Genomes and Genes
positron emission tomography computed tomography
Summary: An imaging technique that combines a POSITRON-EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY (PET) scanner and a CT X RAY scanner. This establishes a precise anatomic localization in the same session.
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Mattila J, Beaino W, Maiello P, Coleman M, White A, Scanga C, et al. Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Macaques with Tuberculosis Identifies Temporal Changes in Granuloma Glucose Metabolism and Integrin ?4?1-Expressing Immune Cells. J Immunol. 2017;199:806-815 pubmed publisher..These results indicate [64Cu]-LLP2A is a PET probe for VLA-4, which when used in conjunction with [18F]-FDG, may be a useful tool for understanding granuloma biology in TB. ..
- Harmon S, Perk T, Lin C, Eickhoff J, Choyke P, Dahut W, et al. Quantitative Assessment of Early [18F]Sodium Fluoride Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Response to Treatment in Men With Metastatic Prostate Cancer to Bone. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2829-2837 pubmed publisher..Total functional burden assessed after three cycles of hormonal therapy or chemotherapy was predictive of PFS for men with mCRPC. This supports ongoing development of NaF PET/CT-based imaging biomarkers in mCRPC to bone. ..
- Pelletier Galarneau M, Martineau P, Zuckier L, Pham X, Lambert R, Turpin S. 18F-FDG-PET/CT Imaging of Thoracic and Extrathoracic Tuberculosis in Children. Semin Nucl Med. 2017;47:304-318 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of FDG-PET/CT in the especially challenging pediatric population will be the focus of this review. ..
- Candy N, Young A, Allinson K, Carr O, McMillen J, Trivedi R. Metastatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of Unknown Origin Arising in the Femoral Nerve Sheath. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:1047.e1-1047.e6 pubmed publisher..We recommend that there is a definite role for surgery in the management of solitary neuroendocrine carcinoma of unknown origin. ..
- Nguyen T, Hess S, Petersen H, Alavi A, Høilund Carlsen P. Can semiquantitative measurements of SUVmax and cut-off values differentiate colorectal malignant from benign lessions?. Hell J Nucl Med. 2017;20:113-121 pubmed publisher..While integrated measures, e.g. cTLG, are potentially better indicators of disease severity and extent, more optimal segmentation and PVC methods are required. ..
- Ohyama K, Matsumoto Y, Amamizu H, Uzuka H, Nishimiya K, Morosawa S, et al. Association of Coronary Perivascular Adipose Tissue Inflammation and Drug-Eluting Stent-Induced Coronary Hyperconstricting Responses in Pigs: 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography Imaging Study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1757-1764 pubmed publisher
- O Doherty J, Jauregui Osoro M, Brothwood T, Szyszko T, Marsden P, O Doherty M, et al. 18F-Tetrafluoroborate, a PET Probe for Imaging Sodium/Iodide Symporter Expression: Whole-Body Biodistribution, Safety, and Radiation Dosimetry in Thyroid Cancer Patients. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1666-1671 pubmed publisher..Phase 2 trials for 18F-TFB as an hNIS imaging agent are warranted. ..
- Sandberg D, Tolmachev V, Velikyan I, Olofsson H, Wennborg A, Feldwisch J, et al. Intra-image referencing for simplified assessment of HER2-expression in breast cancer metastases using the Affibody molecule ABY-025 with PET and SPECT. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1337-1346 pubmed publisher..Tracer binding to shed HER2 in serum might affect quantification in the extreme case. ..
- Tang B, Zhang Y, Zhou J, Xu Y, Li T, Ding C. [The relationship between (18)F-FDG PET/CT metabolic parameters and clinicopathological features of breast cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2017;39:280-285 pubmed publisher..SUVmax of metastatic lymph node was positively associated with metabolic parameters of primary lesion and clinical stage...
- Ghaly G, Rahouma M, Kamel M, Nasar A, Harrison S, Nguyen A, et al. Clinical Predictors of Nodal Metastases in Peripherally Clinical T1a N0 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1153-1158 pubmed publisher..Further diagnostic procedures, such as endobronchial ultrasound, may be required, especially if wedge resection or stereotactic body radiation therapy are being considered. ..
- Kong F, Ten Haken R, Schipper M, Frey K, Hayman J, Gross M, et al. Effect of Midtreatment PET/CT-Adapted Radiation Therapy With Concurrent Chemotherapy in Patients With Locally Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Phase 2 Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1358-1365 pubmed publisher..The RTOG 1106 trial is an ongoing clinical trial to validate this finding in a randomized fashion. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01190527. ..
- Garibaldi C, Ronchi S, Cremonesi M, Gilardi L, Travaini L, Ferrari M, et al. Interim 18F-FDG PET/CT During Chemoradiation Therapy in the Management of Head and Neck Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:555-573 pubmed publisher..The best time to assess tumor response during radiation therapy remains a matter of debate, although 2Â weeks seems most favorable, still providing the opportunity to adapt the treatment strategy. ..
- Yoon H, Kim B, Lee K, Moon C, Yoo J, Kim J, et al. Glucose metabolism of visceral adipose tissue measured by 18F-FDG PET/CT is related to the presence of colonic adenoma. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7156 pubmed publisher..009 and P? = ?.045). Lower glucose metabolism of visceral adipose tissue was related to the presence of CRA. Our findings identify the value of visceral metabolic dysfunction as a potential surrogate marker of elevated risk for CRA. ..
- Winther Larsen A, Demuth C, Fledelius J, Madsen A, Hjorthaug K, Meldgaard P, et al. Correlation between circulating mutant DNA and metabolic tumour burden in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:704-709 pubmed publisher..Level of mutated cfDNA tends to correlate with MTB in advanced-stage NSCLC patients. Patients with detectable mutant DNA in plasma had an inferior survival, indicating that this could be an important predictor of survival. ..
- Miyabe J, Hanamoto A, Tatsumi M, Hamasaki T, Takenaka Y, Nakahara S, et al. Metabolic tumor volume of primary tumor predicts survival better than T classification in the larynx preservation approach. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2030-2038 pubmed publisher..10), respectively. ICC was 0.99 (95% CI, 0.99-1.00). Given the excellent interobserver reliability, T-MTV is better than T classification to identify patients who would benefit from the larynx preservation approach. ..
- Kim J, Seo S, Kim H, Kim D, Lee H, Kang K, et al. Comparative evaluation of the algorithms for parametric mapping of the novel myocardial PET imaging agent 18F-FPTP. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:469-479 pubmed publisher..These two methods will be useful for quantitative evaluation of 18F-FPTP distribution in myocardium and in further studies with different conditions, disease models, and species. ..
- Bitencourt A, Gama R, Graziano L, Negrão E, Sabino S, Watanabe A, et al. Breast metastases from extramammary malignancies: multimodality imaging aspects. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170197 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the most common imaging features can help to provide the correct diagnosis and adequate therapeutic planning. ..
- Cho J, Ow T, Lee A, Smith R, Schlecht N, Schiff B, et al. Preoperative 18F-FDG-PET/CT vs Contrast-Enhanced CT to Identify Regional Nodal Metastasis among Patients with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;157:439-447 pubmed publisher..CECT was found to have superior specificity compared with PET/CT. The information gleaned from each modality in the pretreatment evaluation of HNSCC appears to be complementary...
- Yang S, Chiou Y, Zhang G, Chou K, Huang T. The clinical outcome correlations between radiation dose and pretreatment metabolic tumor volume for radiotherapy in head and neck cancer: A retrospective analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7186 pubmed publisher..The homogeneity of target dose in the tumor is a potential indicator of DSF and PRFS in patients with head and neck cancer who underwent radiotherapy. ..
- Zhang R, Li L, Li X, Chu Y, Wu J, Gao Y. Primary cardiac angiosarcoma: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7352 pubmed publisher..Primary cardiac angiosarcoma is rare, but it is the most aggressive type of cardiac malignant tumor. When disease is confirmed it is often late in its stage resulting in a poor prognosis...
- Hulshoff J, Mul V, de Boer H, Noordzij W, Korteweg T, van Dullemen H, et al. Impact of Endoscopic Ultrasonography on 18F-FDG-PET/CT Upfront Towards Patient Specific Esophageal Cancer Treatment. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:1828-1834 pubmed publisher..0%) nCRT patients. EUS had an impact on the given treatment in approximately 29%. In most patients, the magnitude of EUS found expression in the extent of radiotherapy target volume delineation to upper/high mediastinal lymph nodes. ..
- Kurtz J, Beasley G, Agnese D, Kendra K, Olencki T, Terando A, et al. Surveillance strategies in the follow-up of melanoma patients: too much or not enough?. J Surg Res. 2017;214:32-37 pubmed publisher..Detection of melanoma recurrence is important and specific substage should be used to stratify risk and define appropriate follow-up. ..
- Lin C, Chen W, Lin J, Tien P, Tsai Y. Endogenous endophthalmitis caused by Cryptococcus neoformans Var. Gattii mimicking choroidal tumor: From positron-emission tomography/computed tomography to histopathology. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:526-528 pubmed publisher..The key to successful management lies in early diagnosis. If clinical improvement could not be achieved after conventional management and imaging studies have failed to yield a definite diagnosis, retinal biopsy can be considered. ..
- Shu X, Xu X, Peng Q, Lu X, Ma L, Mi N, et al. Diagnostic value of PET/CT for giant cell arteritis combined with pulmonary embolism presenting: Case report and literature review. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7651 pubmed publisher..Our case and the review highlight the value of PET/CT in diagnosing GCA combined with PE, suggesting that PET/CT is the preferred diagnostic tool for atypical patients presenting with fever or muscle pain. ..
- Oda Y, Aishima S, Shindo K, Fujino M, Mizuuchi Y, Hattori M, et al. SLC2A1/GLUT1 expression in mural nodules of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas. Hum Pathol. 2017;65:71-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SLC2A1/GLUT1 is expressed late in the adenoma-carcinoma sequence during carcinogenesis in IPMN, and SLC2A1/GLUT1 act as therapeutic target for malignant IPMN. ..
- Domachevsky L, Bernstine H, Goldberg N, Nidam M, Stern D, Sosna J, et al. Early 68GA-PSMA PET/MRI acquisition: assessment of lesion detectability and PET metrics in patients with prostate cancer undergoing same-day late PET/CT. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:944-950 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, LOA are far beyond the clinically acceptable range, and therefore, PET/CT and early PET/MRI metrics cannot be used interchangeably. ..
- Jang J, Pak K, Yi K, Ki Y, Kim W, Kim H, et al. Differential Prognostic Value of Metabolic Heterogeneity of Primary Tumor and Metastatic Lymph Nodes in Patients with Pharyngeal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5899-5905 pubmed..We aimed to explore the prognostic value of metabolic heterogeneity of 18F-FDG uptake in chemoradiotherapy-treated pharyngeal cancer patients...
- Toriihara A, Nakajima R, Arai A, Nakadate M, Abe K, Kubota K, et al. Pathogenesis and FDG-PET/CT findings of Epstein-Barr virus-related lymphoid neoplasms. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:425-436 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also present a review of other EBV-related diseases, such as infectious mononucleosis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma. ..
- Ishibashi M, Tanabe Y, Fujii S, Ogawa T. Pictorial review of 18F-FDG PET/CT findings in musculoskeletal lesions. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:437-453 pubmed publisher..Although musculoskeletal tumors show various uptakes of 18F-FDG on PET/CT, its addition to morphological imaging modalities such as CT and MRI is useful for the characterization and differentiation of musculoskeletal lesions. ..
- Elswick S, Sharaf B, Hammoudeh Z, Saeed A, Edell E, Midthun D, et al. Endobronchial-Guided Vascularized Tissue Flaps for a Bronchopleural Fistula. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e1-e3 pubmed publisher..His postoperative course was complicated by empyema and a bronchopleural fistula. Because of difficulty accessing the fistula, endobronchial-guided vascularized tissue flaps were successfully used to close the fistula. ..
- Emamifar A, Hess S, Gerke O, Hermann A, Laustrup H, Hansen P, et al. Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis-three challenges-consequences of the vasculitis process, osteoporosis, and malignancy: A prospective cohort study protocol. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7297 pubmed publisher..nr 16/40522). Results of the study will be disseminated via publications in peer-reviewed journals, and presentation at national and international conferences. ..
- Garganese G, Collarino A, Fragomeni S, Rufini V, Perotti G, Gentileschi S, et al. Groin sentinel node biopsy and 18F-FDG PET/CT-supported preoperative lymph node assessment in cN0 patients with vulvar cancer currently unfit for minimally invasive inguinal surgery: The GroSNaPET study. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1776-1783 pubmed publisher..PET/CT allows a reliable assessment of LN status and may be an effective support for the selection of patients who are safe candidates for SNB. ..
- Barrington S, Johnson P. 18F-FDG PET/CT in Lymphoma: Has Imaging-Directed Personalized Medicine Become a Reality?. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1539-1544 pubmed publisher..More recently, PET has been reported to be a reliable predictor of outcome in follicular lymphoma requiring treatment, and prospective trials to test PET-guided therapy in this disease are anticipated. ..
- Smith A, Hall P, Hulme C, Dunn J, McConkey C, Rahman J, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of PET-CT-guided management for locally advanced head and neck cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2017;85:6-14 pubmed publisher..This analysis indicates that PET-CT-guided management is cost-effective in the long-term and supports the case for wide-scale adoption. ..
- Kelly J, Amor Coarasa A, Nikolopoulou A, Wüstemann T, Barelli P, Kim D, et al. Dual-Target Binding Ligands with Modulated Pharmacokinetics for Endoradiotherapy of Prostate Cancer. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1442-1449 pubmed publisher..Using iodine/radioiodine as a surrogate for the radiohalogen 211At, we therefore propose dual-target binding ligands such as RPS-027 as next-generation radiopharmaceuticals for targeted ?-therapy using 211At. ..
- Hillen T, Talbert R, Friedman M, Long J, Jennings J, Wessell D, et al. Biopsy of CT-Occult Bone Lesions Using Anatomic Landmarks for CT Guidance. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:214-221 pubmed publisher..Biopsy of CT-occult lesions using anatomic landmarks achieves diagnostic yields similar to those for CT-guided biopsy of CT-evident lesions. ..
- Park S, Ha S, Kwon H, Kim W, Kim T, Oh D, et al. Prospective Evaluation of Changes in Tumor Size and Tumor Metabolism in Patients with Advanced Gastric Cancer Undergoing Chemotherapy: Association and Clinical Implication. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:899-904 pubmed publisher..Considering both changes in metabolism and size could help predict a more accurate prognosis for AGC patients undergoing chemotherapy. ..
- Choi B, Young H, Quan Y, Rho J, Eo J, Han K, et al. Real-time computed tomography fluoroscopy-guided solitary lung tumor model in a rabbit. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179220 pubmed publisher..Real-time computed tomography fluoroscopy-guided inoculation of VX2 single-cell suspensions with lipiodol and Matrigel using a small needle is an easy and safe method to establish solitary lung tumors in rabbits. ..
- Bhattarai A, Nakajima T, Sapkota S, Arisaka Y, Tokue A, Yonemoto Y, et al. Diagnostic value of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake parameters to differentiate rheumatoid arthritis from other types of arthritis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7130 pubmed publisher..92), with sensitivity and specificity of 88.9% and 76.4%, respectively.Quantitative PET parameters could differentiate RA from non-RA. Total VS score, however, appears to be the best convenient qualitative tool for diagnosing RA. ..
- Rouchota M, Georgiou M, Fysikopoulos E, Fragogeorgi E, Mikropoulos K, Papadimitroulas P, et al. A prototype PET/SPECT/X-rays scanner dedicated for whole body small animal studies. Hell J Nucl Med. 2017;20:146-153 pubmed publisher..It is fully open, scalable and its main purpose is to support groups on a national and regional level and provide an open technological platform to study different detector components and acquisition strategies. ..
- Franzese C, Lopci E, Di Brina L, D Agostino G, Navarria P, Mancosu P, et al. 11C-Choline-Pet Guided Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Lymph Node Metastases in Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:586-593 pubmed publisher..aim is outcome of 11C-Choline-PET guided SBRT on lymph node metastases...
- Shirakawa Y, Noma K, Maeda N, Tanabe S, Kuroda S, Kagawa S, et al. Outcome of Radiation Monotherapy for High-risk Patients with Stage I Esophageal Cancer. Acta Med Okayama. 2017;71:127-133 pubmed publisher..In the future, to broaden the indications for RT monotherapy to include some degree of advanced cancers, a novel concurrent therapy should be identified. ..
- Nakajima R, Kimura K, Abe K, Sakai S. 11C-methionine PET/CT findings in benign brain disease. Jpn J Radiol. 2017;35:279-288 pubmed publisher..Benign uptake must be identified to prevent misdiagnosis and unnecessary surgical operations. ..
- Rehák Z, Sprlakova Pukova A, Kazda T, Fojtik Z, Vargova L, Nemec P. 18F-FDG PET/CT in polymyalgia rheumatica-a pictorial review. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170198 pubmed publisher..It is possible to observe a decrease or even a disappearance of 18F-FDG uptake after effective therapy, an event which may be useful for the monitoring of treatment as well as for detection of PMR relapse. ..
- Chardin D, Nivaggioni G, Viau P, Butori C, Padovani B, Grangeaon C, et al. False positive 18FDG PET-CT results due to exogenous lipoid pneumonia secondary to oily drug inhalation: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6889 pubmed publisher..It is possible that if a source of exogenous lipoid pneumonia had been found beforehand, surgery could have been prevented. ..
- Van Der Gucht A, Abulizi M, Blanc Durand P, Aoun Sebaiti M, Emsen B, Gherardi R, et al. Predictive value of brain 18F-FDG PET/CT in macrophagic myofasciitis?: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8134 pubmed publisher..This case highlights the predictive value of brain F-FDG PET/CT as a noninvasive imaging tool for MMF diagnosis, even when muscle biopsy result comes back negative. ..
- Samim M, Prevoo W, de Wit van der Veen B, Kuhlmann K, Ruers T, van Hillegersberg R, et al. 18F-FDG PET as novel imaging biomarker for disease progression after ablation therapy in colorectal liver metastases. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1165-1175 pubmed publisher..The clinical implication of these findings might be the identification of high-risk patients who might benefit most from adjuvant or combined treatment strategies. ..
- Friedel I, Burchert W, Horstkotte D, Faber L. A Rare Case of Cardiac Melanoma Mimicking Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:950.e1-950.e3 pubmed publisher..For this reason, the primary diagnosis of HCM had to be retracted and melanoma-specific antineoplastic treatment was initiated. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Kanzaki R, Inoue M, Okumura M. Primary Solitary Fibrous Tumor of the Forearm With Frequent Late-Onset Recurrence in the Pleura. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e173-e175 pubmed publisher..Pleural metastasis was first seen 11 years after the initial operation. During a 17-year period, he underwent 5 surgical resections. He has been free of disease for 61 months since the most recent operation. ..
- Narayanan P, Sahdev A. The role of 18F-FDG PET CT in common gynaecological malignancies. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170283 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes the existing evidence base for the established clinical applications and the emerging roles for 18F-FDG PET CT in the common gynaecological malignancies...
- Kallenberg F, Bastiaansen B, Nio C, Soeters M, Boermeester M, Aalfs C, et al. Adrenal Lesions in Patients With (Attenuated) Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and MUTYH-Associated Polyposis. Dis Colon Rectum. 2017;60:1057-1064 pubmed publisher..Adrenal lesions are frequent in patients with polyposis who undergo abdominal imaging. They appear to follow a benign and slowly progressive course and are mostly nonhyperfunctioning. See Abstract Video at http://links.lww.com/DCR/A323. ..
- Nair R, Lamb B, Geurts N, Alghazo O, Lam W, Lawrentschuk N, et al. The Role of Local Therapy for Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer: Should We Expect a Cure?. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:623-633 pubmed publisher..Cure should not be expected, although prolonged disease and treatment-free survival may be observed...
- Chen R, Li J, Zhou X, Liu J, Huang G. Fructose-1,6-Bisphosphatase 1 Reduces 18F FDG Uptake in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Radiology. 2017;284:844-853 pubmed publisher..SUVmax is higher in patients with poorly differentiated HCC than in those with well- or moderately differentiated HCC, which could be the result of lower FBP1 expression in the former. Â© RSNA, 2017. ..
- Quang T, Kim H, Bao F, Papay F, Edwards W, Liu Y. Fluorescence Imaging Topography Scanning System for intraoperative multimodal imaging. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174928 pubmed publisher..The PET/CT/optical multimodal images were co-registered and conveniently presented to users to guide surgeries. Our results show that the developed system can facilitate multimodal intraoperative imaging. ..
- Khasminsky V, Ram E, Atar E, Steinminz A, Issa N, Bachar G. Is there an association between mesenteric panniculitis and lymphoma? A case control analysis. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:844-849 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of MP among patients with NHL was found to be 1.8%, which corresponds to the range of its prevalence in the general population. This is contrary to the proposition that MP is associated with NHL. ..
- van Zandwijk N, Pavlakis N, Kao S, Linton A, Boyer M, Clarke S, et al. Safety and activity of microRNA-loaded minicells in patients with recurrent malignant pleural mesothelioma: a first-in-man, phase 1, open-label, dose-escalation study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1386-1396 pubmed publisher..Asbestos Diseases Research Foundation. ..
- Yendamuri S, Battoo A, Dy G, Chen H, Gomez J, Singh A, et al. Transcervical Extended Mediastinal Lymphadenectomy: Experience From a North American Cancer Center. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1644-1649 pubmed publisher..TEMLA is a safe procedure and superior to PET-CT for restaging of the mediastinum after neoadjuvant therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. However, this increased accuracy comes with a high postoperative pneumonia rate. ..
- Won K, Kim D, Sung D, Song B, Kim H, Song K, et al. Clinical correlation of metabolic parameters on 18F-FDG PET/CT in idiopathic frozen shoulder. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:211-217 pubmed publisher..These results imply that AR and RI lesions are related to elevational limitations and rotational limitations, respectively. ..
- Greuter M, Schouten C, Castelijns J, de Graaf P, Comans E, Hoekstra O, et al. Cost-effectiveness of response evaluation after chemoradiation in patients with advanced oropharyngeal cancer using 18F-FDG-PET-CT and/or diffusion-weighted MRI. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:256 pubmed publisher..However, if healthcare resources are limited, DW-MRI is the strategy of choice because of lower costs while still providing a large reduction in unnecessary EUA indications. ..
- Puccini B, Nassi L, Minoia C, Volpetti S, Ciancia R, Riccomagno P, et al. Role of bone marrow biopsy in staging of patients with classical Hodgkin's lymphoma undergoing positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1147-1153 pubmed publisher..Our data showed a very high negative predictive value of PET/CT for BMI and a negligible influence of BMB on treatment planning, strengthening the recent indications that BMB could be safely omitted in cHL patients staged with PET/CT. ..
- Werner R, Sheikhbahaei S, Jones K, Javadi M, Solnes L, Ross A, et al. Patterns of uptake of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-targeted 18F-DCFPyL in peripheral ganglia. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:696-702 pubmed publisher..The underlying biology that leads to variability of PSMA-targeted radiotracers in peripheral ganglia is not currently understood, but may provide opportunities for future research. ..
- Robertson L, Yeoh S, Stansby G, Agarwal R. Effect of testing for cancer on cancer- and venous thromboembolism (VTE)-related mortality and morbidity in people with unprovoked VTE. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;8:CD010837 pubmed publisher..The results could be consistent with either benefit or no benefit. Further good-quality large-scale randomised controlled trials are required before firm conclusions can be made. ..
- Gebhardt B, Gill B, Glaser S, Kim H, Houser C, Kelley J, et al. Image-guided tandem and cylinder brachytherapy as monotherapy for definitive treatment of inoperable endometrial carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:302-308 pubmed publisher..This approach also allows sparing of critical organs and ensures target coverage, which contributed to the low toxicity rate and high LRC in comparison with 2D point-based series. ..
- Coates E, Costner P, Nason M, Herrin D, Conant S, Herscovitch P, et al. Lymph Node Activation by PET/CT Following Vaccination With Licensed Vaccines for Human Papillomaviruses. Clin Nucl Med. 2017;42:329-334 pubmed publisher..Contralateral node activation was detected up to 1 month after the first vaccination in Cervarix recipients only, possibly reflecting differences in vaccine adjuvant formulation. ..
- Eyre T, Schuh A. An update for Richter syndrome - new directions and developments. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:508-520 pubmed publisher..We discuss novel agents in development with a focus on the second-generation Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor acalabrutinib, checkpoint inhibition and the potential role of precision medicine in future trials of RS. ..
- Huang Y, Feng M, He Q, Yin J, Xu P, Jiang Q, et al. Prognostic value of pretreatment 18F-FDG PET-CT for nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6721 pubmed publisher..5) of primary tumors before treatment initiation may be independent prognostic factors for NPC patients; however, SUVmax, MTV, and TLG of metastatic lymph nodes are not. ..
- Keramida G, Peters A. New exponential functions based on CT density to estimate the percentage of liver that is fat. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170186 pubmed publisher..The linear equation performed well, but the exponential equation assuming that 100% fat corresponds to -50?HU performed best. Advances in knowledge: Improved (exponential) equations to estimate hepatic fat from hepatic CTD. ..
- Donohue M, Sperling R, Petersen R, Sun C, Weiner M, Aisen P. Association Between Elevated Brain Amyloid and Subsequent Cognitive Decline Among Cognitively Normal Persons. JAMA. 2017;317:2305-2316 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to assess the clinical importance of these differences and measure longer-term associations. ..
- Chen M, Laber D. Metastatic Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma with DNA Sequencing Results and Response to Systemic Antineoplastic Chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5109-5111 pubmed..Our case increases the very limited medical knowledge of this rare disease. ..
- Einspieler I, Rauscher I, Düwel C, Krönke M, Rischpler C, Habl G, et al. Detection Efficacy of Hybrid 68Ga-PSMA Ligand PET/CT in Prostate Cancer Patients with Biochemical Recurrence After Primary Radiation Therapy Defined by Phoenix Criteria. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1081-1087 pubmed publisher..A major limitation of this study is the lack of histopathologic proof in most patients. ..
- Shinya T, Tanaka T, Soh J, Matsushita T, Sato S, Toyooka S, et al. Diagnostic Value of Dual-time-point F-18 FDG PET/CT and Chest CT for the Prediction of Thymic Epithelial Neoplasms. Acta Med Okayama. 2017;71:105-112 pubmed publisher..853. Delayed scanning could improve the diagnostic capacity for carcinoma. The T/M ratio and mediastinal fat infiltration are predictive of carcinoma with moderate diagnostic accuracy. ..
- Balbo Mussetto A, Saviolo C, Fornari A, Gottardi D, Petracchini M, Macera A, et al. Whole body MRI with qualitative and quantitative analysis of DWI for assessment of bone marrow involvement in lymphoma. Radiol Med. 2017;122:623-632 pubmed publisher..If further investigations will confirm our results on larger patient groups, it could become a useful tool in the clinical workup. ..
- Koolen B, Donker M, Straver M, van der Noordaa M, Rutgers E, Valdes Olmos R, et al. Combined PET-CT and axillary lymph node marking with radioactive iodine seeds (MARI procedure) for tailored axillary treatment in node-positive breast cancer after neoadjuvant therapy. Br J Surg. 2017;104:1188-1196 pubmed publisher..Here, the potential of tailored axillary treatment, determined by combining the results of PET-CT before NST with those of the MARI procedure after NST, was analysed...
- Chantry A, Kazmi M, Barrington S, Goh V, Mulholland N, Streetly M, et al. Guidelines for the use of imaging in the management of patients with myeloma. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:380-393 pubmed publisher..Here, we propose an evidence-based approach to the use and technical application of the latest imaging modalities at diagnosis and in the follow-up of patients with myeloma and plasmacytoma. ..
- Datta D, Yap V. A Woman in Her 50s With a Mass in One Lung and a Cavitary Lesion in the Other. Chest. 2017;152:e15-e19 pubmed publisher..She was an active smoker, with a 30 pack-year history of smoking. She denied chest pain, chronic cough, exertional dyspnea, or constitutional symptoms. ..
- Groshar D, Bernstine H, Goldberg N, Nidam M, Stein D, Abadi Korek I, et al. Reproducibility and repeatability of same-day two sequential FDG PET/MR and PET/CT. Cancer Imaging. 2017;17:11 pubmed publisher..PET/MR SUV/L peak has a clinically acceptable repeatability performance and can be used to evaluate the response to treatment. ..
- Burglin S, Hess S, Høilund Carlsen P, Gerke O. 18F-FDG PET/CT for detection of the primary tumor in adults with extracervical metastases from cancer of unknown primary: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6713 pubmed publisher..A large, prospective, preferably randomized, study on the potential benefit of using 18F-FDG PET/CT up front in CUP patients is warranted to judge if and when 18F-FDG PET/CT should be applied in these patients. ..
- Dann E, Bairey O, Bar Shalom R, Mashiach T, Barzilai E, Kornberg A, et al. Modification of initial therapy in early and advanced Hodgkin lymphoma, based on interim PET/CT is beneficial: a prospective multicentre trial of 355 patients. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:709-718 pubmed publisher..Advanced-HL patients benefit from therapy escalation following positive PET-2. EB can be safely de-escalated to ABVD in PET-2-negative patients. ..
- Frary E, Hess S, Gerke O, Laustrup H. 18F-fluoro-deoxy-glucose positron emission tomography combined with computed tomography can reliably rule-out infection and cancer in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis suspected of disease relapse. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7613 pubmed publisher..Our study showed FGD-PET/CT's promise as an effective tool for ruling out cancer or infection in patients with AAV albeit in a limited population...
- Milgrom S, Pinnix C, Chuang H, Oki Y, Akhtari M, Mawlawi O, et al. Early-stage Hodgkin lymphoma outcomes after combined modality therapy according to the post-chemotherapy 5-point score: can residual pet-positive disease be cured with radiotherapy alone?. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:488-496 pubmed publisher..Thus, a positive eoc-PET-CT is associated with inferior FFP; however, appropriately selected patients can be cured with RT alone...
- Azaïs H, Ghesquiere L, Petitnicolas C, Borghesi Y, Tresch Bruneel E, Cordoba A, et al. Pretherapeutic staging of locally advanced cervical cancer: Inframesenteric paraaortic lymphadenectomy accuracy to detect paraaortic metastases in comparison with infrarenal paraaortic lymphadenectomy. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:340-344 pubmed publisher..IM-PALND appears to be equally effective to assess paraaortic nodal involvement in LACC for both histological subtypes - glandular and squamous carcinomas - and to select patients for extended-field chemoradiation therapy. ..