Genomes and Genes
Summary: A TETRACYCLINE analog isolated from the actinomycete STREPTOMYCES rimosus and used in a wide variety of clinical conditions.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Changes in the prevalence of resistant Escherichia coil in cattle receiving subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline compared with cattle receiving only in-feed chlortetracyclineA M O'Connor
Can J Vet Res 66:145-50. 2002..to antibiotics in commensal Escherichia coli from cattle receiving either subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline or only in-feed chlortetracycline...
- Determination and fate of oxytetracycline and related compounds in oxytetracycline production wastewater and the receiving riverDong Li
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:80-6. 2008This study investigated the occurrence and fate of oxytetracycline (OTC) and its related substances, 4-epi-oxytetracycline (EOTC), alpha-apo-oxytetracycline (alpha-apo-OTC), and beta-apo-oxytetracycline (beta-apo-OTC), in a wastewater ..
- Indirect evidence of transposon-mediated selection of antibiotic resistance genes in aquatic systems at low-level oxytetracycline exposuresCharles W Knapp
Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:5348-53. 2008..To examine this issue, 15 mesocosms containing pristine surface water were treated with oxytetracycline (OTC) for 56 days at five levels (0, 5, 20, 50, and 250 microg L(-1)), and six tetracycline-resistance genes (..
- Antibiotic resistance characteristics of environmental bacteria from an oxytetracycline production wastewater treatment plant and the receiving riverDong Li
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:3444-51. 2010We characterized the bacterial populations in surface water receiving effluent from an oxytetracycline (OTC) production plant...
- Randomized clinical trial of long-acting oxytetracycline, foot trimming, and flunixine meglumine on time to recovery in sheep with footrotJ Kaler
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Vet Intern Med 24:420-5. 2010..Internationally, foot trimming is used by most farmers, and parenteral antibacterials by some, to treat sheep with footrot. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) are sometimes used. No clinical trials have compared these treatments...
- Antibiotics and Wolbachia in filarial nematodes: antifilarial activity of rifampicin, oxytetracycline and chloramphenicol against Onchocerca gutturosa, Onchocerca lienalis and Brugia pahangiS Townson
Tropical Parasitic Diseases Unit, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Harrow, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:801-16. 2000The activity against filarial parasites of the antibiotics rifampicin, oxytetracycline and chloramphenicol was examined...
- Fate of oxytetracycline in streams receiving aquaculture discharges: model simulationsPeter E Rose
River Studies Center, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:40-50. 2005The potential aquatic fate of oxytetracycline (OTC) in streams receiving discharge from fish hatcheries was examined using the Water-Quality Analysis Simulation Program (WASP, Ver 6.1) model. The modeled 4...
- Field assessment of oxytetracycline exposure to the freshwater macrophytes Egeria densa Planch. and Ceratophyllum demersum LM L Hanson
Department of Environment and Geography, University of Manitoba, 118 Isbister Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada
Environ Pollut 141:434-42. 2006..densa and Ceratophyllum demersum were exposed to nominal concentrations of 0, 5, 20, 50, and 250 microg/L oxytetracycline (n=3), plus 20 microg/L oxytetracycline amended with additional nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P)...
- Disappearance of oxytetracycline resistance genes in aquatic systemsChristina A Engemann
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 263:176-82. 2006..Treatments included simulated sunlight with 0, 25, and 250 microg L(-1) nominal oxytetracycline (OTC) levels, respectively, and 'dark' conditions...
- New Mg2+-dependent oxytetracycline resistance determinant tet 34 in Vibrio isolates from marine fish intestinal contentsLisa Nonaka
Center for Marine Environmental Studies (CMES, Ehime University, Matsuyama 790-8577, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1550-2. 2002A new oxytetracycline (OTC) resistance (Otc(r)) determinant, Tet 34, was cloned from chromosomal DNA of Vibrio sp. no. 6 isolated from intestinal contents of cultured yellowtail (Seriola quinqueradiata)...
- P-glycoprotein-mediated transport of oxytetracycline in the Caco-2 cell modelJ Schrickx
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:25-31. 2007..b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) has been used for decennia in veterinary medicine for its extensive spectrum of antimicrobial activity...
- Solution structure and dynamics of oxytetracycline polyketide synthase acyl carrier protein from Streptomyces rimosusStuart C Findlow
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton, SO16 7PX, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 42:8423-33. 2003..and dynamics of the ACP involved in the biosynthesis of the commonly prescribed polyketide antibiotic, oxytetracycline (otc)...
- Occurrence of tetracycline resistance genes in aquaculture facilities with varying use of oxytetracyclineErin E Seyfried
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 3204 Engineering Hall, 1415 Engineering Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Microb Ecol 59:799-807. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine if oxytetracycline (OTC) use in aquaculture facilities increased the detection frequency (i.e...
- Effects of two simulated oxytetracycline dosing regimens on horizontal transfer of antimicrobial resistance plasmids in an in vitro pharmacodynamic modelBrian V Lubbers
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Vet Res 72:877-83. 2011To evaluate the impact of oxytetracycline exposure on horizontal transfer of an antimicrobial resistance plasmid.
- Noncovalent interaction of oxytetracycline with the enzyme trypsinZhenxing Chi
Shandong Key Laboratory of Water Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shandong University, China America CRC for Environment and Health, Shandong Province, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan 250100, P R China
Biomacromolecules 11:2454-9. 2010b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is a kind of widely used veterinary drugs. The residue of OTC in the environment (e.g., animal food, soils, surface, and groundwater) is potentially harmful...
- Lack of lysosomal fusion with phagosomes containing Ehrlichia risticii in P388D1 cells: abrogation of inhibition with oxytetracyclineM Y Wells
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1092
Infect Immun 56:3209-15. 1988..or cationized ferritin to document phagosome-lysosome (P-L) fusion in untreated cells and cells treated with oxytetracycline. Regardless of the marker used, P-L fusion was generally not observed in E...
- Interactions of oxytetracycline with a smectite clay: a spectroscopic study with molecular simulationsLudmilla Aristilde
Environmental Geochemistry Group, LGIT, University of Grenoble 1, CNRS, F 38041 Grenoble, France
Environ Sci Technol 44:7839-45. 2010..mechanisms of tetracycline antibiotics on smectite clays as a function of pH, we probed the interactions of oxytetracycline (OTC) with Na-montmorillonite (MONT) using X-ray diffraction (XRD), infrared (IR), and solid-state nuclear ..
- Distribution of oxytetracycline resistance plasmids between aeromonads in hospital and aquaculture environments: implication of Tn1721 in dissemination of the tetracycline resistance determinant tet AG Rhodes
Freshwater Biological Association, Far Sawrey, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 OLP, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:3883-90. 2000b>Oxytetracycline-resistant (OT(r)) mesophilic aeromonads were recovered from untreated hospital effluent (72 isolates) and from fish farm hatchery tanks (91 isolates) at sites within the English Lake District, Cumbria, England...
- Determination of the distribution coefficient (log Kd) of oxytetracycline, tylosin A, olaquindox and metronidazole in manureMarie Louise Loke
Department of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen
Chemosphere 48:351-61. 2002..This corresponds with the negative log Kow values of these antibiotics. Tylosin (log Kow = 1.63) and oxytetracycline (log Kow = -1.12) sorp relatively strongly to the manure particles and have log Kd values between 1.5 and 2.0...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of some pleural sclerosing agents used for control of effusions in malignant pleural mesothelioma: a review of 117 casesA Senyigit
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Dicle, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Respiration 67:623-9. 2000..We aimed to investigate the efficacy of oxytetracycline (OT), Corynebacterium parvum (CP), and nitrogen mustard (NM) in the management of pleural effusion associated ..
- Rapid pleurodesis in symptomatic malignant pleural effusionErkan Yildirim
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:19-22. 2005..The objective of the study was to see whether a rapid method of pleurodesis was superior to the standard protocol in patients with symptomatic malignant pleural effusion...
- Microbiological and chemical detection of incurred penicillin G, oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin residues in bovine and porcine tissuesA L Myllyniemi
Department of Food Microbiology, National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, P O Box 368 Hämeentie 57, 00231 Helsinki, Finland anna liisa
Food Addit Contam 17:991-1000. 2000Incurred penicillin G, oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin residues in bovine and porcine muscle and kidney samples were analysed by microbiological and chemical methods, the former using Bacillus subtilis BGA as a test ..
- The bryophyte Fontinalis antipyretica Hedw. bioaccumulates oxytetracycline, flumequine and oxolinic acid in the freshwater environmentRaphael Delepee
Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, UMR INRA ENVN Chimiothérapie Aquacole et Environnement, B P 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Sci Total Environ 322:243-53. 2004..Oxolinic acid (OA), flumequine (FLU) and oxytetracycline (OTC) are commonly used antibacterial agents...
- Investigating the molecular interactions of oxytetracycline in clay and organic matter: insights on factors affecting its mobility in soilPankaj Kulshrestha
Departments of Chemistry and Geology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:4097-105. 2004The interactions of oxytetracycline with model clay adsorbents were investigated as a function of suspension pH...
- Alteration of pharmacokinetics of oxytetracycline following oral administration of Piper longum in hensM Singh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Himachal Pradesh, India
J Vet Sci 6:197-200. 2005The pharmacokinetic profile of orally administered oxytetracycline (10 mg/kg body weight) was studied 7 days post oral treatment of Piper longum (15 mg equivalent/kg) in White Leghorn hens (2-2.8 kg)...
- Effects of dietary soyabean meal, inulin and oxytetracycline on intestinal microbiota and epithelial cell stress, apoptosis and proliferation in the teleost Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Anne Marie Bakke-McKellep
Aquaculture Protein Centre, CoE, Norway
Br J Nutr 97:699-713. 2007..fishmeal (FM) as the sole protein source, responses to extracted SBM or the prebiotic inulin, with or without oxytetracycline (OTC) inclusion, were studied following a 3-week feeding trial...
- Effects of prostaglandin E1, melatonin, and oxytetracycline on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant defense system, paraoxonase (PON1) activities, and homocysteine levels in an animal model of spinal cord injuryCahide Topsakal
Department of Neurosurgery, Firat University School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1643-52. 2003Investigation of the effects of prostaglandin E1, melatonin, and oxytetracycline on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant and paraoxonase activities, and homocysteine levels in an experimental model of spinal cord injury.
- Growth performance and immune response of two commercial broiler strains fed diets containing Lactobacillus cultures and oxytetracycline under heat stress conditionsI Zulkifli
Department of Animal Science, Universiti Putra, Malaysia, Selangor
Br Poult Sci 41:593-7. 20001. Hubbard x Hubbard (HH) and Shaver x Shaver (SS) chicks given a dietary supplement of either 50 mg/kg oxytetracycline (OTC) or 1 g/kg Lactobacillus culture (LC) were exposed to 36 +/- 1 degrees C for 3 h daily from day (d) 21 to 42. 2...
- In vitro susceptibilities of field isolates of Mycoplasma agalactiae to oxytetracycline, tylosin, enrofloxacin, spiramycin and lincomycin-spectinomycinG R Loria
Institute Zooprofilattico, Sperimentale della Sicilia, Via Rocco Dicillo, 4 I-90129, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Res Vet Sci 75:3-7. 2003..521; MIC(90)0.938 microg/ml) and spiramycin (MIC(50)1.583; MIC(90)2.850 microg/ml). MIC values above 1.000 microg/ml were obtained using tetracycline, tylosin and spiramycin for some M. agalactiae isolates...
- Effects of melatonin and oxytetracycline in autologous intraperitoneal ovary transplantation in ratsEkrem Sapmaz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig-Turkey
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 24:350-4. 2003OBJECTIVES: To comparatively investigate the effects melatonin and oxytetracycline as antioxidants on autologous intraperitoneal ovary transplantation in rats...
- Kinetics of Coxiella burnetii excretion in a commercial dairy sheep flock after treatment with oxytetracyclineIanire Astobiza
NEIKER Instituto Vasco de Investigación y Desarrollo Agrario, Department of Animal Health, Berreaga 1, 48160 Derio, Bizkaia, Spain
Vet J 184:172-5. 2010..In the following breeding cycle, 75% of the animals in the flock were double treated with oxytetracycline (OTC) at days +100 and +120 of gestation, while the remaining 25% of the animals were kept as untreated ..
- Specific detection of oxytetracycline using DNA aptamer-immobilized interdigitated array electrode chipYeon Seok Kim
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Anal Chim Acta 634:250-4. 2009An electrochemical sensing system for oxytetracycline (OTC) detection was developed using ssDNA aptamer immobilized on gold interdigitated array (IDA) electrode chip...
- Use of oxytetracycline and tylosin in intensive calf farming: evaluation of transfer to manure and soilMarco De Liguoro
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Patologia Comparata ed Igiene Veterinaria, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Agripolis, I 35020 PD, Legnaro, Italy
Chemosphere 52:203-12. 2003..Because of their biological effects, antibiotics are regarded as potential micropollutants. The levels of oxytetracycline and tylosin over time were followed in faeces, bedding and manure, and then in the soil of a manured field ..
- ssDNA aptamers that selectively bind oxytetracyclineJaved H Niazi
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 16:1254-61. 2008Single stranded DNA aptamers that bind with high affinity and specificity to the oxytetracycline (OTC) were identified by selection from an oligonucleotide library of 10(15) molecules...
- Lack of resistance after re-exposure of cattle cured of Onchocerca ochengi infection with oxytetracyclineCharles K Nfon
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:67-72. 2007..Using Onchocerca ochengi in cattle, an analog of human onchocerciasis, we have previously shown that oxytetracycline is macrofilaricidal, and protective immunity exists naturally in a subset of animals termed putatively immune...
- Eosinophils contribute to killing of adult Onchocerca ochengi within onchocercomata following elimination of WolbachiaCharles K Nfon
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Microbes Infect 8:2698-705. 2006..ochengi, we previously demonstrated that combined intensive and intermittent (COM) oxytetracycline treatment induces a sustained depletion of Wolbachia and is macrofilaricidal, whereas a short intensive ..
- Influence of ileo-caecal cannulation and oxytetracycline on ileo-caecal and rectal coliform populations in pigsA Högberg
Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 42:435-40. 2001The effect of surgery (insertion of an ileo-caecal cannula) and a subsequent parenteral treatment with oxytetracycline on the ileo-caecal and rectal coliform populations in 7 Swedish Yorkshire castrates were studied...
- Cerebral theileriosis in a Holstein calfM Dabak
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Vet Rec 154:533-4. 2004
- Characterization of antimicrobial resistant Salmonella Kinshasa from dairy calves in TexasK M Bischoff
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, TX, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 38:140-5. 2004..To determine the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance among Salmonella isolated from a central Texas dairy calf farm that raises animals for dairy-beef production...
- Effect of mass medication with antibiotics at feedlot entry on the health and growth rate of cattle destined for the Australian domestic marketP M V Cusack
Australian Livestock Production Services, 102 Darling Street, Cowra, New South Wales 2794
Aust Vet J 82:154-6. 2004..DESIGN: Systematic allocation at feedlot entry of tilmicosin, long acting oxytetracycline or no antibiotic treatment, to cattle lot fed for the Australian domestic market...
- Effect of infusion of 60 mg/kg oxytetracycline on forelimb flexor tendon contracture in calvesM Metzner
Clinic for Ruminants, University of Munich, Sonnenstrasse 16, 85764 Oberschleissheim, Germany
Vet Rec 160:166-7. 2007
- Assessing the in vitro effectiveness of antimicrobials against Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small-colony type to reduce contagious bovine pleuropneumonia infectionR D Ayling
Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Woodham Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 3NB, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:5162-5. 2005..Of the antimicrobials used most widely in Africa, oxytetracycline and tilmicosin were effective, while the isolates were resistant to tylosin...
- Verotoxins in commensal Escherichia coli in cattle: the effect of injectable subcutaneous oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline on prevalenceK A Ziebell
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Epidemiol Infect 132:77-85. 2004Using a self-paired observational study, the association between therapeutic oxytetracycline use and the prevalence of virulence genes in commensal Escherichia coli (E. coli) from cattle was examined...
- Role of calf-adapted Escherichia coli in maintenance of antimicrobial drug resistance in dairy calvesArtashes R Khachatryan
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:752-7. 2004..coli from Holstein cattle at a local dairy and conducted an experiment to determine if low doses of oxytetracycline affected the prevalence of antimicrobial drug-resistant E. coli...
- Effect of steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in combination with long-acting oxytetracycline on non-specific immunity of calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumoniaDariusz Bednarek
Department of Cattle and Sheep Diseases, National Veterinary Research Institute, Partyzantow 57, 24 100, Pulawy, Poland
Vet Microbiol 96:53-67. 2003The aim of this paper was to compare the effect of flumethasone and meloxicam in combination with oxytetracycline on clinical and immunological parameters of calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumonia...
- Determination of tetracycline antibiotics in salmon muscle by liquid chromatography using post-column derivatization with fluorescence detectionAngelina L Pena
University of Coimbra, Centre of Pharmaceutical Studies, Faculty of Pharmacy, Group of Bromatology, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
J AOAC Int 86:925-9. 2003A simple and accurate cleanup procedure using polymeric sorbent was developed for the determination of oxytetracycline (OTC) and tetracycline (TC) residues in salmon muscle...
- Identification and treatment of dermatophilosis in a Cumbrian cattle herdA Loeffler
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA
Vet Rec 154:635-6. 2004
- Pregnancy rate following post-insemination intrauterine treatment of endometritis in dairy cattleN Shams-Esfandabadi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Shahre Kord University, PO Box 115, Shahre Kord, Iran
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 51:155-6. 2004..the infected animals randomly received no treatment (group I, control, n = 93), intrauterine infusion of 1 g oxytetracycline (group II, n = 63) and intrauterine infusion of 5 million IU procain penicillin G sodium (group III, n = 159)...
- Comparison of the efficacy of enrofloxacin, imidocarb, and oxytetracycline for clearance of persistent Anaplasma marginale infections in cattleJohann F Coetzee
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 5001, USA
Vet Ther 7:347-60. 2006This study compared enrofloxacin and imidocarb dipropionate treatments with an oxytetracycline regimen proposed by the World Organization for Animal Health for elimination of persistent Anaplasma marginale infections in cattle...
- Antibiotic resistance and hypermutability of Escherichia coli O157 from feedlot cattle treated with growth-promoting agentsBrigitte Lefebvre
, , , , Sherbrooke, , Canada J1K 2R1
J Food Prot 68:2411-9. 2005..the effect of growth-promoting agents (monensin and trenbolone acetate-estradiol) and an antibiotic (oxytetracycline) on the incidence in feedlot steers of Escherichia coli O157, including antibiotic-resistant and hypermutable ..
- Flow cytometric evaluation of selected antimicrobial efficacy for clearance of Anaplasma marginale in short-term erythrocyte culturesJ F Coetzee
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 29:173-83. 2006..Herein, we used flow cytometry to test the efficacy of three antimicrobials; oxytetracycline, imidocarb and enrofloxacin against Virginia (VGN) or Oklahoma (OK) A...
- Long-term effects of meloxicam in the treatment of respiratory disease in fattening cattleG M Friton
Corporate Marketing, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, D-55216 Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
Vet Rec 156:809-11. 2005..Two hundred animals with clinical signs of brd received a single subcutaneous injection of 20 mg/kg oxytetracycline; 100 of them also received a subcutaneous injection of 0...
- A clinical trial to assess the use of sodium hypochlorite and oxytetracycline on the healing of digital dermatitis lesions in cattleLuiz A F Silva
Department of Veterinary Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Universidade Federal de Goias, P O Box 131 ZIP CODE 74 001 970, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Can Vet J 46:345-8. 2005..of this study was to evaluate the topical action of sodium hypochlorite associated with the systemic use of oxytetracycline for the treatment of wounds clinically diagnosed as bovine digital dermatitis...
- Comparison of spontaneous antibiotic resistance frequency of Salmonella Typhimurium growth in glucose amended continuous culture at slow and fast dilution ratesW K Kim
Department of Poultry Science, Texas A and M University College Station, Texas 77843-2472, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 40:475-84. 2005..state, samples were plated to tryptic soy agar (TSA) alone or supplemented (per ml) with 2 and 16 microg oxytetracycline, 4 and 16 microg tetracycline, 2 and 64 microg kanamycin, and 0.25 and 2 microg enrofloxacin...
- Microbial inhibition by pharmaceutical antibiotics in different soils--dose-response relations determined with the iron(III) reduction testSören Thiele-Bruhn
Institute for Land Use, Soil Science Section, University of Rostock, Justus von Liebig Weg 6, D 18051 Rostock, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:869-76. 2005..increased in the order (average ED50 in parentheses) chlortetracycline (53) < sulfadimethoxine (58) < oxytetracycline (170) < sulfadiazine (190) < sulfadimidine (270) = tetracycline (270) < sulfapyridine (430), though ..
- Growth performance and shedding of some pathogenic bacteria in feedlot cattle treated with different growth-promoting agentsBrigitte Lefebvre
, , , , Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1K 2R
J Food Prot 69:1256-64. 2006..evaluate the effect of a growth-promoting implant (trenbolone acetate plus estradiol benzoate), monensin, and oxytetracycline on the steer performance and shedding of some foodborne pathogens...
- Analysis of tetracyclines in honey by high-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometrySeu Ping Khong
Nestle Research Center, Nestec Ltd, Vers chez les Blanc, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:493-502. 2005..chromatography to tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is described for the determination of tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline and chlortetracycline in honey...
- Molecular spectroscopic study on the interaction of tetracyclines with serum albuminsShuyun Bi
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Jiefang Road 119, Changchun 130023, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:629-36. 2005..The main sorts of acting force between the drugs and serum albumins were found and the action distances and the energy transfer efficiencies between donor-acceptor were calculated based on the Foster energy transference...
- Clinical signs, computed tomographic imaging, and management of chronic otitis media/interna in dairy calvesJérôme Van Biervliet
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:907-10. 2004
- [Microbiological method for the detection of antibiotic residues in meat using mixed-mode, reverse-phase and cation-exchange cartridge]Tomoko Kusano
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health: 3-24-1, Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-0073, Japan
Shokuhin Eiseigaku Zasshi 45:191-6. 2004A microbiological method for screening of residual benzylpenicillin (PCG), oxytetracycline (OTC) and spiramycin (SPM) in meat using a single mixed mode, reversed-phase and cation-exchange cartridge was developed...
- Assessment and promotion of judicious antibiotic use on dairy farms in Washington StateM J Raymond
Communicable Disease Control Program, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, Tacoma, WA 98418, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:3228-40. 2006..The most commonly cited drugs used for disease treatment were penicillin, ceftiofur, and oxytetracycline. Participants also indicated significant preventive uses with 28% using medicated milk replacer...
- Escherichia coli O157:H7 in a cohort of weaned, preconditioned range beef calvesJohn R Dunn
Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Skip Bertman Drive, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
J Food Prot 67:2391-6. 2004..29 cow-calf farms were commingled at three preconditioning sites and placed on a transition ration containing oxytetracycline (200 g/ton) for 45 days. Initial animal-level fecal point prevalence was 2...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Campylobacter isolated from food-producing animals on farms (1999-2001): results from the Japanese Veterinary Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring ProgramKanako Ishihara
National Veterinary Assay Laboratory, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries 1 15 1 Tokura, Kokubunji, Tokyo 185 8511, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 24:261-7. 2004..Campylobacter species showed high frequencies of resistance to oxytetracycline and dihydrostreptomycin...
- Clinical efficacy of meloxicam (Metacam) and flunixin (Finadyne) as adjuncts to antibacterial treatment of respiratory disease in fattening cattleGabriele M Friton
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health GmbH, Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 117:304-9. 2004..On Day 0 all animals were treated with 20 mg oxytetracycline/kg body-weight (Bivatop 200) by subcutaneous injection, in conjunction with either meloxicam (0...
- Occurrence of tetracycline resistance genes tet(M) and tet(S) in bacteria from marine aquaculture sitesSeok-Ryel Kim
Center for Marine Environmental Studies (CMES, Ehime University, Matsuyama 790-8577, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 237:147-56. 2004..resistance with a minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) equal to or greater than 250 microg/ml of oxytetracycline and only four isolates had MICs less than 31.3 microg/ml...
- The persistence of component Theileria parva stocks in cattle immunized with the 'Muguga cocktail' live vaccine against East Coast fever in UgandaC A L Oura
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Parasitology 129:27-42. 2004..parva genotypes showing there was a significant level of tick challenge. Some of the vaccinated animals become infected with a subset of local genotypes providing evidence for limited vaccine 'breakthrough'...
- Putative quantitative trait loci associated with the probability of contracting infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitisE Casas
US Meat Animal Research Center, USDA, ARS, Clay Center, NE 68933 0166, USA
J Anim Sci 84:3180-4. 2006..Although a candidate gene was identified for one of the regions of interest, further studies are needed to identify the genetic basis of resistance to the disease...
- Assay and purity control of tetracycline, chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline in animal feeds and premixes by TLC densitometry with fluorescence detectionWeng Naidong
Laboratorium voor Farmaceutische Chemie en Analyse van Geneesmiddelen, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Van Evenstraat 4, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:85-93. 2003..detection are described for the assay and purity control of tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC), and oxytetracycline (OTC) in animal feeds and premixes...
- Quantitative analysis of oxytetracycline and its 4-epimer in calf tissues by high-performance liquid chromatography combined with positive electrospray ionization mass spectrometryMarc Cherlet
Ghent University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Salisburylaan 133, B-9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Analyst 128:871-8. 2003..b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is one of the most important members of this antibiotic family...
- A comparison of prophylactic efficacy of tilmicosin and a new formulation of oxytetracycline in feedlot calvesOliver C Schunich
Feedlot Health Management Services, Bay 7-87 Elizabeth Street, Postal Bag Service #5, Okotoks, Alberta T0L 1T0
Can Vet J 43:355-62. 2002..performed under commercial feedlot conditions in western Canada to compare the administration of long-acting oxytetracycline at 30 mg/kg body weight (BW) versus tilmicosin at 10 mg/kg BW to feedlot calves upon arrival at the feedlot...
- The tetAB genes of the Corynebacterium striatum R-plasmid pTP10 encode an ABC transporter and confer tetracycline, oxytetracycline and oxacillin resistance in Corynebacterium glutamicumA Tauch
Department of Genetics, University of Bielefeld, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 173:203-9. 1999..An antibiotic susceptibility screening in C. glutamicum showed that the tetAB genes confer resistance to tetracycline, oxytetracycline and to the structurally and functionally unrelated beta-lactam antibiotic oxacillin.
- 15-Ketodihydro-PGF(2 alpha), progesterone and uterine involution in primiparous cows with induced retained placenta and post-partal endometritis treated with oxytetracycline and flunixinK Konigsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Uppsala, Sweden
Reprod Domest Anim 37:43-51. 2002..treated with the prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor flunixin (F), either alone or in combination with oxytetracycline (T). The study was accomplished over 2 years with 12 primiparous cows in each experiment...
- A field study of the effects of a monovalent Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar Hardjo strain hardjobovis vaccine administered with oxytetracycline on reproductive performance in beef cattleRamanathan Kasimanickam
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 231:1709-14. 2007To determine whether vaccination with a monovalent Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar Hardjo strain hardjobovis vaccine coupled with parenteral long-acting oxytetracycline treatment would improve the reproductive performance of beef cows.
- Topical treatment of digital dermatitis associated with severe heel-horn erosion in a Swedish dairy herdThomas Manske
Department of Animal Environment and Health, Section of Field Research, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 234, SE 532 23, Skara, Sweden
Prev Vet Med 53:215-31. 2002..In Experiment I, topical treatments with solutions of either glutaraldehyde or oxytetracycline were compared with foot trimming and cleansing alone...
- Diversity of tetracycline resistance genes in bacteria from aquaculture sources in AustraliaO L Akinbowale
Sansom Institute, School of Pharmaceutical and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Appl Microbiol 103:2016-25. 2007To determine the genetic determinants responsible for tetracycline resistance in oxytetracycline resistant bacteria from aquaculture sources in Australia.
- Persistence of oxytetracycline residues in milk after the intrauterine treatment of lactating cows for endometritisX Tan
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Vet Rec 161:585-6. 2007..collected at one day intervals after the last dose from 31 cows that had received an intrauterine infusion of oxytetracycline once daily between one and five times...
- In vitro susceptibility of avian mycoplasmas to enrofloxacin, sarafloxacin, tylosin, and oxytetracyclineC Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State 39762-9825, USA
Avian Dis 45:456-60. 2001..avian Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) and Mycoplasma synoviae (MS) to enrofloxacin, sarafloxacin, tylosin, and oxytetracycline was determined by a serial broth dilution method...
- Ulcerative and papillomatous digital dermatitis of the pastern region in dairy cattle: clinical and histopathological studiesW el-Ghoul
Department of Surgery, Anaesthesiology and Radiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 108:216-22. 2001..The topical application of oxytetracycline solution or benzathine penicillin powder appeared to be effective for the treatment of the ulcerative lesions...
- Changes in tetracycline susceptibility of enteric bacteria following switching to nonmedicated milk replacer for dairy calvesJohn B Kaneene
Center for Comparative Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1314, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:1968-77. 2008..intervention study was conducted to determine if discontinuing use of calf milk replacer medicated with oxytetracycline results in increased tetracycline susceptibility in Salmonella and Campylobacter spp...
- AUC/MIC: a PK/PD index for antibiotics with a time dimension or simply a dimensionless scoring factor?Pierre Louis Toutain
UMR181 Physiopathologie et Toxicologie Expérimentales INRA, ENVT, 23 Chemin des Capelles, 31076 Toulouse cedex 03, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1185-8. 2007..To accommodate the need for dose prediction during these novel therapeutic situations, we propose a general approach that is based on the targeted time interval over which some desired average concentration should be maintained...
- In vitro development of resistance to enrofloxacin, erythromycin, tylosin, tiamulin and oxytetracycline in Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma iowae and Mycoplasma synoviaeA V Gautier-Bouchardon
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Avicoles et Porcines, Unité de Mycoplasmologie Bactériologie, BP 53, 22440, Ploufragan, France
Vet Microbiol 88:47-58. 2002The in vitro emergence of resistance to enrofloxacin, erythromycin, tylosin, tiamulin, and oxytetracycline in three avian Mycoplasma species, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma iowae was studied...
- Changes in withdrawal periodsE G W Ferguson
Vet Rec 161:36. 2007
- Intraglandular injection of antibiotics for the treatment of vesicular adenitis in bullsMarcelo F Martinez
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Dr, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5B4
Anim Reprod Sci 104:201-11. 2008..equal treatment groups to receive 10% of the daily recommended parenteral dose of penicillin, ceftiofur, or oxytetracycline in a volume of 6 mL injected directly into one of the vesicular glands...
- Influence of endotoxin on the disposition kinetics and dosage regimens of oxytetracycline in calvesR Kumar
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry Gujarat Agricultural University, Anand Campus, Anand, India
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 26:159-64. 2003The influence of endotoxin on the disposition kinetics of oxytetracycline (OTC) (10 mg/kg) was investigated in five healthy ruminating male crossbred calves...
- An evaluation of the relative efficacy of a new formulation of oxytetracycline for the treatment of undifferentiated fever in feedlot calves in western CanadaOliver C Schunicht
Feedlot Health Management Services, Bay 7-87 Elizabeth Street, Postal Bag Service #5, Okotoks, Alberta T0L 1T0
Can Vet J 43:940-5. 2002..commercial feedlot conditions in western Canada to compare the efficacy of a new formulation of long-acting oxytetracycline (LA 30) to a standard long-acting oxytetracycline formulation (LA 20) and florfenicol (FLOR) for the ..
- Efficacy of intrapalpebral and intramuscular application of oxytetracycline in a natural outbreak of infectious bovine kertoconjunctivitis (IBK) in calvesA Starke
Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 114:219-24. 2007..p.) injections of oxytetracycline (OTC) (200 mg OTC-hydrochloride 10% in the upper eyelid of moderately affected and in both eyelids of ..
- Simultaneous determination of selected veterinary antibiotics in gilthead seabream (Sparus Aurata) by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryR Romero-González
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Almeria University, E 04071, Almeria, Spain
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 857:142-8. 2007..drugs of different classes of antibiotics such as quinolones (oxilinic acid and flumequine), tetracyclines (oxytetracycline), sulfonamides (sulfadiazine) and trimethoprim in fish muscle and skin...
- Voltammetry and amperometric detection of tetracyclines at multi-wall carbon nanotube modified electrodesD Vega
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Complutense of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:951-8. 2007..HPLC method with amperometric electrochemical detection (ED) at the MWCNT-GCE was developed for tetracycline, oxytetracycline (OTC), chlortetracycline and doxycycline (DC). A mobile phase consisting of 18:82 acetonitrile/0...
- Use of antimicrobial susceptibility testing of bacterial pathogens isolated from the milk of dairy cows with clinical mastitis to predict response to treatment with cephapirin and oxytetracyclinePeter D Constable
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana 61802, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:103-8. 2002..susceptibility testing of bacterial pathogens isolated from the milk of dairy cows with clinical mastitis were associated with duration of clinical signs or bacteriologic cure rate following treatment with cephapirin and oxytetracycline.
- Evidence for plasmid-mediated tetracycline resistance in Paenibacillus larvae, the causal agent of American Foulbrood (AFB) disease in honeybeesAdriana M Alippi
Centro de Investigaciones de Fitopatología CIDEFI, Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias y Forestales, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Vet Microbiol 125:290-303. 2007..brood. Oxytetracycline is the main antibiotic used for prevention and control of AFB...
- Development of a quantitative multiclass/multiresidue method for 21 veterinary drugs in shrimpHui Li
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of Research, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
J AOAC Int 94:394-406. 2011..sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadimethoxine, and sulfaquinoxaline); tetracyclines (oxytetracycline, tetracycline, and chlortetracycline); (fluoro)quinolones (norfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, enrofloxacin, ..
- In vitro susceptibility of Mycoplasma hyosynoviae and M. hyorhinis to antimicrobial agentsH Kobayashi
National Institute of Animal Health, Ibaraki, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 58:1107-11. 1996..erythromycin, lincomycin (LCM), kanamycin (KM), chloramphenicol (CP), thiamphenicol (TP), tiamulin (TML), oxytetracycline (OTC), chlortetracycline (CTC), and enrofloxacin (ERFX)] by the agar dilution method...
- A study of endometritis causing repeat breeding of cycling iraqi buffalo cowsO I Azawi
Department of Surgery and Obstetrics, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq
Reprod Domest Anim 43:735-43. 2008..Treatment conducted using oxytetracycline with tylosin in local intrauterine infusion or systemically with hormonal treatment...
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae isolated from pigs with swine erysipelas in Japan, 1988-1998K Yamamoto
National Veterinary Assay Laboratory, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, 1 15 1, Tokura, Kokubunji, Tokyo, 185 8511, Japan
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 48:115-26. 2001..Strains resistant to dihydrostreptomycin, erythromycin, clindamycin, lincomycin, oxytetracycline and doxycycline were detected...
- [Investigation of sulfonamides and tetracyclines antibiotics in soils from various vegetable fields]Yan Wen Li
Department of Environmental Engineering, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:1762-6. 2009The occurrence and distribution of 9 selected antibiotics, that involved with oxytetracycline (OTC), tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC), sulfamethazine (SM2), sulfadiazine (SDZ), sulfamerazine (SMR), sulfameter, (SMT), ..
- Occurrence of pharmaceutical products in a municipal effluent and toxicity to rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) hepatocytesF Gagne
St Lawrence Centre, Environment Canada, 105 McGill St, Montreal, QC, Canada H2Y 2E7
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 64:329-36. 2006..of wastewater identified several compounds associated with PPCPs, including caffeine, ibuprofen, naproxen, oxytetracycline, novobiocin, carbamazepine, gemfibrozil, bezafibrate, trimethoprim, sulfamethoxazole, and sulfapyridine...
- Flow cytometric method for the assessment of the minimal inhibitory concentrations of antibacterial agents to Mycoplasma agalactiaePatricia Assunçao
Unidad de Epidemiologia y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Arucas, Spain
Cytometry A 69:1071-6. 2006..MIC) of seven antibacterial agents (enrofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, gentamicin, streptomycin, chloramphenicol, oxytetracycline, and tylosin) on Mycoplasma (M.) agalactiae. Flow cytometry was able to detect M...
- An investigation into the acute and chronic toxicity of eleven pharmaceuticals (and their solvents) found in wastewater effluent on the cnidarian, Hydra attenuataBrian Quinn
St Lawrence Centre, Environment Canada, 105 McGill, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2Y 2E7
Sci Total Environ 389:306-14. 2008..investigation (ibuprofen, naproxen, gemfibrozil, bezafibrate, carbamazepine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfapyridine, oxytetracycline, novobiocin, trimethoprim and caffeine) were tested individually in controlled laboratory exposures with LC(..
- Prevalence of bacterial pathogens and their anti-microbial resistance in Tilapia and their pond water in TrinidadA Newaj-Fyzul
School of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Zoonoses Public Health 55:206-13. 2008..05; chi(2)). Resistance was high to ampicillin, 90.2% (158 of 173), erythromycin, 66.5% (115 of 173) and oxytetracycline, 52.6%, (91 of 173) but relatively low to chloramphenicol, 9...
- Temporal prevalence of antimicrobial resistance in Campylobacter spp. from beef cattle in Alberta feedlotsG D Inglis
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Centre, 5403 1st Avenue S, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4B1, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4088-95. 2006..All calves were administered chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline in feed, and a majority of the animals (93%) were injected with long-acting oxytetracycline upon arrival at ..
- Tetracycline in liquid manure selects for co-occurrence of the resistance genes tet(M) and tet(L) in Enterococcus faecalisKarin Schwaiger
Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Vet Microbiol 139:386-92. 2009..For this purpose, concentrations of tetracycline, chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline and doxycycline were analysed in liquid manure samples (n=179) from Bavarian (Germany) pig farms...
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..vitro experiments have shown that electric current can enhance the activity of aminoglycosides, quinolones or oxytetracycline against bacteria in biofilms; this has been termed the 'bioelectric effect...
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of CD81-PGRL complex on T cellsSTEPHEN CHAPES; Fiscal Year: 2007..The coordinated effect of CD81, PGRL and EP3 on T cell integrin activity measured by adhesion to or motility on ICAMs. ..
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..