Summary: Procedures in which placement of CARDIAC CATHETERS is performed for therapeutic or diagnostic procedures.
- Kuwata S, Taramasso M, Guidotti A, Nietlispach F, Maisano F. Ongoing and future directions in percutaneous treatment of mitral regurgitation. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2017;15:441-446 pubmed publisher..We should carefully select one or combination procedure for each patient as an ideal tailor-made transcatheter MV therapy in order to improve the outcomes. ..
- Martin R, Ruckdeschel J, Chang P, Byhardt R, Bouchard R, Wiernik P. Radiation-related pericarditis. Am J Cardiol. 1975;35:216-20 pubmed..Therapeutic implications depend on elucidation of the natural history of this process. At present close follow-up is necessary with surgical intervention for signs or symptoms of cardiac tamponade. ..
- Lloyd J, Nishimura R, Borlaug B, Eleid M. Hemodynamic Response to Nitroprusside in Patients With Low-Gradient Severe Aortic Stenosis and Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1339-1348 pubmed publisher..Symptomatic patients with LGSAS and preserved EF underwent cardiac catheterization with comparison of hemodynamic measurements before and after nitroprusside...
- Song H, Zhou Q, Zhang L, Deng Q, Wang Y, Hu B, et al. Evaluating the morphology of the left atrial appendage by a transesophageal echocardiographic 3-dimensional printed model. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7865 pubmed publisher..The echocardiographic 3DP technique is feasible and accurate in reflecting the spatial morphology of the LAA, which may be promising for the personalized planning of transcatheter LAA occlusion. ..
- Krane M, Deutsch M, Bleiziffer S, Lange R. Transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Curr Cardiol Rev. 2013;9:267 pubmed
- Conradi L, Schaefer A, Mueller G, Seiffert M, Gulbins H, Blankenberg S, et al. Carcinoid Heart Valve Disease: Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve-In-Valve Implantation in Failing Biological Xenografts. J Heart Valve Dis. 2015;24:110-4 pubmed
- Patel M, Bailey S, Bonow R, Chambers C, Chan P, Dehmer G, et al. ACCF/SCAI/AATS/AHA/ASE/ASNC/HFSA/HRS/SCCM/SCCT/SCMR/STS 2012 appropriate use criteria for diagnostic catheterization: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Appropriate Use Criteria Task Force, Society for Cardiovascular Angiograph. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:1995-2027 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, recognition of uncertain clinical scenarios facilitates identification of areas that would benefit from future research. ..
- Acikel S, Dogan M, Aksoy M, Akdemir R. Coronary embolism causing non-ST elevation myocardial infarction in a patient with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: treatment with thrombus aspiration catheter. Int J Cardiol. 2011;149:e33-5 pubmed publisher..She underwent a successful thrombus aspiration procedure and followed by long-term oral anticoagulant therapy with warfarin. ..
- Murasawa T, Takahashi M, Myojo M, Kiyosue A, Oguri A, Ando J, et al. Identification of the State of Maximal Hyperemia in the Assessment of Coronary Fractional Flow Reserve Using Non-Invasive Electrical Velocimetry. Int Heart J. 2017;58:365-370 pubmed publisher..92, P < 0.01; timemCO: r = 0.80, P < 0.01).Maximal SVV is reached close to maximal hyperemia. Monitoring of SVV with non-invasive EV during FFR assessment can help identify the state of maximal hyperemia. ..
- Amsallem M, Sweatt A, Aymami M, Kuznetsova T, Selej M, Lu H, et al. Right Heart End-Systolic Remodeling Index Strongly Predicts Outcomes in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Comparison With Validated Models. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Among right heart metrics, RVESRI demonstrated the best test-retest characteristics. RVESRI is a simple reproducible prognostic marker in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. ..
- Janousek J, Kovanda J, Ložek M, Tomek V, Vojtovic P, Gebauer R, et al. Pulmonary Right Ventricular Resynchronization in Congenital Heart Disease: Acute Improvement in Right Ventricular Mechanics and Contraction Efficiency. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..after repair of tetralogy of Fallot and similar lesions were studied echocardiographically (n=23) and by cardiac catheterization (n=5) after primary repair (n=4) or after surgical RV revalvulation for significant pulmonary ..
- Forrester J, Ganz W, Diamond G, McHugh T, Chonette D, Swan H. Thermodilution cardiac output determination with a single flow-directed catheter. Am Heart J. 1972;83:306-11 pubmed
- Suomalainen A, Paetau A, Leinonen H, Majander A, Peltonen L, Somer H. Inherited idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy with multiple deletions of mitochondrial DNA. Lancet. 1992;340:1319-20 pubmed..Amplification of the mother's cardiac mtDNA from 20-year-old paraffin-embedded sections showed that she also had deletions of mtDNA. These data suggest that a subgroup of inherited DCMs is associated with mtDNA mutations. ..
- De Rosa R, Schranz D, Zeiher A, Fichtlscherer S. Again, Two Melodies in Concert: Transcatheter Double Valve Replacement in Hedinger Syndrome. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e61-e63 pubmed publisher..We report a successful two-stage percutaneous transcatheter double-valve replacement with the use of a Melody valve in pulmonary and tricuspid positions. ..
- Liang F, Hongxin L, Zhang H, Wenbin G, Zou C, Farhaj Z. Perventricular double-device closure of wide-spaced multi-hole perimembranous ventricular septal defect. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2017;12:24 pubmed publisher..In multi-hole PmVSDs with the distance between the holes of more than 5 mm, double-device implantation may achieve a complete occlusion. ..
- Shiode N, Morishima N, Nakayama K, Yamagata T, Matsuura H, Kajiyama G. Flow-mediated vasodilation of human epicardial coronary arteries: effect of inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996;27:304-10 pubmed..8 +/- 1.0%). Our data suggest that nitric oxide modulates basal coronary artery tone but that mediators other than nitric oxide may be responsible for the flow-mediated vasodilation of human epicardial coronary arteries. ..
- Hayward R, White J, Ead H, Baldwin A, Swanton H. A microcomputer based catheter laboratory system for analysis of coronary blood flow in man. J Biomed Eng. 1983;5:248-52 pubmed..A system is described in which a microcomputer is used to sample, analyse, display and store data obtained using this technique. ..
- Adir Y, Guazzi M, Offer A, Temporelli P, Cannito A, Ghio S. Pulmonary hemodynamics in heart failure patients with reduced or preserved ejection fraction and pulmonary hypertension: Similarities and disparities. Am Heart J. 2017;192:120-127 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, PCa rather than DPG emerged as the stronger predictor of survival in both left-sided PH phenotypes. ..
- Vilaseca Corbera M, Vázquez Oliva G, Campoamor Cela C, Zamora Cervantes A, Bassanyanes Vilarrasa J, Massa Puig R. Extreme QT interval prolongation and helicoid ventricular tachycardia (torsade de pointes) in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2012;65:294-6 pubmed publisher
- McGuinn L, Ward Caviness C, Neas L, Schneider A, Di Q, Chudnovsky A, et al. Fine particulate matter and cardiovascular disease: Comparison of assessment methods for long-term exposure. Environ Res. 2017;159:16-23 pubmed publisher..We utilized a cohort of 5679 patients who had undergone a cardiac catheterization between 2002-2009 and resided in NC. Exposure to PM2...
- Wei L, Lu Y, Hua Y, Zhou K, Ye Q, Wang C, et al. [Changes in electrocardiographic parameters in children with complete left bundle branch block early after transcatheter closure of ventricular septal defect]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2017;19:663-667 pubmed..JTcd might be useful in predicting the development of CLBBB early after transcatheter closure of VSD. ..
- Allen D, Ma B, Leung K, Graham M, Pannu N, Traboulsi M, et al. Risk Prediction Models for Contrast-Induced Acute Kidney Injury Accompanying Cardiac Catheterization: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:724-736 pubmed publisher..contrast-induced acute kidney injury (CI-AKI) is valuable for targeted prevention strategies accompanying cardiac catheterization. We searched MedLine and EMBASE for articles that developed or validated a clinical prediction model for ..
- Zilinski J, Shah R, Gaggin H, Gantzer M, Wang T, Januzzi J. Measurement of multiple biomarkers in advanced stage heart failure patients treated with pulmonary artery catheter guided therapy. Crit Care. 2012;16:R135 pubmed publisher..Elevated sST2 values early in the ICU course theoretically could assist therapeutic decision-making in advanced stage HF patients. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00595738. ..
- Unegbu C, Noje C, Coulson J, Segal J, Romer L. Pulmonary Hypertension Therapy and a Systematic Review of Efficacy and Safety of PDE-5 Inhibitors. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..There is strong evidence that PDE5 inhibitor use improves echocardiography measurements, cardiac catheterization parameters, and oxygenation compared with baseline or placebo in pediatric patients with PH...
- Aviram G, Rozenbaum Z, Ziv Baran T, Berliner S, Topilsky Y, Fleischmann D, et al. Identification of Pulmonary Hypertension Caused by Left-Sided Heart Disease (World Health Organization Group 2) Based on Cardiac Chamber Volumes Derived From Chest CT Imaging. Chest. 2017;152:792-799 pubmed publisher..Volumetric analysis of the cardiac chambers from nongated chest CT scans, particularly with findings of an enlarged left atrium, exhibited high discriminatory ability for identifying patients with PH due to left-sided heart disease. ..
- McLaughlin V, Archer S, Badesch D, Barst R, Farber H, Lindner J, et al. ACCF/AHA 2009 expert consensus document on pulmonary hypertension a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association developed in collaboration with the American Colle. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:1573-619 pubmed publisher
- Asrress K, Williams R, Lockie T, Khawaja M, De Silva K, Lumley M, et al. Physiology of Angina and Its Alleviation With Nitroglycerin: Insights From Invasive Catheter Laboratory Measurements During Exercise. Circulation. 2017;136:24-34 pubmed publisher..Forty patients (mean age, 65.2±7.6 years) with exertional angina and coronary artery disease underwent cardiac catheterization via radial access and performed incremental exercise using a supine cycle ergometer...
- Qureshi A, Agrawal H. Catheter-based anatomic and functional assessment of coronary arteries in anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery, myocardial bridges and Kawasaki disease. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017;12:615-618 pubmed publisher..In such instances, cardiac catheterization with invasive anatomic and functional testing is an invaluable tool...
- Qi R, You X, Pu Z, Yang Q, Huang Z, Zhou L, et al. [Comparison of aortic annular diameter defined by different measurement mordalities before transcatheter aortic valve implantation]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:409-414 pubmed publisher..05)?(3)msct????????????????????????????tte?tee??????????(p?<0.05)?(4)???7??3????????????????6???1????????????????????????? ??? tte?tee??????????msct????????????????????????????????????tavi????????????. ..
- Tuzcu V, Gul E, Karacan M, Kamali H, Çelik N, Akdeniz C. Comparison of 6-mm Versus 8-mm-Tip Cryoablation Catheter for the Treatment of Atrioventricular Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia in Children: A Prospective Study. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017;38:1220-1225 pubmed publisher..Cryo of AVNRT is a safe and effective procedure with comparable acute and mid-term follow-up success rates using 6-mm and 8-mm-tip catheters in children. In addition, procedure duration is shorter with an 8-mm-tip Cryo catheter. ..
- Vemulapalli S, Lippmann S, Krucoff M, Hernandez A, Curtis L, Foster E, et al. Cardiovascular events and hospital resource utilization pre- and post-transcatheter mitral valve repair in high-surgical risk patients. Am Heart J. 2017;189:146-157 pubmed publisher..Payors and providers seeking to reduce HF hospitalizations and associated Medicare costs may consider MitraClip among appropriate patients likely to survive 1 year. ..
- Colli A, Bizzotto E, Manzan E, Besola L, Pradegan N, Bellù R, et al. Patient-Specific Ventricular Access Site Selection for the NeoChord Mitral Valve Repair Procedure. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e199-e202 pubmed publisher..Louis Park, MN) repair procedure to correct mitral regurgitation and who have a leaflet-to-annulus index lower than the recommended efficacy threshold of 1.25. ..