Summary: Homogeneous liquid preparations that contain one or more chemical substances dissolved, i.e., molecularly dispersed, in a suitable solvent or mixture of mutually miscible solvents. For reasons of their ingredients, method of preparation, or use, they do not fall into another group of products.
Publications182 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmaceutical development of a parenteral lyophilised dosage form for the novel anticancer agent C1311Monique W J den Brok
Slotervaart Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Amsterdam
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 59:285-97. 2005..The drug is currently used in phase I clinical trials...
- Stability of norepinephrine infusions prepared in dextrose and normal saline solutionsMaryse Tremblay
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:163-7. 2008..Data on long term stability of NE solutions are lacking. This prospective study was designed to evaluate the stability of NE, in dextrose (5%) in water (D5W) and in normal saline (NS) solutions, for a period up to seven days...
- Characterization of a potential medium for 'biorelevant' in vitro release testing of a naltrexone implant, employing a validated stability-indicating HPLC methodSunil S Iyer
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:845-53. 2007..This was applied to an investigation of in vitro drug release. The method has been proven to be suitable for investigation of naltrexone released from the implant...
- Stability of oral liquid preparations of methylergometrineK Marigny
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Rennes, France
Pharmazie 61:701-5. 2006..No degradation products were revealed. This study allowed an oral ready to use solution of methylergometrine (0.05 mg/ml) to be prepared, with a shelf life of more than one month (47 days) when stored at room temperature without light...
- Study of insolubility problems of dexamethasone and digoxin: cyclodextrin complexationV Dilova
Department of Galenical, Chemical Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
Boll Chim Farm 143:20-3. 2004..The same results can be achieved through HP beta CD, by including Dex in a multicomponent composition containing HP beta CD and citric acid in a molar ratio of 1:4:1...
- Ranitidine (Zantac) syrup versus Ranitidine effervescent tablets (Zantac) EFFERdose) in children: a single-center taste preference studyVanessa Z Ameen
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:265-70. 2006..Ranitidine syrup is available in a peppermint-flavored 15 mg/mL formulation...
- Acceptance of uncoated mini-tablets in young children: results from a prospective exploratory cross-over studyNatalie Spomer
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Dis Child 97:283-6. 2012..To explore the acceptance of uncoated drug-free mini-tablets 2 mm in diameter in children aged 0.5-6 years and their ability to swallow the mini-tablets...
- Particulate and microbial contamination in in-use admixed intravenous infusionsKatsuhiro Yorioka
Department of Pharmacy, Saiseikai Yamaguchi University Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2321-3. 2006..No microbial contamination was observed in any of the residual solutions of 5 types of admixture...
- Three simultaneous dissolution profiles on a solid pharmaceutical formulation by a FIA manifold provided with a single spectrophotometric detectorE Vranic
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:1039-48. 2003..The analytical errors when the concentration of one drug is very small or very high are also checked...
- Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving risedronate tablets for oral administration and for feeding tubesRichard J Dansereau
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:63-7. 2005..Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving tablets for feeding tubes and for preparation of an oral liquid have not previously been evaluated...
- In vivo performance of an oral MR matrix tablet formulation in the beagle dog in the fed and fasted state: assessment of mechanical weaknessFiona McInnes
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Pharm Res 25:1075-84. 2008..To evaluate the behaviour of an oral matrix modified release formulation in the canine gastrointestinal tract, and establish if a mechanical weakness previously observed in clinical studies would have been identified in the dog model...
- Tuning the polymer release from hydrophilic matrix tablets by mixing short and long matrix polymersAnna Korner
Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Box 124, SE 221 00, Lund, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 94:759-69. 2005..The presence of small amounts of additives in the nonpurified commercial samples had no significant effect on the tablet dissolution within the uncertainty of the experiment...
- Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the analysis of metforminM Saeed Arayne
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:231-5. 2006..The proposed method is rapid, accurate, economical and selective and it may be used for the quantitative analysis of metformin in Neodipar tablets because of its sensitivity and reproducibility...
- A stability indicating LC method for zolmitriptanB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:503-9. 2005..The stress samples were assayed against a qualified reference standard and the mass balance was found close to 99.5%. The developed RP-LC method was validated with respect to linearity, accuracy, precision and robustness...
- Is the use of a 200 ml vessel suitable for dissolution of low dose drug products?Debbie J Crail
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
Int J Pharm 269:203-9. 2004..The results of the multiple dosage units per vessel also gave similar results to that of the USP monograph method...
- Influence of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human antibody in aqueous and solid formsBei Chen
Department of Process Sciences, Abgenix, Inc, Fremont, CA 94555, USA
Pharm Res 20:1952-60. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human anti-IL8 monoclonal antibody (ABX-IL8) in aqueous and solid forms...
- Parallel screening approach to identify solubility-enhancing formulations for improved bioavailability of a poorly water-soluble compound using milligram quantities of materialWei Guo Dai
ALZA Corporation, 1900 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94039, USA
Int J Pharm 336:1-11. 2007....
- Stabilization of rasburicase and physico-chemical characterization of the resulting injectable formulationAlain Bayol
Analytical Science Department, Sanofi Synthelabo Recherche, Labege, France
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:877-89. 2004..Crystallised excipients participate in forming the structure of the powder and therefore help to prevent any collapse. Amorphous mannitol creates a surrounding medium favourable to the stability of the protein...
- Densitometric determination of diclofenac, 1-(2,6-dichlorophenyl)indolin-2-one and indolin-2-one in pharmaceutical preparations and model solutionsJan Krzek
Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, 9 Medyczna Str, 30 688 Cracow, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:227-43. 2002..34% and for indolin-2-one--95.85%. The method was used for quality assessment of diclofenac in pharmaceutical preparations. Reliable results comparable to those determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) were obtained...
- Solution-mediated phase transformation of anhydrous to dihydrate carbamazepine and the effect of lattice disorderD Murphy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Int J Pharm 246:121-34. 2002..These results have significant consequences on the concentration-time profiles of active pharmaceutical ingredients during dissolution of metastable solid phases, crystalline or amorphous...
- Formulation and evaluation of ketorolac transdermal systemsJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Drug Deliv 14:69-74. 2007..There was an excellent relationship found between in vitro permeation flux and in vivo AUC0-infinity...
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five common parenteral drugs during simulated Y-site administrationThomas C Kupie
Analytical Research Laboratories, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:1735-59. 2008..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with atropine sulfate, famotidine, heparin sodium, lidocaine hydrochloride, and potassium chloride during simulated Y-site administration were studied...
- Stability and transdermal absorption of topical amphotericin B liposome formulationsA Manosroi
Pharmaceutical Cosmetics Raw Materials and Natural Products Research and Development Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute for Science and Technology Research and Development, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 270:279-86. 2004..AmB entrapped in charged liposomes showed sustained skin absorption. The positively charged liposome might be the best formulation for AmB, due to its higher stability than other formulations...
- A validated stability indicating ion-pair RP-LC method for zoledronic acidB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:781-90. 2005..It can be also used to test the stability samples of zoledronic acid...
- Development of parenteral formulation for a novel angiogenesis inhibitor, CKD-732 through complexation with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrinJae Hyun Kim
Pharmaceutical Research Labs, CKD Research Institute, Chong Kun Dang Pharm, P O Box 74, Chonan 330 600, South Korea
Int J Pharm 272:79-89. 2004..hemioxalate solution with the favorable reduction of irritation. These results demonstrate that the CKD-732/HP-beta-CyD complex is an attractive formulation for use in the parenteral delivery of CKD-732...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed solutions in plastic syringesYanping Zhang
Pharmacy Laboratory, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:2026-8. 2005..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed solutions beyond 24 hours...
- Enhanced drug dissolution using evaporative precipitation into aqueous solutionMarazban Sarkari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1062, USA
Int J Pharm 243:17-31. 2002..The high dissolution rates are a consequence of the following advantages of the EPAS process: a small primary particle size, a hydrophilic coating on the particles that enhances wetting, and low crystallinity...
- Chemical analysis of freshly prepared and stored capsaicin solutions: implications for tussigenic challengesScott E Kopec
The Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 15:529-34. 2002..033). We conclude that the actual concentration of capsaicin solution is less than predicted, and solutions of 4 microM or higher concentration are stable for 1 year if stored at 4 degrees C protected from light...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed in infusion solutionsYanping Zhang
MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1082-5. 2006..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed beyond 24 hours...
- Variations in captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure: a survey in the United kingdomHussain Mulla
Centre for Pharmacy Practice Research, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:409-11. 2007..The objective of this study was to ascertain the interhospital constancy of unlicensed liquid captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure in the UK...
- Determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride, related impurities and preservatives in oral solution and tablet dosage forms using HPLCA M Y Jaber
Chemistry Department, King Fahid University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 36:341-50. 2004..28-0.86 microg ml(-1), respectively. The method proved to be specific, stability indicating, accurate, precise, robust and could be used as an alternative to the European pharmacopoeial method set for CZ and its related impurities...
- In vitro and in vivo considerations associated with parenteral sustained release products: a review based upon information presented and points expressed at the 2007 Controlled Release Society Annual MeetingMarilyn Martinez
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Control Release 129:79-87. 2008
- Oral sustained delivery of paracetamol from in situ gelling xyloglucan formulationsShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:113-9. 2003....
- Compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administrationQuanyun A Xu
Division of Pharmacy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1998-2000. 2005..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five opiate agonists during simulated Y-site administrationLawrence A Trissel
TriPharma Research, Cashiers, NC 28717 0265, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:1209-13. 2007..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with fentanyl citrate, hydromorphone hydrochloride, meperidine hydrochloride, morphine sulfate, and sufentanil citrate during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Improving the dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drug by solid dispersion and solid solution: pros and consRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Drug Deliv 14:33-45. 2007..Therefore, considering physical stability and in vivo study results, the solid dispersion was the most suitable choice to improve dissolution rates and hence the bioavailability of the poorly water soluble drug...
- A stability-indicating HPLC method for medroxyprogesterone acetate in bulk drug and injection formulationJankana Burana-Osot
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Sanamchandra Palace Campus, Nakhon Pathom 73000, Thailand
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:1068-72. 2006..The method was found to be suitable for the quality control of MPA in bulk drug and injections as well as the stability-indicating studies...
- Preparation and characterization of enrofloxacin/carbopol complex in aqueous solutionMyung Kwan Chun
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:670-5. 2004..Therefore, these observations suggest that Carbo-enrofloxacin complex I can be used to mask the taste of enrofloxacin...
- Long-term stabilization of recombinant human interferon alpha 2b in aqueous solution without serum albuminLlamil Ruiz
Formulation Development Department, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology CIGB, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
Int J Pharm 264:57-72. 2003..Furthermore, both the physical stability (color, odor, appearance, pH, and absence of particulate material) and the sterility of this formulation were maintained under the proposed shelf conditions...
- Effects of annealing lyophilized and spray-lyophilized formulations of recombinant human interferon-gammaSerena D Webb
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0424, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:715-29. 2003....
- A new formulation concept for drugs with poor water solubility for parenteral applicationK Jurgens
Department for Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Germany
Pharmazie 60:665-70. 2005..First in vivo data show good tolerability and blood plasma levels which are comparable to conventional solutions...
- Dissolution test for liquid formulations of omeprazole enteric-coated productsHye J Jang
Ann Pharmacother 37:150-1. 2003
- A mechanistic study of danazol dissolution in ionic surfactant solutionsWei Sun
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:424-35. 2003..In that situation, the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-measured drug diffusivity would not be its actual value in the dissolution process...
- An explanation for the physical instability of a marketed fixed dose combination (FDC) formulation containing isoniazid and ethambutol and proposed solutionsHemant Bhutani
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:667-72. 2004..The study suggests that barrier packaging free from defects and alternatively (or in combination) film coating of the tablets with water-resistant polymers are essential for this formulation...
- Stability of dolasetron in two oral liquid vehiclesCary E Johnson
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2242-4. 2003..An extemporaneously compounded oral liquid preparation of dolasetron mesylate 10 mg/mL in a 1:1 mixture of Ora-Plus and strawberry syrup or Ora-Sweet was stable for at least 90 days when stored at 3-5 or 23-25 degrees C...
- Timed-release formulation to avoid drug-drug interaction between diltiazem and midazolamToyohiro Sawada
DDS Research, Novel Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd, 180 Ozumi, Yaizu, Shizuoka 425 0072, Japan
J Pharm Sci 92:790-7. 2003....
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a sulfobutyl ether beta-cyclodextrin enabled etomidate formulationMichelle P McIntosh
The Center for Drug Delivery Research, The University of Kansas, 2099 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:2585-94. 2004..The results suggest that the SBE-CD formulation is a viable clinical drug product with a reduced side-effect profile...
- Failure of stability prediction for minodronic acid injectable by accelerated stability testingKatsutoshi Nakamura
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratories and Novel Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Institute for Drug Development and Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 180 Ozumi Yaizu shi, 425 0072, Shizuoka ken, Japan
Int J Pharm 241:65-71. 2002..Since the particulate generation could not be observed at higher temperatures, it was suggested that the complex formation was exothermic and accelerated testing did not predict the stability in terms of particulate generation...
- Solution stability of factor Xa inhibitors as a function of pHPei Yang
Drug Development, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:967-73. 2004..The mechanism of the reaction is not a specific-acid/base-catalyzed reaction. Based on the experience of this study, an ideal experimental design is proposed, which will be useful for future study on similar drug candidate...
- Challenges and opportunities in the encapsulation of liquid and semi-solid formulations into capsules for oral administrationEwart T Cole
Capsugel Division of Pfizer, CH 4114 Hofstetten, Switzerland
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:747-56. 2008..Filling and sealing technologies for hard capsules, provides the formulator with the flexibility of developing formulations in-house from small scale, as required for Phase I studies, up to production...
- Nomenclature associated with chemical characterization of and compatibility evaluations for medical product delivery systemsDennis R Jenke
Technology Resources, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 57:97-108. 2003..This manuscript puts forth a nomenclature which classifies those chemical entities which participate in the system/product interaction and delineates the various extraction strategies which may be used in compatibility assessments...
- Dissolution rate enhancement by adsorption of poorly soluble drugs on hydrophilic silica aerogelsIrina Smirnova
Fachgebiet Thermodynamik und Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, Institut fur Verfahrenstechnik, Technische Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pharm Dev Technol 9:443-52. 2004..The dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drugs can be significantly enhanced by adsorption on highly porous hydrophilic silica aerogels...
- Stability of Ala 125 recombinant human interleukin-2 in solutionNuria Reyes
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:31-7. 2005..Taken together, these preformulation results can be used to design an adequate liquid vehicle for rhIL-2A(125) to be manufactured for human use...
- Stability of flucytosine 50 mg/mL in extemporaneous oral liquid formulationsHeather L Vandenbussche
University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers UMHHC, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:1853-5. 2002
- Compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in multilayer polyolefin containersChristelle Bougouin
Pharmacy Service, Caremeau Hospital Medical Center, place du Professeur Debré, 3000 Nîmes, France
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2001-5. 2005..The compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in 5% dextrose injection and 0.9% sodium chloride injection was studied...
- Physicochemical characterization of ricobendazole: I. Solubility, lipophilicity, and ionization characteristicsZimei Wu
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 94:983-93. 2005....
- Inclusion complexation of diazepam with different cyclodextrins in formulations for parenteral useC Holvoet
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Physical Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB Brussels, Belgium
Pharmazie 60:598-603. 2005..The stability of the preparations, with and without pH adjustment to pH 5, was investigated during 18 months and during this period no noticeable degradation was observed...
- Development of a simple method for predicting the levels of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate migrated from PVC medical devices into pharmaceutical solutionsYuji Haishima
Division of Medical Devices, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 298:126-42. 2005..significant proportional relationship exists between DEHP release potency and methyl yellow solubility of pharmaceutical solutions, and the risk of DEHP exposure to the patients administered pharmaceuticals through transfusion set could ..
- Rapid determination of lidocaine solutions with non-column chromatographic diode array UV spectroscopy and multivariate calibrationKent Wiberg
AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, Analytical Development, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:1575-86. 2003A new method for the rapid determination of pharmaceutical solutions is proposed. A conventional HPLC system with a Diode Array Detector (DAD) was used with no chromatographic column connected. As eluent, purified water (Milli Q) was used...
- Insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceutical solutionsMette Uve Jars
Protein Chemistry, BA, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 19:621-8. 2002..To isolate and identify the main insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceuticals (pH 7.4 at 5 degrees C), to estimate rates of formation, and to determine their biologic potencies...
- Efficiency, thermodynamic and kinetic stability of marketed gadolinium chelates and their possible clinical consequences: a critical reviewMarc Port
Guerbet, Research Division, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Biometals 21:469-90. 2008..stability, as demonstrated by numerous in vitro and in vivo studies, resulting in various formulations of pharmaceutical solutions of marketed contrast agents...
- Schedule-dependent potentiation of chemotherapeutic drugs by the bioreductive compounds NLCQ-1 and tirapazamine against EMT6 tumors in miceM V Papadopoulou
The Radiation Medicine Institute, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 48:160-8. 2001..Comparisons of schedule-dependent interactions between the hypoxic cytotoxins NLCQ-1/ tirapazamine (TPZ) and various chemotherapeutic drugs in BALB/c mice bearing EMT6 tumors...
- Effect of ethylenediamine on chemical degradation of insulin aspart in pharmaceutical solutionsChristian Poulsen
Pharmaceutics, Diabetes Department, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, room 6B1 58 1, 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 25:2534-44. 2008..To examine the effect of different amine compounds on the chemical degradation of insulin aspart at pharmaceutical formulation conditions...
- Modifying the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals with cation and anion series of saltsRussell S J Keast
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pharm Res 19:1019-26. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of a variety of cations and anions on the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals and bitter taste stimuli: pseudoephedrine, ranitidine, acetaminophen, quinine, and urea...
- Significant improvement in sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential settings by non-pharmaceutical interventionsT Hylkema
Coordinator sleep wake research Talant, 9244 ZN Beetsterzwaag, The Netherlands
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:695-703. 2009..Most available studies focus on pharmaceutical solutions. In this study we focus on improving sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential ..
- Evaluation of model solvent systems for assessing the accumulation of container extractables in drug formulationsD R Jenke
Center for Physical and Chemical Sciences, Baxter Healthcare Inc, William Graham Science Center, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
Int J Pharm 224:51-60. 2001..Of specific concern is the ability of device components to leach into the contacting solution. As pharmaceutical solutions containing surfactants, co-solvents and solubilizing agents become more common, method's for assessing ..
- Detection of IgG aggregation by a high throughput method based on extrinsic fluorescenceFeng He
Formulation and Analytical Resources, AW2 D3152, Amgen, Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:2598-608. 2010..This method may become a powerful high throughput tool to detect IgG aggregates in pharmaceutical solutions and to study other protein properties involving aggregation...
- Comparison between ropivacaine 1.5 mg ml(-1) plus fentanyl 2 mg ml(-1) and ropivacaine 1.5 mg ml(-1) plus clonidine 1 mg ml(-1) as analgesic solution after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a randomized clinical trialKalakonas Apostolos
Department of Anaesthesiology 424 Teaching Military Hospital Thessaloniki, Periferiaki Odos N Eukarpia 56421, Greece
Middle East J Anesthesiol 21:341-5. 2011..Ropivacaine is commonly used as local anesthetic for postoperative analgesia through an epidural catheter. Data show that several adjuvants influence the analgesic effect of local anesthetic potency...
- Comparison of the therapeutic effectiveness of a dantrolene sodium solution and a novel nanocrystalline suspension of dantrolene sodium in malignant hyperthermia normal and susceptible pigsJan K Schütte
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hospital Cologne Merheim, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:256-64. 2011..The pig model is a well accepted method of studying the malignant hyperthermia crisis and is an ideal way to evaluate the variables of interest in this study...
- A randomized controlled trial of the effect of intrapartum intravenous fluid management on breastfed newborn weight lossJo Watson
Women and Babies Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 41:24-32. 2012..To determine the effect of conservative versus usual intrapartum intravenous (IV) fluid management for low-risk women receiving epidural analgesia on weight loss in breastfed newborns...
- A single ascending-dose study of muscle regulator ACE-031 in healthy volunteersKenneth M Attie
Department of Medical Research, Acceleron Pharma, Inc, 128 Sidney Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:416-23. 2013..ACE-031 is a soluble form of activin receptor type IIB (ActRIIB). ACE-031 promotes muscle growth by binding to myostatin and other negative regulators of muscle mass...
- Presence of phthalate esters in intravenous solution evaluated using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry methodIvona Vidić Strac
Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Environmental Health Service, Zagreb, Croatia
J Appl Toxicol 33:214-9. 2013..Since phthalate esters are among the most extensively used industrial chemicals and are widely distributed in the environment, special precautions and further monitoring should be conducted to minimize any possible health risks...
- Stability of the ready-to-use solutions of eribulin for intravenous infusionS Poujol
Oncopharmacology Laboratory, Val d Aurelle Cancer Centre, Parc Euromedecine, rue des Apothicaires, 34298 Montpellier, France
Ann Pharm Fr 70:249-55. 2012..Degradation was only found to occur under oxidation conditions...
- Efficacy of novel benznidazole solutions during the experimental infection with Trypanosoma cruziRomina Manarin
Instituto de Inmunologia, Santa Fe 3100, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Parasitol Int 62:79-81. 2013..cruzi in a murine model of Chagas' disease. Present results constitute the first demonstration on the usefulness of benznidazole solutions in infected mice...
- Preparation of tripterine nanostructured lipid carriers and their absorption in rat intestineLei Zhou
Key Laboratory of New Drug Delivery System of Chinese Materia Medica, Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Pharmazie 67:304-10. 2012..According to the result, the tripterine-loaded NLCs could greatly decrease the cytotoxicity of the drug. In conclusion, the NLC formulation remarkably improved the absorption of tripterine and showed a better biocompatibility...
- Study of formulation of pharmaceutical solution form of paracetamol in the pediatric clinical practiceBedri Abdullahu
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Prishtina, Clinical Centre, Prishtina, Kosova
Med Arh 66:5-8. 2012..AIM of the study was selection of 2 different formulations of paracetamol of 2.5% (125 mg/5 mL) in the Pediatric practice. Paracetamol is widely used in the form of the syrup, with usual percentage of acting ingredient of 125 mg/5 mL...
- Acceptability and compliance of atenolol tablet, compounded paste and compounded suspension prescribed to healthy cats*Kuan Hua Khor
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton Campus, Queensland, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 14:99-106. 2012..Further work is now required to assess the amount and stability of the active ingredient and the robustness of the paste and suspension formulations prior to any bioavailability comparisons between the formulations...
- Improvement of pulmonary absorption of cyclopeptide FK224 in rats by co-formulating with beta-cyclodextrinToshiomi Nakate
Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 55:147-54. 2003..beta-CyD or derivatives with various degrees of aqueous solubility are potential drug carriers for controlling pulmonary absorption...
- The effect of taste masking agents on in situ gelling pectin formulations for oral sustained delivery of paracetamol and ambroxolShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Int J Pharm 297:38-49. 2005..Sustained release of ambroxol from in situ gelling formulations was achieved with pectin concentrations of 1.5 and 1% (w/v) and a sorbitol concentration of 10% (w/v)...
- Solution equilibria of deferoxamine amidesPeter M Ihnat
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center 986025, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6025, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1733-41. 2002....
- Effective inhibition of mannitol crystallization in frozen solutions by sodium chlorideChitra Telang
College of Pharmacy, 308 Harvard Street S E, University of Minnesota, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pharm Res 20:660-7. 2003..The purpose of this work was to study the possibility of preventing mannitol crystallization in frozen solutions by using pharmaceutically acceptable additives...
- Hydrosoluble medicated nail lacquers: in vitro drug permeation and corresponding antimycotic activityD Monti
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 33, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
Br J Dermatol 162:311-7. 2010..The present study aimed at evaluating the antimycotic activity of a new water-soluble nail lacquer containing CPX (CPX/sol), easily removable by washing with water and applicable to periungual skin...
- Albendazole treatment in cystic echinococcosis: pharmacokinetics and clinical efficacy of two different aqueous formulationsLaura Ceballos
Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Campus Universitario, 7000, Tandil, Argentina
Parasitol Res 103:355-62. 2008..However, consistent with the observed PK results, both ABZ formulations were clinically effective in infected mice treated with a 12-h dosing interval (15 days therapy)...
- Biopharmaceutical considerations on antihistamine effects of topically administered emedastineShoichi Harada
Clinical Development Department, Nippon Organon K K, Dojima Avanza 14F, 1 6 20 Dojima, Kita ku, Osaka 530 0003, Japan
J Pharm Sci 94:17-24. 2005..The transdermal flux of the drug appears to be a good measure of its pharmacological effect...
- The dissolution of urinary catheter encrustationK A Getliffe
European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
BJU Int 85:60-4. 2000..To identify the optimum volume of acidic bladder washout solution to dissolve catheter encrustations and to compare the effectiveness of different bladder washout delivery devices...
- A validated stability-indicating UPLC method for desloratadine and its impurities in pharmaceutical dosage formsDantu Durga Rao
Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd, IPDO, Bachupally, Hyderabad 500072, A P, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:736-42. 2010..This method was also suitable for the assay determination of desloratadine in pharmaceutical dosage forms...
- Thermodynamic aspects of cluster crystallization in cryoprotective solutionsA I Osetsky
Institute for Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkov, Ukraine
Cryo Letters 32:216-24. 2011..This should be taken into account when designing the cryopreservation protocols for biological systems...
- A smart interface for reliable intradermal injection and infusion of high and low viscosity solutionsMichael Vosseler
HSG IMIT, Wilhelm Schickard Str 10, 78052, Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Pharm Res 28:647-61. 2011..Our solution enables injections or infusions that are less invasive compared to subcutaneous injections and are leakage-free at the location of penetration...
- Absorption pharmacokinetics of clonidine nasal drops in childrenNicole Almenrader
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University Hospital, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 19:257-61. 2009..Effects and pharmacokinetics after oral, rectal, and intravenous administration are well known. The aim of this study was to investigate the absorption pharmacokinetics of clonidine nasal drops in children...
- Stability of buprenorphine, haloperidol and glycopyrrolate mixture in a 0.9% sodium chloride solutionA Jäppinen
Central Finland Hospital, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Pharm World Sci 21:272-4. 1999....
- [Morphology and function of platelets stored in modified platelet additive solution at low temperature]Xin Wang
Department of Transfusion, Southwest Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:797-801. 2009..In short, PAS-IIIM serves as a good substitute of plasma for platelet storage, and protects the chilled platelets...
- Extemporaneous compounding of oral liquid dosage formulations and alternative drug delivery methods for anticancer drugsMasha S H Lam
Hematology Oncology Infusion Clinic, Kaiser Permanente Health Plan, Antioch, California, USA
Pharmacotherapy 31:164-92. 2011....
- Characterization of glass solutions of poorly water-soluble drugs produced by melt extrusion with hydrophilic amorphous polymersA Forster
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Pharmacol 53:303-15. 2001..All extrudates remained amorphous when stored at 25 degrees C/< 10% RH. Differences in the physical stability of drug/polymer extrudates may be due to differences in H-bonding between the components...
- Oxidation of protein by vaporized sanitizing agentsWei Wang
Analytics and Formulation, Biotechnology Division, Bayer HealthCare, Berkeley, CA 94701, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 58:121-9. 2004..These results strongly suggest that the sanitization process needs to be properly controlled and closely monitored during manufacturing of drug products that are sensitive to oxidation...
- Biological, pharmaceutical, and analytical considerations with respect to the transport media used in the absorption screening system, Caco-2Françoise M Ingels
Biopharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Lilly Development Centre, 11 rue Granbonpré, 1348 Mont Saint Guibert, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 92:1545-58. 2003..g., FASSIF) in combination with an analytically friendly, sink condition creating basolateral solvent (e.g., containing a micelle forming agent) can be suggested...
- Bioequivalence of a propylene glycol-based liquid dapsone preparation and dapsone tabletsM Mirochnick
Boston Medical Center Maternity 6, MA 02118, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 57:1775-7. 2000..Time to maximum serum concentration tended to be lower for the liquid, but not significantly. The liquid and tablet formulations of dapsone studied were found to be bioequivalent and may be used interchangeably...
- A small peptide modeled after the NRAGE repeat domain inhibits XIAP-TAB1-TAK1 signaling for NF-κB activation and apoptosis in P19 cellsJennifer A Rochira
University of Maine, Orono, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20659. 2011..illustrate that the paradigm of the NRAGE repeat domain may hold promising therapeutic strategies in developing pharmaceutical solutions for combating harmful diseases involving excessive downstream BMP signaling, including apoptosis.
- Electroformation in a flow chamber with solution exchange as a means of preparation of flaccid giant vesiclesPrimoz Peterlin
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biophysics, Lipiceva 2, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 64:77-87. 2008..Based on this result, an alternative mechanism is proposed for the observed exchange of vesicle interior. With modifications, the method of Estes and Mayer is then applied to preparation of flaccid GUVs...
- Alternative to liquid nitrogen for freezing skin lesionsM Dean Havron
Am Fam Physician 72:573; author reply 574. 2005
- Results of a randomised, multicentre study comparing a new water-based gel of clindamycin 1% versus clindamycin 1% topical solution in the treatment of acne vulgarisM Alirezai
Eur J Dermatol 15:274-8. 2005..In conclusion, the new water-based gel once-a-day formulation of clindamycin 1% is an effective, safe, and convenient alternative to the twice-a-day topical solution formulation in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Preparation and rectal absorption of highly concentrated glycyrrhizin solutionKenjiro Koga
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1299-305. 2003..These results demonstrate that addition of a highly concentrated phosphate salts is effective not only for lowering the viscosity of a highly concentration of GZ solution, but also for improving the mucosal GZ absorption...
- Clinical Investigation in Pediatric ThrombosisNeil Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, translational studies will seek to identify novel candidate protein risk factors and prognostic markers for venous thrombosis in children. ..
- Echinacea for Preventing Colds in ChildrenJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..For the proposed project it is anticipated that 660 patients will be enrolled over a 42-month study period. ..
- MADMAX: Precise Measurement of Conformational Changes in ProteinsLee Makowski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Application of this approach to molecular systems involved in pathogenesis will contribute significantly to the development of strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of human diseases. ..
- CHILDREN'S CENTER FOR CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY STUDIESGregory Kearns; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is needed for the safe and effective use of antiretrovirals in nursing women, and will pioneer a novel approach to the study of breast milk drug transfer. ..
- Reducing Mortality from Acute Hemorrhage in TraumaJohn Hess; Fiscal Year: 2006..Reducing death from acute hemorrhage in trauma care will be a major step forward in reducing overall trauma mortality. ..
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PSYCHOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF UMAMI TASTERussell Keast; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Elucidation of the Lipoxygenase-Mediated Pathway of Lun*PAUL MYRDAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Digoxin Chiral Isolates as Improved PharmaceuticalsJohn Somberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The advantage would be a treatment for AF that did not cause cardiac augmentation and vasoconstriction or a treatment for CHF that does not cause heart rate slowing or conduction disturbances. ..
- The Feasibility of Assessing the Prevalence of RicketsJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to assessing possible methodologies for the larger project, the preliminary study is designed to yield standalone results with important implications. ..
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Host-Response Relationships in Patients with CandidemiaMelissa Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Clinical Trials UnitMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2007..administrative component: ..
- MADMAX: Precise Measurement of Conformational Changes in ProteinsLee Makowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..Application of this approach to molecular systems involved in pathogenesis will contribute significantly to the development of strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of human diseases. ..