Summary: Homogeneous liquid preparations that contain one or more chemical substances dissolved, i.e., molecularly dispersed, in a suitable solvent or mixture of mutually miscible solvents. For reasons of their ingredients, method of preparation, or use, they do not fall into another group of products.
Publications182 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmaceutical development of a parenteral lyophilised dosage form for the novel anticancer agent C1311Monique W J den Brok
Slotervaart Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Amsterdam
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 59:285-97. 2005..The drug is currently used in phase I clinical trials...
- Stability of norepinephrine infusions prepared in dextrose and normal saline solutionsMaryse Tremblay
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:163-7. 2008..Data on long term stability of NE solutions are lacking. This prospective study was designed to evaluate the stability of NE, in dextrose (5%) in water (D5W) and in normal saline (NS) solutions, for a period up to seven days...
- Characterization of a potential medium for 'biorelevant' in vitro release testing of a naltrexone implant, employing a validated stability-indicating HPLC methodSunil S Iyer
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:845-53. 2007..This was applied to an investigation of in vitro drug release. The method has been proven to be suitable for investigation of naltrexone released from the implant...
- Stability of oral liquid preparations of methylergometrineK Marigny
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Rennes, France
Pharmazie 61:701-5. 2006..No degradation products were revealed. This study allowed an oral ready to use solution of methylergometrine (0.05 mg/ml) to be prepared, with a shelf life of more than one month (47 days) when stored at room temperature without light...
- Study of insolubility problems of dexamethasone and digoxin: cyclodextrin complexationV Dilova
Department of Galenical, Chemical Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
Boll Chim Farm 143:20-3. 2004..The same results can be achieved through HP beta CD, by including Dex in a multicomponent composition containing HP beta CD and citric acid in a molar ratio of 1:4:1...
- Acceptance of uncoated mini-tablets in young children: results from a prospective exploratory cross-over studyNatalie Spomer
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Dis Child 97:283-6. 2012..To explore the acceptance of uncoated drug-free mini-tablets 2 mm in diameter in children aged 0.5-6 years and their ability to swallow the mini-tablets...
- Ranitidine (Zantac) syrup versus Ranitidine effervescent tablets (Zantac) EFFERdose) in children: a single-center taste preference studyVanessa Z Ameen
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:265-70. 2006..Ranitidine syrup is available in a peppermint-flavored 15 mg/mL formulation...
- Particulate and microbial contamination in in-use admixed intravenous infusionsKatsuhiro Yorioka
Department of Pharmacy, Saiseikai Yamaguchi University Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2321-3. 2006..No microbial contamination was observed in any of the residual solutions of 5 types of admixture...
- Stabilization of rasburicase and physico-chemical characterization of the resulting injectable formulationAlain Bayol
Analytical Science Department, Sanofi Synthelabo Recherche, Labege, France
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:877-89. 2004..Crystallised excipients participate in forming the structure of the powder and therefore help to prevent any collapse. Amorphous mannitol creates a surrounding medium favourable to the stability of the protein...
- Inclusion complexation of diazepam with different cyclodextrins in formulations for parenteral useC Holvoet
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Physical Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB Brussels, Belgium
Pharmazie 60:598-603. 2005..The stability of the preparations, with and without pH adjustment to pH 5, was investigated during 18 months and during this period no noticeable degradation was observed...
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five opiate agonists during simulated Y-site administrationLawrence A Trissel
TriPharma Research, Cashiers, NC 28717 0265, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:1209-13. 2007..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with fentanyl citrate, hydromorphone hydrochloride, meperidine hydrochloride, morphine sulfate, and sufentanil citrate during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Solution stability of factor Xa inhibitors as a function of pHPei Yang
Drug Development, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:967-73. 2004..The mechanism of the reaction is not a specific-acid/base-catalyzed reaction. Based on the experience of this study, an ideal experimental design is proposed, which will be useful for future study on similar drug candidate...
- Formulation and evaluation of ketorolac transdermal systemsJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Drug Deliv 14:69-74. 2007..There was an excellent relationship found between in vitro permeation flux and in vivo AUC0-infinity...
- Dissolution rate enhancement by adsorption of poorly soluble drugs on hydrophilic silica aerogelsIrina Smirnova
Fachgebiet Thermodynamik und Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, Institut fur Verfahrenstechnik, Technische Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pharm Dev Technol 9:443-52. 2004..The dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drugs can be significantly enhanced by adsorption on highly porous hydrophilic silica aerogels...
- Determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride, related impurities and preservatives in oral solution and tablet dosage forms using HPLCA M Y Jaber
Chemistry Department, King Fahid University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 36:341-50. 2004..28-0.86 microg ml(-1), respectively. The method proved to be specific, stability indicating, accurate, precise, robust and could be used as an alternative to the European pharmacopoeial method set for CZ and its related impurities...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a sulfobutyl ether beta-cyclodextrin enabled etomidate formulationMichelle P McIntosh
The Center for Drug Delivery Research, The University of Kansas, 2099 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:2585-94. 2004..The results suggest that the SBE-CD formulation is a viable clinical drug product with a reduced side-effect profile...
- An explanation for the physical instability of a marketed fixed dose combination (FDC) formulation containing isoniazid and ethambutol and proposed solutionsHemant Bhutani
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:667-72. 2004..The study suggests that barrier packaging free from defects and alternatively (or in combination) film coating of the tablets with water-resistant polymers are essential for this formulation...
- Preparation and characterization of enrofloxacin/carbopol complex in aqueous solutionMyung Kwan Chun
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:670-5. 2004..Therefore, these observations suggest that Carbo-enrofloxacin complex I can be used to mask the taste of enrofloxacin...
- In vivo performance of an oral MR matrix tablet formulation in the beagle dog in the fed and fasted state: assessment of mechanical weaknessFiona McInnes
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Pharm Res 25:1075-84. 2008..To evaluate the behaviour of an oral matrix modified release formulation in the canine gastrointestinal tract, and establish if a mechanical weakness previously observed in clinical studies would have been identified in the dog model...
- Challenges and opportunities in the encapsulation of liquid and semi-solid formulations into capsules for oral administrationEwart T Cole
Capsugel Division of Pfizer, CH 4114 Hofstetten, Switzerland
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:747-56. 2008..Filling and sealing technologies for hard capsules, provides the formulator with the flexibility of developing formulations in-house from small scale, as required for Phase I studies, up to production...
- Development of parenteral formulation for a novel angiogenesis inhibitor, CKD-732 through complexation with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrinJae Hyun Kim
Pharmaceutical Research Labs, CKD Research Institute, Chong Kun Dang Pharm, P O Box 74, Chonan 330 600, South Korea
Int J Pharm 272:79-89. 2004..hemioxalate solution with the favorable reduction of irritation. These results demonstrate that the CKD-732/HP-beta-CyD complex is an attractive formulation for use in the parenteral delivery of CKD-732...
- Stability and transdermal absorption of topical amphotericin B liposome formulationsA Manosroi
Pharmaceutical Cosmetics Raw Materials and Natural Products Research and Development Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute for Science and Technology Research and Development, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 270:279-86. 2004..AmB entrapped in charged liposomes showed sustained skin absorption. The positively charged liposome might be the best formulation for AmB, due to its higher stability than other formulations...
- Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving risedronate tablets for oral administration and for feeding tubesRichard J Dansereau
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:63-7. 2005..Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving tablets for feeding tubes and for preparation of an oral liquid have not previously been evaluated...
- Stability of Ala 125 recombinant human interleukin-2 in solutionNuria Reyes
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:31-7. 2005..Taken together, these preformulation results can be used to design an adequate liquid vehicle for rhIL-2A(125) to be manufactured for human use...
- Compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in multilayer polyolefin containersChristelle Bougouin
Pharmacy Service, Caremeau Hospital Medical Center, place du Professeur Debré, 3000 Nîmes, France
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2001-5. 2005..The compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in 5% dextrose injection and 0.9% sodium chloride injection was studied...
- A new formulation concept for drugs with poor water solubility for parenteral applicationK Jurgens
Department for Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Germany
Pharmazie 60:665-70. 2005..First in vivo data show good tolerability and blood plasma levels which are comparable to conventional solutions...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed solutions in plastic syringesYanping Zhang
Pharmacy Laboratory, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:2026-8. 2005..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed solutions beyond 24 hours...
- A stability-indicating HPLC method for medroxyprogesterone acetate in bulk drug and injection formulationJankana Burana-Osot
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Sanamchandra Palace Campus, Nakhon Pathom 73000, Thailand
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:1068-72. 2006..The method was found to be suitable for the quality control of MPA in bulk drug and injections as well as the stability-indicating studies...
- A validated stability indicating ion-pair RP-LC method for zoledronic acidB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:781-90. 2005..It can be also used to test the stability samples of zoledronic acid...
- A stability indicating LC method for zolmitriptanB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:503-9. 2005..The stress samples were assayed against a qualified reference standard and the mass balance was found close to 99.5%. The developed RP-LC method was validated with respect to linearity, accuracy, precision and robustness...
- Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the analysis of metforminM Saeed Arayne
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:231-5. 2006..The proposed method is rapid, accurate, economical and selective and it may be used for the quantitative analysis of metformin in Neodipar tablets because of its sensitivity and reproducibility...
- Physicochemical characterization of ricobendazole: I. Solubility, lipophilicity, and ionization characteristicsZimei Wu
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 94:983-93. 2005....
- Improving the dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drug by solid dispersion and solid solution: pros and consRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Drug Deliv 14:33-45. 2007..Therefore, considering physical stability and in vivo study results, the solid dispersion was the most suitable choice to improve dissolution rates and hence the bioavailability of the poorly water soluble drug...
- Parallel screening approach to identify solubility-enhancing formulations for improved bioavailability of a poorly water-soluble compound using milligram quantities of materialWei Guo Dai
ALZA Corporation, 1900 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94039, USA
Int J Pharm 336:1-11. 2007....
- Tuning the polymer release from hydrophilic matrix tablets by mixing short and long matrix polymersAnna Korner
Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Box 124, SE 221 00, Lund, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 94:759-69. 2005..The presence of small amounts of additives in the nonpurified commercial samples had no significant effect on the tablet dissolution within the uncertainty of the experiment...
- Variations in captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure: a survey in the United kingdomHussain Mulla
Centre for Pharmacy Practice Research, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:409-11. 2007..The objective of this study was to ascertain the interhospital constancy of unlicensed liquid captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure in the UK...
- Influence of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human antibody in aqueous and solid formsBei Chen
Department of Process Sciences, Abgenix, Inc, Fremont, CA 94555, USA
Pharm Res 20:1952-60. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human anti-IL8 monoclonal antibody (ABX-IL8) in aqueous and solid forms...
- Is the use of a 200 ml vessel suitable for dissolution of low dose drug products?Debbie J Crail
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
Int J Pharm 269:203-9. 2004..The results of the multiple dosage units per vessel also gave similar results to that of the USP monograph method...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed in infusion solutionsYanping Zhang
MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1082-5. 2006..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed beyond 24 hours...
- A mechanistic study of danazol dissolution in ionic surfactant solutionsWei Sun
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:424-35. 2003..In that situation, the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-measured drug diffusivity would not be its actual value in the dissolution process...
- Dissolution test for liquid formulations of omeprazole enteric-coated productsHye J Jang
Ann Pharmacother 37:150-1. 2003
- Chemical analysis of freshly prepared and stored capsaicin solutions: implications for tussigenic challengesScott E Kopec
The Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 15:529-34. 2002..033). We conclude that the actual concentration of capsaicin solution is less than predicted, and solutions of 4 microM or higher concentration are stable for 1 year if stored at 4 degrees C protected from light...
- Stability of flucytosine 50 mg/mL in extemporaneous oral liquid formulationsHeather L Vandenbussche
University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers UMHHC, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:1853-5. 2002
- Solution-mediated phase transformation of anhydrous to dihydrate carbamazepine and the effect of lattice disorderD Murphy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Int J Pharm 246:121-34. 2002..These results have significant consequences on the concentration-time profiles of active pharmaceutical ingredients during dissolution of metastable solid phases, crystalline or amorphous...
- Enhanced drug dissolution using evaporative precipitation into aqueous solutionMarazban Sarkari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1062, USA
Int J Pharm 243:17-31. 2002..The high dissolution rates are a consequence of the following advantages of the EPAS process: a small primary particle size, a hydrophilic coating on the particles that enhances wetting, and low crystallinity...
- Failure of stability prediction for minodronic acid injectable by accelerated stability testingKatsutoshi Nakamura
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratories and Novel Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Institute for Drug Development and Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 180 Ozumi Yaizu shi, 425 0072, Shizuoka ken, Japan
Int J Pharm 241:65-71. 2002..Since the particulate generation could not be observed at higher temperatures, it was suggested that the complex formation was exothermic and accelerated testing did not predict the stability in terms of particulate generation...
- Compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administrationQuanyun A Xu
Division of Pharmacy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1998-2000. 2005..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Densitometric determination of diclofenac, 1-(2,6-dichlorophenyl)indolin-2-one and indolin-2-one in pharmaceutical preparations and model solutionsJan Krzek
Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, 9 Medyczna Str, 30 688 Cracow, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:227-43. 2002..34% and for indolin-2-one--95.85%. The method was used for quality assessment of diclofenac in pharmaceutical preparations. Reliable results comparable to those determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) were obtained...
- Oral sustained delivery of paracetamol from in situ gelling xyloglucan formulationsShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:113-9. 2003....
- Effects of annealing lyophilized and spray-lyophilized formulations of recombinant human interferon-gammaSerena D Webb
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0424, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:715-29. 2003....
- Timed-release formulation to avoid drug-drug interaction between diltiazem and midazolamToyohiro Sawada
DDS Research, Novel Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd, 180 Ozumi, Yaizu, Shizuoka 425 0072, Japan
J Pharm Sci 92:790-7. 2003....
- Stability of dolasetron in two oral liquid vehiclesCary E Johnson
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2242-4. 2003..An extemporaneously compounded oral liquid preparation of dolasetron mesylate 10 mg/mL in a 1:1 mixture of Ora-Plus and strawberry syrup or Ora-Sweet was stable for at least 90 days when stored at 3-5 or 23-25 degrees C...
- Nomenclature associated with chemical characterization of and compatibility evaluations for medical product delivery systemsDennis R Jenke
Technology Resources, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 57:97-108. 2003..This manuscript puts forth a nomenclature which classifies those chemical entities which participate in the system/product interaction and delineates the various extraction strategies which may be used in compatibility assessments...
- In vitro and in vivo considerations associated with parenteral sustained release products: a review based upon information presented and points expressed at the 2007 Controlled Release Society Annual MeetingMarilyn Martinez
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Control Release 129:79-87. 2008
- Long-term stabilization of recombinant human interferon alpha 2b in aqueous solution without serum albuminLlamil Ruiz
Formulation Development Department, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology CIGB, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
Int J Pharm 264:57-72. 2003..Furthermore, both the physical stability (color, odor, appearance, pH, and absence of particulate material) and the sterility of this formulation were maintained under the proposed shelf conditions...
- Three simultaneous dissolution profiles on a solid pharmaceutical formulation by a FIA manifold provided with a single spectrophotometric detectorE Vranic
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:1039-48. 2003..The analytical errors when the concentration of one drug is very small or very high are also checked...
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five common parenteral drugs during simulated Y-site administrationThomas C Kupie
Analytical Research Laboratories, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:1735-59. 2008..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with atropine sulfate, famotidine, heparin sodium, lidocaine hydrochloride, and potassium chloride during simulated Y-site administration were studied...
- Development of a simple method for predicting the levels of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate migrated from PVC medical devices into pharmaceutical solutionsYuji Haishima
Division of Medical Devices, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 298:126-42. 2005..significant proportional relationship exists between DEHP release potency and methyl yellow solubility of pharmaceutical solutions, and the risk of DEHP exposure to the patients administered pharmaceuticals through transfusion set could ..
- Rapid determination of lidocaine solutions with non-column chromatographic diode array UV spectroscopy and multivariate calibrationKent Wiberg
AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, Analytical Development, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:1575-86. 2003A new method for the rapid determination of pharmaceutical solutions is proposed. A conventional HPLC system with a Diode Array Detector (DAD) was used with no chromatographic column connected. As eluent, purified water (Milli Q) was used...
- Insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceutical solutionsMette Uve Jars
Protein Chemistry, BA, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 19:621-8. 2002..To isolate and identify the main insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceuticals (pH 7.4 at 5 degrees C), to estimate rates of formation, and to determine their biologic potencies...
- Efficiency, thermodynamic and kinetic stability of marketed gadolinium chelates and their possible clinical consequences: a critical reviewMarc Port
Guerbet, Research Division, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Biometals 21:469-90. 2008..stability, as demonstrated by numerous in vitro and in vivo studies, resulting in various formulations of pharmaceutical solutions of marketed contrast agents...
- Schedule-dependent potentiation of chemotherapeutic drugs by the bioreductive compounds NLCQ-1 and tirapazamine against EMT6 tumors in miceM V Papadopoulou
The Radiation Medicine Institute, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 48:160-8. 2001..Comparisons of schedule-dependent interactions between the hypoxic cytotoxins NLCQ-1/ tirapazamine (TPZ) and various chemotherapeutic drugs in BALB/c mice bearing EMT6 tumors...
- Effect of ethylenediamine on chemical degradation of insulin aspart in pharmaceutical solutionsChristian Poulsen
Pharmaceutics, Diabetes Department, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, room 6B1 58 1, 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 25:2534-44. 2008..To examine the effect of different amine compounds on the chemical degradation of insulin aspart at pharmaceutical formulation conditions...
- Evaluation of model solvent systems for assessing the accumulation of container extractables in drug formulationsD R Jenke
Center for Physical and Chemical Sciences, Baxter Healthcare Inc, William Graham Science Center, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
Int J Pharm 224:51-60. 2001..Of specific concern is the ability of device components to leach into the contacting solution. As pharmaceutical solutions containing surfactants, co-solvents and solubilizing agents become more common, method's for assessing ..
- Modifying the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals with cation and anion series of saltsRussell S J Keast
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pharm Res 19:1019-26. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of a variety of cations and anions on the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals and bitter taste stimuli: pseudoephedrine, ranitidine, acetaminophen, quinine, and urea...
- Significant improvement in sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential settings by non-pharmaceutical interventionsT Hylkema
Coordinator sleep wake research Talant, 9244 ZN Beetsterzwaag, The Netherlands
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:695-703. 2009..Most available studies focus on pharmaceutical solutions. In this study we focus on improving sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential ..
- Detection of IgG aggregation by a high throughput method based on extrinsic fluorescenceFeng He
Formulation and Analytical Resources, AW2 D3152, Amgen, Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:2598-608. 2010..This method may become a powerful high throughput tool to detect IgG aggregates in pharmaceutical solutions and to study other protein properties involving aggregation...
- Preparation of tripterine nanostructured lipid carriers and their absorption in rat intestineLei Zhou
Key Laboratory of New Drug Delivery System of Chinese Materia Medica, Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Pharmazie 67:304-10. 2012..According to the result, the tripterine-loaded NLCs could greatly decrease the cytotoxicity of the drug. In conclusion, the NLC formulation remarkably improved the absorption of tripterine and showed a better biocompatibility...
- A randomized controlled trial of the effect of intrapartum intravenous fluid management on breastfed newborn weight lossJo Watson
Women and Babies Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 41:24-32. 2012..To determine the effect of conservative versus usual intrapartum intravenous (IV) fluid management for low-risk women receiving epidural analgesia on weight loss in breastfed newborns...
- Efficacy of novel benznidazole solutions during the experimental infection with Trypanosoma cruziRomina Manarin
Instituto de Inmunologia, Santa Fe 3100, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Parasitol Int 62:79-81. 2013..cruzi in a murine model of Chagas' disease. Present results constitute the first demonstration on the usefulness of benznidazole solutions in infected mice...
- Study of formulation of pharmaceutical solution form of paracetamol in the pediatric clinical practiceBedri Abdullahu
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Prishtina, Clinical Centre, Prishtina, Kosova
Med Arh 66:5-8. 2012..AIM of the study was selection of 2 different formulations of paracetamol of 2.5% (125 mg/5 mL) in the Pediatric practice. Paracetamol is widely used in the form of the syrup, with usual percentage of acting ingredient of 125 mg/5 mL...
- Comparison between ropivacaine 1.5 mg ml(-1) plus fentanyl 2 mg ml(-1) and ropivacaine 1.5 mg ml(-1) plus clonidine 1 mg ml(-1) as analgesic solution after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a randomized clinical trialKalakonas Apostolos
Department of Anaesthesiology 424 Teaching Military Hospital Thessaloniki, Periferiaki Odos N Eukarpia 56421, Greece
Middle East J Anesthesiol 21:341-5. 2011..Ropivacaine is commonly used as local anesthetic for postoperative analgesia through an epidural catheter. Data show that several adjuvants influence the analgesic effect of local anesthetic potency...
- Acceptability and compliance of atenolol tablet, compounded paste and compounded suspension prescribed to healthy cats*Kuan Hua Khor
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton Campus, Queensland, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 14:99-106. 2012..Further work is now required to assess the amount and stability of the active ingredient and the robustness of the paste and suspension formulations prior to any bioavailability comparisons between the formulations...
- Presence of phthalate esters in intravenous solution evaluated using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry methodIvona Vidić Strac
Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Environmental Health Service, Zagreb, Croatia
J Appl Toxicol 33:214-9. 2013..Since phthalate esters are among the most extensively used industrial chemicals and are widely distributed in the environment, special precautions and further monitoring should be conducted to minimize any possible health risks...
- Stability of the ready-to-use solutions of eribulin for intravenous infusionS Poujol
Oncopharmacology Laboratory, Val d Aurelle Cancer Centre, Parc Euromedecine, rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier, France
Ann Pharm Fr 70:249-55. 2012..Degradation was only found to occur under oxidation conditions...
- Comparison of the therapeutic effectiveness of a dantrolene sodium solution and a novel nanocrystalline suspension of dantrolene sodium in malignant hyperthermia normal and susceptible pigsJan K Schütte
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hospital Cologne Merheim, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:256-64. 2011..The pig model is a well accepted method of studying the malignant hyperthermia crisis and is an ideal way to evaluate the variables of interest in this study...
- A single ascending-dose study of muscle regulator ACE-031 in healthy volunteersKenneth M Attie
Department of Medical Research, Acceleron Pharma, Inc, 128 Sidney Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:416-23. 2013..ACE-031 is a soluble form of activin receptor type IIB (ActRIIB). ACE-031 promotes muscle growth by binding to myostatin and other negative regulators of muscle mass...
- Infant acceptance of a bitter-tasting liquid medication: a randomized controlled trial comparing the Rx Medibottle with an oral syringeMurli U Purswani
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, 1685 Morris Avenue, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:186-8. 2009..Our study tests the efficacy of this bottle in administering a single dose of generic prednisolone liquid, a bitter-tasting drug, with an oral syringe serving as the control method of delivery...
- Comparative bioavailability study in dogs of a self-emulsifying formulation of progesterone presented in a pellet and liquid form compared with an aqueous suspension of progesteroneCatherine Tuleu
Department of Pharmaceutics, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
J Pharm Sci 93:1495-502. 2004..Moreover, presenting the progesterone in the form of a pellet did not prevent the release of the drug in vivo. These data demonstrate the utility of extrusion/spheronization in delivering a nonaqueous system in a novel solid dosage form...
- The use of microcalorimetry and HPLC for the determination of degradation kinetics and thermodynamic parameters of Perindopril Erbumine in aqueous solutionsZ Simoncic
KRKA, D D, Novo mesto, Smarjeska cesta 6, 8501 Novo mesto, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 356:200-5. 2008..MC as a non-specific technique was shown to be useful in studies of PER when one reaction was present in the sample and also when more chemical and physical processes were simultaneously running...
- In situ gelling xyloglucan/pectin formulations for oral sustained drug deliveryKunihiko Itoh
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 356:95-101. 2008..Visual observation of the contents of the rat stomach at intervals after oral administration showed that the inclusion of pectin in the xyloglucan solutions was effective in reducing gel erosion, so sustaining drug release...
- Electroformation in a flow chamber with solution exchange as a means of preparation of flaccid giant vesiclesPrimoz Peterlin
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biophysics, Lipiceva 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 64:77-87. 2008..Based on this result, an alternative mechanism is proposed for the observed exchange of vesicle interior. With modifications, the method of Estes and Mayer is then applied to preparation of flaccid GUVs...
- Oxidation of protein by vaporized sanitizing agentsWei Wang
Analytics and Formulation, Biotechnology Division, Bayer HealthCare, Berkeley, CA 94701, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 58:121-9. 2004..These results strongly suggest that the sanitization process needs to be properly controlled and closely monitored during manufacturing of drug products that are sensitive to oxidation...
- Management of xerostomia in older patients : a randomised controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of a new oral lubricant solutionStephane Mouly
Department of Internal Medicine, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Drugs Aging 24:957-65. 2007..Xerostomia is a subjective sensation of mouth dryness that may frequently occur in older patients...
- Chemical stability of oseltamivir in oral solutionsK Albert
Control Laboratory of Deutscher Arzneimittel Codex, Eschborn, Germany
Pharmazie 62:678-82. 2007..The addition of 0.1% anhydrous citric acid avoided these problems and improved the stability of the solution prepared with potable water to 63 days. Sodium benzoate was stable in all oral solutions tested...
- Temporin A soaking in combination with intraperitoneal linezolid prevents vascular graft infection in a subcutaneous rat pouch model of infection with Staphylococcus epidermidis with intermediate resistance to glycopeptidesAndrea Giacometti
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3162-4. 2004..Linezolid and temporin A, alone or combined, greatly reduced the bacterial numbers compared to the effect with control drugs...
- The suppression of enhanced bitterness intensity of macrolide dry syrup mixed with an acidic powderToshihiko Ishizaka
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, Hyogo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1452-7. 2007..The chocolate jelly will be useful for taste masking of bitter macrolide drug formulations, when they need to be administered together with acidic drug formulations...
- How to combine hygiene and radiation protection for radiopharmaceuticals preparation? Analysis in France and propositionsMarie Laure Biechlin
Radiopharmacie, Centre Hospitalier de Chambery, France
Nucl Med Commun 28:876-8. 2007....
- Hydrosoluble medicated nail lacquers: in vitro drug permeation and corresponding antimycotic activityD Monti
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 33, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
Br J Dermatol 162:311-7. 2010..The present study aimed at evaluating the antimycotic activity of a new water-soluble nail lacquer containing CPX (CPX/sol), easily removable by washing with water and applicable to periungual skin...
- Elucidation of the mechanism of crystal-cell interaction using fibronectin-overexpressing Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsKozo Tsujikawa
Department of Urology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Urol Int 79:157-63. 2007..However, the exact mechanism of FN is not fully understood. To examine the role of FN in crystal-cell interaction, we generated stably transfected MDCK cells that overexpress FN...
- Improvement of pulmonary absorption of cyclopeptide FK224 in rats by co-formulating with beta-cyclodextrinToshiomi Nakate
Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 55:147-54. 2003..beta-CyD or derivatives with various degrees of aqueous solubility are potential drug carriers for controlling pulmonary absorption...
- Solubilization of flurbiprofen in pH-surfactant solutionsPing Li
Pharmaceutical Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, New Jersey 07936, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:951-6. 2003..This suggests that the consideration of interrelations and interdependence of all drug species in pH-surfactant solutions by this model is justified and appropriate...
- Extemporaneous compounding of oral liquid dosage formulations and alternative drug delivery methods for anticancer drugsMasha S H Lam
Hematology Oncology Infusion Clinic, Kaiser Permanente Health Plan, Antioch, California, USA
Pharmacotherapy 31:164-92. 2011....
- Bioequivalence study comparing a new paracetamol solution for injection and propacetamol after single intravenous infusion in healthy subjectsB Flouvat
Laboratoire de Toxicologie, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Rueil Malmaison, France
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 42:50-7. 2004..The secondary objective was to evaluate local tolerance, and clinical and biological safety...
- Absorption pharmacokinetics of clonidine nasal drops in childrenNicole Almenrader
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University Hospital, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 19:257-61. 2009..Effects and pharmacokinetics after oral, rectal, and intravenous administration are well known. The aim of this study was to investigate the absorption pharmacokinetics of clonidine nasal drops in children...
- Ciprofloxacin 0.3%/dexamethasone 0.1% topical drops for the management of otic infectionsPeter S Roland
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9035, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:3129-35. 2008..The authors believe that the use of topical ciprofloxacin/dexamethasone will increase as the advantages of fluoroquinolone/steroid combination therapy become more widely recognized...
- Effective inhibition of mannitol crystallization in frozen solutions by sodium chlorideChitra Telang
College of Pharmacy, 308 Harvard Street S E, University of Minnesota, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pharm Res 20:660-7. 2003..The purpose of this work was to study the possibility of preventing mannitol crystallization in frozen solutions by using pharmaceutically acceptable additives...
- Biological, pharmaceutical, and analytical considerations with respect to the transport media used in the absorption screening system, Caco-2Françoise M Ingels
Biopharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Lilly Development Centre, 11 rue Granbonpré, 1348 Mont Saint Guibert, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 92:1545-58. 2003..g., FASSIF) in combination with an analytically friendly, sink condition creating basolateral solvent (e.g., containing a micelle forming agent) can be suggested...
- Standardization of infusion solutions to reduce the risk of incompatibilityKarin Nemec
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Donauspital, Vienna, Austria
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:1648-54. 2008....
- Preparation and rectal absorption of highly concentrated glycyrrhizin solutionKenjiro Koga
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1299-305. 2003..These results demonstrate that addition of a highly concentrated phosphate salts is effective not only for lowering the viscosity of a highly concentration of GZ solution, but also for improving the mucosal GZ absorption...
- Physical stability of proteins in aqueous solution: mechanism and driving forces in nonnative protein aggregationEva Y Chi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, ECCH 111, Campus Box 424, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Pharm Res 20:1325-36. 2003....
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Investigation in Pediatric ThrombosisNeil Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, translational studies will seek to identify novel candidate protein risk factors and prognostic markers for venous thrombosis in children. ..
- Echinacea for Preventing Colds in ChildrenJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..For the proposed project it is anticipated that 660 patients will be enrolled over a 42-month study period. ..
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Clinical Trials UnitMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2008..administrative component: ..
- CHILDREN'S CENTER FOR CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY STUDIESGregory Kearns; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Safety Pharmacokinetics & Efficacy of Artemether & Lumefantrine in Pregnant WomenMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data from this planned study will provide the information needed to ensure that pregnant women receive the appropriate doses of these anti-malaria drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Investigation in Pediatric ThrombosisNeil Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additionally, translational studies will seek to identify novel candidate protein risk factors and prognostic markers for venous thrombosis in children. ..
- MADMAX: Precise Measurement of Conformational Changes in ProteinsLee Makowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Application of this approach to molecular systems involved in pathogenesis will contribute significantly to the development of strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of human diseases. ..
- CHILDREN'S CENTER FOR CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY STUDIESGregory Kearns; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MADMAX: Precise Measurement of Conformational Changes in ProteinsLee Makowski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Application of this approach to molecular systems involved in pathogenesis will contribute significantly to the development of strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of human diseases. ..
- CHILDREN'S CENTER FOR CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY STUDIESGregory Kearns; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is needed for the safe and effective use of antiretrovirals in nursing women, and will pioneer a novel approach to the study of breast milk drug transfer. ..
- Reducing Mortality from Acute Hemorrhage in TraumaJohn Hess; Fiscal Year: 2006..Reducing death from acute hemorrhage in trauma care will be a major step forward in reducing overall trauma mortality. ..
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- CHILDREN'S CENTER FOR CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY STUDIESGregory Kearns; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PSYCHOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF UMAMI TASTERussell Keast; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Elucidation of the Lipoxygenase-Mediated Pathway of Lun*PAUL MYRDAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Digoxin Chiral Isolates as Improved PharmaceuticalsJohn Somberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The advantage would be a treatment for AF that did not cause cardiac augmentation and vasoconstriction or a treatment for CHF that does not cause heart rate slowing or conduction disturbances. ..
- The Feasibility of Assessing the Prevalence of RicketsJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to assessing possible methodologies for the larger project, the preliminary study is designed to yield standalone results with important implications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Host-Response Relationships in Patients with CandidemiaMelissa Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Clinical Trials UnitMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2007..administrative component: ..
- MADMAX: Precise Measurement of Conformational Changes in ProteinsLee Makowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..Application of this approach to molecular systems involved in pathogenesis will contribute significantly to the development of strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of human diseases. ..