Genomes and Genes
Summary: An organoplatinum compound that possesses antineoplastic activity.
Publications410 found, 100 shown here
- Gefitinib or carboplatin-paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinomaTony S Mok
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
N Engl J Med 361:947-57. 2009..Previous, uncontrolled studies have suggested that first-line treatment with gefitinib would be efficacious in selected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Biomarker analyses and final overall survival results from a phase III, randomized, open-label, first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Asia (IPASS)Masahiro Fukuoka
Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:2866-74. 2011The results of the Iressa Pan-Asia Study (IPASS), which compared gefitinib and carboplatin/paclitaxel in previously untreated never-smokers and light ex-smokers with advanced pulmonary adenocarcinoma were published previously...
- Molecular mechanisms of resistance and toxicity associated with platinating agentsCara A Rabik
Department of Medicine, Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Box MC2115, Section of Hem Onc, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 33:9-23. 2007Platinating agents, including cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin, have been used clinically for nearly 30years as part of the treatment of many types of cancers, including head and neck, testicular, ovarian, cervical, lung, ..
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRobert F Ozols
Medical Science Department, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3194-200. 2003..Although in nonrandomized trials, carboplatin and paclitaxel was a less toxic and highly active combination regimen, there remained concern regarding its ..
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Randomized phase III study of cisplatin plus irinotecan versus carboplatin plus paclitaxel, cisplatin plus gemcitabine, and cisplatin plus vinorelbine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Four-Arm Cooperative Study in JapanY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:317-23. 2007..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of three platinum-based combination regimens against cisplatin plus irinotecan (IP) in patients with untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) by a non-inferiority design...
- Updated overall survival results from a randomized phase III trial comparing gefitinib with carboplatin-paclitaxel for chemo-naïve non-small cell lung cancer with sensitive EGFR gene mutations (NEJ002)A Inoue
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Ann Oncol 24:54-9. 2013NEJ002 study, comparing gefitinib with carboplatin (CBDCA) and paclitaxel (PTX; Taxol) as the first-line treatment for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) harboring an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation, previously ..
- Results of a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of sorafenib in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel as second-line treatment in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanomaAxel Hauschild
University of Kiel, Kiel, Charite Berlin
J Clin Oncol 27:2823-30. 2009..double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of sorafenib with carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with advanced melanoma who had progressed on a dacarbazine- or temozolomide-..
- Dose-dense paclitaxel once a week in combination with carboplatin every 3 weeks for advanced ovarian cancer: a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trialNoriyuki Katsumata
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet 374:1331-8. 2009Paclitaxel and carboplatin given every 3 weeks is standard treatment for advanced ovarian carcinoma. Attempts to improve patient survival by including other drugs have yielded disappointing results...
- Randomized trial of radiation therapy versus concomitant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaG Calais
G Calais, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:2081-6. 1999..e., advanced oropharynx carcinoma)...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- Cisplatin- versus carboplatin-based chemotherapy in first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: an individual patient data meta-analysisAndrea Ardizzoni
Division of Medical Oncology, University Hospital, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:847-57. 2007Because the efficacy of carboplatin and cisplatin in the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) has not been proven to be equivalent, an individual patient data meta-analysis comparing the two treatments was performed.
- Subconjunctival carboplatin and systemic topotecan treatment in preclinical models of retinoblastomaKatie M Nemeth
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Cancer 117:421-34. 2011The authors demonstrated previously that the combination of topotecan (TPT) and carboplatin (CBP) was more effective than current chemotherapeutic combinations used to treat retinoblastoma in an orthotopic xenograft model...
- Randomized phase II study of dulanermin in combination with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJean Charles Soria
South Paris University, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 29:4442-51. 2011To evaluate the efficacy and safety of dulanermin combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PC) and bevacizumab (PCB) as first-line treatment for advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Health-related quality-of-life in a randomized phase III first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients from Asia with advanced NSCLC (IPASS)Sumitra Thongprasert
Department of Medicine, Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Thorac Oncol 6:1872-80. 2011....
- Weekly nab-paclitaxel in combination with carboplatin versus solvent-based paclitaxel plus carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: final results of a phase III trialMark A Socinski
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2055-62. 2012This phase III trial compared the efficacy and safety of albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin with solvent-based paclitaxel (sb-paclitaxel) plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- International, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind phase III study of motesanib plus carboplatin/paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: MONET1Giorgio V Scagliotti
University of Turin, S Luigi Hospital, Turin, Italy
J Clin Oncol 30:2829-36. 2012..growth factor receptors 1, 2, and 3; platelet-derived growth factor receptor; and Kit) combined with carboplatin/paclitaxel improved overall survival (OS) versus chemotherapy alone in patients with nonsquamous non-small-cell ..
- Analysis of potential predictive markers of cetuximab benefit in BMS099, a phase III study of cetuximab and first-line taxane/carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerShirin Khambata-Ford
Bristol Myers Squibb, 311 Pennington Rocky Hill Rd, 3B 2 06, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:918-27. 2010..effusion) or stage IV NSCLC of any histology or EGFR expression status were randomly assigned to taxane/carboplatin (T/C) with or without cetuximab...
- Notch3 overexpression is related to the recurrence of ovarian cancer and confers resistance to carboplatinJoon Tae Park
Departments of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1087-94. 2010..Ectopic expression of the Notch3 intracellular domain led to an increase in IC(50) for carboplatin in an ovarian surface epithelial cell line and in a low-grade serous carcinoma cell line that expressed ..
- A randomized clinical trial of cisplatin/paclitaxel versus carboplatin/paclitaxel as first-line treatment of ovarian cancerAndreas du Bois
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Horst Schmidt Kliniken, Wiesbaden, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1320-9. 2003..Therefore, we performed a randomized, phase III non-inferiority trial comparing paclitaxel plus cisplatin (PT) with paclitaxel plus carboplatin (TC) in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.
- Phase III study of carboplatin and paclitaxel alone or with sorafenib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano, Torino, Italy 10043
J Clin Oncol 28:1835-42. 2010..trial assessed the efficacy and safety of sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel in chemotherapy-naïve patients with unresectable stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer (..
- Gemcitabine plus carboplatin compared with carboplatin in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer: an intergroup trial of the AGO-OVAR, the NCIC CTG, and the EORTC GCGJacobus Pfisterer
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Campus Kiel, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Michaelisstr 16, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:4699-707. 2006..Thus, an alternative regimen without significant neurotoxicity was evaluated by comparing gemcitabine plus carboplatin with single-agent carboplatin in platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer patients.
- Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the GynecolM Markman
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Department of Hematology/Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1001-7. 2001..ovarian cancer after treatment with intravenous (IV) cisplatin and paclitaxel or an experimental regimen of IV carboplatin followed by IV paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin...
- Mechanisms of resistance to cisplatin and carboplatinDavid J Stewart
Section of Experimental Therapeutics, Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 63:12-31. 2007While cisplatin and carboplatin are active versus most common cancers, epithelial malignancies are incurable when metastatic. Even if an initial response occurs, acquired resistance due to mutations and epigenetic events limits efficacy...
- Phase II study of carboplatin and erlotinib (Tarceva, OSI-774) in patients with recurrent glioblastomaJ F de Groot
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 90:89-97. 2008..This phase II study assessed the clinical activity of erlotinib plus carboplatin and to determine molecular predictors of response. The primary endpoint was progression free survival (PFS)...
- Weekly paclitaxel plus carboplatin is an effective nonanthracycline-containing regimen as neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerX S Chen
Department of Breast Surgery, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Ann Oncol 21:961-7. 2010To evaluate the activity and safety of nonanthracycline-containing weekly PCb [paclitaxel (Taxol) plus carboplatin] regimen in neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer.
- A phase I/II radiation dose escalation study with concurrent chemotherapy for patients with inoperable stages I to III non-small-cell lung cancer: phase I results of RTOG 0117Jeffrey D Bradley
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:367-72. 2010....
- Pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin and Carboplatin compared with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for patients with platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer in late relapseEric Pujade-Lauraine
University Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:3323-9. 2010..was designed to test the efficacy and safety of the combination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) with carboplatin (CD) compared with standard carboplatin and paclitaxel (CP) in patients with platinum-sensitive relapsed/..
- A phase II trial of nab-paclitaxel (ABI-007) and carboplatin in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma : a North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study, N057E(1)Lisa A Kottschade
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 117:1704-10. 2011There is increasing evidence that paclitaxel and carboplatin are clinically active in the treatment of metastatic melanoma (MM)...
- Feasibility and effectiveness of inhaled carboplatin in NSCLC patientsPaul Zarogoulidis
Pulmonary Department, Aristotle University, G Papanikolaou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Invest New Drugs 30:1628-40. 2012..Inhaled chemotherapy is under investigation as an alternative therapeutic modality for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer...
- Carboplatin plus paclitaxel versus carboplatin plus pegylated liposomal doxorubicin as first-line treatment for patients with ovarian cancer: the MITO-2 randomized phase III trialSandro Pignata
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:3628-35. 2011b>Carboplatin/paclitaxel is the standard first-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced ovarian cancer...
- BEAM: a randomized phase II study evaluating the activity of bevacizumab in combination with carboplatin plus paclitaxel in patients with previously untreated advanced melanomaKevin B Kim
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:34-41. 2012..We conducted a placebo-controlled, double-blind phase II study of carboplatin plus paclitaxel with or without bevacizumab in patients with previously untreated metastatic melanoma.
- Randomized phase II study of first-line carboplatin-paclitaxel with or without bevacizumab in Japanese patients with advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancerSeiji Niho
National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
Lung Cancer 76:362-7. 2012..This multicenter, randomized, open-label, phase II study (JO19907) compared the efficacy and safety of first-line carboplatin-paclitaxel (CP) alone with bevacizumab-CP in Japanese patients with advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung ..
- Randomized international phase III trial of ERCC1 and RRM1 expression-based chemotherapy versus gemcitabine/carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:2404-12. 2013..We assessed whether chemotherapy selection based on in situ ERCC1 and RRM1 protein levels would improve survival in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase I dose-finding study of paclitaxel with panitumumab, carboplatin and intensity-modulated radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced squamous cell cancer of the head and neckL J Wirth
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 20114, USA
Ann Oncol 21:342-7. 2010..Panitumumab has the potential to improve the therapeutic ratio of concurrent chemoradiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) reinduction chemotherapy in a large cohort of children and adolescents with recurrent/refractory sarcoma: the Children's Cancer Group (CCG) experiencePatrick Van Winkle
Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:338-47. 2005..We determined the overall response rate (ORR) and overall survival (OS) of children with recurrent/refractory sarcomas who were given ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) in three Children's Cancer Group (CCG) phase I/II trials.
- TRIBUTE: a phase III trial of erlotinib hydrochloride (OSI-774) combined with carboplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5892-9. 2005..Erlotinib was combined with chemotherapy to determine if it could improve the outcome of patients with NSCLC...
- FDA drug approval summary: bevacizumab (Avastin) plus Carboplatin and Paclitaxel as first-line treatment of advanced/metastatic recurrent nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancerMartin H Cohen
Division of Biological Oncology Products, Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Oncologist 12:713-8. 2007..South San Francisco, CA), administered in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel, for the initial treatment of patients with unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent, or ..
- Dihydroartemisinin induces apoptosis and sensitizes human ovarian cancer cells to carboplatin therapyTao Chen
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
J Cell Mol Med 13:1358-70. 2009..DHA inhibited ovarian cancer cell growth when administered alone or in combination with carboplatin, presumably through the death receptor- and, mitochondrion-mediated caspase-dependent apoptotic pathway...
- Platinum-based chemotherapy plus cetuximab in head and neck cancerJan B Vermorken
Antwerp University Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology, Edegem, Belgium
N Engl J Med 359:1116-27. 2008..We investigated the efficacy of cetuximab plus platinum-based chemotherapy as first-line treatment in patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- RRM1 modulated in vitro and in vivo efficacy of gemcitabine and platinum in non-small-cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, MRC 4W, Room 4046, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4731-7. 2006..However, the principal hypothesis that intratumoral levels of gene expression are associated with disease response has not been addressed...
- Adjuvant paclitaxel plus carboplatin compared with observation in stage IB non-small-cell lung cancer: CALGB 9633 with the Cancer and Leukemia Group B, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, and North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study GroupsGary M Strauss
Tufts Medical Center, Division of Medical Oncology, Tufts NEMC, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5043-51. 2008..This report provides a mature analysis of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 9633, the only RCT designed specifically for stage IB NSCLC...
- Enhancement of carboplatin-mediated lung cancer cell killing by simultaneous disruption of glutathione and thioredoxin metabolismMelissa A Fath
Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiation Oncology, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:6206-17. 2011..The current study determined whether inhibitors of glucose and hydroperoxide metabolism could induce chemoradiosensitization by enhancing oxidative stress in lung cancer cells...
- Phase II study of carboplatin, irinotecan, and bevacizumab for bevacizumab naïve, recurrent glioblastomaDavid A Reardon
Department of Surgery, The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3624, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Neurooncol 107:155-64. 2012We evaluated the efficacy of carboplatin, irinotecan, and bevacizumab among bevacizumab-naïve, recurrent glioblastoma (GBM) patients in a phase 2, open-label, single arm trial...
- Carboplatin- or cisplatin-based chemotherapy in first-line treatment of small-cell lung cancer: the COCIS meta-analysis of individual patient dataAntonio Rossi
S G Moscati Hospital, Avellino, Città Ospedaliera, Contrada Amoretta, Avellino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 30:1692-8. 2012Since treatment efficacy of cisplatin- or carboplatin-based chemotherapy in the first-line treatment of small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) remains contentious, a meta-analysis of individual patient data was performed to compare the two ..
- A pharmacodynamic model for the time course of tumor shrinkage by gemcitabine + carboplatin in non-small cell lung cancer patientsLai San Tham
Department of Hematology Oncology, National University Hospital, Singapore
Clin Cancer Res 14:4213-8. 2008....
- Randomized phase II trial of paclitaxel plus carboplatin therapy versus irinotecan plus cisplatin therapy as first-line chemotherapy for clear cell adenocarcinoma of the ovary: a JGOG studySatoshi Takakura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:240-7. 2010Paclitaxel plus carboplatin (TC) is generally considered to be the "gold standard" regimen for treatment of epithelial ovarian carcinomas...
- A randomized Phase II/III trial of 3 weekly intraperitoneal versus intravenous carboplatin in combination with intravenous weekly dose-dense paclitaxel for newly diagnosed ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancerKeiichi Fujiwara
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka City, Saitama 350 1298, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:278-82. 2011..and a Phase II trial demonstrated the promising efficacy and safety of intraperitoneal administration of carboplatin in ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer...
- A study of paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bortezomib in the treatment of metastatic malignant melanoma: a phase 2 consortium studyGary A Croghan
Department of Medical Oncology, Melanoma Study Group, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 116:3463-8. 2010..A phase 1 trial of this 3-drug combination reported that 6 of 28 patients treated with bortezomib followed by paclitaxel and carboplatin achieved a partial response (including 2 of 5 patients with metastatic melanoma).
- Ischemic necrosis and atrophy of the optic nerve after periocular carboplatin injection for intraocular retinoblastomaIngo Schmack
Emory Eye Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 142:310-5. 2006To report four cases of optic nerve neuropathy in three children treated with periocular carboplatin injections for unilateral or bilateral intraocular retinoblastoma.
- Treatment rationale and study design for the pointbreak study: a randomized, open-label phase III study of pemetrexed/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance pemetrexed/bevacizumab versus paclitaxel/carboplatin/bevacizumab followed by maintenance Jyoti D Patel
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 10:252-6. 2009We present the treatment rationale and study design of the PointBreak study, a phase III study of pemetrexed/ carboplatin/bevacizumab induction followed by pemetrexed/bevacizumab maintenance (arm A) compared with paclitaxel/carboplatin/..
- Clinical course of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients experiencing hypertension during treatment with bevacizumab in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel on ECOG 4599Suzanne E Dahlberg
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, CLSB 11007, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:949-54. 2010..antibody that targets vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) with demonstrated efficacy in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel (PCB) for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase III trial of methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin versus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced carcinoma of the urotheliumRobert Dreicer
Department of Hematology Oncology and Urologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 100:1639-45. 2004The regimens of carboplatin plus paclitaxel (CP) and methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (M-VAC) were compared in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma.
- Retrospective review: re-treatment of patients with ovarian cancer with carboplatin after platinum resistanceH T See
Department of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:209-16. 2005..of re-treating patients with ovarian cancer, primary peritoneal cancer, and fallopian tube cancer with carboplatin after being deemed platinum resistant...
- Gemcitabine plus cisplatin versus gemcitabine plus carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium: results of a randomized phase 2 trialLuigi Dogliotti
Unit of Medical Oncology, University of Torino, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
Eur Urol 52:134-41. 2007..randomized study compared the toxicity and assessed the efficacy of gemcitabine-cisplatin (GP) and gemcitabine-carboplatin (GC) in patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium (TCC), with the main objective to ..
- First-line systemic chemotherapy in the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic reviewJohn Goffin
Juravinski Cancer Centre at Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 5:260-74. 2010..This article reviews the growing evidence for first-line treatment in NSCLC...
- Japanese-US common-arm analysis of paclitaxel plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a model for assessing population-related pharmacogenomicsDavid R Gandara
University of California Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X St, Suite 3017, Sacramento, CA 95817 2229, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3540-6. 2009..LC00-03, and S0003) in advanced-stage, non-small-cell lung cancer, each with a common arm of paclitaxel plus carboplatin. Genomic DNA was collected from patients in LC00-03 and S0003 who received paclitaxel (225 mg/m(2)) and ..
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..tyrosine kinase inhibitor, may enhance antitumor efficacy of cytotoxics, and combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin had acceptable tolerability in a phase I trial...
- Randomized phase II study of vandetanib alone or with paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line treatment for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJohn V Heymach
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5407-15. 2008..The antitumor activity of vandetanib monotherapy or vandetanib with paclitaxel and carboplatin (VPC) was compared with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PC) in previously untreated patients with non-small-cell ..
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for the management of retinoblastoma: four-year experienceY Pierre Gobin
Interventional Neuroradiology, Departments of Radiology and Neurosurgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10065, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:732-7. 2011..Retinoblastoma often presents with advanced intraocular disease and, despite conventional treatment with intravenous chemotherapy and external beam radiation therapy, may still require enucleation...
- Randomized phase III placebo-controlled trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel with or without the vascular disrupting agent vadimezan (ASA404) in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerPrimo N Lara
University of California, Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X St, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2965-71. 2011....
- Randomized phase II trial of erlotinib alone or with carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients who were never or light former smokers with advanced lung adenocarcinoma: CALGB 30406 trialPasi A Janne
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2063-9. 2012..We investigated the efficacy of erlotinib alone or in combination with chemotherapy in patients with these characteristics...
- TBCRC 001: randomized phase II study of cetuximab in combination with carboplatin in stage IV triple-negative breast cancerLisa A Carey
Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, 170 Manning Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2615-23. 2012..Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is a targetable receptor frequently overexpressed in basal-like breast cancer, which comprises most triple-negative breast cancers (TNBCs), the only subtype without established targeted therapy...
- High-risk Merkel cell carcinoma of the skin treated with synchronous carboplatin/etoposide and radiation: a Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group Study--TROG 96:07Michael Poulsen
Mater Queensland Radium Institute, Raymond Tee, South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia
J Clin Oncol 21:4371-6. 2003The effectiveness of synchronous carboplatin, etoposide, and radiation therapy was prospectively assessed in a group of patients with high-risk Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) of the skin.
- A phase Ib trial of docetaxel, carboplatin and erlotinib in ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancersP A Vasey
CR UK Clinical Trials Unit, Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, Scotland G11 6NT, UK
Br J Cancer 98:1774-80. 2008The safety and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of erlotinib with docetaxel/carboplatin were assessed in patients with ovarian cancer...
- Phase III study by the Norwegian lung cancer study group: pemetrexed plus carboplatin compared with gemcitabine plus carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerBjørn H Grønberg
3 etg, Gastro Sør, St Olavs Hospital, NO 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Clin Oncol 27:3217-24. 2009PURPOSE To compare pemetrexed/carboplatin with a standard regimen as first-line therapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer NSCLC...
- Cetuximab and first-line taxane/carboplatin chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results of the randomized multicenter phase III trial BMS099Thomas J Lynch
Yale School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, PO Box 208028, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:911-7. 2010PURPOSE To evaluate the efficacy of cetuximab plus taxane/carboplatin (TC) as first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase 1b study of dulanermin (recombinant human Apo2L/TRAIL) in combination with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancerJean Charles Soria
Service des Innovations, Thérapeutiques Précoces, Departement de Medecine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 28:1527-33. 2010..and maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) up to a prespecified target dose of dulanermin in combination with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab (PCB) in patients with previously untreated, nonsquamous, stage IIIb (with pleural effusion)/..
- Phase III trial of carboplatin plus paclitaxel with or without gemcitabine in first-line treatment of epithelial ovarian cancerAndreas du Bois
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik, Ludwig Erhard Str 100, D 65199 Wiesbaden, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:4162-9. 2010..Gemcitabine was among the candidates for a third drug...
- Phase 2 trial of carboplatin, weekly paclitaxel, and biweekly bevacizumab in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma: a North Central Cancer Treatment Group study, N047ADomingo G Perez
Metro Minnesota Community Clinical Oncology Program, St Louis Park, Minnesota, USA
Cancer 115:119-27. 2009..Therefore, in patients with metastatic melanoma, the combination of chemotherapy with an agent that specifically targets VEGF might be able to control tumor growth and progression more effectively than chemotherapy alone...
- Retrospective evaluation of the clinical and radiographic risk factors associated with severe pulmonary hemorrhage in first-line advanced, unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer treated with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel plus bevacizumabAlan B Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1405-12. 2009..observed in two prospective, randomized, phase II (N = 99) and phase III (N = 878) trials of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel...
- Reduced endocytosis and altered lysosome function in cisplatin-resistant cell linesS S Chauhan
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20842 4254, USA
Br J Cancer 88:1327-34. 2003..proton pump, mimicked the phenotype seen in KB-CP-r cells with reduced uptake of HRPO, (125)I-EGF, (14)C-carboplatin, and release of TCA precipitable (125)I-EGF. KB-CP-r cells also had less acidic lysosomes...
- Increased expression of the copper efflux transporter ATP7A mediates resistance to cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin in ovarian cancer cellsGoli Samimi
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, 92093 0058, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4661-9. 2004The goal of this study was to determine the effect of small changes in ATP7A expression on the pharmacodynamics of cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin in human ovarian carcinoma cells.
- High histologic and overall response to dose intensification of ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine in patients with high-risk Ewing sarcoma family tumors: the Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital experieGiuseppe Maria Milano
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Cancer 106:1838-45. 2006..The authors report on their results from a regimen of ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine (CAV) dose intensification in patients ..
- Contribution of the major copper influx transporter CTR1 to the cellular accumulation of cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatinAlison K Holzer
Department of Medicine and the Rebecca and John Moores UCSD Cancer Center, 3855 Health Sciences Drive, Room 3344, La Jolla, CA 92093 0819, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:1390-4. 2006..ability of the major copper influx transporter CTR1 to mediate the cellular accumulation of cisplatin (DDP), carboplatin (CBDCA), and oxaliplatin (L-OHP)...
- Long-term follow-up of a phase I/II trial of dose escalating three-dimensional conformal thoracic radiation therapy with induction and concurrent carboplatin and paclitaxel in unresectable stage IIIA/B non-small cell lung cancerThomas E Stinchcombe
Division of Hematology Oncology, Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1279-85. 2008..the incorporation of three-dimensional conformal thoracic radiation therapy (TCRT) into the treatment paradigm of induction and concurrent carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with unresectable stage IIIA/B non-small cell lung cancer.
- A randomized, phase III multicenter trial of gemcitabine in combination with carboplatin or paclitaxel versus paclitaxel plus carboplatin in patients with advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerJ A Treat
US Medical Division, Lilly USA, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Ann Oncol 21:540-7. 2010Paclitaxel-carboplatin is used as the standard regimen for patients with advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A Phase Ib trial of CA4P (combretastatin A-4 phosphate), carboplatin, and paclitaxel in patients with advanced cancerG J Rustin
Department of Medical Oncology, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Br J Cancer 102:1355-60. 2010..The vascular disrupting agent combretastatin A4 phosphate (CA4P) causes major regression of animal tumours when given as combination therapy...
- Population differences in platinum toxicity as a means to identify novel genetic susceptibility variantsPeter H O'Donnell
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:327-37. 2010..We hypothesized that studying ASN as an 'enriched phenotype' population could enable the discovery of novel genetic determinants of platinum susceptibility...
- Phase III trial comparing oral S-1 plus carboplatin with paclitaxel plus carboplatin in chemotherapy-naïve patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results of a west Japan oncology group studyIsamu Okamoto
Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, Osaka City General Hospital, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
J Clin Oncol 28:5240-6. 2010..goal of this open-label, multicenter, randomized phase III trial was to determine whether treatment with carboplatin plus the oral fluoropyrimidine derivative S-1 was noninferior versus that with carboplatin plus paclitaxel with ..
- The molecular basis of synergism between carboplatin and ABT-737 therapy targeting ovarian carcinomasHarsh Vardhan Jain
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Cancer Res 71:705-15. 2011Resistance to standard chemotherapy (carboplatin + paclitaxel) is one of the leading causes of therapeutic failure in ovarian carcinomas...
- Ectopic overexpression of haem oxygenase-1 protects kidneys from carboplatin-mediated apoptosisYuh Mou Sue
Department of Nephrology, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 162:1716-30. 2011We previously reported that the activation of the nuclear factor of activated T-lymphocyte-3 (NFAT3) by carboplatin leads to renal apoptosis as a result of oxidative stress, which is reversed by N-acetylcysteine...
- A phase I, open-label dose-escalation study of continuous treatment with BIBF 1120 in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line treatment in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancerR C Doebele
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann Oncol 23:2094-102. 2012..This phase I, open-label dose-escalation study investigated BIBF 1120 combined with paclitaxel (Taxol) and carboplatin in first-line patients with advanced (IIIB/IV) non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Carboplatin-associated ototoxicity in children with retinoblastomaIbrahim Qaddoumi
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 3678, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1034-41. 2012b>Carboplatin-induced ototoxicity remains poorly defined but is of potential great consequence in children with retinoblastoma...
- In vitro analysis of ovarian cancer response to cisplatin, carboplatin, and paclitaxel identifies common pathways that are also associated with overall patient survivalE Bicaku
Department of Women s Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Br J Cancer 106:1967-75. 2012b>Carboplatin and cisplatin, alone or in combination with paclitaxel, have similar efficacies against ovarian cancer (OVCA) yet exhibit different toxicity profiles...
- A modified Phase I trial of radiation dose escalation in 3D conformal radiation therapy with concurrent vinorelbine and carboplatin chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancerQiang Lin
Department of Oncology, Hebei Medical University North China Petroleum Bureau General Hospital, 8 Huizhan Avenue, Renqiu 062552, Hebei, China
J Radiat Res 54:126-34. 2013..Three dose levels were examined: 62, 66 and 70 Gy. Two cycles of concurrent chemotherapy (vinorelbine and carboplatin) were started on the first day of radiation therapy...
- Notch3 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition and attenuates carboplatin-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cellsNidhi Gupta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 130:200-6. 2013..Here, we investigated the role of Notch3 in carboplatin-induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells.
- Developmental chemotherapy and management of recurrent ovarian cancerMichael A Bookman
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:149s-167s. 2003..international collaboration, GOG has launched a five-arm trial that will compare four new combinations against carboplatin and paclitaxel...
- A randomized phase III study of the docetaxel/carboplatin combination versus docetaxel single-agent as second line treatment for patients with advanced/metastatic non-small cell lung cancerAthanasios G Pallis
Hellenic Oncology Research Group, 55 Lombardou str, 114 74 Athens, Greece
BMC Cancer 10:633. 2010To compare the activity and toxicity of docetaxel/carboplatin (DC) doublet vs single agent docetaxel (D) as second-line treatment in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Treatment outcomes by tumor histology in Eastern Cooperative Group Study E4599 of bevacizumab with paclitaxel/carboplatin for advanced non-small cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1416-23. 2010The combination of paclitaxel/carboplatin (PC) and bevacizumab (B) was previously shown to extend overall survival (OS) in patients with advanced nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A phase III randomized trial of gemcitabine-oxaliplatin versus carboplatin-paclitaxel as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerCharles H Weissman
US Oncology Research, Inc, Houston, Texas, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:358-64. 2011This phase III study compared the efficacy and tolerability of gemcitabine and oxaliplatin (GEMOX) with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PCb) in chemotherapy-naive patients with stage IIIB/IV non-small cell lung cancer.
- Randomized phase II study of pemetrexed, carboplatin, and thoracic radiation with or without cetuximab in patients with locally advanced unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B trial 30407Ramaswamy Govindan
Washington University School of Medicine, 4960 Children s Place, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3120-5. 2011..Cancer and Leukemia Group B conducted a randomized phase II trial to investigate two novel chemotherapy regimens in combination with concurrent thoracic radiation therapy (TRT)...
- Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy and surgical staging in early-stage ovarian carcinoma: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Adjuvant ChemoTherapy in Ovarian Neoplasm trialJ Baptist Trimbos
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:113-25. 2003..We performed a prospective unblinded, randomized phase III trial to test the efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with early-stage ovarian cancer, with emphasis on the extent of surgical staging...
- Phase I study of G3139, a bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide, combined with carboplatin and etoposide in patients with small-cell lung cancerCharles M Rudin
University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1110-7. 2004..A dose-finding study was performed evaluating the combination of G3139, carboplatin, and etoposide in patients with previously untreated extensive stage SCLC.
- Circulating endothelial cells in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with carboplatin and paclitaxelMakoto Kawaishi
Shien Lab, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 4:208-13. 2009..Circulating endothelial cells (CECs) increase in cancer patients and play an important role in tumor neovascularization...
- Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thalidomide in combination with gemcitabine and Carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerSiow Ming Lee
University College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5248-54. 2009..We hypothesized that thalidomide, an oral antiangiogenic agent, when combined with chemotherapy, and as maintenance treatment, would improve survival in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase II trial of combretastatin A4 phosphate, carboplatin, and paclitaxel in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancerM Zweifel
Department of Medical Oncology, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, UK
Ann Oncol 22:2036-41. 2011A previous dose-escalation trial of the vascular disrupting agent combretastatin A4 phosphate (CA4P) given before carboplatin, paclitaxel, or both showed responses in 7 of 18 patients with relapsed ovarian cancer.
- Weekly regimen of paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy in elderly patients with stage IIIB-IV non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): results of a phase II studyA Rozzi
Clinical Oncology Unit, Istituto Neurotraumatologico Italiano, Grottaferrata Rome, Italy
J Chemother 22:419-23. 2010..is uncertain although several studies report satisfactory efficacy and safety using weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin (AUC=6) as first-line chemotherapy in elderly patients...
- A phase II, multicenter, open-label randomized study of motesanib or bevacizumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin for advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancerG R Blumenschein
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Oncol 22:2057-67. 2011This phase II study estimated the difference in objective response rate (ORR) among patients with advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) receiving paclitaxel-carboplatin (CP) plus motesanib or bevacizumab.
- Polo-like kinase Plk2 is an epigenetic determinant of chemosensitivity and clinical outcomes in ovarian cancerNelofer Syed
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Neuroscience Centre, UK
Cancer Res 71:3317-27. 2011..we compared gene and confirmed expression patterns of novel EOC cell lines selected for paclitaxel and carboplatin resistance. Here, we report that resistance can be conferred by downregulation of the Polo-like kinase Plk2...
- Targeting Inflammation for the Amelioration of Cisplatin-Hearing LossVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2011..having a broad spectrum of activity against a number of different cancers compared to more limited activity for carboplatin and oxaliplatin...
- Stephen J Lippard; Fiscal Year: 2016..Cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin are leading anticancer agents and, for certain cancers, a paradigm for successful treatment...
- Medhi Wangpaichitr; Fiscal Year: 2016..For these patients, cisplatin or its less nephrotoxic analog carboplatin is the main chemotherapeutic drug used for both NSCLC and SCLC...
- Development of Novel Agents Targeting Genome Stability and Maintenance for TreatiJohn J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cisplatin and carboplatin both impart their chemotherapeutic effect by the formation of Pt-DNA adducts which block DNA replication and ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Drug resistance presents a major obstacle in NSCLC treatment. Platinum agents, specifically cisplatin and carboplatin, are the cornerstones of NSCLC therapy. Radiation induced toxicity is similarly unpredictable and dose limiting...
- Stephen B Howell; Fiscal Year: 2014..copper (Cu) exporter ATP7B is over-expressed in many tumors with acquired resistance to Cu, cisplatin (DDP) and carboplatin. The ability of ATP7B to mediate resistance to the platinum (Pt)-containing drugs has now been demonstrated in ..
- Sorbents for Toxic-Metal Removal in Pharmaceutical Development and ManufactureGIRISH SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms of this toxicity are similar to the side-effects induced by the anti-cancer agents, cis- platin, carboplatin and their cis-palladium analogues which bind strongly to both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA, block ..
- Thiamine Deficiency and Acquired Auditory NeuropathyM Charles Liberman; Fiscal Year: 2013..AN in human populations, and, in animal models, AN can also be produced by the ototoxic anti-cancer drug, carboplatin. Two recent observations from our laboratory suggest that thiamine deficiency may be a key to the genesis of ..
- Targeting the ERCC1/XPF nuclease for cancer therapyJohn J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Both cisplatin and carboplatin impart their chemotherapeutic effect by the formation of intrastrand Pt-DNA adducts...
- John J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2016..line treatment of ovarian cancer includes combination therapy with a platinum drug (Pt), either cisplatin or carboplatin (1)...
- Antibody directed delivery of short interfering RNA for the treatment of ovarianMaria Corinna Palanca-Wessels; Fiscal Year: 2013..siRNA delivery in vivo;2) evaluate siRNA directed against Bcl-2 family members for cytotoxic potentiation of carboplatin 3) test the combined efficacy of proapoptotic siRNA and carboplatin to augment survival in a mouse xenograft ..
- Thomas E Yankeelov; Fiscal Year: 2016..we will employ DCE-MRI, DW-MRI, and FLT-PET to assess the degree of tumor response after one and two cycles of Carboplatin and nab-Paclitaxel with or without Vorinostat in HER2-negative primary operable breast cancer. 3...
- Effect of selective inner hair cell loss on functional hearing Edward Lobarinas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, in the chinchilla, carboplatin, an anticancer drug, selective damages IHC and type-I auditory nerve fibers...
- New Thermal Sensitive Carboplatin Liposome for CancerRobert A Reed; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The overall objective of this SBIR Phase 1 grant is to finalize the formulation design for a carboplatin-loaded Low Temperature Sensitive Liposome (LTSL-carboplatin) and demonstrate the effectiveness of the optimized ..
- Gutian Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2016..required for the epigenetic drug 5-aza-dC to induce growth inhibition and response to the chemotherapeutic drug carboplatin in multidrug resistant lung cancer cells...
- Tamara Minko; Fiscal Year: 2014..Paclitaxel and cisplatin/carboplatin will be evaluated as anticancer drugs - cell death inducers...
- RRM1 in the Management of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2013..vivo through showing an inverse correlation between RRM1 expression and patients'response to gemcitabine/carboplatin chemotherapy...
- Somatic genetic predictors of response to therapy in metastatic melanomaKatherine L Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2011..phase III trial (E2603) is being conducted through ECOG to compare the efficacy of sorafenib, carboplatin and paclitaxel (experimental arm) to carboplatin and paclitaxel (control arm) among patients with unresectable ..
- Stephen B Howell; Fiscal Year: 2014..We and others have shown that the major Cu influx transporter CTR1 mediates the import of cisplatin (DDP), carboplatin and oxaliplatin into mammalian tumor cells...
- Development of a novel small molecule, UTL-5g, to treat oxaliplatin-induced thromJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..drug, it has become the most prescribed amongst all platinum drugs overtaking its predecessors, cisplatin and carboplatin. To date, oxaliplatin has become an integral part of various chemotherapy protocols, especially in advanced ..
- Validating Molecular Signature Risk Models of NSCLCDavid H Harpole; Fiscal Year: 2010..advantage for stage IB to IMA patients treated with adjuvant chemotherapy [cisplatin/vinorelbine (NCI-C JBR-10);carboplatin/paclitaxel (CALGB 9633)]...
- Adaptation of an Organotypic 3 Dimensional Culture for High-Throughput ScreeningErnst Lengyel; Fiscal Year: 2011..Positive hits will be defined as having equal or greater efficiency than carboplatin, currently the most efficient OvCa drug...
- EGFR-Targeted Nanoemulsions for Imaging and Therapy of Ovarian CancerTIMOTHY PATRICK COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..patients with advanced ovarian cancer will achieve clinically complete remission with front line treatments of carboplatin and paclitaxel, unfortunately a majority these patients are destined to relapse and eventually die of disease ..
- Smart Packaging: A Novel Technique for Localized Drug Delivery for Ovarian CancerEva Christabel Williams; Fiscal Year: 2012..and the release rate of two niosomal systems: i) where a hydrophobic drug (Paclitaxel) and a hydrophilic drug (Carboplatin) are encapsulated in the same niosome and ii) where the drugs are encapsulated in separate niosomes and then ..
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Ovarian Cancer SPOREDANIEL WILLIAM CRAMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 4 will identify genetic pathways associated with paclitaxel and carboplatin drug resistance, building upon exciting cell line work that points towards acquired pathways and ..
- Macus T Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2014..high-affinity copper (Cu) transporter 1 (hCtr1) is a functional transporter of cisplatin and its analogues, carboplatin and oxaliplatin...
- Episcleral Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Eyes with RetinoblastomaRICARDO A CARVALHO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically funds requested will support Phase I and Phase II clinical trials of episcleral formulations of carboplatin and topotecan in eyes of children with advanced intraocular retinoblastoma (all IND enabling studies and ..
- Nuclear Pore Complex Architecture and Drug Resistance in Ovarian CarcinomasDONALD STAVE KOHTZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..While ovarian tumors initially respond well to cisplatin and carboplatin, 70 to 80% of advanced stage ovarian cancers will develop resistance to the drug...
- Therapeutic miRNAs in combination with conventional chemotherapyAndreas G Bader; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies will feature the chemotherapeutic agents cisplatin, carboplatin, gemcitabine and paclitaxel, as well as 5 mimics of the most efficacious tumor suppressors that Mirna has ..
- DETECTION & REVERSAL OF OVARIAN CANCER DRUG RESISTANCERobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1992..of GSH levels with buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) leads to potentiation of cytotoxicity of melphalan and carboplatin, (2) inhibition of GST with ethacrynic acid potentiates the cytotoxicity in vitro and in vivo of bifunctional ..
- Functional Polymer Matrixes for Site-Specific, Image Guided Drug DeliveryAgata A Exner; Fiscal Year: 2010..The optimized device will then be used to deliver carboplatin to experimental rat tumors and the efficacy and mechanism of action of the system will be assessed...
- GLUTATHIONE AND RESISTANCE TO CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYOwen Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., melphalan, cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil) and platinum antitumor compounds (e.g. cisplatin, carboplatin) are used to treat a wide range of human malignancies...
- Phase 0 carboplatin microdosing diagnostics trialPAUL THOMAS HENDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..based upon preclinical data, can potentially identify chemoresistance in cancer patients before they receive carboplatin or cisplatin therapy...
- Molecular neuroanatomy of the cochlear nucleus in deafnessMaria E Rubio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will use carboplatin-induced sensorineural deafness to test the hypothesis that the molecular composition of the glutamate synapse ..
- MicroRNAs Regulating The Fanconi Anemia-BRCA PathwayToshiyasu Taniguchi; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): DNA-crosslinking agents such as cisplatin, carboplatin, cyclophosphamide, mitomycin C and melphalan are widely-used drugs for treatment of cancers including leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma...
- OTHER FUNCTIONS PHASE 0 CARBOPLATIN MICRODOSING DIAGNOSTIC TRIAL.Paul Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..data, can potentially identify chemoresistance in lung and bladder cancer patients before they receive carboplatin therapy...
- Dihydrodiol dehydrogenase mediates cisplatin resistanceHenry Simpkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..the most effective forms of chemotherapy for advanced stage ovarian cancer although it is generally used as a carboplatin taxol combination. However some patients relapse due to the development of a resistant cell population...
- Population-Specific Genetic Determinants of Susceptibility to ChemotherapiesPETER HUGH O apos DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) governing toxicity susceptibility to two platinum chemotherapies, cisplatin and carboplatin. We will first identify SNPs which associate with in vitro cytotoxicity in LCLs from Asian individuals, since ..
- GLOBE CONSERVATION IN TRANSGENIC RETINOBLASTOMATimothy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2006..These individual therapies will be combined with focal/ subconjunctival Carboplatin chemotherapy...
- MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL DEATH AND NEUROPROTECTIONANTHONY JOHN WINDEBANK; Fiscal Year: 2010The use of platinum compounds is increasing in the treatment of cancer. Cisplatin, carboplatin and oxaliplatin produce a dose-related and dose-limiting sensory neuropathy...
- Chemoresistance in Renal Cell CancerJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2006..our findings, we initiated a phase I/Il trial using low dose suramin to enhance the efficacy of paclitaxel and carboplatin, in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients...
- MECHANISM BASED PHASE I TRIAL OF TOPOTECAN IN LEUKEMIABrenda Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2000..Concurrent administration of fludarabine and carboplatin has also been shown to enhance formation of platinum-DNA crosslinks...
- GENE EXPRESSION INDICES ASSOCIATED WITH CHEMORESISTANCEJames Willey; Fiscal Year: 2001..In preliminary studies the H1435 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line is 50-fold more resistant to carboplatin than H460...
- SQUALAMINE PLUS CARBOPLATIN AND PACLITAXEL IN NSC LUNG CJoan Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2000..of a novel angiogenesis inhibitor, squalamine, when combined with a commonly used chemotherapy regimen carboplatin and paclitaxel (carbo/taxol) for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- MECHANISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF PLATINUM BASED DRUGSZAHID SIDDIK; Fiscal Year: 2001..Although, platinum-based antitumor agents (i.e. cisplatin and carboplatin) play critical roles in the treatment of this disease, a major impediment concerns relapse in a majority of ..
- PBSC SUPPORT OF HIGH-DOSE THERAPY FOR OVARIAN CANCERRussell Schilder; Fiscal Year: 1993..However, the delivery of high-dose carboplatin regimens has been limited by severe myelosuppression, particularly thrombocytopenia...
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Utilizing specimens and patients on ECOG study E3598, "A Phase III trial of Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and Radiotherapy, With or Without Thalidomide, in Patients With Stage III NSCLC," these advances in ..
- PHASE I/II STUDIES OF EGEN-001 THERAPY FOR OVARIAN CANCERANWER KHURSHEED; Fiscal Year: 2009..After demonstration of the monotherapy safety and tolerability, EGEN-001 will be co-administered with carboplatin/paclitaxel to determine its safe dose in the combination therapy...
- POTENTIATION OF RADIATION THERAPY BY CARBOPLATIN (CBDCA)JULIA O HARA; Fiscal Year: 1992A new platinum complex diammine(1,1-cyclobutanedicarboxylato)platinum(II) [Carboplatin or CBDCA] promies to replace or complement Cisplatin (cis-DDP) as an important anti-tumor agent based on clinical trials that have demonstrated ..
- Suramin to Enchance Paclitaxel and Carboplatin in NSCLCJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2002..Phase I/II trials of suramin plus paclitaxel/carboplatin and the accompanying pharmacokinetic studies are proposed...
- ACQUIRED HEARING LOSSRichard Salvi; Fiscal Year: 2003..1 examines anatomical, physiological, and behavioral changes associated with selected IHC lesions produced by carboplatin, an anti-cancer drug...
- CIRCUMVENTION OF CISPLATIN RESISTANCEZAHID SIDDIK; Fiscal Year: 2002Although platinum-based antitumor agents (i.e., cisplatin and carboplatin) play critical roles in the treatment of several cancers, a major impediment relapse in a majority of patients, who fail subsequent challenge with the platinum ..
- FGF: A Mechanism of Acquired Multidrug ResistanceJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary results of a phase I trial also suggest that suramin enhanced the efficacy of paclitaxel and carboplatin non-small cell lung cancer patients...
- In Vivo EPR Imaging of Redox Status and Thiols in TumorPeriannan Kuppusamy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Platinum-based complexes (for example, cisplatin, carboplatin) in combination with natural products (e.g...
- Identification and Preclinical Evaluation of New Brain Tumor TherapiesDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..on the use of compounds that have been successfully employed to treat other low-grade brain tumors, including carboplatin and temozolamide...
- Ovarian Cancer PharmacogeneticsHoward McLeod; Fiscal Year: 2006..The recently completed SCOTROC1 Phase III clinical trial compared paclitaxel/carboplatin and docetaxel/carboplatin, with a 29% complete response rate observed in both arms...
- GENE EXPRESSION INDICES IN CHEMORESISTANT LUNG CANCERJames Willey; Fiscal Year: 2003..In preliminary studies, the H1435 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line is 50-fold more resistant to carboplatin than H460...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP B--PET COMMITTEEMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2002..Population pharmacology are ongoing of suramin, carboplatin, paclitaxel, 9-aminocamptothecin, 5-fluorouracil and etoposide...
- A Low-Dose Decitabine Strategy for Restoring Ovarian Cancer SensitivityDaniela Matei; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determine whether a biologically active dose of decitabine administered i.v. qd for 5 days before carboplatin is tolerated in patients with recurrent, platinum-resistant or -refractory EOC...
- REPAIR OF DNA ADDUCTS--RELATIONSHIP TO PLATINUM RESPONSEFranco Muggia; Fiscal Year: 1991Adapted from the applicant's abstract) Cisplatin and carboplatin are currently being used in the applicant's institution for the treatment of a variety of solid tumors...
- Incorporation of microRNA expression in pharmacogenetic prediction modelsRong Stephanie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we will focus on two classes of cytotoxic agents: platinating agents (cisplatin and carboplatin) and antimetabolites (capecitabine and Ara-C), of which significant inter-ethnic differences in cellular ..
- CYTOKINE ENHANCEMENT OF CHEMOTHERAPEUTICS EFFICACYCandace Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1999..Under support of this grant, they have demonstrated that IL-la significantly enhances cisplatin (cDDP) and carboplatin (CBDCA) anti- tumor activities with time-dependent differences...