Genomes and Genes
Summary: A group of diterpenoid CYCLODECANES named for the taxanes that were discovered in the TAXUS tree. The action on MICROTUBULES has made some of them useful as ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS.
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancerDaniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1513-20. 2004..We compared docetaxel plus estramustine with mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic, hormone-independent prostate cancer...
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancerIan F Tannock
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 351:1502-12. 2004..We compared such treatment with docetaxel plus prednisone in men with this disease...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002..We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trialJohann Sebastian de Bono
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Lancet 376:1147-54. 2010..We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of cabazitaxel plus prednisone with those of mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with progressive disease after docetaxel-based treatment...
- Phase III study of bevacizumab plus docetaxel compared with placebo plus docetaxel for the first-line treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancerDavid W Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:3239-47. 2010..5 and 15 mg/kg) with docetaxel as first-line therapy for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -negative, locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancer (MBC) was investigated in a three-arm, placebo-controlled, phase III trial...
- Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study GroupEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 24:4991-7. 2006....
- Preoperative chemotherapy: updates of National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocols B-18 and B-27Priya Rastogi
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Magee Womens Hospital, 300 Halket St, Room 3524, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:778-85. 2008..Protocol B-27 was designed to determine the effect of adding docetaxel (T) to preoperative AC on tumor response rates, DFS, and OS...
- Characterisation and manipulation of docetaxel resistant prostate cancer cell linesAmanda J O'Neill
UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Cancer 10:126. 2011..Three Docetaxel resistant sub-lines were generated and confirmed to be resistant to the apoptotic and anti-proliferative effects of increasing concentrations of Docetaxel...
- Cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or with docetaxel in head and neck cancerMarshall R Posner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1705-15. 2007....
- MiR-100 resensitizes docetaxel-resistant human lung adenocarcinoma cells (SPC-A1) to docetaxel by targeting Plk1Bing Feng
Department of Medical Oncology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210002, PR China
Cancer Lett 317:184-91. 2012..Thus, our results suggested that down-regulation of miR-100 could lead to Plk1 over-expression and eventually to docetaxel chemoresistance of human lung adenocarcinoma...
- Phase III trial comparing docetaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy with mitomycin, vindesine, and cisplatin combination chemotherapy with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: OLCSG 0007Yoshihiko Segawa
Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University Hospital, Kitaku, Okayama, Japan
J Clin Oncol 28:3299-306. 2010..To demonstrate the efficacy of docetaxel and cisplatin (DP) chemotherapy with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) for patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (LA-NSCLC)...
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer: updated survival in the TAX 327 studyDominik R Berthold
FRCPC, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:242-5. 2008..Here, we report an updated analysis of survival...
- Salvage chemotherapy for pretreated gastric cancer: a randomized phase III trial comparing chemotherapy plus best supportive care with best supportive care aloneJung Hun Kang
Gyeongsang NationalUniversity Hospital, Jinju, Korea
J Clin Oncol 30:1513-8. 2012..However, SLC is often offered to pretreated patients with AGC for anecdotal reasons...
- Randomized phase III trial of ixabepilone plus capecitabine versus capecitabine in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with an anthracycline and a taxaneJoseph A Sparano
Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3256-63. 2010....
- Docetaxel for treatment of solid tumours: a systematic review of clinical dataAlberto Montero
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet Oncol 6:229-39. 2005..Here, we review major randomised phase III trials with docetaxel in the treatment of solid malignant disease...
- Capecitabine in addition to anthracycline- and taxane-based neoadjuvant treatment in patients with primary breast cancer: phase III GeparQuattro studyGunter von Minckwitz
Universitäts Frauenklinik Frankfurt, German Breast Group Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Strasse 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:2015-23. 2010..CONCLUSION Adding capecitabine to or prolonging duration of neoadjuvant EC plus docetaxel does not result in higher efficacy at surgery...
- Bevacizumab added to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerHarry D Bear
Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0011, USA
N Engl J Med 366:310-20. 2012....
- Gemcitabine and docetaxel in patients with unresectable leiomyosarcoma: results of a phase II trialMartee L Hensley
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2824-31. 2002..Few chemotherapy agents are active in leiomyosarcoma (LMS), particularly LMS that has progressed after doxorubicin treatment. We sought to determine the response to gemcitabine plus docetaxel among patients with LMS...
- Docetaxel 75 mg/m(2) is active and well tolerated in patients with metastatic or recurrent gastric cancer: a phase II trialYung Jue Bang
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 32:248-54. 2002..The aim of the present study was to confirm the efficacy and tolerability of docetaxel 75 mg/m(2) in a population of Korean patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- RPN2 gene confers docetaxel resistance in breast cancerKimi Honma
Section for Studies on Metastasis, Japanese National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1, Tsukiji, 5 Chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Nat Med 14:939-48. 2008..Thus, RPN2 silencing makes cancer cells hypersensitive response to docetaxel, and RPN2 might be a new target for RNA interference-based therapeutics against drug resistance...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of XRP6258 (RPR 116258A), a novel taxane, administered as a 1-hour infusion every 3 weeks in patients with advanced solid tumorsAlain C Mita
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center and University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:723-30. 2009..v. infusion every 3 weeks. The study also sought to determine the maximum tolerated dose and the recommended dose, to describe the pharmacokinetic (PK) behavior of the compound, and to seek preliminary evidence of anticancer activity...
- Trastuzumab-based treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: an antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mechanism?L Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 94:259-67. 2006..These results suggest that trastuzumab plus taxanes lead to enhanced NK cell activity, which may partially account for the synergistic activity of trastuzumab and docetaxel in breast cancer...
- Induction chemotherapy with cisplatin and fluorouracil alone or in combination with docetaxel in locally advanced squamous-cell cancer of the head and neck: long-term results of the TAX 324 randomised phase 3 trialJochen H Lorch
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:153-9. 2011..We report the long-term results at 5 years' minimum follow-up...
- Formulation of Docetaxel by folic acid-conjugated d-α-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol succinate 2000 (Vitamin E TPGS(2k)) micelles for targeted and synergistic chemotherapyYu Mi
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block E5, 02 11, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 32:4058-66. 2011....
- Tumor specific delivery and therapy by double-targeted nanostructured lipid carriers with anti-VEGFR-2 antibodyDonghua Liu
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xi Road, Ji nan 250012, China
Mol Pharm 8:2291-301. 2011..These findings suggested that tNLC designed to bind specifically to VEGFR-2 can be used to deliver DTX to the tumor vasculature and tumor and may inhibit tumor growth...
- Customized treatment in non-small-cell lung cancer based on EGFR mutations and BRCA1 mRNA expressionRafael Rosell
Catalan Institute of Oncology, Badalona, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5133. 2009..In an exploratory analysis, we also examined the effect of RAP80 and Abraxas mRNA levels...
- A multicentre dose-escalating study of cabazitaxel (XRP6258) in combination with capecitabine in patients with metastatic breast cancer progressing after anthracycline and taxane treatment: a phase I/II studyC Villanueva
University Hôpital Jean Minjoz, Besancon, France
Eur J Cancer 47:1037-45. 2011....
- Identification of microRNA profiles in docetaxel-resistant human non-small cell lung carcinoma cells (SPC-A1)Wang Rui
Department of Medical Oncology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
J Cell Mol Med 14:206-14. 2010....
- Gemcitabine plus docetaxel versus docetaxel in patients with predominantly human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer: a randomized, phase III study by the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative GroupDorte Lisbet Nielsen
Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 29:4748-54. 2011..The objective of this phase III study was to compare the efficacy of gemcitabine plus docetaxel (GD) versus docetaxel in patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Phase II study of weekly docetaxel and trastuzumab for patients with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1800-8. 2002..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of weekly docetaxel plus trastuzumab in women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. Efficacy was correlated with serum HER-2 extracellular domain (ECD) levels...
- Overall survival benefit for weekly vs. three-weekly taxanes regimens in advanced breast cancer: A meta-analysisDavide Mauri
Department of Medical Oncology, General Hospital of Lamia, Greece
Cancer Treat Rev 36:69-74. 2010..We therefore performed a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials that compared weekly and every three weeks taxanes regimens in advanced breast cancer...
- Taxane-based combinations as adjuvant chemotherapy of early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized trialsMichele De Laurentiis
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Molecolare e Clinica, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:44-53. 2008..We aimed to determine whether this approach improves disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) and whether benefits are maintained across relevant patient subgroups...
- A systematic review of platinum and taxane resistance from bench to clinic: an inverse relationshipBritta Stordal
Bill Walsh Cancer Research Laboratories, Royal North Shore Hospital and The University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Cancer Treat Rev 33:688-703. 2007..An understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible would be valuable in predicting response to salvage chemotherapy and may identify new therapeutic targets...
- Docetaxel-based combination therapy for castration-resistant prostate cancerM D Galsky
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV 89169, USA
Ann Oncol 21:2135-44. 2010..To improve outcomes, numerous studies have evaluated docetaxel in combination with other agents. Here, results for docetaxel-based combination therapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) are reviewed...
- Randomised, non-comparative phase II study of weekly docetaxel with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil or with capecitabine in oesophagogastric cancer: the AGITG ATTAX trialN C Tebbutt
Department of Medical Oncology, Austin Health, PO Box 5555, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria 3084, Australia
Br J Cancer 102:475-81. 2010..Weekly docetaxel is associated with less haematological toxicity. This randomised phase II study tested weekly docetaxel-based combination chemotherapy regimens, with the aim of maintaining their activity while reducing toxicity...
- Docetaxel as salvage therapy in advanced gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Gruppo Oncologico Italia Meridionale (G.O.I.M.)Francesco Giuliani
Medical and Experimental Oncology Unit, Oncology Institute, Bari, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:4219-22. 2003..O.I.M.) started a confirmatory multicenter phase II trial to evaluate the clinical activity and toxicity of single agent TXT in the treatment of advanced gastric cancer patients who had failed a first-line chemotherapy...
- PLA/PLGA nanoparticles for sustained release of docetaxelT Musumeci
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, I 95125 Catania, Italy
Int J Pharm 325:172-9. 2006..Kinetic experiments demonstrated that the release process of DTX form nanospheres is affected by the molecular weight of the employed polymers...
- Quality of life assessment of second-line docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy: results of a prospective, randomized phase III trialJanet Dancey
Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Lung Cancer 43:183-94. 2004..Patients were randomized to docetaxel 100 mg/m2 (n=49) or, after protocol amendment, to docetaxel 75 mg/m2 (n=55), or to BSC (n=100), with Lung Cancer Symptom Scale (LCSS) and/or QLQ-C30 (with LC13 module) assessment every 3 weeks...
- Chemotherapy for prostate cancerTimothy Gilligan
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Urology 60:94-100; discussion 100. 2002..Finally, the utility of chemotherapy is beginning to be explored in the context of earlier disease in the neoadjuvant, adjuvant, or serologically relapsing group of patients. Data from these studies are just beginning to be gathered...
- The performance of docetaxel-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles targeted to hepatocellular carcinomaZhenghong Xu
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 555 Zuchongzhi Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Biomaterials 30:226-32. 2009..These results implied that this targeted nanocarrier of docetaxel could enhance its antitumor effect in vivo with low systemic toxicity for the treatment of locally advanced and metastatic HCC...
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab, thalidomide, docetaxel, and prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerYang Min Ning
PharmD, Bldg 10 Rm 5A01, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2070-6. 2010..These results suggest that definitive clinical trials combining antiangiogenic agent combinations with docetaxel are warranted to improve treatment outcomes for patients with metastatic CRPC...
- Immune changes in patients with advanced breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy with taxanesN Tsavaris
Department of Pathophysiology Oncology Unit, Laikon General Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, 11527 Athens, Greece
Br J Cancer 87:21-7. 2002..Moreover, the effects of docetaxel are in all the above parameters more pronounced than those of paclitaxel...
- Inactivation of nuclear factor kappaB by soy isoflavone genistein contributes to increased apoptosis induced by chemotherapeutic agents in human cancer cellsYiwei Li
Department of Pathology and Internal Medicine, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 65:6934-42. 2005..Theses results warrant carefully designed clinical studies investigating the combination of soy isoflavones and commonly used chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of human cancers...
- Chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancerAnna Dorothea Wagner
Fondation du Centre pluridisciplinaire d oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Rue du Bugnon 46, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1011
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD004064. 2010..Two and three-drug regimens including 5-FU, cisplatin, with or without an anthracycline, as well as irinotecan or docetaxel-containing regimens are reasonable treatment options for HER-2 negative patients...
- A multicenter phase II study of XRP6258 administered as a 1-h i.v. infusion every 3 weeks in taxane-resistant metastatic breast cancer patientsX Pivot
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Jean Minjoz, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 645, Besancon, France
Ann Oncol 19:1547-52. 2008..XRP6258 is a novel taxoid with a low affinity for P-glycoprotein. This multicenter phase II study assessed the activity of XRP6258 in the treatment of taxane-resistant metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Loss of phosphatase and tensin homolog or phosphoinositol-3 kinase activation and response to trastuzumab or lapatinib in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing locally advanced breast cancersBhuvanesh Dave
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:166-73. 2011..Understanding of the cellular response to HER2-targeted therapies is needed to tailor treatments and to identify patients less likely to benefit...
- Efficacy of cytotoxic agents against human tumor xenografts is markedly enhanced by coadministration of ZD1839 (Iressa), an inhibitor of EGFR tyrosine kinaseF M Sirotnak
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 6:4885-92. 2000..They also suggest significant clinical benefit from ZD1839 in combination with a variety of widely used cytotoxic agents...
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapyNasser Hanna
Indiana University, 535 Barnhill Dr, Room 473, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1589-97. 2004..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) previously treated with chemotherapy...
- Ribonucleotide reductase subunits M1 and M2 mRNA expression levels and clinical outcome of lung adenocarcinoma patients treated with docetaxel/gemcitabineJ Souglakos
Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Br J Cancer 98:1710-5. 2008..Prospective studies are warranted to evaluate the role of these markers in tailoring chemotherapy...
- Cisplatin, fluorouracil, and docetaxel in unresectable head and neck cancerJan B Vermorken
Department of Medical Oncology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen, Edegem, Belgium
N Engl J Med 357:1695-704. 2007..We compared TPF with PF as induction chemotherapy in patients with locoregionally advanced, unresectable disease...
- Poly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) micelles containing chemically conjugated and physically entrapped docetaxel: synthesis, characterization, and the influence of the drug on micelle morphologyAndrew S Mikhail
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3M2
Biomacromolecules 11:1273-80. 2010..Importantly, conjugation of DTX to the core-forming block had a profound effect on the morphology of the copolymer aggregates...
- Tumor targetability and antitumor effect of docetaxel-loaded hydrophobically modified glycol chitosan nanoparticlesHo Young Hwang
Department of Bioengineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 128:23-31. 2008..Together our results showed that the anticancer loaded nano-sized drug carriers are a promising nano-sized drug formulation for cancer therapy...
- Taxotere-induced inhibition of human endothelial cell migration is a result of heat shock protein 90 degradationJanice Murtagh
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Cancer Res 66:8192-9. 2006..Further, the loss of Hsp90 and the inactivation of Hsp90 client proteins are previously undescribed actions of Taxotere that may contribute to its antiangiogenic activity...
- Adjuvant capecitabine, docetaxel, cyclophosphamide, and epirubicin for early breast cancer: final analysis of the randomized FinXX trialHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, PO Box 180, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Oncol 30:11-8. 2012..It is not known whether integration of capecitabine into an adjuvant regimen that contains a taxane, an anthracycline, and cyclophosphamide improves outcome in early breast cancer...
- A randomized phase 2 study of docetaxel and S-1 versus docetaxel and cisplatin in advanced gastric cancer with an evaluation of SPARC expression for personalized therapyHei Cheul Jeung
Division of Medical Oncology, Yonsei Cancer Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer 117:2050-7. 2011....
- Nuclear factor-kappa B and interleukin-6 related docetaxel resistance in castration-resistant prostate cancerJordi Codony-Servat
Medical Oncology Department and Laboratory of Translational Oncology, Hospital Clínic Fundació Clínic per a la recerca Biomèdica, Barcelona, Spain
Prostate 73:512-21. 2013..In this study we aimed to investigate the dynamics of the relationship between NF-κB and IL-6 in the shift from D-naive castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) to D-resistance in patients and cell lines...
- Preclinical pharmacokinetic, biodistribution, and anti-cancer efficacy studies of a docetaxel-carboxymethylcellulose nanoparticle in mouse modelsMark J Ernsting
Drug Delivery and Formulation Group, Medicinal Chemistry Platform, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biomaterials 33:1445-54. 2012..These results clearly demonstrated that Cellax improved the pharmacokinetics, biodistribution and efficacy of DTX compared to Taxotere with reduced toxicity...
- Poly(lactide)-vitamin E derivative/montmorillonite nanoparticle formulations for the oral delivery of DocetaxelSi Shen Feng
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block E5, 02 11, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 30:3297-306. 2009..59% for Taxotere((R)) to 78% for the PLA-TPGS/MMT NP formulation and 91% for the PLA-TPGS NP formulation respectively. Oral chemotherapy by nanoparticles of biodegradable polymers is feasible...
- Effect of abiraterone acetate on fatigue in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer after docetaxel chemotherapyC N Sternberg
Department of Medical Oncology, San Camillo and Forlanini Hospitals, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 24:1017-25. 2013..This is the first phase III study in advanced prostate cancer to evaluate fatigue outcomes using a validated fatigue-specific instrument...
- Phase II study of S-1, docetaxel and cisplatin combination chemotherapy in patients with unresectable metastatic gastric cancerYasushi Sato
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, South 1 West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:721-8. 2010..We evaluated the activity and toxicity of docetaxel, cisplatin, and S-1 (DCS) combination chemotherapy in patients with unresectable metastatic gastric cancer...
- Preclinical antitumor activity of cabazitaxel, a semisynthetic taxane active in taxane-resistant tumorsPatricia Vrignaud
Sanofi, Vitry sur Seine, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:2973-83. 2013..We report here the preclinical characteristics of cabazitaxel (XRP6258), a semisynthetic taxane developed to overcome taxane resistance...
- Multicenter phase II study of combined neoadjuvant docetaxel and hormone therapy before radical prostatectomy for patients with high risk localized prostate cancerKim N Chi
Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Centre and the Canadian Uro Oncology Group, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Urol 180:565-70; discussion 570. 2008..We assessed pathological outcomes as well as the feasibility of combined docetaxel and androgen deprivation therapy in men with prostate cancer before undergoing prostatectomy...
- Functional genomics identifies ABCC3 as a mediator of taxane resistance in HER2-amplified breast cancerCarol O'Brien
Department of Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cancer Res 68:5380-9. 2008....
- Weekly docetaxel as second line chemotherapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: meta-analysis of randomized trialsEmilio Bria
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Via Elio Chianesi 53, 00144 Roma, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 32:583-7. 2006..We performed a literature-based meta-analysis of all randomized clinical trials (RCTs) comparing weekly over 3-weekly docetaxel in advanced NSCLC...
- Correlation of BRCA1, TXR1 and TSP1 mRNA expression with treatment outcome to docetaxel-based first-line chemotherapy in patients with advanced/metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerC Papadaki
Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Br J Cancer 104:316-23. 2011..We explored the predictive significance of BRCA1, TXR1 and TSP1 expression in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients treated with docetaxel in association with cisplatin or gemcitabine...
- Identification of ING4 (inhibitor of growth 4) as a modulator of docetaxel sensitivity in human lung adenocarcinomaRui Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Mol Med 18:874-86. 2012..Our results provide the first evidence that ING4 might be essential for DTX resistance in lung adenocarcinoma. Thus, ING4 will be a potential molecular target for overcoming resistance to DTX-based chemotherapies in lung adenocarcinoma...
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel, capecitabine and cisplatin (DXP) in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancerSun Jin Sym
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1024-32. 2010..This phase II study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and capecitabine (DXP) in patients with unresectable locally advanced and/or intra-abdominal metastatic gastric cancers...
- The multilayer nanoparticles formed by layer by layer approach for cancer-targeting therapyKeun Sang Oh
College of Pharmacy, Korea University, 2511 Sejongro, Sejong 339 700, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 165:9-15. 2013..These results suggest that the multilayer NPs could be a potential drug delivery system for cancer-targeting therapy...
- Identification of docetaxel resistance genes in castration-resistant prostate cancerMercedes Marín-Aguilera
Laboratory and Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona 08036, Spain
Mol Cancer Ther 11:329-39. 2012..Further clinical validation of these results is needed to develop targeted therapies in patients with CRPC that can circumvent such resistance to treatment...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of docetaxelS J Clarke
Department of Medical Oncology, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 36:99-114. 1999..Such methodologies may eventually enable clinicians to individualise doses of docetaxel for patients with cancer...
- Beyond taxanes: the next generation of microtubule-targeting agentsJavier Cortes
Breast Cancer Program, Department of Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:821-30. 2012..The development of new microtubule-targeting agents helps to address the need for additional effective regimens for patients progressing after standard treatment with anthracycline- and taxane-containing regimens...
- Docetaxel-loaded-lipid-based-nanosuspensions (DTX-LNS): preparation, pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution and antitumor activityLili Wang
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xi Road, Ji nan 250012, Shandong Province, China
Int J Pharm 413:194-201. 2011..Together these results suggested that DTX-LNS could effectively inhibit tumor growth, reduce toxicity during the therapeutic procedure and hold the potential to be an appropriate choice for the clinical administration of DTX...
- A multicenter randomized phase II study of sequential epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with or without celecoxib or trastuzumab according to HER2 status, as primary chemotherapy for localized invasive breast cancer patientsJean Yves Pierga
Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005, Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:429-37. 2010..In HER2-positive tumor patients, trastuzumab added to ECD leads to increased pCR rates. It was the only combination to deserve further study according to the two-stage Fleming's design used in this trial...
- Targeted co-delivery of docetaxel and siPlk1 by herceptin-conjugated vitamin E TPGS based immunomicellesJing Zhao
Department of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Block EA, 03 12, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 34:3411-21. 2013..042, 0.0032 and 0.000671 μg/mL for SK-BR-3 cells after 24 h treatment by Taxotere(®), and docetaxel formulated in the TPGS micelles, the TPGS-siPlk1/TPGS micelles and the herceptin-conjugated TPGS-siPlk1/TPGS micelles, respectively...
- Cost-effectiveness of erlotinib versus docetaxel for second-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in the United KingdomG Lewis
Roche Products Ltd, Welwyn Garden City, UK
J Int Med Res 38:9-21. 2010..Consequently, from a health economics perspective for the treatment of relapsed stage III - IV NSCLC patients in the UK, erlotinib has advantages over docetaxel...
- Feasibility, toxicity, and efficacy of short induction chemotherapy of docetaxel plus cisplatin or carboplatin (TP) followed by concurrent chemoradio-therapy for organ preservation in advanced cancer of the hypopharynx, larynx, and base of tongue. Early rSabine Semrau
Klinik für Strahlentherapie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 187:15-22. 2011..The present study aimed to assess the feasibility, toxicity, and efficacy of induction with docetaxel and platinum salt (TP) and subsequent CRT...
- Paclitaxel-resistant cells have a mutation in the paclitaxel-binding region of beta-tubulin (Asp26Glu) and less stable microtubulesMalathi Hari
Discovery Oncology, Wyeth, 401 North Middletown Road, Room 4709, Building 200, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:270-8. 2006..These results suggest that a mutation in tubulin might affect microtubule stability as well as drug binding and contribute to the observed resistance profile...
- Docetaxel plus prednisolone for the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer: a multicenter Phase II trial in JapanS Naito
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University 71, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8585, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:365-72. 2008..This study was undertaken to assess the feasibility of docetaxel in combination with prednisolone in Japanese patients with HRPC...
- Bioavailability and tissular distribution of docetaxel, a P-glycoprotein substrate, are modified by interferon-alpha in ratsMakrem Ben Reguiga
University of Paris Sud, Clinical Pharmacy Department UPRES 2706, Faculty of Pharmacy, 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:401-8. 2007..14)C]DTX was decreased in intestine and enhanced in brain in both pre-treated groups. rhIFN-alpha modified the P-gp-dependent pharmacokinetics of DTX, limited its intestinal efflux and markedly enhanced its oral bioavailability...
- Tumorspheres derived from prostate cancer cells possess chemoresistant and cancer stem cell propertiesLinlin Zhang
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:675-86. 2012..We aim to investigate the potential role of cancer stem cells (CSCs) in PCa progression...
- Phase III trial comparing vinflunine with docetaxel in second-line advanced non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-containing chemotherapyMaciej Krzakowski
Centrum Onkologii Instytut, Warsaw, Poland
J Clin Oncol 28:2167-73. 2010..To compare vinflunine (VFL) to docetaxel in patients with stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who have experienced treatment failure with first-line platinum-based chemotherapy...
- A randomized phase III study of the docetaxel/carboplatin combination versus docetaxel single-agent as second line treatment for patients with advanced/metastatic non-small cell lung cancerAthanasios G Pallis
Hellenic Oncology Research Group, 55 Lombardou str, 114 74 Athens, Greece
BMC Cancer 10:633. 2010..To compare the activity and toxicity of docetaxel/carboplatin (DC) doublet vs single agent docetaxel (D) as second-line treatment in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Neoadjuvant treatment with trastuzumab in HER2-positive breast cancer: results from the GeparQuattro studyMichael Untch
Universitäts Frauenklinik Frankfurt, c o GBG Forschungs GmbH, Martin Behaim Str 12, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:2024-31. 2010..Combination of chemotherapy with trastuzumab should be considered when neoadjuvant treatment is given to patients with HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Docetaxel: its role in current and future treatments for advanced gastric cancerMasahiko Nishiyama
Translational Research Center, Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama, 350 1298, Japan
Gastric Cancer 12:132-41. 2009..This review focuses on docetaxel as a key agent in gastric cancer chemotherapy, and discusses the role of this taxane in current and future treatments for advanced gastric cancer...
- Population pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of docetaxel in phase II studies in patients with cancerR Bruno
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Department, , Antony, France
J Clin Oncol 16:187-96. 1998..Prospective implementation of large-scale population PK/PD evaluation is feasible in early drug development and this approach generates clinically relevant findings...
- Potentiation of the anti-tumour effect of docetaxel by conjugated linoleic acids (CLAs) in breast cancer cells in vitroAlemu Fite
Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Aberdeen, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 77:87-96. 2007..Results show that CLA isomers augment anti-tumour effects of docetaxel in breast cancer cells and suggest possible dual treatment regimens...
- Molecular subtypes and tumor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancerSeung Il Kim
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Oncology 79:324-30. 2010..Pathologic complete response (pCR) is the most predictive factor for patients with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and we investigated the rate of pCR according to molecular subtypes defined by immunohistochemical staining...
- Economics of treatments for non-small cell lung cancerChristos Chouaid
INSERM, U707, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 27:113-25. 2009..This review suggests that most therapies for NSCLC are cost effective when the patient has a good performance status, with an incremental cost-effectiveness ratio under USD 50,000 per life-year gained in the majority of cases...
- First-line treatment of advanced breast cancer with sunitinib in combination with docetaxel versus docetaxel alone: results of a prospective, randomized phase III studyJonas Bergh
Karolinska Institutet and University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 30:921-9. 2012..To investigate whether sunitinib plus docetaxel improves clinical outcomes for patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)/neu-negative advanced breast cancer (ABC) versus docetaxel alone...
- Adjuvant docetaxel or vinorelbine with or without trastuzumab for breast cancerHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
N Engl J Med 354:809-20. 2006..We compared docetaxel with vinorelbine for the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer. Women with tumors that overexpressed HER2/neu were also assigned to receive concomitant treatment with trastuzumab or no such treatment...
- Effect of interleukin-8 gene silencing with liposome-encapsulated small interfering RNA on ovarian cancer cell growthWilliam M Merritt
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:359-72. 2008..Interleukin-8 (IL-8) is a proangiogenic cytokine that is overexpressed in many human cancers. We investigated the clinical and biologic significance of IL-8 in ovarian carcinoma using human samples and orthotopic mouse models...
- Gelatinase-stimuli strategy enhances the tumor delivery and therapeutic efficacy of docetaxel-loaded poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(ɛ-caprolactone) nanoparticlesQin Liu
The Comprehensive Cancer Center of Drum Tower Hospital, Medical School of Nanjing University and Clinical Cancer Institute of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:281-95. 2012..01). Both in vitro and in vivo experiments suggest that the gelatinase-mediated nanoscale delivery system is promising for improvement of antitumor efficacy in various overexpressed gelatinase cancers...
- Cellular cytotoxicity and in-vivo biodistribution of docetaxel poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticlesFarnaz Esmaeili
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Anticancer Drugs 21:43-52. 2010....
- Folate-receptor-targeted delivery of docetaxel nanoparticles prepared by PLGA-PEG-folate conjugateFarnaz Esmaeili
Novel Drug Delivery Systems Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Drug Target 16:415-23. 2008..These results suggested that FOL-targeted DTX NPs could be a potentially useful delivery system for FOL-receptor-positive cancer cells...
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- Thiolated chitosan nanoparticles for enhancing oral absorption of docetaxel: preparation, in vitro and ex vivo evaluationShahrooz Saremi
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Nanomedicine 6:119-28. 2011..It can be concluded that by combining the advantages of both thiolated polymers and colloidal particles, these nanoparticles can be proposed as a drug carrier system for mucosal delivery of hydrophobic drugs...
- The relevance of breast cancer subtypes in the outcome of neoadjuvant chemotherapyM E Straver
Department of Surgical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2411-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the differences between histological and receptor-based subtypes in breast-conserving surgery and pathological complete response (pCR) after neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Limited tissue penetration of taxanes: a mechanism for resistance in solid tumorsAlastair H Kyle
Department of Medical Biophysics, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:2804-10. 2007..Taxanes represent a class of drugs that are currently undergoing a new round of development, but with little known of their ability to penetrate and distribute relative to blood vessels within solid tumors...
- Adjuvant docetaxel for high-risk, node-negative breast cancerMiguel Martin
Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
N Engl J Med 363:2200-10. 2010..The value of taxanes in the treatment of node-negative disease has not been determined...
- Combination of docetaxel and recombinant vaccine enhances T-cell responses and antitumor activity: effects of docetaxel on immune enhancementCharlie T Garnett
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:3536-44. 2008....
- High thioredoxin expression is associated with resistance to docetaxel in primary breast cancerSeung Jin Kim
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:8425-30. 2005....
- Paclitaxel pathway transcriptional activatorsPierre Broun; Fiscal Year: 2002..using plant cell culture may be a long-term solution, since suspension cells constitute a renewable source of taxoids. However a major obstacle remains the obtention of stable and highly productive cell lines...
- Rigid-rod Peptides as Nanocarriers for Delivery of Cancer DrugsKatarzyna Slowinska; Fiscal Year: 2013..Paclitaxel (PTX) is one of the most successful taxoids in clinical use today...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF TAXOLRodney B Croteau; Fiscal Year: 2010..C13-0-acetyltransferases which, along with taxoid 14p-hydroxylase, constitute major diversions of intermediate taxoids away from Taxol;and 4...
- Biosynthesis of Taxol Precursors in Transgenic MossAldwin Anterola; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, a new method of producing Taxol and other taxoids is required...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF TAXOLRodney Croteau; Fiscal Year: 2000..In the final aim, transgenic Taxus systems will be engineered for overexpression of slow pathway steps using existing technologies, and the influence on the production yields of taxol, and related taxoids, will be determined.
- ID OF NOVEL BREAST CANCER AGENTS BY FUNCTIONAL GENOMICSKLEANTHIS XANTHOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 1999..However, standard endocrine drug therapy as well as chemotherapy and treatment with taxoids fail to treat recurring breast cancer...
- NEW SYNTHESIS OF BIOCHEMICALS WITH HOMOGENEOUS CATALYSTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this project, we plan to develop new synthetic routes to a variety of enantiopure heterocyclic and carbocyclic compounds of medicinal interest featuring diastereoselective or enantioselective catalytic processes as the key steps. ..
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..The PI will continue to develop the second generation taxoids based on the SAR study...
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- AIDS MALIGNANCY CONSORTIUMJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Enhancement of Ad-p53 Therapy with Intratumoral TaxaneGEORGE YOO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Favorable data from the proposed project will lead to the development of clinical trials using intratumoral and intra-wound injections of docetaxel and Ad-p53. ..
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES TO STUDY AND TREAT HIVMarshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also study long term non-progressors and early progressors to assess the relationship of antibody to intact PI virions to control of disease as a basis for larger more powerful evaluations. ..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- Fatigue & Breast Cancer-A Behavioral Sleep InterventionAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2006..Statistical analyses include RM-ANOVA, generalized estimation equation methodology and multiple regression analysis. Results may inform development of clinical guidelines for fatigue management during adjuvant CT. ..
- Functional Mechanisms of Antibody Inhibition of HIV-1Marshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term objectives will be to select constructs from in vitro testing for further testing in non-human primate models of prevention and therapeutics. ..
- Sleep Disturbances in People with Cancer and CaregiversAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerLajos Pusztai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that our work will lead to the development of microarray-based clinical tests to personalize chemotherapy selection for an individual with newly diagnosed breast cancer. ..
- Enhancing the Safety of Research ParticipantsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of PIASy in Androgen Signaling and Prostate CancerMitchell Gross; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a medical oncologist, the candidate?s career goal is to combine research in the fields of signal transduction and tumor biology to understand and treat prostate cancer...
- Evaluation of CYP24 as a Target for Enhancing Vitamin D*Donald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006..of apoptosis markers whether a relationship exists between modulation of these effects in vitro on tumor cells and a significant antitumor response in vivo in prostate, pancreatic and lung cancer models [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hypoxia-induced Proteins as Lung Cancer BiomarkersPhilip Mack; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHETIC STUDIES RELATED TO CANCER RESEARCH/TREATMENTPaul Wender; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, this research program is expected to be of significant value in chemistry, biology, and medicine. ..
- Rectal Cancer: Molecular Markers of Outcome and ToxicityHeinz Josef Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this study may aid in the development of future treatment strategies for patients with rectal cancer. ..
- Pharmacogenomics of ADRs: Calcineurin Inhibitor ToxicityKenneth Thummel; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of TRPC6 mutations in inherited FSGSJohannes Schlondorff; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further open new lines of investigation into how TRPC6 function is crucial for proper podocyte function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- STUDIES OF TUBULIN-INTERACTIVE ANTICANCER DRUGSDavid Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such compounds are expected to show good tubulin polymerization and cytotoxic properties, and may thus become synthetically accessible anticancer agents. ..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Analysis of A Novel Prostate-Associated GeneYi Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term objectives are (1) to elucidate a novel apoptotic signal transduction pathway; (2) to determine whether hpHyde has the potential to be used as a biomarker in prostate cancer diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- Personal Profile-Prostate:An Internet Decision SupportDonna Berry; Fiscal Year: 2004..After the programming is complete and the innovative web-based intervention is created, we will pilot test the program in 20 men with localized prostate cancer. ..
- BREAST CANCER--PREPARING FOR SURVIVORSHIPPatricia Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CTLA-4 BLOCKADE IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR PROSTATE CANCEREugene Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN CLINICAL RESEARCHDavid Schteingart; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis by C CAM1Sue Hwa Lin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Achieving these aims will provide valuable information for applying CCAM1 for prostate cancer therapy and for developing C-CAM1 combination therapy. ..
- COMPOSITION, ACTIVITY AND DRUG INTERACTIONS OF ECHINACEACYNTHIA WENNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..By addressing these aims, Dr. Wenner will gain strong research skills in botanical medicine and the expertise necessary to significantly impact this field. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- 500MHz Console UpgradeBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 2003..T. McQuade will use NMR in designing new synthetic approaches to highly functionalized polymers; Prof. J. Meinwald will investigate the structures of biologically significant molecules involved in chemical communication. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CANCER RISK AND OUTCOME IN GI ONCOLOGYHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal will feature three beginning clinicians responsible for three different patient oriented projects taking advantage of our successful program in molecular outcome research. ..
- HYPOXIC IMAGING GUIDED INTENSITY MODULATED RADIOTHERAPYKS CLIFFORD CHAO; Fiscal Year: 2003..They will test the hypothesis by performing multiple Cu-60 ATSM PET scans during the course of irradiation to understand the spatial evolution of hypoxic tumor. ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Society for Integrative OncologyBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application requests support from NIH to cover costs that remain after anticipated organizational/donor support and registration fees are taken into account. ..
- IMPROVING COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENING RATESPatricia Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, we will establish the validity of member self-report of FOBT and sigmoidoscopy through a chart review. ..
- AP4 Planning for Targeted Drugs in Orphan CancersKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The specific aims, when accomplished, will result in a successful planning year and the creation of an innovative, goal-oriented AP4 Center. ..
- PHASE I TRIAL OF A PEPTIDE VACCINE AGAINST EGFRVIIIBruce Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2005..To characterize effects of human anti-EGFRvIII antibodies on EGFRvIII signaling. 4. To determine the level of EGFR specific T cell response after immunization with EGFRvIII peptide. ..
- NURSING SUPPORT OF DECISIONS BY MEN WITH PROSTATE CANCERDonna Berry; Fiscal Year: 2002..A prototype decision support aid will be developed and a pilot test conducted to guide men through the personal issues, expectations, and preferences to be considered in treatment decision-making after a diagnosis of prostate cancer. ..
- PREOPERATIVE TREATMENT OF LUNG CANCER WITH rhuMab VEGFGregory Otterson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Careful comparison/analysis of clinical and biologic information gathered in this study will likely enhance our understanding of tumor growth and progression as well as response to therapy. ..
- NF KAPPA B MEDIATED CHEMORESISTANCE IN HUMAN LUNG CANCERDavid Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of this study is to provide the necessary background for the initiation of novel treatment strategies designed to treat patients with advanced lung cancer. ..
- Uveal Melanoma MicrometastasisPierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Micrometastases, microscopic deposits of tumor that have spread via the bloodstream, are present in many patients with uveal melanoma at diagnosis. This project will test new methods of identifying and inhibiting these deposits. ..
- Targeting HIF-1alpha in renal cell carcinoma: the role of HDAC inhibitorsRoberto Pili; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ethnicity-based proteomic biomarkers in breast cancerHelena Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Massage for Treatment of Pain Advanced CancerBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2002..trial could be completed in less than two years, and if the 95 percent confidence interval for the difference between group means includes at least a 20 percent lower mean post-treatment pain score on massage than sham treatment ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMMelanie Mediavilla Varela; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide insights into the mechanisms underlying prostate tumor resistance to cell death and lead to development of novel therapeutic strategies for PCa. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture Treatment of Chronic Pain in Pancreatic CaBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Otherwise, an additional 19 patients will be accrued. A Phase III trial will be deemed warranted if there are 6 or more responses in total; this is consistent with a 30 percent response rate. ..
- Integrative Oncology Research Training Program at MSKCCBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these skills combined with the completion of the research plan will allow the candidate to pursue such research independently. ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers in Ovarian CancerElizabeth Swisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may identify new prognostic or diagnostic markers in ovarian cancer. Such markers could then be tested in prospective trials to determine their clinical utility. ..
- Biomarker modulation/COX-2 inhibitor/Breast CancerBanu Arun; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the development of non-hormonal chemoprevention agents, and identification of surrogate markers will allow us to plan large-scale, phase III chemoprevention studies with the endpoint of cancer incidence. ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in cancer pts: pilot for RCTBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Prognostic Markers in Trials for Head and Neck CancerKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To develop tissue microarrays based on the samples in specific aims 1 and 2 for focused screening and validation of additional cellular factors as determinants of clinical response and outcome. ..
- Acupuncture treatment for post-thoracotomy pain syndromeBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research has the potential of leading to a new treatment option to improve the quality of life of cancer patients and cancer survivors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..