herpes zoster vaccine
Summary: An attenuated vaccine used to prevent and/or treat HERPES ZOSTER, a disease caused by HUMAN HERPESVIRUS 3.
- Dommasch E, Joyce C, Mostaghimi A. Trends in Nationwide Herpes Zoster Emergency Department Utilization From 2006 to 2013. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153:874-881 pubmed publisher..Per-visit and total costs increased across all age groups. Vaccination may be associated with a reduction of ED utilization. Further research is required to confirm these results and examine the drivers of increased ED costs. ..
- Chen L, Arai H, Chen L, Chou M, Djauzi S, Dong B, et al. Looking back to move forward: a twenty-year audit of herpes zoster in Asia-Pacific. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:213 pubmed publisher..Given the strong rationale for prevention, most adult immunisation guidelines include HZ vaccine, yet it remains underused. We urge all stakeholders to give higher priority to adult immunisation in general and HZ in particular. ..
- Verschoor C, Lelic A, Parsons R, Evelegh C, Bramson J, Johnstone J, et al. Serum C-Reactive Protein and Congestive Heart Failure as Significant Predictors of Herpes Zoster Vaccine Response in Elderly Nursing Home Residents. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:191-197 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data improve our understanding of vaccine responsiveness for those in long-term care, suggesting that certain risk factors are associated with a greater likelihood of vaccine failure. ..
- Wright W, Morrell E, Lee J, CUELLAR N, White P. Comparison of immunization rates of adults ages 65 years and older managed within two nurse practitioner-owned clinics with national immunization rates. J Am Assoc Nurse Pract. 2017;29:384-391 pubmed publisher..and pertussis; influenza; pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine 23; pneumococcal conjugate vaccine 13; and herpes zoster vaccine). One hundred and fifty females (70.8%) and 62 males (29.2%) met inclusion criteria...
- Williams W, Lu P, O Halloran A, Bridges C, Kim D, Pilishvili T, et al. Vaccination coverage among adults, excluding influenza vaccination - United States, 2013. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64:95-102 pubmed
- Wilson J. In the clinic. Herpes zoster. Ann Intern Med. 2011;154:ITC31-15; quiz ITC316 pubmed publisher..Readers who are interested in these primary resources for more detail can consult www.acponline.org, http://pier.acponline.org, and other resources referenced within each issue of In the Clinic. ..