Summary: A bridged-ring tetracyclic antidepressant that is both mechanistically and functionally similar to the tricyclic antidepressants, including side effects associated with its use.
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- The antidepressants maprotiline and fluoxetine have potent selective antiproliferative effects against Burkitt lymphoma independently of the norepinephrine and serotonin transportersSuzanne M Cloonan
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Leuk Lymphoma 51:523-39. 2010..We report that the SSRI fluoxetine and the NSRI maprotiline are potent antiproliferative agents against human Burkitt lymphoma (BL), having little effect on normal blood ..
- The antidepressants maprotiline and fluoxetine induce Type II autophagic cell death in drug-resistant Burkitt's lymphomaSuzanne M Cloonan
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Cancer 128:1712-23. 2011..We report that the antidepressants maprotiline and fluoxetine induce autophagic PCD in the chemoresistant Burkitt's lymphoma (BL) cell line DG-75, which does ..
- The synergistic interaction between morphine and maprotiline after intrathecal injection in ratsVera L A Pettersen
Programa de Pós Graduação em Cirurgia Geral da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Anesth Analg 109:1312-7. 2009..effects of the intrathecal administration of morphine with that of a nonselective (amitriptyline) or selective (maprotiline or citalopram) antidepressant drug using the thermal withdrawal test in rats...
- [Comparative observation on efficacy of jieyu pill and maprotiline in treating depression]Zhen ming Shen
5th Hospital of Tangshan City, Hebei Province 063004
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 24:415-7. 2004..To investigate the clinical efficacy, adverse reaction and safety of Jieyu pill (JYP) in treating depression...
- Central and peripheral anti-inflammatory effects of maprotiline on carrageenan-induced paw edema in ratsV Hajhashemi
Department of Pharmacology, Isfahan Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Inflamm Res 59:1053-9. 2010To explore the site of action of maprotiline, as an atypical antidepressant, on carrageenan-induced paw edema.
- The involvement of the opioidergic system in the antinociceptive mechanism of action of antidepressant compoundsA M Gray
Division of Pharmacology, The Welsh School of Pharmacy, UWC, Cardiff, Wales
Br J Pharmacol 124:669-74. 1998....
- Imipramine, mianserine and maprotiline block delayed rectifier potassium current in ventricular myocytesOscar Casis
Department of Physiology, School of Pharmacy, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain
Pharmacol Res 45:141-6. 2002Imipramine, mianserine and maprotiline are three widely used antidepressant drugs with different chemical structure...
- Effect of the antidepressant maprotiline on Ca2+ movement and proliferation in human prostate cancer cellsShu Shong Hsu
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:444-9. 20041. The effect of maprotiline, an antidepressant, on human prostate cells is unclear...
- Gender differences in the efficacy of fluoxetine and maprotiline in depressed patients: a double-blind trial of antidepressants with serotonergic or norepinephrinergic reuptake inhibition profileF Martenyi
Eli Lilly Regional Medical Center, Barichgasse 40 42, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 11:227-32. 2001..The pharmacodynamic effect of antidepressants may also show gender differences, as suggested by reports of better response of young women to non-tricyclic antidepressants...
- Comparisons of glucose-insulin homeostasis following maprotiline and fluoxetine treatment in depressed malesYi Chyan Chen
Department of Psychiatry, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Affect Disord 103:257-61. 2007..To investigate the effects of antidepressants on glucose-insulin homeostasis, we provided homogenous situation and performed standard procedures to assess the interactions of antidepressants and glucose regulation during hospitalization...
- Neuroleptic malignant-like syndrome due to donepezil and maprotilineNorio Ohkoshi
Department of Neurology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan ohkoshin md tsukuba ac jp
Neurology 60:1050-1. 2003
- Atypical tetracyclic antidepressant maprotiline is an antagonist at cardiac hERG potassium channelsClaudia Kiesecker
Department of Cardiology, Medical University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 350, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 373:212-20. 2006b>Maprotiline is an antidepressant compound with an atypical tetracyclic structure that is widely used in elderly patients due to its favourable side-effect profile...
- Inhibition of cardiac HERG potassium channels by antidepressant maprotilineTania Ferrer-Villada
Unidad de Investigación Carlos Méndez del Centro Universitario de Investigaciones Biomédicas de la Universidad de Colima, Apdo Postal 199, C P 28000, Colima, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 531:1-8. 2006..block of human ether-a-go-go-related gene (HERG) K+ channels expressed in cells HEK-293 and Xenopus oocytes by maprotiline. The IC50 determined at 0 mV on HERG expressed HEK-293 cell and oocytes was 5.2 and 23.7 microM, respectively...
- Combination of clozapine and maprotiline in refractory psychotic depressionM Hrdlicka
Department of Psychiatry, Charles University, Second Medical School, V Uvalu 84, 15006, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur Psychiatry 17:484. 2002
- Cardiovascular effects of fluvoxamine and maprotiline in depressed patientsW Hewer
Neurobiology Unit, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:1-6. 1995..In the present study the cardiovascular effects of fluvoxamine and maprotiline were compared in a double-blind trial in which the quantitative changes in ECGs were assessed before and during ..
- [Antidepressants with different action mechanisms in the treatment of chronic daily headache]A V Amelin
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 107:38-44. 2007..inhibitor of serotonin reuptake), milnacipran (selective inhibitor of serotonin and noradrenalin reuptake) and maprotiline (selective inhibitor of noradrenalin reuptake) have been compared during the treatment of 120 patients with ..
- Effects of noradrenaline and serotonin reuptake inhibitors on pituitary-adrenocortical and sympatho-adrenomedullar system of adult ratsSladjana Dronjak
Institute of Nuclear of Sciences Vinca, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 28:614-20. 2007..activity of pituitary-adrenocortical and sympatho-adrenomedullar systems in animals, we compared the effects of maprotiline (a selective inhibitor of noradrenaline reuptake) and fluxilan (a selective inhibitor of serotonin reuptake) on ..
- [Review of pharmacological efficacies and side effects of antidepressants]Atsuko Ikenouchi-Sugita
Department of Psychiatry, University of Occupational and Environmental Health
Nihon Rinsho 65:1633-7. 2007..Clinicians should select antidepressants considering their pharmacologic profiles and avoiding adverse effects...
- Maprotiline induced weight gain in depressive disorder: changes in circulating ghrelin and adiponectin levels and insulin sensitivityMurat Pinar
Tatvan Military Hospital, Internal Medicine Service, Tatvan Bitlis, Turkey
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:135-9. 2008..We investigated the relation of maprotiline induced weight gain to serum ghrelin and adiponectin levels, as well as insulin resistance in lean subjects ..
- Mouse strain differences in the unpredictable chronic mild stress: a four-antidepressant surveyIpek Yalcin
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, France
Behav Brain Res 193:140-3. 2008..drugs including the tricyclics imipramine (20 mg/(kgday)) and desipramine (10 mg/(kgday)), the tetracyclic maprotiline (20 mg/(kgday)) and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) fluoxetine (10mg/(kgday)) in both Swiss ..
- [QT prolongation and torsade de pointes tachycardia during therapy with maprotiline. Differential diagnostic and therapeutic aspects]S Lentini
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II,
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 126:1396-400. 2001..In addition, there had been long-term anti-depressant therapy with the tetracyclic agent maprotiline. INVESTIGATIONS: Torsade de pointes tachycardia was documented in the electrocardiograms...
- Age-dependent interactive changes in serotonergic and noradrenergic cortical axon terminals in F344 ratsSadamu Nakai
Department of Basic Gerontology, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, 36 3 Gengo, Morioka, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Neurosci Res 54:220-9. 2006..We also used noradrenaline uptake inhibitor (maprotiline) to verify the effects of NA on degeneration of 5-HT axons...
- Maprotiline block of the human ether-a-go-go-related gene (HERG) K+ channelSu Hyun Jo
Department of Physiology, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University College of Medicine, Chuncheon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:453-60. 2007b>Maprotiline, an atypical antidepressant, can induce prolonged QT and torsades de pointes. We studied the effects of maprotiline on human ether-a-go-go-related gene (HERG) channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes and HEK293 cells...
- Are the effects of the antidepressants amitriptyline, maprotiline, and fluoxetine on inhibitory avoidance state-dependent?M Carmen Arenas
Department of Psychobiology, University of Valencia, Blasco Ibanez 21, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Behav Brain Res 166:150-8. 2006..The present work was designed to investigate whether the antidepressants amitriptyline (30 mg/kg), maprotiline (25 mg/kg), and fluoxetine (15 mg/kg) produce SDL of the inhibitory avoidance conditioning in male and female ..
- Chronic inhibition of the norepinephrine transporter in the brain participates in seizure sensitization to cocaine and local anestheticsShigeaki Arai
Department of Dental Pharmacology, Division of Integrated Medical Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Kasumi 1 2 3, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Brain Res 964:83-90. 2003..Daily treatments of desipramine and maprotiline, selective norepinephrine uptake inhibitors, markedly increased the incidence and intensity of lidocaine-..
- Falling spells associated with antidepressant drug treatmentR Winter
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 241:314-6. 1992..Further factors predisposing to the falling spells remain to be defined...
- Reduction of Submissive Behavior Model for antidepressant drug activity testing: study using a video-tracking systemAlbert Pinhasov
CNS Research Team, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C Spring House, Pennsylvania 19477 0776, USA
Behav Pharmacol 16:657-64. 2005..with manual scoring, and to extend those results to studies with other drugs, including the antidepressant maprotiline and the delta-opioid antagonist naltrindole, which is not known to have antidepressant activity...
- Changes in AMPA subunit expression in the mouse brain after chronic treatment with the antidepressant maprotiline: a link between noradrenergic and glutamatergic function?Chay Hoon Tan
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, 119260, Singapore, Singapore
Exp Brain Res 170:448-56. 2006..expression of AMPA receptor subunits in different brain regions of mice that had been chronically injected with maprotiline. The latter is a modified tricyclic antidepressant that functions as a noradrenaline uptake inhibitor...
- Synthesis and C-11 labeling of three potent norepinephrine transporter selective ligands ((R)-nisoxetine, lortalamine, and oxaprotiline) for comparative PET studies in baboonsKuo Shyan Lin
Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Bldg 555, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 13:4658-66. 2005..These C-11 labeled tracers allowed us to carry out comparative studies of NET in baboons with positron emission tomography (PET) and evaluate their potential as PET tracers for imaging brain NET...
- [Placebo to antidepressant effects ratio by electroencephalographic data]V K Bochkarev
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 104:42-8. 2004An analysis of EEG spectral characteristics of placebo effect and antidepressant (fluoxetine, maprotiline) monotherapy in patients with mild or moderate depressive episodes (ICD-10) has been conducted...
- Acute effects of maprotiline on learning, anxiety, activity and analgesia in male and female miceConcepcion Vinader-Caerols
Department of Psychobiology, University of Valencia, Blasco Ibanez 21, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 66:23-31. 2006The acute effects of maprotiline (2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 mg/kg) on learning, anxiety, activity and analgesia in male and female mice were evaluated...
- Chronic treatment with antidepressants decreases intraoperative core hypothermiaAkira Kudoh
Department of Anesthesiology, Hirosaki National Hospital, Japan
Anesth Analg 97:275-9, table of contents. 2003..of the patients treated with clomipramine tended to be higher than that of the patients treated with maprotiline. In conclusion, intraoperative core hypothermia in chronically depressed patients was decreased...
- Current perception thresholds of patients with long-term administration of maprotilineA Kudoh
Department of Anesthesiology, Hirosaki National Hospital, Hirosaki, Japan
Pharmacopsychiatry 36:57-60. 2003..evaluate sensory nerve function using current perception thresholds (CPTs) in patients who were administrated maprotiline. Twelve patients with post-herpetic neuralgia and 20 control subjects were studied...
- Differential effects of K(ATP) channel blockers on [(3)H]-noradrenaline overflow after short- and long-term exposure to (+)-oxaprotiline or desipramineKlaus Eckhardt
Sektion Klinische Neuropharmakologie, Neurologische Universitatsklinik Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 64, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:168-75. 2003..The unexpected effect of longer exposure to uptake blockers could be somehow related to the clinical time latency of the antidepressant efficacy of monoamine uptake blockers...
- Comparative evaluation of positron emission tomography radiotracers for imaging the norepinephrine transporter: (S,S) and (R,R) enantiomers of reboxetine analogs ([11C]methylreboxetine, 3-Cl-[11C]methylreboxetine and [18F]fluororeboxetine), (R)-[11C]nisoxYu Shin Ding
Chemistry Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
J Neurochem 94:337-51. 2005..Thus, to our knowledge (S,S)-[11C]MRB remains by far the most promising NET ligand for PET studies...
- Serotonin syndrome due to association of venlafaxine, maprotiline and reboxetineJosé Manuel Bertolín-Guillén
Eur Psychiatry 19:456-7. 2004
- Tricyclic antidepressants, QT interval prolongation, and torsade de pointesW Victor R Vieweg
Department of Psychiatry, Cardiology Division, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23238 5414, USA
Psychosomatics 45:371-7. 2004..Case reports identify amitriptyline and maprotiline as the tricyclic antidepressants most likely to provoke torsade de pointes...
- Quantitative determination of forty-eight antidepressants and antipsychotics in human serum by HPLC tandem mass spectrometry: a multi-level, single-sample approachH Kirchherr
Medical Laboratory Bremen, Haferwende 12, D 28359 Bremen, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 843:100-13. 2006..flupentixol, fluphenazine, fluvoxamine, haloperidol, hydroxyrisperidone, imipramine, levomepromazine, maprotiline, mianserine, mirtazapine, moclobemide, norclomipramine, nordoxepin, norfluoxetine, nortriptyline, O-..
- Involvement of norepinephrine neurons in the hypothermia induced by intracerebroventricular administration of 6-hydroxydopamine in mice, evidenced by antidepressantsI Leroux-Nicollet
Unité de Neuropsychopharmacologie Expérimentale, U A 1170 du C N R S, U F R de Médecine et Pharmacie de Rouen, Saint Etienne du Rouvray, France
J Neural Transm 74:17-27. 1988..hypothermia is partly antagonized by norepinephrine uptake inhibitors (desipramine, nomifensine, viloxazine, maprotiline, protryptiline), as well as amfonelic acid...
- Effects of psychotropic drugs on seizure thresholdFrancesco Pisani
Department of Neurosciences and of Psychiatric and Anaesthesiological Sciences, First Neurological Clinic, The University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Drug Saf 25:91-110. 2002..converges on the following: seizures triggered by psychotropic drugs are a dose-dependent adverse effect; maprotiline and clomipramine among antidepressants and chlorpromazine and clozapine among antipsychotics that have a ..
- A comparative solid-phase extraction study for the simultaneous determination of fluoxetine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, trimipramine, maprotiline, clomipramine, and trazodone in whole blood by capillary gas-liquid chromatography with nitrogen-phosphoruM A Martinez
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Toxicology, Ministry of Justice, C Luis Cabrera 9, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Anal Toxicol 27:353-8. 2003..the simultaneous detection of the seven antidepressants fluoxetine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, trimipramine, maprotiline, clomipramine, and trazodone in whole blood at concentration levels of 100-2000 ng/mL by gas chromatography ..
- Solid-phase extraction and analysis of 20 antidepressant drugs in human plasma by LC/MS with SSI methodTatsuo Shinozuka
Department of Central Research Laboratory, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 162:108-12. 2006..amitriptyline, desipramine, trimipramine, nortriptyline, clomipramine, amoxapine, lofepramine, dosulepin, maprotiline, mianserin, setiptiline, trazodone, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, milnacipran, sulpiride, tandspirone, ..
- SSRIS versus tricyclic antidepressants in depressed inpatients: a meta-analysis of efficacy and tolerabilityI M Anderson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom
Depress Anxiety 7:11-7. 1998..and amitriptyline) and those with predominantly noradrenaline reuptake (imipramine, desipramine and maprotiline), only the dual action TCAs had greater efficacy than SSRIs (effect size = -0.30, 95% CI -0.54 to -0.05, P = 0...
- Tianeptine: a review of its use in depressive disordersA J Wagstaff
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 15:231-59. 2001..Comparison with maprotiline indicated superior efficacy for tianeptine but dothiepin appeared superior in another study...
- Effects of zimeldine and its metabolites, clomipramine, imipramine and maprotiline in experimental allergic neuritis in Lewis ratsB O Bengtsson
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Neuroimmunol 39:109-22. 1992..its metabolites norzimeldine and CPP 200 as well as of the antidepressants clomipramine, imipramine and maprotiline on in vitro immune response were tested...
- The interaction of antidepressant drugs with enteric 5-HT7 receptorsA Lucchelli
Department of Experimental and Applied Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Pavia, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 362:284-9. 2000In this study the functional interaction of the antidepressant drugs amitriptyline, mianserin, maprotiline, imipramine, fluoxetine and the putative antidepressant drug flibanserin has been studied on 5-HT7-mediated responses to 5-..
- An investigation of monoamine receptors involved in antinociceptive effects of antidepressantsFumiko Yokogawa
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Anesth Analg 95:163-8, table of contents. 2002..Antidepressants acting as potent inhibitors of norepinephrine reuptake (nisoxetine, nortriptyline, and maprotiline) or inhibiting reuptake of both norepinephrine and serotonin (5-HT) (imipramine and milnacipran) induced dose-..
- Aldehyde oxidase activity and inhibition in hepatocytes and cytosolic fractions from mouse, rat, monkey and humanJasminder Sahi
CELLZDIRECT, 4301 Emperor Blvd, Durham, North Carolina 27703, USA
Drug Metab Lett 2:176-83. 2008..e. raloxifene, perphenazine, menadione, maprotiline, ketoconazole, erythromycin, and estradiol...
- Clinical trials with hypericum extracts in patients with depression--results, comparisons, conclusions for therapy with antidepressant drugsVolker Schulz
Phytomedicine 9:468-74. 2002..in water (V/V), of which six were placebo-controlled, two compared Hypericum with imipramine and one each with maprotiline, amitriptyline, sertraline or light therapy. Dosages ranged from 450-1200 mg extract per day...
- Dothiepin. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic efficacy in depressive illnessS G Lancaster
ADIS Drug Information Services, Manchester, England
Drugs 38:123-47. 1989..In addition, dothiepin appears to be comparable to imipramine, doxepin, maprotiline, mianserin, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine and trazodone...
- Development and preliminary application of high-performance liquid chromatographic assay of urinary metabolites of diazepam in humansK Chiba
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo
J Chromatogr B Biomed Appl 668:77-84. 1995..None of 22 drugs and 17 metabolites, except for mianserin, maprotiline and imipramine N-oxide, interfered with the detection of DZP metabolites...
- Effects of selective adrenoceptor agonists and antagonists on aggressive behavior elicited by apomorphine, DL-dopa and fusaric acid in REM-sleep-deprived ratsL R Troncone
Servico de Farmacologia, Instituto Butantan, Paulo, Brasil
Physiol Behav 50:173-8. 1991..with phentolamine, propranolol, metaraminol, prazosin, clonidine, yohimbine, isoproterenol, butoxamine and maprotiline. Only isoproterenol reduced FA-induced aggressiveness...
- Inhibition of the cardiac L-type calcium channel current by antidepressant drugsIvan Zahradnik
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vlarska 5, 833 34 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:977-84. 2008..33 Hz, the antidepressants imipramine, clomipramine, desipramine, amitriptyline, maprotiline, citalopram, and dibenzepin blocked I(Ca), with IC(50) values of 8.3, 11.6, 11.7, 23.2, 31.0, 64.5, and 364 muM...
- [Application of liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (LC/MS) to determine antidepressants in blood samples]Ewa Pufal
Katedry Medycyny Sadowej UMK w Toruniu, Collegium Medicum im Ludwika Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 58:171-6. 2008..twelve antidepressant drugs (amitriptyline, chlorpromazine, clomipramine, doxepin, fluoxetine, levomepromazine, maprotiline, paroxetine, perazine, promazine, sertraline, thioridazine) in blood samples was developed using high-..
- Effect of pharmacologically selective antidepressants on serotonin uptake in rat plateletsZ Fisar
Department of Psychiatry, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Ke Karlovu 11, 120 00 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Gen Physiol Biophys 24:113-28. 2005..Laboratory rats were administered norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (desipramine, maprotiline), selective 5-HT reuptake inhibitor (citalopram), reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitor (moclobemide), and ..
- Destruction of dopaminergic neurons in the midbrain by 6-hydroxydopamine decreases hippocampal cell proliferation in rats: reversal by fluoxetineKatsuaki Suzuki
Osaka Hamamatsu Joint Research Center for Child Mental Development, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e9260. 2010..effects of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) fluoxetine and the selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor maprotiline on the reduction in cell proliferation in the subgranular zone (SGZ) by the unilateral 6-OHDA lesion.
- Potential utility of histamine H3 receptor antagonist pharmacophore in antipsychoticsY von Coburg
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Institut fur Pharmazeutische Chemie, Biozentrum, ZAFES CMP, Max von Laue Strasse 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:538-42. 2009..The 4-(3-piperidinopropoxy)phenyl pharmacophore moiety has been linked to amitriptyline, maprotiline, chlorpromazine, chlorprothixene, fluphenazine, and clozapine...
- Relationships among endocrine and signaling-related responses to antidepressants in human monocytic U-937 blood cells: analysis of factors and response patternsStefan Gebhardt
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Philipps University of Marburg, Rudolf Bultmann Strasse 8, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1682-7. 2008Antidepressants (AD) (desipramine, imipramine, maprotiline, mirtazapine) and corticosteroid (CS) were examined for their effects on gene expression in human monocytic U-937 blood cells...
- Determination of antidepressants in human postmortem blood, brain tissue, and hair using gas chromatography-mass spectrometrySarah M R Wille
Laboratory of Toxicology, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Legal Med 123:451-8. 2009..mirtazapine, viloxazine, venlafaxine, citalopram, mianserin, reboxetine, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, maprotiline, melitracen, paroxetine, desmethylfluoxetine, desmethylmianserin, desmethylmirtazapine, desmethylsertraline, ..
- Effect of long-term administration of antidepressants on the lipid composition of brain plasma membranesZ Fisar
Department of Psychiatry, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Ke Karlovu 11, 120 00 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Gen Physiol Biophys 24:221-36. 2005..Laboratory rats were given desipramine, maprotiline, citalopram, moclobemide or lithium for a 4-week period...
- A new method for simultaneous determination of cyclic antidepressants and their metabolites in urine using enzymatic hydrolysis and fast GC-MSSumandeep Rana
Redwood Toxicology Laboratory, Santa Rosa, California 95403, USA
J Anal Toxicol 32:355-63. 2008..used for quantitation of amitriptyline, nortriptyline, imipramine, desipramine, doxepin, desmethyldoxepin, and maprotiline in human urine, in addition to the qualitative determination of their hydroxylated metabolites...
- Antidepressant-like effects of neferine in the forced swimming test involve the serotonin1A (5-HT1A) receptor in miceYumi Sugimoto
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Yokohama College of Pharmacy, Matano cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama, 245 0066, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 634:62-7. 2010..dose effects of neferine in the forced swimming test were almost equal to those of the typical antidepressants maprotiline and imipramine. The involvement of the 5-HT receptor subtypes was also studied using 5-HT receptor antagonists...
- Lofepramine. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic efficacy in depressive illnessS G Lancaster
ADIS Drug Information Services, Manchester, England
Drugs 37:123-40. 1989..overall therapeutic efficacy of lofepramine is comparable to that of imipramine, amitriptyline, clomipramine, maprotiline and mianserin in patients with depression of varying severity, and coexisting anxiety...
- Berberine produces antidepressant-like effects in the forced swim test and in the tail suspension test in miceWen Huang Peng
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, 91, Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 81:933-8. 2007..the combination of the desipramine [DES, an inhibitor of reuptake of noradrenaline (NA) and serotonin (5-HT)], maprotiline (MAP, selective NA reuptake inhibitor), fluoxetine (FLU, selective 5-HT reuptake inhibitor) and moclobemide [..
- Semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase (SSAO) in the brainToshio Obata
Department of Pharmacology, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Japan
Neurochem Res 27:263-8. 2002..SSAO in monkey brain was observed by tricyclic antidepressant drug imipramine, as compared to tetracyclic drug maprotiline or non-cyclic drug nomifensine...
- Trimipramine, anxiety, depression and sleepJ C Pecknold
Douglas Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Drugs 38:25-31; discussion 49-50. 1989..Further controlled trials showed superior anxiolytic efficacy of trimipramine to amitriptyline and doxepin with comparable anxiolytic efficacy of trimipramine with maprotiline. All agents had equal antidepressant effects.
- Different pharmacological interaction of clonidine and guanabenz with antidepressive drugsJ S Gutkind
Catedra de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Exp Hypertens A 9:1531-47. 1987..The acute pretreatment (1 mg.kg-1) with desipramine (DMI), maprotiline (MAP) and mianserin (MIA) reduced the hypotensive and bradycardiac responses induced by CLO (10 micrograms...
- Psychotropic drugs associated with corrected QT interval prolongationCharlotte van Noord
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:9-15. 2009....
- [Effects of electroacupuncture on behavior, plasma COR and expressions of PKA and PKC in hippocampus of the depression model rat]Fan Lu
Medical College, Xiamen University, Fujian, and Xiamen City Hospital of TCM, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:214-8. 2008..To probe into the mechanism of acupuncture for treatment of depression...
- Paroxetine. An update of its pharmacology and therapeutic use in depression and a review of its use in other disordersN S Gunasekara
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 55:85-120. 1998..those with placebo and similar to those achieved with other agents including tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), maprotiline, nefazodone and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) fluoxetine, fluvoxamine and sertraline...
- In vitro autoradiography and in vivo evaluation in cynomolgus monkey of [18F]FE-PE2I, a new dopamine transporter PET radioligandAndrea Varrone
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Stockholm, Sweden
Synapse 63:871-80. 2009..was observed in caudate and putamen that was selectively abolished by GBR12909 or beta-CIT but not by maprotiline. High doses of citalopram (>5 microM) also inhibited [18F]FE-PE2I binding in the striatum...
- Serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors in animal models of painDaisuke Mochizucki
Asahi Kasei Pharma, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 19:S15-9. 2004..formalin into the paw of a rodent, inhibitors of noradrenaline reuptake such as nisoxetine, nortriptyline and maprotiline and dual inhibitors of the noradrenaline and serotonin reuptake such as imipramine and milnacipran produce ..
- [Psychotropic drug-induced change of weight: a review]T Drieling
Abt für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychosomatik Freiburg Direktor Univ Prof Dr med M Berger
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 75:65-80. 2007..The purpose of this study is to give a systematic review of change of weight associated with commonly used psychotropic drugs...
- The promises and pitfalls of reboxetineMichelle E Page
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
CNS Drug Rev 9:327-42. 2003..b>Maprotiline, a non-tricyclic compound, is also a NE selective reuptake inhibitor...
- A clinical flow cytometric biomarker strategy: validation of peripheral leukocyte phospholipidosis using Nile redBartley W Halstead
Toxicology and Drug Disposition, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
J Appl Toxicol 26:169-77. 2006..Replicate studies with model test compounds were conducted in which F344 rats were given 4 or 7 doses of either maprotiline hydrochloride, imipramine hydrochloride, tilorone dihydrochloride, amikacin hydrate or vehicle control...
- [11C]LBT-999: a suitable radioligand for investigation of extra-striatal dopamine transporter with PETWadad Saba
CEA, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, DRM DSV, Orsay, France
Synapse 61:17-23. 2007..v.) or the norepinephrine transporter antagonist maprotiline (5 mg/kg i.v.) had no effect on LBT specific binding. Pharmacological challenge with PE2I (1 mg/kg i.v...
- Tandem regulation of phosphoinositide signaling and acute behavioral effects induced by antidepressant agents in ratsKimberly R Tyeryar
Laboratory of Integrative Neuropharmacology, Programs in Neuroscience and Molecular Medicine, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201 1075, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:271-82. 2007..Thus, cross talk between antidepressant-induced CDP-diacylglycerol and 5HT(2) signaling could contribute to the antidepressant mechanism...
- Effects of repeated maprotiline and fluoxetine treatment on gene expression of catecholamine synthesizing enzymes in adrenal medulla of unstressed and stressed ratsN Spasojevic
Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinca, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 30:213-7. 20101 Repeated maprotiline (a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor) and fluoxetine (a serotonin reuptake inhibitor) treatment on gene expression of catecholamine biosynthetic enzymes were examined in adrenal medulla of unstressed control and ..
- Antidepressant-like effects of mild hypoxia preconditioning in the learned helplessness model in ratsElena Rybnikova
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Makarova 6, 199034 St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Neurosci Lett 417:234-9. 2007..The findings suggest hypoxic preconditioning as an effective tool for the prophylaxis of post-stress affective pathologies in humans...
- Mood disorders in patients with epilepsy: epidemiology and managementCynthia L Harden
Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
CNS Drugs 16:291-302. 2002..Among these agents, citalopram has a low risk of interactions with AEDs. Bupropion, clomipramine and maprotiline are associated with a greater risk of seizures compared with other antidepressants and consequently should be ..
- Inhibition of monoamine oxidase within monoaminergic neurons in the rat brain by (E)-beta-fluoromethylene-m-tyrosine (MDL 72394)I Fagervall
Department of Neuropharmacology, Astra Alab AB, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Neurochem 52:467-71. 1989..or [14C]dopamine (DA) in the absence and presence of the selective amine uptake inhibitors citalopram (5-HT), maprotiline (NA), and GBR 12909 (DA)...
- Duration and adherence of antidepressant treatment (2003 to 2007) based on prescription databaseM C Serna
Regional Primary Care Management Office, Catalan Institute of Health, University of Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 25:206-13. 2010..Many patients discontinue antidepressant therapy long before the six-month minimum duration recommended for the treatment of major depression and many other diagnoses...
- Is iprindole an indirect betamimetic drug?H Ganry
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, Nantes, France
Neuropsychobiology 20:187-93. 1988..In an acute dose, iprindole potentiates the effect of maprotiline on yohimbine toxicity...
- Pharmacological and neurochemical characterization of the involvement of hippocampal adrenoreceptor subtypes in the modulation of acute limbic seizuresRalph Clinckers
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Drug Analysis and Drug Information, Research Group Experimental Pharmacology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Neurochem 115:1595-607. 2010..The noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor maprotiline mediated anticonvulsant effects, associated with dose-dependent increases in extracellular hippocampal ..
- Cytochrome P450 enzymes contributing to demethylation of maprotiline in manLars Brachtendorf
Institute for Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Koln, Germany
Pharmacol Toxicol 90:144-9. 2002From case reports of patients treated with the tetracyclic antidepressant drug maprotiline, it appears that this drug is subject to polymorphic metabolism...
- The anxiolytic-like effect of MCI-225, a selective NA reuptake inhibitor with 5-HT3 receptor antagonismJ Eguchi
Pharmaceuticals Research Laboratory I, Yokohama Research Center Mitsubishi Tokyo Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Yokohama, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 68:677-83. 2001..this study, we investigated the effect of MCI-225 in anxiety models in comparison with diazepam, ondansetron, maprotiline, imipramine, and trazodone. In social interaction (SI) test in rats, MCI-225 (10 and 30 mg/kg, p.o...
- Epileptogenic drugs: a systematic reviewClaudio Ruffmann
Centro per l Epilessia e Clinica Neurologica, Università Bicocca, Monza, Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Neurother 6:575-89. 2006..Drugs with intermediate epileptogenic potential include propofol, maprotiline, tricyclic antidepressants and chlorambucil...
- Neuroprotective effects of psychotropic drugs in Huntington's diseaseEdward C Lauterbach
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Mercer University School of Medicine, 655 First Street, Macon, GA 31201, USA
Int J Mol Sci 14:22558-603. 2013..mitochondrial protection (haloperidol, trifluoperazine, imipramine, desipramine, nortriptyline, maprotiline, trazodone, sertraline, venlafaxine, melatonin), neurogenesis (lithium, valproate, fluoxetine, sertraline), and ..
- [The feasible applications of hypoxic preconditioning for prevention of post-stress depressive episodes]E A Rybnikova
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 107:43-8. 2007....
- [Evaluation of antidepressant activity in a model of depressionlike state due to social isolation in rats]P D Shabanov
Eksp Klin Farmakol 68:11-5. 2005..A comparative study of three antidepressants with different mechanism of action (maprotiline, fluoxetine, tianeptine) on this model showed that tianeptine possessed the most pronounced antidepressant ..
- Quantitative microtiter fibronectin fibrillogenesis assay: use in high throughput screening for identification of inhibitor compoundsBianca R Tomasini-Johansson
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Biomolecular Chemistry and Medicine, Madison, WI 53706, United States
Matrix Biol 31:360-7. 2012..to inhibit FN assembly; two (piperlongumine and cantharidin) are promoters of cancer cell apoptosis; and three (maprotiline, CGS12066B, and aposcopolamine) are modulators of biogenic amine signaling...
- Tricyclic antidepressants as long-acting local anestheticsYukari Sudoh
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Pain 103:49-55. 2003Amitriptyline, nortriptyline, imipramine, doxepin, desipramine, protriptyline, trimipramine, and maprotiline are tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) used orally in treating major depressive disorders...
- [A case of major depressive disorder barely distinguishable from narcissistic personality disorder]Shinnosuke Saito
Department of Psychiatry, Jichi Medical University
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 115:363-71. 2013..treatment, mainly with supportive psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy including antidepressants (high dose of maprotiline combined with low dose of mirtazapine), sodium valprote and aripiprazole, finally improved not only his ..
- Disturbed Ca2+ signaling and apoptosis of medium spiny neurons in Huntington's diseaseTie Shan Tang
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2602-7. 2005..and can be prevented by MPTP blockers such as bongkrekic acid, Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Trifluoperazine, and Maprotiline. These findings describe a pathway directly linking disturbed Ca2+ signaling and degeneration of MSN in the ..
- Social phobia following maprotiline: the first case reportSeyed Hamzeh Hosseini
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Mazandaran, Iran
Cases J 2:9340. 2009..The aim of this report is to present a patient who experienced social phobia following maprotiline, an adverse drug reaction which has not been reported previously with this agent.
- Glucose dysregulation associated with antidepressant agents: an analysis of 17 published case reportsStar Khoza
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A1900, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Int J Clin Pharm 33:484-92. 2011..The aim of this review is to provide a descriptive analysis of the demographic and clinical characteristics of published glucose dysregulation case reports following initiation of antidepressant agents...
- Do alpha2-adrenoceptors play an integral role in the antinociceptive mechanism of action of antidepressant compounds?A M Gray
Department of Pharmacology, The Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 378:161-8. 1999..It is probable, however, that other differing pharmacological properties of some antidepressants, such as opioid-like activity, may complicate any empirical correlation between monoamine uptake and analgesia...
- TMD chronic pain and masseter silent period in psychiatric patients on antidepressive therapyN Ivkovic
Division of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of East Sarajevo, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzogovinia
J Oral Rehabil 35:424-32. 2008..hospitalized psychiatric depressive patients on antidepressive therapy protocol (tetracyclic antidepressant-maprotiline and anxiolytic-diazepam) (n=30) and non-psychiatric patients seeking prosthodontic treatment (control group, n=..
- Perceived parenting pattern and response to antidepressants in patients with major depressionK Sakado
Department of Psychiatry, Niigata University School of Medicine, Niigata, Japan
J Affect Disord 52:59-66. 1999....
- Diverse antidepressants increase CDP-diacylglycerol production and phosphatidylinositide resynthesis in depression-relevant regions of the rat brainKimberly R Tyeryar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jefferson School of Pharmacy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:12. 2008..measured in response to the tricyclics desipramine and imipramine, the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors fluoxetine and paroxetine, the atypical antidepressants maprotiline and nomifensine, and several monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- Older versus newer antidepressants: substance P or calcium antagonism?C Boselli
Department of Experimental and Applied Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Pavia, Viale Taramelli 14, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 85:1004-11. 2007..Clomipramine, fluoxetine, maprotiline, and amitriptyline (all at 3 mumol/L) flattened the concentration-response curves to SP, resulting in a ..
- Role of norepinephrine and the amygdala in drug relapseMATTHEW FELTENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Radiotracer R and D in Nuclear Medicine and NeuroscienceYu Shin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- BETTER ANTIRETROVIRAL ADHERENCE: HIV+ AMPHETAMINE USERSJ Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT IN MENOPAUSAL WOMEN WITH EPILEPSYCynthia Harden; Fiscal Year: 2002..The outcome of this study will be determined by comparing seizure frequency in the baseline phase with the treated phase between placebo and hormone treated groups. ..