Genomes and Genes
Summary: A sulfinylindene derivative prodrug whose sulfinyl moiety is converted in vivo to an active NSAID analgesic. Specifically, the prodrug is converted by liver enzymes to a sulfide which is excreted in the bile and then reabsorbed from the intestine. This helps to maintain constant blood levels with reduced gastrointestinal side effects.
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- Levels of rectal mucosal polyamines and prostaglandin E2 predict ability of DFMO and sulindac to prevent colorectal adenomaPatricia A Thompson
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5024, USA
Gastroenterology 139:797-805, 805.e1. 2010..We studied effects of the combination of difluoromethylornithine (DFMO) and sulindac on biomarkers and investigated factors that modify their efficacy.
- Sulindac treatment alters collagen and matrilysin expression in adenomas of ApcMin/+ miceHector Guillen-Ahlers
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1421-7. 2008..In this study, Apc(Min/+) mice, a genetic model of human familial adenomatous polyposis, were treated with sulindac, and these mice demonstrated tumor reduction of >80%, consistent with previous reports...
- Up-regulation of early growth response gene 1 (EGR-1) via ERK1/2 signals attenuates sulindac sulfide-mediated cytotoxicity in the human intestinal epithelial cellsYuseok Moon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Busan, 602 739, Republic of Korea
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 223:155-63. 2007..In the present study, NSAID sulindac sulfide was investigated for the cytotoxic injury in the intestinal epithelial cells in association with an ..
- Sulindac reverses aberrant expression and localization of beta-catenin in papillary thyroid cancer cells with the BRAFV600E mutationNancy L Cho
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Thyroid 20:615-22. 2010..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that the nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug sulindac would reverse aberrant beta-catenin activity in thyroid cancer cells.
- Growth compensatory role of sulindac sulfide-induced thrombospondin-1 linked with ERK1/2 and RhoA GTPase signaling pathwaysYuseok Moon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Busan, 602 739, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 82:591-9. 2008..Among diverse NSAIDs, sulindac sulfide was most potent of inducing the human TSP-1 protein expression...
- Sulindac induces apoptotic cell death in susceptible human breast cancer cells through, at least in part, inhibition of IKKbetaA Mi Seo
Research Center for Women s Diseases, Division of Biological Sciences, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul 140 742, Korea
Apoptosis 14:913-22. 2009b>Sulindac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent with anti-tumor activities that include the induction of apoptosis in various cancer cells and the inhibition malignant transformation...
- Combination oral antiangiogenic therapy with thalidomide and sulindac inhibits tumour growth in rabbitsH M Verheul
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 79:114-8. 1999..We found that sulindac was one of the most potent antiangiogenic NSAIDs, inhibiting bFGF-induced neovascularization by 50% and VEGF-..
- Dietary putrescine reduces the intestinal anticarcinogenic activity of sulindac in a murine model of familial adenomatous polyposisNatalia A Ignatenko
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Nutr Cancer 56:172-81. 2006The nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug sulindac displays chemopreventive activity in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)...
- Phase I/II study of gemcitabine and exisulind as second-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerTien Hoang
Ohio State University College of Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:218-25. 2006..1 months in phase II), we did not observe a clear survival advantage and thus do not plan to further investigate this schedule of gemcitabine and exisulind...
- A phase I/II dose-escalation study of exisulind and docetaxel in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancerChristopher W Ryan
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
BJU Int 95:963-8. 2005To determine the safety and efficacy, in a dose-escalation study, of exisulind (an oral sulphone metabolite of sulindac thought to induce apoptosis in malignant cells by inhibiting cGMP-phosphodiesterase) combined with docetaxel in men ..
- Phase II evaluation of docetaxel plus exisulind in patients with androgen independent prostate carcinomaVictoria J Sinibaldi
Prostate Cancer Program, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:395-8. 2006....
- Sulindac metabolites induce caspase- and proteasome-dependent degradation of beta-catenin protein in human colon cancer cellsPamela L Rice
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:885-92. 2003..Substantial clinical, epidemiological, and animal evidence indicate that sulindac and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) prevent the development of CRC...
- A phase I/II study of exisulind in combination with docetaxel/carboplatin in patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerSuzanne F Jones
The Sarah Cannon Research Institute and Tennessee Oncology, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 6:361-6. 2005Exisulind is a sulfone derivative of sulindac that induces apoptosis and demonstrates synergy with docetaxel in lung cancer models...
- Sulindac suppresses tumorigenesis in the Min mouseY Beazer-Barclay
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Carcinogenesis 17:1757-60. 1996..of this model for the evaluation and optimization of chemopreventive agents, we examined the effects of sulindac on tumorigenesis in Min mice as this compound can inhibit colorectal tumorigenesis in human familial adenomatous ..
- Sulindac sulfide induces autophagic death in gastric epithelial cells via survivin down-regulation: a mechanism of NSAIDs-induced gastric injuryShiun Kwei Chiou
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, CA 90822 5201, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 81:1317-23. 2011b>Sulindac sulfide, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), has anti-tumorigenic and anti-inflammatory activities, but causes gastric mucosal damage...
- Molecular analysis of sulindac-resistant adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposisJ J Keller
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 7:4000-7. 2001b>Sulindac causes the reduction of adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) patients, but complete regression is unusual, and breakthrough of colorectal carcinoma during sulindac treatment has been described...
- A phase II trial of carboplatin and gemcitabine with exisulind (IND #65,056) in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study (E1501)Gregory A Masters
Christiana Care CCOP, Newark, Delaware, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:673-8. 2006..The statistical endpoint of 17 patients alive at 18 months was met, but given ongoing developments in advanced NSCLC, ECOG will not be pursuing additional trials of exisulind in NSCLC...
- Long-term treatment with sulindac in familial adenomatous polyposis: is there an actual efficacy in prevention of rectal cancer?F Tonelli
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, Surgical Unit, University of Florence, Italy
J Surg Oncol 74:15-20. 2000Ileorectal anastomosis (IRA) is still used in the treatment of familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP). Sulindac appears to induce regression of colorectal adenomas; however, its effects in long-term therapy and in preventing carcinoma ..
- Effects of long-term administration of sulindac on APC mRNA and apoptosis in colons of rats treated with azoxymethaneY Kishimoto
Division of Pharmacotherapeutics, Department of Pathophysiological and Therapeutic Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 86 Nishicho, Yonago 683 8503, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:589-95. 2002Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including sulindac, have been shown to exhibit anti-colon cancer activity; however, the detailed mechanisms concerning continuous long-term administration are still unclear...
- The influence of sulindac on experimental streptozotocin-induced diabetic neuropathyD W Zochodne
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 21:194-202. 1994We studied the influence of sulindac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent on experimental streptozotocin-induced diabetic neuropathy...
- Phospho-sulindac (OXT-328), a novel sulindac derivative, is safe and effective in colon cancer prevention in miceGerardo G MacKenzie
Division of Cancer Prevention, Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8173, USA
Gastroenterology 139:1320-32. 2010..However, chronic administration of NSAIDs is associated with significant side effects, mainly of the gastrointestinal tract. Given these limitations, we synthesized phospho-sulindac (P-S; OXT-328), a novel sulindac derivative.
- Mechanisms of sulindac-induced apoptosis and cell cycle arrestBarbara Jung
Department of Molecular Biology, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, 10835 Altman Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Cancer Lett 219:15-25. 2005The mechanism underlying the chemopreventive effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug sulindac remains unclear. Its active metabolite, sulindac sulfide, induces cell cycle arrest as well as apoptosis in mammalian cell lines...
- Combination treatment with arsenic trioxide and sulindac enhances apoptotic cell death in lung cancer cells via activation of oxidative stress and mitogen-activated protein kinasesJung Hyun Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Wonkwang Medical Science, Wonkwang University, School of Medicine, Jeonbuk 570 749, South Korea
Oncol Rep 20:379-84. 2008..b>Sulindac is known to enhance the cellular responsiveness of tumors toward chemotherapeutic drugs...
- Sulindac sulfide suppresses 5-lipoxygenase at clinically relevant concentrationsSvenja D Steinbrink
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry ZAFES, Goethe University, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:797-806. 2010b>Sulindac is a non-selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenases (COX) used to treat inflammation and pain...
- Autophagy delays sulindac sulfide-induced apoptosis in the human intestinal colon cancer cell line HT-29C Bauvy
INSERM U504 Glycobiologie et Signalisation Cellulaire, 16, avenue Paul-Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Exp Cell Res 268:139-49. 2001..that 3-methyladenine, an inhibitor of autophagy, increases the sensitivity of HT-29 cells to apoptosis induced by sulindac sulfide, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug which inhibits the cyclooxygenases...
- Testolactone, sulindac, warfarin, and vitamin K1 for unresectable desmoid tumorsW R Waddell
Department of Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson
Am J Surg 161:416-21. 1991..e., more than 50% reduction in volume. Eight patients received nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drugs (indomethacin, sulindac, or sulindac with warfarin and vitamin K1 [Mephyton]) for periods of 2 to 91 months...
- Sulindac to prevent recurrent preterm labor: a randomized controlled trialR G Humphrey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women, Orlando, Florida, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:555-62. 2001OBJECTIVE: To assess the efficacy of oral sulindac in low doses for prolonged duration to decrease the risk of recurrent preterm labor and extend gestation...
- Reduction of Sulindac to its active metabolite, sulindac sulfide: assay and role of the methionine sulfoxide reductase systemFrantzy Etienne
Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1005-10. 2003b>Sulindac is a known anti-inflammatory drug that functions by inhibition of cyclooxygenases 1 and 2 (COX)...
- Sulindac corrects defective apoptosis and suppresses azoxymethane-induced colonic oncogenesis in p53 knockout miceYing Hu
Department of Medicine Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Cancer 116:870-5. 2005..We tested the ability of sulindac to reverse these defects...
- The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug sulindac causes down-regulation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cellsNikolaos G Nikitakis
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201-1586, USA
Cancer Res 62:1004-7. 2002The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug sulindac exerts a significant antineoplastic effect on several types of human cancers including oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCCa)...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression and tumor formation are blocked by sulindac in a murine model of familial adenomatous polyposisS K Boolbol
Strang Cancer Prevention Center, New York, 10021, USA
Cancer Res 56:2556-60. 1996..apoptosis in cultured epithelia] cells, an activity that is reversed by the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, sulindac sulfide...
- Sulindac-derived reactive oxygen species induce apoptosis of human multiple myeloma cells via p38 mitogen activated protein kinase-induced mitochondrial dysfunctionSung Keum Seo
Laboratory of Functional Genomics, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences, 215 4 Gongneung dong, Nowon Ku, Seoul, 139 706, Republic of Korea
Apoptosis 12:195-209. 2007..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the potential signaling components underlying sulindac-induced apoptosis in human multiple myeloma (MM) cells...
- Primary chemoprevention of familial adenomatous polyposis with sulindacFrancis M Giardiello
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 346:1054-9. 2002..The subjects received either 75 or 150 mg of sulindac orally twice a day or identical-appearing placebo tablets for 48 months...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, tolmetin and sulindac, inhibit liver tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase activity and alter brain neurotransmitter levelsA Dairam
Faculty of Pharmacy, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Life Sci 79:2269-74. 2006..In this study, we determined the effect of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, tolmetin and sulindac, on rat liver TDO activity and the subsequent changes in the hippocampal and striatal neurotransmitter levels...
- Aberrant arachidonic acid metabolism in esophageal adenocarcinogenesis, and the effects of sulindac, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, and alpha-difluoromethylornithine on tumorigenesis in a rat surgical modelXiaoxin Chen
Susan Lehman Cullman Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, 164 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway 08854, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:2095-102. 2002..b>Sulindac (a Cox inhibitor), nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA, a lipoxygenase inhibitor) and alpha-difluoromethylornithine (..
- Sulindac enhances the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib-mediated oxidative stress and anticancer activityTakae Minami
First Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:5248-56. 2005PURPOSE: The nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug sulindac is a promising chemopreventive agent against colon cancer...
- Ursodeoxycholate/Sulindac combination treatment effectively prevents intestinal adenomas in a mouse model of polyposisRussell F Jacoby
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Gastroenterology 127:838-44. 2004..epidemiological data, and clinical trials in patients with adenomatous polyposis have consistently indicated that sulindac and other nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs or cyclooxygenase inhibitors have the greatest potential efficacy ..
- Combination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha with sulindac in human carcinoma cells in vivoHiroshi Yasui
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1010:273-7. 2003..Recently, the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) sulindac and its metabolites have been shown to inhibit the NF-kappaB-mediated survival signals through inhibition of IKK-..
- Synergistic effects of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate with sulindac against colon carcinogenesis of rats treated with azoxymethaneTomokazu Ohishi
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52-1 Yada, Shizuoka 422-8526, Japan
Cancer Lett 177:49-56. 2002..b>Sulindac is also well known as a cancer-preventive agent against colon cancer, but its usage is restricted because of its ..
- Inhibition of chemically induced skin carcinogenesis by sulindac is independent of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-beta/delta (PPARbeta/delta)Dae J Kim
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences and The Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1105-12. 2006..32 g sulindac/kg diet...
- Sulindac suppresses beta-catenin expression in human cancer cellsAnjia Han
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 583:26-31. 2008b>Sulindac has been reported to be effective in suppressing tumor growth through the induction of p21WAF1/cip1 in human, animal models of colon cancer and colon cancer cells...
- Cyclooxygenase-independent induction of apoptosis by sulindac sulfone is mediated by polyamines in colon cancerNaveen Babbar
Arizona Cancer Center, and Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Program, The University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
J Biol Chem 278:47762-75. 2003b>Sulindac, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory prodrug, is metabolized into pharmacologically active sulfide and sulfone derivatives...
- Prostaglandin levels in human colorectal mucosa: effects of sulindac in patients with familial adenomatous polyposisF M Giardiello
Department of Medicine, Oncology Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Dig Dis Sci 43:311-6. 1998..specimens of flat rectal mucosa from four patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) before and after sulindac therapy and from five healthy individuals...
- Combined effect of arsenic trioxide and sulindac sulfide in A549 human lung cancer cells in vitroT T Jiang
Dept of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, Michigan 48098, USA
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 23:259-62. 2004..In this study we tested sulindac sulfide, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) to test its effects with arsenic...
- Defective acute apoptotic response to genotoxic carcinogen in small intestine of APC(Min/+) mice is restored by sulindacYing Hu
Department of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Cancer Lett 248:234-44. 2007..effect of APC loss on azoxymethane (AOM)-induced apoptosis and cell proliferation, as well as their regulation by sulindac was examined in colon and small intestine in APC(Min/+) mice...
- Sulindac enhances arsenic trioxide-mediated apoptosis by inhibition of NF-kappaB in HCT116 colon cancer cellsHye Ran Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Seoul 140 743, Korea
Oncol Rep 20:41-7. 2008..the apoptotic effect of arsenic trioxide (As2O3) on colon cancer cells could be enhanced by the addition of sulindac, HCT116 cells were treated with As2O3 (1, 5, 10 microM) and sulindac (0.5 mM), either alone or in combination...
- Genotype-phenotype correlation in murine Apc mutation: differences in enterocyte migration and response to sulindacN N Mahmoud
The New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 59:353-9. 1999..This effect was reversed upon treatment of Min/+ mice with the chemopreventive drug sulindac sulfide...
- Both PPARgamma and PPARdelta influence sulindac sulfide-mediated p21WAF1/CIP1 upregulation in a human prostate epithelial cell lineMorag C Jarvis
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Oncogene 24:8211-5. 2005Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including sulindac sulfide are known to exert cancer chemopreventative activity in a range of cell lines...
- Suppression of pancreatic tumor growth by combination chemotherapy with sulindac and LC-1 is associated with cyclin D1 inhibition in vivoMichele T Yip-Schneider
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1736-44. 2007..with NF-kappaB inhibition, enhanced the growth suppression of pancreatic cancer cells by the COX inhibitor sulindac in vitro...
- Selective inhibitors of MEK1/ERK44/42 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases potentiate apoptosis induction by sulindac sulfide in human colon carcinoma cellsYunjie Sun
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:51-9. 2005The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) sulindac prevents experimental colon cancer and can regress precancerous polyps in humans...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and oxidative stress in cancer cellsM Adachi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Histol Histopathol 22:437-42. 2007..In addition, the classical NSAIDs sulindac and aspirin are promising chemopreventive agents against colon cancer...
- Requirement of BAX for TRAIL/Apo2L-induced apoptosis of colorectal cancers: synergism with sulindac-mediated inhibition of Bcl-x(L)Rajani Ravi
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 1000, USA
Cancer Res 62:1583-7. 2002..either a peptide that disrupts the inhibitor of kappaB kinase complex or the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, sulindac sulfide...
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug activated gene (NAG-1) expression is closely related to death receptor-4 and -5 induction, which may explain sulindac sulfide induced gastric cancer cell apoptosisTae Jung Jang
Department of Pathology, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Suek jang Dong 707, Kyongju, Kyongbuk 780 714, Korea
Carcinogenesis 25:1853-8. 2004..We found that NAG-1 expression was strongly induced in SNU601 cells, which lack endogenous COX-2, by sulindac sulfide, and that this was closely related with increased apoptosis and decreased cell viability...
- p21(WAF1/cip1) is an important determinant of intestinal cell response to sulindac in vitro and in vivoW Yang
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Cancer Res 61:6297-302. 2001b>Sulindac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, inhibits intestinal tumorigenesis in humans and rodents. Sulindac induced complex alterations in gene expression, but only 0...
- Risk of cardiovascular events in a randomized placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of difluoromethylornithine plus sulindac for the prevention of sporadic colorectal adenomasJason A Zell
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:209-12. 2009..of baseline CV risk on adverse CV events in a phase III trial of difluoromethylornithine (DFMO) plus the NSAID sulindac versus placebo in preventing colorectal adenomas. Trial data were analyzed to determine baseline CV risk...
- Sulindac improves memory and increases NMDA receptor subunits in aged Fischer 344 ratsMichael H Mesches
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:315-24. 2004..b>Sulindac, an NSAID that is a nonselective cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitor was chronically administered to aged Fischer 344 ..
- Response of Apc(min) and A33 (delta N beta-cat) mutant mice to treatment with tea, sulindac, and 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP)Gayle A Orner
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, 571 Weniger Hall, Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331-6512, USA
Mutat Res 506:121-7. 2002..Res. 495 (2001) 61]. We compared the inhibitory effects of white and green teas with sulindac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent, in two different mouse models of intestinal tumorigenesis...
- Relationship between APC genotype, polyp distribution, and oral sulindac treatment in the colon and rectum of patients with familial adenomatous polyposisI Guldenschuh
Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Dis Colon Rectum 44:1090-7; discussion 1097-9. 2001..The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent sulindac has been shown to reduce the number of colorectal adenomas...
- Dietary anthocyanin-rich tart cherry extract inhibits intestinal tumorigenesis in APC(Min) mice fed suboptimal levels of sulindacGerd Bobe
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals, Department of Horticulture, and National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 44824, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:9322-8. 2006..tart cherry extract were fed in combination with suboptimal levels of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug sulindac to APCMin mice for 19 weeks...
- High-dose tamoxifen and sulindac as first-line treatment for desmoid tumorsN Julian H Sturt
Cancer 101:652; author reply 653. 2004
- Bowen's disease (squamous cell carcinoma in situ) in immunosuppressed patients treated with imiquimod 5% cream and a cox inhibitor, sulindac: potential applications for this combination of immunotherapyK J Smith
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5600, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:143-6. 2001..Patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) often have a protracted course. However, all these patients are immunosuppressed and may have a high incidence of cutaneous malignancies...
- Desmethyl derivatives of indomethacin and sulindac as probes for cyclooxygenase-dependent biologyAndrew S Felts
ACS Chem Biol 2:479-83. 2007..Potent COX inhibitors exist, but they display off-target effects. 2'-Desmethyl derivatives of indomethacin and sulindac sulfide were synthesized that demonstrated reduced COX inhibitory activity but were inducers of peroxisome ..
- Chemoprevention with special reference to inherited colorectal cancerPatrick M Lynch
Department of Gastrointestinal Medicine and Nutrition 436, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 1402, USA
Fam Cancer 7:59-64. 2008..era was ushered in by the recognition that antiarthritic doses of a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID), sulindac, could actually induce regression of colorectal adenomas in patients with FAP...
- Relationship of beta-catenin and Bcl-2 expression to sulindac-induced regression of intestinal tumors in Min miceM F McEntee
Department of Pathology and Nutrition, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901, USA
Carcinogenesis 20:635-40. 1999..We recently showed that sulindac causes regression of 70-80% of small intestinal tumors in Min/+ mice within 4 days, but does not have the same ..
- PPARdelta is an APC-regulated target of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsT C He
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cell 99:335-45. 1999..Reporters containing PPARdelta-responsive elements were repressed by the NSAID sulindac. Furthermore, sulindac was able to disrupt the ability of PPARdelta to bind its recognition sequences...
- Modulation by colony stimulating factors of human epithelial colon cancer cell apoptosisSara Calatayud
Unit of Critical Care, The Royal Brompton and Harefield N H S Trust, Imperial College School of Medicine, Sydney Street, London, SW 6NP, UK
Cytokine 20:163-7. 2002..Moreover, reduced apoptosis induced by sulindac sulfide was also observed with macrophage-CSF...
- Nitric oxide-releasing nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) alter the kinetics of human colon cancer cell lines more effectively than traditional NSAIDs: implications for colon cancer chemopreventionJ L Williams
American Health Foundation, One Dana Road, Valhalla, NY 06595
Cancer Res 61:3285-9. 2001..To assess their potential in colon cancer chemoprevention, we studied in vitro the effect of NO-aspirin, NO-sulindac, and NO-ibuprofen on colonocyte kinetics...
- Resistance to apoptosis is increased during metastatic dissemination of colon cancerL Oliver
INSERM U 419, IFR 26, Nantes, France
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:175-80. 2002..this question, we have analyzed the sensitivity to cell death induced by non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug, Sulindac, the most common drug used in colon cancer chemotherapy, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and the short chain fatty acid, ..
- Inhibition of store-operated calcium entry contributes to the anti-proliferative effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in human colon cancer cellsH Weiss
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Innsbruck and The Tyrolean Cancer Research Institute, Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Cancer 92:877-82. 2001..Acetyl-salicylic-acid (ASA), mefenamic acid (MEF) and sulindac sulfide (SUS) inhibited cell proliferation with the following order of potency: SUS > MEF >> ASA...
- The anti-invasive activity of cyclooxygenase inhibitors is regulated by the transcription factor ATF3 (activating transcription factor 3)Frank G Bottone
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, P.O. Box 12233, 111 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:693-703. 2005We previously showed that nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) such as sulindac sulfide, which has chemopreventive activity, modulate the expression of several genes detected by microarray analysis...
- Relative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) antiproliferative activity is mediated through p21-induced G1 arrest and E2F inhibitionJonathan M Bock
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:857-64. 2007..MTT assay was used to calculate IC(50) values in UM-SCC-1 cells for 10 NSAIDs, including celecoxib, rofecoxib, sulindac sulfide, sulindac sulfone, indomethacin, ketoprofen, flurbiprofen, naproxen, piroxicam, and aspirin...
- Uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation and Smac/DIABLO release are not sufficient to account for induction of apoptosis by sulindac sulfide in human colorectal cancer cellsMikael Daouphars
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie et Pharmacologie Articulaires, UMR 7561 CNRS-UHP, , , , France
Int J Oncol 26:1069-77. 2005..To assess the possible contribution of uncoupling to their antineoplastic properties, we compared the effect of sulindac sulfide (SS), an acidic NSAID and NS-398, a non-acidic tricyclic, on mitochondrial function and apoptosis in ..
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin-dehydrogenase is involved in anti-proliferative effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs COX-1 inhibitors on a human medullary thyroid carcinoma cell lineVirginie Quidville
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 606, Paris 75010, France
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 81:14-30. 2006..Here, we show that the COX-1 inhibitors, selective or not, and sulindac sulfone, a non-COX inhibitor, increased 15-PGDH activity and reduced PGE2 levels...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs inhibit growth of human neuroendocrine tumor cells via G1 cell-cycle arrestKatharina M Detjen
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie, Gastroenterologie, Endokrinologie und Stoffwechsel, , Campus Virchow Klinikum, , Berlin, Germany
Int J Cancer 107:844-53. 2003..Growth-inhibitory effects were achieved with either COX-2 selective (NS398) or unselective (indomethacin, sulindac) compounds. Cell-cycle analyses documented a G1 arrest in NSAID-treated GEP NET populations...
- [The growth inhibition of colorectal adenoma cells by sulindac and its mechanisms]Libin Huang
Department of Gastroenterology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 33:101-3. 2002OBJECTIVE: This study was conducted to assess the growth inhibition of colorectal adenoma cells by sulindac and identify the possible mechanisms...
- Lactacystin augments the sulindac-induced apoptosis in HT-29 cellsH J Choi
Department of General Surgery, Dong-A University College of Medicine, Dongdaesin-Dong, Seo Gu, Pusan 602-714, South Korea
Apoptosis 8:301-5. 2003..We employed sulindac as a NSAID, and chose the lactacystin for inhibition of proteasome activity...
- Differential effects of selective COX-2 inhibitors on cell cycle regulation and proliferation of glioblastoma cell linesAdel Kardosh
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:55-62. 2004....
- Cox-2 is needed but not sufficient for apoptosis induced by Cox-2 selective inhibitors in colon cancer cellsB Agarwal
Division of Gastroenterology, St Louis University, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63105, USA
Apoptosis 8:649-54. 2003..In contrast, sulindac sulfide (SSD) (which inhibits Cox-1 and Cox-2) 0-200 microM or sulindac sulfone (SSN) 0-500 microM (without ..
- Suppression of tumor cell invasion by cyclooxygenase inhibitors is mediated by thrombospondin-1 via the early growth response gene Egr-1Yuseok Moon
Eicosanoid Biochemistry Section, Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 111 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1551-8. 2005..the gene regulatory and anti-invasive activity of two traditional nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), sulindac sulfide and indomethacin...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibition in cancer--a blind alley or a new therapeutic reality?Ian Chau
N Engl J Med 346:1085-7. 2002
- Genetic disruption of PPARdelta decreases the tumorigenicity of human colon cancer cellsB H Park
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1650 Orleans Street, Room 590, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2598-603. 2001..These data suggest that suppression of PPARdelta expression contributes to the growth-inhibitory effects of the APC tumor suppressor...
- GATA-6 transcriptional regulation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 during NSAID-induced apoptosis in colorectal cancer cellsImad Shureiqi
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Res 62:1178-83. 2002..Ectopic GATA-6 expression blocked NSAID induction of 15-LOX-1 and apoptosis. NSAIDs down-regulate GATA-6 to transcriptionally up-regulate 15-LOX-1 and induce apoptosis in colorectal cancer cells...
- Polyamines reverse non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced toxicity in human colorectal cancer cellsAlun Hughes
Department of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 374:481-8. 2003Naproxen, sulindac and salicylate, three NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), were cytotoxic to human colorectal cancer cells in culture. Toxicity was accompanied by significant depletion of intracellular polyamine content...
- Comparison of the anti-proliferation and apoptosis-induction activities of sulindac, celecoxib, curcumin, and nifedipine in mismatch repair-deficient cell linesShu-Chen Wei
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 103:599-606. 2004..This study compared the anticancer effects of sulindac, celecoxib, curcumin, and nifedipine in MMR-deficient cell lines, in order to determine the most appropriate ..
- Treatment and survival study in the C57BL/6J-APC(Min)/+(Min) mouse with R-flurbiprofenW J Wechter
Loma Linda University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, California 92350, USA
Life Sci 66:745-53. 2000..o.d.) schedule and compares it with sulindac sulfone. The q.o.d. schedule at 10 mg/kg was equally efficacious as qd treatment at the same dose. For the q.o.d...
- Pro-apoptotic actions of exisulind and CP461 in SW480 colon tumor cells involve beta-catenin and cyclin D1 down-regulationHan Li
Cell Pathways, Inc, 702 Electronic Drive, Horsham, PA 19044, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 64:1325-36. 2002....
- Induction of apoptosis by sulindac sulfide in HL60 cells is enhanced by p21CiP1 or p27KiP1A E Ikui
Department of Medicine, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Anticancer Res 21:2297-303. 2001The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) sulindac and its derivatives induce apoptosis in a variety of carcinoma cells in vitro and display antitumor effects in vivo...
- New indene-derivatives with anti-proliferative propertiesIoanna-Maria Karaguni
Max-Planck-Institut fur Molekulare Physiologie, Dortmund, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:709-13. 2002Metabolites of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Sulindac inhibit cell proliferation by affecting several intracellular signaling pathways including the tumorigenic Ras/Raf/MAPK pathway...
- A Fas-associated death domain protein-dependent mechanism mediates the apoptotic action of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the human leukemic Jurkat cell lineZ Han
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38748-54. 2001..The NSAIDs indomethacin and sulindac sulfide have been shown to induce apoptosis of colon epithelial cancer cells by a Bax-dependent mechanism that ..
- Apoptosis induction and enhancement of cytotoxicity of anticancer drugs by celecoxib, a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, in human head and neck carcinoma cell linesSusumu Hashitani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1-1 Mukogawa-cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663-8501, Japan
Int J Oncol 23:665-72. 2003..head and neck carcinoma cell lines, SCC25, KB, HSG and HSY, in comparison with frequently used COX inhibitor sulindac. Also, we examined whether celecoxib augments the sensitivity of these cell lines to anticancer drugs such as ..
- [Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer]R Benamouzig
, , 125, rue de Stalingrad, F93000 Bobigny
Presse Med 31:124-7. 2002..THE PRINCIPLE AGENTS UNDER ASSESSMENT: Are aspirin, type 2 cyclo-oxygenase inhibitors, calcium, folic acid, certain vitamins, hormone replacement therapy for menopausal women and difluoromethylornithine (DFMO)...
- Survivin is a downstream target and effector of sulindac-sensitive oncogenic Stat3 signalling in head and neck cancerM A Scheper
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 650 W Baltimore Ave 7 North, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:632-9. 2007b>Sulindac exerts its antitumorigenic effects in oral squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) cells by modulating survivin in a Stat3-dependent manner...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induce colorectal cancer cell apoptosis by suppressing 14-3-3epsilonJun Yang Liou
University of Texas Health Science Center, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 67:3185-91. 2007..colorectal cancer apoptosis induced by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), we evaluated the effects of sulindac on 14-3-3epsilon protein expression in colorectal cancer cells...
- Sulindac inhibits beta-catenin expression in normal-appearing colon of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer and familial adenomatous polyposis patientsJan J Koornstra
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, P.O. Box 30.001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1608-12. 2005b>Sulindac reduces colorectal cancer risk in genetically susceptible humans and animals. The molecular mechanisms underlying these effects are incompletely understood...
- Apo2L/TRAIL differentially modulates the apoptotic effects of sulindac and a COX-2 selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent in Bax-deficient cellsQin He
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, NY 13210, USA
Oncogene 21:6032-40. 2002..Here we report that two different NSAIDs, sulindac sulfide and SC-'236 engage the death receptor 5 (DR5) and mitochondrial pathways to mediate apoptosis in human ..
- Sulindac sulfide-induced apoptosis involves death receptor 5 and the caspase 8-dependent pathway in human colon and prostate cancer cellsY Huang
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Cancer Res 61:6918-24. 2001b>Sulindac is the most extensively investigated clinically relevant chemopreventive nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug...
- Inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 phosphorylation and induction of apoptosis by sulindac metabolitesP L Rice
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver 80262, USA
Cancer Res 61:1541-7. 2001Regular use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and sulindac is associated with a decreased mortality from colorectal cancer...
- Proapoptotic anti-inflammatory drugsC Myers
University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Urology 57:73-6. 2001..including selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors, lipoxygenase inhibitors, and novel NSAID derivatives (eg, sulindac sulfone and R-flurbiprofen), offer the promise of oral, nontoxic agents able to control the progression of ..
- PPARgamma-mediated antineoplastic effect of NSAID sulindac on human oral squamous carcinoma cellsNikolaos G Nikitakis
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201 1586, USA
Int J Cancer 98:817-23. 2002There is strong evidence that nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) sulindac may exert a significant antineoplastic effect...
- COX-2 inhibition and colorectal cancerClaus-Henning Koehne
Berelchsleiter Internistische Onkologie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinik Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Semin Oncol 31:12-21. 2004..The role of celecoxib in cancer treatment is still evolving. Recent studies have identified a potential benefit for adding celecoxib to standard CRC chemotherapy regimens to increase their efficacy and reduce their associated toxicity...
- [Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents and prevention of colorectal adenomas and carcinomas]Hans H Raskov
Amtssygehuset i Gentofte, Kirurgisk afdeling D, Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 168:359-62. 2006
- Combined Chemoprevention in Beta-Catenin Mutant MiceGayle Orner; Fiscal Year: 2004..A combination of tea plus the NSAID sulindac was recently shown to be highly effective at preventing the formation of tumors in Apc[min] mice...
- Using Mouse Endoscopy for Evaluating Colon CancerDaniel Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use sulindac, currently being tested in an NCI multi-center pilot chemoprevention clinical trial (CPN), as a model ..
- Using Mouse Endoscopy for Evaluating Colon CancerDANIEL WILLIAM ROSENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use sulindac, currently being tested in an NCI multi-center pilot chemoprevention clinical trial (CPN), as a model ..
- Combined effects of tea plus NSAIDS towards colon cancerGayle Orner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our preliminary data shows that tea or a combination of tea plus the NSAID sulindac is highly effective at preventing the formation of tumors in Apc m/In mice...
- Dual Modality System for Imaging Colon Cancer in MiceJennifer Kehlet Barton; Fiscal Year: 2010..progress to adenoma and/or adenocarcinoma? b) Can treatment with 1-difluoromethylornithine (DFMO) and/or sulindac regress adenoma and prevent adenocarcinoma? c) What role does the RAS oncogene play in sulindac prevention of ..
- A novel mouse colon cancer model and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, chemopreventive compounds such as sulindac sulfide and S-allylmercaptocysteine are capable of inducing apoptosis in HT-29 and SW-480 colon tumor cells; ..
- Novel mouse colon cancer models and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, chemopreventive compounds such as sulindac sulfide and S-allylmercaptocysteine are capable of inducing apoptosis in HT-29 and SW-480 colon tumor cells; ..
- A novel mouse colon cancer model and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, chemopreventive compounds such as sulindac sulfide and S-allylmercaptocysteine are capable of inducing apoptosis in HT-29 and SW-480 colon tumor cells;BubRl ..
- Novel mouse colon cancer models and chemopreventionWei Dai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, chemopreventive compounds such as sulindac sulfide and S-allylmercaptocysteine are capable of inducing apoptosis in HT-29 and SW-480 colon tumor cells; ..
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF NSAIDS IN THE ELDERLYD Brater; Fiscal Year: 1992..In the former, we will use balance and clearance techniques to examine the effects of ibuprofen, sulindac and piroxicam on renal function...
- Chemoprevention of Tobacco Related Cancer in AnimalsMichael Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2004..budesonide and the farnesyl transferase inhibitor, R115777 in the lung studies and budesonide, ketoprofen and sulindac in the bladder study...
- BIOADHESIVE MICROSPHERES FOR COLON CANCER THERAPYNEJAT EGILMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Following their loading with either sulindac (a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug with antitumor activity) and/or Interleukin-12 (a potent immunostimulatory ..
- Colon Cancer Prevention with Phospho-SulindacBasil Rigas; Fiscal Year: 2009A significant development in combination chemoprevention is the use of sulindac plus difluoromethylornithine (DFMO), which was recently demonstrated to reduce the recurrence of all human colon adenomas by 69% and of advanced adenomas by ..
- Colon Cancer Prevention with Phospho-SulindacBasil Rigas; Fiscal Year: 2010A significant development in combination chemoprevention is the use of sulindac plus difluoromethylornithine (DFMO), which was recently demonstrated to reduce the recurrence of all human colon adenomas by 69% and of advanced adenomas by ..
- Characterization of a novel nuclear Rab proteinYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..expression is down-regulated by apoptosis inducing agents such as ultraviolet radiation (UV), thapsigargin and sulindac sulfide...
- Colonoscopic Analysis of Response of Murine Colon Lesions to Drug Intervention MARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..the heterogeneous inhibitory response of colon adenomas to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) sulindac as seen in humans...
- Modulation of carcinogen-metabolizing enzyzmes by sulindacHenry Ciolino; Fiscal Year: 2007..One promising colon chemopreventive agent is sulindac, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) routinely prescribed to alleviate chronic pain and inflammation...
- Characterization of a novel ER membrane protein SPOCYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thapsigargin and sulindac sulfide are known to perturb intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis by promoting ER Ca2+ pool depletion...
- Altered Arachidonic Acid Balance and Colon CancerDaniel Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3 will test the influence of cPLA2 on chemoprevention by the Cox inhibitor, sulindac. Efficacy will be evaluated in mice with normal or reduced levels of cPLA2...
- Altered Arachidonic Acid Balance and Colon CancerDANIEL WILLIAM ROSENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 will test the influence of cPLA2 on chemoprevention by the Cox inhibitor, sulindac. Efficacy will be evaluated in mice with normal or reduced levels of cPLA2...
- Enhanced Killing of Cancer Cell by Sulindac and Oxidative StressHerbert Weissbach; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Sulindac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that inhibits cyclooxygenases (COX) 1 and 2. It is a prodrug which in the body is converted to the active COX inhibitor, sulindac sulfide...
- Altered Arachidonic Acid Balance and Colon CancerDaniel Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 3 will test the influence of cPLA2 on chemoprevention by the Cox inhibitor, sulindac. Efficacy will be evaluated in mice with normal or reduced levels of cPLA2...
- Planning a Trial of Sulindac for Oral LeukoplakiaJay Boyle; Fiscal Year: 2005Funding is requested to plan a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled chemoprevention trial of sulindac for oral leukoplakia through an international collaboration between Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) ..
- SMAC in chemoprevention of colon cancerLin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, activation of SMAC and agents that mimic the function of SMAC can enhance the apoptotic response to sulindac, an NSAID commonly used in chemoprevention...
- SMAC in chemoprevention of colon cancerLin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Agents that mimic the function of SMAC can enhance the apoptotic response to sulindac, an NSAID commonly used in chemoprevention...
- SMAC in chemoprevention of colon cancerLin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, activation of SMAC and agents that mimic the function of SMAC can enhance the apoptotic response to sulindac, an NSAID commonly used in chemoprevention...
- Chemopreventive Effect of NSAIDs Against Prostate CancerBhagavathi Narayanan; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is not clear however, whether selective COX-2 inhibitors, or exisulind, a metabolic product of sulindac (NSAID), exert their potentially beneficial effects either by blocking COX-2 or by stimulating programmed cell ..
- ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOGENESIS AND ITS PREVENTIONChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) To investigate the possible inhibition of BE/EAC formation by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Sulindac, sulindac sulfone, and selective cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) inhibitors will be used to examine the roles of ..