Genomes and Genes
Summary: Sterile solutions, essentially free from foreign particles and suitably compounded and dispensed, for instillation into the eye. It does not include solutions for cleaning eyeglasses or CONTACT LENS SOLUTIONS. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- Preservatives in eyedrops: the good, the bad and the uglyChristophe Baudouin
Department of Ophthalmology III, Quinze Vingts National Ophthalmology Hospital, INSERM, U968, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 968, Institut de la Vision, CNRS, UMR_7210, Paris F 75012, France
Prog Retin Eye Res 29:312-34. 2010..roles of the active compound and the preservative in inducing the toxic and/or proinflammatory effects of ophthalmic solutions, is still being debated...
- Improved systemic safety and risk-benefit ratio of topical 0.1% timolol hydrogel compared with 0.5% timolol aqueous solution in the treatment of glaucomaHannu Uusitalo
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, P O Box 1777, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1491-6. 2006..The purpose of the study was to compare the systemic safety and risk-benefit ratio of 0.1% timolol hydrogel and 0.5% aqueous timolol eye drops in the treatment of glaucoma...
- [Topical prostaglandins influence over cornea--preliminary report]Joanna Wierzbowska
Kliniki Okulistycznej, Wojskowego Instytutu Medycznego w Warszawie
Klin Oczna 108:479-81. 2006..The impact of CCT on the readings of intraocular pressure and the aspect of diurnal fluctuations of CCT were also emphasized...
- Management and therapy of dry eye disease: Report of the Management and Therapy Subcommittee of the International Dry Eye WorkShop (2007)Stephen C Pflugfelder
Ocul Surf 5:163-78. 2007..the recommendations of the Subcommittee are based on a modification of the ITF severity grading scheme, and suggested treatments were chosen from a menu of therapies for which evidence of therapeutic effect had been presented...
- Occludin gene expression as an early in vitro sign for mild eye irritation assessmentMarisa Meloni
VitroScreen, In Vitro Research Laboratories, Milano, Italy
Toxicol In Vitro 24:276-85. 2010....
- Evaluation of the cytotoxic effects of ophthalmic solutions containing benzalkonium chloride on corneal epithelium using an organotypic 3-D modelSu Khoh-Reiter
Drug Safety Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
BMC Ophthalmol 9:5. 2009Benzalkonium chloride (BAC) is a common preservative used in ophthalmic solutions. The aim of this study was to compare the cytotoxic effects of BAC-containing ophthalmic solutions with a BAC-free ophthalmic solution using an organotypic ..
- Ocular preservatives: associated risks and newer optionsIndu Pal Kaur
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 28:93-103. 2009..Reasons for discontinuing traditional preservatives and the need for less-toxic molecules are discussed at length, along with newer options coming up in this area...
- An objective evaluation of eyedrop instillation in patients with glaucomaJennifer L Stone
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University, 6115 Falls Rd, Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21209 2226, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 127:732-6. 2009..To evaluate the performance of patients with ocular hypertension and glaucoma who are experienced in the instillation of topical ocular hypotensive medications...
- Are multidose over-the-counter artificial tears adequately preserved?Colin Charnock
Department of Health Sciences, Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway
Cornea 25:432-7. 2006..Based on the challenge test outlined in the European Pharmacopoeia, products were tested in their original containers to see whether their component preservative had sufficient activity...
- Conjunctival and corneal reactions in rabbits following short- and repeated exposure to preservative-free tafluprost, commercially available latanoprost and 0.02% benzalkonium chlorideH Liang
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Biological and Pharmacological Sciences, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1275-82. 2008..To compare the conjunctival and corneal reactions of commercially available solution of latanoprost (Xalatan) and preservative-free (PF) tafluprost in rabbits...
- Short-term effect of latanoprost and timolol eye drops on tear fluid and the ocular surface in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionJ Thygesen
Department of Ophthalmology, Vejle Sygehus, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:37-44. 2000..To investigate and compare the short term effects of topical latanoprost and timolol on the tear fluid and ocular surface condition in patients with bilateral primary open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- Corneal punctate staining with latanoprost, bimatoprost, and travoprost in healthy subjectsWilliam C Stewart
Pharmaceutical Research Network, Charleston, SC 29412 2464, USA
J Glaucoma 12:475-9. 2003..To evaluate short-term conjunctival and corneal punctate staining with latanoprost, bimatoprost, and travoprost in healthy individuals...
- Precorneal residence time of artificial tears measured in dry eye subjectsJerry R Paugh
Southern California College of Optometry, 2575 Yorba Linda Boulevard, Fullerton, CA 92831, USA
Optom Vis Sci 85:725-31. 2008..The purpose of this investigation was to measure the precorneal residence time of saline and five marketed artificial tears in dry eye subjects using fluorometry...
- Effects of acetylcysteine and dexamethasone on experimental corneal wounds in rabbitsA A Sarchahi
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Shiraz, Shiraz, Iran
Ophthalmic Res 40:41-8. 2008..It is concluded that treatment of the eyes by a combination of 3% acetylcysteine and 0.1% dexamethasone (if used from the first day of ulceration) may retard the corneal wound healing in rabbits...
- The effect of ketotifen on inflammatory markers in allergic conjunctivitis: an open, uncontrolled studyAndrea P Martin
Dpto Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
BMC Ophthalmol 3:2. 2003..05% on biochemical markers of inflammation on conjunctival cells in patients with AC...
- Factors for glaucoma progression and the effect of treatment: the early manifest glaucoma trialM Cristina Leske
Department of Preventive Medicine, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, L3 086, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8036, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:48-56. 2003..To assess factors for progression in the Early Manifest Glaucoma Trial (EMGT), including the effect of EMGT treatment...
- A 12-week, randomized, double-masked study of fixed combination latanoprost/timolol versus latanoprost or timolol monotherapyPaul Palmberg
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:708-18. 2010..All therapies were well tolerated. CONCLUSIONS. Fixed combination latanoprost/timolol safely reduces IOP levels in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension, though only slightly more than does latanoprost monotherapy...
- Rapid anti-inflammatory action of azelastine eyedrops for ongoing allergic reactionsGiorgio Ciprandi
Allergy and Immunology Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, Genoa University, Genoa, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 90:434-8. 2003..Some second-generation antihistamines have anti-inflammatory activities, but the clinical relevance of this property is still unclear...
- Time to onset and duration of action of the antihistamine bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solutions 1.0% and 1.5% in allergic conjunctivitis: a phase III, single-center, prospective, randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled, conjunctival allergen chaMark B Abelson
Ora, Inc, Andover, Massachusetts 01810, USA
Clin Ther 31:1908-21. 2009..Based on a history of clinical effectiveness and tolerability of oral bepotastine besilate in the treatment of allergic symptoms, bepotastine besilate is being tested as a potential ophthalmic medication for allergic conjunctivitis...
- Chitosan based nanocarriers for indomethacin ocular deliveryAlia A Badawi
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmacy College, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Arch Pharm Res 31:1040-9. 2008..Therefore, CS nanocarriers developed in this study were able to contact intimately with the cornea providing slow gradual IM release with long-term drug level thereby increasing delivery to both external and internal ocular tissues...
- Allergy to ophthalmic preservativesJison Hong
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:447-53. 2009..The purpose of the present review is to examine the hypersensitivity reactions to preservatives in topical ophthalmic therapies...
- The Effect of instilled fluorescein solution volume on the values and repeatability of TBUT measurementsMichael E Johnson
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Cornea 24:811-7. 2005....
- Cytotoxicity of ophthalmic solutions with and without preservatives to human corneal endothelial cells, epithelial cells and conjunctival epithelial cellsMasahiko Ayaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Fujigaoka Hospital, Showa University School of Medicine, Aobaku Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:553-9. 2008The cytotoxicity of a range of commercial ophthalmic solutions in the presence and absence of preservatives was assessed in human corneal endothelial cells (HCECs), corneal epithelia and conjunctival epithelia using in vitro techniques.
- A pre-application drop containing carboxymethylcellulose can reduce multipurpose solution-induced corneal stainingJerry R Paugh
Southern California College of Optometry, Fullerton, Fullerton, California 92831, USA
Optom Vis Sci 84:65-71. 2007..In vitro data suggest that carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) may neutralize polyhexanides. The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether a pre-application drop of CMC reduces polyhexanide staining in vivo...
- A review of olopatadine for the treatment of ocular allergyMark B Abelson
Harvard Medical School and Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1979-94. 2004..In the future, a new formulation containing 0.2% olopatadine exhibits a duration of action up to 24 h, supporting once-daily dosing...
- Rate of bacterial eradication by ophthalmic solutions of fourth-generation fluoroquinolonesMichelle C Callegan
Molecular Pathogenesis of Eye Infections Research Center, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Adv Ther 26:447-54. 2009..This study was designed to compare the kill rates of ophthalmic solutions of fourth-generation fluoroquinolones against isolates of common ocular bacterial pathogens.
- Comparison between Ringer's lactate and balanced salt solution on postoperative outcomes after phacoemulsfication: a randomized clinical trialViraj Vasavada
IOL Research Centre, Raghudeep Eye Clinic, Memnagar, Ahmedabad, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:191-5. 2009..Setting: Iladevi cataract and IOL research center, Ahmedabad, India...
- Comparison of a non-preserved 0.1% T-Gel eye gel (single dose unit) with a preserved 0.1% T-Gel eye gel (multidose) in ocular hypertension and glaucomatous patientsD L Easty
Department of Ophthalmology, Bristol Eye Hospital, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 90:574-8. 2006..This comparative, open design, phase III study was to assess the non-inferiority of the non-preserved T-Gel 0.1% single dose unit (SDU) versus its preserved multidose (MD) reference...
- Efficacy of olopatadine HCI 0.1%, ketotifen fumarate 0.025%, epinastine HCI 0.05%, emedastine 0.05% and fluorometholone acetate 0.1% ophthalmic solutions for seasonal allergic conjunctivitis: a placebo-controlled environmental trialMehmet Borazan
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Ophthalmol 87:549-54. 2009..the clinical efficacy and ocular surface variables of olopatadine, ketotifen fumarate, epinastine, emedastine and fluorometholone acetate ophthalmic solutions in preventing the signs and symptoms of seasonal allergic conjunctivitis (SAC).
- Efficacy and safety of ketotifen eye drops in the treatment of seasonal allergic conjunctivitisM Kidd
Department of General Practice, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 87:1206-11. 2003..These multiple, pharmacological mechanisms provided the rationale for assessing the efficacy and safety of ketotifen 0.025% eye drops in subjects with seasonal allergic conjunctivitis (SAC) in an environmental setting...
- Videotaped evaluation of eyedrop instillation in glaucoma patients with visual impairment or moderate to severe visual field lossAmy L Hennessy
Glaucoma Specialists, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 117:2345-52. 2010..Objectively evaluate the ability of visually disabled glaucoma patients to successfully administer a single drop onto their eye...
- Ocular symptoms and signs with preserved and preservative-free glaucoma medicationsN Jaenen
UZ Sint Rafael, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:341-9. 2007..To compare the prevalence of side effects between eyedrops with or without preservatives, in terms of subjective symptoms and objective signs in patients with open-angle glaucoma...
- Preserved and unpreserved 12 anti-allergic ophthalmic solutions and ocular surface toxicity: in vitro assessment in four cultured corneal and conjunctival epithelial cell linesMasahiko Ayaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Saitama National Hospital
Biocontrol Sci 15:143-8. 2010In the present study, we evaluated the cytotoxicity of anti-allergic ophthalmic solutions in cultured corneal and conjunctival cells, namely SIRC (rabbit corneal epithelium), BCE C/D-1b (bovine corneal epithelial cells), RC-1 (rabbit ..
- Suppression of experimental immune-mediated blepharoconjunctivitis in Brown Norway rats by topical application of FK506Koji Nishino
Department of Ophthalmology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:137-43. 2002..CONCLUSION: Topical FK506 treatment suppressed EC in BN rats, possibly by inhibition of IL-4 in the conjunctiva...
- Multicenter clinical evaluation of bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solutions 1.0% and 1.5% to treat allergic conjunctivitisThomas T Macejko
Eye Care Associates of Greater Cincinnati, Inc, Fairfield, Ohio, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 150:122-127.e5. 2010To evaluate the effectiveness of bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solutions 1.0% and 1...
- Bacterial contamination of ophthalmic solutions used in an extended care facilityDanny H Kauffmann Jokl
Department of Ophthalmology, Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, New York, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1308-10. 2007To assess the frequency of contamination of ophthalmic solutions in a long-term care facility and to describe the characteristics of contaminated solutions.
- Effect of FK506 eye drops on late and delayed-type responses in ocular allergy modelsT Sengoku
Medicinal Biology Research Laboratories, Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Kashima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1555-60. 2003..It is well-known that FK506 strongly inhibits cytokine production by T cells in vitro. However, less evidence is available from in vivo studies of ocular allergy...
- The dilution of benzalkonium chloride (BAK) in the tear filmMitchell H Friedlaender
Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California, USA
Adv Ther 23:835-41. 2006....
- [Evaluation of effectiveness of Catalin eyedrops in patients with presenile and senile cataract]Jarosław Kociecki
Kliniki Okulistycznej Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Klin Oczna 106:778-82. 2004..Evaluation of effectiveness of Catalin eye drops in inhibition of cataract or eventual influence on regression of actually present opacities...
- Multilayered amniotic membrane transplantation for severe ulceration of the cornea and scleraK Hanada
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 131:324-31. 2001..To examine the efficacy of amniotic membrane transplantation in the treatment of deep corneal and scleral ulcers...
- Eudragit RS100 nanosuspensions for the ophthalmic controlled delivery of ibuprofenRosario Pignatello
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Citta Universitaria, Viale A Doria, 6 95125, Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 16:53-61. 2002..Drug levels in the aqueous humour were also higher after application of the nanosuspensions; moreover, IBU-loaded nanosuspensions did not show toxicity on ocular tissues...
- Corneal and conjunctival changes caused by commonly used glaucoma medicationsRobert J Noecker
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85711, USA
Cornea 23:490-6. 2004..To evaluate the extent of epithelial corneal and conjunctival changes associated with prolonged use of topical glaucoma medications...
- Bromfenac ophthalmic solution 0.09% (Xibrom) for postoperative ocular pain and inflammationEric D Donnenfeld
External Disease Cornea Department, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1653-62. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy and ocular safety of bromfenac ophthalmic solution 0.09% (Xibrom) for the treatment of postoperative inflammation and reduction of ocular pain in subjects who have undergone cataract extraction (CE)...
- Topical cyclosporine inhibits conjunctival epithelial apoptosis in experimental murine keratoconjunctivitis siccaBradley Strong
Ocular Surface Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cornea 24:80-5. 2005..Inhibition of apoptosis appears to be a key mechanism for the therapeutic effect of CsA for KCS...
- The effect of a topical antioxidant formulation including N-acetyl carnosine on canine cataract: a preliminary studyDavid L Williams
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 OES, England, UK
Vet Ophthalmol 9:311-6. 2006..To determine the efficacy of a topical antioxidant formulation including N-acetyl carnosine in the treatment of canine cataract in a preliminary nonplacebo, controlled, unmasked study...
- The clinical validity of the treatment satisfaction survey for intraocular pressure in ocular hypertensive and glaucoma patientsD G Day
Atlanta Research Company, Atlanta, GA, USA
Eye 20:583-90. 2006....
- Mass treatment of trachoma with azithromycin 1.5% eye drops in the Republic of Cameroon: feasibility, tolerance and effectivenessP Huguet
NMH CPM PBD, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 94:157-60. 2010..As a result, the national blindness control programme of Cameroon instituted a trachoma elimination programme using the SAFE strategy...
- The effect of preservatives and antiglaucomatous medication on the histopathology of the conjunctivaH Mietz
Department of Ophthalmology, Koln, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 232:561-5. 1994..Topical medication applied chronically for the treatment of glaucoma changes the cellular profile of the conjunctiva. We wanted to determine the role of preservatives, which are usually combined with the drugs, on this effect...
- Effects of N-acetylcysteine and glutathione ethyl ester drops on streptozotocin-induced diabetic cataract in ratsShu Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Mol Vis 14:862-70. 2008..To evaluate the effect of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and glutathione ethyl ester (GSH-EE) eye drops on the progression of diabetic cataract formation induced by streptozotocin (STZ)...
- Effect of dorzolamide timolol combination versus timolol 0.5% on ocular bloodflow in patients with primary open-angle glaucomaA Harris
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 702 Rotary Circle, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 132:490-5. 2001..Addition of dorzolamide to timolol in primary open-angle glaucoma shows augmented reduction of intraocular pressure. It is unknown as yet if addition of dorzolamide will alter hemodynamics...
- Do selective topical beta antagonists for glaucoma have respiratory side effects?J F Kirwan
Department of Epidemiology and International Eye Health, Institute of Ophthalmology, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 88:196-8. 2004..The authors have previously shown that topical beta antagonists are associated with an excess incidence of airways obstruction. They examined whether selective topical beta antagonists are associated with excess airways obstruction...
- Six-month comparison of bimatoprost once-daily and twice-daily with timolol twice-daily in patients with elevated intraocular pressureM Sherwood
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0284, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 45:S361-8. 2001..Together these results indicate that bimatoprost QD is statistically and clinically superior to timolol in lowering IOP, and is safe and well-tolerated in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- Bimatoprost versus latanoprost in lowering intraocular pressure in glaucoma and ocular hypertension: results from parallel-group comparison trialsSteven T Simmons
Glaucoma Consultants of the Capital Region, 1240 New Scotland Road, Suite 201 Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
Adv Ther 21:247-62. 2004....
- Characterization of the novel ophthalmic drug carrier Sophisen in two of its derivatives: 3A Ofteno and Modusik-A OftenoJ D Quintana-Hau
Research and Development Department, Laboratorios Sophia, 797 Hidalgo, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44290, Mexico
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:263-9. 2005..Diclofenac sodium and Cyclosporine-A were mixed with Sophisen to render two new ophthalmic solutions that were named 3A Ofteno and Modusik-A Ofteno, respectively...
- Comparative efficacy of topically applied flurbiprofen, diclofenac, tolmetin, and suprofen for the treatment of experimentally induced blood-aqueous barrier disruption in dogsD A Ward
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901 1071, USA
Am J Vet Res 57:875-8. 1996..To compare the relative efficacies of 4 topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs at preventing blood-aqueous barrier (BAB) disruption in dogs...
- A comparison of latanoprost, bimatoprost, and travoprost in patients with elevated intraocular pressure: a 12-week, randomized, masked-evaluator multicenter studyRichard K Parrish
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 135:688-703. 2003..To Internet Advance publication at ajo.com Feb 13, 2003. compare the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering effect and safety of latanoprost, bimatoprost, and travoprost in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OH)...
- Corneal endothelial cell protection with a dispersive viscoelastic material and an irrigating solution during phacoemulsification: low-cost versus expensive combinationBarbara Kiss
Department of Ophthalmology, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:733-40. 2003..Eyes receiving the expensive combination had marginally faster recovery of corneal swelling by 3 months. However, the cost of Viscoat and 500 mL BSS Plus is 5 times that of Ocucoat and Ringer's solution...
- Travoprost 0.004% with and without benzalkonium chloride: a comparison of safety and efficacyRichard A Lewis
Grutzmacher and Lewis, Inc, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Glaucoma 16:98-103. 2007..To compare the safety and efficacy of travoprost 0.004% without benzalkonium chloride (BAC) to that of the marketed formulation of travoprost 0.004% in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of tacrolimus ophthalmic suspension 0.1% in severe allergic conjunctivitisYuichi Ohashi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ehime School of Medicine, Shizukawa, Toon City Ehime, 7910295, Japan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:165-74. 2010..To examine the efficacy of tacrolimus ophthalmic suspension 0.1% in treating severe allergic conjunctivitis...
- Comparison of hypotonic and isotonic solutions containing sodium hyaluronate on the symptomatic treatment of dry eye patientsV Papa
Medical Department SIFI SpA, Lavinaio (Catania, Italy
Ophthalmologica 215:124-7. 2001..No adverse events were reported. It was concluded that hypotonic and isotonic eye drops are comparable for the symptomatic treatment of patients suffering from dry eye syndrome...
- General purpose antimicrobial ophthalmic solutions evaluated using new pharmacokinetic parameter of maximum drug concentration in aqueousMasamichi Fukuda
Department of Ophthalmology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 46:384-90. 2002..AQC(max)) is useful for selecting an appropriate ophthalmic solution, six general purpose antimicrobial ophthalmic solutions already on the market were investigated...
- Evaluation of an isotonic tear in combination with topical cyclosporine for the treatment of ocular surface diseaseDavid R Hardten
Minnesota Eye Consultants, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2083-91. 2007..Irvine, California) improves clinical outcomes when used adjunctively with topical cyclosporine 0.05% (Restasis, Allergan, Inc., Irvine, California) for the treatment of ocular surface disease...
- Naproxen ophthalmic solution to manage inflammation after phacoemulsificationVincento Papa
Medical Department SIFI S p A, Lavinaio Catania, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:321-7. 2002..To explore the efficacy and safety of 2 concentrations (0.1% and 0.2%) of sodium naproxen ophthalmic solution in controlling ocular inflammation in patients having phacoemulsification and intraocular lens implantation...
- The effect of latanoprost compared with timolol in African-American, Asian, Caucasian, and Mexican open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensive patientsKatarina Hedman
Department of Neuroscience-Ophthalmology, Uppsala University Hospital, S-751 82 Uppsala, Sweden
Surv Ophthalmol 47:S77-89. 2002..The degree of reduction appeared to be clinically useful. The greatest difference in the mean diurnal IOP-lowering effect of latanoprost or timolol was observed in Mexican and Asian clinical trials...
- A double-masked, randomized, parallel comparison of a fixed combination of bimatoprost 0.03%/timolol 0.5% with non-fixed combination use in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionA Hommer
Department of Ophthalmology, Hera Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:53-62. 2007..A bimatoprost 0.03% qd treatment arm was used for validation of the study...
- Efficacy and safety of a fixed combination of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution once daily for open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionJoel S Schuman
UPMC Eye Center, Eye and Ear Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:242-50. 2005..5% every day in the morning, plus travoprost 0.004% every day in the evening; and timolol 0.5% twice daily on the intraocular pressure (IOP) of subjects with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension over 3 months...
- A three-month, multicenter, double-masked study of the safety and efficacy of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution compared to travoprost 0.004% ophthalmic solution and timolol 0.5% dosed concomitantly in subjects with open angle glaucoma orBret A Hughes
Kresge Eye Institute, Department of Opthalmology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Glaucoma 14:392-9. 2005..004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination to the concomitant administration of travoprost 0.004% (TRAVATAN) and timolol 0.5% in subjects with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- A 1-year study to compare the efficacy and safety of once-daily travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% to once-daily latanoprost 0.005%/timolol 0.5% in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionF Topouzis
II Department of Ophthalmology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Periferiaki Odos Thessalonikis, Thessaloniki 56403, Greece
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:183-90. 2007..004%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution (Trav/Tim) to latanoprost 0.005%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution (Lat/Tim), dosed once daily in the morning, in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OH)...
- Effect of topical unoprostone isopropyl on optic nerve head circulation in controls and in normal-tension glaucoma patientsItaru Kimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 49:287-93. 2005..To evaluate the effect of unoprostone isopropyl on microcirculation in the optic nerve head (ONH) of controls and patients with normal-tension glaucoma (NTG)...
- The safety and efficacy of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination ophthalmic solutionHoward S Barnebey
University of Washington, Ophthalmology, Specialty Eye Care Center, Seattle, 98004, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:1-7. 2005..5% fixed combination ophthalmic solution (Trav/Tim) to its components travoprost 0.004% ophthalmic solution, TRAVATAN, (Trav) and timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution (Tim) in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- Intraocular pressure elevation within the first 24 hours after cataract surgery in patients with glaucoma or exfoliation syndromeHani Levkovitch-Verbin
Goldschleger Eye Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ophthalmology 115:104-8. 2008..To investigate whether eyes with glaucoma or exfoliation syndrome without glaucoma are prone to exhibit intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation shortly after cataract surgery and, if so, whether timolol maleate 0.5% reduces these spikes...
- Relationship between travoprost and central corneal thickness in ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucomaPaul J Harasymowycz
Ophthalmology Department, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Cornea 26:34-41. 2007..To evaluate whether treatment with travoprost, an F2a prostaglandin analog, affects central corneal thickness (CCT) and whether intraocular pressure (IOP) response to the medication is related to baseline CCT...
- A comparison of morning and evening instillation of a combination travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solutionP Denis
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon France
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:407-15. 2006..To compare the intraocular pressure lowering efficacy and side effect profile of travoprost 0.004%/timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution dosed in the morning and evening...
- Safety and efficacy of bimatoprost 0.03% versus timolol maleate 0.5%/dorzolamide 2% fixed combinationD G Day
Omni Eye Services, Atlanta, GA, USA
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:336-42. 2005..05). CONCLUSIONS: This study indicates that the intraocular pressures are lowered to a statistically similar amount with DTFC compared to bimatoprost in open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensive patients...
- [Timolol topical ophthalmic combination]M Calugaru
Oftalmologia 48:5-14. 2004..e. Cosopt or latanoprost as primary glaucoma therapy?..
- A double-masked, randomized, parallel comparison of a fixed combination of bimatoprost 0.03%/timolol 0.5% with non-fixed combination use in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionA L Robin
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:685-6; author reply 686-7. 2007
- Brimonidine 0.2% versus brimonidine Purite 0.15% in Asian ocular hypertensionChan Yun Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:481-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of brimonidine 0.2% versus brimonidine Purite 0.15% in Asians with ocular hypertension...
- Twice-daily 0.2% brimonidine-0.5% timolol fixed-combination therapy vs monotherapy with timolol or brimonidine in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension: a 12-month randomized trialMark B Sherwood
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1230-8. 2006..APPLICATION TO CLINICAL PRACTICE: Fixed brimonidine-timolol is an effective and convenient IOP-lowering therapy...
- Effect of latanoprost on the diurnal variations in the intraocular and ocular perfusion pressure in normal tension glaucomaShingo Ishibashi
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Glaucoma 15:354-7. 2006..To evaluate the effects of latanoprost on the diurnal variations in the intraocular pressure (IOP) combined with the ocular perfusion pressure (OPP) in patients with normal tension glaucoma (NTG)...
- Effects of central corneal thickness on the efficacy of topical ocular hypotensive medicationsThomas V Johnson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Glaucoma 17:89-99. 2008..To determine the effect of central corneal thickness (CCT) on the efficacy of intraocular pressure (IOP)-reducing drugs in patients with ocular hypertension (OHT)...
- Comparison of the effects of topical administration of a fixed combination of dorzolamide-timolol to monotherapy with timolol or dorzolamide on IOP, pupil size, and heart rate in glaucomatous dogsCaryn E Plummer
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610-0126, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 9:245-9. 2006..33 mm), but not with dorzolamide (0.97 +/- 0.36 mm) alone. CONCLUSIONS: The combination dorzolamide-timolol appears to be more effective at reducing intraocular pressure in glaucomatous dogs than is either timolol or dorzolamide alone...
- 24-Hour control with a latanoprost-timolol fixed combination vs timolol aloneAnastasios G P Konstas
Glaucoma Unit, A University Department of Ophthalmology, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1553-7. 2006..04). CONCLUSION: The evening-dosed latanoprost-timolol fixed combination may provide better IOP control than timolol alone over 24 hours and may demonstrate a narrower range of IOP fluctuation in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma...
- Relation between office intraocular pressure and 24-hour intraocular pressure in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma treated with a combination of topical antiglaucoma eye dropsShunsuke Nakakura
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Glaucoma 16:201-4. 2007..To determine the relation between office intraocular pressure (IOP) and 24-hour IOP in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) treated with 3 kinds of antiglaucoma eye drops...
- A 6-week, double-masked, parallel-group study of the efficacy and safety of travoprost 0.004% compared with latanoprost 0:005%/timolol 0.5% in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionWendy A Franks
Glaucoma Research Unit, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 28:332-9. 2006..004% eyedrops with the fixed combination of latanoprost 0.005%/timolol 0.5% eyedrops in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- [Prostaglandin analogues and central corneal thickness]C Stefan
Spitalul Clinic de Urgenta Militar Central, Clinica de Oftalmologie
Oftalmologia 51:95-9. 2007..MMP's were found in cornea and their activation could change the central corneal thickness (CCT)...
- Circadian intraocular pressure control with dorzolamide versus timolol maleate add-on treatments in primary open-angle glaucoma patients using latanoprostCengaver Tamer
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 39:24-31. 2007..To compare the 24-hour efficacy of dorzolamide and timolol maleate administered twice daily to primary open-angle glaucoma patients whose intraocular pressure (IOP) could not be adequately controlled with latanoprost monotherapy...
- The costs of treating glaucoma with combinations of topical drugs in SpainN Neymark
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:52-9. 2008..The authors present the treatment outcome as endof-period intraocular pressure (IOP) and the calculated direct medical costs over a 2-year period...
- The effect of latanoprost, bimatoprost, and travoprost on intraocular pressure after cataract surgeryMustafa Kemal Arici
Department of Ophthalmology, Cumhuriyet University, School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 22:34-40. 2006....
- Meta-analysis of 24-hour intraocular pressure studies evaluating the efficacy of glaucoma medicinesWilliam C Stewart
PRN Pharmaceutical Research Network, LLC, Dallas, Texas, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1117-1122.e1. 2008....
- A 6-week, multicenter, randomized, double-masked, parallel-group study comparing travoprost 0.004% to latanoprost 0.005% followed by 6-week, open-label treatment with travoprost 0.004%Eugenio Maul
Pontificia Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile
Clin Ther 29:1915-23. 2007..004% versus latanoprost 0.005% for 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of once-daily travoprost 0.004% in decreasing intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OH)...
- The influence of diclofenac ophthalmic solution on the intraocular pressure-lowering effect of topical 0.5% timolol and 0.005% latanoprost in primary open-angle glaucoma patientsCiro Costagliola
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Eye Res 81:610-5. 2005..Because non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are widely employed in medical practice, supplementary ophthalmologic checks should be scheduled during the co-administration of these compounds and prostaglandin analogues...
- Effects on aqueous flow of dorzolamide combined with either timolol or acetazolamideCarol B Toris
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 5145, USA
J Glaucoma 13:210-5. 2004..To determine the effect on aqueous flow of topical dorzolamide 2%, topical timolol 0.5%, or oral acetazolamide 250 mg when used alone or when dorzolamide is combined with either timolol or acetazolamide...
- Two-year double-masked comparison of bimatoprost with timolol in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionJohn S Cohen
Cincinnati Eye Institute and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 49:S45-52. 2004..474). We conclude that bimatoprost QD provides superior IOP lowering to timolol, and is safe and well tolerated over 24 months of treatment...
- The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: a randomized trial determines that topical ocular hypotensive medication delays or prevents the onset of primary open-angle glaucomaMichael A Kass
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:701-13; discussion 829-30. 2002....
- Efficacy and tolerability of the dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% combination (COSOPT) versus 0.005% (XALATAN) in the treatment of ocular hypertension or glaucoma: results from two randomized clinical trialsRobert D Fechtner
Glaucoma Division, New Jersey Medical School, UMDNJ, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 82:42-8. 2004..To compare the efficacy of the fixed dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% combination (COSOPT) versus latanoprost 0.005% (XALATAN)...
- Aqueous humor flow in normal human eyes treated with brimonidine and dorzolamide, alone and in combinationHidetoshi Tsukamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Arch Ophthalmol 122:190-3. 2004..The IOP was further reduced by the combination compared with dorzolamide alone, but not compared with brimonidine alone...
- Ocular surface changes induced by topical antiglaucoma monotherapyBarbara Cvenkel
Eye Clinic, Medical Center Ljubljana, Medical Faculty, Slovenia
Ophthalmologica 216:175-9. 2002..To investigate the expression of inflammatory markers HLA-DR in impression cytology specimens from patients receiving topical antiglaucoma monotherapy...
- The effect of latanoprost on circadian intraocular pressureLill Inger Larsson
Department of Ophthalmology, Uppsala University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Surv Ophthalmol 47:S90-6. 2002..5% twice daily, or dorzolamide 2% three times daily. Latanoprost applied once daily thus provided a better effect on the IOP together with a stable and sustained IOP reduction during both day and night...
- A 3-month randomized controlled trial of bimatoprost (LUMIGAN) versus combined timolol and dorzolamide (Cosopt) in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionAnne L Coleman
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ophthalmology 110:2362-8. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: In individuals with glaucoma or ocular hypertension, uncontrolled on a topical beta-blocker alone, bimatoprost lowered IOP more consistently than did combined timolol and dorzolamide...
- Peak pressures: crossover study of timolol and latanoprostR Sihota
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:546-52. 2003..To compare the diurnal efficacy and action on peak intraocular pressures (IOP) of 0.005% latanoprost and 0.5% timolol as primary therapy in 60 eyes having dark brown irides with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG)...
- Effect of treatment by medicine or surgery on intraocular pressure and pulsatile ocular blood flow in normal-pressure glaucomaD Poinoosawmy
Glaucoma Research Unit, Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, EC1V 2PD, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:721-6. 2002..The betaxolol-treated group, despite a slight decrease in IOP, had a decreased POBF. Lowering IOP by treatment may not necessarily be associated with an increase in POBF...
Research Grants106 found, 100 shown here
- Transscleral Drug Delivery for Retinal DisordersHenry Edelhauser; Fiscal Year: 2007..These delivery techniques should be safer and more effective than the state of the art. Ultimately, these results will guide us in enhancing drug treatments in ophthalmic practice. ..
- Advanced Imaging for GlaucomaDavid Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accurate monitoring of glaucoma with OCT will improve treatment decisions regarding surgery or eye drops, both of which are effective but also carry significant side effects and risks. ..
- Advanced Imaging for GlaucomaDavid Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accurate monitoring of glaucoma with OCT will improve treatment decisions regarding surgery or eye drops, both of which are effective but also carry significant side effects and risks. ..
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, we will examine the image quality of this low cost LSDC for functions such as angiography. ..
- Ultra-Sonic Non-Contact Tonometer in Glaucoma-IOP ChecksPeter Gross; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase I of the project will end with a working model of the USNCT that demonstrates the feasibility of the method in a model eye with IOP controlled by intracameral manometry. ..
- Bioartificial Lacrimal GlandSamuel Yiu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A Real Time Monitoring System to Measure IOP in GlaucomaDOUG JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..S.Research into our longer term goal of combining Assenti's Smart IOP monitor with an invivo IOP reducing mechanism that can lead to autonomous control of the entire system and completely eliminate patient intervention. ..
- ANTIMICROBIAL PEPTIDES TO TREAT BACTERIAL KERATITISKATHRYN CRAWFORD; Fiscal Year: 2004..determine the chemical and toxicological suitability of these molecules for use as potential antimicrobial ophthalmic solutions. The Specific Aims of Phase I are to 1): Conduct pre-formulation studies designed to develop suitable ..
- TIME RELEASE OPHTHALMIC DRUG DELIVERY INSERTBRUCE COHAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- EARLY DETECTION OF GLAUCOMA DAMAGEHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2004..This assessment of the RTA and NFA will help to establish their utility as outcome measures for clinical management of glaucoma, epidemiological research, and clinical trials. ..
- GLAUCOMA SURGICAL OUTCOMES STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of the study may allow physicians to reduce the morbidity of glaucoma surgery by altering their indications for surgery, surgical technique, and postoperative follow-up. ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Naltrexone as a Novel Treatment for Diabetic KeratopathyIAN ZAGON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed use of biotherapy with NTX is an innovative approach whereby the patient's own growth regulatory mechanisms are manipulated to correct complications from diabetes. ..
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- Gene Gun Technology, Opioids, and Corneal DiseasesIAN ZAGON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, such data can be employed to design molecular strategies to remedy visual dysfunction. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF GLAUCOMATOUS OPTIC NERVE DAMAGEHARRY ALAN QUIGLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..To complete the project in 2 years, we eliminated from the 5 year proposal Hypotheses 7, 8, 9, and 11. ..
- Multiethnic Pediatric Eye Disease Study (MEPEDS)Rohit Varma; Fiscal Year: 2007..MEPEDS will also be studying selected demographic, biological and behavioral risk factors associated with these diseases and the consequences of these diseases from a health related quality of life perspective. ..
- Localized modulation of RPE P-gp/MRP activity for back-of-the-eye drug deliverySoumyajit Majumdar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this research project may thus improve treatment outcomes for posterior chamber ocular diseases such as endophthalmitis, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, retinoblastoma and other intraocular tumors. ..
- Pathogenesis & Chemotherapy of Bacillus EndophthalmitisMichelle Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Dry Eye in PostmenopauseKelly K Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project is a unique blend of interdisciplinary clinical and basic research, which may lead to the translation of findings to clinical care in dry eye disease. ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF BACILLUS CEREUS ENDOPHTHALMITISMichelle Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Identification and characterization of important virulence factors will provide the basis on which information-based therapeutic agents are developed in order to prevent vision loss during B. cereus endophthalmitis. ..
- Mechanisms of Inflammation and Vision Loss in EndophthalmitisMichelle C Callegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying the bacterial and host factors important in disease, we can exploit these targets for the development of new treatment strategies that will increase the likelihood of preventing blindness following endophthalmitis. ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Donald Budenz; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- THE PATHOGENESIS OF GLAUCOMATOUS OPTIC NERVE DAMAGEHarry Quigley; Fiscal Year: 1980
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING IN VISION AND RESEARCHHenry Edelhauser; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the program successfully attracts minority trainees to careers in fundamental eye research, drawing on the outstanding resources of Atlanta academic and medical institutions. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF CORNEAL EDEMA AFTER INTRAOCULAR SURGERYHenry Edelhauser; Fiscal Year: 2006....