, dislocated fractures should be operated (preferably within 48 hours). It is necessary to obtain stable fractures. The use of titanium nets or miniplates is recommended. ..
- Rodríguez Parra M, Adrián J, Casado J. Voice therapy used to test a basic protocol for multidimensional assessment of dysphonia. J Voice. 2009;23:304-18 pubmed..Therefore, multidimensional voice evaluation is a useful tool in the diagnostics of dysphonia in clinical and speech-language-therapy contexts. ..
- van Loon Y, Sjögren E, Langeveld T, Baatenburg de Jong R, Schoones J, van Rossum M. Functional outcomes after radiotherapy or laser surgery in early glottic carcinoma: a systematic review. Head Neck. 2012;34:1179-89 pubmed publisher..Agreement on functional outcome measures is necessary to allow comparison of treatments and resection types. Multicenter studies should be encouraged to guarantee adequate subject numbers. ..
- Dargin T, Delaunay A, Searl J. Semioccluded Vocal Tract Exercises: Changes in Laryngeal and Pharyngeal Activity During Stroboscopy. J Voice. 2016;30:377.e1-9 pubmed publisher..This is a prospective case-series study. Transnasal stroboscopy was performed while four singers performed three SOVTs (straw phonation, lip trill, and tongue trill) to ..
- Wang C, Lai M, Liao L, Lo W, Cheng P. Transnasal endoscopic steroid injection: a practical and effective alternative treatment for benign vocal fold disorders. Laryngoscope. 2013;123:1464-8 pubmed publisher..Treatment outcomes showed significant subjective and objective improvements that were comparable to the results of other injection procedures reported in the literature. 4. ..
- Nam I, Bae J, Shim M, Hwang Y, Kim M, Sun D. The importance of preoperative laryngeal examination before thyroidectomy and the usefulness of a voice questionnaire in screening. World J Surg. 2012;36:303-9 pubmed publisher..The "thyroidectomy-related voice questionnaire" is a simple and effective screening tool to detect preexisting laryngeal disorders that can affect the quality of voice. ..
- Verikas A, Uloza V, Bacauskiene M, Gelzinis A, Kelertas E. Advances in laryngeal imaging. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;266:1509-20 pubmed publisher..Various techniques, such as videostroboscopy, videokymography, digital kymography, or ultrasonography are available and are used in research and clinical practice. This paper reviews recent advances in imaging for laryngeal diagnostics. ..
- Kendall K. High-speed digital imaging of the larynx: recent advances. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;20:466-71 pubmed publisher..Recent advances in HSDI technology have increased the clinical usefulness of the imaging technology and recent studies demonstrate the clinical applicability of HSDI. However, challenges to widespread clinical use of HSDI remain. ..
- Weissbrod P, Inglis A, Merati A. The ram sign: detecting previously undiagnosed congenital laryngeal clefts in adults. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2012;121:533-8 pubmed..Although rare, laryngeal clefts may represent an underdiagnosed entity in the adult population. With increased awareness, they may be identified more frequently as a treatable cause of aspiration and recurrent pneumonia. ..
- Oh H, Kim H, Shin B, Lee K, Yeo M, Song W. Interaction of crk with Myosin-1c participates in fibronectin-induced cell spreading. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:778-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the v-Crk-myosin-1c interaction, which modulates membrane dynamics by regulating Rac1 activity, is crucial for cell adhesion and spreading. ..
- Kluch W, Olszewski J. [Videolaryngostroboscopic examination of treatment effects in patients with chronic hyperthrophic larynges]. Otolaryngol Pol. 2008;62:680-5 pubmed publisher..In stroboscopy a correct marginal shift and occlusion of the glottis were noticed in each case after eliminating lesion like ..
- Krantz J. Did I really see that? The complex relationship between the visual stimulus and visual perception. J Voice. 2008;22:520-32 pubmed..The article concludes with some observations and recommendations to improve the ability to use imaging systems in the diagnosis of laryngeal pathology. ..
- Xu W, Han D, Hou L, Zhang L, Zhao G. Value of laryngeal electromyography in diagnosis of vocal fold immobility. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2007;116:576-81 pubmed..The decreased recruitment activities on LEMG and the decreased evoked LEMG signals with longer latency and lower amplitude reflect the severity of neuropathic laryngeal injury. ..
- Rosen C, Thekdi A. Vocal fold augmentation with injectable calcium hydroxylapatite: short-term results. J Voice. 2004;18:387-91 pubmed..Long-term studies are needed to confirm the durability of these findings. ..
- Hirano S, Tateya I, Kishimoto Y, Kanemaru S, Ito J. Clinical trial of regeneration of aged vocal folds with growth factor therapy. Laryngoscope. 2012;122:327-31 pubmed publisher..No allergic or long-term adverse effects were noted. This clinical trial suggests that bFGF may be effective and safe as a regenerative agent for aged vocal folds. ..
- Chau H, Desai K, Georgalas C, Harries M. Variability in nomenclature of benign laryngeal pathology based on video laryngoscopy with and without stroboscopy. Clin Otolaryngol. 2005;30:424-7 pubmed..in the nomenclature of benign laryngeal pathology based on evaluation of video-endoscopies with and without stroboscopy. Eight video clips of benign laryngeal conditions were viewed by 35 non-voice specialist ENT surgeons...
- Chernobel sky S. [The physiological changes in the larynx of the opera singers]. Vestn Otorinolaringol. 2015;80:38-40 pubmed publisher..However, simultaneous stroboscopy and the acoustic test failed to reveal any abnormalities in these singers...
- Galletti B, Freni F, Cammaroto G, Catalano N, Gangemi G, Galletti F. Vocal outcome after CO2 laser cordectomy performed on patients affected by early glottic carcinoma. J Voice. 2012;26:801-5 pubmed publisher..Individual compliance could strongly influence vocal outcome in these patients. ..
- Mehta D, Zeitels S, Burns J, Friedman A, Deliyski D, Hillman R. High-speed videoendoscopic analysis of relationships between cepstral-based acoustic measures and voice production mechanisms in patients undergoing phonomicrosurgery. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2012;121:341-7 pubmed..The CPM seems to integrate information about aperiodicity in vocal fold vibration, the relative speed of glottal closure, and estimates of glottal noise generation. ..
- Wiskirska Woźnica B, Obrebowski A, Swidziński P, Wojnowski W, Wojciechowska A. [Effect of smoking on phonation]. Przegl Lek. 2004;61:1068-70 pubmed..The most important finding in acoustic voice analysis was abnormal parameter describing vFo--Fundamental Frequency Variation and lower comparing to normal voices fundamental frequency. ..
- Benson B, Sulica L, Guss J, Blitzer A. Laryngeal neuropathy of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease: further observations and novel mutations associated with vocal fold paresis. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:291-6 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing does not currently inform expectations or management of laryngeal disease. Dyspnea, dysphagia, and OSA symptoms in patients with CMT require careful laryngologic evaluation. ..
- Kunduk M, Yan Y, McWhorter A, Bless D. Investigation of voice initiation and voice offset characteristics with high-speed digital imaging. Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2006;31:139-44 pubmed..5 ms to reach the 90% mark. Also, the older subject took a greater number of frames for the vocal fold vibration to come to a complete stop than the younger subject during the VOP; 275 frames and 150 frames respectively. ..
- Parra J, Lopes da Silva F, Stroink H, Kalitzin S. Is colour modulation an independent factor in human visual photosensitivity?. Brain. 2007;130:1679-89 pubmed..Our results suggest that the prescription of spectacles with coloured lenses, tailored to the patient, can be an effective preventative measure against visually induced seizures. ..
- Kawaida M, Fukuda H, Kohno N. Electronic videoendoscopic laryngostroboscopy. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2004;66:267-74 pubmed..However, the system used was successfully connected to a laryngostroboscope. EVLS appears to be a powerful new tool for the diagnosis of dysphonia. ..
- ..Moreover, the available literature predominantly focuses on specific diagnoses rather than on hoarseness as a whole, so scant published data exist to support an evidence-based approach. Nevertheless, certain unifying principles exist. ..
- Guimaraes I, Abberton E. Health and voice quality in smokers: an exploratory investigation. Logoped Phoniatr Vocol. 2005;30:185-91 pubmed
- Barkmeier Kraemer J, Lato A, Wiley K. Development of a speech treatment program for a client with essential vocal tremor. Semin Speech Lang. 2011;32:43-57 pubmed publisher..The outcomes of this case example motivated consideration of speech treatment as a beneficial strategy for some individuals with vocal tremor. ..
- Mehta D, Deliyski D, Zeitels S, Quatieri T, Hillman R. Voice production mechanisms following phonosurgical treatment of early glottic cancer. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010;119:1-9 pubmed..The use of simultaneous, time-synchronized HSV and acoustic recordings can provide new insights into postoperative voice production mechanisms that cannot be obtained with stroboscopic assessment. ..
- Palmer D, Dietsch A, Searl J. Endoscopic and stroboscopic presentation of the larynx in male-to-female transsexual persons. J Voice. 2012;26:117-26 pubmed publisher..Indications of vocal hyperfunction were present for all participants either by self-report or on the laryngeal examination. ..
- Nam I, Bae J, Chae B, Shim M, Hwang Y, Sun D. Therapeutic approach to patients with a lower-pitched voice after thyroidectomy. World J Surg. 2013;37:1940-50 pubmed publisher..Video-stroboscopy, acoustic and perceptual analysis, and subjective analysis using a questionnaire were performed before and ..
- Smith L, Sataloff R. Hemorrhage, varicosity, and cysts in a professional singer. Ear Nose Throat J. 2006;85:302 pubmed
- Zacharias S, Weinrich B, Brehm S, Kelchner L, DELIYSKI D, Tabangin M, et al. Assessment of Vibratory Characteristics in Children Following Airway Reconstruction Using Flexible and Rigid Endoscopy and Stroboscopy. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015;141:882-7 pubmed..Feasibility of flexible and rigid endoscopy has been reported; however, the clinical utility of stroboscopy has not been examined...
- Nuttall A, Fridberger A. Instrumentation for studies of cochlear mechanics: from von Békésy forward. Hear Res. 2012;293:3-11 pubmed publisher..Some of the seminal findings and the controversies of cochlear mechanics are mentioned in relation to the technical developments. ..
- Gokcan M, Kurtuluş D, Ustuner E, Ozyürek E, Kesici G, Erdem S, et al. A computational study on the characteristics of airflow in bilateral abductor vocal fold immobility. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:1808-18 pubmed publisher..Patients have considerable differences in their flow patterns and force distributions during respiration. Patient-specific models may help in evaluation and treatment planning. ..
- Gamboa J, Echeverria L, Molina B, Cobeta I. [Stroboscopic assessment of chronic laryngitis]. Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp. 2006;57:266-9 pubmed..The probability of finding severe dysplasia or carcinoma is significantly greater when we find absence of mucosal wave. The presence of mucosal wave does not exclude the possibility of malignant lesion of the vocal fold. ..
- Singh A, Kazi R, Venkitaraman R, Kapoor K, Nutting C, Clarke P, et al. Does flexible videostroboscopy compare with rigid videostroboscopy in the assessment of the neoglottis? A preliminary report. Clin Otolaryngol. 2008;33:60-3 pubmed publisherTo evaluate rigid and flexible stroboscopy of the neoglottis. Prospective pilot study set at a tertiary level Head & Neck Unit. Twenty-four patients recruited...
- Szkiełkowska A, Miaśkiewicz B, Remacle M, Skarzynski H. [Quality of voice after implantation of hyaluronic acid to the vocal folds - preliminary report]. Otolaryngol Pol. 2011;65:436-42 pubmed publisher..This method is a simply, effective and quickly to improve of voice disorders. ..
- Tartaglione A, Spadavecchia L, Maculotti M, Bandini F. Resting state in Alzheimer's disease: a concurrent analysis of Flash-Visual Evoked Potentials and quantitative EEG. BMC Neurol. 2012;12:145 pubmed publisher..F-VEP can be viewed as a reliable marker of such impairment. ..
- Mendelsohn A, Sung M, Berke G, Chhetri D. Strobokymographic and videostroboscopic analysis of vocal fold motion in unilateral superior laryngeal nerve paralysis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2007;116:85-91 pubmed..Although not uniformly seen in all cases, this vocal fold motion appears to be unique to SLNp. ..