Genomes and Genes
Summary: A complex of gadolinium with a chelating agent, diethylenetriamine penta-acetic acid (DTPA see PENTETIC ACID), that is given to enhance the image in cranial and spinal MRIs. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p706)
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- The use of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to identify reversible myocardial dysfunctionR J Kim
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1445-53. 2000..We hypothesized that the results of contrast-enhanced MRI can be used to predict whether regions of abnormal ventricular contraction will improve after revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Estimating kinetic parameters from dynamic contrast-enhanced T(1)-weighted MRI of a diffusable tracer: standardized quantities and symbolsP S Tofts
Department of Clinical Neurology, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
J Magn Reson Imaging 10:223-32. 1999..We relate these quantities to previously published work from our groups; our future publications will refer to these standardized terms, and we propose that these be adopted as international standards...
- Equilibrium contrast cardiovascular magnetic resonance for the measurement of diffuse myocardial fibrosis: preliminary validation in humansAndrew S Flett
Department of Medicine, University College London Hospitals National Health Service Trust, The Heart Hospital, 16 18 Westmoreland St, London W1G 8PH, United Kingdom
Circulation 122:138-44. 2010..We have developed a robust and noninvasive technique, equilibrium contrast CMR (EQ-CMR) to quantify diffuse fibrosis and have validated it against the current gold standard of surgical myocardial biopsy...
- Evaluation of diffuse myocardial fibrosis in heart failure with cardiac magnetic resonance contrast-enhanced T1 mappingLeah Iles
Alfred Hospital and Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1574-80. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate a noninvasive method for quantifying diffuse myocardial fibrosis with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMRI)...
- Shortened Modified Look-Locker Inversion recovery (ShMOLLI) for clinical myocardial T1-mapping at 1.5 and 3 T within a 9 heartbeat breathholdStefan K Piechnik
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:69. 2010..In this work we propose and validate a novel, clinically applicable, pulse sequence for myocardial T1-mapping that is compatible with typical limits for end-expiration breath-holding in patients...
- Optimization and validation of a fully-integrated pulse sequence for modified look-locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) T1 mapping of the heartDaniel R Messroghli
Cardiac MRI Unit, Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite Campus Buch, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1081-6. 2007..To optimize and validate a fully-integrated version of modified Look-Locker inversion-recovery (MOLLI) for clinical single-breathhold cardiac T1 mapping...
- Phase-sensitive inversion recovery for detecting myocardial infarction using gadolinium-delayed hyperenhancementPeter Kellman
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1061, USA
Magn Reson Med 47:372-83. 2002..Phase-sensitive detection also has the advantage of decreasing the sensitivity to changes in tissue T(1) with increasing delay from contrast agent injection...
- Quantification of diffuse myocardial fibrosis and its association with myocardial dysfunction in congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:727-34. 2010..the etiology of ventricular dysfunction in adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) is not well understood. Diffuse fibrosis is a likely common final pathway and is quantifiable using MRI...
- Detection and characterisation of focal liver lesions in colorectal carcinoma patients: comparison of diffusion-weighted and Gd-EOB-DTPA enhanced MR imagingD Lowenthal
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur Radiol 21:832-40. 2011..To compare diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) and Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for the detection and characterisation of focal liver lesions (FLLs) in patients with colorectal carcinoma...
- Detection and characterization of focal liver lesions: a Japanese phase III, multicenter comparison between gadoxetic acid disodium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and contrast-enhanced computed tomography predominantly in patients with hepatocellularTomoaki Ichikawa
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, School of Medicine, Yamanashi, Japan
Invest Radiol 45:133-41. 2010....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: hepatocyte-selective enhancement at gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging--correlation with expression of sinusoidal and canalicular transporters and bile accumulationTakahiro Tsuboyama
Department of Radiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Radiology 255:824-33. 2010..To investigate the mechanism of enhancement of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) on gadoxetic acid-enhanced hepatobiliary phase magnetic resonance (MR) images and to characterize HCC thus enhanced...
- The histologic basis of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJames C C Moon
Centre for Advanced Magnetic Resonance in Cardiology CAMRIC, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2260-4. 2004..We sought to identify the histologic basis of myocardial late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: suspected causative role of gadodiamide used for contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingPeter Marckmann
Department of Nephrology, Copenhagen University Hospital at Herlev, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2359-62. 2006..No other exposure/event than gadodiamide that was common to more than a minority of the patients could be identified. These findings indicate that gadodiamide plays a causative role in nephrogenic systemic fibrosis...
- Added value of gadoxetic acid-enhanced hepatobiliary phase MR imaging in the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinomaSung Soo Ahn
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Shinchon Dong 134, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Radiology 255:459-66. 2010..To determine the added value of hepatobiliary phase images in gadoxetic acid-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in the evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Measurement of the gadopentetate dimeglumine partition coefficient in human myocardium in vivo: normal distribution and elevation in acute and chronic infarctionS J Flacke
Cardiovascular Division, Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Radiology 218:703-10. 2001..CONCLUSION: Quantification of the lambda in vivo allows differentiation between normal and acutely or chronically infarcted myocardium, with high sensitivity and specificity...
- Quantitative pharmacokinetic analysis of DCE-MRI data without an arterial input function: a reference region modelThomas E Yankeelov
Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 2675, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 23:519-29. 2005..This allows for acquiring images with higher spatial resolution and/or SNR, and therefore, increased ability to probe tissue heterogeneity...
- Gadolinium--a specific trigger for the development of nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis?Thomas Grobner
Department of Nephrology, General Hopsital of Wiener Neustadt, A 2700 Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1104-8. 2006
- Diagnostic efficacy of gadoxetic acid (Primovist)-enhanced MRI and spiral CT for a therapeutic strategy: comparison with intraoperative and histopathologic findings in focal liver lesionsRenate Hammerstingl
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, ZRad, Haus 23 C, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:457-67. 2008..0%). A change in surgical therapy was documented in 19 of 131 patients (14.5%) post Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI. Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI was superior in the diagnosis and therapeutic management of focal liver lesions compared with CT...
- Comparison of gadolinium-EOB-DTPA-enhanced and diffusion-weighted liver MRI for detection of small hepatic metastasesKotaro Shimada
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
Eur Radiol 20:2690-8. 2010..To compare the accuracy of gadolinium ethoxybenzyl-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (Gd-EOB-DTPA)-enhanced MRI with that of diffusion-weighted MRI (DWI) in the detection of small hepatic metastases (2 cm or smaller)...
- Accurate and objective infarct sizing by contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in a canine myocardial infarction modelLuciano C Amado
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 2187, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:2383-9. 2004....
- Key factors in the acquisition of contrast kinetic data for oncologyJ L Evelhoch
Cancer Biology Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and Departments of Internal Medicine and Radiology, Wayne State University, Vaitkevicius MR Center, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 10:254-9. 1999..This review considers these factors and, when possible, makes specific recommendations for addressing them experimentally...
- Hepatobiliary contrast agents for contrast-enhanced MRI of the liver: properties, clinical development and applicationsPeter Reimer
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Freiburg, Moltkestrasse 90, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:559-78. 2004..No comparative studies have been conducted comparing the advantages or disadvantages of all three agents directly against each other...
- Efficacy and safety of MR imaging with liver-specific contrast agent: U.S. multicenter phase III studyDavid A Bluemke
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Radiology 237:89-98. 2005....
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in cardiac amyloidosisAlicia Maria Maceira
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 111:186-93. 2005..Cardiac amyloidosis can be diagnostically challenging. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) can assess abnormal myocardial interstitium...
- Enhancement of focal liver lesions at gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging: correlation with histopathologic findings and spiral CT--initial observationsAlexander Huppertz
Department of Clinical Radiology and Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Radiology 234:468-78. 2005....
- Delayed gadolinium-enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC) in early knee osteoarthritisCarl Johan Tiderius
Department of Orthopedics, Diagnostic Radiology and Radiation Physics, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Magn Reson Med 49:488-92. 2003..5 than at 3 hr in the diseased but not in the reference compartment. In conclusion, dGEMRIC can identify GAG loss in early stage cartilage disease with a higher sensitivity at 1.5 than 3 hr...
- Focal liver lesion detection and characterization with diffusion-weighted MR imaging: comparison with standard breath-hold T2-weighted imagingTejas Parikh
Department of Radiology, New York University Medical Center, 530 First Ave, MRI, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiology 246:812-22. 2008....
- Extent of left ventricular scar predicts outcomes in ischemic cardiomyopathy patients with significantly reduced systolic function: a delayed hyperenhancement cardiac magnetic resonance studyDeborah H Kwon
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:34-44. 2009....
- Cirrhotic rat liver: reference to transporter activity and morphologic changes in bile canaliculi--gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imagingNatsuko Tsuda
Department of Diagnostic Imaging Medical Affairs, Bayer Yakuhin, Kita ku, Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Radiology 256:767-73. 2010....
- Prediction of biomechanical properties of articular cartilage with quantitative magnetic resonance imagingMiika T Nieminen
Department of Anatomy, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
J Biomech 37:321-8. 2004..The results are encouraging with respect to functional imaging of cartilage, although in vivo applicability may be limited by the inferior resolution of clinical MRI instruments...
- "Pseudo washout" sign in high-flow hepatic hemangioma on gadoxetic acid contrast-enhanced MRI mimicking hypervascular tumorKyung Won Doo
Department of Radiology, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:W490-6. 2009..The purpose of this article is to describe the "pseudo washout" sign of high-flow hepatic hemangioma that mimics hypervascular tumor on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI...
- Detection of neovessels in atherosclerotic plaques of rabbits using dynamic contrast enhanced MRI and 18F-FDG PETClaudia Calcagno
FAHA, FACC, Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1234, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1311-7. 2008..Our aim was to test 2 techniques, black blood dynamic contrast enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI) and 18-fluorine-fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) PET, to quantify inflammation expressed as plaque neovessels content in a rabbit model of atherosclerosis...
- Paradoxical high signal intensity of hepatocellular carcinoma in the hepatobiliary phase of Gd-EOB-DTPA enhanced MRI: initial experienceSeun Ah Lee
Department of Radiology, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul 152 703, Korea
Magn Reson Imaging 29:83-90. 2011..To describe the paradoxical high signal intensity of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in the hepatobiliary phase on gadolinium-ethoxybenzyl-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (Gd-EOB-DTPA)-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Comparison of two different injection rates of gadoxetic acid for arterial phase MRI of the liverSang Hoon Chung
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:365-72. 2010..To compare two different injection rates for gadoxetic acid-enhanced hepatic arterial phase images on hepatic dynamic MRI...
- Small (≤ 2 cm) hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic liver disease: comparison of gadoxetic acid-enhanced 3.0 T MRI and multiphasic 64-multirow detector CTJ Hwang
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Br J Radiol 85:e314-22. 2012..0 T with that of multiphasic 64-multirow detector CT (MDCT) for the detection of small (≤2 cm) hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with chronic liver disease...
- Equilibrium water exchange between the intra- and extracellular spaces of mammalian brainJames D Quirk
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:493-9. 2003..The data are obtained in an imaging mode that permits detection of regional variations in these parameters...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: risk factors and incidence estimationElizabeth A Sadowski
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 3252, USA
Radiology 243:148-57. 2007..To retrospectively review data in 13 patients with biopsy-confirmed nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF), assess the associated risk factors, and report the incidence of NSF at the authors' institution...
- Liver parenchymal enhancement of hepatocyte-phase images in Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MR imaging: which biological markers of the liver function affect the enhancement?Utaroh Motosugi
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, Chuo shi, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:1042-6. 2009..To clarify the factors that predict enhancement of the liver parenchyma in hepatocyte-phase of gadolinium ethoxybenzyl diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (Gd-EOB-DTPA)-enhanced MR imaging...
- Gadoxetic acid disodium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for biliary and vascular evaluations in preoperative living liver donors: comparison with gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced MRIMyoung Seok Lee
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Magn Reson Imaging 33:149-59. 2011..To compare gadoxetic acid disodium (Gd-EOB-DTPA)-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with gadobenate dimeglumine (Gd-BOPTA)-enhanced MRI in preoperative living liver donors for the evaluation of vascular and biliary variations...
- Quantifying differences in hepatic uptake of the liver specific contrast agents Gd-EOB-DTPA and Gd-BOPTA: a pilot studyO Dahlqvist Leinhard
Center for Medical Image Science and Visualization CMIV, Linkoping University, SE 58185, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur Radiol 22:642-53. 2012..To develop and evaluate a procedure for quantifying the hepatocyte-specific uptake of Gd-BOPTA and Gd-EOB-DTPA using dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI...
- Consensus report of the 4th International Forum for Gadolinium-Ethoxybenzyl-Diethylenetriamine Pentaacetic Acid Magnetic Resonance ImagingJeong Min Lee
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehak Ro, Jongno gu, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 12:403-15. 2011..Gd-EOB-DTPA is also emerging as a promising tool for functional analysis, enabling the calculation of post-surgical liver function in the remaining segments. Updates to current algorithms were also discussed...
- Renal perfusion 3-T MR imaging: a comparative study of arterial spin labeling and dynamic contrast-enhanced techniquesWen Chau Wu
Graduate Institute of Oncology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Ren Ai Rd, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Radiology 261:845-53. 2011..To investigate the feasibility of and correlation between arterial spin-labeling (ASL) and dynamic contrast material-enhanced (DCE) 3-T magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in the measurement of renal blood flow (RBF)...
- Inflammation in carotid atherosclerotic plaque: a dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging studyWilliam S Kerwin
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiology, and Department of Surgery, University of Washington, 815 Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Radiology 241:459-68. 2006..To prospectively evaluate if there is an association between plaque enhancement at magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and proinflammatory cardiovascular risk factors and plaque content...
- New proposal for the staging of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: evaluation of liver fibrosis on Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRINatsuko Tsuda
Medical Affairs Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Affairs, Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd 2 4 9, Umeda, Kita ku, Osaka 530 0001, Japan
Eur J Radiol 73:137-42. 2010..We investigated whether the gadolinium-ethoxybenzyl-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (Gd-EOB-DTPA)-enhanced MRI was useful for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) staging based on the severity of liver fibrosis...
- Reproducibility of CT perfusion parameters in liver tumors and normal liverChaan S Ng
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1400 Pressler St, Unit 1473, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Radiology 260:762-70. 2011..To assess the reproducibility of computed tomographic (CT) perfusion measurements in liver tumors and normal liver and effects of motion and data acquisition time on parameters...
- Three-dimensional delayed gadolinium-enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC) at 1.5T and 3.0TCharles A McKenzie
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:928-33. 2006..5T and 3.0T...
- Quantification of renal perfusion: comparison of arterial spin labeling and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRIJeff D Winter
Research Institute, Diagnostic Imaging, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:608-15. 2011..Moreover, we provide the first application of the dual bolus approach to quantitative DCE-MRI perfusion measurements in the kidney...
- Optimal k-space sampling for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI with an application to MR renographyTing Song
Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:1242-8. 2009..4 sec temporal resolution. The proposed method can be generalized to other dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI applications, e.g., MR angiography or cancer imaging...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: imaging patterns on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR Images and their value as an imaging biomarkerJin Woo Choi
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehangno, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 267:776-86. 2013....
- Combining diffusion-weighted MRI with Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI improves the detection of colorectal liver metastasesD M Koh
Department of Radiology, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Br J Radiol 85:980-9. 2012....
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of abdominal solid organ and major vessel: comparison of enhancement effect between Gd-EOB-DTPA and Gd-DTPATsutomu Tamada
Department of Radiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:636-40. 2009....
- Detection of pancreatic carcinoma and liver metastases with gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging: comparison with contrast-enhanced multi-detector row CTUtaroh Motosugi
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo shi, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Radiology 260:446-53. 2011..To intraindividually compare gadoxetic acid-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with contrast material-enhanced multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) in detection of pancreatic carcinoma and liver metastases...
- Phase-sensitive inversion-recovery MR imaging in the detection of myocardial infarctionArmin M Huber
Institute for Clinical Radiology, Clinic of Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 237:854-60. 2005....
- Diagnosis of colorectal hepatic metastases: comparison of contrast-enhanced CT, contrast-enhanced US, superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced MRI, and gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRIAli Muhi
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, Yamanshi, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:326-35. 2011....
- Hemorrhage detection during focused-ultrasound induced blood-brain-barrier opening by using susceptibility-weighted magnetic resonance imagingHao Li Liu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Linkou, Taiwan
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:598-606. 2008..Potential applications such as drug delivery in the brain might be benefited...
- Effect of left ventricular scar size, location, and transmurality on left ventricular remodeling with healed myocardial infarctionStein Orn
University of Bergen, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Am J Cardiol 99:1109-14. 2007..In conclusion, in the studied cohort, there was a linear relation between scar size and ejection fraction and LV volumes. This relation was independent of scar location and transmurality...
- Distinguishing hypervascular pseudolesions of the liver from hypervascular hepatocellular carcinomas with gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imagingUtaroh Motosugi
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, Chuo shi, Yamanashi, Japan
Radiology 256:151-8. 2010....
- Intraindividual comparison of gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MR imaging and 64-section multidetector CT in the Detection of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosisMichele Di Martino
Departments of Radiological Sciences, General Surgery, Division of Organ Transplantation, Surgery P Valdoni, and Statistics, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Radiology 256:806-16. 2010..To prospectively compare gadoxetate disodium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with multiphasic 64-section multidetector computed tomography (CT) in the detection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with cirrhosis...
- Prediction of global left ventricular functional recovery in patients with heart failure undergoing surgical revascularisation, based on late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonanceTammy J Pegg
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:56. 2010..Finally, we examined which segmental transmural threshold of scarring best predicted global LV recovery...
- Contrast-enhanced MR cholangiography with Gd-EOB-DTPA in patients with liver cirrhosis: visualization of the biliary ducts in comparison with patients with normal liver parenchymaFrank T C Tschirch
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 18:1577-86. 2008..Consecutively, EOB-MRC in patients with liver cirrhosis resulted in a decreased or even non-visualization of the biliary tree in a substantial percentage of patients...
- Quantifying spatial heterogeneity in dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI parameter mapsChris J Rose
School of Medicine, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 62:488-99. 2009..An experiment using 23 DCE-MRI parameter maps of gliomas-a class of tumour that is graded on the basis of heterogeneity-shows that the proposed heterogeneity biomarkers are able to differentiate between low- and high-grade tumours...
- Focal disruption of the blood-brain barrier due to 260-kHz ultrasound bursts: a method for molecular imaging and targeted drug deliveryKullervo Hynynen
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Neurosurg 105:445-54. 2006....
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma and cirrhotic liver enhancement using Gd-EOB-DTPABernd B Frericks
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1053-60. 2009....
- Evaluation of the accuracy of gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the diagnosis of cardiac sarcoidosisJan Peter Smedema
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1683-90. 2005..This study analyzed the accuracy of gadolinium-enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) for the diagnosis of cardiac sarcoidosis (CS)...
- Assessment of diffuse myocardial fibrosis in rats using small-animal Look-Locker inversion recovery T1 mappingDaniel R Messroghli
Department of Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:636-40. 2011..We hypothesized that diffuse myocardial fibrosis in a small-animal model could be quantitatively assessed by measuring myocardial ECV using small-animal Look-Locker inversion recovery T1 mapping...
- Hepatobiliary-specific MR contrast agents: role in imaging the liver and biliary treeMelanie K Seale
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Massachusetts General Hospital, White 270, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiographics 29:1725-48. 2009..In the future, hepatobiliary-specific contrast agents may have wider applications, such as grading of cirrhosis and quantification of liver function...
- Diagnostic performance and description of morphological features of focal nodular hyperplasia in Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced liver magnetic resonance imaging: results of a multicenter trialChristoph J Zech
Institute of Clinical Radiology, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:504-11. 2008....
- Magnetic resonance imaging delineates the ischemic area at risk and myocardial salvage in patients with acute myocardial infarctionColin Berry
Department of Health and Human Services, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1061, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:527-35. 2010..The area at risk (AAR) is a key determinant of myocardial infarction (MI) size. We investigated whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) measurement of AAR would be correlated with an angiographic AAR risk score in patients with acute MI...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance monitors reversible and irreversible myocardial injury in myocarditisAnja Zagrosek
Franz Volhard Klinik, Kardiologie, Charite Campus Buch, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:131-8. 2009..We sought to assess the value of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) to monitor the spectrum of myocarditis-related injuries over the course of the disease...
- Experimentally-derived functional form for a population-averaged high-temporal-resolution arterial input function for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRIGeoff J M Parker
Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Magn Reson Med 56:993-1000. 2006....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: signal intensity at gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR Imaging--correlation with molecular transporters and histopathologic featuresAzusa Kitao
Department of Radiology, Human Pathology, and Gastroenterology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Radiology 256:817-26. 2010....
- MR imaging of adventitial vasa vasorum in carotid atherosclerosisW S Kerwin
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Magn Reson Med 59:507-14. 2008..141 +/- 0.036 vs. 0.111 +/- 0.017 min(-1); P = 0.02). Because these factors are all associated with higher risk of atherosclerotic complications, these results suggest that adventitial K(trans) may be a marker of risk as well...
- Gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for detection and quantification of fibrosis in human myocardium in vitroElizabeth Kehr
Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, UHN 62, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:61-8. 2008....
- Gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI versus triple-phase MDCT for the preoperative detection of hepatocellular carcinomaSeong Hyun Kim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:1675-81. 2009..We compared the diagnostic performance of gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI with that of triple-phase 16-, 40-, and 64-MDCT in the preoperative detection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Improved detection of focal liver lesions at MR imaging: multicenter comparison of gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR images with intraoperative findingsAlexander Huppertz
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Radiology 230:266-75. 2004....
- The salvaged area at risk in reperfused acute myocardial infarction as visualized by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceMatthias G Friedrich
Stephenson Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Centre at the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, Department of Cardiac Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1581-7. 2008..We aimed to characterize the tissue changes within the perfusion bed of infarct-related vessels in patients with acutely reperfused myocardial infarction (MI) using cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- Rapid assessment of myocardial infarct size in rodents using multi-slice inversion recovery late gadolinium enhancement CMR at 9.4TAnthony N Price
UCL Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging, Department of Medicine and UCL Institute of Child Health, University College London, Medical School, and The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospital, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:44. 2011..Applying such methods to small animals is challenging due to rapid respiratory and cardiac rates relative to T1 relaxation...
- Discrimination of benign and malignant breast lesions by using shutter-speed dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imagingWei Huang
W M Keck Foundation High Field MRI Laboratory Advanced Imaging Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Radiology 261:394-403. 2011..To assess the accuracy of the shutter-speed approach compared with standard approach dynamic contrast material-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging pharmacokinetic analysis for breast cancer diagnosis...
- Comparison of the iron oxide-based blood-pool contrast medium VSOP-C184 with gadopentetate dimeglumine for first-pass magnetic resonance angiography of the aorta and renal arteries in pigsJorg Schnorr
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 39:546-53. 2004..The present study was performed to determine whether VSOP-C184 is also suitable for first-pass MRA...
- Multifunctional gadolinium-based dendritic macromolecules as liver targeting imaging probesKui Luo
National Engineering Research Center for Biomaterials, Sichuan University, 29 Wangjiang Road, Chengdu 610064, China
Biomaterials 32:2575-85. 2011..The design strategy of multifunctional Gd-ligand peptide dendritic macromolecules in this study may be used for developing other sensitive MRI probes with targeting capability...
- Pixel-by-pixel analysis of DCE MRI curve patterns and an illustration of its application to the imaging of the musculoskeletal systemCristina Lavini
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Magn Reson Imaging 25:604-12. 2007....
- Dual-bolus approach to quantitative measurement of pulmonary perfusion by contrast-enhanced MRIFrank Risse
Department of Medical Physics in Radiology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:1284-90. 2006..To evaluate a dual-bolus approach to pulmonary perfusion MRI...
- Biliary MR imaging with Gd-EOB-DTPA and its clinical applicationsNam Kyung Lee
Department of Radiology, Pusan National University Hospital, Pusan National University School of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Radiographics 29:1707-24. 2009..However, the clinical applications of this imaging technique have not yet been fully explored, and further investigations are needed to determine the utility of Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MR cholangiography in a clinical setting...
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of tumor interstitial fluid pressureKristine Gulliksrud
Department of Radiation Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
Radiother Oncol 91:107-13. 2009..The potential usefulness of gadolinium-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (Gd-DTPA)-based dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) for assessing tumor IFP noninvasively was investigated in the present study...
- Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced 3.0 T MR imaging: quantitative and qualitative comparison of hepatocyte-phase images obtained 10 min and 20 min after injection for the detection of liver metastases from colorectal carcinomaKeitaro Sofue
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Eur Radiol 21:2336-43. 2011..0 T MR imaging...
- Gadoxetate disodium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging versus contrast-enhanced 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for the detection of colorectal liver metastasesHyo Jung Seo
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Yonsei University Health System, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Invest Radiol 46:548-55. 2011....
- Reproducibility of imaging human knee cartilage by delayed gadolinium-enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC) at 1.5 TeslaJ Multanen
Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:559-64. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the day-to-day reproducibility of the delayed gadolinium-enhanced MRI of cartilage (dGEMRIC) measurement at different knee joint surfaces in healthy subjects at 1.5 Tesla (T)...
- Induction of the expression of profibrotic cytokines and growth factors in normal human peripheral blood monocytes by gadolinium contrast agentsPeter J Wermuth
Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1508-18. 2009....
- The kinetics of blood brain barrier permeability and targeted doxorubicin delivery into brain induced by focused ultrasoundJuyoung Park
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 221 Longwood Ave Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Control Release 162:134-42. 2012..The results of this study provide information needed to take into account the dynamics BBB disruption over time after FUS...
- The histological basis of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in a patient with Anderson-Fabry diseaseJames C Moon
CMR Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:479-82. 2006..This scarring may be the substrate for electrical re-entry and sudden arrhythmic death. The reasons for this distribution of fibrosis are unclear, but may reflect inhomogeneous left ventricular wall stress...
- Preoperative detection of colorectal liver metastases in fatty liver: MDCT or MRI?Vanessa Kulemann
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Eur J Radiol 79:e1-6. 2011....
- Single breath-hold assessment of ventricular volumes using 32-channel coil technology and an extracellular contrast agentVictoria Parish
Division of Imaging Sciences, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s College London, London, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:838-44. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility of a single breath-hold 3D cine balanced steady-state free precession (b-SSFP) sequence after gadolinium diethylenetriamine penta-acetic acid (Gd-DTPA) injection for volumetric cardiac assessment...
- Gadolinium-conjugated PLA-PEG nanoparticles as liver targeted molecular MRI contrast agentZhijin Chen
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University, Ji Nan, People s Republic of China
J Drug Target 19:657-65. 2011..57 comparing with Magnevist injection. Therefore, the Gd-labeled nanoparticles showed the potential as targeting molecular MRI contrast agent for further clinical utilization...
- T1 Mapping in cardiomyopathy at cardiac MR: comparison with endomyocardial biopsyChristopher T Sibley
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, Department of Health and Human Services, 10 Center Dr, Building 10, MSC 1182, Bethesda, MD 20892 1182, USA
Radiology 265:724-32. 2012..To determine the utility of cardiac magnetic resonance (MR) T1 mapping for quantification of diffuse myocardial fibrosis compared with the standard of endomyocardial biopsy...
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of liver on 3.0-Tesla system: effect of intravenous administration of gadoxetic acid disodiumJi Soo Choi
Department of Radiology, Severance Hospital and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Eur Radiol 20:1052-60. 2010..0 t...
- Comparison of gadoxetic acid-enhanced dynamic imaging and diffusion-weighted imaging for the preoperative evaluation of colorectal liver metastasesWoo Suk Chung
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Institute of Gastroenterology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:345-53. 2011..0 Tesla (T) system, and then to determine whether a combination of the two techniques may improve the diagnostic performance...
- Planning transarterial radioembolization of colorectal liver metastases with Yttrium 90 microspheres: evaluation of a sequential diagnostic approach using radiologic and nuclear medicine imaging techniquesTimm Denecke
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Bereiche Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:892-902. 2008..Each part of the diagnostic algorithm showed a relevant impact on patient management. The sequential approach appears to be suitable and keeps the number of unnecessary treatments and therapy risks to a minimum...
- Gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MRI of the liver: part 1, protocol optimization and lesion appearance in the noncirrhotic liverKristina I Ringe
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical School, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:13-28. 2010....
- Comparison of arterial spin labeling and first-pass dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging in the assessment of pulmonary perfusion in humans: the inflow spin-tracer saturation effectYi Ru Lin
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Republic of China
Magn Reson Med 52:1291-301. 2004....
- Blood-brain barrier: real-time feedback-controlled focused ultrasound disruption by using an acoustic emissions-based controllerMeaghan A O'Reilly
Physical Science Platform, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
Radiology 263:96-106. 2012..To determine if focused ultrasound disruption of the blood-brain barrier (BBB) can be safely controlled by using real-time modulation of treatment pressures on the basis of acoustic emissions from the exposed microbubbles...
- Myocardial delayed enhancement in patients with pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular failure: evaluation by cardiac MRIF P Junqueira
Clinica de Diagnostico por Imagem, Av das Américas 4666 sala 325, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro RJ, Brazil
Br J Radiol 82:821-6. 2009..We found that septal MDE can be present in patients with PAH and impaired ventricular function. However, further studies are necessary to investigate this possible association and its prognostic implication...
- Targeted Photoactivable Nanocells: Image-based Drug Delivery and Dosimetry in GBMBrian W Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2013..Quantitative imaging will also accelerate fluorescence-guided resections for GBM already in advanced clinical trials. Finally, the approach developed here will be adaptable to treating a broad range of diseases. ..
- Vascular breakdown in Alzheimers Disease with cerebrovascular diseaseDonna M Wilcock; Fiscal Year: 2013..We believe that CBVD is common co- morbidity with AD that influences the pathogenesis of AD and response to therapy. ..
- MR-Guided Endovascular Intervention Using Off-Resonance Contrast AngiographyRobert R Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will result in a better understanding of the basic contrast mechanisms and will lead to improved treatment strategies for renovascular hypertension using MR-guided interventional procedures. ..
- FEASIBILITY OF OVERHAUSER-ENHANCED MR MAMMOGRAPHYJames Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..This will determine the feasibility of using Overhauser enhanced imaging for breast cancer detection, and indicate the degree of field reduction that produces optimum results...
- MRI OF RENAL ANATOMY AND FUNCTION IN CHRONIC ISCHEMIAFrank Sommer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The utility of the comprehensive exam will be determined by correlating pre- intervention MRI-determined parameters with both clinical outcome measures and post-intervention MRI-determined parameters. ..
- PREDICTING HUMAN TUMOR RESPONSE BY 31P MRSHAL CHARLES; Fiscal Year: 1999..The working hypotheses are that pretherapy and proximal posththerapy 31-P MRS metabolite levels, pH, and t2 values will be prognostic of treatment outcome. ..
- MRI Quantification of Postinfarct Myocardial ViabilityPAL SURANYI; Fiscal Year: 2005..TTC perfusion of the same dogs as above will be carried out at the end of the MRI session and heart will be immediately excised for histology, to ensure comparison with the in vivo results at the same time point. ..
- In vivo Image Guided Cancer TherapyAnna Moore; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, this study can further be translated into clinical applications, since related iron oxides have already been tested in clinical trials. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aerosolized PGE1 in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionBEENA SOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, a proposal for using aerosolized PGE1 in neonatal PPHN as a multicenter study will be submitted to the NICHD Neonatal Network. ..
- REGIONAL BETA ADRENERGIC DURING LV REMODELINGChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Effects of beta-blockade on regional cell morphometry, collagen content, and blood flow will be assessed using isolated myocytes, quantitative histopathology, and fluorescent microspheres, respectively. ..
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., BBB opening) and both will be functions of the variations in BBB associated proteins and/or brain swelling;and 2) the size of these changes are correlated over time, ROI, and treatment. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION, RISK FACTORS, AND CORONARY CALCIUMMichael Jerosch Herold; Fiscal Year: 2003..S. there is strong interest in developing such new measures of subclinical disease which would provide an early opportunity for intervention and lifestyle modification to prevent CHD and/or congestive heart failure. ..
- Comprehensive Magnetic Resonance in PADChristopher Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving the health outcomes and quality of life in patients with PAD is a major goal of this proposal. ..
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Multiparametric MRI characterization of breast tissueMichael Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A Seven Tesla MRI System for Small Animals MRI/MRSRobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2007..This Shared Instrumentation Grant will partially supply the funds to bring the present MRI/MRS system up to current standards, with HFHS supplying the rest. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NMR STUDIES OF HEMORRHAGIC TRANSFORMATION IN ISCHEMIARobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MRI Quantification & Display of Hepatic Fat in Hepatitis C & NAFLD PatientsHero Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are proposing to explore whether a non-invasive imaging technique (magnetic resonance spectroscopy) can be used to provide a more accurate and informative method to study these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combined MRI and Optical Imaging to Improved Breast Cancer DiagnosisMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- Measurement of Absolute Cerebral Blood Volume using Magnetic Resonance ImagingHanzhang Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this project, a new technique will be developed to measure CBV in human brain using MRI. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Direct Metabolite Imaging for Human Breast CancerJiani Hu; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, it should become part of the routine clinical breast MRI exams, and thereby reduce the high incidence of false positive MRI and associated anxiety, risk and cost of benign biopsies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY IN THE CANINE MODEL OF HUMAN AGINGMin Ying Su; Fiscal Year: 2005..Noninvasive MR imaging techniques may offer a means of detecting early signs of pathological aging, allowing us the opportunity to initiate interventions to slow disease progression. ..
- Paramagnetic Enhancement in Off-Resonance Rotating FrameHuiming Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will generalize a method for assessing the quantity and environment of a paramagnetic probe required in specific application such as imaging drug delivery, cell migration and tumor growth. ..
- Susceptibility Weighted Imaging (SWI)EWART MARK HAACKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, SWI has also become available to the clinical world for every day use and therefore its continued technical development is of paramount importance for the proper diagnosis of these diseases in patients. ..
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Smash Contrast-Enhanced 3D MR AngiographyRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Evaluation of New Imaging Methodologies at 7TEWART HAACKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many of the approaches developed and applied on this animal system are expected to have important clinical impact. All of these projects will substantially benefit from the proposed acquisition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BREATH HOLD 3D MRA OF THE CORONARY ARTERIESRobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal is to optimize the MRA method and to determine if the use of contrast agents provides any clinical benefit. ..
- Opening of the Blood Brain Barrier to Antitumor AgentsEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2008..This revised competitive renewal is the continuation of the original 1978 surgical CREG, and is responsive to the priorities established in July 2000 by the joint NINDS and NCI Brain Tumor PRG. ..
- Tissue Characterization with Diffusion MRIStephan Maier; Fiscal Year: 2009..MR diffusion imaging is widely used for medical diagnosis and is rapidly exploring new indications. This study, therefore, proposes basic research, which will improve the interpretation of clinical MR diffusion image data. ..
- Trial of Vitamin D to Reduce Progression of Knee OATimothy McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will test effectiveness of vitamin D using cross-sectional time series regression models with first-order autoregressive disturbance adjusting for informative dropouts. ..
- MRI MONITORING OF ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONROBERT BRASCH; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Redox-Sensitive & Blood-pool Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance ImagingNatarajan Raghunand; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of this application is to develop Magnetic Resonance Iaging biomarm kers of pathologically significant characteristics of tumors, to aid in the selection of, and non-invasively follow response to, targeted therapies. ..
- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Establishment of a Cardiac MRI Database.ALISTAIR ANDREW YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..By pooling data from many studies into a single resource, researchers will be able to perform standardized comparisons across many patient groups, in order to better predict and evaluate the effects of disease and treatment. ..
- Model-Based Reconstruction for Dynamic MRIEDWARD VR DI BELLA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed approach can be extended to improve non-cardiac dynamic MRI applications such as studies of the response of tumors to therapy and the response of the brain to stimuli. ..
- MR Dynamic Imaging and Spectroscopy in Head & Neck CancersAMITA DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, it will provide an a priori predictor of failure/response to chemotherapy and/or long term disease free-survival, resulting in patient specific treatment which will likely enhance outcome. ..
- MRI AND MRS OF HORMONAL INDUCED CHANGES IN BREAST CANCERHadassa Degani; Fiscal Year: 2008..This, in turn, may improve significantly the assessment of prognosis and the management of the approximate 75% of the breast cancer patients with ER-positive tumors. ..
- 13C and 15N MRS Study of glutamate control in epilepsyBrian Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together these studies will contribute to a better understanding of the regulatory events of the GLN/GLU cycle in KA and increase potential to replace surgical management of temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Adhesion signaling by a novel mitotic substrate of srcMark Moasser; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitative MRI Assessment of Tumor Vascular and Oxygen ReactivityCHRISTOPHER QUARLES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Opening of the Blood Brain Barrier for Molecular ImagingKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of even one such imaging method for routine clinical use would have a major impact on patient care. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR STUDIES OF EXPERIMENTAL RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYBRUCE BERKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work may have broad impact beyond ROP since abnormal blood vessel growth is a common pathobiologic event for other blinding disorders, such as diabetic retinopathy. ..
- MICROVASC OBSTRUCTION BY MRI AFTER CORONARY INTERVENTIONKatherine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- fMRI Studies of Retinal Oxygenation in Diabetic PatientsGary Trick; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this proposed study may aid in the early diagnosis and staging of diabetic retinopathy as well as in the development and application of rational prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- COMPREHENSIVE MR EVALUATION OF RENOVASCULAR DISEASEVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TISSUE CHARACTERIZATION WITH SLAB SCAN DIFFUSIION MRIStephan Maier; Fiscal Year: 2002..The study, therefore, proposes direct applications of basic research to clinical situations demanding the highest possible sensitivity and specific for invasive treatment of other therapeutic decisions. ..
- HIGH TEMPERATURE ULTRASOUND THERAPY GUIDED BY MRIKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The noninvasive focused ultrasound coagulation of liver tumors has a large clinical potential in reducing complication rates and costs associated with open surgery. ..
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..A successful implementation of even one of these possible therapies to routing clinical practice could have a major impact on patient care. ..
- FEASIBILITY OF INTERNET-BASED TRIALS FOR OSTEOARTHRITISTimothy McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Magnex Model MRBR 7T/201 AS Shielded Magnet SystemJean Philippe Galons; Fiscal Year: 2005..7 Tesla platform. Therefore, the need to acquire new imaging capabilities and the growth of the UoA MRI imaging community are the main justification for the present request. ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Renal Artery StenosisReed Omary; Fiscal Year: 2005..MRI guidance will also avoid the ionizing radiation exposure of x-rays and the potential kidney toxicity of iodinated contrast agents. ..
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biodegradable Macromolecular MRI Contrast AgentsZheng Rong Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue Tagging MRI of Regional Lung MechanicsQun Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phased Array Ultrasound System for Cardiac AblationKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This could result in significant cost savings and lead to a cure of thousands of patients. ..
- Intracerebral Infusion of Radiolabeled Specific AntibodyJohn Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Correlation of MRI with Cartilage Mechanical StiffnessMartha Gray; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- In vivo multichannel fluorescent imagingUmar Mahmood; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Osteoarthritis following ACL reconstructionBraden Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- VALIDATION OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE PERFUSION IMAGINGJeffry Alger; Fiscal Year: 2002..UCLA has new state-of-the-art MRI and PET imaging devices together with active collaborating teams having expertise in stroke clinical management (both acute and rehabilitative), in MRI scanning and in PET scanning. ..
- In vivo Dynamic Imaging of Angiogenesis in Transplanted IsletsEba Hathout; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessment of BBB Disruption during RT using DCE MRIYue Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data from these scans will be analyzed to quantify vascular permeability, which related to dose, volume, time, and presence in tumor versus normal brain tissue. ..
- VALIDATION OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE PERFUSION IMAGINGJeffry Alger; Fiscal Year: 2003..UCLA has new state-of-the-art MRI and PET imaging devices together with active collaborating teams having expertise in stroke clinical management (both acute and rehabilitative), in MRI scanning and in PET scanning. ..