Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any visual display of structural or functional patterns of organs or tissues for diagnostic evaluation. It includes measuring physiologic and metabolic responses to physical and chemical stimuli, as well as ultramicroscopy.
- Schramm T, Hester A, Klinkert I, Both J, Heeren R, Brunelle A, et al. imzML--a common data format for the flexible exchange and processing of mass spectrometry imaging data. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5106-10 pubmed publisher..All technical details necessary to implement imzML and additional background information is available at www.imzml.org. ..
- Solorio L, Patel R, Wu H, Krupka T, Exner A. Advances in image-guided intratumoral drug delivery techniques. Ther Deliv. 2010;1:307-22 pubmed..Future evolution of imaging devices, image-acquisition techniques and multifunctional delivery agents will lead to a paradigm shift in patient care. ..
- Schwamborn K. Imaging mass spectrometry in biomarker discovery and validation. J Proteomics. 2012;75:4990-8 pubmed publisher..Some recently published studies that show the usefulness and advantages of this technology in the field of cancer research are highlighted. ..
- Kang W, Cho Y, Chae J, Lee J, Ali B, Al Khedhairy A, et al. Dual optical biosensors for imaging microRNA-1 during myogenesis. Biomaterials. 2012;33:6430-7 pubmed publisher..The dual miRNA-1 imaging systems, which provides the complementary imaging information about miRNA biogenesis, could be useful to sense miRNA expression during various biologic processes. ..
- Prideaux B, Stoeckli M. Mass spectrometry imaging for drug distribution studies. J Proteomics. 2012;75:4999-5013 pubmed publisher..In this article we review the different MSI technologies that have been applied to the imaging of pharmaceuticals. Recent technical advances, applications and current analytical limitations are discussed. ..
- Madajewski B, Judy B, Mouchli A, Kapoor V, Holt D, Wang M, et al. Intraoperative near-infrared imaging of surgical wounds after tumor resections can detect residual disease. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:5741-51 pubmed publisher..The data in this study is the basis of an ongoing Phase I/II clinical trial in patients who undergo resection for lung and breast cancer. ..
- Phan J, Quo C, Cheng C, Wang M. Multiscale integration of -omic, imaging, and clinical data in biomedical informatics. IEEE Rev Biomed Eng. 2012;5:74-87 pubmed publisher..g., the Human Protein Atlas and The Cancer Genome Atlas) data integration. Numerous opportunities exist in biomedical informatics research focusing on integration of multiscale and multiplatform data. ..
- Bailey J, Pope R, Elliott E, Wan J, Waters T, Frisse M. Health information exchange reduces repeated diagnostic imaging for back pain. Ann Emerg Med. 2013;62:16-24 pubmed publisherThis study seeks to determine whether health information exchange reduces repeated diagnostic imaging and related costs in emergency back pain evaluation...
- Ma Q, Nakane Y, Mori Y, Hasegawa M, Yoshioka Y, Watanabe T, et al. Multilayered, core/shell nanoprobes based on magnetic ferric oxide particles and quantum dots for multimodality imaging of breast cancer tumors. Biomaterials. 2012;33:8486-94 pubmed publisher..Antibody conjugated MQQ-probes have great potential to use for multimodality imaging of cancer tumors in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Dolic K, Siddiqui A, Karmon Y, Marr K, Zivadinov R. The role of noninvasive and invasive diagnostic imaging techniques for detection of extra-cranial venous system anomalies and developmental variants. BMC Med. 2013;11:155 pubmed publisher..So far, there is no established diagnostic imaging modality, non-invasive or invasive, that can serve as the "gold standard" for detection of these ..
- Ruan J, Song H, Qian Q, Li C, Wang K, Bao C, et al. HER2 monoclonal antibody conjugated RNase-A-associated CdTe quantum dots for targeted imaging and therapy of gastric cancer. Biomaterials. 2012;33:7093-102 pubmed publisher..High-performance HER2-RQDs nanoprobes exhibit great potential in applications such as in-situ gastric cancer targeted imaging, and selective therapy in the near future. ..
- Bender L, Linnau K, Meier E, Anzai Y, Gunn M. Interrater agreement in the evaluation of discrepant imaging findings with the Radpeer system. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012;199:1320-7 pubmed publisher..Resources should be devoted to developing more robust and objective assessment procedures, particularly those with clear quality improvement goals. ..
- Goodwill P, Saritas E, Croft L, Kim T, Krishnan K, Schaffer D, et al. X-space MPI: magnetic nanoparticles for safe medical imaging. Adv Mater. 2012;24:3870-7 pubmed..X-space MPI theory predicts that larger nanoparticles could enable up to 250 micrometer resolution imaging, which would represent a major breakthrough in safe imaging for CKD patients. ..
- Hoffman R. Future of Bacterial Therapy of Cancer. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1409:177-84 pubmed publisher..This chapter suggests future clinical applications for S. typhimurium A1-R. ..
- Hou W, Xia F, Alves C, Qian X, Yang Y, Cui D. MMP2-Targeting and Redox-Responsive PEGylated Chlorin e6 Nanoparticles for Cancer Near-Infrared Imaging and Photodynamic Therapy. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016;8:1447-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PEG-SS-Ce6-MMP2 nanoparticles hold great potential for tumor-targeting imaging and photodynamic therapy. ..
- Yang S, Kim S, Kang B, Song B. Extramammary findings on breast MRI: prevalence and imaging characteristics favoring malignancy detection: a retrospective analysis. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:119 pubmed publisher..Extramammary findings on breast MRI are not rare. Clinicopathologic features of the breast cancer and MRI features of extramammary findings could be useful in estimating the malignancy of the incidental extramammary finding. ..
- Gillies R, Kinahan P, Hricak H. Radiomics: Images Are More than Pictures, They Are Data. Radiology. 2016;278:563-77 pubmed publisher..This report describes the process of radiomics, its challenges, and its potential power to facilitate better clinical decision making, particularly in the care of patients with cancer. ..
- Zhu X, Xiong M, Liu H, Mao G, Zhou L, Zhang J, et al. A FRET-based ratiometric two-photon fluorescent probe for dual-channel imaging of nitroxyl in living cells and tissues. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:733-6 pubmed publisher..was successfully applied to two-photon dual-channel imaging of nitroxyl in living cells and tissues with less cross-talk between channels and satisfactory deep-tissue imaging depth. ..
- Maccauro M, Lorenzoni A, Crippa F, Manca G, Chondrogiannis S, Giammarile F, et al. Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Pelvic Tumors: Clinical Indications and Protocols Under Investigation. Clin Nucl Med. 2016;41:e288-93 pubmed publisher..We review the clinical indications, controversies, and perspective of SLN biopsy in male and female pelvic cancers. ..
- D Haese J, Werner J. [Resectability of pancreatic cancer: New criteria]. Radiologe. 2016;56:318-24 pubmed publisher..Pancreatic resections can nowadays be more radically performed due to advances in surgical techniques. This has led to a change in the criteria for resectability, especially concerning venous tumor infiltration. ..
- Hachmöller O, Aichler M, Schwamborn K, Lutz L, Werner M, Sperling M, et al. Element bioimaging of liver needle biopsy specimens from patients with Wilson's disease by laser ablation-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2016;35:97-102 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the WD samples show an inverse correlation of regions with elevated copper concentrations and regions with high iron concentrations. ..
- Yu A, Kim H, Lim S, Kim J. Comparison of Imaging Characteristics of (124)I PET for Determination of Optimal Energy Window on the Siemens Inveon PET. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:3067123 pubmed publisher..In terms of the image quality of (124)I PET, our findings indicate that an energy window of 350~750?keV would be optimal. ..
- Reamy B, Williams P, Odom M. Pleuritic Chest Pain: Sorting Through the Differential Diagnosis. Am Fam Physician. 2017;96:306-312 pubmed..In patients with persistent symptoms, persons who smoke, and those older than 50 years with pneumonia, it is important to document radiographic resolution with repeat chest radiography six weeks after initial treatment. ..
- Malarbi S, Muscara F, Stargatt R. Cognitive deficits and posttraumatic stress disorder in children: A diagnostic dilemma illustrated through a case study. J Trauma Dissociation. 2016;17:199-206 pubmed publisher..The state of the current literature is discussed, and directions for future research are provided. ..
- Hassan S, Banchs J, Iliescu C, Dasari A, Lopez Mattei J, Yusuf S. Carcinoid heart disease. Heart. 2017;103:1488-1495 pubmed publisher..Valve surgery for carcinoid heart disease should be considered for symptomatic patients with controlled metastatic carcinoid syndrome. A multidisciplinary approach is needed to guide optimal management...
- Gharib H, Papini E, Garber J, Duick D, Harrell R, Hegedus L, et al. AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGISTS, AMERICAN COLLEGE OF ENDOCRINOLOGY, AND ASSOCIAZIONE MEDICI ENDOCRINOLOGI MEDICAL GUIDELINES FOR CLINICAL PRACTICE FOR THE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF THYROID NODULES--2016 UPDATE. Endocr Pract. 2016;22:622-39 pubmed publisher..The present document updates previous guidelines released in 2006 and 2010 by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), American College of Endocrinology (ACE) and Associazione Medici Endocrinologi (AME). ..
- Costantino C, Thomas G, Ryan C, Coakley F, Troxell M. Metastatic renal cell carcinoma without evidence of a renal primary. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:73-7 pubmed publisher..This case illustrates the role of mutational analysis in carcinomas with rare or unusual presentations, such as metastatic RCC without a renal primary. ..
- Maloca P, Gyger C, Schoetzau A, Hasler P. Inter-device size variation of small choroidal nevi measured using stereographic projection ultra-widefield imaging and optical coherence tomography. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2016;254:797-808 pubmed publisher..It would be beneficial to monitor choroidal nevi using the same type of OCT technology, because a tumor is displayed differently. ..
- Su Z, Duan Z, Pan W, Wu C, Jia Y, Han B, et al. Predicting extracapsular spread of head and neck cancers using different imaging techniques: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016;45:413-21 pubmed publisher..MRI showed positive trends in diagnosing ECS. Evidence was lacking for PET/CT and US diagnosis. More related studies are required to confirm these inconclusive results. ..
- Elam A, Andrews C, Musch D, Lee P, Stein J. Large Disparities in Receipt of Glaucoma Care between Enrollees in Medicaid and Those with Commercial Health Insurance. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1442-1448 pubmed publisher..Efforts are needed to improve the quality of glaucoma care for Medicaid recipients, especially racial minorities. ..
- Diederichsen L, Simonsen J, Diederichsen A, Kim W, Hvidsten S, Hougaard M, et al. Cardiac abnormalities assessed by non-invasive techniques in patients with newly diagnosed idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:706-14 pubmed..These abnormalities, although subclinical, may indicate that myocardial involvement is common in patients and calls for larger controlled studies and further investigations of the prognostic implications of this finding. ..
- Rashbaum R, Ohnmeiss D, Lindley E, Kitchel S, Patel V. Sacroiliac Joint Pain and Its Treatment. Clin Spine Surg. 2016;29:42-8 pubmed publisher..The literature increasingly supports favorable results of SIJ fusion in appropriately selected patients. The purpose of this review is to provide an overview of the current literature on the SIJ, with focus on its surgical treatment. ..
- Saknite I, Zavorins A, Jakovels D, Spigulis J, Kisis J. Comparison of single-spot technique and RGB imaging for erythema index estimation. Physiol Meas. 2016;37:333-46 pubmed publisher..In result, we propose an erythema index estimation approach that represents increased erythema with higher accuracy than other available methods. ..
- Gao F, Sihver W, Jurischka C, Bergmann R, Haase Kohn C, Mosch B, et al. Radiopharmacological characterization of ??Cu-labeled ?-MSH analogs for potential use in imaging of malignant melanoma. Amino Acids. 2016;48:833-847 pubmed publisher..0 % ID/g at 60 min p.i. Due to the prospective radiochemical and radiopharmacological properties of the linear ?-MSH derivative [(64)Cu]Cu-2, this conjugate is a promising candidate for tracer development in human melanoma imaging. ..
- Huber T, Gaskin C, Krishnaraj A. Early Experience With Implementation of a Commercial Decision-Support Product for Imaging Order Entry. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2016;45:133-6 pubmed publisher..As an early adopter of a commercially available clinical decision support program for imaging order entry, we present our initial experience. ..
- Boon M, Dennesen P, Veldkamp R. A rare stress cardiomyopathy in a patient with Guillain-Barré syndrome. Neth J Med. 2016;74:86-8 pubmed..Following treatment, she experienced a complete recovery. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is a rare complication in Guillain-Barré syndrome; eight other cases have been reported in the literature. ..
- Jain A, Taghavian O, Vallejo D, Dotsey E, Schwartz D, Bell F, et al. Evaluation of quantum dot immunofluorescence and a digital CMOS imaging system as an alternative to conventional organic fluorescence dyes and laser scanning for quantifying protein microarrays. Proteomics. 2016;16:1271-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Qdot detection provides data equivalent to that obtained using conventional organic dye detection. The portable imager offers an economical, more robust, and deployable alternative to conventional laser array scanners. ..
- Dorval P, Mangeret N, Guillermet S, Atallah I, Righini C, Barabino G, et al. A palm-sized high-sensitivity near-infrared fluorescence imager for laparotomy surgery. Phys Med. 2016;32:218-25 pubmed publisher..This system is now CE certified for clinical procedures and Indocyanine Green imaging has been performed during clinical investigations: lymphedema and surgical resection of liver metastases of colorectal cancers. ..
- Rosenholm J, Gulin Sarfraz T, Mamaeva V, Niemi R, Özliseli E, Desai D, et al. Prolonged Dye Release from Mesoporous Silica-Based Imaging Probes Facilitates Long-Term Optical Tracking of Cell Populations In Vivo. Small. 2016;12:1578-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ex vivo analysis reveals fluorescently labeled metastatic colonies in lymph node and rib, highlighting the capability of the developed probes for tracking of metastasis. ..
- Wagner Bartak N, Baiomy A, Habra M, Mukhi S, Morani A, Korivi B, et al. Cushing Syndrome: Diagnostic Workup and Imaging Features, With Clinical and Pathologic Correlation. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:19-32 pubmed publisher..In ACTH-independent CS, which is caused by various adrenal abnormalities, adrenal protocol CT or MRI is usually diagnostic. ..
- Jiang H. Cryo-coherent diffractive imaging of biological samples with X-ray free-electron lasers. Acta Crystallogr A Found Adv. 2016;72:177-8 pubmed publisher..Recent developments in the imaging of biological samples using the X-ray free-electron laser at the SACLA facility are highlighted. ..
- Furtner J, Woitek R, Asenbaum U, Prayer D, Schueller Weidekamm C. [Occipitocervical junction: Aanatomy, craniometry and pathology]. Radiologe. 2016;56:375-86; quiz 387-8 pubmed publisher..In this article, the anatomy of the occipitocervical junction as well as the most important craniometric measurement methods are explained. Moreover various pathologies and similar appearing normal variants are presented. ..
- Wang G, Xie H, Hou S, Chen W, Yang X. Development of High-Field Permanent Magnetic Circuits for NMRI/MRI and Imaging on Mice. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:8659298 pubmed publisher..Combining our patents such as gradient coil, RF coil, and integration computer software, two kinds of small animal Micro-MRI instruments are developed, by which the high quality MRI images of mice were obtained. ..
- Chen J, Pan H, Ye T, Liu D, Li Q, Chen F, et al. Recent Aspects of Osmotic Pump Systems: Functionalization, Clinical use and Advanced Imaging Technology. Curr Drug Metab. 2016;17:279-91 pubmed