Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cyclodecane isolated from the bark of the Pacific yew tree, TAXUS BREVIFOLIA. It stabilizes MICROTUBULES in their polymerized form leading to cell death.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Gefitinib or carboplatin-paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinomaTony S Mok
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
N Engl J Med 361:947-57. 2009..Previous, uncontrolled studies have suggested that first-line treatment with gefitinib would be efficacious in selected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2D J Slamon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1678, USA
N Engl J Med 344:783-92. 2001..The HER2 gene, which encodes the growth factor receptor HER2, is amplified and HER2 is overexpressed in 25 to 30 percent of breast cancers, increasing the aggressiveness of the tumor...
- Microtubules as a target for anticancer drugsMary Ann Jordan
University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 4:253-65. 2004
- Gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel is an active regimen in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase I/II trialDaniel D Von Hoff
TGen Virginia G Piper Cancer Ctr, 445 N Fifth St, Suite 600, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4548-54. 2011The trial objectives were to identify the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of first-line gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma and to provide efficacy and safety data...
- Biomarker analyses and final overall survival results from a phase III, randomized, open-label, first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Asia (IPASS)Masahiro Fukuoka
Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:2866-74. 2011The results of the Iressa Pan-Asia Study (IPASS), which compared gefitinib and carboplatin/paclitaxel in previously untreated never-smokers and light ex-smokers with advanced pulmonary adenocarcinoma were published previously...
- MicroRNA-125b confers the resistance of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel through suppression of pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 antagonist killer 1 (Bak1) expressionMing Zhou
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36604, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21496-507. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is an effective chemotherapeutic agent for treatment of cancer patients. Despite impressive initial clinical responses, the majority of patients eventually develop some degree of resistance to Taxol-based therapy...
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003In randomized trials the combination of cisplatin and paclitaxel was superior to cisplatin and cyclophosphamide in advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..We present the combined results of two trials that compared adjuvant chemotherapy with or without concurrent trastuzumab in women with surgically removed HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage ..
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent cases.
- TRIBUTE: a phase III trial of erlotinib hydrochloride (OSI-774) combined with carboplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5892-9. 2005..Erlotinib was combined with chemotherapy to determine if it could improve the outcome of patients with NSCLC...
- Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7794-803. 2005ABI-007, the first biologically interactive albumin-bound paclitaxel in a nanameter particle, free of solvents, was compared with polyethylated castor oil-based standard paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- A polymer-based, paclitaxel-eluting stent in patients with coronary artery diseaseGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, New York 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 350:221-31. 2004Restenosis after coronary stenting necessitates repeated percutaneous or surgical revascularization procedures. The delivery of paclitaxel to the site of vascular injury may reduce the incidence of neointimal hyperplasia and restenosis.
- Microtubules and resistance to tubulin-binding agentsMaria Kavallaris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Nat Rev Cancer 10:194-204. 2010..microtubule polymer mass and/or drug binding are associated with resistance to tubulin-binding agents such as paclitaxel. The aberrant expression of specific beta-tubulin isotypes, in particular betaIII-tubulin, or of microtubule-..
- Twist transcriptionally up-regulates AKT2 in breast cancer cells leading to increased migration, invasion, and resistance to paclitaxelGeorge Z Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Res 67:1979-87. 2007..Moreover, silencing AKT2 decreased Twist-promoted migration, invasion, and paclitaxel resistance...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, may enhance antitumor efficacy of cytotoxics, and combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin had acceptable tolerability in a phase I trial...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II study of AMG 386 combined with weekly paclitaxel in patients with recurrent ovarian cancerBeth Y Karlan
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:362-71. 2012..estimate the efficacy and toxicity of AMG 386, an investigational peptide-Fc fusion protein that neutralizes the interaction between the Tie2 receptor and angiopoietin-1/2, plus weekly paclitaxel in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer.
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Pathological correlates of late drug-eluting stent thrombosis: strut coverage as a marker of endothelializationAloke V Finn
Cardiac Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Circulation 115:2435-41. 2007..Although the clinical predictors of LST have been reported, specific morphological and histological correlates of LST remain unknown...
- Results of a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel as second-line treatment in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanomaAxel Hauschild
University of Kiel, Kiel, Charite Berlin
J Clin Oncol 27:2823-30. 2009..placebo-controlled study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of sorafenib with carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with advanced melanoma who had progressed on a dacarbazine- or temozolomide-containing regimen.
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment.
- TLR-4 signaling promotes tumor growth and paclitaxel chemoresistance in ovarian cancerMichael G Kelly
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Res 66:3859-68. 2006..In addition, we provide new evidence that links TLR-4 signaling, inflammation, and chemoresistance in ovarian cancer cells...
- Outcomes associated with drug-eluting and bare-metal stents: a collaborative network meta-analysisChristoph Stettler
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Lancet 370:937-48. 2007..the two drug-eluting stents approved by the US Food and Drug Administration-a sirolimus-eluting stent and a paclitaxel-eluting stent-are associated with increased risks of death, myocardial infarction, or stent thrombosis compared ..
- Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxelNeil Desai
American BioScience, Inc, Santa Monica, California 90403, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1317-24. 2006ABI-007, an albumin-bound, 130-nm particle form of paclitaxel, was developed to avoid Cremophor/ethanol-associated toxicities in Cremophor-based paclitaxel (Taxol) and to exploit albumin receptor-mediated endothelial transport...
- Dose-dense paclitaxel once a week in combination with carboplatin every 3 weeks for advanced ovarian cancer: a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trialNoriyuki Katsumata
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet 374:1331-8. 2009b>Paclitaxel and carboplatin given every 3 weeks is standard treatment for advanced ovarian carcinoma. Attempts to improve patient survival by including other drugs have yielded disappointing results...
- Association of vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 genetic polymorphisms with outcome in a trial of paclitaxel compared with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab in advanced breast cancer: ECOG 2100Bryan P Schneider
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4672-8. 2008..Therefore, we evaluated the association of VEGF genotype with efficacy and toxicity in E2100, a phase III study comparing paclitaxel versus paclitaxel plus bevacizumab as initial chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer.
- Pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin and Carboplatin compared with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for patients with platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer in late relapseEric Pujade-Lauraine
University Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:3323-9. 2010..the efficacy and safety of the combination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) with carboplatin (CD) compared with standard carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with platinum-sensitive relapsed/recurrent ovarian cancer (ROC).
- Phase I study of everolimus plus weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with metastatic breast cancer pretreated with trastuzumabFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, University Paris XI and Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 28:5110-5. 2010To determine the recommended dose of everolimus, a mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor, combined with paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer ..
- Randomized phase III placebo-controlled trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel with or without the vascular disrupting agent vadimezan (ASA404) in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerPrimo N Lara
University of California, Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X St, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2965-71. 2011....
- Paclitaxel plus bevacizumab versus paclitaxel alone for metastatic breast cancerKathy Miller
Indiana University Cancer Center, Indianapolis, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2666-76. 2007In an open-label, randomized, phase 3 trial, we compared the efficacy and safety of paclitaxel with that of paclitaxel plus bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, as initial treatment for metastatic ..
- Comparison of zotarolimus-eluting stents with sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents for coronary revascularization: the ZEST (comparison of the efficacy and safety of zotarolimus-eluting stent with sirolimus-eluting and paclitaxel-eluting stent for corDuk Woo Park
Department of Cardiology, Center for Medical Research and Information, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1187-95. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relative efficacy and safety of zotarolimus-eluting stents (ZES) in comparison with the established and widely used sirolimus- (SES) and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) in routine clinical practice.
- Anti-apoptotic role of HIF-1 and AP-1 in paclitaxel exposed breast cancer cells under hypoxiaLionel Flamant
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology URBC, NARILIS NAmur Research Institute for LIfe Sciences FUNDP University of Namur, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Mol Cancer 9:191. 2010..Hypoxia is a hallmark of solid tumors and is associated with metastases, therapeutic resistance and poor patient survival...
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..GOG, study #111) in the United States showed a better outcome for patients with advanced ovarian cancer on the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen than for those on a standard cyclophosphamide-cisplatin regimen...
- Autocrine production of interleukin-6 confers cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cellsYue Wang
Department of Immunology, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 295:110-23. 2010..IL-6) and endogenous IL-6 (by transfecting with plasmid encoding for sense IL-6) induce cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in non-IL-6-expressing A2780 cells, while deleting of endogenous IL-6 expression in IL-6-..
- Comparison of inflammatory response after implantation of sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents in porcine coronary arteriesGregory J Wilson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 120:141-9, 1-2. 2009Although both sirolimus (CYPHER) and paclitaxel (TAXUS) drug-eluting stents have demonstrated efficacy and safety in clinical trials, human autopsy data have raised concerns about long-term healing and the potential for local inflammatory ..
- Paclitaxel and its formulationsAnil K Singla
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, 160 014, Chandigarh, India
Int J Pharm 235:179-92. 2002b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is a promising anti-tumor agent with poor water solubility. It is effective for various cancers especially ovarian and breast cancer...
- Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the GynecolM Markman
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Department of Hematology/Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1001-7. 2001..and overall survival in small-volume residual ovarian cancer after treatment with intravenous (IV) cisplatin and paclitaxel or an experimental regimen of IV carboplatin followed by IV paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin...
- The miR-200 family controls beta-tubulin III expression and is associated with paclitaxel-based treatment response and progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patientsSusanna Leskela
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:85-95. 2011..Thus, new biomarkers predictive of response to the standard paclitaxel-carboplatin treatment are needed to improve chemotherapy strategies...
- Endothelial cell recovery between comparator polymer-based drug-eluting stentsMichael Joner
German Heart Center, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:333-42. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess trends in endothelial coverage and recovery among leading polymer-based drug-eluting stents (DES)...
- ErbB2-mediated Src and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation leads to transcriptional up-regulation of p21Cip1 and chemoresistance in breast cancer cellsValerie S Hawthorne
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:592-600. 2009..Our study suggests a potential clinical application of Src and STAT3 inhibitors in Taxol sensitization of ErbB2-overexpressing breast cancers...
- Phase I dose-finding study of paclitaxel with panitumumab, carboplatin and intensity-modulated radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell cancer of the head and neckL J Wirth
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 20114, USA
Ann Oncol 21:342-7. 2010..Panitumumab has the potential to improve the therapeutic ratio of concurrent chemoradiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Recurrent ovarian cancer: how important is it to treat to disease progression?Thomas J Herzog
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7439-49. 2004..A number of active agents in ovarian cancer (platinum, paclitaxel, topotecan, liposomal doxorubicin, docetaxel, gemcitabine, and etoposide) will be reviewed in the context of ..
- Evaluation of new platinum-based treatment regimens in advanced-stage ovarian cancer: a Phase III Trial of the Gynecologic Cancer IntergroupMichael A Bookman
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1419-25. 2009..of an additional cytotoxic agent improves overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS) for women with advanced-stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) and primary peritoneal carcinoma who receive carboplatin and paclitaxel.
- Randomized phase II study of dulanermin in combination with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJean Charles Soria
South Paris University, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 29:4442-51. 2011To evaluate the efficacy and safety of dulanermin combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PC) and bevacizumab (PCB) as first-line treatment for advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Enhanced anti-tumor efficacy by co-delivery of doxorubicin and paclitaxel with amphiphilic methoxy PEG-PLGA copolymer nanoparticlesHai Wang
CAS Key Laboratory for Biological Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Beijing 100190, China
Biomaterials 32:8281-90. 2011..More importantly, these NPs could co-deliver hydrophilic doxorubicin (DOX) and hydrophobic paclitaxel (TAX)...
- Randomized comparison of everolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents. 2-year follow-up from the SPIRIT (Clinical Evaluation of the XIENCE V Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System) IV trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, 111 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:19-25. 2011We sought to determine whether the differences in outcomes present between everolimus-eluting stents (EES) and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) in the SPIRIT (Clinical Evaluation of the XIENCE V Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System) IV ..
- Autophagy inhibition promotes paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in cancer cellsGuangmin Xi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, China
Cancer Lett 307:141-8. 2011b>Paclitaxel has been demonstrated to be an effective mitotic inhibitor and apoptosis inducer to treat aggressive malignancies...
- Integrin signaling inhibits paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in breast cancer cellsF Aoudjit
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Oncogene 20:4995-5004. 2001..ligation of beta1 integrins by their extracellular matrix ligands inhibits significantly apoptosis induced by paclitaxel and vincristine, two microtubule-directed chemotherapeutic agents that are widely used in the therapy of breast ..
- Potentiation of paclitaxel-induced apoptosis by the novel cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor NU6140: a possible role for survivin down-regulationMarzia Pennati
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1328-37. 2005..Here, we define the cellular effects of the novel CDK inhibitor NU6140, alone or in association with paclitaxel, with respect to inhibition of cell proliferation and cell cycle progression and induction of apoptosis in HeLa ..
- Independent review of E2100: a phase III trial of bevacizumab plus paclitaxel versus paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancerRobert Gray
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4966-72. 2009..demonstrated a significant improvement in progression-free survival (PFS) and overall response rate (ORR) with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab compared with paclitaxel alone as initial chemotherapy for patients with HER2-negative ..
- Everolimus-eluting versus paclitaxel-eluting stents in coronary artery diseaseGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1663-74. 2010Previous studies have established the superiority of coronary everolimus-eluting stents over paclitaxel-eluting stents with respect to angiographic findings. However, these trials were not powered for superiority in clinical end points.
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin plus irinotecan versus carboplatin plus paclitaxel, cisplatin plus gemcitabine, and cisplatin plus vinorelbine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Four-Arm Cooperative Study in JapanY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:317-23. 2007..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of three platinum-based combination regimens against cisplatin plus irinotecan (IP) in patients with untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by a non-inferiority design...
- Low-dose paclitaxel ameliorates renal fibrosis in rat UUO model by inhibition of TGF-beta/Smad activityDongshan Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Lab Invest 90:436-47. 2010..Aberrant TGF-beta/Smad signaling can be modulated by stabilization of microtubules with paclitaxel. In this study, we investigated if paclitaxel can attenuate tubulointerstitial fibrosis in a rat model of ..
- Neovascular targeting therapy: paclitaxel encapsulated in cationic liposomes improves antitumoral efficacyMarcus Schmitt-Sody
Institute for Surgical Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:2335-41. 2003..It was the aim of our study to evaluate tumor selectivity and antitumoral efficacy of paclitaxel encapsulated in cationic liposomes in comparison with the free drug paclitaxel (Taxol(R)) in vivo.
- Significantly longer progression-free survival with nab-paclitaxel compared with docetaxel as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3611-9. 2009In patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC), nab-paclitaxel produced significantly higher antitumor activity compared with patients who received solvent-based paclitaxel...
- Paclitaxel-loaded PEGylated PLGA-based nanoparticles: in vitro and in vivo evaluationFabienne Danhier
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue Mounier, 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 133:11-7. 2009The purpose of this study was to develop Cremophor EL-free nanoparticles loaded with Paclitaxel (PTX), intended to be intravenously administered, able to improve the therapeutic index of the drug and devoid of the adverse effects of ..
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase increases efficacy of paclitaxel in in vitro and in vivo ovarian cancer modelsLimin Hu
Center for Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0556, USA
Cancer Res 62:1087-92. 2002..an ovarian cancer cell line, and thus activation of the PI3k/AKT pathway, confers resistance to the effects of paclitaxel, one of the major drugs used in ovarian cancer therapy...
- Randomized phase III trial of weekly compared with every-3-weeks paclitaxel for metastatic breast cancer, with trastuzumab for all HER-2 overexpressors and random assignment to trastuzumab or not in HER-2 nonoverexpressors: final results of Cancer and LeuAndrew D Seidman
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1642-9. 2008Phase II trials suggested that weekly paclitaxel might be more effective and less toxic than every-3-weeks administration for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- The extracellular matrix protein TGFBI induces microtubule stabilization and sensitizes ovarian cancers to paclitaxelAhmed Ashour Ahmed
Functional Genomics of Drug Resistance Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Cancer Cell 12:514-27. 2007..the ECM protein TGFBI (transforming growth factor beta induced) is sufficient to induce specific resistance to paclitaxel and mitotic spindle abnormalities in ovarian cancer cells...
- Mechanisms of Taxol resistance related to microtubulesGeorge A Orr
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Oncogene 22:7280-95. 2003..A review of tubulin structure, microtubule dynamics, the mechanism of action of Taxol and its binding site on the microtubule are included, so that the reader can evaluate Taxol resistance in context...
- A phase II trial of nab-paclitaxel (ABI-007) and carboplatin in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma : a North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study, N057E(1)Lisa A Kottschade
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 117:1704-10. 2011There is increasing evidence that paclitaxel and carboplatin are clinically active in the treatment of metastatic melanoma (MM)...
- Improved late clinical safety with zotarolimus-eluting stents compared with paclitaxel-eluting stents in patients with de novo coronary lesions: 3-year follow-up from the ENDEAVOR IV (Randomized Comparison of Zotarolimus- and Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents in Martin B Leon
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 3:1043-50. 2010The increased frequency of very late (>1 year) stent thrombosis (VLST) has raised concerns with regard to the safety of sirolimus-eluting stents and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES).
- The eradication of breast cancer and cancer stem cells using octreotide modified paclitaxel active targeting micelles and salinomycin passive targeting micellesYang Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Biomaterials 33:679-91. 2012..breast cancer stem cells which can not be eliminated by the conventional chemotherapy, octreotide (Oct)-modified paclitaxel (PTX)-loaded PEG-b-PCL polymeric micelles (Oct-M-PTX) and salinomycin (SAL)-loaded PEG-b-PCL polymeric micelles (..
- Preparation, characterization, and in vitro targeted delivery of folate-decorated paclitaxel-loaded bovine serum albumin nanoparticlesDongmei Zhao
Key Laboratory of Forest Plant Ecology, Northeast Forestry University, Ministry of Education, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:669-77. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol(®)) is an important anticancer drug in clinical use for treatment of a variety of cancers...
- A phase 2 pilot trial of low-dose, continuous infusion, or "metronomic" paclitaxel and oral celecoxib in patients with metastatic melanomaRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 116:1751-6. 2010..Angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels, is necessary for tumor growth and progression. Thus, the authors tested the safety and efficacy of a low dose of paclitaxel and celecoxib in patients with MM.
- Randomized, double-blind trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel with either daily oral cediranib or placebo in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: NCIC clinical trials group BR24 studyGlenwood D Goss
FCP SA, FRCPC, The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa ON K1H 8L6, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:49-55. 2010..PATIENTS AND METHODS Paclitaxel (200 mg/m(2)) and carboplatin (area under the serum concentration-time curve 6) were given every 3 weeks, with ..
- Phase III study of carboplatin and paclitaxel alone or with sorafenib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano, Torino, Italy 10043
J Clin Oncol 28:1835-42. 2010..the efficacy and safety of sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel in chemotherapy-naïve patients with unresectable stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Discriminated effects of thiolated chitosan-coated pMMA paclitaxel-loaded nanoparticles on different normal and cancer cell linesSeyedeh Parinaz Akhlaghi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Nanomedicine 6:689-97. 2010..b>Paclitaxel (PTX), a model anticancer drug, was encapsulated in nanoparticles with a maximal encapsulation efficiency of 98...
- Albumin-bound formulation of paclitaxel (Abraxane ABI-007) in the treatment of breast cancerEvelina Miele
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Nanomedicine 4:99-105. 2009..lipid-based solvents have been used as a vehicle, and new systemic formulations have been developed, mostly for paclitaxel, which are Cremophor-free and increase the circulation time of the drug...
- Targeting of tumor endothelium by RGD-grafted PLGA-nanoparticles loaded with paclitaxelFabienne Danhier
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue Mounier 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 140:166-73. 2009b>Paclitaxel (PTX)-loaded PEGylated PLGA-based nanoparticles (NP) have been previously described as more effective in vitro and in vivo than taxol...
- Phase III trial of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced carcinoma of the urotheliumRobert Dreicer
Department of Hematology Oncology and Urologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 100:1639-45. 2004The regimens of carboplatin plus paclitaxel (CP) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (M-VAC) were compared in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma.
- Assessment of an RNA interference screen-derived mitotic and ceramide pathway metagene as a predictor of response to neoadjuvant paclitaxel for primary triple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective analysis of five clinical trialsNicolai Juul
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Lancet Oncol 11:358-65. 2010..We previously identified genes involved in mitosis or ceramide metabolism that influenced sensitivity to paclitaxel, with an RNA interference (RNAi) screen in three cancer cell lines, including a triple-negative breast-cancer ..
- Clinical course of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients experiencing hypertension during treatment with bevacizumab in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel on ECOG 4599Suzanne E Dahlberg
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, CLSB 11007, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:949-54. 2010..targets vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) with demonstrated efficacy in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel (PCB) for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Paclitaxel-functionalized gold nanoparticlesJacob D Gibson
Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11653-61. 2007..the first example of 2 nm gold nanoparticles (Au NPs) covalently functionalized with a chemotherapeutic drug, paclitaxel. The synthetic strategy involves the attachment of a flexible hexaethylene glycol linker at the C-7 position of ..
- Paclitaxel-dependent cell lines reveal a novel drug activityAnutosh Ganguly
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, The University of Texas Medical School, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2914-23. 2010We previously described the isolation of Tax 18 and Tax 11-6, two paclitaxel-dependent cell lines that assemble low amounts of microtubule polymer and require the drug for cell division...
- The kinetics of force-induced cell reorganization depend on microtubules and actinAlexandra M Goldyn
Department of New Materials and Biosystems, Max Planck Institute for Metals Research, Heisenbergstr 3, Stuttgart, Germany
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 67:241-50. 2010..Overall, we conclude that acto-myosin, together with microtubules, regulate the kinetics of force-induced cell reorientation...
- Clinical application of airway bypass with paclitaxel-eluting stents: early resultsPaulo F G Cardoso
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Santa Casa de Porto Alegre Pavilhao Pereira Filho Hospital, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:974-81. 2007To assess the safety and early clinical results of a multicenter evaluation of airway bypass with paclitaxel-eluting stents for selected patients with severe emphysema.
- Feasibility and efficacy of percutaneous transcatheter intraarterial chemotherapy with paclitaxel in albumin nanoparticles for advanced squamous-cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, and hypopharynxBruno Damascelli
Department of Radiology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:1395-403. 2007..results of a phase I trial, this phase II trial was conducted to study the efficacy and safety of intraarterial induction chemotherapy with a novel nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel formulation in advanced head and neck cancer.
- Targeted nanoparticles that deliver a sustained, specific release of Paclitaxel to irradiated tumorsRalph J Passarella
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Res 70:4550-9. 2010..Conjugation of GIRLRG to a sustained-release nanoparticle drug delivery system yielded increased paclitaxel concentration and apoptosis in irradiated breast carcinomas for up to 3 weeks...
- Outcomes in patients with de novo left main disease treated with either percutaneous coronary intervention using paclitaxel-eluting stents or coronary artery bypass graft treatment in the Synergy Between Percutaneous Coronary Intervention with TAXUS and CMarie Claude Morice
Institut Hospitalier Jacques Cartier, 6 avenue du Noyer Lambert, Massy, France
Circulation 121:2645-53. 2010....
- Cremophor-free intravenous microemulsions for paclitaxel II. Stability, in vitro release and pharmacokineticsAdwoa O Nornoo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Int J Pharm 349:117-23. 2008..LBMW (lecithin:butanol:myvacet:water) and CMW (capmul:myvacet:water), for intravenous (IV) administration of paclitaxel (PAC) were previously developed and characterized...
- 2-deoxy-D-glucose increases the efficacy of adriamycin and paclitaxel in human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancers in vivoGregory Maschek
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer Res 64:31-4. 2004..strategy in vivo using the glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) in combination with Adriamycin (ADR) or paclitaxel in nude mouse xenograft models of human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancer...
- Suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) potentiates paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cell linesCharles S Dietrich
Gynecologic Oncology Service, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Road, Honolulu, HI 96859 5000, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:126-30. 2010To determine if SAHA, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, decreases ovarian cancer cell viability when combined with paclitaxel in vitro, and to explore molecular alterations of combined paclitaxel+SAHA treatment.
- Tau expression and efficacy of paclitaxel treatment in metastatic breast cancerSatoru Tanaka
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki City, Osaka, 569 8686, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:341-6. 2009b>Paclitaxel is widely used for the treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Paclitaxel-loaded Pluronic P123/F127 mixed polymeric micelles: formulation, optimization and in vitro characterizationZhang Wei
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Pharm 376:176-85. 2009..was to optimize and characterize a novel polymeric mixed micelle composed of Pluronic P123 and F127 loaded with paclitaxel (PTX)...
- Treatment rationale and study design for the pointbreak study: a randomized, open-label phase III study of pemetrexed/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance pemetrexed/bevacizumab versus paclitaxel/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance Jyoti D Patel
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 10:252-6. 2009..carboplatin/bevacizumab induction followed by pemetrexed/bevacizumab maintenance (arm A) compared with paclitaxel/carboplatin/bevacizumab induction followed by bevacizumab maintenance (arm B) in patients with advanced ..
- Taxol-induced apoptosis in human SKOV3 ovarian and MCF7 breast carcinoma cells is caspase-3 and caspase-9 independentR Ofir
Department of Research and Development Hazeva, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Cell Death Differ 9:636-42. 2002..We conclude that a unique caspase-3 and caspase-9 independent pathway is elicited by taxol to induce apoptosis in human ovarian and breast cancinoma cells...
- Enhanced oral paclitaxel bioavailability after administration of paclitaxel-loaded lipid nanocapsulesSandra Peltier
U646, Angers, F 49100 France, Universite d Angers, Angers, F 49035, Cedex1, France
Pharm Res 23:1243-50. 2006The aim of this study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel-loaded lipid nanocapsules (LNC) in rats to assess the intrinsic effect of the dosage form on the improvement of paclitaxel oral exposure.
- FDA drug approval summary: bevacizumab (Avastin) plus Carboplatin and Paclitaxel as first-line treatment of advanced/metastatic recurrent nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancerMartin H Cohen
Division of Biological Oncology Products, Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Oncologist 12:713-8. 2007..South San Francisco, CA), administered in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel, for the initial treatment of patients with unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent, or metastatic, ..
- Taxol-induced ceramide generation and apoptosis in human breast cancer cellsA G Charles
John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica CA 90404, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:444-50. 2001..This is of relevance to drug mechanism studies, as ceramide is a known messenger of apoptosis. Clinical use of Taxol with ceramide-enhancing agents may maximize cytotoxic potential...
- A phase I trial of the oral, multikinase inhibitor sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxelKeith T Flaherty
The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4836-42. 2008..tolerated dose, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor, combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with solid tumors...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with advanced carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: a study by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology GroupA Bamias
Department of Clinical TherapeuticsUniversity of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
J Clin Oncol 22:2150-4. 2004..We prospectively studied a cohort of patients who underwent surgery for high-risk carcinoma of the upper urinary tract to assess the feasibility of the combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin as adjuvant treatment.
- A phase II study of docetaxel in paclitaxel-resistant ovarian and peritoneal carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyPeter G Rose
Case Western Reserve University, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Gynecol Oncol 88:130-5. 2003Docetaxel is an inhibitor of microtubule depolymerization and has demonstrated activity in paclitaxel-resistant breast cancer and gynecologic cancer...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: significantly enhanced response with docetaxelIan C Smith
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:1456-66. 2002..To compare the efficacy of neoadjuvant (NA) docetaxel (DOC) with anthracycline-based therapy and determine the efficacy of NA DOC in patients with breast cancer initially failing to respond to anthracycline-based NA chemotherapy (CT)...
- Sustained reduction of in-stent neointimal growth with the use of a novel systemic nanoparticle paclitaxelFrank D Kolodgie
Department of Cardiovascular Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Circulation 106:1195-8. 2002b>Paclitaxel (PXL)-eluting stents in animals cause incomplete healing and, in some instances, a lack of sustained suppression of neointimal growth...
- NK105, a paclitaxel-incorporating micellar nanoparticle formulation, can extend in vivo antitumour activity and reduce the neurotoxicity of paclitaxelT Hamaguchi
Department of Medicine, President of National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Br J Cancer 92:1240-6. 2005b>Paclitaxel (PTX) is one of the most effective anticancer agents. In clinical practice, however, high incidences of adverse reactions of the drug, for example, neurotoxicity, myelosuppression, and allergic reactions, have been reported...
- Multicenter phase II trial of ABI-007, an albumin-bound paclitaxel, in women with metastatic breast cancerNuhad K Ibrahim
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6019-26. 2005ABI-007 is a novel nanoparticle, albumin-bound paclitaxel that is free of solvents. This multicenter phase II study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ABI-007 for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer (MBC).
- Phase I and pharmacokinetics trial of ABI-007, a novel nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonhematologic malignanciesDavid W Nyman
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Arizona Cancer Center University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7785-93. 2005ABI-007 is a novel solvent-free, albumin-bound, 130-nm particle formulation of paclitaxel designed to avoid solvent-related toxicities and to deliver paclitaxel to tumors via molecular pathways involving an endothelial cell-surface ..
- Paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in BJAB cells proceeds via a death receptor-independent, caspases-3/-8-driven mitochondrial amplification loopClarissa von Haefen
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology, University Medical Center Charite, University of Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 22:2236-47. 2003..shift transition, and cell death during apoptosis induced by treatment with the microtubule-damaging agent paclitaxel (Taxol)...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..In the first portion of this proposal, we plan to study the biosynthesis of the potent anti-cancer drug taxol (paclitaxel)...
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF THE ANTITUMOR DRUG TAXOLMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the linkage between microtubule dynamics, mitotic block, and resistance to taxol promises to lead to new drug targets that will improve the efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- Size-tunable cancer nanotherapeuticsJuntao Luo; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Paclitaxel is a standard and effective chemotherapeutic agent for many cancer types. However, Cremophor EL in the formulation of PTX (Taxol(R)) causes significant side effects such as allergic reactions...
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary data also indicate that paclitaxel- SWNT conjugate is superior to the Cremophor ELP solubilized paclitaxel (PTX) for cancer therapy...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2007..In collaboration with Prof. David Sherman's laboratory at the University of Michigan, we plan to isolate and clone the biosynthetic gene clusters for paraherquamide and stephacidin biosynthesis. ..
- Role of the Acetyltransferase p300 in Cellular ResponsesMaria Avantaggiati; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anti-microtubule drugs of clinical relevance include paclitaxel (taxol), vinca alkaloids (vinblastin and vincrisitn), nocodazole and colchicine...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..in the first portion of this proposal, he plans to study the biosynthesis of the potent anti-cancer drug taxol (paclitaxel) and that his short-term objectives are to synthesize, in stable and radioisotopically-labeled form, the primary ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the chemical technologies being developed, will be applied to the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer drugs. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Michael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the chemical technologies being developed, will be applied to the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer drugs. ..
- NEW ANTIMICROTUBULE AGENTS FROM MARINE ORGANISMSBradley Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The vinca alkaloids cause microtubule depolymerization, while the diterpene paclitaxel and its derivative taxotere stabilize microtubule...
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..
- Hydrotropic Polymers for oral delivery of paclitaxelKinam Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..dendrimers, and polymeric micelles that achieve solubility enhancement by several orders of magnitude for paclitaxel, a notoriously poorly soluble anticancer drug...
- P450 PHENOTYPE AND CHEMOTHERAPY TOXICITY IN THE ELDERLYELIZABETH DEES; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal examines the value of probe tests of CYP activity in predicting pharmacokinetics and toxicity of paclitaxel and vinorelbine. Paclitaxel is principally metabolized by CYP2C8 and CYP3A4, and vinorelbine by CYP3A4...
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) Development of new generation taxoid antitumor agents (2.1.) Determination of bioactive conformation of paclitaxel. It is extremely important to find out how paclitaxel, a powerful anticancer drug, interact with microtubules in ..
- Telomeres, telomerase and chemotherapy: Bench to bedsideJessie L S Au; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that paclitaxel causes direct damage to telomeres and induces telomerase activity, and that telomerase inhibitors, including hTR ..