- New insights into uremic toxicity
Amanda C Raff
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 17:560-5. 2008
..New insights into the accumulation of uremic toxins and the loss of function of hormones and enzymes provide important information on the etiology of uremia...
- p-Cresol and cardiovascular risk in mild-to-moderate kidney disease
Bjorn K I Meijers
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Laboratory for Gastro Intestinal Research and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre LFoRCe, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1182-9. 2010
..It is not known if p-cresol is associated with cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease not yet on dialysis...
- Persistence, adherence, and switch rates among extended-release and immediate-release overactive bladder medications in a regional managed care plan
Anna O D'Souza
Xcenda, LLC, Cincinnati, OH 45255, USA anna dsouza xcenda com
J Manag Care Pharm 14:291-301. 2008
..No study has compared persistence and adherence to therapy for both the ER and IR versions of tolterodine and oxybutynin...
- Efficacy and tolerability of mirabegron, a β(3)-adrenoceptor agonist, in patients with overactive bladder: results from a randomised European-Australian phase 3 trial
St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK
Eur Urol 63:283-95. 2013
..Mirabegron, a β(3)-adrenoceptor agonist, has been developed for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Erg K+ channels modulate contractile activity in the bovine epididymal duct
Institute of Vegetative Physiology and Pathophysiology, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R895-904. 2008
..In summary, these data provide strong evidence for a physiological role of erg1 channels in regulating epididymal motility patterns...
- Superior efficacy of fesoterodine over tolterodine extended release with rapid onset: a prospective, head-to-head, placebo-controlled trial
Steven A Kaplan
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 107:1432-40. 2011
..To show the superior efficacy of fesoterodine over tolterodine extended release (ER) in a placebo-controlled overactive bladder (OAB) trial with predefined treatment comparisons for both diary measures and patient-reported outcomes...
- Comparison of fesoterodine and tolterodine extended release for the treatment of overactive bladder: a head-to-head placebo-controlled trial
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Division of Urology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BJU Int 105:58-66. 2010
..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of fesoterodine 8 mg with tolterodine extended-release (ER) 4 mg and placebo in a randomized clinical trial of patients with an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- p-Cresyl sulfate and indoxyl sulfate in hemodialysis patients
Bjorn K I Meijers
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1932-8. 2009
..They share important features such as the albumin-binding site, low dialytic clearance, and both originate from protein fermentation. Whether serum concentrations are related is, however, not known...
- p-Cresyl sulphate and indoxyl sulphate predict progression of chronic kidney disease
I Wen Wu
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:938-47. 2011
..However, only a few prospective studies have evaluated possible associations between these two retained solutes and renal disease progression in chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients...
- Destruction of cresols by Fenton oxidation process
Centre for Environmental Studies, Anna University, Chennai 600 025, India
Water Res 39:3062-72. 2005
The present study was used to probe the treatment of simulated wastewater containing cresols by Fenton process...
- Structure-guided topographic mapping and mutagenesis to elucidate binding sites for the human ether-a-go-go-related gene 1 potassium channel (KCNH2) activator NS1643
Institute for Biocomplexity and Informatics, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 342:441-52. 2012
..Model-guided mutagenesis led to the discovery of a range of novel interacting residues that modify NS1643-induced pharmacologic responses...
- Biodegradation of p-cresol by Bacillus sp. strain PHN 1
P N Tallur
Department of Biochemistry, Karnataka University, Dharwad, 580003, India
Curr Microbiol 53:529-33. 2006
..Such a bacterial strain can be used for bioremediation of environments contaminated with phenolic compounds...
- Final report on the safety assessment of sodium p-chloro-m-cresol, p-chloro-m-cresol, chlorothymol, mixed cresols, m-cresol, o-cresol, p-cresol, isopropyl cresols, thymol, o-cymen-5-ol, and carvacrol
Cosmetic Ingredient Review, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:29-127. 2006
Sodium p-Chloro-m-Cresol, p-Chloro-m-Cresol (PCMC), Mixed Cresols, m-Cresol, o-Cresol, p-Cresol, Isopropyl Cresols, Thymol, Chlorothymol, o-Cymen-5-ol, and Carvacrol are substituted phenols used as cosmetic biocides/preservatives and/or ..
- Strong activation of ether-à-go-go-related gene 1 K+ channel isoforms by NS1643 in human embryonic kidney 293 and Chinese hamster ovary cells
Anna M Schuster
Institute of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Hamburg, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 80:930-42. 2011
- A small-molecule modulator interacts directly with deltaPhe508-CFTR to modify its ATPase activity and conformational stability
Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children and Departments of Biochemistry and Physiology, University of Toronto, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 75:1430-8. 2009
..These findings suggest that direct binding of this small molecule induces and/or stabilizes a structure that promotes the channel open state and may underlie its efficacy as a corrector of DeltaPhe508-CFTR...
- Probing the binding sites and mechanisms of action of two human ether-a-go-go-related gene channel activators, 1,3-bis-(2-hydroxy-5-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-urea (NS1643) and 2-[2-(3,4-dichloro-phenyl)-2,3-dihydro-1H-isoindol-5-ylamino]-nicotinic acid (PD3
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1101 E Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:1709-21. 2008
..We suggest that PD may work as a "pore-modifier" of the hERG channel...
- Differential effects of Kv11.1 activators on Kv11.1a, Kv11.1b and Kv11.1a/Kv11.1b channels
A P Larsen
The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Br J Pharmacol 161:614-28. 2010
..1a isoform. In this study, the effects of two different K(v)11.1 activators, NS1643 and RPR260243, were characterized on K(v)11.1a and K(v)11.1b channels...
- Molecular determinants of human ether-à-go-go-related gene 1 (hERG1) K+ channel activation by NS1643
Department of Drug Discovery Portfolio Management, Neurosearch A S, Pederstrupvej 93, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Mol Pharmacol 79:1-9. 2011
- Persistence with overactive bladder pharmacotherapy in a Medicaid population
Fadia T Shaya
Center on Drugs and Public Policy, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S121-9. 2005
- P-cresol, a uremic toxin, decreases endothelial cell response to inflammatory cytokines
INSERM EMI0019, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, and Service de Néphrologie, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Kidney Int 62:1999-2009. 2002
..We asked whether p-cresol alters endothelial adhesion molecule expression and modifies endothelial/leukocyte adhesion...
- P-cresylsulphate, the main in vivo metabolite of p-cresol, activates leucocyte free radical production
Renal Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:592-6. 2007
..Recently, however, it has been demonstrated that p-cresol in the human body is conjugated, with p-cresylsulphate as the main metabolite...
- Free p-cresylsulphate is a predictor of mortality in patients at different stages of chronic kidney disease
INSERM ERI 12 EA 4292 and the Clinical Research Centre Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Amiens University Hospital, Amiens, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1183-91. 2010
- Centronuclear myopathy due to a de novo dominant mutation in the skeletal muscle ryanodine receptor (RYR1) gene
Dubowitz Neuromuscular Centre, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Neuromuscul Disord 17:338-45. 2007
- Tolterodine: superior tolerability than and comparable efficacy to oxybutynin in individuals 50 years old or older with overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Medicine, St Pancras Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Urol 165:1452-6. 2001
..The combination of these qualities makes tolterodine the preferred pharmacological therapy for the long-term treatment of this condition...
- Free p-cresol is associated with cardiovascular disease in hemodialysis patients
B K I Meijers
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Kidney Int 73:1174-80. 2008
..Our study shows that free p-cresol is a novel cardiovascular risk factor in non-diabetic hemodialysis patients...
- P-cresol, a uremic retention solute, alters the endothelial barrier function in vitro
INSERM EMI0019, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université e la Méditerranée, 27 bld Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille, Cedex 5, France
Thromb Haemost 92:140-50. 2004
..In conclusion, these results show that p-cresol causes a severe dysfunction of endothelial barrier function in vitro and suggest this uremic retention solute may participate in the endothelium dysfunction observed in CRF patients...
- The uremic retention solute p-cresyl sulfate and markers of endothelial damage
Bjorn K I Meijers
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Kidney Dis 54:891-901. 2009
..In hemodialysis patients, the protein-bound uremic retention solute p-cresol is independently associated with cardiovascular disease. The underlying mechanisms have not been elucidated...
- A sensitive HPLC method for the quantification of free and total p-cresol in patients with chronic renal failure
R De Smet
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Clin Chim Acta 278:1-21. 1998
..We conclude that the present method allows an accurate measurement of both total and free p-cresol, and that the measured concentrations in uremia are in the range which may cause biochemical alterations...
- Removal of P-cresol sulfate by hemodialysis
Andres W Martinez
Department of Medicine, Veterans Association, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3430-6. 2005
..PCS is poorly removed by hemodialysis because its clearance is limited by protein binding and the ratio of its volume of distribution to its clearance is high...
- Effect of toluene and cresols on Na+,K+-ATPase, and serotonin in rat brain
Laboratorio de Neuroquimica, Instituto Nacional de Pediatría INP, Mexico
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 41:1-5. 2005
..Based in our results, it can be concluded that toluene and all cresols groups may increase lipid peroxidation and consequently induce changes in membrane fluidity.
- Patient-reported outcomes in overactive bladder: importance for determining clinical effectiveness of treatment
Department of Obstetrics, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Urology 68:3-8. 2006
..We provide an overview of instruments used to assess symptoms, health-related quality of life, and treatment satisfaction in patients with OAB and discuss how PROs can be incorporated into clinical trial protocols...
- Effectiveness and tolerability of extended-release oxybutynin vs extended-release tolterodine in women with or without prior anticholinergic treatment for overactive bladder
Rodney U Anderson
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Suite 287, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:502-11. 2006
..Discontinuation rates were comparably low across groups. The results demonstrate the appropriateness of initiating treatment for OAB with extended-release oxybutynin, particularly in women presenting with incontinence...
- A throat lozenge containing amyl meta cresol and dichlorobenzyl alcohol has a direct virucidal effect on respiratory syncytial virus, influenza A and SARS-CoV
John S Oxford
Retroscreen Virology Ltd, UK
Antivir Chem Chemother 16:129-34. 2005
- Assessing the role of p-cresol tolerance in Clostridium difficile
Lisa F Dawson
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
J Med Microbiol 57:745-9. 2008
..difficile strains including 630, CF4 and CD196. Surprising, it was shown that Clostridium sordellii also has a high tolerance to p-cresol, suggesting an overlap in the tolerance pathways in these clostridial species...
- Antiarrhythmic properties of a rapid delayed-rectifier current activator in rabbit models of acquired long QT syndrome
Thomas G Diness
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and Universite de Montreal, 5000 Belanger Street East, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 1C8
Cardiovasc Res 79:61-9. 2008
..This study sought to evaluate the antiarrhythmic effect of a novel compound (NS1643) that activates the rapid delayed-rectifier K+ current, I(Kr), in two rabbit models of acquired LQTS...
- Effects of tolterodine, trospium chloride, and oxybutynin on the central nervous system
Pro Science Private Research Clinic GmbH, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 9, D-35440 Linden, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 41:636-44. 2001
..The minimal qEEG changes observed with tolterodine and trospium chloride reflect most probably a rebound message from the peripheral target organs. Prescription of oxybutynin thus implicates a higher risk of CNS side effects...
- Factors associated with blood concentrations of indoxyl sulfate and p-cresol in patients undergoing peritoneal dialysis
Chien Te Lee
Division of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Perit Dial Int 30:456-63. 2010
..We conducted a cross-sectional study to analyze the factors that correlate with both total and free indoxyl sulfate and p-cresol...
- Clinical efficacy, safety, and tolerability of once-daily fesoterodine in subjects with overactive bladder
The Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Eur Urol 52:1204-12. 2007
..To determine the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of fesoterodine in subjects with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Activation of ERG2 potassium channels by the diphenylurea NS1643
The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 53:283-94. 2007
..It may be useful for revealing physiological functions of ERG channels in neuronal tissue as well as to elucidate the structure-function relationships of the ERG channels...
- Health-related quality of life of Japanese patients with overactive bladder treated with extended-release tolterodine or immediate-release oxybutynin: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial
Department of Urology, Tokyo University Hospital, 7 3 1 Hongo Bunkyo ku, 113 8655 Tokyo, Japan
World J Urol 22:251-6. 2004
..Our findings demonstrate that Japanese OAB patients receiving tolterodine ER or oxybutynin experienced overall improvement in their quality of life...
- Treatment of urge-predominant mixed urinary incontinence with tolterodine extended release: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Urology 64:269-74; discussion 274-5. 2004
..To examine the efficacy and tolerability of antimuscarinic therapy in women with urge-predominant mixed incontinence...
- Antimuscarinic agents exhibit local inhibitory effects on muscarinic receptors in bladder-afferent pathways
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 65:238-42. 2005
..To investigate the potential of antimuscarinic agents for sensory mechanisms in overactive bladder using intravesical instillation...
- Randomized comparison of tolterodine with vaginal estrogen cream versus tolterodine alone for the treatment of postmenopausal women with overactive bladder syndrome
Ling Hong Tseng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University of Chang Gung School of Medicine, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Neurourol Urodyn 28:47-51. 2009
..To investigate whether vaginal estrogen cream combined with tolterodine is more effective than tolterodine alone in the treatment of postmenopausal women with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Comparison of symptom severity and treatment response in patients with incontinent and continent overactive bladder
Martin C Michel
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 48:110-5. 2005
..Therefore, we have explored baseline symptoms and treatment responses to tolterodine in continent relative to incontinent OAB patients...
- Tolterodine and tamsulosin for treatment of men with lower urinary tract symptoms and overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trial
Steven A Kaplan
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
JAMA 296:2319-28. 2006
..Men with overactive bladder and other lower urinary tract symptoms may not respond to monotherapy with antimuscarinic agents or alpha-receptor antagonists...
- A comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of solifenacin succinate and extended release tolterodine at treating overactive bladder syndrome: results of the STAR trial
C R Chapple
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Urology Research, South Yorkshire, UK
Eur Urol 48:464-70. 2005
..To compare two new generation antimuscarinics at their recommended doses for treatment of overactive bladder syndrome (OAB)...
- Relationships between improvements in symptoms and patient assessments of bladder condition, symptom bother and health-related quality of life in patients with overactive bladder treated with tolterodine
K S Coyne
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Int J Clin Pract 62:925-31. 2008
..Relationships were evaluated between treatment-related improvements in overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms as recorded in bladder diaries and patient-reported symptom bother, bladder-related problems and health-related quality of life (HRQL)...
- Validation of the urgency perception scale
Urogynaecology, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 95:591-6. 2005
..To ascertain the validity and responsiveness of the Urgency Perception Scale (UPS) as an indicator of perceived urinary urgency...
- Mechanism of action of a novel human ether-a-go-go-related gene channel activator
Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute and Department of Physiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84112, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:658-65. 2006
..We conclude that NS1643 is a partial agonist of hERG channels and that the mechanism of activation is reduced channel inactivation...
- Free serum concentrations of the protein-bound retention solute p-cresol predict mortality in hemodialysis patients
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Kidney Int 69:1081-7. 2006
..These findings may encourage nephrologists to widen their field of interest beyond the scope of small water-soluble uremic solutes and middle molecules...
- Nighttime dosing with tolterodine reduces overactive bladder-related nocturnal micturitions in patients with overactive bladder and nocturia
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 67:731-6; discussion 736. 2006
..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of nighttime tolterodine dosing on urgency-related micturitions in patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and nocturia...
- Urinary incontinence at orgasm: relation to detrusor overactivity and treatment efficacy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Piazza Biroldi 1, Varese, Italy
Eur Urol 54:911-5. 2008
..To understand the pathophysiological mechanism of incontinence during orgasm and to compare women affected by symptomatic detrusor overactivity (DO) with and without incontinence at orgasm in terms of efficacy of antimuscarinic treatment...
- Tolterodine extended release improves patient-reported outcomes in overactive bladder: results from the IMPACT trial
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, USA
Int J Clin Pract 60:752-8. 2006
..Physicians reported that 68% of patients were 'much improved' or 'very much improved'. For symptom-defined conditions, patient-reported outcomes are a valuable means for determining responses to treatment...
- Activation of human ether-a-go-go-related gene potassium channels by the diphenylurea 1,3-bis-(2-hydroxy-5-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-urea (NS1643)
Rie Schultz Hansen
Neurosearch A S, Pederstrupvej 93, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Mol Pharmacol 69:266-77. 2006
..In conclusion, HERG channel activation by small molecules such as NS1643 increases the repolarization reserve and presents an interesting new antiarrhythmic approach...
- The uremic solutes p-cresol and indoxyl sulfate inhibit endothelial proliferation and wound repair
INSERM EMI0019, UFR de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Kidney Int 65:442-51. 2004
..In addition, we tested the effect of uremic solutes that altered proliferation on endothelial wound repair...
- Comparative efficacy and safety of transdermal oxybutynin and oral tolterodine versus placebo in previously treated patients with urge and mixed urinary incontinence
Roger R Dmochowski
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Urology 62:237-42. 2003
..To compare the efficacy and safety of an oxybutynin transdermal delivery system (OXY-TDS) and oral, long-acting tolterodine (TOL-LA) with placebo in previously treated patients with urge or mixed urinary incontinence...
- Clinical efficacy and tolerability of extended-release tolterodine and immediate-release oxybutynin in Japanese and Korean patients with an overactive bladder: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial
Department of Urology, Tokyo University, Tokyo, Japan
BJU Int 92:741-7. 2003
..To compare extended-release (ER) tolterodine and immediate-release (IR) oxybutynin with placebo in Japanese and Korean patients with an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Tolterodine: a safe and effective treatment for older patients with overactive bladder
J G Malone-Lee
Department of Medicine, Whittington Hospital, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, Great Britain
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:700-5. 2001
..CONCLUSION: Tolterodine (taken for 4 weeks) is safe and shows efficacy, particularly at a dosage of 2 mg bid, in the treatment of older patients with urinary symptoms attributable to overactive bladder...
- Prospective randomized controlled trial of extended-release oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate in the treatment of overactive bladder: results of the OBJECT Study
R A Appell
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:358-63. 2001
..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of extended-release oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate at 12 weeks in participants with overactive bladder...
- Reduced perception of urgency in treatment of overactive bladder with extended-release tolterodine
Urogynaecology Unit, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 102:605-11. 2003
..To evaluate the effect of once-daily, extended-release tolterodine on urinary urgency in patients with overactive bladder...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of tolterodine compared to oxybutynin and placebo in patients with overactive bladder
H P Drutz
University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 10:283-9. 1999
..Tolterodine has equivalent efficacy to oxybutynin, but with less severe adverse effects. This will allow patients to receive more effective treatment for their condition, with better compliance...
- Tolterodine once-daily: superior efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of the overactive bladder
P Van Kerrebroeck
Department of Urology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Urology 57:414-21. 2001
..Tolterodine ER demonstrated an improved efficacy for reducing urge incontinence episodes and a lower frequency of dry mouth compared with the existing IR twice-daily formulation...
- Health-related quality of life of patients receiving extended-release tolterodine for overactive bladder
Con J Kelleher
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Am J Manag Care 8:S608-15. 2002
..To compare the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of overactive bladder (OAB) patients foilowing treatment with tolterodine extended-release (ER) 4 mg once daily versus placebo...
- Long-term health-related quality of life of patients receiving extended-release tolterodine for overactive bladder
Con J Kelleher
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Am J Manag Care 8:S616-30. 2002
..To evaluate the long-term effects of tolterodine on the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder with incontinence...
- Simplified bladder training augments the effectiveness of tolterodine in patients with an overactive bladder
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
BJU Int 91:54-60. 2003
..To compare the efficacy of tolterodine plus simplified bladder training (BT) with tolterodine alone in patients with an overactive bladder...
- Treatment of overactive bladder with once-daily extended-release tolterodine or oxybutynin: the antimuscarinic clinical effectiveness trial (ACET)
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford 08084, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 18:177-84. 2002
..In conclusion, the greater efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine ER 4 mg suggests improved clinical effectiveness compared with oxybutynin ER 10 mg...
- Identification of a key determinant of ryanodine receptor type 1 required for activation by 4-chloro-m-cresol
James D Fessenden
Department of Anesthesia Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:28727-35. 2003
..Taken together, these results suggest that essential determinants required for activation of RyR1 by 4-CmC reside within a 173-amino acid region between residues 4007 and 4180...
- Tolterodine and memory: dry but forgetful
Kyle B Womack
Department of Neurology, University of Florida College of Medicine, and the Neurology Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, USA
Arch Neurol 60:771-3. 2003
..Anticholinergic drugs are known to produce or enhance cognitive deficits. Tolterodine tartrate is marketed as a bladder-selective anticholinergic drug that is reported to be free of significant cognitive adverse effects...
- Prospective, randomized, double-blind study of the efficacy and tolerability of the extended-release formulations of oxybutynin and tolterodine for overactive bladder: results of the OPERA trial
Ananias C Diokno
Department of Urology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Mich 48073, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:687-95. 2003
..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of extended-release formulations of oxybutynin chloride and tolterodine tartrate in women with overactive bladder...
- Transient memory impairment and hallucinations associated with tolterodine use
Jack W Tsao
N Engl J Med 349:2274-5. 2003
- Does gender or age affect the efficacy and safety of tolterodine?
Martin C Michel
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
J Urol 168:1027-31. 2002
..We compared the importance of patient age and gender relative to the intensity of baseline symptoms of overactive bladder in the therapeutic response to the muscarinic receptor antagonist tolterodine...
- Randomized, double-blind placebo- and tolterodine-controlled trial of the once-daily antimuscarinic agent solifenacin in patients with symptomatic overactive bladder
C R Chapple
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
BJU Int 93:303-10. 2004
..e. urgency, incontinence, and frequency, with additional objectives being to assess the safety and tolerability of solifenacin and to compare the efficacy and safety of solifenacin with tolterodine 2 mg twice daily...
- p-Hydroxyphenylacetate decarboxylase from Clostridium difficile. A novel glycyl radical enzyme catalysing the formation of p-cresol
Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Fachbereich Biologie, Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:1363-72. 2001
..Based on the identification of p-hydroxyphenylacetate decarboxylase as a novel glycyl radical enzyme and the substrate specificity of the enzyme, a catalytic mechanism involving ketyl radicals as intermediates is proposed...
- The responsiveness of the Overactive Bladder Questionnaire (OAB-q)
Karin S Coyne
MEDTAP International, Inc, Center for Health Outcomes Research, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Qual Life Res 14:849-55. 2005
..The purpose of this study was to examine the responsiveness of the Overactive Bladder questionnaire (OAB-q) during anti-muscarinic treatment...
- Clinical efficacy of tolterodine with or without a simplified pelvic floor exercise regimen
R J Millard
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Neurourol Urodyn 23:48-53. 2004
- Treatment of phenol and cresols in upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) process: a review
Gali S Veeresh
Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, India
Water Res 39:154-70. 2005
..recognition of the UASB process, feasibility studies on the treatment of wastewater containing phenol and cresols (o-, m- and p- isomers) in UASB have been reviewed...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of extended-release once-daily tolterodine treatment for overactive bladder in older versus younger patients
Norman R Zinner
Doctors Urology Group, Torrance, California 90505, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:799-807. 2002
..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a new, once-daily extended-release (ER) formulation of tolterodine in treating overactive bladder in older (> or =65) and younger (<65) patients...
- Gas chromatographic-mass spectrometric analysis for measurement of p-cresol and its conjugated metabolites in uremic and normal serum
Henriette de Loor
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Chem 51:1535-8. 2005
- Intravesical instillation of human urine after oral administration of trospium, tolterodine and oxybutynin in a rat model of detrusor overactivity
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
BJU Int 97:400-3. 2006
..To study the effects of antimuscarinics excreted into human urine on normal bladder in a rat model of detrusor overactivity...
- The emergence of new drugs for overactive bladder
Rebecca J McCrery
Division of Voiding Dysfunction and Female Urology, Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 11:125-36. 2006
..Standard therapy is directed towards modifying the detrusor motor sensitivity and response via anticholinergic medication. Currently available medications are reviewed and alternative targets for treatment are presented...
- Urodynamic effects of oxybutynin and tolterodine in conscious and anesthetized rats under different cystometrographic conditions
Pharmaceutical R and D Division, RECORDATI S p A, Via Civitali 1, 20148 Milan, Italy
BMC Pharmacol 5:14. 2005
..The aim was to determine the experimental conditions required to reproduce the clinical pharmacological effects of antimuscarinic agents, as seen in humans, in particular their ability to increase bladder capacity...
- Comparison of efficacy of oxybutynin and tolterodine for prevention of catheter related bladder discomfort: a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study
Department of Anaesthesia, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Br J Anaesth 96:377-80. 2006
..This study was therefore undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of oxybutynin and tolterodine in preventing catheter related bladder discomfort...
- Tolterodine: a clinical review
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095-7023, USA
J Womens Health Gend Based Med 10:735-43. 2001
..In all randomized controlled trials to date, tolterodine 2 mg bid is an equally effective alternative to oxybutynin 5 mg tid, while causing less intense and less frequent dry mouth or need for treatment withdrawal...
- [Urinary incontinence--treatment]
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Kliniken St Antonius, Wuppertal
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:750-2. 2003
- Ocular side-effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin, a single-blind prospective randomized trial
Dexter Y L Leung
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:668; author reply 669. 2005
- Bladder-health diaries: an assessment of 3-day vs 7-day entries
Roger R Dmochowski
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2201 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
BJU Int 96:1049-54. 2005
..To assess the reliability of symptom reports in 3-day vs 7-day bladder diaries used in clinical trials of patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and to compare those results and related issues with previous reports...
- Contemporary treatment options for overactive bladder
Paul H Taylor
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
JAAPA . 2005
- Pharmacological management of overactive bladder : a systematic and critical review of published economic evaluations
Caro Research Institute, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 23:995-1006. 2005
..A more definitive pharmacoeconomic comparison of oxybutynin and tolterodine formulations, incorporating all available clinical data, and other treatment options would help direct treatment...
- Tolterodine extended release is efficacious in continent and incontinent subjects with overactive bladder
Eric S Rovner
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, CSB 644, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Urology 72:488-93. 2008
..To assess efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine extended release (ER) in continent and incontinent subjects with overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Patient satisfaction with extended release tolterodine or oxybutynin in overactive bladder
Susan C Bolge
Consumer Health Sciences, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1903-12. 2007
..To evaluate the effects of individual and condition characteristics on satisfaction with extended release tolterodine or oxybutynin in overactive bladder (OAB)...
- The clinical efficacy of tolterodine extended-release is maintained for 24 h in patients with overactive bladder
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
BJU Int 100:107-10. 2007
..To assess the 24-h efficacy of tolterodine extended-release (ER) in patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and urgency urinary incontinence (UUI)...
- Safety and tolerability of extended-release oxybutynin once daily in urinary incontinence: combined results from two phase 4 controlled clinical trials
Robert B Armstrong
Ortho McNeil Neurologics, Inc, 1125 Trenton Harbourton Road, Titusville, NJ 08560 0200, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 39:1069-77. 2007
..In total, 1.2, 1.0, and 1.6% of patients in the extended-release oxybutynin, extended-release tolterodine, and immediate-release tolterodine groups, respectively, discontinued study medication due to dry mouth...
- Once-daily, extended-release formulations of antimuscarinic agents in the treatment of overactive bladder: a review
Eric S Rovner
Division of Urology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Eur Urol 41:6-14. 2002
..Overall, available clinical data suggest that the newly developed ER formulation of tolterodine represents a significant therapeutic advancement in the treatment of OAB...
- Retrospective evaluation of outcomes in patients with overactive bladder receiving tolterodine versus oxybutynin
Outcomes Research, Pfizer Inc, New York, NY 10017 5755, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2357-64. 2006
..The frequency, relative risk, resource utilization, and costs related to comorbidities associated with overactive bladder (OAB) were studied...
- The newer antimuscarinic drugs: bladder control with less dry mouth
Rodney A Appell
Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:761, 765-6, 768-9. 2002
..I review clinical trial data on the newer agents...
- Treatment can lead to a long dry spell
Cynthia H Starr
Bus Health . 2002
- Achieving bladder control. Treatment in the primary care setting
Cynthia M Maloney
Seton Health Incontinence Treatment Center, Troy, N Y, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 10:73-8. 2002
- The latest in treatments for incontinence in women
Nebr Nurse 39:22-6; quiz 27-8. 2006
- A new once-daily formulation of tolterodine provides superior efficacy and is well tolerated in women with overactive bladder
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:50-4; discussion 54-5. 2003
..There were no safety concerns. Toltrodine ER 4 mg once daily is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of women with overactive bladder, and reduces urge incontinence episodes more than the existing IR twice-daily formulation...
- Efficacy and tolerability of tolterodine extended-release in men with overactive bladder and urgency urinary incontinence
Claus G Roehrborn
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 911, USA
BJU Int 97:1003-6. 2006
..They found that it significantly reduced incontinent episodes and improved patient perception of treatment benefit in men with an overactive bladder..
- Comparison of the effectiveness and side-effects of tolterodine and oxybutynin in children with detrusor instability
The Medical Faculty of Uludag University, Department of Paediatric Surgery, Bursa, Turkey
Int J Urol 13:105-8. 2006
..The aim of this study is to assess the effectiveness and tolerability of tolterodine and oxybutynin in children with DI...