Summary: Vaccines or candidate vaccines used to prevent PAPILLOMAVIRUS INFECTIONS. Human vaccines are intended to reduce the incidence of UTERINE CERVICAL NEOPLASMS, so they are sometimes considered a type of CANCER VACCINES. They are often composed of CAPSID PROTEINS, especially L1 protein, from various types of ALPHAPAPILLOMAVIRUS.
- Rose K. Adolescent Vaccines: Latest Recommendations, Addressing Barriers, and Improving Vaccine Rates. NASN Sch Nurse. 2017;32:217-222 pubmed publisher..Public policy issues including school mandates, along with possible barriers to vaccine completion in adolescents, are discussed. ..
- Eve S, Pham A, Blaizot X, Turck M, Raginel T. [Human papillomaviruses vaccination: Parental awareness and acceptance of the vaccine for children in Lower Normandy schools and informative campaign during the 2015-2016 school year]. Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique. 2017;65:255-263 pubmed publisher..001). The significant association between knowledge about the vaccine and intentions to have their children vaccinated allows us to predict the effectiveness of information campaigns on vaccination rates. ..
- Workowski K, Bolan G. Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2015;64:1-137 pubmed..Physicians and other health-care providers can use these guidelines to assist in the prevention and treatment of STDs. ..
- Vanderdrift L, Vanable P, Bonafide K, Brown J, Bostwick R, Carey M. Using actor-partner interdependence modeling to understand HPV vaccine acceptance. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181662 pubmed publisher..Use APIM improves understanding of HPV vaccination uptake and can be used to guide intervention efforts. ..
- Grant D, Kravitz Wirtz N, Breen N, Tiro J, Tsui J. One in four California adolescent girls have had human papillomavirus vaccination. Policy Brief UCLA Cent Health Policy Res. 2009;:1-6 pubmed
- Jiamton S, Leeyaphan C, Maneeprasopchoke P, Omcharoen V. PREVALENCE AND CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF MALE PATIENTS WITH ANOGENITAL WARTS ATTENDING A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE CLINIC PRIOR HPV VACCINE RECOMMENDATION. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2014;45:1337-43 pubmed..Male anogenital warts posed a significant burden at the STD clinic. A preventive program is needed for anogenital warts, especially among MSM. ..
- Barnard M, George P, Perryman M, Wolff L. Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine knowledge, attitudes, and uptake in college students: Implications from the Precaution Adoption Process Model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182266 pubmed publisher..Campus health centers have an opportunity to increase HPV vaccination rates. This study indicates that students need prompts from providers, as well as education regarding susceptibility to HPV. ..
- . National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years--United States, 2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:685-93 pubmed
- Jacot Guillarmod M, Pasquier J, Greub G, Bongiovanni M, Achtari C, Sahli R. Impact of HPV vaccination with GardasilÂ® in Switzerland. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:790 pubmed publisher..In view of the high likelihood of reduced clinical specificity of cytology, primary screening modalities involving HPV testing and cytology should now be re-evaluated in Switzerland. ..
- . Vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years - United States, 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008;57:1100-3 pubmed..To improve vaccination coverage among adolescents, health-care providers should take advantage of every health-care visit as an opportunity to evaluate vaccination status and administer vaccines when needed. ..
- Huang L, Puthanakit T, Cheng Hsun C, Ren Bin T, Schwarz T, Pellegrino A, et al. Sustained Immunogenicity of 2-dose Human Papillomavirus 16/18 AS04-adjuvanted Vaccine Schedules in Girls Aged 9-14 Years: A Randomized Trial. J Infect Dis. 2017;215:1711-1719 pubmed publisher..Both 2-dose schedules in young girls remained noninferior to the 3-dose schedule in women up to study conclusion at M36. The AS04-HPV-16/18 vaccine administered as a 2-dose schedule was immunogenic and well tolerated in young girls. ..
- Prinja S, Bahuguna P, Faujdar D, Jyani G, Srinivasan R, Ghoshal S, et al. Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus vaccination for adolescent girls in Punjab state: Implications for India's universal immunization program. Cancer. 2017;123:3253-3260 pubmed publisher..HPV vaccination appears to be a very cost-effective strategy for Punjab state, and is likely to be cost-effective for other Indian states. Cancer 2017;123:3253-60. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Williams W, Lu P, O Halloran A, Bridges C, Kim D, Pilishvili T, et al. Vaccination coverage among adults, excluding influenza vaccination - United States, 2013. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64:95-102 pubmed
- Aksoy P, Gottschalk E, Meneses P. HPV entry into cells. Mutat Res Rev Mutat Res. 2017;772:13-22 pubmed publisher..In this review we attempt to summarize what is known regarding the process of HPV binding, entry, and intracellular trafficking. ..
- Mehta V, Holmes S, Master A, LeBlanc B, Caldito L, Bocchini J. Knowledge of HPV-Related Oropharyngeal Cancer and Use of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines by Pediatricians in Louisiana. J La State Med Soc. 2017;169:37-42 pubmed..Increased awareness regarding HPV-related oropharyngeal cancers among primary care providers may increase HPV immunization rates, especially in males. ..
- . Recommendations on the use of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in males--Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:1705-8 pubmed..The evidence for HPV4 vaccination of males was evaluated using Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) methods. ..
- Finney Rutten L, Wilson P, Jacobson D, Agunwamba A, RADECKI BREITKOPF C, Jacobson R, et al. A Population-Based Study of Sociodemographic and Geographic Variation in HPV Vaccination. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2017;26:533-540 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 26(4); 533-40. Â©2017 AACRSee all the articles in this CEBP Focus section, "Geospatial Approaches to Cancer Control and Population Sciences." ..
- Bahri P, Fogd J, Morales D, Kurz X. Application of real-time global media monitoring and 'derived questions' for enhancing communication by regulatory bodies: the case of human papillomavirus vaccines. BMC Med. 2017;15:91 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that media monitoring could form part of regular surveillance for medicines of high public interest. Future work is recommended to develop efficient monitoring strategies for that purpose. ..
- Reagan Steiner S, Yankey D, Jeyarajah J, Elam Evans L, Singleton J, Curtis C, et al. National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years--United States, 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64:784-92 pubmed..Seven public health jurisdictions achieved significant increases in ?1- or ?3-dose HPV vaccination coverage among females in 2014, demonstrating that substantial improvement in HPV vaccination coverage is feasible. ..
- Safaeian M, Sampson J, Pan Y, Porras C, Kemp T, Herrero R, et al. Durability of Protection Afforded by Fewer Doses of the HPV16/18 Vaccine: The CVT Trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110: pubmed publisher..5% (95% CI = -29.7% to 27.0%); results were similar for HPV18. At an average of seven years of follow-up, we observed similar low rates of HPV16/18 infections and slight, if any, decreases in HPV16/18 antibody levels by dose group. ..
- Qendri V, Bogaards J, Berkhof J. Health and Economic Impact of a Tender-Based, Sex-Neutral Human Papillomavirus 16/18 Vaccination Program in the Netherlands. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:210-219 pubmed publisher..Vaccinating boys along with girls is only modestly less efficient than increasing uptake among girls and highly likely to be cost-effective under current vaccine costs and uptake in the Netherlands. ..
- Wright T. Natural history of HPV infections. J Fam Pract. 2009;58:S3-7 pubmed
- De Vos Van Steenwijk P, van Poelgeest M, Ramwadhdoebe T, Lowik M, Berends van der Meer D, van der Minne C, et al. The long-term immune response after HPV16 peptide vaccination in women with low-grade pre-malignant disorders of the uterine cervix: a placebo-controlled phase II study. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2014;63:147-60 pubmed..If booster vaccination is required, then polarizing adjuvant should be added to maintain the Th1 focus of the vaccine-induced T-cell response. ..
- Gervais F, Dunton K, Jiang Y, Largeron N. Systematic review of cost-effectiveness analyses for combinations of prevention strategies against human papillomavirus (HPV) infection: a general trend. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:283 pubmed publisher..Highlighted in this review is the difficulty in assessing multiple strategies. Appropriate modelling techniques will need to be utilised to assess the most cost-effective strategies. ..
- Coates E, Costner P, Nason M, Herrin D, Conant S, Herscovitch P, et al. Lymph Node Activation by PET/CT Following Vaccination With Licensed Vaccines for Human Papillomaviruses. Clin Nucl Med. 2017;42:329-334 pubmed publisher..define lymph node activation following administration of the Food and Drug Administration-licensed human papillomavirus vaccines, Cervarix and Gardasil, which contain similar antigens with different adjuvants...
- Jiang R, Wang J, Peng S, Huang T, Wang C, Cannella F, et al. Spontaneous and Vaccine-Induced Clearance of Mus Musculus Papillomavirus 1 Infection. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an HPV16-targeted version of the DNA can protect against vaginal challenge with HPV16, suggesting the promise of this approach to both prevent and treat papillomavirus-related disease. ..
- Das A, Madhwapathi V, Davies P, Brown G, Dearnley E, Spencer A, et al. Knowledge and acceptability of the HPV vaccine by school children and their parents in Birmingham. Vaccine. 2010;28:1440-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found many misconceptions exist amongst the participants, which could have significant implications for information provision and the targeting of future education programmes. ..
- Heinlen L, Chakravarty E. Reproductive Health Screening in Women with Autoimmune Diseases. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2017;43:161-171 pubmed publisher..Women with autoimmune diseases need to adhere diligently to screening recommendations. ..
- Chawla P, Chawla A, Chaudhary S. Knowledge, attitude & practice on human papillomavirus vaccination: A cross-sectional study among healthcare providers. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:741-749 pubmed publisher..Public education is also pertinent for a successful HPV vaccination programme in the country. ..
- Oliver S, Hoots B, Paz Bailey G, Markowitz L, Meites E. Increasing Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Coverage Among Men Who Have Sex With Men-National HIV Behavioral Surveillance, United States, 2014. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75 Suppl 3:S370-S374 pubmed publisher..Potential strategies for increasing MSM coverage include improving access to recommended care, and offering education for providers and patients. ..
- Tsu V, Ginsburg O. The investment case for cervical cancer elimination. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017;138 Suppl 1:69-73 pubmed publisher..Sustained political commitment and strategic investments in cervical cancer prevention can not only save millions of lives over the next 10 years, but can also pave the way for the broader fight against all cancers. ..
- Baussano I, Lazzarato F, Ronco G, Lehtinen M, Dillner J, Franceschi S. Different Challenges in Eliminating HPV16 Compared to Other Types: A Modeling Study. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:336-344 pubmed publisher..HPV16 infection and related cancers are the most difficult to eliminate. ..
- Alberts C, van der Loeff M, Hazeveld Y, de Melker H, van der Wal M, Nielen A, et al. A longitudinal study on determinants of HPV vaccination uptake in parents/guardians from different ethnic backgrounds in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:220 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to explain the observed discrepancy between intention and uptake, especially among parents/guardians in the non-Dutch groups. ..
- Godi A, Bissett S, Miller E, Beddows S. Impact of naturally occurring variation in the human papillomavirus (HPV) 33 capsid proteins on recognition by vaccine-induced cross-neutralizing antibodies. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:1755-1761 pubmed publisher..These data improve our understanding of the potential impact of natural capsid variation on recognition by vaccine antibodies. ..