cardiovascular physiological phenomena
Summary: Processes and properties of the CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM as a whole or of any of its parts.
- Piano M. Cannabis Smoking and Cardiovascular Health: It's Complicated. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:191-193 pubmed publisher..The aim of this article is to summarize the effects of cannabis smoking on the vasculature and occurrence of cardiovascular (CV) events such as myocardial infarction (MI) and stroke. ..
- Shekerdemian L, Bohn D. Cardiovascular effects of mechanical ventilation. Arch Dis Child. 1999;80:475-80 pubmed
- Boldyrev A, Aldini G, Derave W. Physiology and pathophysiology of carnosine. Physiol Rev. 2013;93:1803-45 pubmed publisher..are required to gain a full understanding of the function and applications of this intriguing molecule. ..
- Zausig Y, Chappell D, Becker B, Potschka D, Busse H, Nixdorf K, et al. The impact of crystalloidal and colloidal infusion preparations on coronary vascular integrity, interstitial oedema and cardiac performance in isolated hearts. Crit Care. 2013;17:R203 pubmed publisher..Using colloids prepared in calcium-containing, balanced solutions for volume replacement therapy may attenuate the breakdown of vascular barrier competence in the critically ill. ..
- Lucas Herald A, Alves Lopes R, Montezano A, Ahmed S, Touyz R. Genomic and non-genomic effects of androgens in the cardiovascular system: clinical implications. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1405-1418 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on evidence indicating that interplay between genomic and non-genomic actions of testosterone may influence cardiovascular function. ..
- Folkow B. Physiological aspects of primary hypertension. Physiol Rev. 1982;62:347-504 pubmed
- Ilmarinen J. Physical load on the cardiovascular system in different work tasks. Scand J Work Environ Health. 1984;10:403-8 pubmed..Peak loads which increase strain to the maximal RAS level are described. The change in RAS with ageing is shown to increase in work tasks which include the production of muscle forces and the coordination of motor functions. ..
- Mosher P, Ross J, MCFATE P, Shaw R. CONTROL OF CORONARY BLOOD FLOW BY AN AUTOREGULATORY MECHANISM. Circ Res. 1964;14:250-9 pubmed
- Pham S, Chilton R. EMPA-REG OUTCOME: The Cardiologist's Point of View. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:S53-S58 pubmed publisher..These concepts and hypotheses are discussed in this report. ..
- Seon J, Lim Y, Lee H, Yoon J, Kim S, Choi S, et al. Cardiovascular health status between standard and nonstandard workers in Korea. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178395 pubmed publisher..Policies to reduce employment insecurity and encourage nonstandard employees to receive health screening services should be prioritized. ..
- Evans D. Cardiovascular adaptations to exercise and training. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 1985;1:513-31 pubmed..More effective redistribution of cardiac output to muscles by increased capillarization and more efficient oxygen diffusion to cells may also be an important means of increasing oxygen uptake after training. ..
- Bestetti R, Restini C, Couto L. Development of anatomophysiologic knowledge regarding the cardiovascular system: from Egyptians to Harvey. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2014;103:538-45 pubmed publisher..Following these developments, Harvey described blood circulation. ..
- Sherman T. On connecting large vessels to small. The meaning of Murray's law. J Gen Physiol. 1981;78:431-53 pubmed..In homogeneous, full-flow sets of vessels, a relation is also established between vessel radius and the conductance, resistance, and cross-sectional area of a full-flow set. ..
- Biagini S, Dale C, Real J, Moreira E, Carvalho C, Schettino G, et al. Short-term effects of stored homologous red blood cell transfusion on cardiorespiratory function and inflammation: an experimental study in a hypovolemia model. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;51:e6258 pubmed publisher..Thus, stored homologous RBC transfusion in a hypovolemia model improved cardiovascular parameters but did not induce significant effects on microcirculation, pulmonary inflammation and respiratory function up to 6 h after transfusion...
- Gamel J, Rousseau W, Katholi C, Mesel E. Pitfalls in digital computation of the impulse response of vascular beds from indicator-dilution curves. Circ Res. 1973;32:516-23 pubmed
- Dupont J, Jaffe I. 30 YEARS OF THE MINERALOCORTICOID RECEPTOR: The role of the mineralocorticoid receptor in the vasculature. J Endocrinol. 2017;234:T67-T82 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the precise molecular mechanisms by which MR contributes to these processes will aid in the identification of novel therapeutic targets to reduce cardiovascular disease (CVD)-related morbidity and mortality. ..
- McEwen B. Protective and damaging effects of stress mediators. N Engl J Med. 1998;338:171-9 pubmed
- Pham S, Chilton R. EMPA-REG OUTCOME: The Cardiologist's Point of View. Am J Med. 2017;130:S57-S62 pubmed publisher..These concepts and hypotheses are discussed in this report. ..
- Azhibekov T, Noori S, Soleymani S, Seri I. Transitional cardiovascular physiology and comprehensive hemodynamic monitoring in the neonate: relevance to research and clinical care. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014;19:45-53 pubmed
- Lakatta E. Cardiovascular aging research: the next horizons. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1999;47:613-25 pubmed
- Goodman Z, Thomas S, Wald R, Goodman J. Cardiovascular Response to Recreational Hockey in Middle-Aged Men. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:2093-2097 pubmed publisher..Given the progressive and high cardiovascular demands, caution is warranted when estimating the cardiovascular demands of hockey from clinical stress testing, particularly in those whom coronary reserve may be compromised. ..
- Lakatta E. Cardiovascular regulatory mechanisms in advanced age. Physiol Rev. 1993;73:413-67 pubmed
- Bojic T, Radak D, Putnikovic B, Alavantic D, Isenovic E. Methodology of monitoring cardiovascular regulation. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2012;69:1084-90 pubmed