Genomes and Genes
Summary: A naphthacene antibiotic that inhibits AMINO ACYL TRNA binding during protein synthesis.
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Tetracycline resistance determinants: mechanisms of action, regulation of expression, genetic mobility, and distributionM C Roberts
Department of Pathobiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7238, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 19:1-24. 1996b>Tetracycline-resistant bacteria were first isolated in 1953 from Shigella dysenteriae, a bacterium which causes bacterial dysentery. Since then tetracycline-resistant bacterial have been found in increasing numbers of species and genera...
- Update on acquired tetracycline resistance genesMarilyn C Roberts
Department of Pathobiology, Box 357238, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 245:195-203. 2005This mini-review summarizes the changes in the field of bacterial acquired tetracycline resistance (tet) and oxytetracycline (otr) genes identified since the last major review in 2001...
- Conditional control of gene expression in the mouseM Lewandoski
Section of Genetics of Vertebrate Development, Laboratory of Cancer and Developmental Biology, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Nat Rev Genet 2:743-55. 2001..Here, I review these systems and discuss certain studies that exemplify the advantages and limitations of each system...
- Bismuth-based quadruple therapy using a single capsule of bismuth biskalcitrate, metronidazole, and tetracycline given with omeprazole versus omeprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin for eradication of Helicobacter pylori in duodenal ulcer patients: a Loren Laine
University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:562-7. 2003..assessed efficacy of bismuth-based quadruple therapy with omeprazole, bismuth biskalcitrate, metronidazole, and tetracycline (OBMT) using a single-triple capsule of BMT compared with triple therapy with omeprazole, amoxicillin, and ..
- The structural basis for the action of the antibiotics tetracycline, pactamycin, and hygromycin B on the 30S ribosomal subunitD E Brodersen
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Cell 103:1143-54. 2000..atomic structure of the 30S ribosomal subunit to determine the structures of its complexes with the antibiotics tetracycline, pactamycin, and hygromycin B...
- Conditional tetracycline-regulated expression of TGF-beta1 in liver of transgenic mice leads to reversible intermediary fibrosisElke Ueberham
University of Leipzig, Institute for Biochemistry, Germany
Hepatology 37:1067-78. 2003Based on the tetracycline-regulated gene expression system, a double-transgenic mouse model for liver fibrosis was established in which the expression of transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF-beta1) can be regulated deliberately by ..
- Proteomic analysis of the sarcosine-insoluble outer membrane fraction of Pseudomonas aeruginosa responding to ampicilin, kanamycin, and tetracycline resistanceXuanxian Peng
Center for Proteomics, Department of Biology, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, People s Republic of China
J Proteome Res 4:2257-65. 2005..aeruginosa responding to ampicilin, kanamycin and tetracycline resistances...
- Helicobacter pylori eradication with a capsule containing bismuth subcitrate potassium, metronidazole, and tetracycline given with omeprazole versus clarithromycin-based triple therapy: a randomised, open-label, non-inferiority, phase 3 trialPeter Malfertheiner
Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektiologie, Otto von Guericke Universtität, Magdeburg, Germany
Lancet 377:905-13. 2011..Our aim was to assess the efficacy and safety of a new, single-capsule treatment versus the gold standard for H pylori eradication...
- Efficient method to generate single-copy transgenic mice by site-specific integration in embryonic stem cellsCaroline Beard
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genesis 44:23-8. 2006..by site-specific recombination that allows establishment of multiple embryonic stem (ES) cell lines carrying tetracycline-inducible genes targeted to a specific locus to assure predictable temporal and spatial expression in ES cells ..
- Transgenic calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activation: dose-dependent effects on synaptic plasticity, learning, and memoryRafael Bejar
Neurosciences Graduate Program, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Neurosci 22:5719-26. 2002..We used transgenic mice carrying a tetracycline-regulated, calcium-independent form of CaMKII (CaMKII-Asp286) to investigate the role of CaMKII activation on ..
- Hepatic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells by tetracycline-regulated hepatocyte nuclear factor 3betaKyoko Ishii
Department of Genetic Medicine and Regenerative Therapeutics, Division of Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Hepatology 48:597-606. 2008..In the present study, we established a tetracycline (Tet)-regulated expression system for HNF3beta in UE7T-13 BM-MSCs...
- erm(B)-carrying elements in tetracycline-resistant pneumococci and correspondence between Tn1545 and Tn6003Ileana Cochetti
Institute of Microbiology and Biomedical Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche Medical School, Via Tronto 10 A, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1285-90. 2008..the genetic organization of erm(B)-carrying transposons of Streptococcus pneumoniae and their distribution in tetracycline-resistant clinical isolates...
- Abundance of six tetracycline resistance genes in wastewater lagoons at cattle feedlots with different antibiotic use strategiesNicholas Peak
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Environ Microbiol 9:143-51. 2007The abundance of six tetracycline resistance genes tet(O), tet(Q), tet(W), tet(M), tet(B) and tet(L), were quantified over time in wastewater lagoons at concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFO) to assess how feedlot operation affects ..
- Generation of cell lines with tetracycline-regulated autophagy and a role for autophagy in controlling cell sizeNao Hosokawa
Department of Bioregulation and Metabolism, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:2623-9. 2006..The generated cell lines will be useful reagents for future mechanistic studies into the regulation and physiologic significance of autophagy...
- The tetracycline resistomeMaulik Thaker
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, Michael G DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:419-31. 2010Resistance to tetracycline emerged soon after its discovery six decades ago...
- Global changes in Kaposi's sarcoma-associated virus gene expression patterns following expression of a tetracycline-inducible Rta transactivatorHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Division of Tumor Virology, New England Regional Primate Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Southborough, Massachusetts 01772, USA
J Virol 77:4205-20. 2003..This system uses Flp-mediated efficient recombination and tetracycline-inducible expression...
- An improved tetracycline-inducible expression vector for Staphylococcus aureusRebecca M Corrigan
Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Plasmid 61:126-9. 2009The tetracycline-inducible expression vector pALC2073 allowed high level expression of the cloned sasG gene but repression by uninduced cells was leaky...
- Silencing and un-silencing of tetracycline-controlled genes in neuronsPeixin Zhu
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e533. 2007To identify the underlying reason for the controversial performance of tetracycline (Tet)-controlled regulated gene expression in mammalian neurons, we investigated each of the three components that comprise the Tet inducible systems, ..
- Second-generation tetracycline-regulatable promoter: repositioned tet operator elements optimize transactivator synergy while shorter minimal promoter offers tight basal leakinessSiamak Agha-Mohammadi
Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Gene Med 6:817-28. 2004The tetracycline-regulatable system is one of the most valuable tools for controlling gene expression...
- Tetracycline-inducible gene expression and gene deletion in Candida albicansYang Nim Park
Institut für Molekulare Infektionsbiologie, Universitat Wurzburg, Rontgenring 11, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Eukaryot Cell 4:1328-42. 2005..We have established a system that allows induction of gene expression in C. albicans by the addition of tetracycline (Tet)...
- Silencing Mycobacterium smegmatis by using tetracycline repressorsXinzheng V Guo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bacteriol 189:4614-23. 2007..processes in mycobacteria, we and others have developed regulated expression systems that are repressed by a tetracycline repressor (TetR) and induced with tetracyclines, permitting the construction of conditional mutants of ..
- Inhibition of proteolytic, serpinolytic, and progelatinase-b activation activities of periodontopathogens by doxycycline and the non-antimicrobial chemically modified tetracycline derivativesD Grenier
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Periodontol 73:79-85. 2002..In this study, the effects of Doxy and CMT-1, -3, and -5 on proteolytic, serpinolytic, and progelatinase-B activation activities of potent periodontopathogens were studied...
- Occurrence of two genotypes of tetracycline (TC) resistance gene tet(M) in the TC-resistant bacteria in marine sediments of JapanM Habibur Rahman
Center for Marine Environmental Studies, Ehime University, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 42:5055-61. 2008The tetracycline (TC) resistance gene tet(M) was monitored in bacteria isolated from Japanese coastal and off-shore marine sediments...
- Resistance of helicobacter pylori to metronidazole, tetracycline and amoxycillinH Wu
Department of Microbiology, Shanghai Second Medical University, Chongqing South Road 280, China 200025
J Antimicrob Chemother 46:121-3. 2000Resistance to metronidazole, tetracycline and amoxycillin, and beta-lactamase production were determined for 153 clinical isolates of Helicobacter pylori. Of these isolates, 77.8% were resistant to metronidazole (MIC > 8 mg/L), 58...
- Propensity of activated sludge to amplify or attenuate tetracycline resistance genes and tetracycline resistant bacteria: a mathematical modeling approachSungpyo Kim
Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering, Columbia University, 500 West 120th Street, New York, NY 10027, USA
Chemosphere 78:1071-7. 2010..of the activated sludge (AS) process at three wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) to amplify or attenuate tetracycline resistant bacteria (TRB) and tetracycline resistance genes (TRG)...
- Efficacy and safety of single-triple capsules of bismuth biskalcitrate, metronidazole and tetracycline, given with omeprazole, for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori: an international multicentre studyC O'Morain
Department of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Health Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:415-20. 2003..The high prevalence of Helicobacter pylori resistance to metronidazole demands treatments more effective than standard bismuth-based triple therapy against these strains...
- Influence of soil use on prevalence of tetracycline, streptomycin, and erythromycin resistance and associated resistance genesMagdalena Popowska
Department of Applied Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1434-43. 2012..The most frequently detected resistance genes were tet(B), tet(D), tet(O), tet(T), and tet(W) for tetracycline resistance, str(A), str(B), and aac for streptomycin resistance, and erm(C), erm(V), erm(X), msr(A), ole(B), ..
- Longitudinal analysis of mammogenesis using a novel tetracycline-inducible mouse model and in vivo imagingBradley A Creamer
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6805, USA
Genesis 47:234-45. 2009We generated a novel mouse model, which expresses the tetracycline-inducible transactivator under the regulation of the endogenous whey acidic protein gene...
- Filarial susceptibility and effects of Wolbachia in Aedes pseudoscutellaris mosquitoesT J Dutton
Vector Research Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Med Vet Entomol 19:60-5. 2005..Maternal inheritance of filarial susceptibility in the complex has previously been asserted, and larval tetracycline treatment reduced susceptibility; the maternally inherited Wolbachia in these mosquitoes were suggested to be ..
- Neuronal vulnerability in transgenic mice expressing an inducible dominant-negative FGF receptorFelix P Eckenstein
Department of Neurology and Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, HSRF 408, VT 05405, USA
Exp Neurol 198:338-49. 2006..EMBO J 9 833-840] can be used to drive widespread neuronal expression of the reverse tetracycline transactivator M2 (rtTA-M2 [Urlinger, S., Baron, U., Thellmann, M., Hasan, M.T., Bujard, H., and Hillen, W...
- Tetracycline and streptomycin resistance genes, transposons, and plasmids in Salmonella enterica isolates from animals in ItalyCristina Pezzella
Laboratory of Bacteriology and Medical Mycology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:903-8. 2004..of 20 serotypes, isolated from animal sources in Italy, were analyzed for tet(A) and strA-strB, conferring tetracycline and streptomycin resistance, respectively...
- The power of reversibility regulating gene activities via tetracycline-controlled transcriptionKai Schonig
Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, Mannheim, Germany
Methods Enzymol 477:429-53. 2010b>Tetracycline-controlled transcriptional activation systems are widely used to control gene expression in transgenic animals in a truly conditional manner...
- A tetracycline-binding RNA aptamerC Berens
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Vienna Biocenter Dr. Bohrgasse 9/4, A-1030, Vienna, Austria
Bioorg Med Chem 9:2549-56. 2001..To study the mode of interaction of tetracycline with RNA, we isolated aptamers with high affinity to this antibiotic via in vitro selection...
- Selection of tetracycline inducible self-cleaving ribozymes as synthetic devices for gene regulation in yeastAlexander Wittmann
Institute for Molecular Biosciences, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Mol Biosyst 7:2419-27. 2011..Here we describe the selection of tetracycline inducible hammerhead ribozymes...
- Tetracyclines and chemically modified tetracycline-3 (CMT-3) modulate cytokine secretion by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated whole bloodJulia Cazalis
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, G1K 7P4, Canada
Inflammation 32:130-7. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the effects of tetracycline (TC), doxycycline (doxy), and chemically modified tetracycline-3 (CMT-3) on the production of pro-inflammatory ..
- Tetracycline resistance genes persist at aquaculture farms in the absence of selection pressureManu Tamminen
Department of Food and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Environ Sci Technol 45:386-91. 2011..prophylactic and therapeutic use of tetracyclines in aquaculture has been shown to contribute to the spread of tetracycline resistance in the environment...
- Tet(M)-promoted release of tetracycline from ribosomes is GTP dependentV Burdett
Department of Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Bacteriol 178:3246-51. 1996..factor G (EF-G), interacts with the protein biosynthetic machinery to render this process resistant to tetracycline in vivo and in vitro...
- Effects of tetracycline and zinc on selection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) sequence type 398 in pigsArshnee Moodley
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, 1870, Denmark
Vet Microbiol 152:420-3. 2011An in vivo experiment was conducted to evaluate the effects of tetracycline and zinc on pig colonization and transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) sequence type (ST) 398...
- Identification of tet(M) in two Lactococcus lactis strains isolated from a Spanish traditional starter-free cheese made of raw milk and conjugative transfer of tetracycline resistance to lactococci and enterococciAna Belén Flórez
Instituto de Productos Lácteos de Asturias CSIC, Carretera de Infiesto s n, 33300 Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 121:189-94. 2008Specific PCR and sequencing showed that a tet(M) gene was present in two tetracycline-resistant Lactococcus lactis strains isolated from a raw milk, starter-free cheese...
- Effects of mouse strain, position of integration and tetracycline analogue on the tetracycline conditional system in transgenic miceAndrea Robertson
Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, Division of Biomedical Sciences and Clinical Sciences Centre, London, UK
Gene 282:65-74. 2002The tetracycline conditional system is a very powerful method for achieving control of gene expression in transgenic mice, allowing one to turn expression both off and on in the same animal...
- Multiplex PCR for the detection of tetracycline resistant genesL K Ng
National Microbiology Laboratory, Population and Public Health Branch, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 3R2, Canada
Mol Cell Probes 15:209-15. 2001Specific primer pairs were selected for the PCR amplification of 14 tetracycline resistant genes commonly found in Gram positive and Gram negative organisms...
- Targeting of a tetracycline-inducible expression system to the transcriptionally silent minichromosomes of Trypanosoma bruceiBill Wickstead
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 125:211-6. 2002
- The TetR family of transcriptional repressorsJuan L Ramos
Department of Plant Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 69:326-56. 2005..e., TetR bound to the target operator represses tetA transcription and is released in the presence of tetracycline), or more complex, involving a series of regulatory cascades in which either the expression of the TetR family ..
- Tetracycline treatment and sex-ratio distortion: a role for Wolbachia in the moulting of filarial nematodes?M Casiraghi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
Int J Parasitol 32:1457-68. 2002..These bacteria are thought to be beneficial to the host nematode. Indeed, tetracycline treatments reduce the population of Wolbachia in filarial worms and have detrimental effects on the nematode...
- Levofloxacin-based triple therapy versus bismuth-based quadruple therapy for persistent Helicobacter pylori infection: a meta-analysisRichard J Saad
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:488-96. 2006..Levofloxacin-based triple therapy has been suggested as an alternative salvage therapy to bismuth-based quadruple therapy for persistent Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection...
- In vivo gene regulation using tetracycline-regulatable systemsKnut Stieger
INSERM UMR U649, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 61:527-41. 2009..Among these, the tetracycline-regulatable system is by far the most frequently used and the most advanced towards gene therapy trials...
- Molecular analysis of a synthetic tetracycline-binding riboswitchShane Hanson
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Fried rich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
RNA 11:503-11. 2005..Regulation by a tetracycline (tc)-binding aptamer when inserted into the 5' untranslated region (UTR) of a reporter gene exhibits all ..
- Tests of cytoplasmic RNA interference (RNAi) and construction of a tetracycline-inducible T7 promoter system in Trypanosoma cruziWanderson D DaRocha
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 133:175-86. 2004..We generated a strain of T. cruzi CL-Brener in which the T7 promoter and tetracycline operator could be used to maximize tetracycline-regulated dsRNA synthesis and constructed plasmids that direct ..
- Structure and function in rhodopsin: high-level expression of rhodopsin with restricted and homogeneous N-glycosylation by a tetracycline-inducible N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase I-negative HEK293S stable mammalian cell linePhilip J Reeves
Departments of Biology and Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13419-24. 2002..The tetracycline-inducible opsin expression system was assembled into this GnTI(-) HEK293S cell line...
- Expression of transgenes targeted to the Gt(ROSA)26Sor locus is orientation dependentDouglas Strathdee
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom Centre for Neuroscience Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
PLoS ONE 1:e4. 2006..A single copy of the DNA construct can be inserted by targeting into regions of chromatin that allow the desired developmental and tissue-specific expression of the transgene...
- Initiation of actinorhodin export in Streptomyces coelicolorKapil Tahlan
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Mol Microbiol 63:951-61. 2007..and actA resemble the classic tetR and tetA repressor/efflux pump-encoding gene pairs that confer resistance to tetracycline. Like TetR, which represses tetA, ActR is a repressor of actA...
- Distribution of tetracycline and streptomycin resistance genes and class 1 integrons in Enterobacteriaceae isolated from dairy and nondairy farm soilsVelusamy Srinivasan
Department of Animal Science and the Food Safety Center of Excellence, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Microb Ecol 55:184-93. 2008The prevalence of selected tetracycline and streptomycin resistance genes and class 1 integrons in Enterobacteriaceae (n = 80) isolated from dairy farm soil and nondairy soils was evaluated...
- Tetracycline aptamer-controlled regulation of pre-mRNA splicing in yeastJulia E Weigand
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 35:4179-85. 2007..We apply the synthetic tetracycline (tc)-binding riboswitch to establish a gene expression system for conditional tc-dependent control of pre-mRNA ..
- Tetracycline-regulatable system to tightly control gene expression in the pathogenic fungus Candida albicansH Nakayama
Department of Mycology, Nippon Roche K K Research Center, 200 Kajiwara, Kamakura, Kanagawa 247 8530, Japan
Infect Immun 68:6712-9. 2000..To this end, we developed a convenient system to control gene expression in C. albicans by the tetracycline-regulatable (TR) promoters...
- A novel technique for removing Wolbachia infections from Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae)S L Dobson
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Med Entomol 38:844-9. 2001..albopictus. This method differs from earlier techniques in that it relies upon the tetracycline treatment of adults instead of larvae. We demonstrate that tetracycline treatment of adult Ae...
- Transposon-mediated stable integration and tetracycline-inducible expression of electroporated transgenes in chicken embryosYoshiko Takahashi
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5, Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Methods Cell Biol 87:271-80. 2008
- Tetracycline-inducible transgene expression mediated by a single AAV vectorA Chtarto
Interdisciplinary Research Institute, ULB Hospital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Gene Ther 10:84-94. 2003..We describe a single AAV vector in which transcription of both the reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA) and the transgene is initiated from a bidirectional tetracycline-responsive promoter and ..
- Stochastic simulations of the tetracycline operonKonstantinos Biliouris
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Minnesota, 421 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
BMC Syst Biol 5:9. 2011The tetracycline operon is a self-regulated system. It is found naturally in bacteria where it confers resistance to antibiotic tetracycline...
- [Prevalence of metronidazole, clarithromycin and tetracycline resistance in Helicobacter pylori isolated from Chilean patients]Cristian Vallejos
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, ICBM, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:287-93. 2007..Helicobacter pylori is a pathogenic bacterium that infects a significant number of individuals. At present, therapeutic strategies to eradicate this bacterium depend on our knowledge of its resistance to antimicrobials...
- Use of the tetracycline-controlled transcriptional silencer (tTS) to eliminate transgene leak in inducible overexpression transgenic miceZ Zhu
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8057, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25222-9. 2001The doxycycline-inducible reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA) is frequently used to overexpress transgenes in a temporally regulated fashion in vivo...
- Correlation of tetracycline and sulfonamide antibiotics with corresponding resistance genes and resistant bacteria in a conventional municipal wastewater treatment plantPin Gao
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Donghua University, Shanghai 201620, China
Sci Total Environ 421:173-83. 2012..In this study, total concentrations of tetracycline and sulfonamide antibiotics in final effluent were detected at 652.6 and 261...
- Conditional knockdown of target gene expression by tetracycline regulated transcription of double strand RNAXubin Hou
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 53:69-75. 2011In vivo electroporation has served as an effective tool for the study of developmental biology. Here we report tetracycline inducible gene knockdown by electroporation...
- Development of an optimized tetracycline-inducible expression system to increase the accumulation of interleukin-10 in tobacco BY-2 suspension cellsLuisa Bortesi
Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134, Verona, Italy
BMC Biotechnol 12:40. 2012..Temporal restriction is also useful for recombinant proteins whose constitutive expression affects cell growth and viability, such as viral interleukin-10 (vIL-10)...
- Integrative elements for Bacillus subtilis yielding tetracycline-dependent growth phenotypesRalph Bertram
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Institut fur Biologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e153. 2005..The outward-facing promoter of these integrative elements termed InsTet(G+) is inducible by tetracycline so that conditional mutants are generated...
- Tetracycline-inducible viral interleukin-10 intraocular gene transfer, using adeno-associated virus in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisJustine R Smith
INSERM U598, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 75270 Paris, France
Hum Gene Ther 16:1037-46. 2005..Our results show that local intravitreal injection of AAV2/2 is an effective means by which to deliver immunoregulatory molecules into the eye during uveitis, a chronic human ocular disease...
- Occurrence and transport of tetracycline, sulfonamide, quinolone, and macrolide antibiotics in the Haihe River Basin, ChinaYi Luo
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Pollution Processes and Environmental Criteria, College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Nankai University, Wei Jin Road 94, Tianjin 300071, China
Environ Sci Technol 45:1827-33. 2011The occurrence and transport of 12 antibiotics (from the tetracycline, sulfonamide, quinolone, and macrolide families) was studied in a 72-km stretch of the Haihe River, China, and in six of its tributaries...
- Tetracycline treatment retards the onset and slows the progression of diabetes in human amylin/islet amyloid polypeptide transgenic miceJacqueline F Aitken
School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Diabetes 59:161-71. 2010..Here, we used tetracycline, which modifies hA/hIAPP oligomerization, to probe mechanisms whereby hA/hIAPP causes diabetes in hemizygous hA/..
- Macrolide, lincosamide and tetracycline susceptibility and emm characterisation of invasive Streptococcus pyogenes isolates in IsraelRan Nir-Paz
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, P O Box 12000, Jerusalem, Israel
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:313-9. 2006..Minimal inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of erythromycin (ERY), clindamycin (CLI) and tetracycline (TET) were determined as well as ERY and TET resistance phenotypes and genotypes...
- Validation of a high-performance liquid chromatography method for the determination of oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline and doxycycline in bovine milk and muscleA L Cinquina
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Regioni Lazio e Toscana, Via Appia Nuova 1411, 00178 Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr A 987:227-33. 2003..7-129.9 micro/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively. The detection capability (CCbeta) was in the range 117.2-131.3 microg/kg and 114.9-133.1 microg/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively...
- Lack of humoral immune response to the tetracycline (Tet) activator in rats injected intracranially with Tet-off rAAV vectorsY Han
Department of Pediatrics, Neurobiology Program, Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Gene Ther 17:616-25. 2010..These observations suggest that tet-off rAAV vectors do not elicit an immune response when injected into rat brain and that these may offer safer vectors for Parkinson's disease than vectors with constitutive expression...
- Tetracycline and macrolide co-resistance in Streptococcus pyogenes: co-selection as a reason for increase in macrolide-resistant S. pyogenes?Hans Ulrik K Nielsen
Statens Serum Institut, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Microb Drug Resist 10:231-8. 2004In Denmark, tetracycline resistance in Streptococcus pyogenes is frequent (>30%) whereas macrolide resistance is low (<5%)...
- Cardiac transgenesis with the tetracycline transactivator changes myocardial function and gene expressionDiana T McCloskey
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Physiol Genomics 22:118-26. 2005The cardiac-specific tetracycline-regulated gene expression system (tet-system) is a powerful tool using double-transgenic mice...
- The use of tetracycline fibres in the treatment of generalised aggressive periodontitis: clinical and microbiological findingsD Sakellari
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology and Implant Biology, Dental School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Int Acad Periodontol 5:52-60. 2003The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of tetracycline fibres (TCF) as an adjunct to scaling in the treatment of generalised aggressive periodontitis and to compare the effects with mechanical treatment only...
- Detection of high-level tetracycline resistance in clinical isolates of Helicobacter pylori using PCR-RFLPMarcelo L Ribeiro
Clinical Pharmacology and Gastroenterology Unit, Sao Francisco University Medical School, Braganca Paulista, SP, Brazil
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 40:57-61. 2004b>Tetracycline is one of four antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection, but its effectiveness is decreasing as the incidence of tetracycline resistance is increasing...
- Changes in tetracycline susceptibility of enteric bacteria following switching to nonmedicated milk replacer for dairy calvesJohn B Kaneene
Center for Comparative Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1314, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:1968-77. 2008..to determine if discontinuing use of calf milk replacer medicated with oxytetracycline results in increased tetracycline susceptibility in Salmonella and Campylobacter spp. and Escherichia coli in dairy calves over a 12-month period...
- High-level expression and purification of Cys-loop ligand-gated ion channels in a tetracycline-inducible stable mammalian cell line: GABAA and serotonin receptorsZuzana Dostalova
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Protein Sci 19:1728-38. 2010..In a tetracycline-inducible stable human embryonic kidney cells (HEK293S) cell line, GABA(A) receptors containing α1 and β3 ..
- Functions of tetracycline efflux proteins that do not involve tetracyclineT A Krulwich
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York 10029, USA
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 3:237-46. 2001Tet(L) and Tet(K) are specific antibiotic-resistance determinants. They catalyze efflux of a tetracycline(Tc)-divalent metal complex in exchange for protons, as do other Tet efflux proteins...
- Inhibition of aggregate formation as therapeutic target in protein misfolding diseases: effect of tetracycline and trehaloseIvana Sirangelo
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biofisica, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Expert Opin Ther Targets 14:1311-21. 2010..Numerous compounds have been shown to inhibit amyloid fibril formation in vitro. Among these compounds, tetracycline and the disaccharide trehalose have been reported to inhibit or reverse amyloid aggregation but their ..
- Biodegradable microparticles for sustained delivery of tetracycline to the periodontal pocket: formulatory and drug release studiesE Esposito
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ferrara University, Italy
J Microencapsul 14:175-87. 1997This paper describes the production and characterization of biodegradable microparticles containing tetracycline, designed for periodontal disease therapy...
- Inducible endothelial cell-specific gene expression in transgenic mouse embryos and adult miceUrban Deutsch
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 314:1202-16. 2008..These transgenic model systems provide versatile tools for the TET-regulated manipulation of endothelial cell-specific gene expression in the entire embryonic vasculature and distinct vascular beds in adult mice...
- Decreased nanobacteria levels and symptoms of nanobacteria-associated interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome after tetracycline treatmentQing Hua Zhang
Urological Research Institute of PLA, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, People s Republic of China
Int Urogynecol J 21:103-9. 2010....
- New Tn916-related elements causing erm(B)-mediated erythromycin resistance in tetracycline-susceptible pneumococciIleana Cochetti
Institute of Microbiology and Biomedical Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche Medical School, 60020 Ancona, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:127-31. 2007To analyse the as yet unexplored genetic elements encoding erm(B)-mediated erythromycin resistance in tetracycline-susceptible pneumococci.
- Development of a BAC vector for integration-independent and tight regulation of transgenes in rodents via the Tet systemKai Schonig
Department of Molecular Biology, Central Institute of Metal Health and Heidelberg University, Medical Faculty Mannheim, J5, 68159, Mannheim, Germany
Transgenic Res 20:709-20. 2011..Similarly, tetracycline (Tet) controlled transcription units most commonly used for conditional transgene expression in mice are ..
- Identification of tetracycline- and erythromycin-resistant Gram-positive cocci within the fermenting microflora of an Italian dairy food productC Devirgiliis
INRAN National Research Institute on Food and Nutrition, Via Ardeatina, Rome, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 109:313-23. 2010..Microbiological and molecular analysis of antibiotic resistance in Gram-positive cocci derived from the Italian PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) dairy food product Mozzarella di Bufala Campana...
- The induction of folding cooperativity by ligand binding drives the allosteric response of tetracycline repressorSean E Reichheld
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:22263-8. 2009b>Tetracycline (Tc) repressor (TetR) undergoes an allosteric transition upon interaction with the antibiotic, Tc, that abrogates its ability to specifically bind its operator DNA...
- Sphingobacterium sp. strain PM2-P1-29 harbours a functional tet(X) gene encoding for the degradation of tetracyclineS Ghosh
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55455 0116, USA
J Appl Microbiol 106:1336-42. 2009..which is curious because tet(X) encodes for a NADP-dependent monooxygenase that requires oxygen to degrade tetracycline. In this study, we characterized a tetracycline resistant, aerobic, Gram-negative Sphingobacterium sp...
- Brugia malayi gene expression in response to the targeting of the Wolbachia endosymbiont by tetracycline treatmentElodie Ghedin
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e525. 2009..Elimination of the endosymbiont leads to sterilization of the adult female. Previous biochemical and genetic studies have established that communication with its endobacterium is essential for survival of the worm...
- The 27.8-kb R-plasmid pTET3 from Corynebacterium glutamicum encodes the aminoglycoside adenyltransferase gene cassette aadA9 and the regulated tetracycline efflux system Tet 33 flanked by active copies of the widespread insertion sequence IS6100Andreas Tauch
Degussa AG, Kantstrasse 2, D 33790 Halle Künsebeck, Germany
Plasmid 48:117-29. 2002..8-kb R-plasmid pTET3 from Corynebacterium glutamicum LP-6 which encodes streptomycin, spectinomycin, and tetracycline resistance...
- Tetracycline-chelated Mg2+ ion initiates helix unwinding in Tet repressor inductionP Orth
Institut fur Kristallographie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 38:191-8. 1999The homodimeric tetracycline repressor (TetR) regulates resistance to the antibiotic tetracycline at the transcriptional level. TetR binds in the absence of Tc to palindromic operator sequences utilizing two helix-turn-helix (HTH) motifs...
- Brugia pahangi and Wolbachia: the kinetics of bacteria elimination, worm viability, and host responses following tetracycline treatmentSharon R Chirgwin
Department of Pathobiological Science, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Exp Parasitol 103:16-26. 2003..b>Tetracycline has been used to cure filariae of Wolbachia, as a novel means of chemotherapeutic treatment for both ocular and ..
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori resistance to metronidazole, clarithromycin, amoxycillin, tetracycline and trovafloxacin in The NetherlandsY J Debets-Ossenkopp
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 43:511-5. 1999..We report the prevalence rates of H. pylori resistance to metronidazole, clarithromycin, amoxycillin, tetracycline and trovafloxacin in The Netherlands. A total of 231 H...
- Pretreatment antibiotic resistance in Helicobacter pylori infection: results of three randomized controlled studiesG Realdi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sassari, Italy
Helicobacter 4:106-12. 1999..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relation between pretreatment antibiotic resistance and outcome by using six different treatment regimens for H. pylori infection...
- Use of a nonmedicated dietary supplement correlates with increased prevalence of streptomycin-sulfa-tetracycline-resistant Escherichia coli on a dairy farmArtashes R Khachatryan
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, 402 Bustad Hall, Pullman, WA 99164 7040, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4583-8. 2006..Between 2001 and 2004 the prevalence of fecal E. coli strains resistant to streptomycin, sulfadiazine, and tetracycline (SSuT strains) declined from 59.2% to 26.1% in the calf population...
- Ligand-induced conformational capture of a synthetic tetracycline riboswitch revealed by pulse EPRDorith Wunnicke
Fachbereich Physik, Universitat Osnabruck, 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
RNA 17:182-8. 2011..spectroscopy combined with site-directed spin labeling was used to elucidate the conformational transition of a tetracycline aptamer upon ligand binding...
- Tetracycline resistance in Escherichia coli and persistence in the infantile colonic microbiotaNahid Karami
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Goteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 10A, SE 413 46 Goteborg, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:156-61. 2006..We assessed the carriage of tetracycline resistance genes, persistence in the microbiota, fecal population counts and virulence factor genes in 309 ..
- Resistance to tetracycline, macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin, trimethoprim, and sulfonamide drug classesMarilyn C Roberts
Department of Pathobiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Mol Biotechnol 20:261-83. 2002..In this article, we will examine the genes which confer resistance to tetracycline, macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin (MLS), trimethoprim, and sulfonamide.
- Molecular investigation of macrolide and Tetracycline resistances in oral bacteria isolated from Tunisian childrenBochra Kouidhi
Laboratoire d Analyses, Traitement et Valorisation des Polluants de l Environnement et des Produits, Faculté de Pharmacie de Monastir, Biologie clinique, Rue Avicenne, 5000 Monastir, Tunisie
Arch Oral Biol 56:127-35. 2011..This study aims to investigate the antibiotic susceptibility of strains isolated from the oral cavity of Tunisian children...
- Developing tTA transgenic rats for inducible and reversible gene expressionHongxia Zhou
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Int J Biol Sci 5:171-81. 2009..conditional expression of desired genes in rats, we generated several lines of the transgenic rats carrying the tetracycline-controlled transactivator (tTA) gene...
- Changes in immune parameters and their correction in human cases of tick-borne encephalitisA V Atrasheuskaya
State Research Centre of Virology and Biotechnology Vector, Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region, Russia
Clin Exp Immunol 131:148-54. 2003..In this study, we investigated the potential clinical benefits of administering tetracycline hydrochloride to patients hospitalized due to suspected TBEV infection presenting with fever and evidence of a ..
- A practical, enantioselective synthetic route to a key precursor to the tetracycline antibioticsJason D Brubaker
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Org Lett 9:3523-5. 2007A practical, enantioselective synthetic route to a key precursor to the tetracycline antibiotics is reported. The route proceeds in nine steps (21% yield) from the commercial substance methyl 3-hydroxy-5-isoxazolecarboxylate...
- Development, validation, and application of PCR primers for detection of tetracycline efflux genes of gram-negative bacteriaR I Aminov
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign USDA Agricultural Research Service, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1786-93. 2002Phylogenetic analysis of tetracycline resistance genes, which confer resistance due to the efflux of tetracycline from the cell catalyzed by drug:H(+) antiport and share a common structure with 12 transmembrane segments (12-TMS), ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF MAMMALIAN BRAIN DEVELOPMENTEseng Lai; Fiscal Year: 2001..differentiation, the PI has shown, using a mink lung cell line where BF-1 expression is under control of tetracycline withdrawal, that the presence of BF-1 promotes entry into S phase in the presence of TGF-b...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF MAMMALIAN BRAIN DEVELOPMENTEseng Lai; Fiscal Year: 1999..differentiation, the PI has shown, using a mink lung cell line where BF-1 expression is under control of tetracycline withdrawal, that the presence of BF-1 promotes entry into S phase in the presence of TGF-b...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF MAMMALIAN BRAIN DEVELOPMENTEseng Lai; Fiscal Year: 2000..differentiation, the PI has shown, using a mink lung cell line where BF-1 expression is under control of tetracycline withdrawal, that the presence of BF-1 promotes entry into S phase in the presence of TGF-b...
- Peptide Derivatives to treat Urinary Tract InfectionsLaszlo Otvos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pyrrhocoricin and its designed analogs kill (-lactam-, tetracycline- and aminoglycoside-resistant Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella typhimurium, and Haemophilus ..
- NUCLEIC ACID PROBES OF RIBOSOMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Many antibiotics in current clinical use, such as tetracycline, erythromycin and other macrolides, neomycin and other aminoglycosides, and chloramphenicol target ribosomes as ..
- NUCLEIC ACID PROBES OF RIBOSOMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..Many antibiotics in current clinical use, such as tetracycline, erythromycin and other macrolides, neomycin and other aminoglycosides, and chloramphenicol target ribosomes as ..
- NUCLEIC ACID PROBES OF RIBOSOMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Many antibiotics in current clinical use, such as tetracycline, erythromycin and other macrolides, neomycin and other aminoglycosides, and chloramphenicol target ribosomes as ..
- NUCLEIC ACID PROBES OF RIBOSOMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2006..of electric current can enhance the killing of biofilm bacteria by non-aminoglycoside, non-quinolone, non-tetracycline antimicrobics and whether the bioelectric effect is generalizable to Staphylococcus aureus...
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..of electric current can enhance the killing of biofilm bacteria by non-aminoglycoside, non-quinolone, non-tetracycline antimicrobics and whether the bioelectric effect is generalizable to Staphylococcus aureus...
- SIRT1 Overexpression in Cellular Mitochondrial Metabolism and FunctionJames Russell; Fiscal Year: 2009..that expresses mouse SIRT1 and mitochondrial targeted enhanced yellow fluorescent protein under the control of tetracycline responsive element (TRE-SIRT1/mito-eYFP)...
- PENICILLIN RESISTANT NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAE (CMRNG)Robert Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 1999..Gonococcal resistance to tetracycline has also dramatically risen...
- PENICILLIN RESISTANT NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAE (CMRNG)Robert Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2000..Gonococcal resistance to tetracycline has also dramatically risen...
- ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF PERIODONTAL BACTERIAClay Walker; Fiscal Year: 1990..whose disease condition does not respond to conventional therapy combined with the adjunctive use of tetracycline antibiotics...
- ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF PERIODONTAL BACTERIAClay Walker; Fiscal Year: 1993..whose disease condition does not respond to conventional therapy combined with the adjunctive use of tetracycline antibiotics...
- Glutathione and Lung FibrosisRui Ming Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increasing GSH in lung ELF in tetracycline inducible lung specific glutamate cysteine ligase (GCL) transgenic mice also inhibits TGF-(-induced PAI-1 ..
- Glutathione and Lung FibrosisRui Ming Liu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Increasing GSH in lung ELF in tetracycline inducible lung specific glutamate cysteine ligase (GCL) transgenic mice also inhibits TGF-(-induced PAI-1 ..
- Azithromycin Combination Therapy in Resistant MalariaCharles Knirsch; Fiscal Year: 2000..problem because the drugs commonly added to the above standard agents to augment efficacy-such as doxycycline/tetracycline or mefloquine-are contraindicated for these populations...
- CONJUGAL TRANSFER OF BACTEROIDES ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCESAbigail Salyers; Fiscal Year: 1999..Virtually all clinical isolates are now resistant to tetracycline whereas tetracycline resistance was once uncommon...
- Bone Targeting Peptides for the Prevention and Treatment of InfectionHANNE GRON; Fiscal Year: 2009..The use of general bone-binding moieties such as bisphosphonates, poly-aspartic acid and tetracycline provides preliminary evidence that localized drug delivery to bone is possible in numerous in vitro studies and ..
- FACTORS INFLUENCING GASTROINTESTINAL DRUG ABSORPTIONPETER WELLING; Fiscal Year: 1980..Studies previously carried-out in this laboratory have shown that the absorption of tetracycline, aspirin, ampicillin, amoxicillin, and erythromycin products may be severely inhibited by food while the ..
- Recombination and Genetics in Chlamydia spp.Daniel D Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2010..This includes measurable and frequent in vitro transfer of a tetracycline resistance marker to C. trachomatis from the pig pathogen C. suis...
- Recombination and Genetics in Chlamydia spp.DANIEL ROCKEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..This includes measurable and frequent in vitro transfer of a tetracycline resistance marker to C. trachomatis from the pig pathogen C. suis...
- Molecular mechanism of immune evasion by Yersinia pestisTomas Mustelin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Although several vaccines exist, and Yersinia usually is sensitive to streptomycin and tetracycline type antibiotics, the pneumonic form of the disease is difficult to treat and still often results in death...
- PHASE VARIATION IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF GBS INFECTIONDavid Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 1992..A new electroporation technique, along with a recently constructed plasmid suitable for use with tetracycline-resistant GBS strains, will be employed to yield mutants containing single transposon inserts...
- Molecular mechanism of immune evasion by Yersinia pestisTomas Mustelin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although several vaccines exist, and Yersinia usually is sensitive to streptomycin and tetracycline type antibiotics, the pneumonic form of the disease is difficult to treat and still often results in death...
- AIDS MYCOPLASMAS--INHIBITION OF METABOLIC LOCIJ Pollack; Fiscal Year: 1992..Such inhibitors are an alternative to tetracycline therapy, to which some AIDS-associated mycoplasmas show resistance...
- Alteration of circadian rhythm and sleep by HIV protein TatJian Ding; Fiscal Year: 2009..To assess the long term effect of Tat to the sleep and circadian timing system, we used the tetracycline-dependent and brain (GFAP) specific Tat transgenic mice...
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF ORAL BACTEROIDES SPECIESAnn Progulske Fox; Fiscal Year: 1991..homologous recombination between the wild-type and inactivated HA genes has occurred should be resistant to tetracycline. All tetracycline resistant colonies will be tested for the presence of defective HA gene by immunological and ..
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009..Penicillin and tetracycline are no longer used to treat gonococcal infections due to the emergence of resistant strains of N. gonorrhoeae...
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF ORAL BACTEROIDES SPECIESAnn Progulske Fox; Fiscal Year: 1993..homologous recombination between the wild-type and inactivated HA genes has occurred should be resistant to tetracycline. All tetracycline resistant colonies will be tested for the presence of defective HA gene by immunological and ..
- Molecular analysis of oriT-independent transfer in the gonococcal R-plasmidsLUIS TORRES BAUZA; Fiscal Year: 2009..of strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae that express clinically significant levels of resistance to penicillin and tetracycline is a global problem. Three beta-lactamase-encoding (R) plasmids of 7.4 kb, 5.6 kb and 5...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2007..Penicillin and tetracycline are no longer used to treat gonococcal infections due to the emergence of resistant strains of N. gonorrhoeae...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2010..Penicillin and tetracycline are no longer used to treat gonococcal infections due to the emergence of resistant strains of N. gonorrhoeae...
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF ORAL BACTEROIDES SPECIESAnn Progulske Fox; Fiscal Year: 1992..homologous recombination between the wild-type and inactivated HA genes has occurred should be resistant to tetracycline. All tetracycline resistant colonies will be tested for the presence of defective HA gene by immunological and ..
- Molecular analysis of oriT-independent transfer in the gonococcal R-plasmidsLUIS TORRES BAUZA; Fiscal Year: 2010..of strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae that express clinically significant levels of resistance to penicillin and tetracycline is a global problem. Three beta-lactamase-encoding (R) plasmids of 7.4 kb, 5.6 kb and 5...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Structural basis of tetracycline resistance by efflux pump TetLDa Neng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..tetracyclines is mediated by membrane transporter proteins that catalyze efflux of tetracyclines in the form of tetracycline-magnesium complex. The structural basis for substrate recognition by such efflux proteins is poorly understood...
- CHEMOTHERAPEUTIC MANAGEMENT OF PERIODONTITISWalter Loesche; Fiscal Year: 1990..The drugs to be evaluated will be metronidazole and tetracycline, each taken systemically for a two-week period after the scaling and root planing is completed...
- Development and Plasticity of a Retinotectal SystemMu ming Poo; Fiscal Year: 2009..or mutated forms of Ephrin-B1 or EphB2 in a few RGCs or tectal cells by electroporation, and (3) global tetracycline-induced transgenic expression of these proteins in either all presynaptic RGCs or all postsynaptic tectal cells...
- Development and Plasticity of a Retinotectal SystemMu ming Poo; Fiscal Year: 2010..or mutated forms of Ephrin-B1 or EphB2 in a few RGCs or tectal cells by electroporation, and (3) global tetracycline-induced transgenic expression of these proteins in either all presynaptic RGCs or all postsynaptic tectal cells...
- TETRACYCLINE RESISTANCE IN UROGENITAL BACTERIAMarilyn Roberts; Fiscal Year: 1990b>Tetracycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that has been used extensively for treatment of urogenital tract diseases...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2002..Plasmid RK2 specifies resistance to the antibiotics ampicillin, tetracycline and kanamycin, and will replicate and is stably maintained in a wide range of Gram-negative bacteria...
- DETERMINANTS OF VIRULENCE IN BACTEROIDES FRAGILISFRANCIS TALLY; Fiscal Year: 1980..Transfer appears to be by conjugation and it has been shown to occur in vivo in gnotobiotic mice. All tetracycline resistant (tetr) isolates of B...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Plasmid RK2 specifies resistance to the antibiotics ampicillin, tetracycline and kanamycin, and will replicate and is stably maintained in a wide range of Gram-negative bacteria...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2004..Plasmid RK2 specifies resistance to the antibiotics ampicillin, tetracycline and kanamycin, and will replicate and is stably maintained in a wide range of Gram-negative bacteria...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2001
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2003
- MRI AND MRS OF HORMONAL INDUCED CHANGES IN BREAST CANCERHadassa Degani; Fiscal Year: 2007..a stably transfected human c-myc gene, whose expression is stringently controlled by the bacterial reverse tetracycline transcription activator protein...
- MRI AND MRS OF HORMONAL INDUCED CHANGES IN BREAST CANCERHadassa Degani; Fiscal Year: 2006..a stably transfected human c-myc gene, whose expression is stringently controlled by the bacterial reverse tetracycline transcription activator protein...
- DIET AND ITS EFFECT ON ENZYMES LINKED TO COLON CANCERSherwood Gorbach; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Tetracycline and erythromycin, commonly used antibiotics, also lowered fecal bacterial enzyme activity in rats...
- DEVELOPMENT OF TN916 INTO A MYCOPLASMA GENETIC TOOLKevin Dybvig; Fiscal Year: 1990..Transformed cells can be selected by their expression of the tetracycline resistance determinant, tetM, located on Tn916, Tetracycline-resistant transformants contain Tn916 inserted ..
- MRI AND MRS OF HORMONAL INDUCED CHANGES IN BREAST CANCERHadassa Degani; Fiscal Year: 2004..a stably transfected human c-myc gene, whose expression is stringently controlled by the bacterial reverse tetracycline transcription activator protein...
- MRI AND MRS OF HORMONAL INDUCED CHANGES IN BREAST CANCERHadassa Degani; Fiscal Year: 2005
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further studies are proposed using an AAV vector expression system, tetracycline regulatable gene expression technology and subcellular fractionation techniques to test the main hypothesis ..
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further studies are proposed using an AAV vector expression system, tetracycline regulatable gene expression technology and subcellular fractionation techniques to test the main hypothesis ..
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further studies are proposed using an AAV vector expression system, tetracycline regulatable gene expression technology and subcellular fractionation techniques to test the main hypothesis ..
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 2005