Genomes and Genes
Summary: The use of light interaction (scattering, absorption, and fluorescence) with biological tissue to obtain morphologically based information. It includes measuring inherent tissue optical properties such as scattering, absorption, and autofluorescence; or optical properties of exogenous targeted fluorescent molecular probes such as those used in optical MOLECULAR IMAGING, or nontargeted optical CONTRAST AGENTS.
- Maeda A, Kulbatski I, Dacosta R. Emerging Applications for Optically Enabled Intravital Microscopic Imaging in Radiobiology. Mol Imaging. 2015;14:452-74 pubmed..We also comment on the potential influence that these newer imaging techniques may have on the clinical translation of new preclinical radiobiology discoveries. ..
- Tseng J, Narayanan N, Ho G, Groves K, Delaney J, Bao B, et al. Fluorescence imaging of bombesin and transferrin receptor expression is comparable to 18F-FDG PET in early detection of sorafenib-induced changes in tumor metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182689 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that metabolic FLI has potential preclinical application as an additional method for detecting drug-induced metabolic changes in tumors. ..
- Makino H, Ren C, Liu H, Kim A, Kondapaneni N, Liu X, et al. Transformation of Cortex-wide Emergent Properties during Motor Learning. Neuron. 2017;94:880-890.e8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal newly emergent properties of macroscopic cortical dynamics during motor learning and highlight the importance of M2 in controlling learned movements. ..
- KrstajiÄ‡ N, Poland S, Levitt J, Walker R, Erdogan A, Ameer Beg S, et al. 0.5 billion events per second time correlated single photon counting using CMOS SPAD arrays. Opt Lett. 2015;40:4305-8 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the fastest direct TCSPC transfer from a single photon counting device to the computer to date. ..
- Leproux A, Durkin A, Compton M, Cerussi A, Gratton E, Tromberg B. Assessing tumor contrast in radiographically dense breast tissue using Diffuse Optical Spectroscopic Imaging (DOSI). Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R89 pubmed..These preliminary results suggest that DOSI spectral characterization strategies may provide new information content that could help imaging breast tumors in radiographically dense tissue and in particular in the areolar complex. ..
- Quang T, Kim H, Bao F, Papay F, Edwards W, Liu Y. Fluorescence Imaging Topography Scanning System for intraoperative multimodal imaging. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174928 pubmed publisher..The PET/CT/optical multimodal images were co-registered and conveniently presented to users to guide surgeries. Our results show that the developed system can facilitate multimodal intraoperative imaging. ..
- Bale G, Elwell C, Tachtsidis I. From Jöbsis to the present day: a review of clinical near-infrared spectroscopy measurements of cerebral cytochrome-c-oxidase. J Biomed Opt. 2016;21:091307 pubmed publisher..We discuss methodologies for obtaining NIRS measurements of CCO in the clinic and review studies in neonates and adults. ..
- Pikula J, Amelon S, Bandouchova H, Bartonicka T, Berkova H, Brichta J, et al. White-nose syndrome pathology grading in Nearctic and Palearctic bats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180435 pubmed publisher..The proposed semi-quantitative pathology score provided good agreement between experienced raters, showing it to be a powerful and widely applicable tool for defining WNS severity. ..
- van der Poel H, van den Berg N, KleinJan G, van Leeuwen F. Reply from authors re: Francesco Montorsi, Giorgio Gandaglia. Sentinel node biopsy for prostate cancer: a useless surgical exercise? Eur urol 2014;66:999-1000: Removing nodes that count rather than counting nodes that don't. Eur Urol. 2014;66:1000-1 pubmed publisher
- Zaldo C, Serrano M, Han X, Cascales C, Cantero M, Montoliu L, et al. Efficient up-conversion in Yb:Er:NaT(XO4)2 thermal nanoprobes. Imaging of their distribution in a perfused mouse. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177596 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence lifetime and multiphoton imaging microscopies show that these nanoparticles can be efficiently distributed to all body organs of a perfused mouse. ..
- Rauber S, Luber M, Weber S, Maul L, Soare A, Wohlfahrt T, et al. Resolution of inflammation by interleukin-9-producing type 2 innate lymphoid cells. Nat Med. 2017;23:938-944 pubmed publisher..Hence, fostering IL-9-mediated ILC2 activation may offer a novel therapeutic approach inducing resolution of inflammation rather than suppression of inflammatory responses. ..
- Rathbun C, Prescher J. Bioluminescent Probes for Imaging Biology beyond the Culture Dish. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5178-5184 pubmed publisher..This perspective piece highlights recent successes in bioluminescent probe development and their applications to imaging in live cells, tissues, and animals...
- Steinzeig A, Molotkov D, Castren E. Chronic imaging through "transparent skull" in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181788 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the TS preparation could become a useful method for long-term visualization of the living mouse brain. ..
- Chen T, Li N, Daie K, Svoboda K. A Map of Anticipatory Activity in Mouse Motor Cortex. Neuron. 2017;94:866-879.e4 pubmed publisher..Cortical area was more predictive of neuronal selectivity than laminar location or axonal projection target. Motor cortex therefore represents sensory, motor, and outcome information in a spatially organized manner. ..
- Schäfer V, Hartung W, Hoffstetter P, Berger J, Stroszczynski C, Müller M, et al. Quantitative assessment of synovitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis using fluorescence optical imaging. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R124 pubmedTo prospectively evaluate quantitative assessment of fluorescence optical imaging (FOI) for differentiation of synovitic from non-synovitic joints in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Dailey M, Eyo U, Fuller L, Hass J, Kurpius D. Imaging microglia in brain slices and slice cultures. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2013;2013:1142-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the approach is useful for dissecting the molecular basis of MG behaviors and testing whether candidate reagents alter MG behavior and function in semi-intact central nervous system tissue preparations. ..
- Oikonomou C, Jensen G. Cellular Electron Cryotomography: Toward Structural Biology In Situ. Annu Rev Biochem. 2017;86:873-896 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the integration of ECT with other techniques, including lower-resolution fluorescence imaging and higher-resolution atomic structure determination, to cover the full scale of cellular processes. ..
- Shindou H, Koso H, Sasaki J, Nakanishi H, Sagara H, Nakagawa K, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid preserves visual function by maintaining correct disc morphology in retinal photoreceptor cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12054-12064 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides the reason why DHA is required for visual acuity and may help inform approaches for overcoming retinal disorders associated with DHA deficiency or dysfunction. ..
- Damisah E, Hill R, Tong L, Murray K, Grutzendler J. A fluoro-Nissl dye identifies pericytes as distinct vascular mural cells during in vivo brain imaging. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1023-1032 pubmed publisher..fluorescent Nissl dye NeuroTrace 500/525 labels brain pericytes with specificity, allowing high-resolution optical imaging in the live mouse...
- Yogo T, Umezawa K, Kamiya M, Hino R, Urano Y. Development of an Activatable Fluorescent Probe for Prostate Cancer Imaging. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2069-2076 pubmed publisher..In addition, the probe enabled rapid imaging (within 1-10 min) of small prostate cancer nodules in mouse models of disseminated peritoneal tumor and orthotopic tumor...
- DeLong J, Murakami T, Yazaki P, Hoffman R, Bouvet M. Near-infrared-conjugated humanized anti-carcinoembryonic antigen antibody targets colon cancer in an orthotopic nude-mouse model. J Surg Res. 2017;218:139-143 pubmed publisher..To further develop such technology, we selected humanized anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) conjugated to a near-infrared dye to target orthotopically-implanted human colon cancer in nude mice...
- Greenstein V, Nunez J, Lee W, Schuerch K, Fortune B, Tsang S, et al. A Comparison of En Face Optical Coherence Tomography and Fundus Autofluorescence in Stargardt Disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5227-5236 pubmed publisher..The spatial locations of hyperreflective flecks on the en face preRPE(OS) slab image corresponded to those on the SW-AF images. Wide-field en face OCT imaging has the potential to be a clinically useful tool for the management of STGD1. ..
- Samtleben S, Jaepel J, Fecher C, Andreska T, Rehberg M, Blum R. Direct imaging of ER calcium with targeted-esterase induced dye loading (TED). J Vis Exp. 2013;:e50317 pubmed publisher..Finally, the change in fluorescent intensity over time is determined by calculation of ?F/F0. ..
- Pluta S, Lyall E, Telian G, Ryapolova Webb E, Adesnik H. Surround Integration Organizes a Spatial Map during Active Sensation. Neuron. 2017;94:1220-1233.e5 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate how spatial summation over a moving sensor array is critical to generating population codes of sensory space. ..
- Ritler D, Rufener R, Sager H, Bouvier J, Hemphill A, Lundström Stadelmann B. Development of a movement-based in vitro screening assay for the identification of new anti-cestodal compounds. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005618 pubmed publisher..Thus, MMV665807 represents an interesting lead for further evaluation. ..
- Kirschman J, Bhosle S, Vanover D, Blanchard E, Loomis K, Zurla C, et al. Characterizing exogenous mRNA delivery, trafficking, cytoplasmic release and RNA-protein correlations at the level of single cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e113 pubmed publisher..Overall, we demonstrate the ability to study fundamental mechanisms necessary to optimize delivery and therapeutic strategies, in order to design the next generation of novel mRNA therapeutics and vaccines. ..
- Warner K, Sjekloća L, Song W, Filonov G, Jaffrey S, Ferré D Amaré A. A homodimer interface without base pairs in an RNA mimic of red fluorescent protein. Nat Chem Biol. 2017;13:1195-1201 pubmed publisher..Such variants would be analogous to Split GFP, and may be useful for analyzing RNA co-expression or association, or for designing self-assembling RNA nanostructures. ..
- Mayorca Guiliani A, Madsen C, Cox T, Horton E, Venning F, Erler J. ISDoT: in situ decellularization of tissues for high-resolution imaging and proteomic analysis of native extracellular matrix. Nat Med. 2017;23:890-898 pubmed publisher..The ISDoT procedure allows for the study of native ECM structure under normal and pathological conditions in unprecedented detail...
- Kwon S, Janssen C, Velasquez F, Sevick Muraca E. Fluorescence imaging of lymphatic outflow of cerebrospinal fluid in mice. J Immunol Methods. 2017;449:37-43 pubmed publisher..NIRFI could be used as a tool to probe CSF pathology including neurological disorders by imaging CSF outflow dynamics to lymphatics. ..
- Montalvão F, Garcia Z, Celli S, Breart B, Deguine J, Van Rooijen N, et al. The mechanism of anti-CD20-mediated B cell depletion revealed by intravital imaging. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:5098-103 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Ab-dependent cellular phagocytosis by KCs as a primary mechanism of anti-CD20 therapy and provide an experimental framework for optimizing the efficacy of therapeutic Abs. ..
- Ellison C, Kowbel D, Glass N, Taylor J, Brem R. Discovering functions of unannotated genes from a transcriptome survey of wild fungal isolates. MBio. 2014;5:e01046-13 pubmed publisher..Our strategy is straightforward, inexpensive, and applicable for predicting gene function in many fungal species. ..
- Stein Merlob A, Hara T, McCarthy J, Mauskapf A, Hamilton J, Ntziachristos V, et al. Atheroma Susceptible to Thrombosis Exhibit Impaired Endothelial Permeability In Vivo as Assessed by Nanoparticle-Based Fluorescence Molecular Imaging. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Plaques that exhibit impaired in vivo endothelial permeability in cell-rich areas are susceptible to subsequent thrombosis. Molecular imaging of nanoparticle deposition may help to identify biologically high-risk atheroma. ..
- Rosholm K, Leijnse N, Mantsiou A, Tkach V, Pedersen S, Wirth V, et al. Membrane curvature regulates ligand-specific membrane sorting of GPCRs in living cells. Nat Chem Biol. 2017;13:724-729 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that this curvature-dependent biomechanical coupling mechanism contributes to the sorting, trafficking and function of transmembrane proteins in general. ..
- Baker W, Parthasarathy A, Gannon K, Kavuri V, Busch D, Abramson K, et al. Noninvasive optical monitoring of critical closing pressure and arteriole compliance in human subjects. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2017;37:2691-2705 pubmed publisher..The measurements provide evidence that DCS signals originate predominantly from arteriole blood flow and are well suited for long-term continuous monitoring of CrCP and assessment of arteriole compliance in the clinic...
- Chen H, Yuan H, Cho H, Feng Y, Ngoy S, Kumar A, et al. Theranostic Nucleic Acid Binding Nanoprobe Exerts Anti-inflammatory and Cytoprotective Effects in Ischemic Injury. Theranostics. 2017;7:814-825 pubmed publisher..Dex-TO could be of significant diagnostic and therapeutic (theranostic) utility in a broad range of conditions including ischemia, trauma, burns, sepsis and autoimmune disease. ..
- Bone R, Mukherjee A. Innovative Troxler-free measurement of macular pigment and lens density with correction of the former for the aging lens. J Biomed Opt. 2013;18:107003 pubmed publisher..The study showed that, without the correction, MPOD would show an apparent age-related decline in a population for whom there was no real age dependence. ..
- Korzyńska A, Roszkowiak L, Pijanowska D, Kozlowski W, Markiewicz T. The influence of the microscope lamp filament colour temperature on the process of digital images of histological slides acquisition standardization. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9 Suppl 1:S13 pubmed publisher..So the process of the image unification in a sense of colour fidelity can be solved in separate introductory stage before the automatic image analysis. ..
- Liang X, Holy T, Taghert P. A Series of Suppressive Signals within the Drosophila Circadian Neural Circuit Generates Sequential Daily Outputs. Neuron. 2017;94:1173-1189.e4 pubmed publisher..Thus, light and neuropeptides act dynamically at distinct hubs of the circuit to produce multiple suppressive events that create the proper tempo and sequence of circadian pacemaker neuronal activities. ..
- Koide M, Matsuo A, Shimoo S, Takamatsu K, Kyodo A, Tsuji Y, et al. Cholesterol crystal depth in coronary atherosclerotic plaques: A novel index of plaque vulnerability using optical frequency domain imaging. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180303 pubmed publisher..CC depth, a novel OFDI-derived parameter, could be potentially used as an alternative means of evaluating plaque vulnerability in coronary arteries. ..
- Htun N, Chen Y, Lim B, Schiller T, Maghzal G, Huang A, et al. Near-infrared autofluorescence induced by intraplaque hemorrhage and heme degradation as marker for high-risk atherosclerotic plaques. Nat Commun. 2017;8:75 pubmed publisher..Here Htun et al. demonstrate that vulnerable atherosclerotic plaques generate near-infrared autofluorescence that can be detected via emission computed tomography. ..
- Hjuler C, Maolanon N, Sauer J, Stougaard J, Thygesen M, Jensen K. Preparation of glycoconjugates from unprotected carbohydrates for protein-binding studies. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:2411-2422 pubmed publisher..This protocol starts from unprotected carbohydrates and provides glycoconjugates in milligram amounts in just 2 d. ..
- Eaton C, Sayeed M, Ameernaz S, Roberts M, Maynard J, Driban J, et al. Sex differences in the association of skin advanced glycation endproducts with knee osteoarthritis progression. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:36 pubmed publisher..This study provides preliminary evidence that sAGEs independent of age and BMI, are associated with knee JSN in men but not in women. ..
- Huang C, Lan W, Wang F, Zhang C, Liu X, Chen Q. AAV-iRFP labelling of human mesenchymal stem cells for near-infrared fluorescence imaging. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our technique provides a visualizable, convenient and sensitive platform for research on tracking the fate of transplanted MSC cells in vivo. ..
- Baez E, Shah S, Felipe D, Maynard J, Lefevre S, Chalew S. Skin advanced glycation endproducts are elevated at onset of type 1 diabetes in youth. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015;28:133-7 pubmed publisher..Further study will be needed to determine whether early accumulation of sAGEs is associated with higher risk for development and progression of complications. ..
- de Luca E, Ravasenga T, Petrini E, Polenghi A, Nieus T, Guazzi S, et al. Inter-Synaptic Lateral Diffusion of GABAA Receptors Shapes Inhibitory Synaptic Currents. Neuron. 2017;95:63-69.e5 pubmed publisher..Glutamatergic activity limits this inter-synaptic diffusion by trapping GABAARs at excitatory synapses. This novel form of activity-dependent hetero-synaptic interplay is likely to modulate dendritic synaptic signaling. ..
- Jin B, Lin M, Zong Y, Wan M, Xu F, Duan Z, et al. Microbubble embedded with upconversion nanoparticles as a bimodal contrast agent for fluorescence and ultrasound imaging. Nanotechnology. 2015;26:345601 pubmed..The developed bimodal contrast agent holds great potential to be applied in ultrasound target technique for targeted diseases diagnostics and therapy. ..
- Zhang G, Liu F, Pu H, He W, Luo J, Bai J. A direct method with structural priors for imaging pharmacokinetic parameters in dynamic fluorescence molecular tomography. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2014;61:986-90 pubmed publisher..The results of numerical simulations and in vivo mouse experiments demonstrate that the proposed method leads to significant improvements in the image quality. ..
- Mellis I, Gupte R, Raj A, Rouhanifard S. Visualizing adenosine-to-inosine RNA editing in single mammalian cells. Nat Methods. 2017;14:801-804 pubmed publisher..Further, NUP43 exhibits constant editing levels between single cells, while GRIA2 editing levels vary...
- Bentz B, Chavan A, Lin D, Tsai E, Webb K. Fabrication and application of heterogeneous printed mouse phantoms for whole animal optical imaging. Appl Opt. 2016;55:280-7 pubmed publisherThis work demonstrates the usefulness of 3D printing for optical imaging applications. Progress in developing optical imaging for biomedical applications requires customizable and often complex objects for testing and evaluation...
- Thakrar R, Pennycuick A, Borg E, Janes S. Preinvasive disease of the airway. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;58:77-90 pubmed publisher..In this paper we describe the known biology and natural history of preinvasive lesions and review the current treatment strategies. ..
- Xue K, Oldani M, Jolly J, Edwards T, Groppe M, Downes S, et al. Correlation of Optical Coherence Tomography and Autofluorescence in the Outer Retina and Choroid of Patients With Choroideremia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:3674-84 pubmed publisher..gov, NCT01461213). ..
- Ambrus R, Achiam M, Secher N, Svendsen M, Rünitz K, Siemsen M, et al. Evaluation of Gastric Microcirculation by Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging During Esophagectomy. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:395-402 pubmed publisher..Flow changes in the stomach seemed related more to surgery than to TEA/vasopressor support. Laser speckle contrast imaging could form basis for directing procedures to maintain the microcirculation. ..
- Manfredi M, Abu Dayyeh B, Bhat Y, Chauhan S, Gottlieb K, Hwang J, et al. Electronic chromoendoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc. 2015;81:249-61 pubmed publisher..Further validated training tools for NBI, FICE, and i-SCAN will also be required for the use of these techniques to become widespread. ..
- Papouin T, Dunphy J, Tolman M, Dineley K, Haydon P. Septal Cholinergic Neuromodulation Tunes the Astrocyte-Dependent Gating of Hippocampal NMDA Receptors to Wakefulness. Neuron. 2017;94:840-854.e7 pubmed publisher..Indeed, bypassing cholinergic activity with a clinically tested ?7nAChR agonist successfully enhances NMDAR activation. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Patwardhan S, Richter C, Vogt A, Blume Peytavi U, Canfield D, Kottner J. Measuring acne using Coproporphyrin III, Protoporphyrin IX, and lesion-specific inflammation: an exploratory study. Arch Dermatol Res. 2017;309:159-167 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these measurements may be more sensitive and specific in evaluating treatment effects and early signs of acne lesion progression compared to investigators' lesion counts. ..
- Buzalewicz I, Hołowacz I, Ulatowska Jarza A, Podbielska H. Towards dosimetry for photodynamic diagnosis with the low-level dose of photosensitizer. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:333-343 pubmed publisher..Practical effectiveness of the PDD strongly depends on irradiation source parameters (bandwidth, maximum intensity, half-width) and their optimization is the main conditioning factor for low-level intensity and low-cost PDD. ..
- Wang W, Zhu Y, Chen X. Selective Imaging of Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Microbiotas in the Mouse Gut. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3889-3893 pubmed publisher..This chemical method should be broadly applicable to different gut microbiota research fields and other bacterial communities studied in microbiology...
- Walsh A, Cook R, Skala M. Functional Optical Imaging of Primary Human Tumor Organoids: Development of a Personalized Drug Screen. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1367-1372 pubmed publisher..b>Optical imaging is uniquely suited to assess organoid function and behavior because of its subcellular resolution, ..
- Wegner K, Keikhosravi A, Eliceiri K, Vezina C. Fluorescence of Picrosirius Red Multiplexed With Immunohistochemistry for the Quantitative Assessment of Collagen in Tissue Sections. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:479-490 pubmed publisher..Our fluorescent PSR imaging method is sensitive, reproducible, and offers a new way to guide region of interest selection for quantifying collagen in tissue sections. ..
- Kulkarni R, Miller E. Voltage Imaging: Pitfalls and Potential. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5171-5177 pubmed publisher..We compare the requirements of fluorescent voltage indicators to those for more canonical Ca2+ sensing as a way to illuminate the particular challenges associated with voltage imaging. ..
- Birtel J, Gliem M, Mangold E, Tebbe L, Spier I, MÃ¼ller P, et al. Novel Insights Into the Phenotypical Spectrum of KIF11-Associated Retinopathy, Including a New Form of Retinal Ciliopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3950-3959 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of head circumference may be considered as a potential shortcut to the genetic diagnosis. The localization of Kif11 in photoreceptor cells indicates a retinal ciliopathy. ..
- Wen L, Zheng Z, Liu A, Lv C, Zhang L, Ao J, et al. Tracking single baculovirus retrograde transportation in host cell via quantum dot-labeling of virus internal component. J Nanobiotechnology. 2017;15:37 pubmed publisher..Thus the whole retrograde transportation of baculovirus in live host cells was elucidated at the single-virus level for the first time. ..
- Lin L, Liang X, Xu Y, Yang Y, Li X, Dai Z. Doxorubicin and Indocyanine Green Loaded Hybrid Bicelles for Fluorescence Imaging Guided Synergetic Chemo/Photothermal Therapy. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2410-2419 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DOX/ICG@HBs can act as a powerful nanotheranostic agent for chemo/photothermal therapy of cancer under the guidance of near-infrared fluorescence imaging...
- García González D, Khodosevich K, Watanabe Y, Rollenhagen A, Lübke J, Monyer H. Serotonergic Projections Govern Postnatal Neuroblast Migration. Neuron. 2017;94:534-549.e9 pubmed publisher..We speculate that serotonergic modulation of postnatally generated neuroblast migration is evolutionarily conserved as indicated by the presence of serotonergic axons in migratory paths in other vertebrates. ..
- Satouh Y, Nozawa K, Yamagata K, Fujimoto T, Ikawa M. Viable offspring after imaging of Ca2+ oscillations and visualization of the cortical reaction in mouse eggs. Biol Reprod. 2017;96:563-575 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the usefulness of genetically encoded Ca 2+ indicators for optical imaging (GECOs), in combination with spinning-disk confocal imaging...
- Hoffman A, Manner H, Rey J, Kiesslich R. A guide to multimodal endoscopy imaging for gastrointestinal malignancy - an early indicator. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;14:421-434 pubmed publisher..Insights into use of multimodal endoscopic imaging for early disease detection, in particular for pre-malignant lesions, in the oesophagus, stomach and colon are described. ..
- Zaleska Zmijewska A, Wawrzyniak Z, Ulinska M, Szaflik J, Dabrowska A, Szaflik J. Human photoreceptor cone density measured with adaptive optics technology (rtx1 device) in healthy eyes: Standardization of measurements. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7300 pubmed publisher..In our study, the optimal sampling window was 100?×?100??m. ..
- Lu H, Lim T, Javitt S, Heinmiller A, Prud homme R. Assembly of Macrocycle Dye Derivatives into Particles for Fluorescence and Photoacoustic Applications. ACS Comb Sci. 2017;19:397-406 pubmed publisherb>Optical imaging is a rapidly progressing medical technique that can benefit from the development of new and improved optical imaging agents suitable for use in vivo...
- Chen L, Jiang M, Zhang B, Gokce O, SÃ¼dhof T. Conditional Deletion of All Neurexins Defines Diversity of Essential Synaptic Organizer Functions for Neurexins. Neuron. 2017;94:611-625.e4 pubmed publisher..Thus, neurexins function primarily as context-dependent specifiers of synapses. ..
- Yoo Y, Na K, Kim D, Yang S, Joo C. Morphological evaluation for diagnosis of dry eye related to meibomian gland dysfunction. Exp Eye Res. 2017;163:72-77 pubmed publisher..This review describes diagnostic tools, especially in terms of morphological evaluation of the acini, which are visualized by the existence of lipid within them. ..
- Cuculis L, Schroeder C. A Single-Molecule View of Genome Editing Proteins: Biophysical Mechanisms for TALEs and CRISPR/Cas9. Annu Rev Chem Biomol Eng. 2017;8:577-597 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the DNA search and recognition process for TALEs and Cas9 that have been revealed by recent single-molecule experiments. ..
- BÃ¶ni C, Thorne J, Spaide R, Ostheimer T, Sarraf D, Levinson R, et al. Fundus Autofluorescence Findings in Eyes With Birdshot Chorioretinitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4015-4025 pubmed publisher..89, P = 0.003, respectively). In this large cohort, various FAF abnormalities were found, indicating that disorders of the retinal pigment epithelium are features of BSCR. Abnormal FAF is a marker of visual dysfunction in the disease. ..