Genomes and Genes
Summary: The movement and the forces involved in the movement of the blood through the CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM.
- Miro O, Gil V, Martín Sánchez F, Herrero Puente P, Jacob J, Mebazaa A, et al. Morphine Use in the ED and Outcomes of Patients With Acute Heart Failure: A Propensity Score-Matching Analysis Based on the EAHFE Registry. Chest. 2017;152:821-832 pubmed publisher..79). This propensity score-matched analysis suggests that the use of IV morphine in AHF could be associated with increased 30-day mortality. ..
- Duburcq T, Favory R, Mathieu D, Hubert T, Mangalaboyi J, Gmyr V, et al. Hypertonic sodium lactate improves fluid balance and hemodynamics in porcine endotoxic shock. Crit Care. 2014;18:467 pubmed publisher..Endotoxin infusion resulted in hypodynamic shock. At 300 min, hemodynamics and oxygenation were significantly enhanced in HSL group: mean arterial pressure (103 [81-120] mmHg vs...
- Serpa Neto A, Nassar A, Cardoso S, Manetta J, Pereira V, Espósito D, et al. Vasopressin and terlipressin in adult vasodilatory shock: a systematic review and meta-analysis of nine randomized controlled trials. Crit Care. 2012;16:R154 pubmed publisher..92). Vasopressin use in vasodilatory shock is safe, associated with reduced mortality, and facilitates weaning of catecholamines. In patients with septic shock, use of vasopressin compared with norepinephrine may also decrease mortality. ..
- Ngan Kee W, Tam Y, Khaw K, Ng F, Lee S. Closed-Loop Feedback Computer-Controlled Phenylephrine for Maintenance of Blood Pressure During Spinal Anesthesia for Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Trial Comparing Automated Boluses Versus Infusion. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:117-123 pubmed publisher..The use of intermittent boluses may be a useful alternative in the design of closed-loop vasopressor systems. ..
- Xu M, Xu M, Han L, Yuan C, Mei Y, Zhang H, et al. Role for Functional SOD2 Polymorphism in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in a Chinese Population. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..There is significant association between SOD rs4880 polymorphism and the PAH susceptibility, and this polymorphism influenced PAH susceptibility by altering the expression of SOD2. ..
- Grabowski T, Pasławska U, Poźniak B, Świtała M. Models describing metronidazole pharmacokinetics in relation to hemodynamics in turkeys. Res Vet Sci. 2017;112:167-171 pubmed publisher..This study proposed a model for the analysis of the relations HD?BW and HD?PK. Models developed in this study provide empirical evidence that HD affect the PK of MTZ and MTZ-OH in a different fashion. ..
- Wang Y, Yu W, Li Y, Wang H. Emergent Endovascular Repair of Challenging Aortocaval Fistula With Hostile Anatomy. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:255-260 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ACF is a rare but a fatal condition. Acute cases and chronic cases with instable hemodynamics need urgent diagnosis and surgical intervention...
- Min Z, Shan H, Xu L, Yan S, Sheng X, Ji J, et al. Spontaneous isolated dissection and atherosclerotic plaques of superior mesenteric artery: the vastly different occurrence site suggests the opposite haemodynamic aetiology. Br J Radiol. 2017;90:20170178 pubmed publisher..The vastly different sites of SIDSMA and atherosclerotic plaque indicate their opposite haemodynamic aetiology. Advances in knowledge: By comparing the location of the two diseases, we demonstrate their different haemodynamic causes. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang J, Liu Y, Liu J, Wang X, Xu Q, et al. Cardioprotective effects of oxymatrine on isoproterenol-induced heart failure via regulation of DDAH/ADMA metabolism pathway in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2014;745:29-35 pubmed..These results manifested that preventive oxymatrine could ameliorate the hypertrophy and dysfunction of left ventricle of rats with heart failure, which is attributed to modulation of DDAH/ADMA metabolism pathway by oxymatrine. ..
- Chen Y, Xiong Y, Jiang W, Yan F, Guo M, Wang Q, et al. Numerical simulation on the effects of drug eluting stents at different Reynolds numbers on hemodynamic and drug concentration distribution. Biomed Eng Online. 2015;14 Suppl 1:S16 pubmed publisherThe changes of hemodynamics and drug concentration distribution caused by the implantation of drug eluting stents (DESs) in curved vessels have significant effects on In-Stent Restenosis...
- Song X, Li G, Qiao A, Chen Z. Association of simultaneously measured four-limb blood pressures with cardiovascular function: a cross-sectional study. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:147 pubmed publisher..Hence, simultaneous measurement of four-limb blood pressures has become feasible and useful approach to the non-invasive diagnostic method of cardiovascular disease in primary care. ..
- Li J, Tian X, Wang Z, Xiong J, Fan Y, Deng X, et al. Influence of endoleak positions on the pressure shielding ability of stent-graft after endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:135 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that the influence of endoleaks on pressure shielding ability of stent-graft was both location and time specific. ..
- Fontaine E, Orban J, Ichai C. Hyperosmolar sodium-lactate in the ICU: vascular filling and cellular feeding. Crit Care. 2014;18:599 pubmed publisher..9% NaCl for resuscitation in this model. However, some parameters were more effectively corrected by hypertonic sodium-lactate than by hypertonic sodium-bicarbonate, suggesting that lactate metabolism was beneficial in these cases. ..
- Oblak E, Lewis Peacock J, Sulzer J. Self-regulation strategy, feedback timing and hemodynamic properties modulate learning in a simulated fMRI neurofeedback environment. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005681 pubmed publisher..When feedback was delayed and blurred based on the hemodynamics of fMRI, this model learned more reliably from intermittent feedback compared to continuous feedback...
- Chen J, Pu Y, Zhang Z, Yu X, Yang Z. Detection of Hemodynamically Significant Coronary Artery Stenosis With CT Enhancement Ratio: A Validation Study in a Porcine Model. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:103-109 pubmed publisher..The CT enhancement ratio may have potential for use as an imaging biomarker for the relative quantitative assessment of myocardial perfusion. ..
- Lareyre F, Raffort J, Weill C, Marsé C, Suissa L, Chikande J, et al. Patterns of Acute Ischemic Strokes After Carotid Endarterectomy and Therapeutic Implications. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:485-490 pubmed publisher..Immediate characterization of the cerebral lesion by postoperative brain MRI is of utmost importance because it may rapidly identify patients eligible for treatments such as mechanical thrombectomy. ..
- Emond J, Goodrich N, Pomposelli J, Baker T, Humar A, Grant D, et al. Hepatic Hemodynamics and Portal Flow Modulation: The A2ALL Experience. Transplantation. 2017;101:2375-2384 pubmed publisher..0%) right lobes, 40 (14.6%) left lobes, and 1 (0.5%) left lateral section. Hepatic hemodynamics were recorded after reperfusion. A total of 57 portal flow modulations were performed on 52 subjects...
- Naito N, Nishimura T, Iizuka K, Fujii Y, Takewa Y, Umeki A, et al. Novel Rotational Speed Modulation System Used With Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1488-1495 pubmed publisher..Our system enabled an increase in coronary arterial flow and a decrease in LV work load and afterload during VA-ECMO. The system offers the effects of VA-ECMO and an IABP in a single device. ..
- Legrand M, Dupuis C, Simon C, Gayat E, Mateo J, Lukaszewicz A, et al. Association between systemic hemodynamics and septic acute kidney injury in critically ill patients: a retrospective observational study. Crit Care. 2013;17:R278 pubmed publisherThe role of systemic hemodynamics in the pathogenesis of septic acute kidney injury (AKI) has received little attention...
- Baraka A. Perioperative hemodynamic crisis in undiagnosed pheochromocytoma patient--undergoing incidental surgery. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2012;21:663-4 pubmed
- Keller E, Kulik L, Stankovic Z, Lewandowski R, Salem R, Carr J, et al. JOURNAL CLUB: Four-Dimensional Flow MRI-Based Splenic Flow Index for Predicting Cirrhosis-Associated Hypersplenism. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017;209:46-54 pubmed publisher..Unenhanced 4D flow MRI was used to assess abdominal hemodynamics, and splenic volumes were measured on T1-weighted gradient-recalled echo MRI...
- Bashore T, Balter S, Barac A, Byrne J, Cavendish J, Chambers C, et al. 2012 American College of Cardiology Foundation/Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions expert consensus document on cardiac catheterization laboratory standards update: A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task F. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:2221-305 pubmed publisher
- Benov A, Yaslowitz O, Hakim T, Amir Keret R, Nadler R, Brand A, et al. The effect of blood transfusion on compensatory reserve: A prospective clinical trial. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:S71-S76 pubmed publisher..36. This study demonstrated that CRM is more sensitive to changes in blood volume than traditional vital signs are and could be used to monitor and assess resuscitation of actively bleeding patients. Care management, level II. ..
- Hsu C, Roan J, Wang J, Huang C, Shih C, Chen J, et al. Hemodynamic, biological, and right ventricular functional changes following intraatrial shunt repair in patients with flow-induced pulmonary hypertension. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017;12:533-539 pubmed publisher..Closure of defects may serve as a valid, reliable model to obtain a deeper understanding of the modulation of endothelial progenitor cell activity and its relationship with pulmonary hypertension prognosis. ..
- Collins Ii R, Collins M, Schmitz M, Hamrick J. Peri-procedural risk stratification and management of patients with Williams syndrome. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017;12:133-142 pubmed publisher..In addition, an expanded risk stratification system for anesthetic administration is provided. ..
- Takasu K, Miyazaki T, Negoro K, Yatsu S, Shimizu M, Murata A, et al. Successful Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure Due to Severe Aortic Valve Stenosis With Low Dose Tolvaptan in Elderly Patients. Int Heart J. 2017;58:378-384 pubmed publisher..In elderly patients with severe AS, TLV treatment improved CHF without hemodynamic instability. Further prospective studies are needed to assess the safety and efficacy of TLV in decompensated heart failure due to severe AS. ..
- Bhatt A, Al Hakim R, Benenati J. Techniques and Devices for Catheter-Directed Therapy in Pulmonary Embolism. Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017;20:185-192 pubmed publisher..This article describes available devices and endovascular techniques used to treat patients with massive and submassive acute PE...
- Chung H, Ko S, Hwang H, So Y, Yi J, Lee E. Diagnostic Performance of Coronary CT Angiography, Stress Dual-Energy CT Perfusion, and Stress Perfusion Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography for Coronary Artery Disease: Comparison with Combined Invasive Coronary Angiography and Stress Perfusi. Korean J Radiol. 2017;18:476-486 pubmed publisher..71 ± 0.11, and 0.70 ± 0.11, respectively. The combination of CCTA and DE-CTP enhances specificity without a loss of sensitivity for detecting hemodynamically significant coronary artery stenosis, as defined by combined ICA and SP-CMR. ..
- Bonderman D, Pretsch I, Steringer Mascherbauer R, Jansa P, Rosenkranz S, Tufaro C, et al. Acute hemodynamic effects of riociguat in patients with pulmonary hypertension associated with diastolic heart failure (DILATE-1): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-dose study. Chest. 2014;146:1274-1285 pubmed publisher..In patients with HFpEF and PH, riociguat was well tolerated, had no significant effect on mPAP, and improved exploratory hemodynamic and echocardiographic parameters. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT01172756; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Obokata M, Reddy Y, Pislaru S, Melenovsky V, Borlaug B. Evidence Supporting the Existence of a Distinct Obese Phenotype of Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Circulation. 2017;136:6-19 pubmed publisher..Obesity-related HFpEF is a genuine form of cardiac failure and a clinically relevant phenotype that may require specific treatments. ..
- Liu Y, Cao W, Liu Y, Wang Y, Lang R, Yue Y, et al. Changes in duration of action of rocuronium following decrease in hepatic blood flow during pneumoperitoneum for laparoscopic gynaecological surgery. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:45 pubmed publisher..Less rocuronium could be required to achieve a desirable NMB in laparoscopic gynaecological surgery. ChiCTR. Registry number: ChiCTR-OPN-15007524 . Date of registration: December 4, 2015. ..
- Ferrari E, Roduit C, Salamin P, Caporali E, Demertzis S, Tozzi P, et al. Rapid-deployment aortic valve replacement versus standard bioprosthesis implantation. J Card Surg. 2017;32:322-327 pubmed publisher..Intuity valves showed lower gradients compared to Perimount valves with the same mean size. Paravalvular leaks identified at the time of implantation in Intuity valves need to be addressed at the time of surgery. ..
- Rong S, Wang X, Zhang C, Song Z, Cui L, He X, et al. Transplantation of HGF gene-engineered skeletal myoblasts improve infarction recovery in a rat myocardial ischemia model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175807 pubmed publisher..HGF engineering improves the regenerative effect of skeletal myoblasts on MI by enhancing their survival and engraftment ability. ..
- Zoller J, He J, Ballew A, Orr W, Flynn B. Novel use of a noninvasive hemodynamic monitor in a personalized, active learning simulation. Adv Physiol Educ. 2017;41:266-269 pubmed publisher..Changes in medical knowledge concerning physiology were examined with a pre-and posttest. Simply by observation of one's own hemodynamic variables, the understanding of complex physiological concepts was significantly enhanced. ..
- Dumans Nizard V, Le Guen M, Sage E, Chazot T, Fischler M, Liu N. Thoracic Epidural Analgesia With Levobupivacaine Reduces Remifentanil and Propofol Consumption Evaluated by Closed-Loop Titration Guided by the Bispectral Index: A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:635-642 pubmed publisher..46; levo versus saline group, respectively). Epidurally administered levobupivacaine allowed a decrease by one-third of remifentanil requirement. After stroke volume optimization, major arterial hypotension was similar between groups. ..
- Elmi Sarabi M, Deschamps A, Delisle S, Ased H, Haddad F, Lamarche Y, et al. Aerosolized Vasodilators for the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in Cardiac Surgical Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:393-402 pubmed publisher..This review does not support any benefit compared to placebo on major outcomes. Further investigation is warranted in this area of research and should focus on clinically significant outcomes. ..
- Shi Y, Zhu M, Chang Y, Qiao H, Liu Y. The risk of stanford type-A aortic dissection with different tear size and location: a numerical study. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:128 pubmed publisherThis study is to investigate the influence of hemodynamics on Stanford type-A aortic dissection with different tear size and location, to provide some support for the relationships between the risks (rupture, reverse tearing and further ..
- Al Tmimi L, Devroe S, Dewinter G, Van de Velde M, Poortmans G, Meyns B, et al. Xenon as an Adjuvant to Propofol Anesthesia in Patients Undergoing Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery: A Pragmatic Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:1118-1128 pubmed publisher..048). Other outcomes and safety parameters were similar in both groups. Thirty percent xenon added to propofol anesthesia improves hemodynamic stability by decreasing norepinephrine requirements in patients undergoing OPCAB surgery. ..
- Staels B. Cardiovascular Protection by Sodium Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitors: Potential Mechanisms. Am J Med. 2017;130:S30-S39 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the main hypotheses suggested to date. ..
- Andrié R, Becher U, Frommold R, Tiyerili V, Schrickel J, Nickenig G, et al. Interleukin-6 is the strongest predictor of 30-day mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock due to myocardial infarction. Crit Care. 2012;16:R152 pubmed publisher..In patients with MI complicated by CS, IL-6 represented a reliable independent early prognostic marker of 30-day mortality. PCT revealed a significant value at later points in time, whereas Nt-proBNP seemed to be of lower relevance. ..
- Yang L, Wang H, Wei F, Ma L. Evaluation of acute normovolemic hemodilution in patients undergoing intracranial meningioma resection: A quasi-experimental trial. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8093 pubmed publisher..For patients undergoing excision of intracranial meningioma, ANH is an effective procedure to reduce the need for allogeneic transfusions. ..
- Burkhardt J, Chen X, Winkler E, Cooke D, Kim H, Lawton M. Delayed Venous Drainage in Ruptured Arteriovenous Malformations Based on Quantitative Color-Coded Digital Subtraction Angiography. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:619-627 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are needed to determine the predictive power of these measurements. ..