Summary: The susceptibility of CAPILLARIES, under conditions of increased stress, to leakage.
- Bujan J, Pascual G, Garcia Honduvilla N, Gimeno M, Jurado F, Carrera San Martin A, et al. Rapid thawing increases the fragility of the cryopreserved arterial wall. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2000;20:13-20 pubmed..Both increased expression of wall-degradative enzymes and accumulation of liquid may contribute to graft failure after implantation. ..
- McGurk M, Dinsdale R. A comparison of template bleeding time with mucosal petechiometry as a measure of the platelet function defect induced by aspirin. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1991;29:173-5 pubmed..The results indicated that mucosal petechiometry did not measure the haemostatic defect induced by aspirin and that aspirin-induced alterations in platelet function were not important in the development of petechiae in healthy subjects. ..
- Imaizumi T, Honma T, Horita Y, Iihoshi S, Nomura T, Yoshifuji K, et al. Dotlike hemosiderin spots are associated with past hemorrhagic strokes in patients with lacunar infarcts. J Neuroimaging. 2005;15:157-63 pubmed..Our findings suggest that many deep dotHSs on T2(*)-weighted magnetic resonance imaging may be correlated with deep ICH-lacunar infarction type of SVD recurrence but not lacunar infarction-lacunar infarction type. ..
- Godfraind T. Effect of a flavonoid preparation (S 5682) on experimental capillary permeability increase in rat paw and rabbit skin. Int Angiol. 1988;7:17-9 pubmed..The above experimental results indicate that S 5682 is acting at the venous side of the microcirculation. ..
- Hickey M, Fraser I. Clinical implications of disturbances of uterine vascular morphology and function. Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2000;14:937-51 pubmed..Improved understanding of the regulation of the uterine vasculature is likely to lead to targeted therapies to prevent unscheduled vascular breakdown and to control menstrual disturbance at an endometrial level. ..
- Jørgensen J, Pedersen S, Ingerslev J, Møller J, Skakkebaek N, Christiansen J. Growth hormone (GH) therapy in GH-deficient patients, the plasma factor VIII-von Willebrand factor complex, and capillary fragility. A double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1990;50:417-20 pubmed..therapy with biosynthetic human GH in 22 GH-deficient adults on circulating haemostatic parameters and capillary fragility. A non-significant increase in the plasma levels of von Willebrand factor antigen (p = 0...
- Oki S, Desaki J, Matsuda Y, Shibata T, Okumura H. Capillaries with fenestrations around regenerating muscle fibers in the soleus muscle of the dystrophic (dy) mouse. J Orthop Sci. 1998;3:67-70 pubmed
- Ascione R, Gomes W, Bates M, Shannon J, Pope F, Angelini G. Emergency repair of type A aortic dissection in type IV Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Cardiovasc Surg. 2000;8:75-8 pubmed..The authors report the treatment of a ruptured type A aortic dissection associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome where the extreme fragility of the tissues and tendency to bleed posed a difficult task for the surgeon. ..
- Tomson C, Channon S, Parkinson I, McArdle P, Qureshi M, Ward M, et al. Correction of subclinical ascorbate deficiency in patients receiving dialysis: effects on plasma oxalate, serum cholesterol, and capillary fragility. Clin Chim Acta. 1989;180:255-64 pubmedWhole blood ascorbate, plasma oxalate, serum cholesterol, and capillary fragility were measured at monthly intervals for 3 mth in 7 patients receiving continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and 4 receiving haemodialysis, to whom ..
- Wilson M, Barr C, Gamel J, Cyrus J, Lynch T. Evaluation of the tourniquet test as a predictor of diabetic retinopathy. J Diabet Complications. 1991;5:221-4 pubmed..The tourniquet test is a method of assessing diabetic capillary fragility that has been felt to reliably correlate with background and proliferative diabetic retinopathy...
- Gregory C, Lorenzi O, Colón L, García A, Santiago L, Rivera R, et al. Utility of the tourniquet test and the white blood cell count to differentiate dengue among acute febrile illnesses in the emergency room. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1400 pubmed publisher..However, even during simultaneous AFI outbreaks, the absence of leucopenia combined with a negative tourniquet test may be useful to rule out dengue. ..
- Syrbe G, Schroder H, Keil E, Jütte A. [Multivariate analysis for the understanding of typical diabetic hemostasis criteria. 3. Determination of a typical retinopathy parameter-constellation]. Folia Haematol Int Mag Klin Morphol Blutforsch. 1990;117:731-7 pubmed..cholesterol in the serum, serum protein, sialic acid per protein volume, total cholesterol in the serum and capillary fragility and number of large spreading forms of platelets features of hemostasis...
- Cabrales P, Vázquez B, Tsai A, Intaglietta M. Microvascular and capillary perfusion following glycocalyx degradation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:2251-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the decrease in the glycocalyx leads to capillary perfusion impairments. ..
- Kassissia I, Rose C, Goresky C, Schwab A, Bach G, Guirguis S. Flow-limited tracer oxygen distribution in the isolated perfused rat liver: effects of temperature and hematocrit. Hepatology. 1992;16:763-75 pubmed
- Czerwonka L, Jiang J, Tao C. Vocal nodules and edema may be due to vibration-induced rises in capillary pressure. Laryngoscope. 2008;118:748-52 pubmed publisher..More vibratory amplitude measurements need to be performed in a wider range of subjects before the full range of human vocal fold vascular pressures can be estimated. ..
- Hinsch N, Kriener S, Ritter R, Holzer K. Fatal haemorrhage due to extensive fragility of medium- and large-sized arteries and veins in a young patient with neurofibromatosis 1. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2008;17:108-12 pubmed publisher..In rare cases, NF1 is associated with a severe systemic vasculopathy concerning the arterial and venous vascular system. ..
- Wang X, Shen H, Liu Z. Diffuse haemorrhagic bullous amyloidosis with multiple myeloma. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2008;33:94-6 pubmed
- Ventrice E, Martí Sistac O, Gonzalvo R, Villagra A, Lopez Aguilar J, Blanch L. [Molecular and biophysical mechanisms and modulation of ventilator-induced lung injury]. Med Intensiva. 2007;31:73-82 pubmed..Knowledge of the mechanisms involved in VILI is definitive for a better approach to this condition. ..
- Miller D, Li P, Armstrong W. The effect of time and of vasoactive drugs on capillary leakage induced during myocardial contrast echocardiography. Echocardiography. 2004;21:125-32 pubmed..Contrary to the hypothesis of a physiological mechanism, the capillary leakage appears to be primarily a mechanical effect rather than a physiological response. ..
- Beran M, Stigendal L, Petruson B. Haemostatic disorders in habitual nose-bleeders. J Laryngol Otol. 1987;101:1020-8 pubmed..This indicates that abnormal vessels and haemostatic disorders in habitual nose-bleeders, it is possible to detect previously unknown but clinically important disorders. ..
- AndrÃ© R, Gabrielli A, Laffitte E, Kherad O. [Atypical scurvy associated with anorexia nervosa]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2017;144:125-129 pubmed publisher..and feet are atypical in scurvy; however, this diagnosis was confirmed by the existence of purpura evoking capillary fragility, the patient's drastically low vitamin C level and the rapid subsidence of symptoms following treatment ..
- Clemetson C. Elevated blood histamine caused by vaccinations and Vitamin C deficiency may mimic the shaken baby syndrome. Med Hypotheses. 2004;62:533-6 pubmed..A combination of ascorbate depletion and the injection of foreign proteins can cause a very high blood histamine level, leading to capillary fragility and venular bleeding. This can be prevented by the administration of vitamin C.
- ..The capillaries conform to the general biological rule that tissue adapts its structure to carry out its required function. ..
- Szolnoky G, Nagy N, Kovács R, Dosa Racz E, Szabo A, Bársony K, et al. Complex decongestive physiotherapy decreases capillary fragility in lipedema. Lymphology. 2008;41:161-6 pubmed..Hematoma development may be caused by altered capillary resistance (CR) or altered capillary fragility (CF)...
- Galley P, Thiollet M. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a new veno-active flavonoid fraction (S 5682) in the treatment of symptomatic capillary fragility. Int Angiol. 1993;12:69-72 pubmed..of micronized diosmin (90%) and hesperidin (10%) have been studied in 100 patients with symptomatic capillary fragility in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial...
- Bical O, Deleuze P. Alternative to the bentall procedure for elderly patients with aortic root aneurysms. J Card Surg. 2013;28:554-6 pubmed publisher..The technique described avoids the proximal anastomosis of the graft and avoids the coronary reimplantations of the Bentall procedure which are still a potential risk of bleeding particularly in elderly patients. ..
- Albayram S, Kizilkilic O, Yilmaz H, Tuysuz B, Kocer N, Islak C. Abnormalities in the cerebral arterial system in osteogenesis imperfecta. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003;24:748-50 pubmed..After a literature review, these findings were interpreted as vasculopathic changes secondary to vascular fragility caused by the collagen abnormality in OI. ..
- Cesarone M, Ricci A, Di Renzo A, Belcaro G, Dugall M. Efficacy of topical treatment with aescin + essential phospholipids gel on capillary fragility. Angiology. 2004;55 Suppl 1:S23-5 pubmedThe aim of this efficacy study was to evaluate local capillary fragility with the vacuum suction chamber (VSC) in patients with chronic venous hypertension due to chronic venous disease...
- Longo F, Di Leo G, Lepore L, Pennesi M. [Vascular hyperfragility in systemic lupus erythematosus treated with low doses of cortisone]. Pediatr Med Chir. 1995;17:535-7 pubmed
- Knight S, Vogensen H, Haase L, Jørgensen B. Caring for patients with difficult-to-heal ulcers. Br J Community Nurs. 2008;13:S39-40, S42, S44-6 pubmed
- Neal C, Michel C. Openings in frog microvascular endothelium induced by high intravascular pressures. J Physiol. 1996;492 ( Pt 1):39-52 pubmed..It is suggested that these may correspond to the increased permeability to fluid and macromolecules observed at high microvascular pressures in intact capillary beds. ..
- Grundmann J, Bonnekoh B, Gollnick H. Extensive haemorrhagic-bullous skin manifestation of systemic AA-amyloidosis associated with IgGlambda-myeloma. Eur J Dermatol. 2000;10:139-42 pubmed
- Birks E, Mathieu Costello O, Fu Z, Tyler W, West J. Comparative aspects of the strength of pulmonary capillaries in rabbit, dog, and horse. Respir Physiol. 1994;97:235-46 pubmed..However, other factors may also be important in determining the strength of the BGB. ..
- Greenwalt T, McGuinness C, Dumaswala U. Studies in red blood cell preservation: 4. Plasma vesicle hemoglobin exceeds free hemoglobin. Vox Sang. 1991;61:14-7 pubmed..The DEHP that leaches into the plasma has been shown to decrease hemolysis, microvesiculation, and the increase in osmotic fragility which RBC undergo during refrigerated storage [2-9].(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Sapp B, Brown A, Kosseifi S. Do no harm to the arm!: hypertension and unilateral hand rash. South Med J. 2007;100:335-6 pubmed
- Bamigboye A, Hofmeyr G. Interventions for leg edema and varicosities in pregnancy. What evidence?. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2006;129:3-8 pubmed..However, it is not known if the drug is safe in pregnancy. External pneumatic compression appears to reduce ankle swelling and compression stockings reduce leg symptoms but not varicose veins. ..
- Lava S, Milani G, Fossali E, Simonetti G, Agostoni C, Bianchetti M. Cutaneous Manifestations of Small-Vessel Leukocytoclastic Vasculitides in Childhood. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2017;53:439-451 pubmed publisher..Henoch-Schönlein children often present further cutaneous findings such as Köbnerization, Rumpel-Leede capillary fragility phenomenon, and blistering eruptions...
- Gomez Villamandos J, Ruiz Villamor E, Bautista M, Quezada M, Sanchez C, Salguero F, et al. Pathogenesis of classical swine fever: renal haemorrhages and erythrodiapedesis. J Comp Pathol. 2000;123:47-54 pubmed..The results suggested that mast cell degranulation was linked to activation of the complement system. ..
- Fuchs U, Tinius W, Gonschorek S, vom Scheidt J. [Increased capillary vulnerability in diabetic retinopathy]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 1988;192:234-6 pubmed..Whether the local loss of cells in the microcirculation of diabetics occurs primarily in vivo or is only unmasked in vitro manifesting pre-existing cellular damage is discussed. ..
- Syrbe G, Schroder H, Keil E, Jütte A. [Multivariate analysis for the understanding of typical diabetic hemostasis criteria. 2. Prevalent thrombocytic markers]. Folia Haematol Int Mag Klin Morphol Blutforsch. 1990;117:725-9 pubmed..to haemoglobin A1 concentration, thrombocyte parameters have been found together with the degree of capillary fragility, adrenalin-induced aggregation, platelet aggregation test and clot retraction, which allow individuals to ..
- Fischer C, Wohrle J, Pastor J, Morgenroth K, Senge T. [Extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy induced ultrastructural changes to the renal parenchyma under aspirin use. Electron microscopic findings in the rat kidney]. Urologe A. 2007;46:150-5 pubmed..ESWL can induce modest as well as fatal damage to renal tissue cells. Therefore, after an ESWL-induced hematoma a second ESWL should not be performed within 1 week of the first treatment. ..