Genomes and Genes
Summary: The use of combination of imaging techniques or platforms (e.g., MRI SCAN and PET SCAN) encompassing aspects of anatomical, functional, or molecular imaging methods.
- Seike T, Kagaya T, Komura T, Nakai R, Shimizu Y, Omura H, et al. A rapidly growing, large, mature retroperitoneal teratoma in an adult male patient. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2017;114:1008-1014 pubmed publisher..The rapid growth of the tumor may have been caused by an increased secretion in the cyst. ..
- Xue S, Zhang C, Yang Y, Zhang L, Cheng D, Zhang J, et al. 99mTc-Labeled Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Dual-Contrast (T1/T2) Magnetic Resonance and Dual-Modality Imaging of Tumor Angiogenesis. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2015;11:1027-37 pubmed..01). Our study demonstrated that the dual-contrast (T1/T2) magnetic resonance and dual-modal imaging probe based on ultra small superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles is very promising for the molecular imaging of tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Madder R, VanOosterhout S, Klungle D, Mulder A, Elmore M, Decker J, et al. Multimodality Intracoronary Imaging With Near-Infrared Spectroscopy and Intravascular Ultrasound in Asymptomatic Individuals With High Calcium Scores. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..This observation may have implications on coronary risk among individuals with a high CACS considering that it is coronary LRP, rather than calcification, that underlies the majority of acute coronary events. ..
- Zhu T, Das S, Wong T. Integration of PET/MR Hybrid Imaging into Radiation Therapy Treatment. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2017;25:377-430 pubmed publisher..With advances in treatment delivery and the potential of integrating PET/MR imaging with research on radiomics for radiation oncology, quantitative and physiologic information could lead to more precise and personalized RT. ..
- Monaco I, Arena F, Biffi S, Locatelli E, Bortot B, La Cava F, et al. Synthesis of Lipophilic Core-Shell Fe3O4@SiO2@Au Nanoparticles and Polymeric Entrapment into Nanomicelles: A Novel Nanosystem for in Vivo Active Targeting and Magnetic Resonance-Photoacoustic Dual Imaging. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1382-1390 pubmed publisher
- Chen Y, Ma X, Hua R. Multi-modality imaging findings of huge intrachoroidal cavitation and myopic peripapillary sinkhole. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:24 pubmed publisher..These qualitative and quantitative new findings will be beneficial for understanding its pathomorphological mechanism, and the impact on optic nerve tissue of myopic patients. ..
- Ohtsubo K, Mouri H, Yamashita K, Makino I, Tajima H, Ohta T, et al. Resection of carcinoma in situ and minimally invasive carcinoma of the pancreas in a patient presenting with stenosis and post-stenotic dilatation of the main pancreatic duct on endoscopic ultrasonography and positive serial pancreatic juice aspirati. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2017;114:700-709 pubmed publisher..Examination of the distal pancreatectomy specimen demonstrated carcinoma in situ in MPD and branches, with multiple intraepithelial neoplastic lesions in the background pancreas and an additional focus of minimally invasive carcinoma. ..
- Bucerius J, Barthel H, Tiepolt S, Werner P, Sluimer J, Wildberger J, et al. Feasibility of in vivo 18F-florbetaben PET/MR imaging of human carotid amyloid-?. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1119-1128 pubmed publisher..Male gender was identified as an independent clinical risk factor. Therefore, 18F-florbetaben PET/MRI might provide new insights into the pathophysiological process in atherosclerosis. ..
- Chen F, Chew A, Zhang D, Chen S, Chelva E, Chandrasekera E, et al. Acute progressive paravascular placoid neuroretinopathy with negative-type electroretinography in paraneoplastic retinopathy. Doc Ophthalmol. 2017;134:227-235 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the multimodal imaging and clinico-pathological correlation of a unique case of acute progressive paravascular placoid ..
- Birtel J, Gliem M, Mangold E, Tebbe L, Spier I, MÃ¼ller P, et al. Novel Insights Into the Phenotypical Spectrum of KIF11-Associated Retinopathy, Including a New Form of Retinal Ciliopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3950-3959 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of head circumference may be considered as a potential shortcut to the genetic diagnosis. The localization of Kif11 in photoreceptor cells indicates a retinal ciliopathy. ..
- Zubizarreta P, Alfaro E, Guitter M, Sanchez La Rosa C, Galluzzo M, Millan N, et al. Children and Adolescent Hodgkin Lymphoma in Argentina: Long-term Results After Combined ABVD and Restricted Radiotherapy. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2017;39:602-608 pubmed publisher..For the HR group, the combination of 6 cycles of ABVD and Low-dose involved field radiotherapy was efficacious with similar good results. Nearly half of the patients could be cured without RT. ..
- Soon J, Pibarot P, Blanke P, Ohana M, Leipsic J. Multimodality Imaging for Planning and Follow-up of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1110-1123 pubmed publisher..We review the most commonly used imaging modalities and discuss their respective strengths and contributions to optimal patient selection, procedure planning, implementation, and follow-up in TAVR. ..
- Sobirov Z, Bakhritdinov F. [Assessment of severity of lesions of arterial basins in patients with multifocal atherosclerosis]. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2017;23:136-141 pubmed
- Liu F, Zhu H, Yu J, Han X, Xie Q, Liu T, et al. 68Ga/177Lu-labeled DOTA-TATE shows similar imaging and biodistribution in neuroendocrine tumor model. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705519 pubmed publisher..sup>68Ga-DOTA-TATE and 177Lu-DOTA-TATE could accumulate in tumors in animal models, paving the way for better clinical peptide receptor radionuclide therapy for neuroendocrine tumor patients in Asian population. ..
- Summer D, Grossrubatscher L, Petrik M, Michalcikova T, Novy Z, Rangger C, et al. Developing Targeted Hybrid Imaging Probes by Chelator Scaffolding. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1722-1733 pubmed publisher..Improvements to fine-tune pharmacokinetics are needed to translate this into a clinical setting...
- Tang K, Sui L, Xu G, Zhang T, Liu Q, Liu X. Effects of Different Palliative Jaundice Reducing Methods on Immunologic Functions in Patients with Advanced Malignant Obstructive Jaundice. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4665-4670 pubmed..The level of serum endotoxin in the group undergoing palliative surgery decreased gradually. Palliative surgery for reducing jaundice is superior to PTCD and ERBD in improving immune function of patients with MOJ. ..
- Gorog D, Fayad Z, Fuster V. Arterial Thrombus Stability: Does It Matter and Can We Detect It?. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2036-2047 pubmed publisher..Such techniques may allow tailoring of pharmacotherapy to potentiate thrombus instability, through fragmentation of platelet thrombi and/or enhanced endogenous fibrinolysis, to reduce infarct size...
- Capuano V, Miere A, Querques L, Sacconi R, Carnevali A, Amoroso F, et al. Treatment-Naïve Quiescent Choroidal Neovascularization in Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Nonexudative Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:45-55 pubmed publisher..CNV) in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to nonexudative age-related macular degeneration (AMD) through multimodal imaging. Retrospective observational case series...
- Chilla S, Zemek O, Kotek J, Boutry S, Larbanoix L, Sclavons C, et al. Synthesis and characterization of monophosphinic acid DOTA derivative: A smart tool with functionalities for multimodal imaging. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4297-4303 pubmed publisher..The conjugation of Gd-DO2AGAPABn with E3 peptide known to target apoptosis was successfully performed and in vivo MRI allowed cell death detection in a mouse model. ..
- Bansal R, Basu S, Gupta A, Rao N, Invernizzi A, Kramer M. Imaging in tuberculosis-associated uveitis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:264-270 pubmed publisher..This review enumerates the conventional and emerging imaging techniques for intraocular TB and highlights their clinical application for diagnosis and management of specific clinical presentations. ..
- Papadia A, Gasparri M, Genoud S, Bernd K, Mueller M. The combination of preoperative PET/CT and sentinel lymph node biopsy in the surgical management of early-stage cervical cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:2275-2281 pubmed publisher..PET/CT represents a "safety net" that helps the surgeon in identifying metastatic lymph nodes, especially in patients with larger tumors. ..
- Schmidt A, Woedtke T, Stenzel J, Lindner T, Polei S, Vollmar B, et al. One Year Follow-Up Risk Assessment in SKH-1 Mice and Wounds Treated with an Argon Plasma Jet. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the beneficial effects of cold plasma in wound healing come without apparent side effects including tumor formation or chronic inflammation. ..
- Wu Z, Yang X, Chen L, Wang Z, Shi Y, Mao H, et al. Anti-angiogenic therapy with contrast-enhanced ultrasound in colorectal cancer patients with liver metastasis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6731 pubmed publisher..002). There were no significant differences in peak intensity and WiAUC between the 2 groups.DCE-US can be used to quantitatively evaluate the hemodynamics of liver metastasis in CRC patients who received bevacizumab-based chemotherapy. ..
- Guo J, Tang W, Ye X, Wu H, Xu G, Liu W, et al. Predictive multi-imaging biomarkers relevant for visual acuity in idiopathic macular telangiectasis type 1. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:69 pubmed publisher..associated with visual acuity (VA) in patients with idiopathic macular telangiectasia (MT) type 1 using multimodal imaging modalities...
- Kecler Pietrzyk A, Kok H, Lyburn I, Torreggiani W. Dialysis related amyloid arthropathy on ¹?FDG PET-CT. Ulster Med J. 2014;83:117-8 pubmed
- Miyashita M, Iwata T, Nakanishi H, Soh J. [Spontaneous Subcapsular Renal Hemorrhage of Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 2017;63:263-266 pubmed publisher..1%). CT is useful for diagnosis, but it is not highly accurate. Therefore, it is necessary to discuss surgical indication carefully. ..
- Ponte K, Berro D, Collet S, Constans J, Emery E, Valable S, et al. In Vivo Relationship Between Hypoxia and Angiogenesis in Human Glioblastoma: A Multimodal Imaging Study. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1574-1579 pubmed publisher..This work aimed to study hypoxia and angiogenesis, in vivo and in situ, in patients admitted with GBM using multimodal imaging. Methods: Twenty-three GBM patients were assessed by 18F-fluoromisonidazole (18..
- Hirayama R, Suzuki R, Watanabe T, Matsukawa M, Sakaguchi T, Uekihara K, et al. [Surgical Treatment for Anomalous Aortic Origin of Coronary Arteries]. Kyobu Geka. 2017;70:342-347 pubmed..Repair was accomplished by unroofing the intramural segment. All the cases were successfully treated by surgical treatment. ..
- Bhavsar K, Mukkamala L, Freund K. Multimodal imaging in a severe case of hydroxychloroquine toxicity. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2015;46:377-9 pubmed publisher..Examination and multimodal imaging showed bilateral retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) changes in a bull's-eye distribution associated with ..
- Hoffman A, Manner H, Rey J, Kiesslich R. A guide to multimodal endoscopy imaging for gastrointestinal malignancy - an early indicator. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;14:421-434 pubmed publisher..Insights into use of multimodal endoscopic imaging for early disease detection, in particular for pre-malignant lesions, in the oesophagus, stomach and colon are described. ..
- Chen Y, An H. Attenuation Correction of PET/MR Imaging. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2017;25:245-255 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review atlas and direct imaging MR-based PET attenuation correction methods. The technical principles behind these methods are detailed and the advantages and disadvantages of these methods are discussed. ..
- Lau J, Laforest R, Nensa F, Zheng J, Gropler R, Woodard P. Cardiac Applications of PET/MR Imaging. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2017;25:325-333 pubmed publisher..In this article, the authors start with a discussion of the technical challenges specific to cardiovascular PET/MR imaging followed by a discussion of the use of PET/MR imaging in various cardiovascular conditions. ..
- Liu S, Liu S, Cai W, Che H, Pujol S, Kikinis R, et al. Multimodal neuroimaging feature learning for multiclass diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2015;62:1132-40 pubmed publisher..A performance gain was achieved in both binary classification and multiclass classification of AD. The advantages and limitations of the proposed framework are discussed. ..
- Lalush D. Magnetic Resonance-Derived Improvements in PET Imaging. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2017;25:257-272 pubmed publisher..Evaluation in clinical applications is needed to determine their true impacts. ..
- Chang Y, Kemmotsu N, Leyden K, Kucukboyaci N, Iragui V, Tecoma E, et al. Multimodal imaging of language reorganization in patients with left temporal lobe epilepsy. Brain Lang. 2017;170:82-92 pubmed publisherThis study explored the relationships among multimodal imaging, clinical features, and language impairment in patients with left temporal lobe epilepsy (LTLE)...
- Jadvar H. Targeted Radionuclide Therapy: An Evolution Toward Precision Cancer Treatment. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:277-288 pubmed publisher..in the understanding of the complex underlying biology of cancer and advances in radiochemistry science, multimodal imaging techniques including the concept of "see and treat" within the framework of theranostics, and ..
- Berti V, Mosconi L, Pupi A. Brain: normal variations and benign findings in fluorodeoxyglucose-PET/computed tomography imaging. PET Clin. 2014;9:129-40 pubmed..The effect of different substances, medications, and therapy procedures are discussed, as well as common artifacts. ..