Genomes and Genes
Summary: Imaging of a ventricle of the heart after the injection of a radioactive contrast medium. The technique is less invasive than cardiac catheterization and is used to assess ventricular function.
- Sasso F, Carbonara O, Cozzolino D, Rambaldi P, Mansi L, Torella D, et al. Effects of insulin-glucose infusion on left ventricular function at rest and during dynamic exercise in healthy subjects and noninsulin dependent diabetic patients: a radionuclide ventriculographic study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;36:219-26 pubmed..B) infusions on systolic and diastolic functions at rest and during dynamic exercise were examined by radionuclide ventriculography. Twenty-two noninsulin-dependent diabetic patients and 22 gender, age and body mass index matched ..
- Heiba S, Jacobson A, Shattuc S, Ferreira M, Sharma P, Cerqueira M. The additive values of left ventricular function and extent of myocardium at risk to dipyridamole perfusion imaging for optimal risk stratification prior to vascular surgery. Nucl Med Commun. 1999;20:887-94 pubmed..A total of 101 patients were studied with dipyridamole MPI and radionuclide ventriculography before surgery...
- Delfino M, Gemma D, Calcagno S, Sardella G. Complete systolic obliteration of the left ventricle due to an apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a totally asymptomatic patient. Rom J Intern Med. 2013;51:119-22 pubmed..Our patient incredibly never had cardiac symptoms and was always in a good health state, so only thanks to the association of Ventriculography to the Coronary angiography we were able to reach this unusual diagnosis. ..
- Furber A, Pezard P, Geslin P, Le Jeune J, Jallet P, Tadei A. [Value of radionuclide ventriculography and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1993;86:1351-8 pubmed..diagnosis value of two non-invasive techniques little used in this indication until now was examined: radionuclide ventriculography (RV) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Strizhakov L, Kozlovskaia N, Pasha S, Shakhnova E, Miroshnichenko N, Meteleva N. [Clinical significance of myocardial lesion in antiphospholipid syndrome]. Klin Med (Mosk). 2006;84:56-9 pubmed..Revealing of myocardial changes by means of MS makes it possible to start timely anticoagulative therapy, which significantly improves prognosis and life quality. ..
- Sanz J, Conroy J, Narula J. Imaging of the right ventricle. Cardiol Clin. 2012;30:189-203 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review the current state of RV imaging. ..
- Takagi M, Aihara N, Kuribayashi S, Taguchi A, Shimizu W, Kurita T, et al. Localized right ventricular morphological abnormalities detected by electron-beam computed tomography represent arrhythmogenic substrates in patients with the Brugada syndrome. Eur Heart J. 2001;22:1032-41 pubmed..These morphological abnormalities may be related to arrhythmogenic substrates in patients with the Brugada syndrome. ..
- Oliver R, Fleming J, Dawkins K, Waller D. Normal right ventricular systolic and diastolic function assessed by krypton-81m equilibrium ventriculography. Int J Card Imaging. 1993;9:257-64 pubmed..Using the imaging technique, movement artifact during exercise reduces image quality and limits accurate measurement of these indices to resting studies. ..
- Tse H, Yu C, Wong K, Tsang V, Leung Y, Ho W, et al. Functional abnormalities in patients with permanent right ventricular pacing: the effect of sites of electrical stimulation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002;40:1451-8 pubmed..All patients underwent dipyridamole thallium myocardial scintigraphy and radionuclide ventriculography at 6 and 18 months after pacemaker implantation...
- Karkos C, Hill J, Thomson GJL -, Hughes R, Mukhopadhyay U, Umughele O, et al. Impact of radionuclide ventriculography prior to elective abdominal aortic reconstruction. Nucl Med Commun. 2000;21:1021-7 pubmedWe evaluated how preoperative radionuclide ventriculography (RNV) influences the clinical management of 96 patients referred for elective infrarenal abdominal aortic surgery...
- De Bondt P, Vandenberghe S, De Mey S, Segers P, De Winter O, De Sutter J, et al. Validation of planar and tomographic radionuclide ventriculography by a dynamic ventricular phantom. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:771-7 pubmedAlthough there is increasing interest in the automatic processing of tomographic radionuclide ventriculography (TRV) studies, validation is mainly limited to a comparison of TRV results with data from planar radionuclide ventriculography ..
- Bustani H, Colavolpe C, Imbert Joscht I, Havlik P, Pisano P, Guillet B. Chocolate intake associated with failed labeling of (99m)Tc red blood cells. J Nucl Med Technol. 2009;37:107-10 pubmed publisher..Red blood cells (RBC) labeled in vivo with (99m)Tc-pertechnetate are used worldwide in nuclear medicine departments...
- Didangelos T, Arsos G, Karamitsos D, Athyros V, Karatzas N. Left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in normotensive type 1 diabetic patients with or without autonomic neuropathy: a radionuclide ventriculography study. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1955-60 pubmed..by autonomic nervous function (ANF) tests, and LV systolic and diastolic functions were assessed by radionuclide ventriculography at rest...
- Høilund Carlsen P, Gadsbøll N, Hein E, Stage P, Badsberg J, Jensen B. Assessment of left ventricular systolic function by the chest x-ray: comparison with radionuclide ventriculography. J Card Fail. 2005;11:299-305 pubmed..Accuracy never exceeded 70%. Our findings question the value of the chest roentgenogram in the detection and grading of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients with recent myocardial infarction. ..
- Meune C, Allanore Y, Pascal O, Devaux J, Dessault O, Duboc D, et al. Myocardial contractility is early affected in systemic sclerosis: a tissue Doppler echocardiography study. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2005;6:351-7 pubmed..7 cm-1 and 11 reduced diastolic SR<3.5 cm-1. Frequent abnormal myocardial perfusion is confirmed in SSc patients. Reduced contractility is also frequent as detected by TDE, despite normal radionuclide LVEF. ..
- Li X, Yan C, Yao G, Zhang M, Li J, Zhang Y. Value of left ventricular regional ejection fraction determined by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography in diagnosis of aneurysm: compared with left ventriculography. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:2981-4 pubmed..9% and 76.0% for ECG, 92.9% and 87.5% for 2-DE, and 88.9% and 100.0% for RT-3DE. RT-3DE-derived EFR provides a novel, reliable index in the diagnosis of LV aneurysm and has excellent sensitivity and specificity. ..
- Vigneron M, Ninet J, Bernard Y, Nony P, Beaune J, Champsaur G. [Abnormal origin of the left coronary artery in the adult. Scintigraphic and surgical correlations]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1991;84:113-6 pubmed..Resting and stress myocardial scintigraphy and radionuclide ventriculography were performed before and after surgery in both cases...
- Kumar R, Gupta R, Khullar S, Dasan B, Malhotra A. Thyroid hemangioma: a case report with a review of the literature. Clin Nucl Med. 2000;25:769-71 pubmed..found serendipitously to have increased blood-pool uptake in the right lobe of the thyroid during a radionuclide ventriculography study for left ventricular function...
- Ragosta M, Pagley P, DiMarco J, Beller G. Relation between myocardial viability and abnormalities on the signal-averaged electrocardiogram in patients with low (<40%) ejection fraction and coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 2000;85:405-10 pubmed..005). Thus, patients with low ejection fraction, coronary disease, and viable myocardium have a lower frequency of late potentials, suggesting reduced susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmia. ..
- Rezaian G, Emad A. Mitral valve prolapse in patients with pure rheumatic mitral stenosis: an angiographic study. Angiology. 2001;52:267-71 pubmed..This phenomenon was independent of the patients' age, sex, hemodynamic findings, and/or their underlying cardiac rhythm, thus implying the direct role of rheumatic mitral stenosis in the genesis of secondary mitral valve prolapse. ..
- Shimizu M, Takahashi H, Fukatsu Y, Tatsumi K, Shima T, Miwa Y, et al. [Reversible left ventricular dysfunction manifesting as hyperkinesis of the basal and the apical areas with akinesis of the mid portion: a case report]. J Cardiol. 2003;41:285-90 pubmed..The present case may be an atypical form of tako-tsubo-like left ventricular dysfunction in which the left ventricular contraction is symmetric with both hyperkinetic and akinetic areas. ..
- Abidov A, Hachamovitch R, Berman D. Modern nuclear cardiac imaging in diagnosis and clinical management of patients with left ventricular dysfunction. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2004;52:505-19 pubmed..A risk-benefit approach to MPS results is proposed, with principal focus on identifying patients at risk for major cardiac events who may benefit from myocardial revascularization. ..
- Williams S, Fihn S, Gibbons R. Guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: diagnosis and risk stratification. Ann Intern Med. 2001;135:530-47 pubmed..Patients with an estimated annual mortality rate less than 1% can begin to receive medical therapy. ..
- Douard H. [How to and why evaluate the ischemic risk after myocardial infarction?]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1992;85:1655-62 pubmed..the large scale indications of which remain to be validated. ..
- Telkova I, Krylov A, Gol tsov S, Soldatenko M, Tepliakov A, Karpov R. [Hyperinsulinemia in patients with microvascular coronary artery lesion as a possible diagnostic criterion of coronary heart disease]. Klin Med (Mosk). 2005;83:43-7 pubmed..Hyperinsulinemia, manifesting when ischemia is induced, is not caused by insulinresistence. Probably, it presents and adaptive and compensatory reaction to increase of myocardial glucose requirement, and may be one of early CHD markers. ..
- Girod J, Messerli A, Zidar F, Tang W, Brener S. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Tako-tsubo--like transient left ventricular dysfunction. Circulation. 2003;107:e120-1 pubmed
- Atalar E, Acil T, Aytemir K, Ozer N, Ovunc K, Aksoyek S, et al. Acute anterior myocardial infarction following a mild nonpenetrating chest trauma--a case report. Angiology. 2001;52:279-82 pubmed..The authors report a rare case of anterior myocardial infarction in a 22-year-old man following a mild nonpenetrating chest trauma whose left chest was elbowed during a soccer game. ..
- Larsen I, Weydahl H, Traasdahl E, Sundset R. [Nuclear medicine examination in heart failure patients]. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2009;129:21-5 pubmed publisher..Phase analysis of radionuclide ventriculography gives information about pattern of ventricular contraction and may detect dyssynchrony...
- Strauer B, Brehm M, Zeus T, Köstering M, Hernandez A, Sorg R, et al. Repair of infarcted myocardium by autologous intracoronary mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation in humans. Circulation. 2002;106:1913-8 pubmed..0+/-1.1 to 4.0+/-2.6 cm/s, P=0.028). Further cardiac examinations (dobutamine stress echocardiography, radionuclide ventriculography, and catheterization of the right heart) were performed for the cell therapy group and showed ..
- Kosuge M, Kimura K, Ishikawa T, Endo T, Shimizu M, Hongo Y, et al. Early peak creatine kinase activity is not always a marker of successful reperfusion with myocardial salvage in patients with reperfused anterior acute myocardial infarction. Am Heart J. 2001;141:759-64 pubmed..01). We conclude that compared with early peak CK, late peak CK consistently reflects good myocardial salvage in patients with anterior AMI who had successful reperfusion within 6 hours from symptom onset. ..
- Furushima H, Chinushi M, Iijima K, Sanada A, Izumi D, Hosaka Y, et al. Ventricular tachyarrhythmia associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: incidence, prognosis, and relation to type of hypertrophy. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010;21:991-9 pubmed publisher..Electrical storm was more common in patients with ST elevation in precordial leads V4-V6. ..
- Ohkuma H, Tanaka M, Kondoh I, Suzuki S. Role of 123I-IMP SPET in the early diagnosis of borderline chronic hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage. Eur J Nucl Med. 2000;27:559-65 pubmed
- Sicari R, Varga A, Picano E, Borges A, Gimelli A, Marzullo P. Comparison of combination of dipyridamole and dobutamine during echocardiography with thallium scintigraphy with thallium scintigraphy to improve viability detection. Am J Cardiol. 1999;83:6-10 pubmed..The specificity of all forms of pharmacologic stress echo is better than thallium-201. ..
- Brandão J, Miziara A, Figueiredo G, Lima Filho M, Ayres Neto E, Marin Neto J. [Post-extrasystolic potentiation in chronic Chagas' heart disease. A radiologic contrast ventriculography study]. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2005;84:376-80 pubmed..Additional studies for clarifying the underlying mechanisms are required. ..
- Malhotra R, Dhakal B, Eisman A, Pappagianopoulos P, Dress A, Weiner R, et al. Pulmonary Vascular Distensibility Predicts Pulmonary Hypertension Severity, Exercise Capacity, and Survival in Heart Failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..n=30) underwent cardiopulmonary exercise testing with invasive hemodynamic monitoring and first-pass radionuclide ventriculography. PV distensibility was derived from 1257 matched measurements (mean±SD, 8.3±2...
- Canbaz F, Basoglu T, Yapici O, Aygul S, Yazici M. Myocardial perfusion defects with near-to-absent count reduction: a comparison of gated SPECT to radionuclide ventriculography in the determination of left ventricular function. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2006;22:231-41 pubmed..size on gated perfusion SPECT (GPS) determined ejection fraction (EF) measurements in comparison to radionuclide ventriculography (RVG)...
- Wacker A, Lersch C, Scherpinski U, Reindl L, Seyfarth M. High incidence of angina pectoris in patients treated with 5-fluorouracil. A planned surveillance study with 102 patients. Oncology. 2003;65:108-12 pubmed..102 consecutive and unselected patients were monitored with 12-lead ECG, echocardiography and radionuclide ventriculography prior to the first cycle of 5-FU chemotherapy and 3 months from baseline...
- Strike P, Steptoe A. Systematic review of mental stress-induced myocardial ischaemia. Eur Heart J. 2003;24:690-703 pubmed
- Romero Farina G, Candell Riera J, Pereztol Valdés O, Castell J, Aguade S, Galve E, et al. [Myocardial perfusion SPECT and isotopic ventriculography in obstructive and non-obstructive hypertrophic myocardiopathy]. Rev Esp Med Nucl. 2001;20:530-6 pubmedTo evaluate the role of myocardial perfusion SPET and radionuclide ventriculography in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HC)...
- Nousiainen T, Vanninen E, Jantunen E, Puustinen J, Remes J, Rantala A, et al. Comparison of echocardiography and radionuclide ventriculography in the follow-up of left ventricular systolic function in adult lymphoma patients during doxorubicin therapy. J Intern Med. 2001;249:297-303 pubmedTo compare echocardiography (ECHO) and radionuclide ventriculography (RVG) in the monitoring of left ventricular systolic function during doxorubicin therapy in adult lymphoma patients. Prospective study. University hospital...
- Malafronte C, Farina A, Tempesta A, Lobiati E, Galbiati R, Cantù E, et al. Tako-tsubo: a transitory impairment of microcirculation? A case report. Ital Heart J. 2005;6:933-8 pubmed..In the absence of epicardial coronary obstruction this could be due to a transient microcircle dysfunction, and may be attributed to a spasm followed by impaired vasodilation capability. ..
- Bohdiewicz P. Single photon emission computed tomography radionuclide ventriculography in the noninvasive diagnosis and evaluation of a false left ventricular aneurysm (pseudoaneurysm). Clin Nucl Med. 2003;28:821-6 pubmed..was diagnosed in a 77-year-old male by single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) radionuclide ventriculography (RNV)...
- Prasad S, Pennell D. Measurement of left ventricular volume after anterior myocardial infarction: comparison of magnetic resonance imaging, echo and radionuclide ventriculography. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2002;18:387-90 pubmed
- Kalaria V, Mendelsohn A, Peterson J, Ling F. Double-chambered right ventricle in an adult patient. J Invasive Cardiol. 2001;13:111-3 pubmed..During the procedure, the patient was diagnosed with a double-chambered right ventricle (DCRV). Most DCRV cases are diagnosed at a young age; presentation in an adult is extremely rare. ..
- Brabham W, Lewis G, Bonnema D, Nielsen C, O Brien T. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in a patient with previously undiagnosed hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with obstruction. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2011;12:70.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The potential pathophysiologic correlations are discussed. ..
- Falkensammer G, Lechleitner P, Hammerer Lercher A, Theurl A, Puschendorf B, Mair J. B-type natriuretic peptide and N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide are related to systolic and diastolic left ventricular function assessed by radionuclide ventriculography. Int J Cardiol. 2005;105:340-1 pubmed
- Shamim W, Francis D, Yousufuddin M, Varney S, Pieopli M, Anker S, et al. Intraventricular conduction delay: a prognostic marker in chronic heart failure. Int J Cardiol. 1999;70:171-8 pubmed..We have found that IVCD is an important ECG predictor of prognosis in patients with CHF. ..
- Li C, Lossnitzer D, Katus H, Buss S. Comparison of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction by monoplane cineventriculography, unenhanced echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012;28:1003-10 pubmed publisher..Although not interchangeable, RAO monoplane cineventriculography, unenhanced two-dimensional echocardiography, and cardiac MRI are reliable tools in clinical routine for the assessment of LV volumes and function. ..
- Halvorsen S, Muller C, Bendz B, Eritsland J, Brekke M, Mangschau A. Left ventricular function and infarct size 20 months after primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction. Scand Cardiovasc J. 2001;35:379-84 pubmed..Global left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) was determined by radionuclide ventriculography before discharge, after 6 weeks and after a mean follow-up time of 20 months...
- Ramahi T, Longo M, Cadariu A, Rohlfs K, Carolan S, Engle K, et al. Left ventricular inotropic reserve and right ventricular function predict increase of left ventricular ejection fraction after beta-blocker therapy in nonischemic cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;37:818-24 pubmed..at rest and after a 10-min intravenous infusion of dobutamine at 10 microg/kg/min, using equilibrium radionuclide ventriculography. Age was 49 +/- 11 years, 33% women, functional class 2.6 +/- 0.5, duration of chronic heart failure 3...
- Logeart D, Gueffet J, Rouzet F, Pousset F, Chavelas C, Solal A, et al. Heart rate per se impacts cardiac function in patients with systolic heart failure and pacing: a pilot study. Eur J Heart Fail. 2009;11:53-7 pubmed publisher..p.m. At the end of each period, patients were examined and radionuclide ventriculography, echocardiography, and blood sampling were performed for centralized and blinded analysis...
- Di Mario C, Iavernaro A, Cucchini F. Acute effects of gallopamil on left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in patients with ischaemic heart disease. Eur Heart J. 1991;12:1006-11 pubmed..The observed improvement of early relaxation seems to be a potentially beneficial effect of gallopamil in patients with coronary artery disease. ..