Summary: Vaccines or candidate vaccines used to prevent infection with DENGUE VIRUS. These include live-attenuated, subunit, DNA, and inactivated vaccines.
- . Meeting of the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on immunization, April 2016 – conclusions and recommendations. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2016;91:266-84 pubmed
- Valdes I, Marcos E, Suzarte E, Pérez Y, Brown E, Lazo L, et al. A dose-response study in mice of a tetravalent vaccine candidate composed of domain III-capsid proteins from dengue viruses. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2247-2256 pubmed publisher..This study provides new information about the functionality of Tetra DIIIC as a vaccine candidate and also supports the crucial role of cell-mediated immunity in protection against dengue virus. ..
- Schmidt A, Lin L, Martinez L, Ruck R, Eckels K, Collard A, et al. Phase 1 Randomized Study of a Tetravalent Dengue Purified Inactivated Vaccine in Healthy Adults in the United States. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1325-1337 pubmed publisher..In the nine subjects where boosting was evaluated, a strong anamnestic response was observed. These results support continuation of the clinical development of this dengue vaccine candidate (clinicaltrials.gov: NCT01666652). ..
- . Addendum to report of the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS), 10-11 June 2015¹. Safety of CYD-TDV dengue vaccine. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2015;90:421-3 pubmed
- World Health Organization -. Dengue vaccine: WHO position paper, July 2016 - recommendations. Vaccine. 2017;35:1200-1201 pubmed publisher..Recommendations on the use of this dengue vaccine were discussed by SAGE in April 2016; evidence presented at that SAGE meeting can be accessed at: http://www.who.int/immunization/sage/previous/en/index.html...
- Bischof G, Magnani D, Ricciardi M, Shin Y, Domingues A, Bailey V, et al. Use of a Recombinant Gamma-2 Herpesvirus Vaccine Vector against Dengue Virus in Rhesus Monkeys. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the potential utility of recombinant herpesviruses as vaccine vectors. ..
- Halstead S. Achieving safe, effective, and durable Zika virus vaccines: lessons from dengue. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:e378-e382 pubmed publisher..T-cell immunity might be an essential component of safe, efficacious, and durable Zika virus vaccines. ..
- Magnani D, Silveira C, Ricciardi M, Gonzalez Nieto L, Pedreño Lopez N, Bailey V, et al. Potent Plasmablast-Derived Antibodies Elicited by the National Institutes of Health Dengue Vaccine. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the isolation of potent (Neut50 < 0.1 ?g/ml) nAbs from a DENV-seropositive volunteer immunized with the tetravalent vaccine Butantan-DV, which is currently in phase III trials. ..
- Muthusamy K, Gopinath K, Nandhini D. Computational prediction of immunodominant antigenic regions & potential protective epitopes for dengue vaccination. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:587-591 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the immunodominant antigenic region (VDRGWGNGCGLFGKG) and 15 potential epitopes may be considered for use in dengue vaccines.
- Fitzpatrick C, Haines A, Bangert M, Farlow A, Hemingway J, Velayudhan R. An economic evaluation of vector control in the age of a dengue vaccine. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005785 pubmed publisher..High-burden endemic countries should proceed to map populations to be covered by sustained vector control. ..