computer storage devices
Summary: Devices capable of receiving data, retaining data for an indefinite or finite period of time, and supplying data upon demand.
- Tang G, Zeng F, Chen C, Liu H, Gao S, Song C, et al. Programmable complementary resistive switching behaviours of a plasma-oxidised titanium oxide nanolayer. Nanoscale. 2013;5:422-8 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a possible cost-efficient solution to suppress the sneak-path problem in nanoscale crossbar memory arrays...
- Pettersson H, Falth Magnusson K, Persliden J, Scott M. Radiation risk and cost-benefit analysis of a paediatric radiology procedure: results from a national study. Br J Radiol. 2005;78:34-8 pubmed..Thus, the annual excess cancer mortality, including severe hereditary effects, can be estimated at 0.6-0.7 cases per year. However, significant dose saving can be obtained by proper choice of sedation and biopsy equipment. ..
- Lee J, Yew S, Cho J, Kim Y. Effect of redox proteins on the behavior of non-volatile memory. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:12008-10 pubmed publisher..These properties of the proteins could be successfully applied to the flash memory devices, which show a considerable memory window (~11 V) and relatively good endurance properties (~over 100 cycles). ..
- ..Additional possible indications are the monitoring of atrial fibrillation, the diagnostics of infrequent palpitations and patients with seizures. ..
- Williams J. Cloned hard drives reduce time, improve service. Biomed Instrum Technol. 2007;41:449-50 pubmed
- Park B, Lee J, Kim O. Effect of glycerol on retention time and electrical properties of polymer bistable memory devices based on glycerol-modified PEDOT:PSS. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012;12:469-74 pubmed..In addition, AFM analysis on the G-PEDOT:PSS films to see how the surface morphology of G-PEDOT:PSS layer influences the retention time properties was carried out. ..
- Armeanu D, Leroy Y, Cordan A. Modeling of the electrostatic coupling between nanocrystals of a disordered nanocrystal floating gate memory. Nanotechnology. 2012;23:215203 pubmed publisher..The proposed model is validated by statistical comparisons with exact 3D computations, and the influence of the electrostatic coupling is analyzed and discussed. ..
- Yang J. MEMS-based probe recording technology. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:181-92 pubmed..Lastly, potential research topics and prospects for MEMS-based probe recording technology development are discussed. ..
- Deutsch E. File formats commonly used in mass spectrometry proteomics. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1612-21 pubmed publisher..A brief overview of the most common file formats in use today is presented here, along with a discussion of related topics. ..
- Entwistle A. Sharing digital micrographs and other data files between computers. Biotech Histochem. 2004;79:111-20 pubmed..If for some reason this is not possible, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, 100 MB ZIP disks and USB flash media are potentially useful media for exchanging data files. ..
- Waser R, Rüdiger A. Pushing towards the digital storage limit. Nat Mater. 2004;3:81-2 pubmed
- Li Q, Yan H, Jiao X. [The application of CY7C09449 in interface between DSP and the PCI bus]. Space Med Med Eng (Beijing). 2002;15:381-2 pubmed..It is proved that the maximum data rate reaches 65Mb/s. Conclusion. It is showed convenient to realize the connection to DSP with CY7C09449 [correction of EY7C09449] and the peripheral circuits is simple. ..
- Watanabe T, Watanabe M. Robust holographic storage system design. Opt Express. 2011;19:24147-58 pubmed publisher..This paper therefore presents a proposal for a recovery method for the turn-off failure mode of a laser array on a holographic storage system, and describes results of an experimental demonstration. ..
- Bertolazzi S, Krasnozhon D, Kis A. Nonvolatile memory cells based on MoS2/graphene heterostructures. ACS Nano. 2013;7:3246-52 pubmed publisher..The two-dimensional nature of both the contact and the channel can be harnessed for the fabrication of flexible nanoelectronic devices with large-scale integration. ..
- Chong T, Piramanayagam S, Sbiaa R. Perspectives for 10 terabits/in2 magnetic recording. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2011;11:2704-9 pubmed..The researchers--looking at a longer term--are investigating 10 Tbits/in2 as the next major milestone. The issues and probable candidates for 10 Tbits/in2 magnetic recording technology are described from a material perspective. ..
- Yang S, Jeong K, Yun H, Kim Y, Lee S, Oh J, et al. Analysis of flicker noise for improved data retention characteristics in silicon-oxide-high-k-oxide-silicon flash memory using N2 implantation. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013;13:3331-4 pubmed
- Berntenis N, Ebeling M. Detection of attractors of large Boolean networks via exhaustive enumeration of appropriate subspaces of the state space. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14:361 pubmed publisher..lnet is a software package that facilitates the analysis of large Boolean networks. Its intuitive approach helps to better understand the network in question. ..
- Leblans P, Struye L, Willems P. A new needle-crystalline computed radiography detector. J Digit Imaging. 2000;13:117-20 pubmed..It is shown that CR systems based on the new detector offer image quality that matches that of the best DR systems. ..
- Lee K, Heo K, Kim K, Kim H. Memory effects based on random networks of single-walled carbon nanotubes. Nanotechnology. 2009;20:405210 pubmed publisher..We have also discussed a fast erase speed due to a work function difference and oxide trapped charges. ..
- Mletzko R, Ocklenburg R, Prizelius L. [Stored electrograms in pacemakers and ICD systems from the Sorin Group]. Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol. 2010;21:41-52 pubmed publisher..g., channels, summation EGM) and marker annotations. This review presents stored EGMs in pacemaker and ICD systems from the Sorin Group with tips on the potential and interpretation of memory capabilities. ..
- Barman S, Deng F, McCreery R. Conducting polymer memory devices based on dynamic doping. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:11073-81 pubmed publisher..Although the speed of the current polymer/TiO2 junctions is slower than commercial dynamic random access memory, their retention is approximately 5 orders of magnitude longer. ..
- Al Ubaydli M. So, you'd like a handheld computer. BMJ. 2003;326:S17 pubmed
- Park I, Lee J, Lee S, Ahn J. Resistance switching characteristics of HfO2 film with electrode for resistance change random access memory. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:4139-42 pubmed..In addition, the different features for switching voltages with electrode are shown with annealing temperature. ..
- Fu X, Zhang K, Xie C. Performance analysis of an iSCSI-based unified storage network. J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2004;5:1-7 pubmed..From the analysis and comparison, we can conclude that the iSCSI is more suitable for implementing the storage network than the FC under condition of the wide-area network. At last, we designed two groups of experiments carefully. ..
- Rosenfeld K. Adding intelligence to archiving of data, images. New enterprisewide management platforms support multisite, multisource storage. Health Manag Technol. 2005;26:20, 22, 26 pubmed
- Ng C, Chenl T, Wong J, Yang M, Khor T, New C, et al. Performance of silicon nanocrystal non-volatile memory devices under various programming mechanisms. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:329-34 pubmed..Both the DCHE and SCHE have a larger memory window, a better endurance and a longer retention time as compared to the FN. Explanations to the phenomena are given. ..
- Pita M, Strack G, MacVittie K, Zhou J, Katz E. Set-reset flip-flop memory based on enzyme reactions: toward memory systems controlled by biochemical pathways. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:16071-6 pubmed publisher..The integrated enzyme logic systems and flip-flop memories associated with signal-responsive chemical actuators are envisaged as basic elements of future implantable biomedical devices controlled by immediate physiological conditions. ..
- Frank M, Schultz T, Dreyer K. Integrating digital educational content created and stored within disparate software environments: an extensible markup language (XML) solution in real-world use. J Digit Imaging. 2001;14:92-7 pubmed..XML is a powerful and useful mechanism for transfering educational content, as well as the context and interactive behaviors of such content, between disparate systems. ..
- Vanrumste B, Van Hoey G, Van de Walle R, D Havé M, Lemahieu I, Boon P. The validation of the finite difference method and reciprocity for solving the inverse problem in EEG dipole source analysis. Brain Topogr. 2001;14:83-92 pubmed..FDRM is not more sensitive to noise than the method using the analytical expression. ..
- Siuti P, Yazbek J, Lu T. Synthetic circuits integrating logic and memory in living cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:448-52 pubmed publisher..We envision that this integrated logic and memory system will enable the implementation of complex cellular state machines, behaviors and pathways for therapeutic, diagnostic and basic science applications. ..
- Stein L. Using GBrowse 2.0 to visualize and share next-generation sequence data. Brief Bioinform. 2013;14:162-71 pubmed publisher..SAM/BAM tracks provide semantic zooming and support both local and remote data sources. This article provides step-by-step instructions for configuring GBrowse to display NGS data. ..
- Shimotsuma Y, Sakakura M, Miura K, Qiu J, Kazansky P, Fujita K, et al. Application of femtosecond-laser induced nanostructures in optical memory. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:94-104 pubmed..Furthermore, we have also observed the self-assembled sub-wavelength periodic structures created in silica glass by femtosecond pulses on the plane of the propagation of light. ..
- He L, Liao Z, Wu H, Tian X, Xu D, Cross G, et al. Memory and threshold resistance switching in Ni/NiO core-shell nanowires. Nano Lett. 2011;11:4601-6 pubmed publisher..This deeper understanding of the driving mechanisms responsible for the threshold and memory RS provides guidelines for the scaling, reliability, and reproducibility of NiO-based nonvolatile memory devices. ..
- Nassiopoulou A, Salonidou A. Two-silicon-nanocrystal layer memory structure with improved retention characteristics. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:368-73 pubmed..In the second case this improvement was significantly larger than in the first case. Extrapolation of the data to ten years memory operation, showed that the charge loss after this time was only approximately 12%. ..
- Lee T, El Said W, Min J, Choi J. Multifunctional DNA-based biomemory device consisting of ssDNA/Cu heterolayers. Biosens Bioelectron. 2011;26:2304-10 pubmed publisher..In the near future, DNA based biomemory device in this study could provide the alternative to the inorganic electronic device when molecular scaled immobilization control and signal measurement are achieved. ..
- Lorence D, Lee J, Richards M. ONCHIT security in distributed environments: a proposed model for implantable devices. J Med Syst. 2010;34:601-8 pubmed publisher..While the conceptual applications employed in this technology set are provided by way of illustration, they may also serve as a transformative model for emerging EMR/EHR requirements. ..
- Liu J, Yin Z, Cao X, Zhao F, Lin A, Xie L, et al. Bulk heterojunction polymer memory devices with reduced graphene oxide as electrodes. ACS Nano. 2010;4:3987-92 pubmed publisher..The polarization of PCBM domains and the localized internal electrical field formed among the adjacent domains are proposed to explain the electrical transition of the memory device. ..
- Jo S, Lu W. CMOS compatible nanoscale nonvolatile resistance switching memory. Nano Lett. 2008;8:392-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the CMOS compatible, nanoscale Si-based resistance switching devices may be well suited for ultrahigh-density memory applications. ..
- Yeh P, Chen L, Liu P, Wang D, Chang T. Nonvolatile memory devices with NiSi2/CoSi2 nanocrystals. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:339-43 pubmed..The retention characteristic can be improved by using HfO2 layer as control oxide. The processing of the structure is compatible with the current manufacturing technology of semiconductor industry. ..
- Mendoza C, Bragard J, Ramazza P, Martínez Mardones J, Boccaletti S. Pinning control of spatiotemporal chaos in the LCLV device. Math Biosci Eng. 2007;4:523-30 pubmed..The system is controlled in a finite time. The number and position of pinning points needed to attain control is also investigated. ..
- Sato H, Homma T. Fabrication of magnetic nanodot arrays for patterned magnetic recording media. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:225-31 pubmed..These fabrication processes are reviewed mainly from recent reports. The recording systems for the patterned media including probe-type-recording are also overviewed. ..
- Park S, Kim K, Kim D, Kwon W, Choi J, Ree M. High temperature polyimide containing anthracene moiety and its structure, interface, and nonvolatile memory behavior. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2011;3:765-73 pubmed publisher..Further, the PI films show repeatable writing, reading, and erasing ability with long reliability and high ON/OFF current ratio (up to 10(7)) in air ambient conditions as well as even at temperatures up to 200 °C. ..
- Hiranaga Y, Uda T, Kurihashi Y, Tanaka K, Cho Y. Novel HDD-type SNDM ferroelectric data storage system aimed at high-speed data transfer with single probe operation. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2007;54:2523-8 pubmed publisher..The effect of a dc-offset voltage applied to the writing waveform with high-speed probe scanning is discussed. In addition, a novel noncontact probe height control technique was adopted to solve the problem of tip abrasion. ..
- Kim Y, Kim T, Woo S, Kang H, Poon T, Zhou C. Speckle-free digital holographic recording of a diffusely reflecting object. Opt Express. 2013;21:8183-9 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time demonstrating digital holographic recording of a DR object without speckle noise. ..
- Venugopal G, Kim S. Observation of nonvolatile resistive memory switching characteristics in Ag/graphene-oxide/Ag devices. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012;12:8522-5 pubmed..1 V. Based on the filamentary conduction model, the dominant conduction mechanism of switching effect was well explained. Our results show GO can be a promising candidate for future development of nonvolatile memory devices. ..
- Wetzel U, Piorkowski C, Richter S, Müssigbrodt A, Kucher A, Hindricks G. [Analysis of intracardial electrograms in pacemakers and ICD systems by Biotronik]. Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol. 2010;21:6-17 pubmed publisher..This article describes stored electrograms, detection, and treatment algorithms of implantable cardiac devices manufactured by Biotronik. ..
- Pollak W, Simmons J, Interian A, Atapattu S, Castellanos A, Myerburg R, et al. Clinical utility of intraatrial pacemaker stored electrograms to diagnose atrial fibrillation and flutter. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2001;24:424-9 pubmed..Stored episodes > 250 complexes per minute and > 5 minutes in duration had a high correlation with atrial fibrillation and flutter. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Kim K, Lee S, Chang M, Cho E, et al. Physical electro-thermal model of resistive switching in bi-layered resistance-change memory. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1680 pubmed publisher..The proposed model accurately accounts for the set/reset characteristics, which provides an in-depth understanding of the nature of resistive switching. ..
- Jiménez Guerrero P, Jorba O, Baldasano J, Gassó S. The use of a modelling system as a tool for air quality management: annual high-resolution simulations and evaluation. Sci Total Environ. 2008;390:323-40 pubmed
- Medeiros Ribeiro G, Perner F, Carter R, Abdalla H, Pickett M, Williams R. Lognormal switching times for titanium dioxide bipolar memristors: origin and resolution. Nanotechnology. 2011;22:095702 pubmed publisher..We designed a closed-loop switching protocol that dramatically narrows the time distribution, which can significantly improve memory circuit performance and reliability. ..
- Strukov D, Likharev K. Defect-tolerant architectures for nanoelectronic crossbar memories. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007;7:151-67 pubmed..These highly encouraging results are much better than those reported in literature earlier, including our own early work, mostly due to more advanced error correcting codes. ..
- Huang C, Huang J, Lin S, Chang W, He J, Chueh Y. ZnO1-x nanorod arrays/ZnO thin film bilayer structure: from homojunction diode and high-performance memristor to complementary 1D1R application. ACS Nano. 2012;6:8407-14 pubmed..Finally, a successful demonstration of complementary 1D1R configurations can be achieved by simply connecting two identical devices back to back in series, realizing the possibility of a low-temperature all-ZnO-based memory system. ..