Genomes and Genes
Summary: An anti-inflammatory 9-fluoro-glucocorticoid.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Randomized, sham-controlled trial of dexamethasone intravitreal implant in patients with macular edema due to retinal vein occlusionJulia A Haller
Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 117:1134-1146.e3. 2010To evaluate the safety and efficacy of dexamethasone intravitreal implant (DEX implant; OZURDEX, Allergan, Inc...
- Lenalidomide plus high-dose dexamethasone versus lenalidomide plus low-dose dexamethasone as initial therapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: an open-label randomised controlled trialS Vincent Rajkumar
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:29-37. 2010High-dose dexamethasone is a mainstay of therapy for multiple myeloma. We studied whether low-dose dexamethasone in combination with lenalidomide is non-inferior to and has lower toxicity than high-dose dexamethasone plus lenalidomide.
- Genomic determination of the glucocorticoid response reveals unexpected mechanisms of gene regulationTimothy E Reddy
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, Huntsville, Alabama 35806, USA
Genome Res 19:2163-71. 2009..and measured related changes in gene expression with mRNA sequencing in response to the glucocorticoid dexamethasone (DEX)...
- Modulation of phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils by supernatant from dexamethasone-treated macrophages and annexin-derived peptide Ac(2-26)Paola Maderna
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, The Dublin Molecular Medicine Centre, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Immunol 174:3727-33. 2005..role of endogenous annexin on clearance of apoptotic cells, Mphi were cultured for 5 days in the presence of dexamethasone. Supernatants collected from dexamethasone-treated Mphi significantly enhanced the ability of naive Mphi to ..
- Dexamethasone for the treatment of tuberculous meningitis in adolescents and adultsGuy E Thwaites
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
N Engl J Med 351:1741-51. 2004....
- Phagocytosis and clearance of apoptotic cells is mediated by MERR S Scott
UNC Neuroscience Center, USA
Nature 411:207-11. 2001..Thus, the Mer receptor tyrosine kinase seems to be critical for the engulfment and efficient clearance of apoptotic cells. This has implications for inflammation and autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant for treatment of diabetic macular edema in vitrectomized patientsDavid S Boyer
Retina Vitreous Associates Medical Group, Los Angeles, California, USA
Retina 31:915-23. 2011To evaluate the safety and efficacy of Ozurdex (dexamethasone intravitreal implant) 0.7 mg in the treatment of diabetic macular edema in vitrectomized eyes.
- The combined dexamethasone/CRH Test (DEX/CRH test) and prediction of acute treatment response in major depressionCornelius Schule
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e4324. 2009In this study the predictive value of the combined dexamethasone/CRH test (DEX/CRH test) for acute antidepressant response was investigated.
- A factorial trial of six interventions for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomitingChristian C Apfel
Julius Maximilians Universitat, Wurzburg, Germany
N Engl J Med 350:2441-51. 2004..Although many trials have been conducted, the relative benefits of prophylactic antiemetic interventions given alone or in combination remain unknown...
- The combined dexamethasone/CRH test as a potential surrogate marker in depressionMarcus Ising
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 10, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:1085-93. 2005..in a dysfunctional stress hormone regulation, which can be most sensitively detected with the combined dexamethasone (dex)/corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) test...
- Effects of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin on intraocular pressure in healthy volunteersEdward J Holland
Cincinnati Eye Institute and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cornea 27:50-5. 2008To compare the steroid-induced intraocular pressure (IOP) and other ocular adverse effects of loteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension with those of dexamethasone 0.1% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension.
- Induction of Treg by monocyte-derived DC modulated by vitamin D3 or dexamethasone: differential role for PD-L1Wendy W J Unger
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 39:3147-59. 2009..In this study we compared the tolerizing capacity of dexamethasone (Dex)- and 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (VD3)-modulated DC...
- Nationwide implementation of adjunctive dexamethasone therapy for pneumococcal meningitisM C Brouwer
Department of Neurology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam CINIMA, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 75:1533-9. 2010In this nationwide prospective cohort study, we evaluated the implementation of adjunctive dexamethasone therapy in Dutch adults with pneumococcal meningitis.
- Efficacy of L-asparaginase with methotrexate and dexamethasone (AspaMetDex regimen) in patients with refractory or relapsing extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, a phase 2 studyArnaud Jaccard
Service d Hématologie et de Thérapie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Limoges, Université et Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 6101, Limoges, France
Blood 117:1834-9. 2011..First-line L-asparaginase combination therapy for extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma warrants evaluation in prospective trials. This trial is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00283985...
- Lenalidomide, bortezomib, and dexamethasone combination therapy in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myelomaPaul G Richardson
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 116:679-86. 2010This phase 1/2 study is the first prospective evaluation of lenalidomide-bortezomib-dexamethasone in front-line myeloma. Patients (N = 66) received 3-week cycles (n = 8) of bortezomib 1.0 or 1...
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomitingPaul J Hesketh
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA 02135, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2482-94. 2008
- Combined dexamethasone/corticotropin releasing hormone test predicts treatment response in major depression - a potential biomarker?Marcus Ising
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 62:47-54. 2007Exaggerated corticotropin (ACTH) and cortisol response to the combined dexamethasone (DEX)/corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) test, indicating impaired regulation of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) system, is ..
- Randomized controlled trial of an intravitreous dexamethasone drug delivery system in patients with diabetic macular edemaJulia A Haller
Wills Eye Institute, 840 Walnut St, Ste 1510, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:289-96. 2010To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a dexamethasone intravitreous drug delivery system (DDS) in eyes with diabetic macular edema (DME).
- The role of MAP kinase phosphatase-1 in the protective mechanism of dexamethasone against endotoxemiaXianxi Wang
Center for Perinatal Research, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Ohio, USA
Life Sci 83:671-80. 2008..The specific aim of the present study is to understand the role of Mkp-1 in the anti-inflammatory function of glucocorticoids...
- High-dose melphalan versus melphalan plus dexamethasone for AL amyloidosisArnaud Jaccard
Department of Hematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Université et Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 6101, Limoges, France
N Engl J Med 357:1083-93. 2007....
- Glucocorticoids inhibit MAP kinase via increased expression and decreased degradation of MKP-1O Kassel
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, PO Box 3640, D-76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
EMBO J 20:7108-16. 2001..These results identify MKP-1 as essential for glucocorticoid-mediated control of Erk-1/2 activation and unravel a novel regulatory mechanism for this anti-inflammatory drug...
- Adiponectin, skeletal muscle adiponectin receptor expression and insulin resistance following dexamethasoneChristina Jang
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:745-50. 2008..Skeletal muscle is a major site of adiponectin action and of glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance. Little human data exist however, regarding the impact of exogenous glucocorticoids on adiponectin receptors in skeletal muscle...
- 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 regulates glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscleStuart A Morgan
Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Institute of Biomedical Research, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, U K
Diabetes 58:2506-15. 2009..We aimed to determine the mechanisms underpinning glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle and indentify how 11beta-HSD1 inhibitors improve insulin sensitivity...
- Prenatal programming of rat thick ascending limb chloride transport by low-protein diet and dexamethasoneAmit Dagan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R93-9. 2009Prenatal administration of dexamethasone and a low-protein diet has been shown to result in hypertension in the offspring when they are adults. The cause for the hypertension is unknown...
- L-plastin phosphorylation: a novel target for the immunosuppressive drug dexamethasone in primary human T cellsGuido H Wabnitz
Institute for Immunology, Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:3157-69. 2011..Interestingly, L-plastin phosphorylation is inhibited by the glucocorticoid dexamethasone. In line with this finding, dexamethasone treatment leads to a reduced F-actin content in stimulated T cells ..
- Epinephrine and dexamethasone in children with bronchiolitisAmy C Plint
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa and Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
N Engl J Med 360:2079-89. 2009..Although numerous studies have explored the benefit of using nebulized epinephrine or corticosteroids alone to treat infants with bronchiolitis, the effectiveness of combining these medications is not well established...
- Mechanism of glucocorticoid-induced oxidative stress in rat hippocampal slice culturesJung Man You
Department of Medical Science, Graduate School of East West Medical Science, East West Integrated Medical Science Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Yongin si 446 701, Korea
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 87:440-7. 2009..for ROS, using 2',7'-dichlorodihydrofluorescein diacetate fluorescence, showed that treatment of synthetic GC, dexamethasone (DEX) significantly enhanced ROS levels...
- Deciphering the phosphorylation "code" of the glucocorticoid receptor in vivoZhen Wang
Department of Microbiology, Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26573-80. 2002..Phosphorylation of both residues increased upon treatment with the GR agonist dexamethasone. Using a battery of agonists and antagonists, we found that the transcriptional activity of GR correlated with ..
- A randomized double-blind study comparing rizatriptan, dexamethasone, and the combination of both in the acute treatment of menstrually related migraineMarcelo Bigal
Merck Research Laboratories, Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA
Headache 48:1286-93. 2008To assess the efficacy and tolerability of rizatriptan (RI), dexamethasone (DE), and RI combined with DE (RI+DE) in the acute treatment of menstrually related migraine (MRM).
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone is superior to vincristine plus doxorubicin plus dexamethasone as induction treatment prior to autologous stem-cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: results of the IFM 2005-01 phase III trialJean Luc Harousseau
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes St Herblain, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4621-9. 2010To compare efficacy and safety of bortezomib plus dexamethasone and vincristine plus doxorubicin plus dexamethasone (VAD) as induction before stem-cell transplantation in previously untreated myeloma.
- Dexamethasone with bupivacaine increases duration of analgesia in ultrasound-guided interscalene brachial plexus blockadePeter A Vieira
Department of Anesthesiology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Eur J Anaesthesiol 27:285-8. 2010b>Dexamethasone has been shown to prolong the duration of postoperative analgesia when given as an adjunct for peripheral nerve blocks...
- Mechanism of glucocorticoid protection of airway smooth muscle from proasthmatic effects of long-acting beta2-adrenoceptor agonist exposureGustavo Nino
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:1020-7. 2010..with inhaled glucocorticoids, however, asthma control is improved, raising the following question: Do glucocorticoids inhibit the proasthmatic mechanism that mediates altered contractility in LABA-exposed airway smooth muscle (ASM)?..
- Glucocorticoid receptor activates poised FKBP51 locus through long-distance interactionsVille Paakinaho
Institute of Biomedicine Medical Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 24:511-25. 2010..receptor (GR) in human A549 lung cancer cells showing robust accumulation of FKBP51 mRNA in response to dexamethasone exposure...
- Mapracorat, a novel selective glucocorticoid receptor agonist, inhibits hyperosmolar-induced cytokine release and MAPK pathways in human corneal epithelial cellsMegan E Cavet
Pharmaceutical R and D, Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
Mol Vis 16:1791-800. 2010..This study assessed the anti-inflammatory effects of mapracorat in an in vitro osmotic stress model which mimics some of the pathophysiological changes seen in dry eye...
- The efficacy and safety of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma patients with impaired renal functionMeletios Dimopoulos
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, University of Athens School of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cancer 116:3807-14. 2010..to assess the impact of various degrees of renal dysfunction on safety and efficacy outcomes in a large cohort of patients with relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma who received treatment with lenalidomide plus dexamethasone.
- Therapeutic effect of tolerogenic dendritic cells in established collagen-induced arthritis is associated with a reduction in Th17 responsesJeroen N Stoop
Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arthritis Rheum 62:3656-65. 2010..The aims of this study were to determine the therapeutic action of tolerogenic DCs in a type II collagen-induced arthritis model and to investigate their effects on Th17 cells and other T cell subsets in mice with established arthritis...
- A randomized, double-blind, parallel, comparative study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ramosetron plus dexamethasone injection for the prevention of acute chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomitingChing Liang Ho
Division of Hematology Oncology, Tri Service General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:294-301. 2010To evaluate the efficacy of intravenous ramosetron plus dexamethasone for the prevention of acute chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant for noninfectious intermediate or posterior uveitisCareen Lowder
Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave, i 32, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:545-53. 2011To evaluate the safety and efficacy of 2 doses of dexamethasone intravitreal implant (DEX implant) for treatment of noninfectious intermediate or posterior uveitis.
- Prenatal programming of rat proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchanger by dexamethasoneAmit Dagan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1230-5. 2007Prenatal administration of dexamethasone causes hypertension in rats when they are studied as adults...
- Neonatal dexamethasone treatment for chronic lung disease of prematurity alters the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and immune system activity at school ageRosa Karemaker
Department of Neonatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 121:e870-8. 2008To compare long-term effects of neonatal treatment with dexamethasone or hydrocortisone for chronic lung disease of prematurity on the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and the immune response in children at school age.
- Evaluation of the safety and performance of an applicator for a novel intravitreal dexamethasone drug delivery system for the treatment of macular edemaJulia A Haller
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Retina 29:46-51. 2009Evaluation of safety and performance of an applicator-inserted dexamethasone drug delivery system.
- Finding the optimal postnatal dexamethasone regimen for preterm infants at risk of bronchopulmonary dysplasia: a systematic review of placebo-controlled trialsWes Onland
Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Department of Neonatology, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pediatrics 123:367-77. 2009Postnatal dexamethasone therapy reduces the incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infants but may be associated with an increased risk for adverse neurodevelopmental outcome.
- Effect of dexamethasone on quality of life in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a prospective observational studyMachteld A G de Vries
Department of Paediatrics and Division of Oncology Haematology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:103. 2008..The maintenance phase of the Dutch ALL-9 protocol consisted of alternating two weeks on and five weeks off dexamethasone (6 mg/m(2)/day)...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a sustained-release dexamethasone intravitreal implantJoan En Chang-Lin
Department of Research and Development, Allergan, Inc, Irvine, CA, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:80-6. 2011To determine the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a sustained-release dexamethasone (DEX) intravitreal implant (Ozurdex; Allergan, Inc.).
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation in depressed children and adolescents: a meta-analysisNestor L Lopez-Duran
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Pittsburgh, United States of America
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:1272-83. 2009..We examined: (a) 17 published studies of HPA-axis response to the dexamethasone suppression test (DST) in depressed youth (DST; N=926) and (b) 17 studies of basal HPA-axis functioning (N=..
- Double-blind, randomised, controlled study of the efficacy and tolerability of palonosetron plus dexamethasone for 1 day with or without dexamethasone on days 2 and 3 in the prevention of nausea and vomiting induced by moderately emetogenic chemotherapyM Aapro
Division of Oncology, Institut Multidisciplinaire d Oncologie, Clinique de Genolier, Genolier, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 21:1083-8. 2010..We evaluated the possibility to reduce the total dose of corticosteroids when palonosetron, a long-acting second-generation 5-hydroxytryptamine-3 (5-HT(3)) receptor antagonist, is used...
- Rapid non-genomic inhibition of ATP-induced Cl- secretion by dexamethasone in human bronchial epitheliumV Urbach
INSERM U454, CHU A de Villeneuve, 34295 Montpellier cedex 05, France
J Physiol 545:869-78. 2002A non-genomic antisecretory role for dexamethasone at low concentrations (0.1 nM to1 microM) is described in monolayers of human bronchial epithelial cells in primary culture and in a continuous cell line (16HBE14o- cells)...
- Long-term follow-up on overall survival from the MM-009 and MM-010 phase III trials of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaM A Dimopoulos
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Leukemia 23:2147-52. 2009..placebo-controlled randomized phase III trials that included 704 patients and assessed lenalidomide plus dexamethasone versus dexamethasone plus placebo in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Hyperresponsiveness of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis to combined dexamethasone/corticotropin-releasing hormone challenge in female borderline personality disorder subjects with a history of sustained childhood abuseThomas Rinne
GGZ Buitenamstel, Department of Psychiatry, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 52:1102-12. 2002..METHODS: We investigated the relationship between childhood abuse and HPA axis function using a combined dexamethasone/CRH (DEX/CRH) test in 39 BPD patients with (n = 24) and without (n = 15) sustained childhood abuse and ..
- Dexamethasone conjugated poly(amidoamine) dendrimer as a gene carrier for efficient nuclear translocationJoon Sig Choi
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305-764, South Korea
Int J Pharm 320:171-8. 2006..In this study, a glucocorticoid, dexamethasone, was conjugated to polyamidoamine (PAMAM) dendrimer and the effect of the conjugation was investigated...
- Hydrocortisone and dexamethasone in very deformable drug carriers have increased biological potency, prolonged effect, and reduced therapeutic dosageGregor Cevc
Medizinische Biophysik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, D 81675 Munchen, Deutschland, E U, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1663:61-73. 2004We characterised biological properties of novel formulations of two low-potency glucocorticosteroids, dexamethasone and hydrocortisone, which have an equivalent dose ratio of 1:50 in vasoconstriction tests...
- Assessment of the dexamethasone/CRH test as a state-dependent marker for hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis abnormalities in major depressive episode: a Multicenter StudyHiroshi Kunugi
Department of Psychiatry, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:212-20. 2006..Growing evidence has suggested that the combined dexamethasone (DEX)/corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) test is highly sensitive to detect HPA axis abnormalities...
- Long-term adaptations in glucocorticoid receptor and mineralocorticoid receptor mRNA and negative feedback on the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis following neonatal maternal separationCharlotte O Ladd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:367-75. 2004....
- Dexamethasone decreases neurological sequelae and caspase activityJose Irazuzta
Division of Critical Care Medicine, The Floating Hospital for Children, 750 Washington Street, NEMC 093, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Intensive Care Med 31:146-50. 2005To evaluate the use of dexamethasone in a model of meningitis-induced brain injury. Changes in neurobehavioral performance were the primary outcome variables...
- Hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone and highly active antiretroviral therapy for patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related Burkitt lymphoma/leukemiaJorge Cortes
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 94:1492-9. 2002..investigated the feasibility and efficacy of hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone (hyper-CVAD), a dose-intensive chemotherapy regimen, in patients with AIDS-associated Burkitt lymphoma/..
- Dexamethasone in Vietnamese adolescents and adults with bacterial meningitisThi Hoang Mai Nguyen
Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
N Engl J Med 357:2431-40. 2007It is uncertain whether all adults with bacterial meningitis benefit from treatment with adjunctive dexamethasone.
- Interaction of childhood maltreatment with the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene: effects on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis reactivityAudrey R Tyrka
Mood Disorders Research Program and Laboratory for Clinical Neuroscience, Butler Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:681-5. 2009..This study was conducted to determine whether CRHR1 polymorphisms interact with childhood maltreatment to predict hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis reactivity, which has been linked to both depression and early life stress...
- Depletion of the neural precursor cell pool by glucocorticoidsShuang Yu
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Ann Neurol 67:21-30. 2010..Here we examined the fate of the limited pool of neural progenitor cells (NPCs) after GC administration during neonatal development; the impact of this treatment on hippocampal structure was also studied...
- Adjunctive dexamethasone in bacterial meningitis: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataDiederik van de Beek
Department of Neurology, Centre of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Neurol 9:254-63. 2010b>Dexamethasone improves outcome for some patients with bacterial meningitis, but not others. We aimed to identify which patients are most likely to benefit from dexamethasone treatment.
- Differences in behavioral outcome and motor development at school age after neonatal treatment for chronic lung disease with dexamethasone versus hydrocortisoneRosa Karemaker
Department of Neonatology, Wilhelmina Children's Hospital, University Medical Center, Utrecht, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 60:745-50. 2006Neonatal dexamethasone (DEX) for chronic lung disease is associated with adverse outcome...
- Hypersensitivity and idiosyncratic reactions to oxaliplatinRebecca R Thomas
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, NCI-Navy Medical Oncology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889-5105, USA
Cancer 97:2301-7. 2003..All 3 patients were rechallenged successfully for at least 1 additional oxaliplatin infusion by using oral dexamethasone, 20 mg orally, 6 and 12 hours before the administration of oxaliplatin and by administering intravenously 125 ..
- Secretion of adiponectin and regulation of apM1 gene expression in human visceral adipose tissueC M Halleux
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, University of Louvain, UCL 5530 Avenue Hippocrate, 55, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1102-7. 2001..This regulation could contribute to the decreased apM1/ApN levels in insulin-resistant patients with obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome...
- Glucocorticoids and lithium reciprocally regulate the proliferation of adult dentate gyrus-derived neural precursor cells through GSK-3beta and beta-catenin/TCF pathwayShuken Boku
Department of Psychiatry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:805-15. 2009..culture system of adult rat dentate gyrus-derived neural precursor cells (ADPs) and examined the effects of dexamethasone (DEX), an agonist of glucocorticoids receptor, and Li on ADP proliferation...
- Antiangiogenic effects of dexamethasone in 9L gliosarcoma assessed by MRI cerebral blood volume mapsMichael A Badruddoja
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuro Oncol 5:235-43. 2003Depending on dose, dexamethasone has been shown to inhibit or stimulate growth of rat 9L gliosarcoma and decrease the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), an important mediator of tumor-associated angiogenesis...
- Primary hyperaldosteronism in essential hypertensives: prevalence, biochemical profile, and molecular biologyC E Fardella
Department of Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Chile, Santiago
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:1863-7. 2000..GRA was differentiated from other forms of PA by: the aldosterone suppression test with dexamethasone, the high levels of 18-hydroxycortisol, and the genetic detection of the chimeric gene...
- Rapid glucocorticoid receptor exchange at a promoter is coupled to transcription and regulated by chaperones and proteasomesDiana A Stavreva
Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Light Imaging Facility, National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:2682-97. 2004..Moreover, our results reveal that longer GR residence times are consistently associated with greater transcriptional output, suggesting a new paradigm in which the rate of rapid exchange provides a means to tune transcriptional levels...
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone versus thalidomide plus dexamethasone in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: a comparative analysis of 411 patientsFrancesca Gay
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 115:1343-50. 2010The objective of this case-control study was to compare the efficacy and toxicity of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone (len/dex) versus thalidomide plus dexamethasone (thal/dex) as initial therapy for newly diagnosed myeloma...
- Functional sodium iodide symporter expression in breast cancer xenografts in vivo after systemic treatment with retinoic acid and dexamethasoneMichael J Willhauck
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:263-72. 2008..Recently, we have reported stimulation of all-trans retinoic acid (atRA)-induced NIS expression in the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7 by dexamethasone (Dex), resulting in an enhanced therapeutic effect of (131)I in vitro.
- Use of gene expression profiling to identify a novel glucocorticoid sensitivity determining gene, BMPRIIRachelle Donn
Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
FASEB J 21:402-14. 2007..human volunteers were polarized into the 10% most Gc-sensitive and 10% most Gc-resistant following a low dose dexamethasone (0.25 mg) suppression test...
- Ethanol induction of steroidogenesis in rat adrenal and brain is dependent upon pituitary ACTH release and de novo adrenal StAR synthesisKevin N Boyd
Curriculum in Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Neurochem 112:784-96. 2010..As GABAergic steroids contribute to ethanol actions and ethanol sensitivity, the mechanisms of this effect of ethanol may be important factors that contribute to the behavioral actions of ethanol and risk for alcohol abuse disorders...
- Epidural dexamethasone reduces postoperative pain and analgesic requirementsSiji Thomas
Department of Anaesthesiology, Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala 680555, India
Can J Anaesth 53:899-905. 2006..We therefore undertook a study to evaluate the efficacy of epidurally administered dexamethasone in reducing postoperative morphine requirements, as a measure of analgesia following laparoscopic ..
- Effects of lenalidomide and dexamethasone treatment duration on survival in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide and dexamethasoneJesus F San-Miguel
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, CIC, IBMCC, Spain
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 11:38-43. 2011In two randomized phase III trials (MM-009 and MM-010), lenalidomide plus dexamethasone significantly prolonged time to progression and overall survival (OS) in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma compared with ..
- A randomized phase 2 study of lenalidomide therapy for patients with relapsed or relapsed and refractory multiple myelomaPaul G Richardson
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 108:3458-64. 2006..Patients with progressive or stable disease after 2 cycles received dexamethasone. Analysis of the first 70 patients showed increased grade 3/4 myelo-suppression in patients receiving 15 mg ..
- Effectiveness of dexamethasone and low-power laser in minimizing oedema after third molar surgery: a clinical trialA Markovic
Clinic of Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Dr Subotica 4, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:226-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness of low-power laser (LPL) and dexamethasone after surgical removal of impacted lower third molars under local anaesthesia (2% lidocaine/epinephrine).
- Glucocorticoids inhibit IL-1beta-induced GM-CSF expression at multiple levels: roles for the ERK pathway and repression by MKP-1Robert Newton
Airways Inflammation Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N4N1
Biochem J 427:113-24. 2010..These responses were repressed by the glucocorticoid dexamethasone, allowing the use of A549 cells as a relevant model...
- Childhood traumata, Dexamethasone Suppression Test and psychiatric symptoms: a trans-diagnostic approachC Faravelli
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Florence University, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Firenze, Italy
Psychol Med 40:2037-48. 2010..The aim of the present research is to explore the relationship between childhood stressors, HPA axis function and psychiatric symptoms, independent of the diagnosis...
- Dexamethasone synergizes with lenalidomide to inhibit multiple myeloma tumor growth, but reduces lenalidomide-induced immunomodulation of T and NK cell functionA K Gandhi
Celgene Corporation, Summit, New Jersey, USA, San Diego, California, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 10:155-67. 2010To determine the effect of dexamethasone on the antimyeloma effects of lenalidomide, we tested in vitro proliferation, tumor suppressor gene expression, caspase activity, cell cycling, and apoptosis levels in a series of multiple myeloma ..
- Berberine reduces insulin resistance induced by dexamethasone in theca cells in vitroLu Zhao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 95:461-3. 2011Theca cells with dexamethasone-induced insulin resistance showed defective glucose uptake and excessive testosterone production, both of which were effectively antagonized by berberine...
- Otoprotective effects of dexamethasone in the management of pneumococcal meningitis: an animal studyHarold H Kim
Wilson Ear Clinic, Portland, Oregon 97209, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1209-15. 2007..To determine whether treating pneumococcal meningitis with a combined antibiotic and steroid regime will prevent cochlear damage, a common pneumococcal meningitis side effect...
- Limited efficacy of adjuvant therapy with dexamethasone in preventing hearing loss due to experimental pneumococcal meningitis in the infant ratRoney S Coimbra
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Pediatr Res 62:291-4. 2007..BM is the single most important origin of acquired SNHL in childhood. Anti-inflammatory dexamethasone holds promises as potential adjuvant therapy to prevent SNHL associated with BM...
- Regulation of rat and human T-cell immune response by pharmacologically modified dendritic cellsHenrieta Fazekasova
Immunoregulation Laboratory, MRC Centre of Transplantation DIIID, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, United Kingdom
Transplantation 87:1617-28. 2009..In a rat in vivo model, we showed that dexamethasone-treated DC (Dex-DC) induced indirect pathway-mediated regulation and that CD4+CD25+ T cells were involved in ..
- Thiazolidinediones are partial agonists for the glucocorticoid receptorL Matthews
Endocrine Sciences Research Group, Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 150:75-86. 2009..both of GR-green fluorescent protein, and endogenous GR in HeLa and U20S cells but with slower kinetics than dexamethasone. Rosiglitazone also induces GR phosphorylation (Ser211), a GR ligand-binding-specific effect...
- Direct and dam-mediated effects of prenatal dexamethasone on emotionality, cognition and HPA axis in adult Wistar ratsJonas Hauser
Behavioural Neurobiology Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Horm Behav 56:364-75. 2009..Prenatal GC receptor activity is also increased during prenatal treatment with dexamethasone (DEX), which is commonly prescribed as a prophylactic treatment of preterm delivery associated morbid symptoms...
- Effects of higher versus lower dexamethasone doses on pulmonary and neurodevelopmental sequelae in preterm infants at risk for chronic lung disease: a meta-analysisWes Onland
Department of Neonatology Room H3 150, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, PO Box 22700, 1100 DD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pediatrics 122:92-101. 2008Systemic postnatal dexamethasone treatment reduces the risk of chronic lung disease in preterm infants but also may be associated with increased risk of neurodevelopmental impairment...
- Insulin action and signalling in fat and muscle from dexamethasone-treated ratsJ Buren
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Arch Biochem Biophys 474:91-101. 2008..initiate whole body insulin resistance and the aim of the present study was to investigate effects of dexamethasone on protein expression and insulin signalling in muscle and fat tissue...
- Efficacy and tolerability of a combined moxifloxacin/dexamethasone formulation for topical prophylaxis and reduction of inflammation in phacoemulsification: a comparative, double masked clinical trialLincoln Lemes Freitas
Department of Ophthalmology, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Med Res Opin 23:3123-30. 2007To compare the efficacy and safety of a combined 0.5% moxifloxacin and 0.1% dexamethasone formulation (Vigadexa) versus conventional dosing with 0.5% concomitant moxifloxacin (Vigamox) and 0...
- A systematic review of phase II trials of thalidomide/dexamethasone combination therapy in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaMarie von Lilienfeld-Toal
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Haematol 81:247-52. 2008..The combination of thalidomide with dexamethasone (Thal/Dex) is expected to improve responses, but it is unknown if the combination increases the rate of ..
- Pregabalin and dexamethasone for postoperative pain control: a randomized controlled study in hip arthroplastyO Mathiesen
Department of Anaesthesia, Copenhagen University Hospital, Ndr Ringvej, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 101:535-41. 2008Optimal pain treatment with minimal side-effects is essential for early mobility and recovery in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty. We investigated the analgesic effect of pregabalin and dexamethasone in this surgical procedure.
- Early postnatal dexamethasone treatment and increased incidence of cerebral palsyE S Shinwell
Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot, Israel
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 83:F177-81. 2000To study the long term neurodevelopmental outcome of children who participated in a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled study of early postnatal dexamethasone treatment for prevention of chronic lung disease.
- MNAR functionally interacts with both NH2- and COOH-terminal GR domains to modulate transactivationMidori Kayahara
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, Centre for Molecular Medicine, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1047-55. 2008..MNAR is capable of regulating both AF1 and AF2 functions of the GR independently. MNAR expression is likely to mediate important cell variation in glucocorticoid responsiveness, in a c-Src-independent mechanism...
- CCAAT enhancer binding protein beta and hepatocyte nuclear factor 3beta are necessary and sufficient to mediate dexamethasone-induced up-regulation of alpha2HS-glycoprotein/fetuin-A gene expressionMichael Wöltje
Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research IZKF BIOMAT, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 36:261-77. 2006..reporter gene assays in hepatoma cells combined with electrophoretic mobility shift assays we determined that dexamethasone up-regulates hepatic Ahsg...
- A revised role for P-glycoprotein in the brain distribution of dexamethasone, cortisol, and corticosterone in wild-type and ABCB1A/B-deficient miceBrittany L Mason
Pharmaceutical Science Research Division, King s College London, London, UK
Endocrinology 149:5244-53. 2008..A vascular marker was included in these experiments. The results show that brain uptake of [3H]dexamethasone was increased in the frontal cortex, hippocampus, hypothalamus, and cerebellum of P-gp-deficient mice compared ..
- Prolactin induced reversal of glucocorticoid mediated apoptosis of immature cortical thymocytes is abrogated by induction of tumorRatna Biswas
Department of Immunoregulation and Immunodiagnostics, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700 026, India
J Neuroimmunol 171:120-34. 2006..We found that dexamethasone (Dex), a synthetic GC, induced apoptosis in normal immature cortical thymocytes which remained unaltered in ..
- Reduction of hepatic and adipose tissue glucocorticoid receptor expression with antisense oligonucleotides improves hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia in diabetic rodents without causing systemic glucocorticoid antagonismLynnetta M Watts
Executive Antisense Drug Discovery, Isis Pharmaceuticals, 2292, Faraday Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Diabetes 54:1846-53. 2005..ASO reduced hepatic glucose production and inhibited hepatic gluconeogenesis in liver slices from basal and dexamethasone-treated animals...
- Antidiabetic activity of passive nonsteroidal glucocorticoid receptor modulatorsJ T Link
Metabolic Disease Research, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Department 4CB, Room L 14, Building AP 10, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6098, USA
J Med Chem 48:5295-304. 2005..These results indicate that passive GR antagonists may have utility as antidiabetic agents...
- Direct targeting of hippocampal neurons for apoptosis by glucocorticoids is reversible by mineralocorticoid receptor activationC Crochemore
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 10:790-8. 2005..Results show that the GR agonist dexamethasone (DEX) targets neurons (microtubule-associated protein 2-positive cells) for death through apoptosis...
- Culture condition and embryonic stage dependent silence of glucocorticoid receptor expression in hippocampal neuronsLin Xiao
Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neurobiology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:147-55. 2008....
- Synergism of glucocorticoid hormone with growth hormone for female-specific mouse Cyp3a44 gene expressionTsutomu Sakuma
Department of Toxicology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical, Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194 Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:878-84. 2008CYP3A44 and CYP3A41 are female-specific CYP3A in the mouse liver. In primary cultured mouse hepatocytes, dexamethasone concentration-dependently induced CYP3A44 mRNA, and the highest response was seen at 10(-5) M...
- Glucocorticoids stimulate ENaC upregulation in bovine mammary epitheliumRebecca R Quesnell
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, 228 Coles Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1739-45. 2007..Ion transport was assessed in modified Ussing flux chambers. Exposure to glucocorticoids (dexamethasone, cortisol, or prednisolone), but not aldosterone, increased short-circuit current (I(sc)), a sensitive measure ..
- Involvement of glucocorticoid receptor and pregnane X receptor in the regulation of mouse CYP3A44 female-predominant expression by glucocorticoid hormoneWattanaporn Bhadhprasit
Department of Toxicology, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1880-5. 2007..of female mouse hepatocytes, as the expression was suppressed in adrenalectomized female mice, restored by dexamethasone (DEX) treatment and was not detected in male mouse livers...
- Wogonin prevents glucocorticoid-induced thymocyte apoptosis without diminishing its anti-inflammatory actionRiyo Enomoto
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Kobe, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:355-65. 2007..These results indicate that wogonin is likely to prevent the immunosuppression of glucocorticoid without diminishing its drug efficacy as an anti-inflammatory agent...
- Endogenous Hemoglobin And Heme Detoxification After Intracerebral HemorrhageXiurong Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..by Nrf2, whereas CD163 and CD91 expression is promoted by macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) or Dexamethasone (DEX)...
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2009..the specific aims of this new grant application are: (1) to determine transscleral permeability of steroids (dexamethasone and prednisolone) and anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody (bevacizumab) (i) alone (ii) encapsulated in unmodified ..
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..the specific aims of this new grant application are: (1) to determine transscleral permeability of steroids (dexamethasone and prednisolone) and anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody (bevacizumab) (i) alone (ii) encapsulated in unmodified ..
- Steroid Responsive Mechanisms in the EarDENNIS ROYAL TRUNE; Fiscal Year: 2010Glucocorticoids (prednisone, methlyprednisolone, dexamethasone) have been employed for decades for control of hearing loss. However, little is known of the cellular and molecular processes of the ear that are under their control...
- Steroid Responsive Mechanisms in the EarDennis Trune; Fiscal Year: 2009Glucocorticoids (prednisone, methlyprednisolone, dexamethasone) have been employed for decades for control of hearing loss. However, little is known of the cellular and molecular processes of the ear that are under their control...
- Steroid Responsive Mechanisms in the EarDennis Trune; Fiscal Year: 2009Glucocorticoids (prednisone, methlyprednisolone, dexamethasone) have been employed for decades for control of hearing loss. However, little is known of the cellular and molecular processes of the ear that are under their control...
- Mechanisms of comorbidity between epilepsy and depressionAndrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be achieved by measuring, using radioimmunoassay, both basal and dexamethasone/corticotropine releasing hormone (DEX/CRH)- induced increase of plasma corticosterone (CORT) levels during ..
- BIOLOGY OF TRABECULAR MESHWORK IN HEALTH AND DISEASEBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 1993..Glucocorticoids such as dexamethasone induced intraocular pressure elevations in susceptible humans and rabbits, and the underlying alterations in ..
- Investigating the Role of Adipocytes on Leukemia RelapseSTEVEN DAVID MITTELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..effects to impair chemotherapy of ALL: they secrete as yet unidentified factors which cause ALL resistance to dexamethasone, and they concentrate vincristine out of the extracellular environment, making it inaccessible to the ALL ..
- MODEL OF HYPERCORTISOLISM FOR MAJOR DEPRESSIONSAlan Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..effects on the adrenal cortex, ACTH stimulation tests will also be administered after chronic separations to dexamethasone pretreated monkeys...
- STUDY OF DEXAMETHASONE IN NEONATAL LUPUS CHBJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Specific Aim 1, a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial will examine the effect of daily oral dexamethasone (4 mg) on the outcome of CHB...
- Radiovirotherapy for Multiple MyelomaStephen J Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2. To determine whether dexamethasone can ameliorate the bone marrow toxicity of I-131...
- CORTICOSTEROIDS, STRESS, AND NICOTINE DEPENDENCEOvide Pomerleau; Fiscal Year: 1992..upon nicotine self-administration via smoking by administering different doses of a synthetic corticosteroid, dexamethasone (IA); to test the possibility that increased nicotine intake following dexamethasone is the result of non-..
- TGF B1'S ROLE IN PRIMARY AND REPARATIVE DENTINOGENESISRENA D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our studies of adult denition in TGF-beta1 (-/-) mice kept alive on dexamethasone show extensive pulp and periapical pathology and a marked attrition of occlusal surfaces...
- Prophylaxis of adrenal insufficiency to prevent CLDKristi Watterberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Early treatment with dexamethasone may decrease CLD; however, this therapy has serious immediate and long-term adverse effects...
- GLUCOCORTICOIDS & VITAMIN D: ROLE IN ANTI-TUMOR EFFECTSCandace Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..In vitro and in vivo, dexamethasone (dex) potentiates calcitriol-mediated antitumor activity through the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- INNER EAR FLUID INTERACTIONSAlec N Salt; Fiscal Year: 2010..elimination from the ear, pharmacokinetic studies of the clinically relevant drugs gentamicin (a cation) and dexamethasone (an anion) will be performed using sequential sampling methods...
- Evaluation of CYP24 as a Target for Enhancing Vitamin D*Donald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. taxanes, platinum analogues, antracenediones). High dose dexamethasone (Dex) potentiates the antitumor effects and blunts calcitriol-induced hypercalcemia...
- AROMATASE IN ADIPOSE--RELATIONSHIP TO AGING AND CANCEREvan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2005..promoter selection appears to be dictated by the culture conditions, namely the presence or absence of cAMP, dexamethasone and growth factors...
- Regulation of NHE3 by glucocorticoids, SGK1 and NHERF2CHANGHYON YUN; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, we recently found using Caco-2 cells that dexamethasone activates NHE3 transport without affecting NHE3 mRNA expression...
- Lipid storage and mobilization in M. tuberculosis as antilatency drugs targetsPAPPACHAN KOLATTUKUDY KOLATTUKUDY; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be tested for their ability to successfully go through dormancy and reactivation in a rabbit containment/dexamethasone reactivation model of TB latency...