Genomes and Genes
Summary: A TETRACYCLINE with a 7-chloro substitution.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of cooling and seminal plasma on the capacitation status of fresh boar sperm as determined using chlortetracycline assayMelissa L Vadnais
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1314, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 87:121-32. 2005..The present study employed chlortetracycline (CTC) staining analysis to investigate the effect of adding 20% (v/v) boar seminal plasma (SP) to boar ..
- Validation of a high-performance liquid chromatography method for the determination of oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline and doxycycline in bovine milk and muscleA L Cinquina
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Regioni Lazio e Toscana, Via Appia Nuova 1411, 00178 Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr A 987:227-33. 2003..7-129.9 micro/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively. The detection capability (CCbeta) was in the range 117.2-131.3 microg/kg and 114.9-133.1 microg/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively...
- Effects of dietary polysavone (Alfalfa extract) and chlortetracycline supplementation on antioxidation and meat quality in broiler chickensX F Dong
State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China
Br Poult Sci 52:302-9. 2011..the dietary effects of polysavone (0·5, 1·0 and 1·5 g/kg), a natural extract from alfalfa, and 0·15 g/kg chlortetracycline (CTC) on growth performance, antioxidation and meat quality of broiler chickens. 2...
- Evaluation of stocking density and subtherapeutic chlortetracycline on Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica shedding in growing swineJulie Funk
Large Animal Clinical Sciences and the National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, 165 Food Safety and Toxicology Building, East Lansing, MI 48821, USA
Vet Microbiol 124:202-8. 2007..The objective of this research was to determine the effect of stocking density and inclusion of subtherapeutic chlortetracycline in the diet on Salmonella fecal prevalence and antimicrobial resistance in growing swine...
- Chlortetracycline and demeclocycline inhibit calpains and protect mouse neurons against glutamate toxicity and cerebral ischemiaSusan X Jiang
Neurophysiology Group, National Research Council Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:33811-8. 2005..We examined the protective properties of chlortetracycline (CTC) and demeclocycline (DMC) and showed that these two tetracyclines were also potent neuroprotective ..
- Control of the keto-enol tautomerism of chlortetracycline for its straightforward quantitation in pig tissues by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryMarc Cherlet
Ghent University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Salisburylaan 133, B 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1133:135-41. 2006b>Chlortetracycline (CTC) is a member of the group of the tetracycline antibiotics used in human and veterinary medicine...
- Sorption of tetracycline and chlortetracycline on K- and Ca-saturated soil clays, humic substances, and clay-humic complexesJutta R V Pils
Agronomy Department, Iowa State University, 100 Osborne Drive, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:1928-33. 2007Tetracycline (TC) and chlortetracycline (CTC) are used extensively for growth promotion and therapeutic purposes in livestock production...
- Chlortetracycline modulates acute phase response of ex vivo perfused pig livers, and inhibits TNF-alpha secretion by isolated Kupffer cellsJ K Akunda
Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 24:81-9. 2001..We investigated the effects of in vivo administration of chlortetracycline (CTC) on ex vivo perfused pig livers...
- Adsorption and transformation of tetracycline antibiotics with aluminum oxideWan Ru Chen
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Chemosphere 79:779-85. 2010..Results of this study indicate that aluminum oxide will likely affect the fate of TC antibiotics in the aquatic environment via both adsorption and transformation...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of enteric bacteria recovered from feedlot cattle administered chlortetracycline in feedTammy M Platt
Department of Agricultural Sciences, College of Agriculture, Science and Engineering, West Texas A and M University, Canyon, TX 79016, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:988-96. 2008To evaluate administration of chlortetracycline in feed of cattle as a method to select for tetracycline resistance among enteric bacteria in feedlot settings.
- Evaluating the effects of chlortetracycline on the proliferation of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in a simulated river water ecosystemJeannette Muñoz-Aguayo
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, 1971 Commonwealth Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5421-5. 2007..The objective of this study was to estimate the selection potential of chlortetracycline (CTC) on the antibiotic resistance of aerobic bacterial populations in a simulated river water ecosystem...
- Diversity and distribution of commensal fecal Escherichia coli bacteria in beef cattle administered selected subtherapeutic antimicrobials in a feedlot settingRanjana Sharma
Agriculture and Agri Food Research Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6178-86. 2008..The goal of this 197-day study was to investigate the influence of administration of chlortetracycline alone (T) or in combination with sulfamethazine (TS) on the development of resistance, dissemination of ..
- In-feed administered sub-therapeutic chlortetracycline alters community composition and structure but not the abundance of community resistance determinants in the fecal flora of the ratS P J Brooks
Bureau of Nutritional Sciences, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Anaerobe 15:145-54. 2009The impact of continuous sub-therapeutic chlortetracycline on community structure, composition and abundance of tetracycline resistance genes in the rat fecal community was investigated...
- The effects of subtherapeutic antibiotic use in farm animals on the proliferation and persistence of antibiotic resistance among soil bacteriaSudeshna Ghosh
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0116, USA
ISME J 1:191-203. 2007..b>Chlortetracycline-resistant bacteria were enumerated and characterized from soils exposed to the manure of animals fed ..
- The effect of subtherapeutic chlortetracycline on antimicrobial resistance in the fecal flora of swineJulie A Funk
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Microb Drug Resist 12:210-8. 2006The aims of this research were to determine the association between inclusion of subtherapeutic chlortetracycline in the diets of swine and the prevalence and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella; define the association between ..
- Alteration of the ileal microbiota of weanling piglets by the growth-promoting antibiotic chlortetracyclineElizabeth Rettedal
Department of Biology and Microbiology, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota 57007, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5489-95. 2009Antibiotics such as chlortetracycline (CTC) have been used to promote growth of pigs for decades, but concerns over increased antibiotic-resistant infections in humans have prompted the development of alternative strategies...
- Changes in tyrosine phosphorylation associated with true capacitation and capacitation-like state in boar spermatozoaM M Bravo
Departamento de Medicina y Sanidad Animal, Area de Reproducción, Universidad de Extremadura, Caceres, Spain
Mol Reprod Dev 71:88-96. 2005..Capacitation status was assessed by chlortetracycline (CTC) staining...
- Dissipation kinetics and mobility of chlortetracycline, tylosin, and monensin in an agricultural soil in Northumberland County, Ontario, CanadaJules C Carlson
Lash Miller Chemical Laboratories, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H6, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:1-10. 2006A robust high-throughput method was refined to extract three growth-promoting antibiotics, tylosin (TYL), chlortetracycline (CTC), and monensin (MON), from soil...
- Effects of subminimum inhibitory concentrations of antibiotics on the Pasteurella multocida proteomeBindu Nanduri
College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762, USA
J Proteome Res 5:572-80. 2006..We analyzed the Pasteurella multocida proteome response to sub-MICs of amoxicillin, chlortetracycline, and enrofloxacin using isotope-coded affinity tags (ICAT)...
- Identification and cloning of the gene involved in the final step of chlortetracycline biosynthesis in Streptomyces aureofaciensTetsuo Nakano
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1345-52. 2004For chlortetracycline biosynthesis in Streptomyces aureofaciens, the final reduction step is essential to give an antibiotic activity to its intermediate, which is catalyzed by tetracycline dehydrogenase with 7,8-dedimethyl-8-hydroxy-5-..
- Calcium requirement and time course of capacitation of goat spermatozoa assessed by chlortetracycline assayG Kaul
Department of Biochemistry, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, India
Andrologia 29:243-51. 1997We standardized chlortetracycline fluorescent assay for studies of calcium requirement and time course of capacitation of goat spermatozoa...
- Distribution of sulfamethazine, chlortetracycline and tylosin in manure and soil of Canadian feedlots after subtherapeutic use in cattleMarc Oliver Aust
University of Trier, FB VI Geography Geosciences, Soil Science Section, Campus II, 54286 Trier, Germany
Environ Pollut 156:1243-51. 2008..for the flow of antibiotics into the environment due to common use of antibiotics such as sulfamethazine, chlortetracycline and tylosin...
- Analysis of calcium changes in endoplasmic reticulum during apoptosis by the fluorescent indicator chlortetracyclineClaudia Cerella
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, via Ricerca Scientifica, 1, 00133 Roma I, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1099:490-3. 2007..In this study, we performed an image analysis of cells loaded with the fluorescent dye chlortetracycline (CTC) to in situ analyze Ca2+ changes within the ER in apoptosing promonocytic U937 cells...
- Detection of the mouse acrosome reaction by acid phosphatase. Comparison with chlortetracycline and electron microscopyE O Pietrobon
, , Universidad Nacional de Cuyo-CONICET, Mendoza, Argentina
J Androl 22:96-103. 2001..techniques), Coomassie blue, differential interference contrast or phase contrast, flow cytometry, and chlortetracycline (CTC)...
- Effects of a mixture of tetracyclines to Lemna gibba and Myriophyllum sibiricum evaluated in aquatic microcosmsRichard A Brain
Centre for Toxicology, Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Environ Pollut 138:425-42. 2005The impact of a mixture of oxytetracycline, chlortetracycline, tetracycline and doxycycline on Myriophyllum sibiricum and Lemna gibba was investigated using fifteen 12,000-L microcosms (k=5, n=3)...
- Microbial inhibition by pharmaceutical antibiotics in different soils--dose-response relations determined with the iron(III) reduction testSören Thiele-Bruhn
Institute for Land Use, Soil Science Section, University of Rostock, Justus von Liebig Weg 6, D 18051 Rostock, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:869-76. 2005..ED [micromol/kg soil]) for the different antibiotics increased in the order (average ED50 in parentheses) chlortetracycline (53) < sulfadimethoxine (58) < oxytetracycline (170) < sulfadiazine (190) < sulfadimidine (270) =..
- Autoinducer 2-like activity in poultry-associated enteric bacteria in response to subtherapeutic antibiotic exposureLingeng Lu
Poultry Science Department, Food Safety and Environmental Microbiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Avian Dis 49:74-80. 2005..Understanding the relationships between AI-2 activity and microbial consortia characteristics could provide dues regarding the vulnerability of poultry chicks to enteric bacterial pathogen colonization...
- Select antioxidants improve the function of extended boar semen stored at 10 degrees CH Funahashi
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima Naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Theriogenology 63:1605-16. 2005..Percentage of chlortetracycline (CTC) fluorescence pattern as intact live cells was higher in spermatozoa preserved with glutathione or ..
- Verotoxins in commensal Escherichia coli in cattle: the effect of injectable subcutaneous oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline on prevalenceA M O'Connor
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Epidemiol Infect 132:77-85. 2004..Between samplings all animals received in-feed chlortetracycline for 16 days. Five E...
- Boar sperm storage capacity of BTS and Androhep Plus: viability, motility, capacitation, and tyrosine phosphorylationCharlotte Dubé
Departement des Sciences Animales, Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Que, Canada G1K 7P4
Theriogenology 62:874-86. 2004..To test the hypothesis that modifications in sperm viability, motility, chlortetracycline (CTC) fluorescence patterns, and protein tyrosine phosphorylation occur during semen storage in extenders, ..
- Cholesterol efflux alters lipid raft stability and distribution during capacitation of boar spermatozoaSadaf Shadan
Gamete Signalling Laboratory, Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 71:253-65. 2004..A preferential loss of cholesterol from the nonraft pool may be the stimulus that promotes raft clustering over the anterior sperm head...
- Molecular spectroscopic study on the interaction of tetracyclines with serum albuminsShuyun Bi
College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Jiefang Road 119, Changchun 130023, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:629-36. 2005..The main sorts of acting force between the drugs and serum albumins were found and the action distances and the energy transfer efficiencies between donor-acceptor were calculated based on the Foster energy transference...
- Proacrosin-acrosin activity in capacitated and acrosome reacted sperm from cryopreserved bovine semenM I Rosatti
Area of Biochemistry, School of Veterinary Sciences, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biocell 28:311-6. 2004....
- Boar sperm velocity and motility patterns under capacitating and non-capacitating incubation conditionsM Garcia Herreros
Department of Animal Health and Medicine Reproduction and Obstetrics, Facultad de Veterinaria, University of Extremadura, Avd de la Universidad s n, 10071 Caceres, Spain
Theriogenology 63:795-805. 2005..Capacitation status was assessed by the chlortetracycline assay after 1 and 3h of incubation. Experiments were repeated five times...
- Mechanisms of action of angiotensin II on mammalian sperm functionSamra Mededovic
Centre for Reproduction, Endocrinology and Diabetes, School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London SE1 1UL, UK
Reproduction 129:211-8. 2005..The first question was whether extracellular Ca2+ is required for responses in mouse spermatozoa and, using chlortetracycline fluorescence analysis, it was clear that cells responded to AII only when the medium contained CaCl2, with ..
- Sourcing faecal pollution from onsite wastewater treatment systems in surface waters using antibiotic resistance analysisS Carroll
School of Civil Engineering, Queensland University of Technology, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
J Appl Microbiol 99:471-82. 2005..To identify the sources of faecal contamination in investigated surface waters and to determine the significance of onsite wastewater treatment systems (OWTS) as a major contributor to faecal contamination...
- Effect of heparin on in vitro capacitation of boar spermDora G Dapino
Catedra de Fisiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, UNR, Argentina
Biol Res 39:631-9. 2006b>Chlortetracycline (CTC) fluorescent pattern, the ability to undergo acrosome reaction (AR) upon exposure to 10 microM calcium ionophore A23187 and vitality estimation were used to investigate the effect of the sulfated glycosaminoglycan ..
- Heparin and dermatan sulphate induced capacitation of frozen-thawed bull spermatozoa measured by merocyanine-540A S Bergqvist
Division of Comparative Reproduction, Obstetrics and Udder Health, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Uppsala, Sweden
Zygote 15:225-32. 2007..Following exposure of different duration, the spermatozoa were stained with either Chlortetracycline (CTC) or merocyanine-540 and evaluated with epifluorescent light microscopy or flow cytometry, respectively...
- [Rapid determination of residues of 4 tetracyclines in meat by a microbiological screening, HPLC and LC/MS/MS]Maki Kanda
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health, Tokyo, Japan
Shokuhin Eiseigaku Zasshi 49:37-44. 2008..A rapid and precise determination residues of 4 tetracyclines (TCs) (oxytetracycline (OTC), tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC) and doxycycline (DOXY)) in meat was developed by employing three analyses; a microbiological screening,..
- Lectin binding profile of the small intestine of five-week-old pigs in response to the use of chlortetracycline as a growth promotant and under gnotobiotic conditionsS George
Department of Biology and Microbiology, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Vaccinology, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1640-50. 2007..ileum of weanling pigs in response to the absence of intestinal microbiota and to the use of the antibiotic chlortetracycline as growth promotant...
- Persistence of Campylobacter species, strain types, antibiotic resistance and mechanisms of tetracycline resistance in poultry flocks treated with chlortetracyclineL J V Piddock
Antimicrobial Agents Research Group, Division of Immunity and Infection, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:303-15. 2008The aim of this study was to investigate the persistence of Campylobacter species, strain types, antibiotic resistance and mechanisms of tetracycline resistance in poultry flocks treated with chlortetracycline.
- Reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography coupled to ultraviolet and electrospray time-of-flight mass spectrometry on-line detection for the separation of eight tetracyclines in honey samplesA Carrasco-Pancorbo
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, Fuentenueva s n, E 18071 Granada, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1195:107-16. 2008Eight antibiotics, chlortetracycline, demeclocycline, doxycycline, methacycline, minocycline, oxytetracycline, tetracycline and rolitetracycline, were separated and quantified in Spanish honey extracts of different floral origin using a ..
- Amplification of lac cannot account for adaptive mutation to Lac+ in Escherichia coliJeffrey D Stumpf
Department of Biology, Indiana University, 1001 East Third Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Bacteriol 189:2291-9. 2007..Our results support the hypothesis that most Lac+ mutants that appear during lactose selection are true revertants that arise in a single step from Lac- cells, not from a population of growing or amplifying precursor cells...
- Antibiotic Transport via Runoff and Soil LossJ G Davis
Dep of Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1170, USA
J Environ Qual 35:2250-60. 2006..An antibiotic solution including tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC), sulfathiazole (STZ), sulfamethazine (SMZ), erythromycin (ERY), tylosin (TYL), and monensin (MNS) was ..
- Signal transduction mechanisms involved in in vitro ram sperm capacitationPatricia Grasa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zaragoza, Miguel Servet, 177, 50013 Zaragoza, Spain
Reproduction 132:721-32. 2006We validate the chlortetracycline (CTC) technique for the evaluation of capacitation and acrosome reaction-like changes in ram sperm, carrying out a double estimation of the acrosome status after treatment with lysophosphatidylcholine, ..
- Antimicrobial use and resistance in swine waste treatment systemsArchana Jindal
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 3204 Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory, MC250, 205 North Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:7813-20. 2006b>Chlortetracycline and the macrolide tylosin were identified as commonly used antimicrobials for growth promotion and prophylaxis in swine production...
- Effect of lactoferrin on the growth performance, intestinal morphology, and expression of PR-39 and protegrin-1 genes in weaned pigletsY Wang
Institute of Feed Science, Zhejiang University, The Key Laboratory of Molecular Animal Nutrition, Ministry of Education, No 164 Qiutao North Road, Hangzhou 310029, P R China
J Anim Sci 84:2636-41. 2006..01) and 217% (P < 0.01), respectively. The use of lactoferrin as an additive to improve nonspecific immunity and strengthen host defenses would be good a method of defending weaned pigs from infections and weanling stress...
- Effect of tetracycline residues in pig manure slurry on tetracycline-resistant bacteria and resistance gene tet(M) in soil microcosmsYvonne Agersø
Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Copenhagen V, Denmark
Environ Int 32:876-82. 2006..The concentration of chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline were almost stable through out the experimental period, but the tetracycline ..
- Effect of including distillers dried grains with solubles in the diet, with or without antimicrobial regimen, on the ability of growing pigs to resist a Lawsonia intracellularis challengeM H Whitney
Departments of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108, USA
J Anim Sci 84:1870-9. 2006..treatments, diets contained 33 ppm bacitracin methylene disalicylate throughout the experiment, with chlortetracycline (Aureomycin) pulsed at 550 ppm from d 3 prechallenge to d 11 postchallenge...
- Effects of extender, incubation temperature, and added seminal plasma on capacitation of cryopreserved, thawed boar sperm as determined by chlortetracycline stainingMelissa L Vadnais
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, College Vet Med, East Lansing, MI 48824 1314, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 90:347-54. 2005..Capacitation status of the sperm was determined microscopically using chlortetracycline staining patterns. At 1h after the addition of 10 or 20% (v/v) SP, capacitated sperm decreased from 59...
- A mouse sperm decapacitation factor receptor is phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein 1Rachel Gibbons
Reproduction and Rhythms Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Reproduction 130:497-508. 2005..Obtaining more detail about DF <--> DF-R interactions could lead to useful applications in both fertility treatments and new contraceptive approaches...
- Reduction of chlortetracycline-resistant Escherichia coli in weaned piglets fed fermented liquid feedYuri Kobashi
National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, 2, Ikenodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0901, Japan
Anaerobe 14:201-4. 2008We investigated the change in chlortetracycline resistance in 360 Escherichia coli strains separated from the feces of piglets fed fermented liquid feed (FLF) in comparison with those fed dry feed (control)...
- Voltammetry and amperometric detection of tetracyclines at multi-wall carbon nanotube modified electrodesD Vega
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Complutense of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:951-8. 2007..electrochemical detection (ED) at the MWCNT-GCE was developed for tetracycline, oxytetracycline (OTC), chlortetracycline and doxycycline (DC). A mobile phase consisting of 18:82 acetonitrile/0...
- Quantitative determination of chlortetracycline content in animal plasma at controlled keto-enol tautomerism by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometryMarc Cherlet
Ghent University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Salisburylaan 133, B 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1102:116-24. 2006b>Chlortetracycline (CTC) is a member of the group of the tetracycline antibiotics used in human and veterinary medicine...
- Implication of calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase type 1 during bovine sperm capacitationValerie Fournier
Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec Canada
J Androl 24:104-12. 2003..At 0, 3, and 5 hours, samples were assayed for capacitation and motility parameters according to the chlortetracycline (CTC) fluorescent pattern B and computer-assisted sperm analysis, respectively...
- Evaluation of in vitro capacitation of stallion spermatozoaR Rathi
Department of Equine Sciences, Graduate School of Animal Health, Utrecht University, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 65:462-70. 2001..540 staining, was compared with the more conventional Ca(2+)-dependent fluorescence microscopic technique, chlortetracycline (CTC) staining, for assessing capacitation status...
- A differential mechanism is involved during heparin- and cryopreservation-induced capacitation of bovine spermatozoaNathaly Cormier
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Biol Reprod 69:177-85. 2003..The chlortetracycline assay and the ability of the sperm to undergo the lysophosphatidylcholine-induced acrosome reaction were ..
- Comparison of the capacitation-like state of cooled boar spermatozoa with true capacitationC E Green
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Royal College Street, London NW1 0TU, UK
Reproduction 122:889-98. 2001..b>Chlortetracycline staining of membrane domains and Fluo-3 detection of changes in intracellular free calcium by flow cytometry ..
- Capacitation status and in vitro fertility of boar spermatozoa: effects of seminal plasma, cumulus-oocyte-complexes-conditioned medium and hyaluronanK Suzuki
Experimental Farm, Field Science Center FSC, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Androl 25:84-93. 2002..Analysis of sperm capacitation using the chlortetracycline (CTC) assay showed that frozen-thawed CCM had no elevating effect on 'B-pattern' spermatozoa (implying ..
- Preliminary investigations into possible resistance to oxytetracycline in Melissococcus plutonius, a pathogen of honeybee larvaeR Waite
National Bee Unit, Central Science Laboratory, Sand Hutton, York, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 36:20-4. 2003..To investigate the occurrence of oxytetracycline (OTC) resistance in Melissococcus plutonius, which causes European foulbrood in honeybee colonies...
- Capacitation-like alterations in cooled boar spermatozoa: assessment by the chlortetracycline staining assay and immunodetection of tyrosine-phosphorylated sperm proteinsMakiko Kaneto
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, 1 Rokko dai, Nada, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 73:197-209. 2002This study was undertaken in order to characterize alterations occurring in cooled boar spermatozoa by a chlortetracycline (CTC) staining assay and immunodetection of tyrosine-phosphorylated sperm proteins...
- Capillary electrophoresis of some tetracycline antibiotics coupled with reductive fast cyclic voltammetric detectionJ Zhou
Chemistry Department, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Chromatogr A 839:193-201. 1999The separation and quantitative performance parameters for tetracycline, chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline antibiotics were investigated by capillary zone electrophoresis coupled with fast cyclic voltammetric detection...
- Effect of sperm survival and CTC staining pattern on in vitro fertilization of porcine oocytesR Marchal
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Nouzilly, France
Theriogenology 57:1917-27. 2002..demonstrated, but there was no correlation between the proportion of capacitated spermatozoa, as assessed by chlortetracycline staining, at the time of insemination and fertilization rates...
- Quantification of bioavailable chlortetracycline in pig feces using a bacterial whole-cell biosensorLars Hestbjerg Hansen
Department of General Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Sølvgade 83 H, DK 1307 K, Copenhagen, Denmark
Vet Microbiol 87:51-7. 2002Bacterial whole-cell biosensors were used to measure the concentration of chlortetracycline (CTC) in the feces of pigs. In this study, the Escherichia coli biosensor used has a detection limit of 0.03 mg/kg CTC in pig feces...
- Sperm function and production of bovine embryos in vitro after swim-up with different calcium and caffeine concentrationA C Coscioni
, , UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 67:59-67. 2001..were evaluated: sperm recovery, motility, vigor, morphology, alterations in the pattern of capacitation by chlortetracycline (CTC) staining, and alterations in lysophosphatidyl choline (LPC)-induced acrosome reaction (AR)...
- Plasma membrane and acrosomal integrity in bovine spermatozoa with the knobbed acrosome defectJacob Thundathil
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Theriogenology 58:87-102. 2002..Results suggest that spermatozoa with the knobbed acrosome defect have impaired plasma membrane function which predisposes them to premature capacitation and spontaneous AR on incubation after thawing...
- The effect of chlortetracycline treatment and its subsequent withdrawal on multi-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium DT104 and commensal Escherichia coli in the pigA A Delsol
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, Division of Farm Animal Science, Langford, UK
J Appl Microbiol 95:1226-34. 2003To investigate the effect of a therapeutic and sub-therapeutic chlortetracycline treatment on tetracycline-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium DT104 and on the commensal Escherichia coli in pig.
- Assay and purity control of tetracycline, chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline in animal feeds and premixes by TLC densitometry with fluorescence detectionWeng Naidong
Laboratorium voor Farmaceutische Chemie en Analyse van Geneesmiddelen, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Van Evenstraat 4, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:85-93. 2003..with fluorescence detection are described for the assay and purity control of tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC), and oxytetracycline (OTC) in animal feeds and premixes...
- The effects of the periodical use of in-feed chlortetracycline on the reproductive performance of gilts and sows of a commercial pig farm with a history of clinical and subclinical viral and bacterial infectionsC Alexopoulos
Clinic of Obstetrics and AI, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Reprod Domest Anim 38:187-92. 2003The objective of this study was to assess the effects of in-feed chlortetracycline (CTC) as a measure of preventing or minimizing infectious problems of reproductive failure in gilts and sows...
- Membrane status and in vitro capacitation of porcine sperm preserved in long-term extender at 16 degrees CJ Conejo-Nava
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
Arch Androl 49:287-95. 2003..Both semen samples were stained with chlortetracycline to assess the status of sperm membranes and with Hoechst 33258 to determine viability...
- Changes in the prevalence of resistant Escherichia coil in cattle receiving subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline compared with cattle receiving only in-feed chlortetracyclineA M O'Connor
Can J Vet Res 66:145-50. 2002..coli from cattle receiving either subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline or only in-feed chlortetracycline. Resistance to 19 antibiotics was examined...
- Isolation of tetracycline-resistant Megasphaera elsdenii strains with novel mosaic gene combinations of tet(O) and tet(W) from swineThaddeus B Stanton
Pre Harvest Food Safety and Enteric Diseases Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, PO Box 70, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:3874-82. 2003Anaerobic bacteria insensitive to chlortetracycline (64 to 256 microg/ml) were isolated from cecal contents and cecal tissues of swine fed or not fed chlortetracycline...
- A confirmatory method for the simultaneous extraction, separation, identification and quantification of Tetracycline, Sulphonamide, Trimethoprim and Dapsone residues in muscle by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry accordMark McDonald
Central Meat Control Laboratory, Department of Agriculture, Backweston Campus, Celbridge, Co Kildare, Ireland
J Chromatogr A 1216:8110-6. 2009..The method is able to quantify and confirm the following 19 compounds, oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline, doxycycline, sulfadiazine, sulfathiazole, sulfapyridine, trimethoprim, sulfamerazine, sulfamethizole, ..
- In vitro susceptibility of Mycoplasma hyosynoviae and M. hyorhinis to antimicrobial agentsH Kobayashi
National Institute of Animal Health, Ibaraki, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 58:1107-11. 1996..LCM), kanamycin (KM), chloramphenicol (CP), thiamphenicol (TP), tiamulin (TML), oxytetracycline (OTC), chlortetracycline (CTC), and enrofloxacin (ERFX)] by the agar dilution method...
- Effect of hen's egg yolk on capacitation and acrosome reaction of diluted canine spermatozoaT S Witte
Centre for Artificial Insemination and Embryo Transfer, University of Veterinary Science Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, A 1210 Vienna, Austria
Anim Reprod Sci 110:293-305. 2009..sperm analyzer (CASA; Sperm Vision, Minitüb, Germany), capacitation and AR were evaluated with a modified chlortetracycline assay (CTC) and the AR additionally by flow cytometry...
- [Investigation of sulfonamides and tetracyclines antibiotics in soils from various vegetable fields]Yan Wen Li
Department of Environmental Engineering, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:1762-6. 2009..and distribution of 9 selected antibiotics, that involved with oxytetracycline (OTC), tetracycline (TC), chlortetracycline (CTC), sulfamethazine (SM2), sulfadiazine (SDZ), sulfamerazine (SMR), sulfameter, (SMT), sulfamethoxazole (..
- Tetracycline in liquid manure selects for co-occurrence of the resistance genes tet(M) and tet(L) in Enterococcus faecalisKarin Schwaiger
Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Vet Microbiol 139:386-92. 2009..For this purpose, concentrations of tetracycline, chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline and doxycycline were analysed in liquid manure samples (n=179) from Bavarian (Germany) pig ..
- Effects of subtherapeutic administration of antimicrobial agents to beef cattle on the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance in Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter hyointestinalisG D Inglis
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Centre, 5403 1st Avenue S, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4B1, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3872-81. 2005..Groups of calves were assigned to one of the following antimicrobial treatments: chlortetracycline and sulfamethazine (CS), chlortetracycline alone (Ct), virginiamycin, monensin, tylosin phosphate, and no ..
- Effects of ionophores and antibiotics on in vitro hydrogen sulfide production, dry matter disappearance, and total gas production in cultures with a steam-flaked corn-based substrate with or without added sulfurM J Quinn
Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409 2141, USA
J Anim Sci 87:1705-13. 2009..65 mg/L), and 2 antibiotics (chlortetracycline hydrochloride at 5 mg/L and tylosin tartarate at 1.25 mg/L). Cultures also had 0 or 1...
- Collateral effects of antibiotics: carbadox and metronidazole induce VSH-1 and facilitate gene transfer among Brachyspira hyodysenteriae strainsThaddeus B Stanton
Pre Harvest Food Safety and Enteric Diseases Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2950-6. 2008..5-kb DNA and VSH-1 particles in B. hyodysenteriae cultures. Nine antibiotics (chlortetracycline, lincomycin, tylosin, tiamulin, virginiamycin, ampicillin, ceftriaxone, vancomycin, and florfenicol) at ..
- Application of enzymatic probe sonication extraction for the determination of selected veterinary antibiotics and their main metabolites in fish and mussel samplesR Fernandez-Torres
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, 41012, Seville, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 675:156-64. 2010..metabolite ampicilloic acid (APA), chloramphenicol (CLF), thiamphenicol (TIF), oxytetracycline (OXT) and chlortetracycline (CLT)...
- Effects of Ca2+-ATPase inhibitors, ionomycin, and pharmacological modulators of ryanodine receptor on calcium release from intracellular pools and on oscillatory contractile behavior in Physarum polycephalumA A Kochegarov
Institute of Cell Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142292, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 65:662-71. 2000..the plasmodium of the myxomycete Physarum polycephalum were analyzed using the fluorescent calcium indicator chlortetracycline (CTC)...
- Temporal prevalence of antimicrobial resistance in Campylobacter spp. from beef cattle in Alberta feedlotsG D Inglis
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Centre, 5403 1st Avenue S, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4B1, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4088-95. 2006..All calves were administered chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline in feed, and a majority of the animals (93%) were injected with long-acting ..
- Tetracycline residues in royal jelly and honey by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry: validation study according to Commission Decision 2002/657/ECL Giannetti
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale Regioni Lazio e Toscana, Via Appia Nuova, 1411 00178, Rome, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 398:1017-23. 2010..robust liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for determining oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline and doxycycline in royal jelly and honey samples is presented...
- Effect of chondroitin sulfate C on sperm capacitation and fertilization parameters in vitro in pigsX X Song
College of Animal Science and Technology, Laiyang Agriculture College, Qingdao 265200, PR China
Anim Reprod Sci 108:144-56. 2008....
- Tetracycline residues and tetracycline resistance genes in groundwater impacted by swine production facilitiesRoderick I Mackie
Department of Animal Sciences, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Institute for Genomic Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Anim Biotechnol 17:157-76. 2006..chromatography-mass spectroscopy (LC-MS) was used to measure the dissolved concentrations of tetracycline, chlortetracycline, and oxytetracycline in groundwater and manure...
- Presence of steroid hormones and antibiotics in surface water of agricultural, suburban and mixed-use areasMagdalena Velicu
Villanova Center for the Environment, Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
Environ Monit Assess 154:349-59. 2009..No antibiotics were detected in the 21 streams sampled. This study aims to give a better understanding on the presence, fate and transport of PACs derived from humans and animals...
- Tetracyclines and pulmonary inflammationS Rempe
Carl T Hayden VA Medical Center, Research RS 151, Building 27, 650 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets 7:232-6. 2007Tetracycline and its derivatives, such as chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, methacycline and lymecycline, are naturally occurring or semi-synthetic polyketide compounds that exhibit a well known broad-spectrum ..
- Inhibition tests for detection and presumptive identification of tetracyclines, beta-lactam antibiotics and quinolones in poultry meatL Okerman
Department of Veterinary Food Inspection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Food Addit Contam 18:385-93. 2001..luteus; tetracycline (TET) 4 ng, oxytetracycline (OXY) 3 ng, doxycycline (DOX) 0.6 ng, and chlortetracycline (CHL) 0.3 ng on the plate with B. cereus; enrofloxacin (ENRX) 1.5 ng, ciprofloxacin (CIPX) 0...
- Use of molecularly imprinted polymers from a mixture of tetracycline and its degradation products to produce affinity membranes for the removal of tetracycline from waterRoongnapa Suedee
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prince of Songkla University, Hatyai, Songkla 90112, Thailand
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 811:191-200. 2004..for doxycycline (DC) and modest selectivity for TC and other TC derivatives, oxytetracycline (OTC) and chlortetracycline (CTC)...
- Fast and ultrafast spectroscopic investigation of tetracycline derivatives in organic and aqueous mediaBenedetta Carlotti
Chemistry Department, and Centro di Eccellenza sui Materiali Innovativi Nanostrutturati CEMIN, University of Perugia, Via Elce di Sotto 8, 06123 Perugia, Italy
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:15580-91. 2010..The photophysical properties of seven tetracycline derivatives (tetracycline, oxytetracycline, demeclocycline, chlortetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline and meclocycline) in organic solvents and aqueous solution were studied using ..
- Determination of tetracycline antibiotics in cow's milk by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryHendrik De Ruyck
Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research ILVO, Technology and Food Unit T and V, Food Safety, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1511-20. 2007..quantitative determination of oxytetracycline, 4-epi-oxytetracycline, tetracycline, 4-epi-tetracycline, chlortetracycline, 4-epi-chlortetracycline and doxycycline in milk has been developed...
- Toxicity of fungicides to natural bacterial communities in wetland water and sediment measured using leucine incorporation and potential denitrificationSusann Milenkovski
Chemical Ecology Ecotoxicology, Department of Ecology, Lund University, Ecology Building, SE 223 62, Lund, Sweden
Ecotoxicology 19:285-94. 2010..carboxin, captan, cycloheximide, fenpropimorph, propiconazole, and thiram), two bactericides (bronopol and chlortetracycline) as controls, and one reference compound (3,5-dichlorophenol), were tested in a water-sediment microcosm set-..
- Veterinary pharmaceuticals and antibiotic resistance of Escherichia coli isolates in poultry litter from commercial farms and controlled feeding trialsV Furtula
Aquatic Ecosystem Impacts Research Division, Pacific Environmental Science Centre, Environment Canada, 2645 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7H 1B1
Poult Sci 89:180-8. 2010..Feed additives bacitracin, chlortetracycline, monensin, narasin, nicarbazin, penicillin, salinomycin, and virginiamycin, which were present in the feed ..
- Effects of ionic strength, temperature, and pH on degradation of selected antibioticsKeith A Loftin
US Geological Survey, Organic Geochemistry Research Lab, Lawrence, KS 66049, USA
J Environ Qual 37:378-86. 2008Aqueous degradation rates, which include hydrolysis and epimerization, for chlortetracycline (CTC), oxytetracycline (OTC), tetracycline (TET), lincomycin (LNC), sulfachlorpyridazine (SCP), sulfadimethoxine (SDM), sulfathiazole (STZ), ..
- Simultaneous determination of 11 antibiotics and their main metabolites from four different groups by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography-diode array-fluorescence (HPLC-DAD-FLD) in human urine samplesR Fernandez-Torres
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Seville, Spain
Talanta 81:871-80. 2010..metabolite ampicilloic acid (APA), chloramphenicol (CLF), thiamphenicol (TIF), oxytetracycline (OXT) and chlortetracycline (CLT). For HPLC analysis, diode array (DAD) and fluorescence (FLD) detectors were used...
- Diurnal variations in the occurrence and the fate of hormones and antibiotics in activated sludge wastewater treatment in Oslo, NorwayBenedek Gy Plósz
Norwegian Institute for Water Research, NIVA, Gaustadalleen 21, Oslo, Norway
Sci Total Environ 408:1915-24. 2010..The concentration of estradiol, 17-alpha-ethinylestradiol, doxycycline, oxytetracycline, demeclocycline, chlortetracycline, cefuroxime, cyclophosphamide, and ifosfamide were below the limit of detection in all of the sewage samples ..
- Antibiotic degradation during manure compostingHolly Dolliver
Department of Plant and Earth Science, Univ of Wisconsin River Falls, 410 S 3rd St, River Falls, WI 54022, USA
J Environ Qual 37:1245-53. 2008..The objective of this study was to quantify degradation of chlortetracycline, monensin, sulfamethazine, and tylosin in spiked turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) litter during composting...
- Functional changes and motility characteristics of Japanese Black bull spermatozoa separated by PercollK Suzuki
Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station, Morioka 020 0123, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 77:157-72. 2003..PNA), Naphthol Yellow S and Erythrosin B (NE) or triple staining (TS)), capacitation status (using chlortetracycline (CTC)), motility characteristics (using a computer-assisted sperm motion analysis system (CASA)) and for in ..
- Source to sink tracking of selected human pharmaceuticals from two Oslo city hospitals and a wastewater treatment worksKevin V Thomas
Norwegian Institute for Water Research NIVA, Gaustadalleen 21, 0349, Oslo, Norway
J Environ Monit 9:1410-8. 2007..paracetamol and ibuprofen) to nearly 200 g day(-1) (e.g. metoprolol and trimethoprim) into Oslofjord. A simple risk assessment showed that the antibiotic ciprofloxacin may at times pose an acute risk to the Oslofjord aquatic environment...
- Modulation of the function of boar spermatozoa via adenosine and fertilization promoting peptide receptors reduce the incidence of polyspermic penetration into porcine oocytesH Funahashi
Faculty of Agriculture, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Biol Reprod 63:1157-63. 2000..A1AdR; stimulatory adenosine receptors, A2AdR) on freshly ejaculated spermatozoa were determined by chlortetracycline fluorescence assessment...