Summary: Used as an indicator in titrating iron and for the colorimetric determination of chromium and the detection of cadmium, mercury, magnesium, aldehydes, and emetine.
- Spectrophotometric detection of iodide and chromic (III) in urine after oxidation to iodine and chromate (VI)Buddha D Paul
Division of Forensic Toxicology, Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Anal Toxicol 29:658-63. 2005..this study, chromic was oxidized to chromate by hydrogen peroxide and sodium hydroxide and detected by 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. Linearity was 5.2 to 156 mg/L (0.1 to 3.0 mmol/L, y = 1.0285x - 0.0034, R2 = 0.9998)...
- pH dependence of the efficiency of binding of iron cations to the donor side of photosystem IIB K Semin
Faculty of Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 69:331-9. 2004..The pH dependence of the blocking was measured using the diphenylcarbazide/2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol test. The curve of the pH dependence is bell-shaped with pK1 = 5.8 and pK2 = 8...
- Solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by adsorption of its diphenylcarbazide complex on an Amberlite XAD-4 resin columnN Rajesh
Chemistry Group, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031, India
J Hazard Mater 150:723-7. 2008A method has been developed for the solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) based on the adsorption of its diphenylcarbazide complex on an Amberlite XAD-4 resin column...
- Interactions between diphenylcarbazide, zinc, cobalt, and manganese on the oxidizing side of photosystem IIM L Ghirardi
Photoconversion Branch, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Biochemistry 35:1820-8. 1996..e., Asp170 on D1, as found by other investigators)...
- Determination of Cr(VI) concentration in diluted samples based on the paper test strip methodF Kong
Key Laboratory of Pulp and Paper Engineering of Education Ministry of China, Shandong Institute of Light Industry, Jinan 250353, China
Water Sci Technol 60:3083-9. 2009..The Cr(VI)-containing test strip was then immersed into a diphenylcarbazide (DPC) solution (a color forming solution), and the color intensity was correlated to the Cr(VI) ..
- Effect of organic solvents in the on-line thermal lens spectrometric detection of chromium(III) and chromium(VI) after ion chromatographic separationM Sikovec
Laboratory of Environmental Research, Nova Gorica Polytechnic, Slovenia
J Chromatogr A 920:119-25. 2001..pre-column derivatized Cr(III)-pyridine-2,6-dicarboxylic acid, and post-column derivatized Cr(VI)-1,5-diphenylcarbazide] following the ion chromatographic separation on a Dionex HPIC-CS5A solvent compatible column...
- In-syringe magnetic-stirring-assisted liquid-liquid microextraction for the spectrophotometric determination of Cr(VI) in watersCamelia Henríquez
Laboratory of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, University of the Balearic Islands, Carreterra de Valldemossa km 7 5, 07122, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 405:6761-9. 2013..It is based on the selective reaction of Cr(VI) with diphenylcarbazide in acidic media to form a colored complex of Cr(III) with the oxidation product diphenylcarbazone...
- On-line filtration system for determining total chromium and chromium in the soluble fraction of industrial effluents by flow injection flame atomic absorption spectrometryI López-García
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Murcia, 30071 Murcia, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 373:98-102. 2002..with those found by treating the samples and using both FAAS in a conventional way and a spectrophotometric method using diphenylcarbazide at the 95% confidence level (ANOVA test). The proposed procedures showed a RSD lower than +/-3%.
- Selective preconcentration and determination of chromium(VI) using a flat sheet polymer inclusion sorbent: potential application for Cr(VI) determination in real samplesY M Scindia
Radiochemistry Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Trombay, Mumbai, India
Anal Chem 74:4204-12. 2002..PIS by spectrophotometry was carried out by developing color directly on the PIS after reacting it with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. The distinct color developed on the PIS even at very low concentrations of Cr(VI) suggests its possible use ..
- Note on the methods for determination of chromic oxide in shrimp feedsS Divakaran
The Oceanic Institute, Makapuu Point, 41 202 Kalanianaole Highway, Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:464-7. 2002..by spectrophotometry in the visible range at 350, 370, or 440 nm or after forming a colored complex with diphenylcarbazide (DPC) by colorimetry at 540 nm...
- Hydrogen peroxide inhibits photosynthetic electron transport in cells of cyanobacteriaV D Samuilov
Department of Cell Physiology and Immunology, School of Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, 119899, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 66:640-5. 2001..Photosynthetic electron transfer in the cells treated with H2O2 was not maintained by H2O2, NH2OH, 1,5-diphenylcarbazide, tetraphenylboron, or butylated hydroxytoluene added as artificial electron donors for Photosystem (PS) II...
- Simultaneous separation and determination of trace amounts of Cd(II) and Cu(II) in environmental samples using novel diphenylcarbazide modified nanoporous silicaAkbar Bagheri
Department of Chemistry, Shahid Beheshti University, G C, Tehran 1983963113, Iran b
Talanta 89:455-61. 2012..simultaneous separation of cadmium and copper was prepared by functionalizing SBA-15 nanoporous silica with diphenylcarbazide. A solid-phase extraction method using the above sorbent has been developed to separate and concentrate ..
- Requirement for Asn298 on D1 protein for oxygen evolution: analyses by exhaustive amino acid substitution in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiHiroshi Kuroda
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3 1 1 Tsushima naka, Kita ku, Okayama, 700 8530 JapanJapan Science and Technology Agency, CREST
Plant Cell Physiol 55:1266-75. 2014..mutants accumulated PSII at variable levels and showed a light-induced electron transfer reaction from 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) to 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol (DCIP), suggesting that Asn298 is important for the function and ..
- Selective sampling and measurement of Cr (VI) in water with polyquaternary ammonium salt as a binding agent in diffusive gradients in thin-films techniqueHong Chen
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Food Safety, Bohai University, China Research Institute of Food Science, Bohai University, China Food Safety Key Lab of Liaoning Province, Jinzhou 121013, China Electronic address
J Hazard Mater 271:160-5. 2014..Compared with diphenylcarbazide spectrophotometric method (DPC), the measurement of Cr (VI) with PQAS DGT was agreement with that of DPC ..
- Continuous ultrasound-assisted extraction of hexavalent chromium from soil with or without on-line preconcentration prior to photometric monitoringJ L Luque-García
Analytical Chemistry Division, Annex C 3, Campus of Rabanales, University of Cordoba, E 14071 Cordoba, Spain
Analyst 127:1115-20. 2002..The coloured complex formed between 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and CrVI was used as recommended in EPA method 7196A because it is one of the most sensitive and ..
- Ultra-trace recognition and removal of toxic chromium (VI) ions from water using visual mesocaptorMd A Shenashen
National Institute for Materials Science NIMS, 1 2 1 Sengen, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 0047, Japan
J Hazard Mater 244:726-35. 2013The key to designing optical mesocaptors is to construct a chromogenic receptor, namely, diphenylcarbazide (DPC), as a nanoscale platform scavenger with different functional characteristics, such as density, accessibility, and intrinsic ..
- Determination of hexavalent chromium at the level of the California Public Health Goal by ion chromatographyD H Thomas
Dionex Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA 94088 3606, USA
J Chromatogr A 956:255-9. 2002..0 ml/min, a 1000 microl injection volume, and postcolumn reaction with 2 mM diphenylcarbazide-10% methanol-0...
- Automation of liquid-liquid extraction-spectrophotometry using prolonged pseudo-liquid drops and handheld CCD for speciation of Cr(VI) and Cr(III) in water samplesWen Chen
Key Laboratory of Green Chemistry and Technology of MOE, College of Chemistry, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610064, P R China
Anal Sci 21:1189-93. 2005..In the medium of perchloric acid solution, Cr(VI) reacted with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC); the formed complex was automatically extracted into n-pentanol, with a preconcentration ratio of ..
- Selective and sensitive speciation analysis of Cr(VI) and Cr(III) in water samples by fiber optic-linear array detection spectrophotometry after ion pair based-surfactant assisted dispersive liquid-liquid microextractionSeyedeh Mahboobeh Yousefi
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University College of Science, University of Tehran, PO Box 14155 6455, Tehran, Iran
J Hazard Mater 254:134-40. 2013..Cr(VI) ions were converted into their cationic complex with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and then extracted into 1-octanol dispersed in aqueous solution...
- A remote in situ monitor based on continuous flow analysis for the quantitation of sub-micromolar levels of hexavalent chromium in natural watersMelissa A Singer Pressman
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 53211, USA
J Environ Monit 7:809-13. 2005..e. by formation of a complex with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC). The continuous flow analysis (CFA) design uses narrow conduits (0...
- On-line electrochemical oxidation of Cr(III) for the determination of total Cr by flow injection-solid phase spectrophotometryShiro Matsuoka
Department of Environmental Science, Faculty of Science, Niigata University, Japan
Anal Sci 22:1519-24. 2006..to the determination of the total Cr concentration by flow injection-solid phase spectrophotometry using diphenylcarbazide as a coloring agent. With the applied potential of 1.35 V (vs. Ag/AgCl) and the flow rate of 0...
- Biosorption potency of Aspergillus niger for removal of chromium (VI)Shaili Srivastava
School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
Curr Microbiol 53:232-7. 2006..The results of the study indicated removal of more than 75% chromium by Aspergillus niger determined by diphenylcarbazide colorimetric assay and atomic absorption spectrophotometry after 7 days...
- Determination of chromium(III), chromium(VI) and total chromium in chromate and trivalent chromium conversion coatings by electrospray ionization mass spectrometryHiroki Hotta
Department of Chemistry, Nara University of Education, Takahata cho, Nara 630 8528, Japan
Talanta 88:533-6. 2012..The proposed methods were applied to analyze chromate and trivalent chromium conversion coatings and gave consistent results with those obtained by a diphenylcarbazide spectrophotometric method for Cr(VI) and ICP-AES for total Cr.
- Pachypodol from Croton ciliatoglanduliferus Ort. as water-splitting enzyme inhibitor on thylakoidsRaquel González-Vázquez
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Autonomous National University of Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Delegacion Coyoacan, C P 04510 D F, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 54:1217-21. 2006..However, the uncoupled partial reaction from diphenylcarbazide to DCPIP and the uncoupled photosystem I from DCPIPred to MV were not inhibited by 2...
- Field method for the determination of insoluble or total hexavalent chromium in workplace airKyle J Hazelwood
US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Spokane, Washington 99207, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 1:613-9. 2004..Portable spectrophotometric measurement of CrVI is then conducted using the 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) method...
- Speciation of chromium (III) and chromium (VI) by capillary electrophoresis with contactless conductometric detection and dual opposite end injectionPavel Kuban
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Brno, Czech Republic
Electrophoresis 24:1397-403. 2003..were in good agreement with the results obtained by certified differential spectrophotometric method using diphenylcarbazide (CN 83 0520-40) and with the results for the total chromium concentrations determined by electrothermal ..
- Estimation of trace amounts of chromium(III) in multi-vitamin with multi-mineral formulationsJolly M Sankalia
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Kalabhavan, Vadodara, Gujarat 390001, India
Anal Sci 20:1321-5. 2004..fusion with an excess amount of sodium carbonate (method II), followed by the complexation of Cr6+ with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) in a mineral acidic solution of pH 1.0 +/- 0.5. The pink-colored complex was estimated at 544 nm...
- Photoconsumption of oxygen in photosystem II preparations under impairment of the water-oxidizing complexS A Khorobrykh
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142290, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 67:683-8. 2002..5-9.0. The addition of either artificial electron donors for PSII such as MnCl2 or diphenylcarbazide, or diuron as an inhibitor of electron transfer from QA, the primary bound quinone acceptor, to QB, the ..
- A microfluidic paper-based analytical device for rapid quantification of particulate chromiumPoomrat Rattanarat
Electrochemistry and Optical Spectroscopy Research Unit EOSRU, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Anal Chim Acta 800:50-5. 2013..After elution to the detection zone, Cr(VI) reacts with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (1,5-DPC) forming 1,5-diphenylcarbazone (DPCO) and Cr(III)...
- Flow injection analysis of trace chromium (VI) in drinking water with a liquid waveguide capillary cell and spectrophotometric detectionJian Ma
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, College of Environment and Ecology, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian, China, 361005
Environ Monit Assess 186:367-73. 2014..The procedure is based on a highly selective reaction between 1, 5-diphenylcarbazide and Cr(VI) under acidic conditions...
- Speciation Analysis of Ultratrace Chromium in Water by On-line Reaction/Concentration/Separation Method Using a Cation-Exchange Column- Sarenqiqige
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University
Anal Sci 29:823-9. 2013..6 mm i.d., 10 mm) was used as a reaction/concentration/separation medium in an HPLC system. Cr(VI) and 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) were on-line mixed and reacted in a flow tube...
- Chemically facilitated chromium(VI) transport throughout an anion-exchange membrane application to an optical sensor for chromium(VI) monitoringElianna Castillo
Analytical Chemistry Department, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 963:205-11. 2002..uses the Raipore R1030 membrane as the interface between the sample and the sensor head, which contains 1,5-diphenylcarbazide as spectrophotometric reagent for chromium...
- Application of multiwalled carbon nanotubes modified by diphenylcarbazide for selective solid phase extraction of ultra traces Cd(II) in water samples and food productsMohammad Behbahani
Department of Chemistry, Shahid Beheshti University, G C, Tehran 1983963113, Iran
Food Chem 141:48-53. 2013..A novel sorbent for separation of cadmium ions was prepared by functionalizing multiwall carbon nanotubes with diphenylcarbazide and underutilised to develop a solid-phase extraction method to separate and concentrate trace amounts of ..
- IR spectroscopic analysis of the new organic silver complex C13H13N4OAgF El-Kabbany
Physics Dept, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 111:252-9. 2013..A proposed silver position in the new silver complex DPCAg has been presented...
- Sensitive determination of chromium (VI) based on the inner filter effect of upconversion luminescent nanoparticles (NaYF4:Yb3+, Er3+)Hongqi Chen
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Metal Matrix Composites, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, PR China
Talanta 99:404-8. 2012..a pink chelate complex (Cr(III)-diphenylcarbazone), which was generated by the quantitative reaction between diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and Cr(VI) in mineral acid solution...
- Determination of nanomolar chromate in drinking water with solid phase extraction and a portable spectrophotometerJian Ma
College of Marine Science, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL 33701, United States
J Hazard Mater 219:247-52. 2012..The measurement chemistry is based on a highly selective reaction between 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and chromate under acidic conditions...
- Sensitive determination of chromium (VI) in paint samples using a membrane optode coupled to a multisyringe flow injection systemW L Castilleja-Rivera
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, UANL, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Cd Universitaria, San Nicolas de los Garza, Nuevo Leon, C P 66451, Mexico
Talanta 99:730-6. 2012..The detection is based on the color obtained from the reaction of Cr(VI) with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide in the presence of sulfuric acid (H(2)SO(4))...
- Blocking of electron donation by Mn(II) to Y(Z*) following incubation of Mn-depleted photosystem II membranes with Fe(II) in the lightBoris K Semin
Basic Sciences Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Biochemistry 41:5854-64. 2002..effect was also used to investigate the relationship between the HA(Z) Mn site and the HA sites on PSII for diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and NH2OH oxidation...
- Spectroscopic analyses on ROS generation catalyzed by TiO2, CeO2/TiO2 and Fe2O3/TiO2 under ultrasonic and visible-light irradiationMingming Zou
College of Chemistry, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 101:82-90. 2013..It is wished that this paper might offer some important subjects for broadening the applications of sonocatalytic and photocatalytic technologies in future environment treatment...
- Carbon nanotube composite coated platinum electrode for detection of Cr(III) in real samplesAbdolkarim Abbaspour
Chemistry Department, Shiraz University, Collage of Sciences, Hafezieh, Shiraz 71454, Iran
Talanta 71:887-92. 2007..the application of composite multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWNT) polyvinylchloride (MWNT-PVC) based on 1,5-diphenylcarbazide as chromium ionophore in potentiometric measurement. The sensor shows a good Nernstian slope of 19.52+/-0...
- Physiological and transcriptional studies of Cr(VI) reduction under aerobic and denitrifying conditions by an aquifer-derived pseudomonadRuyang Han
Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:7491-7. 2010..We also report incomplete removal of reduced Cr from solution and on artifacts in the widely used diphenylcarbazide assay for Cr(VI), most notably, its complete inactivation in the presence of millimolar nitrite.
- Investigation of the low-affinity oxidation site for exogenous electron donors in the Mn-depleted photosystem II complexesV N Kurashov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:1492-8. 2009..8. Comparison of K(m) for diphenylcarbazide (DPC) oxidation at the LA site and K(d) for A(T) thermoluminescence band suppression by DPC in PSII(-Mn,+Fe) ..
- Light-induced changes of C-550 and fluorescence yield in ultraviolet-irradiated chloroplasts at room temperatureS Katoh
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 333:71-84. 1974..DCIP) photoreduction in irradiated chloroplasts was only slightly recovered by addition of diphenylcarbazide, an electron donor for Photosystem II...
- Study of molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction of diphenylguanidine and its structural analogsJing Fan
School of Chemistry and Environmental Science, Key Laboratory of Water Environment and Pollution Control for Yellow and Huai Rivers, Ministry of Education, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang, Henan 453007, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 639:42-50. 2009..in 9 h, and the DPG could be completely separated from its structural analogs, including diphenylthiourea, diphenylcarbazide and 1,4-diphenylsemicarbazide after washing with 0.5% acetic acid/acetonitrile...
- [Investigation of concentration levels of chromium(VI) in bottled mineral and spring waters by high performance ion chromatography technique with application of postcolumn reaction with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide and VIS detection]Dorota Swiecicka
Zakład Higieny Komunalnej, Narodowy Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego Państwowy Zaklad Higieny, 00 791 Warszawa, ul Chocimska 24
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 59:397-405. 2008..by High Performance Ion Chromatography (HPIC) technique with application of postcolumn reaction with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide and VIS detection...
- Selective, peroxidase substrate based "signal-on" colorimetric assay for the detection of chromium (VI)Jing Li
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, Jilin, China
Anal Chim Acta 630:181-5. 2008..The ABTS was chosen instead of the commonly used 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) due to its good solubility, stability, sensitivity and low background...
- Hybrid mesoporous materials for on-line preconcentration of Cr(VI) followed by one-step scheme for elution and colorimetric determination at ultratrace levelsManuela L Kim
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, INQUIMAE, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Laboratorio de Análisis de Trazas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Talanta 77:1068-74. 2009..Elution and colorimetric detection were carried out with 1-5 diphenylcarbazide (DPC) in sulfuric acid...
- Speciation of chromium in natural waters by micropumping multicommutated light emitting diode photometryCherrine K Pires
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, 50 Dr Moliner Street, 46100 Burjassot Valencia, Spain
Talanta 72:1370-7. 2007..procedure for the speciation of chromium in natural waters was based on the reaction of Cr (VI) with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. Cr (III) was previously oxidized to Cr (VI) and determined as the difference between total Cr and Cr (VI)...
- Analysis of interferents by means a D-optimal screening design and calibration using partial least squares regression in the spectrophotometric determination of Cr(VI)B D Real
Department of Chemistry, University of Burgos, Pza Misael Banuelos s n, 09001 Burgos, Spain
Talanta 71:1599-609. 2007..hexavalent chromium (lambda=543nm) is maximised and its variability minimised using as complexing agent 1,5-diphenylcarbazide in sufficiently acid medium...
- Evaluation of sequential extraction procedures for soluble and insoluble hexavalent chromium compounds in workplace air samplesKevin Ashley
U S Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 4676 Columbia Parkway, Mail Stop R 7, Cincinnati, OH 45226 1998, USA
J Environ Monit 11:318-25. 2009..sparingly soluble and insoluble Cr(VI) compounds, and analyses were then generally carried out by using the diphenylcarbazide method...
- Colorimetric determination of copper(II) ions by filtration on sol-gel membrane doped with diphenylcarbazideLiang Feng
Laboratory of Instrumentation and Analytical Chemistry, Key Lab of Separation Science for Analytical Chemistry of CAS, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS, Dalian, Liaoning 116023, PR China
Talanta 84:913-7. 2011..method for the determination of trace copper(II) ions in aqueous solution has been developed using diphenylcarbazide (DPC) immobilized sol-gel matrices...
- Soret effect and photochemical reaction in liquids with laser-induced local heatingL C Malacarne
Departamento de Fisica, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa PR, Brazil
Opt Express 19:4047-58. 2011..thermal diffusion, and photochemical reaction contributions in photochemically reacting aqueous Cr(VI)-diphenylcarbazide, Eosin Y, and Eosin Y-doped micellar solutions, are decoupled in this work...
- IR spectroscopic analysis of polymorphism in C13H14N4OF El-Kabbany
Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 78:981-8. 2011..The crystal structure was found to be amorphous, monoclinic, tetragonal, orthorhombic and amorphous within a temperature range (30°C-160°C). X-ray diffraction patterns support the results obtained by IR and DSC...
- Photoproduction of catalase-insensitive peroxides on the donor side of manganese-depleted photosystem II: evidence with a specific fluorescent probeSergey A Khorobrykh
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region 142290, Russia
Biochemistry 50:10658-65. 2011..PSII membranes than that in the untreated membranes, and it was suppressed by an artificial electron donor (diphenylcarbazide or ferrocyanide) and by the electron transport inhibitor diuron...
- Diphenyl carbazide restores electron transport in isolated, illuminated chloroplasts after electron transport from water has been eliminated by mild heat treatmentRob L Dean
Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 32:381-9. 2004..transport through chloroplasts to DCPIP is restored in the presence of the artificial electron donor diphenylcarbazide (DPC)...
- Determination of the bioaccessibility of chromium in Glasgow soil and the implications for human health risk assessmentAndrew Broadway
School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH9 3JN, Scotland, UK
Sci Total Environ 409:267-77. 2010..in conjunction with the subsequent determination of the bioaccessible Cr by ICP-OES and Cr(VI) by the diphenylcarbazide complexation colorimetric procedure...
- Determination of Cr(III) and Cr(VI) at sub-ppb levels in water with solid-phase extraction/metal furnace atomic absorption spectrometryTetsuo Inui
Department of Applied Chemistry, Meiji University, 1 1 1 Higashimita, Tama, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
Anal Sci 26:1093-8. 2010..and Cr(VI) collected were eluted with 40 ml of 3 mol l(-1) nitric acid for Cr(III) and 40 ml of 1 g l(-1) diphenylcarbazide solution for Cr(VI)...
- A novel direct-injection photometric detector integrated with solenoid pulse-pump flow systemStanislawa Koronkiewicz
University of Warmia and Mazury, Department of Chemistry, 10 957 Olsztyn, Poland
Talanta 86:436-41. 2011..as models of photometric reactions: the first - Fe(III) with thiocyanate, and the second - Cr(VI) with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. To obtain the highest repeatability, the total volume of the solutions should be smaller than the volume of ..
- Electron transfer between exogenous electron donors and reaction center of photosystem 2M D Mamedov
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, 119991, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 75:579-84. 2010Transfer of electrons between artificial electron donors diphenylcarbazide (DPC) and hydroxylamine (NH2OH) and reaction center of manganese-depleted photosystem 2 (PS2) complexes was studied using the direct electrometrical method...
- Determination of total chromium in phosphate rocks by ion chromatographyA W al-Shawi
Research Centre, Norsk Hydro ASA, Porsgrunn, Norway
J Chromatogr A 850:137-41. 1999..ion chromatography to achieve the separation and spectrophotometric post-column reaction for detection with diphenylcarbazide. The relative standard of deviation from analytical data comparison of six different phosphate rocks with ..
- Photoconsumption of molecular oxygen on both donor and acceptor sides of photosystem II in Mn-depleted subchloroplast membrane fragmentsDenis V Yanykin
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:516-23. 2010..gt;100microM) Mn(2+) inhibits the O(2) photoconsumption (like other electron donors: ferrocyanide and diphenylcarbazide)...
- Inhibition and uncoupling of photosynthetic electron transport by diterpene lactone amide derivativesPedro A Castelo-Branco
Departamento de Quimica, ICE, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Presidente Antonio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha, CEP 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 63:251-9. 2008..Compound 4 inhibited PSII from water to silicomolybdate (SiMo), but it had no effect on the reaction from diphenylcarbazide (DPC) to DCPIP indicating that its inhibition site was at the water splitting enzyme complex (OEC)...
- Chromate removal by yeasts isolated from sediments of a tanning factory and a mine site in ArgentinaLiliana B Villegas
PROIMI Biotecnología CONICET, Av Belgrano y Pje Caseros, 4000 Tucuman, Argentina
Biometals 21:591-600. 2008..was estimated by measuring remaining Cr(VI) concentration in the supernatant using the colorimetric 1,5-diphenylcarbazide method and total chromium was determined by flame atomic absorption spectroscopy...
- Glycinebetaine protects the D1/D2/Cytb559 complex of photosystem II against photo-induced and heat-induced inactivationSuleyman I Allakhverdiev
Department of Regulation Biology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Plant Physiol 160:41-9. 2003..photochemical activity, monitored as the light-induced reduction of pheophytin and electron transport from diphenylcarbazide to 2.6-dichlorophenol-indophenol...
- Determination of chromate adulteration of human urine by automated colorimetric and capillary ion electrophoretic analysesKenneth E Ferslew
Section of Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee 37614, USA
J Anal Toxicol 27:36-9. 2003..urine specimens suspected of adulteration were analyzed for chromate by colorimetric analysis with diphenylcarbazide. Duplicate aliquots were analyzed for chromate by capillary ion electrophoresis...
- Chromium(III) determination with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide based on the oxidative effect of chlorine radicals generated from CCl4 sonolysis in aqueous solutionSivanildo da Silva Borges
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Campus de Ondina, 40 170 290 Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Anal Sci 18:1361-6. 2002..of Cr(VI) and provides a simple and rapid method for spectrophotometric chromium determination with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. The key to this method is the production of chlorine radicals when aqueous solution saturated with CCl4 is ..
- Chromium availability in ultramafic soils from New CaledoniaT Becquer
IRD, c o Centre de Pédologie Biologique, UPR 6831 du CNRS, associée à l Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy I, BP 5, 54501 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France
Sci Total Environ 301:251-61. 2003..On selected soil solutions, the Cr(VI) was determined colorimetrically with the s-diphenylcarbazide method and total Cr by ICP-AES and speciation of Cr(VI) was performed with the MINEQL+ V 4.5 software...
- Electron donation to the plasma membrane redox system of cultured carrot cells stimulates proton releaseR Barr
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907
Biochim Biophys Acta 1017:91-5. 1990Membrane-permeable electron donors, duroquinol, diphenylcarbazide, pyrocatechol and tert-octylcatechol, promoted both reduction of an impermeant electron acceptor and proton transport with cultured carrot cells...
- Determination of trace concentrations of hexavalent chromiumMichael Gardner
WRc NSF, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK
Analyst 127:153-6. 2002..The technique is based on the reaction of chromium with diphenylcarbazide. The method has been tested on a variety of water samples over an analytical range of 0-2 microg l(-1)...
- Comparative study of effects of artificial electron donors on the AT-band of photosystem II thermoluminescenceM Y Kultisheva
School of Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, 119899, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 66:715-20. 2001..The effect of Mn(II) and Fe(II) cations as well as the artificial donors diphenylcarbazide and hydroxylamine on the AT-band of thermoluminescence was studied to elucidate the role of the redox-active ..
- Continuous automated measurement of hexavalent chromium in airborne particulate matterG Samanta
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409 1061, USA
Anal Chem 73:2034-40. 2001..1 M sodium perchlorate and then reacted with sym-1,5-diphenylcarbazide prior to absorbance detection with a light emitting diode-based dedicated flow-through absorbance detector...
- Adsorption mechanism of hexavalent chromium by redox within condensed-tannin gelY Nakano
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8502, Japan
Water Res 35:496-500. 2001....
- Adulteration of urine by "Urine Luck"A H Wu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Toxicology Laboratory, Hartford Hospital, 80 Seymour St, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
Clin Chem 45:1051-7. 1999..In vitro adulterants are used to invalidate assays for urine drugs of abuse. The present study examined the effect of pyridinium chlorochromate (PCC) found in the product "Urine Luck"...
- Use of a novel histidyl modifier to probe for residues on Tris-treated photosystem II membrane fragments that may bind functional manganeseM L Ghirardi
Basic Sciences Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Biochemistry 37:13567-74. 1998..Both the "diphenylcarbazide (DPC)-inhibition assay" and single-turnover flash approaches were used...
- Effects of carboxyl amino acid modification on the properties of the high-affinity, manganese-binding site in photosystem IIM L Ghirardi
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Biochemistry 37:13559-66. 1998Our previous work using the "diphenylcarbazide (DPC)-inhibition assay" has identified four amino acid (two carboxyls and two histidyls) ligands to four Mn2+ bound with high affinity on Tris-washed photosystem II (PSII) membrane fragments ..
- On-line preconcentration and determination of chromium(VI) in waters by high-performance liquid chromatography using precolumn complexation with 1,5-diphenylcarbazideA Padarauskas
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Vilnius University, Lithuania
J Chromatogr A 808:193-9. 1998..Chromate was preconcentrated on a C18 column (50 x 6 mm I.D.) after complexation with diphenylcarbazide (DPC)...
- Photochemical reactions of photosystem II in ethylene glycolW Hillier
Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Biochemistry 36:76-85. 1997..As the EG concentration is increased to 80-100%, there is an irreversible loss of the primary charge separation. The use of EG as a cryoprotectant and as a water-miscible organic solvent for PSII is discussed...
- Electron donation to photosystem II by diphenylcarbazide is inhibited both by the endogenous manganese complex and by exogenous manganese ionsA Rashid
Departement de Chimie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 73:241-5. 1995b>Diphenylcarbazide (DPC) is an efficient electron donor to the inactive oxygen-evolving complex of photosystem II (PSII)...
- Investigation of the amount of dissolved iron in food cooked in Chinese iron pots and estimation of daily iron intakeD Y Liu
Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Biomed Environ Sci 3:276-80. 1990..According to the test results, the estimated increase in daily iron intake was about 14.5 mg for adults and 7.4 mg for children when Chinese iron pots were used...
- Kinetics of photoinhibition in hydroxylamine-extracted photosystem II membranes: relevance to photoactivation and sites of electron donationD J Blubaugh
University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0091
Biochemistry 29:5109-18. 1990..the capacity of NH2OH-extracted photosystem II membranes to photooxidize the exogenous electron donors Mn2+, diphenylcarbazide, and I- or to assemble functional water-oxidizing complexes during photoactivation...
- [Study on the reaction mechanism of the system of Tl(III)-Cu(II)-EDTA-H2O2-DPC]Deng ming Sun
Department of Chemistry, Huaibei Coal Normal College, Huaibei 235000, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 23:196-8. 2003..reaction mechanism of the system of thallium (III)-copper(II)-ethylenediaminete-traacetate-hydrogen peroxide-diphenylcarbazide has been studied by spectrophotometric method...
- Kinetic and thermodynamic study of the behaviour of diphenylcarbazide in aqueous solution with pHP Salinas-Hernández
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, San Rafael Atlixco No 186, Col Vicentina, Iztapalapa A P 55 534, 09340 Mexico, D F Mexico
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 59:2667-75. 2003In order to find out about the chemical behaviour of the diphenylcarbazide (DPCI) in water, kinetic and thermodynamic studies were carried out using UV-Vis spectrophotometry within the 0-12 pH range...
- Isolation and characterization of thylakoid membranes from the filamentous cyanobacterium Nostoc punctiformeTanai Cardona
Department of Photochemistry and Molecular Science, Uppsala University, PO Box 523, SE 75120 Uppsala, Sweden
Physiol Plant 131:622-34. 2007..Electron transfer was found functional in both PSII and PSI. Electron transfer measurements in PSII, using diphenylcarbazide as electron donor and 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol as electron acceptor, showed that 80% of the PSII centres ..
- Isolation of a novel chromium(III) binding protein from bovine liver tissue after chromium(VI) exposureRyan L Peterson
Department of Chemistry, Sonoma State University, 1801 E Cotati Ave, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:833-41. 2008..Chromium(III) identification was determined by optical spectroscopy and diphenylcarbazide testing. This chromium binding protein has a molecular weight of 15...
- Solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions by adsorption of its diphenylcarbazide complex on a mixed bed adsorbent (acid activated montmorillonite-silica gel) columnN Rajesh
Chemistry Group, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani 333031, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:612-8. 2008..approach has been developed for the solid phase extraction of chromium(VI) based on the adsorption of its diphenylcarbazide complex on a mixture of acid activated montmorillonite (AAM)-silica gel column...
- Spermine and spermidine inhibition of photosystem II: Disassembly of the oxygen evolving complex and consequent perturbation in electron donation from TyrZ to P680+ and the quinone acceptors QA- to QBRémy Beauchemin
Groupe de Recherche en Biologie Végétale, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, CP 500, Trois Rivieres Quebec, Canada G9A 5H7
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:905-12. 2007..led to the decline of plastoquinone reduction, which was reversed by the artificial electron donor diphenylcarbazide. The above inhibition was due to the loss of the extrinsic polypeptides associated with the oxygen evolving ..
- Optical determination of Cr(VI) using regenerable, functionalized sol-gel monolithsNathan A Carrington
Department of Chemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 1600, USA
Anal Chim Acta 581:232-40. 2007..However, by adding a diphenylcarbazide solution to monoliths that have been previously immersed in ppb-level Cr(VI) solutions, a distinct color ..
- Natural diterpenes from Croton ciliatoglanduliferus as photosystem II and photosystem I inhibitors in spinach chloroplastsFélix Morales-Flores
Department of Biochemistry, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Delegacion Coyoacan, C P 04510, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Photosynth Res 91:71-80. 2007..II) partial reaction from water to Na(+) Silicomolibdate (SiMo) and has no effect on partial reaction from diphenylcarbazide (DPC) to 2,6-dichlorophenol indophenol (DCPIP), therefore 1 inhibits at the water splitting enzyme and also ..
- Cr(VI) and Cr(VI)-diphenylcarbazide removal from aqueous solutions using an iron rotating disc electrodeE Campos
Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico, Facultad de Quimica, Paseo Colón intersección Paseo Tollocan S N C P 50120, Toluca, Estado de Mexico, Mexico
Environ Technol 28:1-9. 2007This paper presents the results of the investigation on the removal of Cr(VI) and the complex Cr(VI)-diphenylcarbazide from aqueous solutions using an electrochemical reactor, with iron electrodes...
- Evaluation of biosorption potency of Acinetobacter sp. for removal of hexavalent chromium from tannery effluentShaili Srivastava
School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
Biodegradation 18:637-46. 2007..The results of the study indicated removal of more than 75% chromium by Acinetobacter sp. determined by diphenylcarbazide colorimetric assay and atomic absorption spectrophotometer after 7 days...
- Chromium(VI) resistance and removal by actinomycete strains isolated from sedimentsMarta A Polti
Planta Piloto de Procesos Industriales y Microbiológicos PROIMI, CONICET, Av Belgrano y Pasaje Caseros, 4000 Tucuman, Argentina
Chemosphere 67:660-7. 2007..Chromate-removing activity was estimated using the Cr(VI) specific colorimetric reagent 1,5-diphenylcarbazide. Twenty percent of the isolates from El Cadillal (EC) and 14% of isolates from a copper filter plant (CFP) ..
- Effect of exogenous histidine on restoration of electron transfer on the donor side of photosystem II depleted of MnA A Khorobrykh
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142290, Russia
Photosynth Res 84:51-6. 2005..The stimulating effect of His is not observed if other electron donors (NH2OH or diphenylcarbazide) are used instead of Mn2+...
- Dual fluorescence of diphenyl carbazide and benzanilide: effect of solvents and pH on electronic spectraK Sivakumar
Department of Chemistry, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamilnadu 608 002, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:991-9. 2005..pH studies show that both monocations and monoanions are non-fluorescent. The excited state acidity constants determined by fluorimetric titration and Förster cycle methods, have been reported and discussed...
- Preconcentration and separation of Cr(III) and Cr(VI) using sawdust as a sorbentSaima Q Memon
Center of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Pakistan
Anal Bioanal Chem 383:619-24. 2005..Metal ion concentration was measured as the Cr(VI)-diphenylcarbazide complex by UV-visible spectroscopy...
- Speciation of chromium by in-capillary derivatization and electrophoretically mediated microanalysisF Priego-Capote
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Annex C 3, Campus of Rabanales, E 14071, Cordoba University, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1113:244-50. 2006..for chromium speciation analysis--as Cr(III) and Cr(VI)--based on in-capillary derivatization with 1,5-diphenylcarbazide (DPC) is here proposed...
- Evidence for PSII donor-side damage and photoinhibition induced by cadmium treatment on rice (Oryza sativa L.)Cristina Pagliano
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e della Vita, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Via Bellini 25G, I 15100 Alessandria, Italy
J Photochem Photobiol B 84:70-8. 2006..a loss in the capability to reduce 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol is observed, which is partially restored if diphenylcarbazide is used as an electron donor, indicating that cadmium affects water splitting activity...
- Determination of dissolved hexavalent chromium in industrial wastewater effluents by ion chromatography and post-column derivatization with diphenylcarbazideE J Arar
Technology Applications, Inc, Cincinnati, OH 45219
J Chromatogr 546:335-40. 1991..100% recovery of spikes. No oxidation of trivalent chromium to hexavalent chromium was observed at pH 7, 8 or 10 when aqueous samples were spiked with 50 mg/l Cr(III)...
- High-specific binding of Fe(II) at the Mn-binding site in Mn-depleted PSII membranes from spinachB K Semin
Biophysics Department, Biological Faculty, Moscow State University, Russian Federation
FEBS Lett 375:223-6. 1995..The Fe(II) binding is accompanied by its oxidation. By using reductants it was shown that the high affinity site contains a redox-active component and the reduction of this component totally prevents the binding of Fe(II)...