Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diagnostic aid in pancreas function determination.
Publications257 found, 100 shown here
- Elemental selenium at nano size possesses lower toxicity without compromising the fundamental effect on selenoenzymes: comparison with selenomethionine in miceHuali Wang
University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230052, People s Republic of China
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1524-33. 2007..b>Selenomethionine is considered to be the most appropriate supplemental form due to its excellent bioavailability and lower ..
- Selenite and selenomethionine promote HL-60 cell cycle progressionHuawei Zeng
U S Department of Agriculture, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9034, USA
J Nutr 132:674-9. 2002..In this study, the effects of selenium deficiency or adequacy (0.25 micromol/L selenite or selenomethionine) on HL-60 cell cycle progression were examined in serum-free media...
- Dietary selenomethionine increases exon-specific DNA methylation of the p53 gene in rat liver and colon mucosaHuawei Zeng
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
J Nutr 141:1464-8. 2011..15 [Se adequate (A)], or 4 mg [Se supranutritional (S)] (Se as l-selenomethionine)/kg diet for 104 d, respectively...
- Differential responses to selenomethionine supplementation by sex and genotype in healthy adultsGerald F Combs
Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, USDA ARS, 2420 2nd Avenue North, Stop 9034, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9034, USA
Br J Nutr 107:1514-25. 2012..to characterise the responses of multiple biomarkers of Se status in healthy American adults to supplemental selenomethionine (SeMet) and to identify factors affecting those responses...
- Superior in vivo inhibitory efficacy of methylseleninic acid against human prostate cancer over selenomethionine or seleniteGuang Xun Li
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue Northeast, Austin, MN 55912, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1005-12. 2008..methylselenol precursors methylseleninic acid (MSeA) and Se-methylselenocysteine (MSeC) in comparison with selenomethionine (SeMet) and selenite in DU145 and PC-3 human PCa xenografts in athymic nude mice...
- Selenium and the thyroid: a close-knit connectionLeonidas H Duntas
Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital, University of Athens, 20 Papadiamantopoulou Street 115 28 Athens, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5180-8. 2010..It has additionally been established that the thyroid contains more selenium than any other tissue and that selenium deficiency aggravates the manifestation of endemic myxedematous cretinism and autoimmune thyroid disease...
- Selenomethionine regulation of p53 by a ref1-dependent redox mechanismYoung R Seo
Department of Microbiology, Walther Oncology Center, and Walther Cancer Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46208, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14548-53. 2002..We show that selenium in the form of selenomethionine (SeMet) can activate the p53 tumor suppressor protein by a redox mechanism that requires the redox factor ..
- Selenium accumulation in prostate tissue during a randomized, controlled short-term trial of l-selenomethionine: a Southwest Oncology Group StudyAnita L Sabichi
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:2178-84. 2006..Epidemiologic and clinical data suggest that selenium could prevent prostate cancer, but it has not been shown that supplemental selenium leads to an increased concentration of selenium in prostate tissue compared with adjacent tissue...
- Methylselenol generated from selenomethionine by methioninase downregulates integrin expression and induces caspase-mediated apoptosis of B16F10 melanoma cellsAeyung Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
J Cell Physiol 212:386-400. 2007..In this study, we examine the effects of methylselenol generated from selenomethionine (SeMet) by methioninase (METase) on cell proliferation, adhesion, and expression of integrins in murine ..
- Speciation analysis of selenium metabolites in urine and breath by HPLC- and GC-inductively coupled plasma-MS after administration of selenomethionine and methylselenocysteine to ratsYuki Ohta
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chuo, Chiba 260 8675 Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 22:1795-801. 2009Selenium is an essential trace element found in vegetables as selenomethionine (SeMet) and methylselenocysteine (MeSeCys)...
- Optimization of selenoprotein P and other plasma selenium biomarkers for the assessment of the selenium nutritional requirement: a placebo-controlled, double-blind study of selenomethionine supplementation in selenium-deficient Chinese subjectsYiming Xia
Sichuan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Chengdu, China
Am J Clin Nutr 92:525-31. 2010..The intake of selenium needed for optimal health has not been established. Selenoproteins perform the functions of selenium, and the selenium intake needed for their full expression is not known...
- Speciation and bioavailability of selenium in yeast-based intervention agents used in cancer chemoprevention studiesErik H Larsen
Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Department of Food Chemistry, 19 Mørkhøj Bygade, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
J AOAC Int 87:225-32. 2004..The results for the NPC tablets showed that selenomethionine, together with 3 unidentified selenium compounds, were predominant in the sample hydrolysates...
- Expression, purification and crystallization of native and selenomethionine labeled Mycobacterium tuberculosis FGD1 (Rv0407) using a Mycobacterium smegmatis expression systemGhader Bashiri
Maurice Wilkins Center for Molecular Biodiscovery, Laboratory of Structural Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, New Zealand
Protein Expr Purif 54:38-44. 2007..Both native and selenomethionine-substituted FGD1 were obtained by culturing M...
- Analysis of methionine/selenomethionine oxidation and methionine sulfoxide reductase function using methionine-rich proteins and antibodies against their oxidized formsDung Tien Le
Department of Biochemistry and Redox Biology Center, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588, USA
Biochemistry 47:6685-94. 2008..Furthermore, we prepared a selenomethionine form of an MRP and found that selenomethionine selenoxide residues can be efficiently reduced ..
- A novel method for detection of selenomethionine incorporation in protein crystals via Raman microscopyAlessandro Vergara
Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Complesso Monte S Angelo, Via Cinthia, I 80126 Napoli, Italy
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 64:167-71. 2008..Mass spectrometry is currently used to evaluate the selenomethionine (SeMet) content in solution, but excluding fluorescence spectroscopy at the absorption edge, no other routine ..
- Contribution of enzymic alpha, gamma-elimination reaction in detoxification pathway of selenomethionine in mouse liverT Okuno
Division of Environmental Health, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Setsunan University, 45 1 Nagaotoge cho, Hirakata, Osaka 573 0101, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 176:18-23. 2001The objective of this study was to clarify the detoxification pathways of selenomethionine (SeMet) in mouse liver. It has been postulated that SeMet may be metabolized to selenocysteine (SeCyH) via a pathway similar to methionine (Met)...
- A human model of selenium that integrates metabolism from selenite and selenomethionineMeryl E Wastney
Metabolic Modeling Services Ltd, 7201 Blenheim, New Zealand
J Nutr 141:708-17. 2011..of this study was to simultaneously compare kinetics of absorbed Se from inorganic selenite (Sel) and organic selenomethionine (SeMet) in healthy participants (n = 31)...
- Dietary supplementation with methylseleninic acid, but not selenomethionine, reduces spontaneous metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma in miceLin Yan
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1260-6. 2012..investigated the effects of dietary supplementation with methylseleninic acid (MSeA), in comparison with selenomethionine (SeMet), on spontaneous metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma (LLC) in male C57BL/6 mice using intramuscular and ..
- Rapamycin suppresses ROS-dependent apoptosis caused by selenomethionine in A549 lung carcinoma cellsMaiko Suzuki
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1129-36. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effects of rapamycin on apoptosis induced by seleno-L-methionine (SeMet) or selenite in A549 cells...
- Sites and extent of selenomethionine incorporation into recombinant Cas6 protein by top-down and bottom-up proteomics with 14.5 T Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryXu Wang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, 95 Chieftain Way, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:2386-92. 2010b>Selenomethionine-modified proteins can improve X-ray crystallographic structural resolution by multi-wavelength anomalous diffraction (MAD) phasing...
- Non-optimal levels of dietary selenomethionine alter splenocyte response and modify oxidative stress markers in female miceLibia Vega
Sección Externa de Toxicología, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados, Av IPN 2508, San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico, DF 07360, Mexico
Food Chem Toxicol 45:1147-53. 2007Many studies evaluating the effects of selenium (Se) status on immunity utilize inorganic Se, although selenomethionine (Se-Met) has been suggested to be more bioavailable and less toxic...
- Prostatic response to supranutritional selenium supplementation: comparison of the target tissue potency of selenomethionine vs. selenium-yeast on markers of prostatic homeostasisDavid J Waters
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Nutrients 4:1650-63. 2012..the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT) showed no such cancer-protective advantage using selenomethionine (SeMet)...
- Methioninase cancer gene therapy with selenomethionine as suicide prodrug substrateK Miki
AntiCancer Incorporated, San Diego, California 92111, USA
Cancer Res 61:6805-10. 2001..This gene therapy strategy exploits the toxic pro-oxidant property of methylselenol, which is released from selenomethionine (SeMET) by cancer cells with the adenoviral-delivered methionine alpha,gamma-lyase (MET) gene cloned from ..
- Selenomethionine induction of DNA repair response in human fibroblastsYoung R Seo
Indiana University Cancer Center, Department of Microbiology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Oncogene 21:3663-9. 2002..We show that selenium in the form of selenomethionine induces a DNA repair response in normal human fibroblasts in vitro, and protects cells from DNA damage...
- Selenomethionine reduces visual deficits due to developmental methylmercury exposuresDaniel N Weber
Marine and Freshwater Biomedical Sciences Center, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 600 E Greenfield Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53204, United States
Physiol Behav 93:250-60. 2008..0-0.30 microM MeHg and/or selenomethionine (SeMet) until 24 hpf then placed in clean medium...
- Selective labeling of selenomethionine residues in proteins with a fluorescent derivative of benzyl bromideShenhui Lang
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3G1
Anal Biochem 359:253-8. 2006..of the bromobenzyl moiety as a reactive group for the targeted fluorescent labeling of methionine and selenomethionine residues in proteins...
- Dimethyldiselenide and methylseleninic acid generate superoxide in an in vitro chemiluminescence assay in the presence of glutathione: implications for the anticarcinogenic activity of L-selenomethionine and L-Se-methylselenocysteineJ E Spallholz
Department of Ophthalmology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Selenium Technologies, Inc, Lubbock, TX, USA
Nutr Cancer 40:34-41. 2001The reduction of cancer incidence by dietary supplementation with L-selenomethionine, L-Se-methylselenocysteine, and other methylated selenium compounds and metabolites is believed to be due to the metabolic generation of the ..
- Metabolism of 76Se-methylselenocysteine compared with that of 77Se-selenomethionine and 82Se-seleniteKazuo T Suzuki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 217:185-95. 2006Se-Methylated selenoamino acids, Se-methylselenocysteine (MeSeCys) and selenomethionine (SeMet), are chemically inert storage forms of selenium in selenium-accumulators, and a nutritional and supplemental source...
- Dietary supplementation of selenomethionine reduces metastasis of melanoma cells in miceL Yan
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Anticancer Res 19:1337-42. 1999The present study investigated the effect of dietary supplementation of selenomethionine on pulmonary metastasis of B16BL6 murine melanoma cells in C57BL/6 mice. Mice were assigned to four groups of 15 each...
- Development of stable isotope and selenomethionine labeling methods for proteins expressed in Pseudomonas fluorescensKrishna Madduri
Dow AgroSciences LLC, 9330 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268, USA
Protein Expr Purif 65:57-65. 2009..in structure elucidation studies, the availability of target proteins labeled with stable isotopes or selenomethionine is essential for the determination of protein structures...
- Selenomethionine treatment in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis: a prospective, quasi-randomised trialA D Anastasilakis
Department of Endocrinology, 424 Military Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Clin Pract 66:378-83. 2012..To test whether selenium administration affects autoantibodies to thyroid peroxidase (anti-TPO) and thyroglobulin (anti-TG) titres in chronic autoimmune (Hashimoto's - HT) thyroiditis...
- Selenomethionine incorporation into amyloid sequences regulates fibrillogenesis and toxicityJavier Martinez
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e27999. 2011..Some of the sequences undergoing fibrillation contain critical methionine (Met) residues which in vivo can be synthetically substituted by selenomethionine (SeM) and alter their properties.
- The anticancer effects of sodium selenite and selenomethionine on human colorectal carcinoma cell lines in nude miceYang Yang
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, People s Republic of China
Oncol Res 18:1-8. 2009..to evaluate the chemotherapeutic potential of selenium containing compounds such as sodium selenite (SSe) and selenomethionine (SeMet). Three doses of anticancer drugs were used, including 0...
- Interactions of Cu(I) with selenium-containing amino acids determined by NMR, XAS, and DFT studiesHsiao C Wang
Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634 0973, USA
Inorg Chem 50:10893-900. 2011..selenium antioxidant activity, Cu(I) coordination of the selenoamino acids methyl-Se-cysteine (MeSeCys) and selenomethionine (SeMet) was investigated...
- Metabolism of selenomethionine by rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) embryos can generate oxidative stressVince P Palace
Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Habitat Impacts Research, Freshwater Institute, 501 University Crescent, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N6
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 58:17-21. 2004..L-Selenomethionine, the predominant form of selenium in the eggs of oviparous vertebrates, does not generate oxidative radicals ..
- Uptake, distribution, and speciation of selenoamino acids by human cancer cells: X-ray absorption and fluorescence methodsClaire M Weekley
School of Chemistry and Physics, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Biochemistry 50:1641-50. 2011..The uptake, speciation, and distribution of the common selenoamino acid supplements, selenomethionine (SeMet) and Se-methylselenocysteine (MeSeCys), in A549 human lung cancer cells were investigated using X-ray ..
- Enhancement of methyl methanesulfonate-induced base excision repair in the presence of selenomethionine on p53-dependent pathwayHwa Jin Jung
Department of Pharmacology, Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 12:340-4. 2009b>Selenomethionine (SeMet) has been identified as a chemopreventive antioxidant to activate p53-mediated nucleotide excision repair. In this study, we examined whether p53-mediated base excision repair (BER) might be induced by SeMet...
- Crystal structure of the rat liver fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase based on selenomethionine multiwavelength anomalous dispersion phasesY H Lee
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Biochemistry 35:6010-9. 1996..5 A resolution. The selenomethionine-substituted protein was induced in the methionine auxotroph, Escherichia coli DL41DE3, purified, and ..
- Selenomethionine incorporation into a protein by cell-free synthesisTakanori Kigawa
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama, 230 0045 Japan
J Struct Funct Genomics 2:29-35. 2002..b>Selenomethionine substituted proteins are commonly used for this purpose...
- Determination of methionine and selenomethionine in selenium-enriched yeast by species-specific isotope dilution with liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry detectionShona McSheehy
Institute for National Measurement Standards, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0R9
Anal Chem 77:344-9. 2005b>Selenomethionine (SeMet) and methionine (Met), liberated by acid hydrolysis of selenium-enriched yeast, were quantified by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC/MS) using standard additions calibrations as well as isotope dilution (..
- Selenium metabolites in urine of cancer patients receiving L-selenomethionine at high dosesDoris Kuehnelt
Institute of Chemistry Analytical Chemistry, Karl Franzens University Graz, Universitaetsplatz 1, 8010 Graz, Austria
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 220:211-5. 2007..HPLC/mass spectrometry, the selenium metabolites in urine from five cancer patients receiving high doses of L-selenomethionine over an extended period (2 x 4000 microg Se/day for 7 days, then 4000 microg Se/day for 21 days) as an ..
- Bioavailability of selenium from raw or cured selenomethionine-enriched fillets of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) assessed in selenium-deficient ratsRobin Ornsrud
Directorate of Fisheries, Institute of Nutrition, Bergen, Norway
Br J Nutr 87:13-20. 2002The bioavailability of Se from raw and cured selenomethionine-enriched (Se-enriched) salmon fillets was assessed in Se-deficient male albino rats (Mol: Wist)...
- The organic selenium compound selenomethionine modulates bleomycin-induced DNA damage and repair in human leukocytesBlanca Laffon
Toxicology Unit, Department of Psychobiology, University of A Coruna, Edificio de Servicios Centrales de Investigación, Campus Elviña s n, 15071, A Coruna, Spain
Biol Trace Elem Res 133:12-9. 2010The objective of this work was to evaluate the effects of selenomethionine (SeMet) on the induction, repair, and persistence of DNA damage in human leukocytes challenged with bleomycin (BLM)...
- Selenomethionine and alpha-tocopherol do not inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the testosterone plus estradiol-treated NBL rat modelNur Ozten
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:371-80. 2010..In this study, we examined the potential of selenomethionine and alpha-tocopherol to modulate prostate cancer development in the testosterone plus estradiol-treated NBL ..
- Effects of 12 months treatment with L-selenomethionine on serum anti-TPO Levels in Patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditisElias E Mazokopakis
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Thyroid 17:609-12. 2007..We studied the effects of selenium (Se) treatment on serum anti-thyroid peroxidase (TPO) levels in Greek patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis (HT)...
- Crystal structure of Bfr A from Mycobacterium tuberculosis: incorporation of selenomethionine results in cleavage and demetallation of haemVibha Gupta
Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 4:e8028. 2009..In addition, this study provides evidence against the general belief that a selenium derivative of a protein represents its true physiological native structure...
- Production of selenomethionine-labeled proteins in two-liter plastic bottles for structure determinationLucy Stols
Environmental Research Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 5:95-102. 2004..that the approach is also well suited for production of proteins in defined media with incorporation of selenomethionine to facilitate structure determination by multiwavelength anomalous diffraction...
- The nutritional significance, metabolism and toxicology of selenomethionineGerhard Norbert Schrauzer
Biological Trace Element Research Institute, 2400 Boswell Rd, Suite 200, Chula Vista, CA 91914, USA
Adv Food Nutr Res 47:73-112. 2003..The expectation is that lower additions to feedstock of equivalent levels of SeMet will suffice to achieve adequacy than currently approved maximum levels of Se in the form of inorganic Se salts...
- Methioninase gene therapy with selenomethionine induces apoptosis in bcl-2-overproducing lung cancer cellsNorio Yamamoto
AntiCancer, Inc, 7917 Ostrow Street, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 10:445-50. 2003We have previously shown that the toxic pro-oxidant methylselenol is released from selenomethionine (SeMET) by cancer cells transformed with the adenoviral methionine alpha,gamma-lyase (methioninase, MET) gene cloned from Pseudomonas ..
- Apoptosis induced by selenomethionine and methioninase is superoxide mediated and p53 dependent in human prostate cancer cellsRui Zhao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, K4 868, Clinical Science Center, Box 8550, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:3275-84. 2006b>Selenomethionine (SeMet) is the chemical form or major component of selenium used for cancer chemoprevention in several clinical trials...
- The in vitro effects of selenomethionine on methylmercury-induced neurotoxicityParvinder Kaur
Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Olav Kyrresgt 3, N 7489 Trondheim, Norway
Toxicol In Vitro 23:378-85. 2009..Therefore, we investigated whether 24h. preincubation or 50min. coincubation with selenomethionine (SeMet) was effective in reducing methylmercury (MeHg)-induced cytotoxicity in C6-glioma and B35-neuronal ..
- Profiling of selenomethionine responsive genes in colon cancer by microarray analysisAnne Christine Goulet
Department of Pathology, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:494-503. 2007..Previous studies by our group demonstrated that selenomethionine-induced growth arrest appears to be mediated by activation of ERK and subsequent phosphorylation of RSK and ..
- Selenium and selenomethionine levels in prostate cancer patientsDavid W Nyman
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85721 0207, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 28:8-16. 2004Selenium (Se) and selenomethionine (Se-Met) have been identified as potential chemopreventive agents of prostate cancer...
- Oxidation of selenomethionine: some MADness in the method!A J Sharff
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 56:785-8. 2000..Here, it is demonstrated that the anomalous signal from selenomethione (SeMet) substituted proteins can be significantly enhanced by oxidation...
- Biomarkers of exposure and effect as indicators of the interference of selenomethionine on methylmercury toxicityAna P M dos Santos
Centro de Estudos de Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Av Prof Gama Pinto, 1649 003 Lisbon, Portugal
Toxicol Lett 169:121-8. 2007The present study was conducted to clarify the interference of selenomethionine (SeMet) on methylmercury (MeHg) toxicity through the evaluation of changes in biomarkers of exposure and effect in rats exposed to MeHg and co-exposed to MeHg ..
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of fixed-dose selenomethionine and irinotecan in solid tumorsMarwan G Fakih
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1237-44. 2006We conducted a phase I study to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of irinotecan with fixed, nontoxic high dose of selenomethionine.
- Selenomethionine stimulates expression of glutathione peroxidase 1 and 3 and growth of bovine mammary epithelial cells in primary cultureS G Miranda
Department of Animal Science, University of Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela 4005
J Dairy Sci 92:2670-83. 2009..The effect of selenium as selenomethionine (SeMet) on the growth and viability of BMEC and GPx protein expression and activity were also studied...
- Reduction of L-methionine selenoxide to seleno-L-methionine by endogenous thiols, ascorbic acid, or methimazoleRenee J Krause
Department of Comparative Biosciences and the Center for Molecular and Environmental Toxicology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 77:134-40. 2009..Furthermore, the novel reduction of MetSeO by methimazole provides clear evidence that methimazole should not be used as an alternative FMO substrate when studying FMO-mediated oxidation of SeMet...
- Selenite or selenomethionine interaction with methylmercury on uptake and toxicity showing a weak selenite protection: studies on cultured K-562 cellsP Frisk
Department of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Biomedical Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
Biol Trace Elem Res 80:251-68. 2001..Human K-562 cells were pretreated or simultaneously treated with either selenite (5 or 50 microM) or selenomethionine (10 or 50 microM) together with (3.5 or 5 microM) MMC...
- Selenomethionine regulates cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression through nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) in colon cancer cellsDurga P Cherukuri
Department of Pathology, Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:175-80. 2005Previously, we showed that selenomethionine (Se-Met) inhibits growth of colon cancer cells via suppressing COX-2 expression at both mRNA and protein level...
- Selenium compounds regulate p53 by common and distinctive mechanismsMartin L Smith
Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Walther Oncology Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Anticancer Res 24:1401-8. 2004..The main dietary form is selenomethionine, which we showed modulated p53 activity by causing redox regulation of key p53 cysteine residues...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, esophageal squamous cell cancer chemoprevention trial of selenomethionine and celecoxibPaul J Limburg
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 129:863-73. 2005..Squamous dysplasia, the accepted histological precursor for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, represents a potentially modifiable intermediate end point for chemoprevention trials in high-risk populations...
- Protocols for production of selenomethionine-labeled proteins in 2-L polyethylene terephthalate bottles using auto-induction mediumHassan K Sreenath
Department of Biochemistry, Center for Eukaryotic Structural Genomics, University of Wisconsin Madison, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1549, USA
Protein Expr Purif 40:256-67. 2005Protocols have been developed and applied in the high-throughput production of selenomethionine labeled fusion proteins using the conditional Met auxotroph Escherichia coli B834...
- Effects of a six month treatment with selenomethionine in patients with autoimmune thyroiditisLeonidas H Duntas
Endocrine Unit, Evgenidion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, 20 Papadiamantopoulou Str, 11528 Athens, Greece
Eur J Endocrinol 148:389-93. 2003..Therefore, we performed a randomised, placebo-controlled prospective study to investigate the effects of Se treatment on patients with autoimmune thyroiditis (AIT)...
- Incorporation of selenomethionine into induced intracytoplasmic membrane proteins of Rhodobacter speciesPhilip D Laible
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S Cass Avenue, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 6:95-102. 2005..Development of methods for the in vivo substitution of methionine by selenomethionine (SeMet) has revolutionized the process for determination of structures of soluble proteins in recent years...
- Methioninase and selenomethionine but not Se-methylselenocysteine generate methylselenol and superoxide in an in vitro chemiluminescent assay: implications for the nutritional carcinostatic activity of selenoamino acidsJulian E Spallholz
Food and Nutrition, College of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 67:547-54. 2004..methylselenol-generating chemiluminesence by superoxide (O2*-) is shown to be catalytically produced from L-selenomethionine and D,L-selenoethionine, but not from methionine or L-Se-methylselenocysteine (SeMC)...
- Selenomethionine induces sustained ERK phosphorylation leading to cell-cycle arrest in human colon cancer cellsAnne Christine Goulet
Department of Pathology, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:109-17. 2005b>Selenomethionine (SeMet) is being tested alone and in combination with other agents in cancer chemoprevention trials...
- Comparative effects of 2 antioxidants, selenomethionine and epigallocatechin-gallate, on catabolic and anabolic gene expression of articular chondrocytesRina Andriamanalijaona
Laboratory of Connective Tissue Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Rheumatol 32:1958-67. 2005To determine the effects of selenomethionine (Se-met) and epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCg) on gene expression, activation of mitogen-activating kinases, and DNA binding of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) and apolipoprotein-1 (AP-1) in ..
- Selenomethionine and selenocysteine double labeling strategy for crystallographic phasingMarie Paule Strub
Centre de Biochimie Structurale, UMR CNRS 5048, UMR 554 INSERM, Universite Montpellier I, 34090 Cedex, Montpellier, France
Structure 11:1359-67. 2003A protocol for the quantitative incorporation of both selenomethionine and selenocysteine into recombinant proteins overexpressed in Escherichia coli is described...
- Changes in serum proteomic patterns by presurgical alpha-tocopherol and L-selenomethionine supplementation in prostate cancerJeri Kim
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Lazare Research Building, Room 504, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605 2324, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1697-702. 2005Evidence of the chemopreventive effects of the dietary antioxidants alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) and l-selenomethionine (selenium) comes from secondary analysis of two phase III clinical trials that found treatment with these antioxidants ..
- Selenomethionine labeling of recombinant proteinsAnna M Larsson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Methods Mol Biol 389:165-74. 2007b>Selenomethionine incorporation is a standard method for determining the phases in protein crystallography by single- or multiwavelength anomalous dispersion...
- Production of selenomethionine-labelled proteins using simplified culture conditions and generally applicable host/vector systemsS A Guerrero
, Braunschweig, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 56:718-23. 2001The amino acid analogue selenomethionine (SeMet) is shown to be efficiently incorporated into recombinant proteins expressed in Escherichia coli grown in a simple minimal medium without the addition of synthetic amino acids...
- Reduction of gene repair by selenomethionine with the use of single-stranded oligonucleotidesTimothy R Schwartz
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Delaware Biotechnology Institute, 15 Innovation Way Newark, DE 19711, USA
BMC Mol Biol 8:7. 2007..This process is regulated by the activity of various factors and proteins that either elevate or depress the frequency at which gene repair takes place...
- A Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of selenomethionine in combination with a fixed dose of irinotecan in solid tumorsMarwan G Fakih
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:499-508. 2008We conducted a phase I study to determine the recommended dose of selenomethionine (SLM) in combination with irinotecan that consistently results in a protective plasma selenium (Se) concentrations > 15 microM after 1 week of SLM ..
- XANES measurements of the rate of radiation damage to selenomethionine side chainsJames M Holton
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158 2330, USA
J Synchrotron Radiat 14:51-72. 2007The radiation-induced disordering of selenomethionine (SeMet) side chains represents a significant impediment to protein structure solution...
- Selenomethionine inhibits ultraviolet radiation-induced p53 transactivationNicola J Traynor
Photobiology Unit, Ninewells Hospital, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 22:297-303. 2006....
- Selenium (Se) from high-selenium broccoli is utilized differently than selenite, selenate and selenomethionine, but is more effective in inhibiting colon carcinogenesisJ W Finley
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, ND 58202, USA
Biofactors 14:191-6. 2001..amounts of Se from high-Se processed wheat also significantly reduced aberrant crypts (AC), although pure selenomethionine, (the predominant chemical form of Se in wheat), did not significantly reduce AC...
- Synthesis of selenocysteine and selenomethionine derivatives from sulfur-containing amino acidsMichio Iwaoka
Department of Chemistry, School of Science, Tokai University, Kitakaname, Hiratsuka shi, Kanagawa 259 1292, Japan
Chem Biodivers 5:359-74. 2008..our recent progresses in the transformation from sulfur-containing amino acids to selenocysteine (SeCys) and selenomethionine (SeMet) derivatives are reviewed along with the surveys of general organic methodologies for the synthesis of ..
- Selenomethionine inhibits growth and suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) protein expression in human colon cancer cell linesAntonio Baines
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:370-4. 2002Currently, selenium (in the form of high selenium containing yeast or selenomethionine) is being evaluated for anticancer effects against both human colon polyp recurrence and human prostate cancer, respectively...
- Comparative toxicosis of sodium selenite and selenomethionine in lambsAsheesh K Tiwary
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, University of California, Davis, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 18:61-70. 2006..The objective of the study reported here was to compare the acute toxicosis caused by organic selenium (selenomethionine) found in plants with that caused by the supplemental, inorganic form of selenium (sodium selenite)...
- Hydrolysis of proteins with methanesulfonic acid for improved HPLC-ICP-MS determination of seleno-methionine in yeast and nutsKatarzyna Wrobel
Department of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 45221 0172, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 375:133-8. 2003..5)/methanol (95:5). The results obtained by standard addition showed 816+/-17 micro g g(-1) and 36.2+/-1.5 micro g g(-1) of selenium in the form of Se-methionine in yeast and nuts, respectively (65% and 75% of total selenium)...
- The effect of selenium, as selenomethionine, on genome stability and cytotoxicity in human lymphocytes measured using the cytokinesis-block micronucleus cytome assayJing Wu
Nutrigenomics Laboratory, CSIRO Human Nutrition, SA, Australia
Mutagenesis 24:225-32. 2009..Therefore, a cautious approach to supplementation with Se-met is required to ensure that optimal genome health is achieved without cytotoxic effects...
- An essential role of s-adenosyl-L-methionine:L-methionine s-methyltransferase in selenium volatilization by plants. Methylation of selenomethionine to selenium-methyl-L-selenium- methionine, the precursor of volatile seleniumAbderrahmane Tagmount
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, 111 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Plant Physiol 130:847-56. 2002..Thus, our results provide in vivo evidence that MMT is the key enzyme catalyzing the methylation of Se-Met to SeMM...
- Selenomethionine incorporation in proteins expressed in Lactococcus lactisRonnie P A Berntsson
Department of Biochemistry, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute and Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Protein Sci 18:1121-7. 2009..Here, we describe a protocol for incorporation of selenomethionine (SeMet) into proteins expressed in L. lactis...
- Effects of selenomethionine supplementation on selenium status and thyroid hormone concentrations in healthy adultsGerald F Combs
Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Grand Forks, ND 55202, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1808-14. 2009..The effects of long-term selenium supplementation on thyroid hormone concentrations are unknown...
- Blocking S-adenosylmethionine synthesis in yeast allows selenomethionine incorporation and multiwavelength anomalous dispersion phasingMichael G Malkowski
Center for Pediatric Biomedical Research and Departments of Environmental Medicine and Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester Medical School, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6678-83. 2007..However, extensive replacement of methionine by selenomethionine for anomalous dispersion phasing has proven intractable in yeast...
- Selenomethionine does not affect PSA secretion independent of its effect on LNCaP cell growthSuvarna Bhamre
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Prostate 54:315-21. 2003Individuals supplemented with selenium have reduced incidence of prostate cancer. This study determines whether selenomethionine specifically affects the secretion of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in vitro.
- Crystal structure of THEP1 from the hyperthermophile Aquifex aeolicus: a variation of the RecA foldMichael Rossbach
Institute of Neurobiochemistry, The Protein Chemistry Group, Witten Herdecke University, Stockumer Strasse 10, 58448 Witten, Germany
BMC Struct Biol 5:7. 2005..Although annotated as a nucleotide kinase, such an activity could not be confirmed for aaTHEP1 experimentally and the in vivo function of aaTHEP1 is still unknown...
- Structure at 1.6 A resolution of the protein from gene locus At3g22680 from Arabidopsis thalianaSimon T M Allard
Center for Eukaryotic Structural Genomics, Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:647-50. 2005..Protein At3g22680 shows no structural homology to any other known proteins and represents a new fold in protein conformation space...
- Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of YaeQ (XAC2396) from Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citriCristiane R Guzzo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CEP 05508 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:493-5. 2005..6 kDa) YaeQ protein are described. Recombinant YaeQ containing selenomethionine was crystallized in space group P2(1) and crystals diffracted to 1.9 A resolution at a synchrotron source...
- Crystallization of the C-terminal globular domain of avian reovirus fibreMark J van Raaij
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Campus Sur, E 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:651-4. 2005..Therefore, a search is under way for suitable heavy-atom derivatives and attempts are being made to grow protein crystals containing selenomethionine instead of methionine.
- Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of BbCRASP-1, a complement regulator-acquiring surface protein of Borrelia burgdorferiFrank S Cordes
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:929-32. 2004..Crystals of native and selenomethionine-substituted BbCRASP-1 have been obtained and a native data set to 2...
- Crystallization and preliminary analysis of xenobiotic reductase A and ligand complexes from Pseudomonas putida II-BAllen M Orville
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0400, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:957-61. 2004..The native XenA data set includes reflections between 35 and 1.65 A. Four-wavelength MAD data sets from selenomethionine-enriched XenA and from three different ligand complexes are also reported...
- Expression, purification and preliminary crystallographic studies of a single-point mutant of Mos1 mariner transposaseJulia M Richardson
School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, The King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:962-4. 2004..5 A resolution and show tetragonal symmetry, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 44.5, c = 205.6 A. Multiple-wavelength anomalous data from a selenomethionyl form of the protein and data from a heavy-atom derivative have been collected...
- Structure of the molybdenum-cofactor biosynthesis protein MoaB of Escherichia coliGerd Bader
Abteilung Strukturforschung, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:1068-75. 2004..The close structural homology to MogA and the gephyrin and Cnx1 domains suggests that MoaB may bind a hitherto unidentified pterin compound, possibly an intermediate in molybdopterin biosynthesis...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of alpha-isopropylmalate synthase from Mycobacterium tuberculosisNayden Koon
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:1167-9. 2004..in Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Rv3710) has been cloned, expressed in Escherichia coli, both in native and selenomethionine-substituted forms, and crystallized...
- The family 11 carbohydrate-binding module of Clostridium thermocellum Lic26A-Cel5E accommodates beta-1,4- and beta-1,3-1,4-mixed linked glucans at a single binding siteAna L Carvalho
Rede de Química e Technologia Centro de Química Fina e Biotechnologia, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Biol Chem 279:34785-93. 2004..We propose, therefore, that CtCBM11 contains a single ligand-binding site that displays affinity for both beta-1,4- and beta-1,3-1,4-mixed linked glucans...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of Sulfolobus solfataricus thioredoxin reductaseAlessia Ruggiero
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini, CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, I 80134 Naples, Italy
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:906-9. 2005..77, b = 120.68, c = 126.85 A. The structure of the enzyme has been solved by MAD methods using the anomalous signal from the Se atoms of selenomethionine-labelled SsTrxR.
- Cloning, purification and preliminary crystallographic analysis of a conserved hypothetical protein, SA0961 (YlaN), from Staphylococcus aureusLing Xu
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, England
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62:778-80. 2006..Crystals of selenomethionine-labelled SA0961 diffract to beyond 2...
- Expression, purification and preliminary crystallographic analysis of dipeptidyl peptidase IV from Porphyromonas gingivalisDean Rea
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 60:1871-3. 2004..9, c = 310.0 A, beta = 95.0 degrees. There are ten molecules per asymmetric unit, indicating a solvent content of 50%. Data were also collected from selenomethionine-derived crystals and structure solution by SAD or MAD is in progress.
- Selenium metabolites in human urine after ingestion of selenite, L-selenomethionine, or DL-selenomethionine: a quantitative case study by HPLC/ICPMSDoris Kuehnelt
Institute of Chemistry Analytical Chemistry, Karl Franzens University Graz, Universitaetsplatz 1, 8010, Graz, Austria
Anal Bioanal Chem 383:235-46. 2005..0 mg) as sodium selenite, L-selenomethionine, or DL-selenomethionine. The three separate experiments were performed in duplicate...
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..This trial is testing the hypothesis that 200 5g of L-selenomethionine given as selenized yeast can decrease the rate of second primary tumors in patients who have undergone ..
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..This trial is testing the hypothesis that 200 5g of L-selenomethionine given as selenized yeast can decrease the rate of second primary tumors in patients who have undergone ..
- The influence of selenium on biomarkers of prostate cancer riskKARAM E EL BAYOUMY; Fiscal Year: 2010..a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of selenium supplementation in the form of selenomethionine (SM=200 5g/day) and SY (240 5g/day and 350 5g/day the higher dose will deliver 200 5g/day of SM;(the ..
- The influence of selenium on biomarkers of prostate cancer riskKaram El Bayoumy; Fiscal Year: 2009..a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of selenium supplementation in the form of selenomethionine (SM=200 5g/day) and SY (240 5g/day and 350 5g/day the higher dose will deliver 200 5g/day of SM; (the ..
- Supplemental Se and Vitamin E and Pulmonary FunctionPATRICIA CASSANO; Fiscal Year: 2007..men testing whether daily supplementation with vitamin E (400mg alpha-tocopherol), selenium (200 micrograms selenomethionine) or both vitamin E and selenium can prevent prostate cancer...
- Mechanisms of Motor Neuron DeathLee Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..of DNA lesions in single MN and to determine if known and potentially new pharmacotherapies (creatine and selenomethionine) for mouse ALS attenuate the formation of DNA lesions...
- Chemoprevention of arsenic-induced skin cancerHabibul Ahsan; Fiscal Year: 2010..4,444 individuals with arsenic-related skin lesions into 4 treatment arms: vitamin E only (100 IU/day), L-selenomethionine only (200 5g/day), both vitamin E and selenium, and placebo...
- Differential Gene Expression Induced by AntioxidantsJeri Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..The aims of this study are: 1) to identify genes differentially induced by the antioxidants l-selenomethionine (selenium) and alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E), singly and in combination, in normal and cancerous prostate ..
- FMOs: Roles in Metabolism and ToxicityADNAN ELFARRA; Fiscal Year: 2007..With most chemicals, the FMO-mediated reaction is a detoxication reaction. However, with compounds such as selenomethionine, a naturally occurring compound that has antioxidant and anticancer properties, and the cysteine S-conjugates ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CLATHRIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONJoel Ybe; Fiscal Year: 2007..7-2.3 A at Argonne and at the Advanced Light Source. Selenomethionine crystals have been prepared to solve the phasing problem by MAD analysis, while heavy metal replacement and "..
- STRUCTURE AND ASSEMBLY OF THE HIV1 CAPSID PROTEINChristopher Hill; Fiscal Year: 2001..363, and grown crystals of both the native and selenomethionine- substituted proteins. Very recently, we have collected complete data sets at 2...
- CYSTEINE CONJUGATE SULFOXIDATION BY MULTIPLE FMOSADNAN ELFARRA; Fiscal Year: 2004..Similar studies will be conducted with methionine and selenomethionine, structural analogues of cysteine S-conjugates which we have also identified as FMO substrates and are known ..
- Colorectal Neoplasia in SELECT ParticipantsM PETER LANCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The SELECT Trial will assess the effect of selenium, as L-selenomethionine, and vitamin E alone and in combination on the clinical incidence of prostate cancer in 35,584 now-randomized ..
- Colorectal Neoplasia in SELECT ParticipantsM Lance; Fiscal Year: 2007..The SELECT Trial will assess the effect of selenium, as L-selenomethionine, and vitamin E alone and in combination on the clinical incidence of prostate cancer in 35,584 now-randomized ..
- A new method for delivery of selinium for prevention of melanomaPamela Cassidy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2: Evaluate new formulations of Se- methylselenocysteine (SeMSec) and selenomethionine (SeMet) for the delivery of selenium to the skin of mice...
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ingestion of L-selenomethionine has been associated with a 50% decrease in expected rates of lung cancer...
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..for resected Stage I lung cancer patients participating in a Phase III Chemoprevention trial evaluating L- selenomethionine. The studies proposed in this competitive supplement will complement and extend the work in the parent grant ..
- Genetic Analysis of Selenium ToxicityAnnette Estevez; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Caenorhabditis elegans exposure to selenomethionine (SeMet) causes progressive paralysis, decreased fertility, and growth retardation of adults derived from ..
- Clinical Trial of Selenium and Prostate BiomarkersJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..scheduled for brachythrapy and prostatectomy to pretreatment supplementation by daily dose of 400 meg selenomethionine, or to placebo...
- Clinical Trial of Selenium and Prostate BiomarkersJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2009..scheduled for brachythrapy and prostatectomy to pretreatment supplementation by daily dose of 400 meg selenomethionine, or to placebo...
- Clinical Trial of Selenium and Prostate BiomarkersJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2007..scheduled for brachythrapy and prostatectomy to pretreatment supplementation by daily dose of 400 meg selenomethionine, or to placebo...
- Selenium Prevention of Tobacco Smoke-Induced Lung CancerTeresa Fan; Fiscal Year: 2005..1) To examine whether dietary Se supplement in the form of selenized yeast (Se-yeast) or its major component selenomethionine (Se-Met) is chemopreventive for mice that have "quit" smoking; 2) To characterize biomarkers of Se action ..
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ingestion of L-selenomethionine has been associated with a 50% decrease in expected rates of lung cancer...
- Methyl-selenium for prostate cancer chemopreventionJunxuan Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007The ongoing Selenium-vitamin E Cancer Trial (SELECT) is testing the efficacy of selenium (Se) in the form of selenomethionine (SeMet) alone or in combination with vitamin E to prevent prostate cancer (PCa) in a cohort of some 32,400 ..
- Methyl-selenium for prostate cancer chemopreventionJunxuan Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010The ongoing Selenium-vitamin E Cancer Trial (SELECT) is testing the efficacy of selenium (Se) in the form of selenomethionine (SeMet) alone or in combination with vitamin E to prevent prostate cancer (PCa) in a cohort of some 32,400 ..
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ingestion of L-selenomethionine has been associated with a 50% decrease in expected rates of lung cancer...
- STRUCTURAL BASIS OF GANGLIOSIDE RECOGNITIONChristine Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..The crystal structure of the selenomethionine mutant of the GM2-AP has been solved at 2.4 A by multiwavelength anomalous diffraction...
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Development of selenomethionine resistant yeastTERRI KINZY; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this aspect, one of the most important techniques now routinely used is the production of selenomethionine (SeMet) substituted recombinant proteins...