Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cyclodecane isolated from the bark of the Pacific yew tree, TAXUS BREVIFOLIA. It stabilizes MICROTUBULES in their polymerized form leading to cell death.
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Gefitinib or carboplatin-paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinomaTony S Mok
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
N Engl J Med 361:947-57. 2009..Previous, uncontrolled studies have suggested that first-line treatment with gefitinib would be efficacious in selected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2D J Slamon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1678, USA
N Engl J Med 344:783-92. 2001..The HER2 gene, which encodes the growth factor receptor HER2, is amplified and HER2 is overexpressed in 25 to 30 percent of breast cancers, increasing the aggressiveness of the tumor...
- Microtubules as a target for anticancer drugsMary Ann Jordan
University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 4:253-65. 2004
- Biomarker analyses and final overall survival results from a phase III, randomized, open-label, first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Asia (IPASS)Masahiro Fukuoka
Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:2866-74. 2011The results of the Iressa Pan-Asia Study (IPASS), which compared gefitinib and carboplatin/paclitaxel in previously untreated never-smokers and light ex-smokers with advanced pulmonary adenocarcinoma were published previously...
- A polymer-based, paclitaxel-eluting stent in patients with coronary artery diseaseGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, New York 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 350:221-31. 2004Restenosis after coronary stenting necessitates repeated percutaneous or surgical revascularization procedures. The delivery of paclitaxel to the site of vascular injury may reduce the incidence of neointimal hyperplasia and restenosis.
- Ipilimumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line treatment in stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter phase II studyThomas J Lynch
Yale Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2046-54. 2012..A phase II study in lung cancer assessed the activity of ipilimumab plus paclitaxel and carboplatin.
- Gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel is an active regimen in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a phase I/II trialDaniel D Von Hoff
TGen Virginia G Piper Cancer Ctr, 445 N Fifth St, Suite 600, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4548-54. 2011The trial objectives were to identify the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of first-line gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma and to provide efficacy and safety data...
- MicroRNA-125b confers the resistance of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel through suppression of pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 antagonist killer 1 (Bak1) expressionMing Zhou
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36604, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21496-507. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is an effective chemotherapeutic agent for treatment of cancer patients. Despite impressive initial clinical responses, the majority of patients eventually develop some degree of resistance to Taxol-based therapy...
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..We present the combined results of two trials that compared adjuvant chemotherapy with or without concurrent trastuzumab in women with surgically removed HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Increased survival in pancreatic cancer with nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabineDaniel D Von Hoff
From the Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, and Virginia G Piper Cancer Center, Scottsdale both in Arizona D D V H, R K R Cancer Specialists, Fort Myers, FL T E Arena Oncology Associates, Lake Success F P A, and Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo W W M both in New York University of Washington, Seattle E G C Sarah Cannon Research Institute Tennessee Oncology, Nashville J Infante Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto M M Atlanta Cancer Care T S and Georgia Cancer Specialists M N S both in Atlanta Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Moscow S A T Southern Health, East Bentleigh, VIC M H, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney D G, and Bionomics, Thebarton, SA J Iglesias all in Australia San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan M R Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada S D Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore D L University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh N B Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona J T Centro Integral Oncológico Clara Campal, Madrid M H University Hospitals Leuven and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium E V C and Celgene, Summit, NJ X W, M F R
N Engl J Med 369:1691-703. 2013In a phase 1-2 trial of albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus gemcitabine, substantial clinical activity was noted in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer...
- Synergistic anti-tumor activity of isochaihulactone and paclitaxel on human lung cancer cellsYung luen Yu
The PhD Program for Cancer Biology and Drug Discovery, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:213-22. 2012..Here, we show that isochaihulactone (K8) enhanced paclitaxel-induced apoptotic death in human lung cancer cells, and the enhancing effect was related to increased NSAID-..
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II study of AMG 386 combined with weekly paclitaxel in patients with recurrent ovarian cancerBeth Y Karlan
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:362-71. 2012..estimate the efficacy and toxicity of AMG 386, an investigational peptide-Fc fusion protein that neutralizes the interaction between the Tie2 receptor and angiopoietin-1/2, plus weekly paclitaxel in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer.
- nab-Paclitaxel potentiates gemcitabine activity by reducing cytidine deaminase levels in a mouse model of pancreatic cancerKristopher K Frese
Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Discov 2:260-9. 2012Nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab)-paclitaxel, an albumin-stabilized paclitaxel formulation, demonstrates clinical activity when administered in combination with gemcitabine in patients with metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA)...
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003In randomized trials the combination of cisplatin and paclitaxel was superior to cisplatin and cyclophosphamide in advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Restoration of miR-200c to ovarian cancer reduces tumor burden and increases sensitivity to paclitaxelDiana M Cittelly
Departments of Pathology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:2556-65. 2012..Furthermore, even in established tumors, restoration of miR-200c, alone or in combination with paclitaxel, results in significantly decreased tumor burden...
- Pharmacogenomic predictor of sensitivity to preoperative chemotherapy with paclitaxel and fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in breast cancerKenneth R Hess
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4236-44. 2006We developed a multigene predictor of pathologic complete response (pCR) to preoperative weekly paclitaxel and fluorouracil-doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide (T/FAC) chemotherapy and assessed its predictive accuracy on independent cases.
- Pathology of drug-eluting stents in humans: delayed healing and late thrombotic riskMichael Joner
CVPath, International Registry of Pathology, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:193-202. 2006..This study examined human drug-eluting stents (DES) to determine the long-term effects of these stents on coronary arterial healing and identified mechanisms underlying late stent thrombosis (LST)...
- TRIBUTE: a phase III trial of erlotinib hydrochloride (OSI-774) combined with carboplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5892-9. 2005..Erlotinib was combined with chemotherapy to determine if it could improve the outcome of patients with NSCLC...
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer.
- miR-34c may protect lung cancer cells from paclitaxel-induced apoptosisS Catuogno
Istituto per l Endocrinologia e l Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 32:341-51. 2013..Among them, miR-34c-5p markedly increased resistance to paclitaxel-induced apoptosis...
- Association of breast cancer stem cells identified by aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 expression with resistance to sequential Paclitaxel and epirubicin-based chemotherapy for breast cancersTomonori Tanei
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4234-41. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate whether cancer stem cells were clinically significant for resistance to chemotherapy in human breast cancers...
- Outcomes associated with drug-eluting and bare-metal stents: a collaborative network meta-analysisChristoph Stettler
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Lancet 370:937-48. 2007..the two drug-eluting stents approved by the US Food and Drug Administration-a sirolimus-eluting stent and a paclitaxel-eluting stent-are associated with increased risks of death, myocardial infarction, or stent thrombosis compared ..
- Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7794-803. 2005ABI-007, the first biologically interactive albumin-bound paclitaxel in a nanameter particle, free of solvents, was compared with polyethylated castor oil-based standard paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin plus irinotecan versus carboplatin plus paclitaxel, cisplatin plus gemcitabine, and cisplatin plus vinorelbine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Four-Arm Cooperative Study in JapanY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:317-23. 2007..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of three platinum-based combination regimens against cisplatin plus irinotecan (IP) in patients with untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by a non-inferiority design...
- Twist transcriptionally up-regulates AKT2 in breast cancer cells leading to increased migration, invasion, and resistance to paclitaxelGeorge Z Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Res 67:1979-87. 2007..Moreover, silencing AKT2 decreased Twist-promoted migration, invasion, and paclitaxel resistance...
- Microtubules and resistance to tubulin-binding agentsMaria Kavallaris
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Nat Rev Cancer 10:194-204. 2010..microtubule polymer mass and/or drug binding are associated with resistance to tubulin-binding agents such as paclitaxel. The aberrant expression of specific beta-tubulin isotypes, in particular betaIII-tubulin, or of microtubule-..
- Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor-free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxelNeil Desai
American BioScience, Inc, Santa Monica, California 90403, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1317-24. 2006ABI-007, an albumin-bound, 130-nm particle form of paclitaxel, was developed to avoid Cremophor/ethanol-associated toxicities in Cremophor-based paclitaxel (Taxol) and to exploit albumin receptor-mediated endothelial transport...
- Updated overall survival results from a randomized phase III trial comparing gefitinib with carboplatin-paclitaxel for chemo-naïve non-small cell lung cancer with sensitive EGFR gene mutations (NEJ002)A Inoue
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Ann Oncol 24:54-9. 2013NEJ002 study, comparing gefitinib with carboplatin (CBDCA) and paclitaxel (PTX; Taxol) as the first-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) harboring an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation, previously ..
- Impact of albumin on drug delivery--new applications on the horizonBakheet Elsadek
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Assiut Branch, 71524 Assiut, Egypt
J Control Release 157:4-28. 2012....
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, may enhance antitumor efficacy of cytotoxics, and combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin had acceptable tolerability in a phase I trial...
- TLR-4 signaling promotes tumor growth and paclitaxel chemoresistance in ovarian cancerMichael G Kelly
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Res 66:3859-68. 2006..In addition, we provide new evidence that links TLR-4 signaling, inflammation, and chemoresistance in ovarian cancer cells...
- Pathological correlates of late drug-eluting stent thrombosis: strut coverage as a marker of endothelializationAloke V Finn
Cardiac Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Circulation 115:2435-41. 2007..Although the clinical predictors of LST have been reported, specific morphological and histological correlates of LST remain unknown...
- Results of a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel as second-line treatment in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanomaAxel Hauschild
University of Kiel, Kiel, Charite Berlin
J Clin Oncol 27:2823-30. 2009..placebo-controlled study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of sorafenib with carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with advanced melanoma who had progressed on a dacarbazine- or temozolomide-containing regimen.
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancerDeborah K Armstrong
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 354:34-43. 2006..The Gynecologic Oncology Group conducted a randomized, phase 3 trial that compared intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage ..
- Dose-dense paclitaxel once a week in combination with carboplatin every 3 weeks for advanced ovarian cancer: a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trialNoriyuki Katsumata
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet 374:1331-8. 2009b>Paclitaxel and carboplatin given every 3 weeks is standard treatment for advanced ovarian carcinoma. Attempts to improve patient survival by including other drugs have yielded disappointing results...
- Paclitaxel plus bevacizumab versus paclitaxel alone for metastatic breast cancerKathy Miller
Indiana University Cancer Center, Indianapolis, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2666-76. 2007In an open-label, randomized, phase 3 trial, we compared the efficacy and safety of paclitaxel with that of paclitaxel plus bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, as initial treatment for metastatic ..
- Autophagy inhibition promotes paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in cancer cellsGuangmin Xi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, China
Cancer Lett 307:141-8. 2011b>Paclitaxel has been demonstrated to be an effective mitotic inhibitor and apoptosis inducer to treat aggressive malignancies...
- Pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin and Carboplatin compared with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for patients with platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer in late relapseEric Pujade-Lauraine
University Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:3323-9. 2010..the efficacy and safety of the combination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) with carboplatin (CD) compared with standard carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with platinum-sensitive relapsed/recurrent ovarian cancer (ROC).
- Association of vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 genetic polymorphisms with outcome in a trial of paclitaxel compared with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab in advanced breast cancer: ECOG 2100Bryan P Schneider
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4672-8. 2008..Therefore, we evaluated the association of VEGF genotype with efficacy and toxicity in E2100, a phase III study comparing paclitaxel versus paclitaxel plus bevacizumab as initial chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer.
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..GOG, study #111) in the United States showed a better outcome for patients with advanced ovarian cancer on the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen than for those on a standard cyclophosphamide-cisplatin regimen...
- MRP7/ABCC10 expression is a predictive biomarker for the resistance to paclitaxel in non-small cell lung cancerTetsuya Oguri
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1150-5. 2008We used the paclitaxel-resistant human small cell lung cancer subline PC-6/TAX1-1, selected from PC-6 cells by paclitaxel, to test whether MRP7/ABCC10 (ABCC10) confers paclitaxel resistance...
- Everolimus-eluting versus paclitaxel-eluting stents in coronary artery diseaseGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1663-74. 2010Previous studies have established the superiority of coronary everolimus-eluting stents over paclitaxel-eluting stents with respect to angiographic findings. However, these trials were not powered for superiority in clinical end points.
- MiR-148a attenuates paclitaxel resistance of hormone-refractory, drug-resistant prostate cancer PC3 cells by regulating MSK1 expressionYasunori Fujita
Department of Longevity and Aging Research, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Gifu 504 0838, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:19076-84. 2010..inhibited cell growth, and cell migration and invasion, and increased the sensitivity to anti-cancer drug paclitaxel in PC3 cells...
- Local delivery of paclitaxel to inhibit restenosis during angioplasty of the legGunnar Tepe
Radiologische Klinik, Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Eberhard Karls Universitat, Tubingen, Germany
N Engl J Med 358:689-99. 2008..We investigated the use of paclitaxel-coated angioplasty balloons and paclitaxel dissolved in the angiographic contrast medium during angioplasty of ..
- Weekly nab-paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin versus solvent-based paclitaxel plus carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: final results of a phase III trialMark A Socinski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2055-62. 2012This phase III trial compared the efficacy and safety of albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin with solvent-based paclitaxel (sb-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Randomized phase II study of dulanermin in combination with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJean Charles Soria
South Paris University, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 29:4442-51. 2011To evaluate the efficacy and safety of dulanermin combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PC) and bevacizumab (PCB) as first-line treatment for advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment.
- Health-related quality-of-life in a randomized phase III first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients from Asia with advanced NSCLC (IPASS)Sumitra Thongprasert
Department of Medicine, Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Thorac Oncol 6:1872-80. 2011....
- The miR-200 family controls beta-tubulin III expression and is associated with paclitaxel-based treatment response and progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patientsSusanna Leskela
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:85-95. 2011..Thus, new biomarkers predictive of response to the standard paclitaxel-carboplatin treatment are needed to improve chemotherapy strategies...
- International, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind phase III study of motesanib plus carboplatin/paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: MONET1Giorgio V Scagliotti
University of Turin, S Luigi Hospital, Turin, Italy
J Clin Oncol 30:2829-36. 2012..growth factor receptors 1, 2, and 3; platelet-derived growth factor receptor; and Kit) combined with carboplatin/paclitaxel improved overall survival (OS) versus chemotherapy alone in patients with nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer ..
- Shape effects of filaments versus spherical particles in flow and drug deliveryYan Geng
NanoBioPolymers and Molecular and Cell Biophysics Lab, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Nanotechnol 2:249-55. 2007..Preliminary results further demonstrate that filomicelles can effectively deliver the anticancer drug paclitaxel and shrink human-derived tumours in mice...
- Phase I study of everolimus plus weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with metastatic breast cancer pretreated with trastuzumabFabrice Andre
Breast Cancer Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, University Paris XI and Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 28:5110-5. 2010To determine the recommended dose of everolimus, a mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor, combined with paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer ..
- Randomized phase III placebo-controlled trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel with or without the vascular disrupting agent vadimezan (ASA404) in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerPrimo N Lara
University of California, Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X St, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2965-71. 2011....
- Anti-apoptotic role of HIF-1 and AP-1 in paclitaxel exposed breast cancer cells under hypoxiaLionel Flamant
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology URBC, NARILIS NAmur Research Institute for LIfe Sciences FUNDP University of Namur, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Mol Cancer 9:191. 2010..Hypoxia is a hallmark of solid tumors and is associated with metastases, therapeutic resistance and poor patient survival...
- Comparison of zotarolimus-eluting stents with sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents for coronary revascularization: the ZEST (comparison of the efficacy and safety of zotarolimus-eluting stent with sirolimus-eluting and paclitaxel-eluting stent for corDuk Woo Park
Department of Cardiology, Center for Medical Research and Information, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1187-95. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relative efficacy and safety of zotarolimus-eluting stents (ZES) in comparison with the established and widely used sirolimus- (SES) and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) in routine clinical practice.
- Comparison of inflammatory response after implantation of sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents in porcine coronary arteriesGregory J Wilson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 120:141-9, 1-2. 2009Although both sirolimus (CYPHER) and paclitaxel (TAXUS) drug-eluting stents have demonstrated efficacy and safety in clinical trials, human autopsy data have raised concerns about long-term healing and the potential for local inflammatory ..
- Autocrine production of interleukin-6 confers cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cellsYue Wang
Department of Immunology, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 295:110-23. 2010..IL-6) and endogenous IL-6 (by transfecting with plasmid encoding for sense IL-6) induce cisplatin and paclitaxel resistance in non-IL-6-expressing A2780 cells, while deleting of endogenous IL-6 expression in IL-6-..
- Chromosomal instability determines taxane responseCharles Swanton
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8671-6. 2009..In diploid cells, but not in chromosomally unstable cells, paclitaxel causes repression of CIN-survival genes, followed by cell death...
- 2-deoxy-D-glucose increases the efficacy of adriamycin and paclitaxel in human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancers in vivoGregory Maschek
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer Res 64:31-4. 2004..strategy in vivo using the glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) in combination with Adriamycin (ADR) or paclitaxel in nude mouse xenograft models of human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancer...
- Paclitaxel and its formulationsAnil K Singla
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, 160 014, Chandigarh, India
Int J Pharm 235:179-92. 2002b>Paclitaxel (Taxol) is a promising anti-tumor agent with poor water solubility. It is effective for various cancers especially ovarian and breast cancer...
- Novel action of paclitaxel against cancer cells: bystander effect mediated by reactive oxygen speciesJerome Alexandre
Department of Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Cancer Res 67:3512-7. 2007Generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) has been observed in cancer cells treated with paclitaxel, but the underlying mechanisms and therapeutic implications remain unclear...
- Phase III study of carboplatin and paclitaxel alone or with sorafenib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano, Torino, Italy 10043
J Clin Oncol 28:1835-42. 2010..the efficacy and safety of sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel in chemotherapy-naïve patients with unresectable stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- MiR-34a attenuates paclitaxel-resistance of hormone-refractory prostate cancer PC3 cells through direct and indirect mechanismsKeitaro Kojima
Department of Urology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Prostate 70:1501-12. 2010..We aimed to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying paclitaxel resistance of hormone-refractory prostate cancer with a special focus on the roles of miR-34a and SIRT1.
- Chemoresistance to paclitaxel induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition and enhances metastatic potential for epithelial ovarian carcinoma cellsHiroaki Kajiyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:277-83. 2007The aim of this study was to assess paclitaxel resistant-epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) cells for cellular morphology, motility, and molecular changes consistent with epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)...
- A randomized clinical trial of cisplatin/paclitaxel versus carboplatin/paclitaxel as first-line treatment of ovarian cancerAndreas du Bois
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Horst Schmidt Kliniken, Wiesbaden, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1320-9. 2003..Therefore, we performed a randomized, phase III non-inferiority trial comparing paclitaxel plus cisplatin (PT) with paclitaxel plus carboplatin (TC) in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.
- Early and late coronary stent thrombosis of sirolimus-eluting and paclitaxel-eluting stents in routine clinical practice: data from a large two-institutional cohort studyJoost Daemen
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 369:667-78. 2007..Stent thrombosis is a safety concern associated with use of drug-eluting stents. Little is known about occurrence of stent thrombosis more than 1 year after implantation of such stents...
- Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the GynecolM Markman
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Department of Hematology/Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1001-7. 2001..and overall survival in small-volume residual ovarian cancer after treatment with intravenous (IV) cisplatin and paclitaxel or an experimental regimen of IV carboplatin followed by IV paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin...
- Endothelial cell recovery between comparator polymer-based drug-eluting stentsMichael Joner
German Heart Center, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:333-42. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess trends in endothelial coverage and recovery among leading polymer-based drug-eluting stents (DES)...
- Low-dose paclitaxel ameliorates fibrosis in the remnant kidney model by down-regulating miR-192Lin Sun
Department of Nephrology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 225:364-77. 2011..play a central role in the development of tubulointerstitial fibrosis, which can be corrected via treatment with paclitaxel. The biology of microRNA (miR) can be modulated by paclitaxel...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutation status in circulating free DNA in serum: from IPASS, a phase III study of gefitinib or carboplatin/paclitaxel in non-small cell lung cancerKoichi Goto
Division of Thoracic Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 7:115-21. 2012..Study), clinically selected patients with pulmonary adenocarcinoma received first-line gefitinib or carboplatin/paclitaxel. This preplanned, exploratory analysis was conducted to increase understanding of the use of surrogate samples, ..
- Contribution of Abcc10 (Mrp7) to in vivo paclitaxel resistance as assessed in Abcc10(-/-) miceElizabeth A Hopper-Borge
Program in Developmental Therapeutics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Res 71:3649-57. 2011..Mouse embryo fibroblasts derived from Abcc10(-/-) mice were hypersensitive to docetaxel, paclitaxel, vincristine, and cytarabine (Ara-C) and exhibited increased cellular drug accumulation, relative to wild-type ..
- Overexpression of miR-22 reverses paclitaxel-induced chemoresistance through activation of PTEN signaling in p53-mutated colon cancer cellsJian Li
Hepatobiliary and Enteric Surgery Research Center, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Mol Cell Biochem 357:31-8. 2011..We further investigated the role of miR-22 on cytotoxicity of paclitaxel in both the p53-mutated and p53 wild-type colon cancer cells...
- A phase II trial of nab-paclitaxel (ABI-007) and carboplatin in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma : a North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study, N057E(1)Lisa A Kottschade
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 117:1704-10. 2011There is increasing evidence that paclitaxel and carboplatin are clinically active in the treatment of metastatic melanoma (MM)...
- Safety and efficacy of combining sunitinib with bevacizumab + paclitaxel/carboplatin in non-small cell lung cancerMark A Socinski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:354-60. 2010..VEGF Receptor and ligand to enhance Efficacy in Lung) was initiated to assess clinical outcomes of adding S to paclitaxel (P)/carboplatin (C) + B (PCB) for first-line treatment of locally advanced, metastatic, or recurrent nonsquamous ..
- Liposomal paclitaxel formulationsStěpán Koudelka
Department of Toxicology, Pharmacology and Immunotherapy, Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
J Control Release 163:322-34. 2012..b>Paclitaxel (PTX), the prototype of this class, is an anti-cancer drug approved for the treatment of breast and ovarian ..
- Oblimersen in combination with temozolomide and albumin-bound paclitaxel in patients with advanced melanoma: a phase I trialPatrick A Ott
Division of Medical Oncology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:183-91. 2013The combination of oblimersen, a bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide, and dacarbazine lead to superior progression-free survival in advanced melanoma patients. Albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) has single-agent activity in melanoma.
- BEAM: a randomized phase II study evaluating the activity of bevacizumab in combination with carboplatin plus paclitaxel in patients with previously untreated advanced melanomaKevin B Kim
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:34-41. 2012..We conducted a placebo-controlled, double-blind phase II study of carboplatin plus paclitaxel with or without bevacizumab in patients with previously untreated metastatic melanoma.
- ErbB2-mediated Src and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation leads to transcriptional up-regulation of p21Cip1 and chemoresistance in breast cancer cellsValerie S Hawthorne
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:592-600. 2009..Our study suggests a potential clinical application of Src and STAT3 inhibitors in Taxol sensitization of ErbB2-overexpressing breast cancers...
- Enhanced anti-tumor efficacy by co-delivery of doxorubicin and paclitaxel with amphiphilic methoxy PEG-PLGA copolymer nanoparticlesHai Wang
CAS Key Laboratory for Biological Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Beijing 100190, China
Biomaterials 32:8281-90. 2011..More importantly, these NPs could co-deliver hydrophilic doxorubicin (DOX) and hydrophobic paclitaxel (TAX)...
- Randomized comparison of everolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents. 2-year follow-up from the SPIRIT (Clinical Evaluation of the XIENCE V Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System) IV trialGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, 111 East 59th Street, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:19-25. 2011We sought to determine whether the differences in outcomes present between everolimus-eluting stents (EES) and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) in the SPIRIT (Clinical Evaluation of the XIENCE V Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System) IV ..
- Phase I dose-finding study of paclitaxel with panitumumab, carboplatin and intensity-modulated radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell cancer of the head and neckL J Wirth
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 20114, USA
Ann Oncol 21:342-7. 2010..Panitumumab has the potential to improve the therapeutic ratio of concurrent chemoradiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Recurrent ovarian cancer: how important is it to treat to disease progression?Thomas J Herzog
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7439-49. 2004..A number of active agents in ovarian cancer (platinum, paclitaxel, topotecan, liposomal doxorubicin, docetaxel, gemcitabine, and etoposide) will be reviewed in the context of ..
- Integrin signaling inhibits paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in breast cancer cellsF Aoudjit
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Oncogene 20:4995-5004. 2001..ligation of beta1 integrins by their extracellular matrix ligands inhibits significantly apoptosis induced by paclitaxel and vincristine, two microtubule-directed chemotherapeutic agents that are widely used in the therapy of breast ..
- Evaluation of new platinum-based treatment regimens in advanced-stage ovarian cancer: a Phase III Trial of the Gynecologic Cancer IntergroupMichael A Bookman
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1419-25. 2009..of an additional cytotoxic agent improves overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS) for women with advanced-stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) and primary peritoneal carcinoma who receive carboplatin and paclitaxel.
- Potentiation of paclitaxel-induced apoptosis by the novel cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor NU6140: a possible role for survivin down-regulationMarzia Pennati
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1328-37. 2005..Here, we define the cellular effects of the novel CDK inhibitor NU6140, alone or in association with paclitaxel, with respect to inhibition of cell proliferation and cell cycle progression and induction of apoptosis in HeLa ..
- Independent review of E2100: a phase III trial of bevacizumab plus paclitaxel versus paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancerRobert Gray
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4966-72. 2009..demonstrated a significant improvement in progression-free survival (PFS) and overall response rate (ORR) with paclitaxel plus bevacizumab compared with paclitaxel alone as initial chemotherapy for patients with HER2-negative ..
- Significantly longer progression-free survival with nab-paclitaxel compared with docetaxel as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3611-9. 2009In patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC), nab-paclitaxel produced significantly higher antitumor activity compared with patients who received solvent-based paclitaxel...
- Low-dose paclitaxel ameliorates renal fibrosis in rat UUO model by inhibition of TGF-beta/Smad activityDongshan Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Lab Invest 90:436-47. 2010..Aberrant TGF-beta/Smad signaling can be modulated by stabilization of microtubules with paclitaxel. In this study, we investigated if paclitaxel can attenuate tubulointerstitial fibrosis in a rat model of ..
- Neovascular targeting therapy: paclitaxel encapsulated in cationic liposomes improves antitumoral efficacyMarcus Schmitt-Sody
Institute for Surgical Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:2335-41. 2003..It was the aim of our study to evaluate tumor selectivity and antitumoral efficacy of paclitaxel encapsulated in cationic liposomes in comparison with the free drug paclitaxel (Taxol(R)) in vivo.
- Paclitaxel-loaded PEGylated PLGA-based nanoparticles: in vitro and in vivo evaluationFabienne Danhier
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue Mounier, 73 20, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Control Release 133:11-7. 2009The purpose of this study was to develop Cremophor EL-free nanoparticles loaded with Paclitaxel (PTX), intended to be intravenously administered, able to improve the therapeutic index of the drug and devoid of the adverse effects of ..
- The extracellular matrix protein TGFBI induces microtubule stabilization and sensitizes ovarian cancers to paclitaxelAhmed Ashour Ahmed
Functional Genomics of Drug Resistance Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Cancer Cell 12:514-27. 2007..the ECM protein TGFBI (transforming growth factor beta induced) is sufficient to induce specific resistance to paclitaxel and mitotic spindle abnormalities in ovarian cancer cells...
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase increases efficacy of paclitaxel in in vitro and in vivo ovarian cancer modelsLimin Hu
Center for Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0556, USA
Cancer Res 62:1087-92. 2002..an ovarian cancer cell line, and thus activation of the PI3k/AKT pathway, confers resistance to the effects of paclitaxel, one of the major drugs used in ovarian cancer therapy...
- Randomized phase III trial of weekly compared with every-3-weeks paclitaxel for metastatic breast cancer, with trastuzumab for all HER-2 overexpressors and random assignment to trastuzumab or not in HER-2 nonoverexpressors: final results of Cancer and LeuAndrew D Seidman
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1642-9. 2008Phase II trials suggested that weekly paclitaxel might be more effective and less toxic than every-3-weeks administration for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Mechanisms of Taxol resistance related to microtubulesGeorge A Orr
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Oncogene 22:7280-95. 2003..A review of tubulin structure, microtubule dynamics, the mechanism of action of Taxol and its binding site on the microtubule are included, so that the reader can evaluate Taxol resistance in context...
- The eradication of breast cancer and cancer stem cells using octreotide modified paclitaxel active targeting micelles and salinomycin passive targeting micellesYang Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Biomaterials 33:679-91. 2012..breast cancer stem cells which can not be eliminated by the conventional chemotherapy, octreotide (Oct)-modified paclitaxel (PTX)-loaded PEG-b-PCL polymeric micelles (Oct-M-PTX) and salinomycin (SAL)-loaded PEG-b-PCL polymeric micelles (..
- Improved late clinical safety with zotarolimus-eluting stents compared with paclitaxel-eluting stents in patients with de novo coronary lesions: 3-year follow-up from the ENDEAVOR IV (Randomized Comparison of Zotarolimus- and Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents in Martin B Leon
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 3:1043-50. 2010The increased frequency of very late (>1 year) stent thrombosis (VLST) has raised concerns with regard to the safety of sirolimus-eluting stents and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES).
- Preparation, characterization, and in vitro targeted delivery of folate-decorated paclitaxel-loaded bovine serum albumin nanoparticlesDongmei Zhao
Key Laboratory of Forest Plant Ecology, Northeast Forestry University, Ministry of Education, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:669-77. 2010b>Paclitaxel (Taxol(®)) is an important anticancer drug in clinical use for treatment of a variety of cancers...
- Albumin-bound formulation of paclitaxel (Abraxane ABI-007) in the treatment of breast cancerEvelina Miele
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Nanomedicine 4:99-105. 2009..lipid-based solvents have been used as a vehicle, and new systemic formulations have been developed, mostly for paclitaxel, which are Cremophor-free and increase the circulation time of the drug...
- A phase 2 pilot trial of low-dose, continuous infusion, or "metronomic" paclitaxel and oral celecoxib in patients with metastatic melanomaRupal S Bhatt
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 116:1751-6. 2010..Angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels, is necessary for tumor growth and progression. Thus, the authors tested the safety and efficacy of a low dose of paclitaxel and celecoxib in patients with MM.
- Alzheimer's Disease TherapeuticTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2012..Bryostatin 1 is also more hydrophobic than paclitaxel, the potent anticancer drug with well-known formulation difficulties...
- Prolactin as a Growth Factor in Breast CancerNira Ben-Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long term goal is to establish FDA-approved, long acting dopamine agonists as suppressor or PRL secretion, resulting in increased efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents in breast cancer patients. ..
- Site-directed Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer using Novel Angiogenesis InhibitorShaker A Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of biodegradable TclNPs loaded with a chemotherapeutic agent Paclitaxel can also be used for a controlled release of this drug at the tumor site and thus, is expected to result in ..
- Theranostic Nanomedicine for Breast Cancer Prevention and Image-Guided TherapyPrakash R Rai; Fiscal Year: 2011..Nab-paclitaxel, a FDA approved nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel forms the systemic therapeutic arm...
- Biosynthesis of Microbial IsoprenoidsDavid E Cane; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- SFRP2 and NFAT are therapeutic targets in angiosarcomaNANCY K DEMORE; Fiscal Year: 2013..For unresectable angiosarcoma, doxorubicin based regimens yield progression-free survival of 5 months, and paclitaxel achieves a progression-free survival of 7 months(2)...
- Estrogen receptor, p38 MAPKs and topo IIa in breast cancerGuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since breast cancer is a major malignant disease for female veterans, this study will contribute significantly to veteran's health care. ..
- COMBINATORIAL-DESIGNED NANO-PLATFORMS TO OVERCOME TUMOR DRUG RESISTANCEZhenfeng Duan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and mrp-1 efflux transporter and Bcl-2 and survivin anti-apoptotic genes) and cytotoxic therapeutic agents (paclitaxel and doxorubicin)...
- Mechanisms of arsenic-induced chromosomal instability and carcinogenesisWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2013..We previously demonstrated that arsenic trioxide [As(III)] compromises paclitaxel-induced mitotic arrest in both p53-deficient and proficient cells...
- Theranostic Nanomedicine for Breast Cancer Prevention and Image-Guided TherapyPrakash R Rai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nab-paclitaxel, a FDA approved nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel forms the systemic therapeutic arm...
- Targeting Mitotic Kinases Inhibitors for Cancer TherapyE Premkumar Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effects of combination therapy using ON1231320 and cytotoxic anti-cancer agents such as oxaliplatin, 5-fluorouracil, paclitaxel and doxorubicin to induce apoptosis and tumor regression in breast and colorectal cancer model systems.
- Fatty Acid Synthase:Molecular Target for Breast Cancer Therapy &ChemopreventionRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will provide new insight into the action of FASN inhibitors and the information needed to translate our findings into the clinic. Our goal is to develop novel rationally designed therapeutic approaches for breast cancer. ..
- Rigid-rod Peptides as Nanocarriers for Delivery of Cancer DrugsKatarzyna Slowinska; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Paclitaxel (PTX) is one of the most successful taxoids in clinical use today...
- Regulating the Immune Microenvironment in Breast CancerLisa Marie Coussens; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found that Paclitaxel-treated tumor-bearing PyMT transgenic mice deficient for IL4 receptor alpha (PyMT/IL4R1) exhibited increased ..
- MECHANISMS OF SYNERGISTIC REGULATION OF STEM/PROGENITORSHal E Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..b) Elucidate influence in vitro of Sirt1 on different stresses (genotoxic: nocodazole, paclitaxel, etoposide;oxidative: hypoxia and ROS;apoptosis: cytokine withdrawal and irradiation) to Sirt 1 -/-, +/-, and +/+..
- Endoplasmic reticulum structure and dynamics in breast cancer cell metastasis andJASON EDWARD LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, these studies aim to fill a void within the current understanding of the subcellular events underlying cell migration, and taxol treatment by investigating the role of the ER in the mechanisms of these processes. ..
- ELUCIDATING THE FUNCTION OF MATRIPTASE-ACTIVATED PDGF D IN BONE METASTATIC PROSTAABDO JAMAL NAJY; Fiscal Year: 2012..In fact the PDGFRBeta inhibitor, STI571, alone or in combination with paclitaxel significantly reduced osseous growth of prostate cancer cells in vivo...
- Studies of Isoprenoid BiosynthesisCHARLES DALE POULTER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Role of Caspase 9b Expression in NSCLC Survival/Chemotherapeutic SensitivityCharles E Chalfant; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. cisplatinum and paclitaxel)...
- A3AR agonists to prevent chemotherapy-induced painful peripheral neuropathyDaniela Salvemini; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., paclitaxel), platinum-complex (e.g., oxaliplatin), vinca alkaloids (e.g., vincristine) &proteasome-inhibitor (e.g...
- Phospholipid Nanocarriers Improve Chemotherapy by Targeted Drug DeliveryHayat Onyuksel; Fiscal Year: 2010..We chose breast cancer as a model disease and paclitaxel as a model water insoluble drug to show the feasibility of our proposed innovative targeted nanocarrier...
- Fruit exosome-like particles for therapeutic delivery of extracellular miRNAsHuang Ge Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Co-delivery of folic acid, with the chemotherapy drug paclitaxel by EPNVs results in an increased efficiency in tumor tissue targeting...
- Brain Tumor-Penetrating Nanoparticle Delivery with MR-Guided Focused UltrasoundRichard J Price; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 4, we will first determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of paclitaxel-loaded BPNs, followed by an evaluation of drug pharmacokinetics (PK)...
- RhoB in cancer pathogenesis and as a target in combinatorial therapyROBERT SMALLRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2013..RhoB, however, inhibits proliferation. We had previously showed RS5444 and paclitaxel can be combined synergistically in anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC) models in vitro and in vivo and that the ..
- Application of Evolutionary Principles to Maintain Cancer Control (PQ21)Robert A Gatenby; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we will also study how the addition of estrogen during therapy intervals can be used to increase the fitness of ER+ cells and thus maintain the number of hormonal therapy- sensitive cells. ..
- Biodegradable Polymeric Nanosphere Drug Delivery System For Cancer ChemotherapyEmmanuel O Akala; Fiscal Year: 2010..efforts that will make it possible to achieve the capabilities of multifunctional nanoparticles by developing paclitaxel-loaded stealth nanospheres based on biocompatible and biodegradable poly(lactic acid)...
- A NOVEL STRATEGY FOR THE TREATMENT OF MELANOMAMai Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..to modulate the delivery of the FDA approved anticancer drug Abraxane (human serum albumin (HSA) based paclitaxel-nanoparticle) to tumors...
- Cyr61-induced breast cancer: Clinical relevance and therapeutic developmentRuth Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3). In addition, we will evaluate the relevance of a Cyr61- triggered "Cyr61/alpha-v-beta3 integrin loop" as a novel predictive marker for response to chemotherapy in breast cancer. ..
- Improved Therapeutics for Drug Eluting StentsAlyssa Panitch; Fiscal Year: 2013..The DESs used in clinical application deliver an anti-proliferative agent, such as sirolimus or paclitaxel (PTX), which inhibits not only smooth muscle cells (SMCs) proliferation, but also prevents proliferation of ..
- The Role of SRC-1 in Breast CancerJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Twist KO in adult mice causes any severe health problems and whether Twist KO will enhance the efficacy of Paclitaxel chemotherapy...
- Oral paclitaxel solubilized and bioenhanced by food compound for cancer therapyZhijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The paclitaxel (PTX) drugs, Taxol(r) and Abraxane(r), are currently administered by intravenous (IV) infusion...
- Microtubule dependent AR signaling predicts taxane sensitivityParaskevi Giannakakou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Molecular understanding of drug-resistance in the clinic will lead to the identification of therapeutic interventions to overcome it. ..
- Plk1 in Chemo-resistance of CancerXiaoqi Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Plk1 in chemoresistance of cancer Abstract: Paclitaxel and doxorubicin have been widely used to treat various cancers...
- Synthesis, Biosynthesis, and Structure of Antitumor AgentsThomas R Hoye; Fiscal Year: 2013..Prod. 2007, 70, 461- 477) that over 75% of new chemical entity anticancer drugs submitted to the FDA between 1981-2006 "were either natural products per se or were based thereon, or mimicked natural products in one form or another." ..
- MCJ function in mouse mammary tumor propertiesMercedes Rincon; Fiscal Year: 2009..we have shown that inhibition of MCJ expression in drug-sensitive cells induces resistance to specific drugs (paclitaxel, doxorubicin) in vitro...
- PET-MRI for Assessing Treatment Response in Breast Cancer Clinical TrialsThomas E Yankeelov; Fiscal Year: 2013..DW-MRI, and FLT-PET to assess the degree of tumor response after one and two cycles of Carboplatin and nab-Paclitaxel with or without Vorinostat in HER2-negative primary operable breast cancer. 3...
- Rapid release paclitaxel nanoparticles for bladder cancer intravestical therapyZe Lu; Fiscal Year: 2009..During the Phase I SBIR grant, we evaluated several drug carriers and identified paclitaxel-loaded gelatin nanoparticles (PNP) as the candidate...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Michael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the chemical technologies being developed, will be applied to the design and synthesis of new anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Targeted Intervention of Breast Oncogenic PathwaysSaid M Sebti; Fiscal Year: 2013..treatment and, 4) To conduct hypothesis-driven phase I/II clinical trials of pre-operative TCN-P plus weekly paclitaxel and Tipifarnib followed by AC plus Tipifarnib in patients with locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer...
- Metabolic Engineering for Microbial Taxol BiosynthesisGregory Stephanopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..Additionally, a heterologous taxol biosynthetic pathway would drastically expand the opportunities of biosynthesizing a vast diversity of taxol derivatives with greater efficacy and broader anticancer properties. ..
- Targeting microtubule stabilization to reduce breast tumor metastasisStuart S Martin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, since McTNs are supported by tubulin, the common breast cancer drug, Paclitaxel (Taxol), actually strengthens McTNs and speeds tumor cell reattachment...
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of PharmacognosyBill J Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will advance NIH's human health goals through the exchange of scientific information and the fostering of collaborations in drug discovery. ..
- Preclinical Studies on Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid-Taxoid Conjugate for IND FilingRAMESH CHANDER GUPTA; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- A Nanofibrous Bioactive Hemodialysis Access GraftSAIF G PATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..agents for preventing thrombosis (recombinant hirudin or rHir), infection (Moxifloxacin) and hyperplasia (Paclitaxel), will be blended in the graft...
- Characterizing and Targeting CHD4 Deficiency in Endometrial CancerShiaw Yih Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also combine PARP inhibitors with radiation and with doxorubicin or paclitaxel to establish optimal therapies...
- FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES OF CENTROSOMES IN SOMATIC CELLSAlexey L Khodjakov; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- CHROMOSOME MOVEMENT IN PROMETAPHASEGary J Gorbsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..in cancer cells and it plays a key role in the response of cells to therapeutic anti-cancer drugs such as paclitaxel. The current proposal consists of three aims...
- Image-guided combination therapy: noninvasive assessment of delivery and responseSusanta K Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2013..A combination of paclitaxel and antiangiogenic agents is an attractive novel strategy in therapy of aggressive breast cancer...
- Targeting Stromal Collagen in Pancreatic CancerDaniel D Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..directly from patients we performed a Phase I/II clinical study of the combination of the albumin-bound (nab)-paclitaxel targeting SPARC added to gemcitabine...
- Size-tunable cancer nanotherapeuticsJuntao Luo; Fiscal Year: 2013b>Paclitaxel is a standard and effective chemotherapeutic agent for many cancer types. However, Cremophor EL in the formulation of PTX (Taxol(R)) causes significant side effects such as allergic reactions...
- Enzymatic formation of the hydrocarbon skeletons underlying diterpenoid diversityREUBEN JOHN PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., the anti- cancer paclitaxel/TaxolTM and anti-biotic mutilins) or research tools (e.g...
- Multifunctional Nanotherapeutics for Cancer Treatment and ImagingTamara Minko; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Paclitaxel and cisplatin/carboplatin will be evaluated as anticancer drugs - cell death inducers...
- FGFR2 as a Therapeutic Target in Endometrial Cancer.Matthew A Powell; Fiscal Year: 2011..Cytotoxic agents (doxorubicin, cisplatin, paclitaxel) have had limited success in the treatment of aggressive endometrial cancer...
- Engineered intelligent micelle for tumor pH targetingYou Han Bae; Fiscal Year: 2013..this renewal application intends to present the scale-up of polymer and micelles production, the development of paclitaxel loaded micelles in Part I, the evaluation of two micelle formulations (doxorubicin and paclitaxel) against ..
- Identifying Proteins in the Microtubule LumenSusan L Bane; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our approach is to harness the unique microtubule binding properties of the drug paclitaxel, which binds with high affinity to a single, luminal site on assembled tubulin, to place photoaffinity labels in ..
- Increasing efficacy of antineoplastic drugs with gap junction enhancersThu Annelise Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..address the effect of gap junction enhancers (PQs) on the efficacy of antineoplastic drugs such as tamoxifen, paclitaxel and cisplatin...
- Broncho-adventitial Drug Delivery: Paclitaxel for Bronchial CarcinomaKIRK SEWARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..but offer similar benefit. Local bronchial wall delivery of drugs can also be an important treatment as adjuvant therapy for metastatic or benign diseases that cause airway narrowing. ..
- The Role of SNCG in the Carcinogenesis of Uterine Papillary Serous CarcinomaBarbara M Buttin; Fiscal Year: 2010..caused a significant decrease in cell proliferation in SPEC2 cells and increased sensitivity of SPEC2 cells to paclitaxel induced apoptosis...
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data also indicate that paclitaxel- SWNT conjugate is superior to the Cremophor ELP solubilized paclitaxel (PTX) for cancer therapy...
- NEXT GENERATION APPROACHES TO BREAST CANCER USING IMAGE GUIDED DRUG DELIVERYKATHERINE NELSON WEILBAECHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..current clinical recommendations affirm bevacizumab as an appropriate therapeutic option in combination with paclitaxel for metastatic breast cancer...
- Modeling Microtubule Dynamics in MitosisDavid J Odde; Fiscal Year: 2013..Some of the more effective cancer treatments, such as taxol (paclitaxel), are based on their interference with MT-based processes during cell division...
- Novel Polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery applicationsAnthony J McGoron; Fiscal Year: 2013..PGMD Nps simultaneously loaded with imaging agent and chemotherapy drugs (doxorubicin, cisplatin, or paclitaxel) will deliver the drugs to the tumor site with a greater payload than existing drug carriers (PLGA)...
- PHARMACOLOGY AND EFFICACY OF NOVEL TAXOL FORMULATIONSROBERT STRAUBINGER; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Effects of acupuncture on chemotherapy-induced painRuixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Paclitaxel, an anti-neoplastic agent widely used to treat cancerous ovarian, breast and non-small cell lung tumors, ..
- CULTURE, PHYSIOLOGY, GENETICS, INFLUENCING TAXANE YIELDSRICK KELSEY; Fiscal Year: 1992..Cultural techniques developed from this research would significantly contribute to a management system that could increase the supply of taxol without sacrificing wild trees...
- Biosynthesis of Taxol Precursors in Transgenic MossAldwin Anterola; Fiscal Year: 2009..This process, however, is very expensive and do not provide a steady supply of the drug. The goal of this project is to develop an economical method of producing Taxol and Taxotere using moss bioreactors. ..
- Bronchio-adventitial Drug Delivery: Paclitaxel for Bronchial CarcinomaKIRK SEWARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..05 ml to 1.0 ml (Specific Aim 2). Finally, we will establish the pharmacokinetic and toxicity profile of paclitaxel, a drug that may be used for local chemotherapy or to reduce the buildup of granulation tissue, at doses ranging ..
- Role of the Acetyltransferase p300 in Cellular ResponsesMaria Avantaggiati; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anti-microtubule drugs of clinical relevance include paclitaxel (taxol), vinca alkaloids (vinblastin and vincrisitn), nocodazole and colchicine...
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF P-GLYCOPROTEINAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 1999..parent drugs, and (3) molecular modeling analysis of the drug binding sites will be performed. ..
- NEW ANTIMICROTUBULE AGENTS FROM MARINE ORGANISMSBradley Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The vinca alkaloids cause microtubule depolymerization, while the diterpene paclitaxel and its derivative taxotere stabilize microtubule...
- SYNTHESIS OF TAXININE AND TAXOLCHARLES SWINDELL; Fiscal Year: 1992..In addition, X-ray crystallographic structures for certain key taxanes will be obtained. Several of these avenues of investigation will yield information of interest in total synthesis studies...
- Targeting MRP7 to Overcome Drug Resistance for Ovarian Cancer Therapy by TaxanesZhe Sheng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current standard of treatment for ovarian cancer usually is the drugs paclitaxel and cisplatin...
- P450 PHENOTYPE AND CHEMOTHERAPY TOXICITY IN THE ELDERLYELIZABETH DEES; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal examines the value of probe tests of CYP activity in predicting pharmacokinetics and toxicity of paclitaxel and vinorelbine. Paclitaxel is principally metabolized by CYP2C8 and CYP3A4, and vinorelbine by CYP3A4...
- WATER-SOLUBLE PRODRUGS OF TAXOL AGAINST COLON CANCERLUKE LAM; Fiscal Year: 1993..determination of the partition coefficients; 3. enzymatic hydrolysis of the prodrug by glycosidases; and 4. in vitro and in vivo hydrolysis of the glycosides by contents of rat gastrointestinal tract...
- TAXOL PRODUCTION VIA IN VITRO CULTURE TECHNIQUECHING YEH HU; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) Development of new generation taxoid antitumor agents (2.1.) Determination of bioactive conformation of paclitaxel. It is extremely important to find out how paclitaxel, a powerful anticancer drug, interact with microtubules in ..