Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cyclodecane isolated from the bark of the Pacific yew tree, TAXUS BREVIFOLIA. It stabilizes MICROTUBULES in their polymerized form leading to cell death.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- [A case of advanced gastric cancer with liver and lung metastases markedly responded to TS-1-based sequential chemotherapy]Tsuyoshi Yamanaka
Dept of Surgery, NTT West Kyushu Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:1755-7. 2005..Unfortunately, it was not effective. Then we combined paclitaxel (PTX) to TS-1. The CEA level was remarkably reduced again, but transiently...
- Gefitinib or carboplatin-paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinomaTony S Mok
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
N Engl J Med 361:947-57. 2009..Previous, uncontrolled studies have suggested that first-line treatment with gefitinib would be efficacious in selected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230-1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006PURPOSE: We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent ..
- MicroRNA-125b confers the resistance of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel through suppression of pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 antagonist killer 1 (Bak1) expressionMing Zhou
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36604, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21496-507. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is an effective chemotherapeutic agent for treatment of cancer patients. Despite impressive initial clinical responses, the majority of patients eventually develop some degree of resistance to Taxol-based therapy...
- Paclitaxel and its formulationsAnil K Singla
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, 160 014, Chandigarh, India
Int J Pharm 235:179-92. 2002b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is a promising anti-tumor agent with poor water solubility. It is effective for various cancers especially ovarian and breast cancer...
- Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2D J Slamon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1678, USA
N Engl J Med 344:783-92. 2001..The HER2 gene, which encodes the growth factor receptor HER2, is amplified and HER2 is overexpressed in 25 to 30 percent of breast cancers, increasing the aggressiveness of the tumor...
- Twist transcriptionally up-regulates AKT2 in breast cancer cells leading to increased migration, invasion, and resistance to paclitaxelGeorge Z Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Res 67:1979-87. 2007..Moreover, silencing AKT2 decreased Twist-promoted migration, invasion, and paclitaxel resistance...
- Paclitaxel-loaded PEGylated PLGA-based nanoparticles: in vitro and in vivo evaluationFabienne Danhier
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue Mounier, 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 133:11-7. 2009The purpose of this study was to develop Cremophor EL-free nanoparticles loaded with Paclitaxel (PTX), intended to be intravenously administered, able to improve the therapeutic index of the drug and devoid of the adverse effects of ..
- Preparation, characterization, and in vitro targeted delivery of folate-decorated paclitaxel-loaded bovine serum albumin nanoparticlesDongmei Zhao
Key Laboratory of Forest Plant Ecology, Northeast Forestry University, Ministry of Education, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:669-77. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol(®)) is an important anticancer drug in clinical use for treatment of a variety of cancers...
- Discriminated effects of thiolated chitosan-coated pMMA paclitaxel-loaded nanoparticles on different normal and cancer cell linesSeyedeh Parinaz Akhlaghi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Nanomedicine 6:689-97. 2010..b>Paclitaxel (PTX), a model anticancer drug, was encapsulated in nanoparticles with a maximal encapsulation efficiency of 98...
- A phase 2 pilot trial of low-dose, continuous infusion, or "metronomic" paclitaxel and oral celecoxib in patients with metastatic melanomaRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 116:1751-6. 2010..Angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels, is necessary for tumor growth and progression. Thus, the authors tested the safety and efficacy of a low dose of paclitaxel and celecoxib in patients with MM.
- Targeting of tumor endothelium by RGD-grafted PLGA-nanoparticles loaded with paclitaxelFabienne Danhier
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue Mounier 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 140:166-73. 2009b>Paclitaxel (PTX)-loaded PEGylated PLGA-based nanoparticles (NP) have been previously described as more effective in vitro and in vivo than taxol...
- Phase III study of carboplatin and paclitaxel alone or with sorafenib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano, Torino, Italy 10043
J Clin Oncol 28:1835-42. 2010..the efficacy and safety of sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel in chemotherapy-naïve patients with unresectable stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Randomized, double-blind trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel with either daily oral cediranib or placebo in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: NCIC clinical trials group BR24 studyGlenwood D Goss
FCP SA, FRCPC, The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa ON K1H 8L6, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:49-55. 2010..PATIENTS AND METHODS Paclitaxel (200 mg/m(2)) and carboplatin (area under the serum concentration-time curve 6) were given every 3 weeks, with ..
- Albumin-bound formulation of paclitaxel (Abraxane ABI-007) in the treatment of breast cancerEvelina Miele
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Nanomedicine 4:99-105. 2009..lipid-based solvents have been used as a vehicle, and new systemic formulations have been developed, mostly for paclitaxel, which are Cremophor-free and increase the circulation time of the drug...
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage ..
- Phase III trial of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced carcinoma of the urotheliumRobert Dreicer
Department of Hematology Oncology and Urologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 100:1639-45. 2004The regimens of carboplatin plus paclitaxel (CP) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (M-VAC) were compared in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma.
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002..a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxelNeil Desai
American BioScience, Inc, Santa Monica, California 90403, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1317-24. 2006ABI-007, an albumin-bound, 130-nm particle form of paclitaxel, was developed to avoid Cremophor/ethanol-associated toxicities in Cremophor-based paclitaxel (Taxol) and to exploit albumin receptor-mediated endothelial transport...
- Clinical course of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients experiencing hypertension during treatment with bevacizumab in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel on ECOG 4599Suzanne E Dahlberg
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, CLSB 11007, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:949-54. 2010..targets vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) with demonstrated efficacy in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel (PCB) for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Paclitaxel-functionalized gold nanoparticlesJacob D Gibson
Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11653-61. 2007..the first example of 2 nm gold nanoparticles (Au NPs) covalently functionalized with a chemotherapeutic drug, paclitaxel. The synthetic strategy involves the attachment of a flexible hexaethylene glycol linker at the C-7 position of ..
- Assessment of an RNA interference screen-derived mitotic and ceramide pathway metagene as a predictor of response to neoadjuvant paclitaxel for primary triple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective analysis of five clinical trialsNicolai Juul
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Lancet Oncol 11:358-65. 2010..We previously identified genes involved in mitosis or ceramide metabolism that influenced sensitivity to paclitaxel, with an RNA interference (RNAi) screen in three cancer cell lines, including a triple-negative breast-cancer ..
- Paclitaxel-dependent cell lines reveal a novel drug activityAnutosh Ganguly
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, The University of Texas Medical School, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2914-23. 2010We previously described the isolation of Tax 18 and Tax 11-6, two paclitaxel-dependent cell lines that assemble low amounts of microtubule polymer and require the drug for cell division...
- The kinetics of force-induced cell reorganization depend on microtubules and actinAlexandra M Goldyn
Department of New Materials and Biosystems, Max Planck Institute for Metals Research, Heisenbergstr 3, Stuttgart, Germany
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 67:241-50. 2010..Overall, we conclude that acto-myosin, together with microtubules, regulate the kinetics of force-induced cell reorientation...
- Suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) potentiates paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cell linesCharles S Dietrich
Gynecologic Oncology Service, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Road, Honolulu, HI 96859 5000, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:126-30. 2010To determine if SAHA, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, decreases ovarian cancer cell viability when combined with paclitaxel in vitro, and to explore molecular alterations of combined paclitaxel+SAHA treatment.
- Cremophor-free intravenous microemulsions for paclitaxel II. Stability, in vitro release and pharmacokineticsAdwoa O Nornoo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Int J Pharm 349:117-23. 2008..LBMW (lecithin:butanol:myvacet:water) and CMW (capmul:myvacet:water), for intravenous (IV) administration of paclitaxel (PAC) were previously developed and characterized...
- 2-deoxy-D-glucose increases the efficacy of adriamycin and paclitaxel in human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancers in vivoGregory Maschek
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer Res 64:31-4. 2004..strategy in vivo using the glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) in combination with Adriamycin (ADR) or paclitaxel in nude mouse xenograft models of human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancer...
- Feasibility and efficacy of percutaneous transcatheter intraarterial chemotherapy with paclitaxel in albumin nanoparticles for advanced squamous-cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, and hypopharynxBruno Damascelli
Department of Radiology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:1395-403. 2007..results of a phase I trial, this phase II trial was conducted to study the efficacy and safety of intraarterial induction chemotherapy with a novel nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel formulation in advanced head and neck cancer.
- Independent review of E2100: a phase III trial of bevacizumab plus paclitaxel versus paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancerRobert Gray
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4966-72. 2009..demonstrated a significant improvement in progression-free survival (PFS) and overall response rate (ORR) with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab compared with paclitaxel alone as initial chemotherapy for patients with HER2-negative ..
- Outcomes in patients with de novo left main disease treated with either percutaneous coronary intervention using paclitaxel-eluting stents or coronary artery bypass graft treatment in the Synergy Between Percutaneous Coronary Intervention with TAXUS and CMarie Claude Morice
Institut Hospitalier Jacques Cartier, 6 avenue du Noyer Lambert, Massy, France
Circulation 121:2645-53. 2010....
- Targeted nanoparticles that deliver a sustained, specific release of Paclitaxel to irradiated tumorsRalph J Passarella
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Res 70:4550-9. 2010..Conjugation of GIRLRG to a sustained-release nanoparticle drug delivery system yielded increased paclitaxel concentration and apoptosis in irradiated breast carcinomas for up to 3 weeks...
- Tau expression and efficacy of paclitaxel treatment in metastatic breast cancerSatoru Tanaka
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki City, Osaka, 569 8686, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:341-6. 2009b>Paclitaxel is widely used for the treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Paclitaxel-loaded Pluronic P123/F127 mixed polymeric micelles: formulation, optimization and in vitro characterizationZhang Wei
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Pharm 376:176-85. 2009..was to optimize and characterize a novel polymeric mixed micelle composed of Pluronic P123 and F127 loaded with paclitaxel (PTX)...
- Clinical application of airway bypass with paclitaxel-eluting stents: early resultsPaulo F G Cardoso
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Santa Casa de Porto Alegre Pavilhao Pereira Filho Hospital, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:974-81. 2007To assess the safety and early clinical results of a multicenter evaluation of airway bypass with paclitaxel-eluting stents for selected patients with severe emphysema.
- Treatment rationale and study design for the pointbreak study: a randomized, open-label phase III study of pemetrexed/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance pemetrexed/bevacizumab versus paclitaxel/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance Jyoti D Patel
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 10:252-6. 2009..carboplatin/bevacizumab induction followed by pemetrexed/bevacizumab maintenance (arm A) compared with paclitaxel/carboplatin/bevacizumab induction followed by bevacizumab maintenance (arm B) in patients with advanced ..
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project trial B-31 compared doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel every 3 weeks (group 1) with the same regimen plus 52 weeks of trastuzumab beginning with the first dose of ..
- Taxol-induced apoptosis in human SKOV3 ovarian and MCF7 breast carcinoma cells is caspase-3 and caspase-9 independentR Ofir
Department of Research and Development Hazeva, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Cell Death Differ 9:636-42. 2002..We conclude that a unique caspase-3 and caspase-9 independent pathway is elicited by taxol to induce apoptosis in human ovarian and breast cancinoma cells...
- A phase II study of docetaxel in paclitaxel-resistant ovarian and peritoneal carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyPeter G Rose
Case Western Reserve University, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Gynecol Oncol 88:130-5. 2003Docetaxel is an inhibitor of microtubule depolymerization and has demonstrated activity in paclitaxel-resistant breast cancer and gynecologic cancer...
- FDA drug approval summary: bevacizumab (Avastin) plus Carboplatin and Paclitaxel as first-line treatment of advanced/metastatic recurrent nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancerMartin H Cohen
Division of Biological Oncology Products, Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Oncologist 12:713-8. 2007..South San Francisco, CA), administered in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel, for the initial treatment of patients with unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent, or metastatic, ..
- Taxol-induced ceramide generation and apoptosis in human breast cancer cellsA G Charles
John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica CA 90404, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:444-50. 2001..This is of relevance to drug mechanism studies, as ceramide is a known messenger of apoptosis. Clinical use of Taxol with ceramide-enhancing agents may maximize cytotoxic potential...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with advanced carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: a study by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology GroupA Bamias
Department of Clinical TherapeuticsUniversity of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
J Clin Oncol 22:2150-4. 2004..We prospectively studied a cohort of patients who underwent surgery for high-risk carcinoma of the upper urinary tract to assess the feasibility of the combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin as adjuvant treatment.
- A phase I trial of the oral, multikinase inhibitor sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxelKeith T Flaherty
The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4836-42. 2008..tolerated dose, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor, combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with solid tumors...
- Enhanced oral paclitaxel bioavailability after administration of paclitaxel-loaded lipid nanocapsulesSandra Peltier
U646, Angers, F-49100 France, , Angers, F-49035, Cedex1, France
Pharm Res 23:1243-50. 2006PURPOSE: The aim of this study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel-loaded lipid nanocapsules (LNC) in rats to assess the intrinsic effect of the dosage form on the improvement of paclitaxel oral exposure...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of vorinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel for advanced solid malignanciesSuresh S Ramalingam
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3605-10. 2007The primary objective of this study was to determine the recommended phase II doses of the novel histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat when administered in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel.
- Multicenter phase II trial of ABI-007, an albumin-bound paclitaxel, in women with metastatic breast cancerNuhad K Ibrahim
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6019-26. 2005ABI-007 is a novel nanoparticle, albumin-bound paclitaxel that is free of solvents. This multicenter phase II study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ABI-007 for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer (MBC).
- Phase I and pharmacokinetics trial of ABI-007, a novel nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonhematologic malignanciesDavid W Nyman
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Arizona Cancer Center University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7785-93. 2005ABI-007 is a novel solvent-free, albumin-bound, 130-nm particle formulation of paclitaxel designed to avoid solvent-related toxicities and to deliver paclitaxel to tumors via molecular pathways involving an endothelial cell-surface ..
- Paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in BJAB cells proceeds via a death receptor-independent, caspases-3/-8-driven mitochondrial amplification loopClarissa von Haefen
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology, University Medical Center Charite, University of Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 22:2236-47. 2003..shift transition, and cell death during apoptosis induced by treatment with the microtubule-damaging agent paclitaxel (Taxol)...
- Sustained reduction of in-stent neointimal growth with the use of a novel systemic nanoparticle paclitaxelFrank D Kolodgie
Department of Cardiovascular Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Circulation 106:1195-8. 2002BACKGROUND: Paclitaxel (PXL)-eluting stents in animals cause incomplete healing and, in some instances, a lack of sustained suppression of neointimal growth...
- NK105, a paclitaxel-incorporating micellar nanoparticle formulation, can extend in vivo antitumour activity and reduce the neurotoxicity of paclitaxelT Hamaguchi
Department of Medicine, President of National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Br J Cancer 92:1240-6. 2005b>Paclitaxel (PTX) is one of the most effective anticancer agents. In clinical practice, however, high incidences of adverse reactions of the drug, for example, neurotoxicity, myelosuppression, and allergic reactions, have been reported...
- Association of vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 genetic polymorphisms with outcome in a trial of paclitaxel compared with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab in advanced breast cancer: ECOG 2100Bryan P Schneider
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4672-8. 2008..Therefore, we evaluated the association of VEGF genotype with efficacy and toxicity in E2100, a phase III study comparing paclitaxel versus paclitaxel plus bevacizumab as initial chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer.
- Adjuvant paclitaxel plus carboplatin compared with observation in stage IB non-small-cell lung cancer: CALGB 9633 with the Cancer and Leukemia Group B, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, and North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study GroupsGary M Strauss
Tufts Medical Center, Division of Medical Oncology, Tufts NEMC, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5043-51. 2008..This report provides a mature analysis of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 9633, the only RCT designed specifically for stage IB NSCLC...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: significantly enhanced response with docetaxelIan C Smith
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:1456-66. 2002..To compare the efficacy of neoadjuvant (NA) docetaxel (DOC) with anthracycline-based therapy and determine the efficacy of NA DOC in patients with breast cancer initially failing to respond to anthracycline-based NA chemotherapy (CT)...
- Improved effectiveness of nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab) paclitaxel versus polysorbate-based docetaxel in multiple xenografts as a function of HER2 and SPARC statusNeil P Desai
Abraxis Bioscience, LLC, Los Angeles, California 90025 1506, USA
Anticancer Drugs 19:899-909. 2008Nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab)-paclitaxel (Abraxane) is an albumin-bound 130-nm particle form of paclitaxel that demonstrated higher efficacy and was well tolerated compared with solvent-based paclitaxel (Taxol) and docetaxel (Taxotere) ..
- Phase II study of liposomal doxorubicin in refractory ovarian cancer: antitumor activity and toxicity modification by liposomal encapsulationF M Muggia
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:987-93. 1997..of liposomal doxorubicin was conducted in patients with ovarian cancer who failed to respond to platinum- and paclitaxel-based regimens...
- Strut coverage and vessel wall response to a new-generation paclitaxel-eluting stent with an ultrathin biodegradable abluminal polymer: Optical Coherence Tomography Drug-Eluting Stent Investigation (OCTDESI)Giulio Guagliumi
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Department, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Italy
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 3:367-75. 2010..It is unknown whether paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) with minimal biodegradable abluminal coating enhances strut coverage while preventing ..
- Characterization of a clinical polymer-drug conjugate using multiscale modelingLili X Peng
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Biopolymers 93:936-51. 2010..This study explores how the shape and size of poly-γ-glutamyl-glutamate paclitaxel (PGG-PTX), an amphiphilic polymer-drug with potential chemotherapeutic applications, can be systematically ..
- Treatment of small coronary arteries with a paclitaxel-coated balloon catheterMartin Unverdorben
Institut für Klinische Forschung, Herz und Kreislaufzentrum, Rotenburg an der Fulda, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:165-74. 2010Treatment of lesions in small coronary arteries by percutaneous transluminal coronary intervention is limited by a high recurrence rate. We assessed the use of a paclitaxel-coated balloon in this indication.
- A lipophilic paclitaxel derivative incorporated in a lipid emulsion for parenteral administrationB B Lundberg
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Abo Akademi University, BioCity, P O Box 66, 20520, Abo, Finland
J Control Release 86:93-100. 2003b>Paclitaxel is one of the most effective and most widely-used anti-cancer agents...
- Autocrine production of interleukin-6 confers cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cellsYue Wang
Department of Immunology, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 295:110-23. 2010..IL-6) and endogenous IL-6 (by transfecting with plasmid encoding for sense IL-6) induce cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in non-IL-6-expressing A2780 cells, while deleting of endogenous IL-6 expression in IL-6-..
- FoxM1 mediates resistance to herceptin and paclitaxelJanai R Carr
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607 7170, USA
Cancer Res 70:5054-63. 2010..to the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 monoclonal antibody Herceptin and microtubule-stabilizing drug paclitaxel, both as single agents and in combination...
- The formulation of aptamer-coated paclitaxel-polylactide nanoconjugates and their targeting to cancer cellsRong Tong
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biomaterials 31:3043-53. 2010b>Paclitaxel-polylactide (Ptxl-PLA) conjugate nanoparticles, termed as nanoconjugates (NCs), were prepared through Ptxl/(BDI)ZnN(TMS)(2) (BDI = 2-((2,6-diisopropylphenyl)-amido)-4-((2,6-diisopropylphenyl)-imino)-2-pentene)-mediated ..
- Phase 1b study of motesanib, an oral angiogenesis inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin/paclitaxel and/or panitumumab for the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancerGeorge R Blumenschein
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:279-90. 2010..tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetics, and explored the objective response of motesanib plus carboplatin/paclitaxel and/or the fully human anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody panitumumab in advanced non-..
- Polymeric micelles for the pH-dependent controlled, continuous low dose release of paclitaxelAdam W G Alani
Pharmaceutical Sciences Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, 777 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Biomaterials 31:1765-72. 2010..b>Paclitaxel (PTX) conjugated to the linkers formed PEG-p(Asp-Hyd-LEV-PTX) and PEG-p(Asp-Hyd-4AB-PTX)...
- Hyaluronic acid-paclitaxel: antitumor efficacy against CD44(+) human ovarian carcinoma xenograftsEdmond Auzenne
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77339, USA
Neoplasia 9:479-86. 2007..drugs, we have initially evaluated whether the CD44 ligand hyaluronic acid (HA) could serve as a backbone for paclitaxel (TXL) prodrugs. HA-TXL was prepared by modification of previous techniques...
- Evaluation of a 30-gene paclitaxel, fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy response predictor in a multicenter randomized trial in breast cancerAdel Tabchy
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5351-61. 2010..of a previously defined 30-gene predictor (DLDA-30) of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy, and assessed if DLDA-30 also predicts ..
- Adjuvant dose-dense doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by dose-dense nab-paclitaxel is safe in women with early-stage breast cancer: a pilot studyNicholas Robert
US OncologyVirginia Cancer Specialists, 8503 Arlington Blvd, 400, Fairfax, VA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:115-20. 2011Every-2-week (dose-dense) adjuvant doxorubicin (A) plus cyclophosphamide (C) followed by paclitaxel is a safe and effective adjuvant chemotherapy regimen...
- A self-assembling nanoparticle for paclitaxel delivery in ovarian cancerKai Xiao
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, UCD Cancer Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Biomaterials 30:6006-16. 2009b>Paclitaxel (PTX) is one of the most effective chemotherapeutic drugs for the treatment of a variety of cancers. However, it is associated with serious side effects caused by PTX itself and the Cremophor EL emulsifier...
- Heightened sensitivity to paclitaxel in Class IVa beta-tubulin-transfected cells is lost as expression increasesHailing Yang
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Medical School, 6431 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 282:27058-66. 2007..However, the response to paclitaxel was more complex...
- Development of new lipid-based paclitaxel nanoparticles using sequential simplex optimizationXiaowei Dong
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kentucky, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 72:9-17. 2009The objective of these studies was to develop Cremophor-free lipid-based paclitaxel (PX) nanoparticle formulations prepared from warm microemulsion precursors...
- Paclitaxel delivery systems: the use of amino acid linkers in the conjugation of paclitaxel with carboxymethyldextran to create prodrugsShu ichi Sugahara
The Second Research Department of Central Technology Laboratory, AsahiKasei Corporation, Fuji, Shizuoka, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:632-41. 2002b>Paclitaxel was bound via its hydroxyl group to carboxymethyldextran (CMDex, 150 kDa) by means of an amino acid linker; the linker was introduced into the 2'- or 7-hydroxyl group of the paclitaxel through an ester bond...
- Development of docetaxel in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerChandra P Belani
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and Lung and Thoracic Cancer Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Lung Cancer 46:S3-11. 2004..Although the mechanisms of action of the taxanes docetaxel and paclitaxel are identical, docetaxel has almost a twofold higher binding affinity for the target site, beta tubulin...
- [Second-line chemotherapy for recurrent ovarian cancer]Toru Sugiyama
Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka 020-8505, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:28-32. 2005..However, the response rate is only about 12-32%, and the survival duration is about 8 months, requiring more careful measures as palliative medicine...
- [Role of taxanes in treatment of breast cancer]V A Gorbunova
Vopr Onkol 50:492-500. 2004
- Progression of disease despite good endoscopic local control of upper tract urothelial carcinomaAlon Z Weizer
Department of Urology, University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0330, USA
Urology 70:469-72. 2007..Despite rigorous surveillance, we have identified 3 patients with renal parenchymal recurrences and/or metastatic disease without progression of renal pelvis disease...
- Design and development of new combinations of the CMF agents with taxanes (paclitaxel or docetaxel) in advanced breast cancer: a feasibility studyGiorgio Cocconi
Medical Oncology Division, University Hospital, Parma, Italy
Tumori 90:280-4. 2004..The present study was aimed to similarly test new combinations made up of the CMF agents, two at a time by rotation, and paclitaxel or docetaxel.
- Randomized phase II trial of sequential chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (SWOG 9806): carboplatin/gemcitabine followed by paclitaxel or cisplatin/vinorelbine followed by docetaxelMartin J Edelman
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5022-6. 2004..5 mg/ml x min day 1) and gemcitabine (1000 mg/m(2) days 1 and 8 every 21 days x 3) followed by paclitaxel (225 mg/m(2) every 21 days x 3) or arm 2, cisplatin (100 mg/m(2) day 1), vinorelbine (25 mg/m(2) days 1 and 8 ..
- Bayesian pharmacokinetically guided dosing of paclitaxel in patients with non-small cell lung cancerMilly E de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 10:2237-44. 2004b>Paclitaxel is a taxane derivative with a profound antitumor activity against a variety of solid tumors...
- Phase II study of neoadjuvant carboplatin and paclitaxel followed by radiotherapy and concurrent cisplatin in patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: therapeutic monitoring with plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNAAnthony T C Chan
Department of Clinical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
J Clin Oncol 22:3053-60. 2004To assess the efficacy of neoadjuvant paclitaxel and carboplatin (TC) followed by concurrent cisplatin and radiotherapy (RT) in patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) and to monitor treatment response with ..
- [Safety evaluation of adjuvant chemotherapy by weekly paclitaxel combined with weekly carboplatin in patients with postoperative non-small cell lung cancer]Toshiyuki Hirose
Department of Respiratory Surgery, National Hospital Organization Higashitokushima Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:1397-400. 2007..we evaluate the tolerability of a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy regimen conducted in our facility using paclitaxel (PTX) and carboplatin (CBDCA)...
- Sequential versus concurrent paclitaxel and carboplatin for the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer in elderly patients and patients with poor performance status: results of two Phase II, multicenter trialsT A Marsland
US Oncology Research Inc, 12941 North Freeway, Suite 700, Houston, TX 77060, USA
Lung Cancer 47:111-20. 2005..cell lung cancer (ANSCLC) patients (> or =70 years with PS 0-2 or > or =18 years with PS 2) receiving sequential paclitaxel and carboplatin (P --> C) or concurrent P + C...
- Phase II study of 24-hour infusion of paclitaxel (Intaxel) with carboplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancerChaiyut Charoentum
Dept of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:1603-7. 2007To determine the activity and toxicity of combined 24-hour infusion of paclitaxel with carboplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Nontoxic suramin treatments enhance docetaxel activity in chemotherapy-pretreated non-small cell lung xenograft tumorsZe Lu
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Pharm Res 22:1069-78. 2005..These encouraging results provided the basis for phase I/II trials of docetaxel plus low-dose suramin in patients with NSCLC in second-/third-line settings...
- [Promising targeted molecular therapies for the future years in non-small-cell lung cancer]J C Soria
, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 62:1S35-6. 2006
- [Current data concerning neoadjuvant chemotherapy]A Depierre
Service de Pneumologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, , France
Rev Pneumol Clin 62:1S11-3. 2006
- [Progress in therapy for testicular tumors]Yoichi Mizutani
Dept. of Urology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:183-7. 2006..chemotherapy for such tumors is developing, especially salvage chemotherapy using novel anticancer agents(paclitaxel, gemcitabine,irinotecan, docetaxel, oxaliplatin, etc) and high-dose anticancer drugs...
- Randomized study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gynaekologische Onkologie Ovarian Cancer Study Group comparing quality of life in patients with ovarian cancer treated with cisplatin/paclitaxel versus carboplatin/paclitaxelElfriede R Greimel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Graz, Graz, Austria
J Clin Oncol 24:579-86. 2006The objective of this study was to compare the quality of life (QoL) of ovarian cancer patients treated with paclitaxel/carboplatin (TC) versus paclitaxel/cisplatin (PT) and to determine the impact of treatment toxicity on the various QoL ..
- [The dilemma of first-line chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: are third-generation drugs all the same?]Francesco Grossi
Oncologia Medica A, Disease Management Team, Lung Cancer, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova
Tumori 94:5-14. 2008
- Paclitaxel for non-small cell lung cancerSakkaraiappan Ramalingam
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1771-80. 2004b>Paclitaxel, a tubulin-binding agent, is widely used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The combination of paclitaxel and a platinum compound is an approved regimen for the treatment of advanced NSCLC...
- What is the best schedule for administration of gemcitabine-taxane?R Colomer
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Girona, Spain
Cancer Treat Rev 31:S23-8. 2005..Synergy between paclitaxel and gemcitabine was demonstrated in vitro when paclitaxel was followed by gemcitabine...
- Developmental chemotherapy and management of recurrent ovarian cancerMichael A Bookman
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:149s-167s. 2003Despite improvements in median and overall survival using a combination of platinum and paclitaxel, long-term survival rates for patients with advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) remain disappointing, and the development of more ..
- Weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin with concurrent radiation therapy in locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer: phase I studyMasahiro Endo
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, Shizuoka City Hospital, Shizuoka 420-8630, Japan
Radiat Med 23:331-5. 2005PURPOSE: The optimal dose of weekly paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin and concurrent radiation therapy (CRT) in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is not well defined in Japan...
- [Pharmacotherapy in ovarian carcinoma]J Pfisterer
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Campus Kiel, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein
MMW Fortschr Med 147:34-6. 2005..Possibilities for improvement include compliance with the current treatment recommendations both in the surgical and medical areas, as well as the participation in clinical studies or treatment in study centers...
- Phase II study of paclitaxel plus gemcitabine salvage chemotherapy for germ cell tumors after progression following high-dose chemotherapy with tandem transplantLawrence H Einhorn
Division of Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:513-6. 2007To determine long-term survival and potential cure with salvage chemotherapy with paclitaxel plus gemcitabine after progression after both cisplatin combination chemotherapy and subsequent high-dose chemotherapy with tandem transplantation...
- Taxanes as first-line therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and practice guidelineQuincy Chu
Department of Medical Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alt, Canada
Lung Cancer 50:355-74. 2005This evidence-based practice guideline on the use of paclitaxel (Taxol) or docetaxel (Taxotere) as first-line treatment for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer who are candidates for palliative first-line chemotherapy is ..
- [Docetaxel and ovarian cancer]Isabelle Ray-Coquard
Centre Leon Berard, 28, rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon
Bull Cancer 91:159-65. 2004Docetaxel has exhibited substantial clinical activity against platinum, refrac- tory, paclitaxel resistant and previously untreated advanced ovarian cancer...
- Sequential combination chemotherapy in patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. Carboplatin and gemcitabine followed by paclitaxelJavier de Castro
Cancer 94:2797-8; author reply 2798-9. 2002
- Paclitaxel and docetaxel in prostate cancerC Obasaju
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 15:525-45. 2001..Although their ultimate value in prostate cancer therapy remains to be defined in randomized trials, docetaxel and paclitaxel are active agents in HRPC...
- Long-term results from a phase II study of paclitaxel combined with doxorubicin in recurrent platinum refractory ovarian cancerC Trope
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:223-7. 2001..in true platinum refractory disease up to 20% but with poor long-term survival, has been reported by single drug paclitaxel. In an effort to improve response rate and survival duration obtainable with single drug paclitaxel, we have ..
- Evaluation of the neurotoxicity of paclitaxel and carboplatin by current perception threshold in ovarian cancer patientsDaisuke Doi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 70:129-34. 2003Combination chemotherapy consisting of paclitaxel and carboplatin has recently started to be given as the regimen of first choice for epithelial ovarian cancer...
- [Experience in first-line chemotherapy with paclitaxel for the treatment of ovarian carcinomas]Imre Pete
, , Budapest
Orv Hetil 144:919-24. 2003OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to investigate the possible benefit of the paclitaxel based combined chemotherapy introduced as an "up front" chemotherapy in Hungary for the treatment of ovary cancer...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..In the first portion of this proposal, we plan to study the biosynthesis of the potent anti-cancer drug taxol (paclitaxel)...
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF THE ANTITUMOR DRUG TAXOLMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the linkage between microtubule dynamics, mitotic block, and resistance to taxol promises to lead to new drug targets that will improve the efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- Size-tunable cancer nanotherapeuticsJuntao Luo; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Paclitaxel is a standard and effective chemotherapeutic agent for many cancer types. However, Cremophor EL in the formulation of PTX (Taxol(R)) causes significant side effects such as allergic reactions...
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary data also indicate that paclitaxel- SWNT conjugate is superior to the Cremophor ELP solubilized paclitaxel (PTX) for cancer therapy...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2007..In collaboration with Prof. David Sherman's laboratory at the University of Michigan, we plan to isolate and clone the biosynthetic gene clusters for paraherquamide and stephacidin biosynthesis. ..
- Role of the Acetyltransferase p300 in Cellular ResponsesMaria Avantaggiati; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anti-microtubule drugs of clinical relevance include paclitaxel (taxol), vinca alkaloids (vinblastin and vincrisitn), nocodazole and colchicine...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..in the first portion of this proposal, he plans to study the biosynthesis of the potent anti-cancer drug taxol (paclitaxel) and that his short-term objectives are to synthesize, in stable and radioisotopically-labeled form, the primary ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Michael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the chemical technologies being developed, will be applied to the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer drugs. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the chemical technologies being developed, will be applied to the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer drugs. ..
- NEW ANTIMICROTUBULE AGENTS FROM MARINE ORGANISMSBradley Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The vinca alkaloids cause microtubule depolymerization, while the diterpene paclitaxel and its derivative taxotere stabilize microtubule...
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..
- Hydrotropic Polymers for oral delivery of paclitaxelKinam Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..dendrimers, and polymeric micelles that achieve solubility enhancement by several orders of magnitude for paclitaxel, a notoriously poorly soluble anticancer drug...
- P450 PHENOTYPE AND CHEMOTHERAPY TOXICITY IN THE ELDERLYELIZABETH DEES; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal examines the value of probe tests of CYP activity in predicting pharmacokinetics and toxicity of paclitaxel and vinorelbine. Paclitaxel is principally metabolized by CYP2C8 and CYP3A4, and vinorelbine by CYP3A4...
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJessie L S Au; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..