Summary: A cyanogenic glycoside found in the seeds of Rosaceae.
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- [Determination of amygdalin content in Semen Armeniacae Amarum by high-performance liquid chromatography with evaporative light-scattering detection]Zhao Hui Wu
Instrumental Analysis and Research Center, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:1549-51. 2005..liquid chromatography with evaporative light-scattering detection (HPLC-ELSD) was employed for determination of amygdalin content in Semen Armeniacae Amarum. The detection was performed with the column of Hypersil-ODS (4...
- Development of quantitative extraction method of amygdalin without enzymatic hydrolysis from tonin(Persicae Semen) by high performance liquid chromatographyEun Young Hwang
Department of Oriental Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 25:453-6. 2002Tonin(Persicae Semen) is the herb medicine that contains amygdalin as a major ingredient. Amygdalin in water is decomposed into benzaldehyde, HCN, and glucose by emulsin, a hydrolysis enzyme in tonin...
- [Stuides on evaluation of Semen Armeniacae amarum]Shuang Hu
Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:736-9. 2002..To systematically evaluate the quality of Semen Armeniacae Amarum...
- Severe cyanide toxicity from 'vitamin supplements'Brian O'Brien
Department of Anaesthesia, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Emerg Med 12:257-8. 2005..We describe a case of severe cyanide poisoning arising from amygdalin, a putative vitamin supplement...
- Detection of abnormally high amygdalin content in food by an enzyme immunoassayA Yeon Cho
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Mol Cells 21:308-13. 2006b>Amygdalin is a cyanogenic glycoside compound which is commonly found in the pits of many fruits and raw nuts...
- Amygdalin induces apoptosis in human cervical cancer cell line HeLa cellsYu Chen
Department of Pathogenobiology, Bethune College of Medicine, Jilin University, Chang Chun, Jilin, China
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 35:43-51. 2013b>Amygdalin, a naturally occurring substance, has been suggested to be efficacious as an anticancer substance. The effect of amygdalin on cervical cancer cells has never been studied...
- Amygdalin mediates relieved atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient mice through the induction of regulatory T cellsDeng Jiagang
Guangxi Traditional Chinese Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi 530001, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:523-9. 2011..Therefore, in this study, we aimed to investigate the therapeutic effect of amygdalin on atherosclerosis of apolipoprotein E deficient (ApoE(-/-)) mice, and to explore its immune regulatory function ..
- Amygdalin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced expressions of cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase in mouse BV2 microglial cellsHye Young Yang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Neurol Res 29:S59-64. 2007b>Amygdalin (D-mandelonitrile-beta-D-gentiobioside) is a cynogenic compound found in sweet and bitter almonds, Persicae semen and Armeniacae semen. Amygdalin has been used for the treatment of cancers and for the relief of the pain...
- Amygdalin inhibits angiogenesis in the cultured endothelial cells of diabetic ratsHossein Mirmiranpour
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 55:211-4. 2012Angiogenesis contributes to different physiological and pathological conditions. The aim of this study was to investigate for the first time the antiangiogenic effects of amygdalin on the cultured endothelial cells of diabetic rats.
- Amygdalin inhibits genes related to cell cycle in SNU-C4 human colon cancer cellsHae Jeong Park
Department of Pharmacology, Kohwang Medical Research Institute, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 11:5156-61. 2005....
- Amygdalin induces apoptosis through regulation of Bax and Bcl-2 expressions in human DU145 and LNCaP prostate cancer cellsHyun Kyung Chang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, South Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1597-602. 2006Prostate cancer is one of the most common non-skin cancers in men. Amygdalin is one of the nitrilosides, natural cyanide-containing substances abundant in the seeds of plants of the prunasin family that have been used to treat cancers ..
- Inhibitory effect of amygdalin on lipopolysaccharide-inducible TNF-alpha and IL-1beta mRNA expression and carrageenan-induced rat arthritisHye Jeong Hwang
Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:1641-7. 2008b>Amygdalin is a cyanogenic glycoside plant compound found in the seeds of rosaceous stone fruits...
- Determination of oleanolic acid, ursolic acid and amygdalin in the flower of Eriobotrya japonica Lindl. by HPLCChunhua Zhou
Laboratory of Fruit Molecular Physiology and Biotechnology, The Ministry of Agriculture s Laboratory of Horticultural Plant Growth, Development and Biotechnology, Huajiachi Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 21:755-61. 2007..and accurate HPLC methods were developed for the determination of oleanolic acid (OA), ursolic acid (UA) and amygdalin in loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl...
- Life-threatening interaction between complementary medicines: cyanide toxicity following ingestion of amygdalin and vitamin CJonathan Bromley
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Canberra Hospital, Garran, Australia
Ann Pharmacother 39:1566-9. 2005To describe a case of severe accidental cyanide poisoning following a single ingestion of amygdalin with therapeutic intent.
- Enzyme catalysis: tool to make and break amygdalin hydrogelators from renewable resources: a delivery model for hydrophobic drugsPraveen Kumar Vemula
Department of Chemistry, The City College of New York, and The Graduate School and University Center of The City University of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:8932-8. 2006..The present approach could have applications in developing cost-effective controlled drug delivery vehicles from renewable resources, with a potential impact on pharmaceutical research and molecular design and delivery strategies...
- Quantitative determination of amygdalin epimers by cyclodextrin-modified micellar electrokinetic chromatographyT Isoza
Kampo and Healthcare Research Laboratories, Kanebo Ltd, Miyakojima, Osaka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 923:249-54. 2001A new capillary electrophoresis method was developed for the quantitative determination of the amygdalin epimers, amygdalin and neoamygdalin, which are biologically significant constituents in the crude drugs, namely Persicae Semen and ..
- [The simultaneous determination of laetrile, paeoniflorin and paeonol in Jingzhi Guizhi Fuling capsule by HPLC]Zheng Gen Liao
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1252-4. 2005..To establish an HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of three major bioactive components in Jingzhi Guizhi Fuling capsules namely laetrile, paeoniflorin and paeonol...
- Semi-industrial isolation of salicin and amygdalin from plant extracts using slow rotary counter-current chromatographyQizhen Du
Institute of Food and Biological Engineering, Hangzhou University of Commerce, 149 Jiaogong Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310035, China
J Chromatogr A 1074:43-6. 2005Salicin in the bark extract of Salix alba and amygdalin in the fruit extract of Semen armeniacae were each separated by slow rotary counter-current chromatography (SRCCC). The apparatus was equipped with a 40-L column made of 17 mm i.d...
- Pharmacological properties of traditional medicines (XXVII). Interaction between Ephedra Herb and Gypsum under hyperthermal conditions in ratsDan Yuan
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicinal Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
Biol Pharm Bull 25:872-4. 2002....
- [Advances in the study of amygdalin]Jing Mu
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhong Yao Cai 25:366-9. 2002
- Characterization of a thermostable extracellular beta-glucosidase with activities of exoglucanase and transglycosylation from Paecilomyces thermophilaShaoqing Yang
Department of Biotechnology, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
J Agric Food Chem 56:602-8. 2008..and significantly hydrolyzed p-nitrophenyl-beta- d-glucopyranoside ( pNPG), cellobiose, gentiobiose, sophorose, amygdalin, salicin, daidzin, and genistin...
- Patient perspectives: Tijuana cancer clinics in the post-NAFTA eraRalph W Moss
Cancer Communications, Inc, PO Box 1076, Lemont, PA 16851, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 4:65-86. 2005..In the 1970s, the Tijuana clinics proliferated with the upsurge of interest in Laetrile (amygdalin)...
- Phenotypic variation in Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis isolates derived from intestinal tracts of marine and freshwater fishS Itoi
Department of Marine Science and Resources, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
J Appl Microbiol 107:867-74. 2009..We compared phenotypic characteristics of Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis derived from different sources including the intestinal tract of marine fish and freshwater fish, and cheese starter culture...
- Psychrotrophic, lactic acid-producing bacteria from anoxic waters in Ace Lake, Antarctica; Carnobacterium funditum sp. nov. and Carnobacterium alterfunditum sp. novP D Franzmann
Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen mbH, Braunschweig, Federal Republic of Germany
Arch Microbiol 156:255-62. 1991..Carnobacterium funditum sp. nov. produced acid from mannitol, trehalose, but not amygdalin. The G + C content of the DNA was 32-34%, and the Type strain is DSM 5970 (=ACAM 312)...
- Carnobacterium viridans sp. nov., an alkaliphilic, facultative anaerobe isolated from refrigerated, vacuum-packed bologna sausageRichard A Holley
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:1881-5. 2002..Since acid is not produced from amygdalin, inulin, mannitol, methyl alpha-D-glucoside or D-xylose, the organism differs from the seven described species ..
- Weissella kimchii sp. nov., a novel lactic acid bacterium from kimchiHak Jong Choi
Department of Biotechnology and Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:507-11. 2002..It also fermented N-acetylglucosamine, amygdalin, arbutin, cellobiose, D-fructose, galactose, beta-gentiobiose, gluconate, D-glucose, maltose, D-mannose, salicin,..
- Deficiency of gustatory sensitivity to some deterrent compounds in "polyphagous" mutant strains of the silkworm, Bombyx moriK Asaoka
National Institute of Sericultural and Entomological Science, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Comp Physiol A 186:1011-8. 2000..of Sawa-J and N137 x C146, Sawa-J maxillary deterrent cells were significantly less sensitive to phloridzin, amygdalin and arbutin, but responded to some alkaloids and 20-hydroxyecdysone with similar or even higher firing rate...
- Biotransformation of ginsenoside Rb1, crocin, amygdalin, geniposide, puerarin, ginsenoside Re, hesperidin, poncirin, glycyrrhizin, and baicalin by human fecal microflora and its relation to cytotoxicity against tumor cellsYoung Suk Kim
College of Oriental Medicine Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:1109-14. 2008..from herbal constituents, the metabolic activities of the functional herb components (ginsenoside Rb1, crocin, amygdalin, geniposide, puerarin, ginsenoside Re, poncirin, hesperidin, glycyrrhizin, and baicalin) toward their bioactive ..
- Lactobacillus ghanensis sp. nov., a motile lactic acid bacterium isolated from Ghanaian cocoa fermentationsDennis S Nielsen
Department of Food Science, Food Microbiology, Centre for Advanced Food Studies LMC, Faculty of Life Sciences, Copenhagen University, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:1468-72. 2007..Ammonia was not produced from arginine. Acid was produced from amygdalin, D-cellobiose, aesculin, D-fructose, D-glucose, D-galactose, D-mannitol, D-mannose, N-acetylglucosamine, L-..
- Lacticigenium naphtae gen. nov., sp. nov., a halotolerant and motile lactic acid bacterium isolated from crude oilTakao Iino
NITE Biological Resource Center, National Institute of Technology and Evaluation, 2 5 8, Kazusakamatari, Kisarazu, Chiba 292 0818, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:775-80. 2009..Strain MIC1-18(T) produced acid from l-arabinose, ribose, glucose, fructose, mannose, N-acetylglucosamine, amygdalin, arbutin, salicin, cellobiose, maltose, sucrose, trehalose, gentiobiose and 5-ketogluconate...
- Improvement of the extraction efficiency of D-amygdalin from Armeniacae Semen powder through inactivating emulsin and suppressing the epimerization of D-amygdalinHa Jeong Kwon
Department of Preventive and Social Dentistry and Institute of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:81-6. 2010Armeniacae Semen contains not only amygdalin but also emulsin, which is an enzyme that hydrolyzes amygdalin. This hydrolysis reaction has been a major problem associated with the water extraction of Armeniacae Semen powder...
- Biorefinery: a design tool for molecular gelatorsGeorge John
Department of Chemistry, The Graduate School and University Center of The City University of New York, The CUNY Institute for Macromolecular Assemblies MMA, New York, New York 10031, USA
Langmuir 26:17843-51. 2010..Amphiphiles based on naturally available raw materials such as amygdalin, vitamin C, cardanol, arjunolic acid, and trehalose that possess specific functionality were synthesized using ..
- A qNMR approach for bitterness phenotyping and QTL identification in an F1 apricot progenyClaudia Cervellati
Dipartimento di Colture Arboree, University of Bologna, Viale Fanin 46, 40127 Bologna, Italy
J Biotechnol 159:312-9. 2012In apricot the bitter flavor of seeds is determined by the amount of amygdalin, a cyanogenic glucoside whose cleavage by endogenous enzymes, upon seed crushing, releases toxic hydrogen cyanide...
- Separation, characterization and dose-effect relationship of the PPARgamma-activating bio-active constituents in the Chinese herb formulation 'San-Ao decoction'Ling Zhou
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for TCM Formulae Research, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, China
Molecules 14:3942-51. 2009..A total of 10 compounds were identified in the activating fraction of SAD, including amygdalin (1), liquiritin (2), 6'-acetyliquiritin (3), liquiritigenin (4), isoliquiritigenin (5), formononetin (6), ..
- Positive selection on a high-sensitivity allele of the human bitter-taste receptor TAS2R16Nicole Soranzo
Department of Biology, University College London, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 15:1257-65. 2005..The G protein-coupled receptor encoded by TAS2R16 mediates response to salicin, amygdalin, and many bitter beta-glucopyranosides...
- Laetrile treatment for cancerStefania Milazzo
Medizinische Klinik 5 Schwerpunkt Onkologie Haematologie, Klinikum Nord, Prof Ernst Nathan Str 1, Nuernberg, Germany, D 90419
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD005476. 2011Laetrile is the name for a semi-synthetic compound which is chemically related to amygdalin, a cyanogenic glycoside from the kernels of apricots and various other species of the genus Prunus...
- Providencia sneebia sp. nov. and Providencia burhodogranariea sp. nov., isolated from wild Drosophila melanogasterPunita Juneja
Department of Entomology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:1108-11. 2009..stuartii DSM 4539(T) all resulted in less than 25 % relatedness. In addition, patterns of utilization of amygdalin, arbutin, aesculin, salicin, d-sorbitol, trehalose, inositol, d-adonitol and d-galactose distinguish strains A(T)..
- Determination of amygdalin in apple seeds, fresh apples and processed apple juicesIslamiyat F Bolarinwa
School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom Department of Food Science and Engineering, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, PMB 4000 Ogbomoso, Nigeria Electronic address
Food Chem 170:437-42. 2015..We have quantified amygdalin in seeds from different apple varieties, determined the effects of processing on the amygdalin content of apple ..
- Comparison of analytical and semi-preparative columns for high-performance liquid chromatography-solid-phase extraction-nuclear magnetic resonanceGiedrius Miliauskas
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry Group, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 8, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1112:276-84. 2006..For intermediately polar compounds (-2<logP<2) this has to be investigated per compound...
- Development of extraction and gas chromatography analytical methodology for cyanogenic glycosides in flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum)Ray Bacala
Canadian Grain Commission, Grain Research Laboratory, 1404 303 Main St, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3G8, Canada
J AOAC Int 90:153-61. 2007..Recoveries were as low as 82%, indicating that optimized extraction methodology is critical for the accuracy of results...
- Phenylalanine derived cyanogenic diglucosides from Eucalyptus camphora and their abundances in relation to ontogeny and tissue typeElizabeth H Neilson
School of Botany, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Phytochemistry 72:2325-34. 2011..In addition to amygdalin, three phenylalanine-derived cyanogenic diglucosides characterized by unique linkage positions between the two ..
- Investigation of the microheterogeneity and aglycone specificity-conferring residues of black cherry prunasin hydrolasesJiming Zhou
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Plant Physiol 129:1252-64. 2002In black cherry (Prunus serotina Ehrh.) seed homogenates, (R)-amygdalin is degraded to HCN, benzaldehyde, and glucose by the sequential action of amygdalin hydrolase (AH), prunasin hydrolase (PH), and mandelonitrile lyase...
- Kinetic analysis of hexose transport to determine the mechanism of amygdalin and prunasin absorption in the intestineBrent Wagner
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, South Texas Veterans Health Care System University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7882, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Appl Toxicol 23:371-5. 2003..of the everted intestinal sac technique was utilized to study the transport of the cyanogenic glycoside amygdalin (D-mandelonitrile beta-D-gentiobioside) and its metabolite D-mandelontrile beta-D-glucoside (prunasin)...
- Amygdalin content of seeds, kernels and food products commercially-available in the UKIslamiyat F Bolarinwa
School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom Department of Food Science and Engineering, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, PMB 4000, Ogbomoso, Nigeria
Food Chem 152:133-9. 2014..In addition, degradation can be rapid under appropriate conditions. Amygdalin is one of the cyanogenic glycosides found, for example, in apples, apricots and almonds...
- Using UPLC-QTOF-MS to analyze the chemical changes between traditional and dispensing granule decoctions of San-Ao-TangChunhua Ma
1Jiangsu Key Laboratory for High Technology of TCM Formulae Research, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, China
J Chromatogr Sci 52:277-92. 2014..Using the proposed approach, global chemical differences were found between traditional and dispensing granule decoctions, like ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, norpseudoephedrine, licorice saponine H2, licorice saponine G2 and amygdalin.
- A sensitive LC-MS/MS method for simultaneous determination of amygdalin and paeoniflorin in human plasma and its applicationXiaobing Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance, Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China Department of Analytical Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 92:160-4. 2014A simple and sensitive HPLC-MS/MS method was developed and fully validated for the simultaneous determination of amygdalin (AD) and paeoniflorin (PF) in human plasma. For both analytes, the method exhibited high sensitivity (LLOQs of 0...
- Bumblebees are not deterred by ecologically relevant concentrations of nectar toxinsErin Jo Tiedeken
Botany Department, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Exp Biol 217:1620-5. 2014..thresholds for five compounds found in the nectar of bee-pollinated plants: quinine, caffeine, nicotine, amygdalin and grayanotoxin...
- Raman spectroscopic analysis of cyanogenic glucosides in plants: development of a flow injection surface-enhanced Raman scatter (FI-SERS) method for determination of cyanideLisbeth Garbrecht Thygesen
Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Department of Dairy and Food Science, Food Technology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, 30 Rolighedsvej, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appl Spectrosc 58:212-7. 2004..Spectra of the crystal forms of linamarin, linustatin, neolinustatin, amygdalin, sambunigrin, and dhurrin were obtained using a Raman spectrograph microscope equipped with a 532 nm laser...
- Bioactivity-guided fractionation identifies amygdalin as a potent neurotrophic agent from herbal medicine Semen Persicae extractChuanbin Yang
School of Chinese Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 10 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Biomed Res Int 2014:306857. 2014..Through liquid-liquid extraction and reverse phase HPLC separation, a botanical glycoside amygdalin was isolated as the active compound responsible for the neurotrophic activity of Semen Persicae extract...
- Purification and characterization of a novel sennoside-hydrolyzing beta-glucosidase from Bifidobacterium sp. strain SEN, a human intestinal anaerobeL Yang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 19:705-9. 1996..94 and 0.53 mM, respectively. The enzyme also catalyzed the hydrolysis of pNPG, amygdalin, geniposide and salicin...
- Taoren-Honghua herb pair and its main components promoting blood circulation through influencing on hemorheology, plasma coagulation and platelet aggregationLi Liu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for TCM Formulae Research, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, China
J Ethnopharmacol 139:381-7. 2012....
- [Uniform designed research on the active ingredients assembling of Chinese medicine prescription for anti-liver fibrosis]Xue Mei Li
Shuguang Hospital and Institute of Liver Disease, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:58-63. 2010..To explore the method and significance for studying active anti-liver fibrosis ingredients consisted Chinese medicine compound prescription based on Chinese medicine theory...
- A sennoside-hydrolyzing beta-glucosidase from Bifidobacterium sp. strain SEN is inducibleL Yang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 19:701-4. 1996..In addition, the glucosides pNPG, esculin, salicin, or amygdalin stimulated the induction of the sennoside beta-glucosidase, but less markedly than sennoside...
- Amygdalin analogs for the treatment of psoriasisJuan J Perez
Department of Chemical Engineeing, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Av Diagonal, 647, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Future Med Chem 5:799-808. 2013..Among them, inhibitors of JAK3, inhibitors of PDE 4 and amygdalin analogs...
- Docking of peptide-T onto the D1 domain of the CD4 receptorJ J Perez
Dept d Enginyeria Quimica, UPC ETS d Enginyers Industrials, Barcelona, Spain
J Biomol Struct Dyn 17:725-33. 2000..These studies provide an improved description of the ligand-receptor pharmacophore...
- Purification and characterization of a beta-glucosidase from Citrus sinensis var. Valencia fruit tissueR G Cameron
Citrus and Subtropical Products Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 600 Avenue S, NW, Winter Haven, Florida 33881, USA
J Agric Food Chem 49:4457-62. 2001..The enzyme was not active against amygdalin, coniferin, or limonin glucoside.
- Screening for Bacillus subtilis group isolates that degrade cyanogens at pH 4.5-5.0Stephen Abban
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 161:31-5. 2013..0; also the cyanogen amygdalin was assessed. The B. subtilis isolates grew in both HCl and lactic acid environments from pH 4.5-6...
- Antinociceptive effect of amygdalin isolated from Prunus armeniaca on formalin-induced pain in ratsHye Jeong Hwang
Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1559-64. 2008b>Amygdalin is a plant glucoside isolated from the stones of rosaceous fruits, such as apricots, peaches, almond, cherries, and plums...
- Identification of metabolites of Buyang Huanwu decoction in rat urine using liquid chromatography-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometryXiao Dong Wen
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 67:114-22. 2012..Except for three prototype components (Hydroxysafflor yellow A, Paeoniflorin, and Amygdalin), the metabolites identified mainly came from Radix Astragali, Radix Angelicae Sinensis, and Rhizoma Chuanxiong...
- Synthesis and evaluation of diverse analogs of amygdalin as potential peptidomimetics of peptide TEyleen Araya
RUBAM, Dept de Química Organica Biologica, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona Salgado, 18 26, E 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:1493-6. 2005..In this direction, in a recent computational study the natural product amygdalin was identified as a prospective peptidomimetic of the peptide and later proved to exhibit a similar chemotactic ..
- Lactobacillus brantae sp. nov., isolated from faeces of Canada geese (Branta canadensis)Dmitriy V Volokhov
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 470, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:2068-76. 2012..galactose, gentiobiose, mannitol, melezitose, ribose, salicin, sucrose, trehalose, raffinose, turanose, amygdalin and arbutin could be used for differentiation between L. saniviri and the novel strains...
- Distribution of amygdalin in apricot (Prunus armeniaca) seeds studied by Raman microscopic imagingChristoph Krafft
Institute of Photonic Technology, Jena, Germany
Appl Spectrosc 66:644-9. 2012b>Amygdalin is a cyanogenic glycoside found in the seeds of several plants belonging to the Rosaceae family...
- Vibrio rotiferianus sp. nov., isolated from cultures of the rotifer Brachionus plicatilisB Gomez-Gil
CIAD Mazatlán Unit for Aquaculture, AP 711, Mazatlan Sinaloa, Mexico 82000
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:239-43. 2003..differ from related Vibrio species by the utilization of melibiose and production of acid from L-arabinose and amygdalin. Among the strains analysed, differences were observed in some phenotypic characters, particularly ..
- An HPLC/MS method for identifying major constituents in the hypocholesterolemic extracts of Chinese medicine formula 'Xue-Fu-Zhu-Yu decoction'Hai jiang Zhang
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 20:821-6. 2006..Nine compounds among them were unambiguously determined as oxypaeoniflorin, amygdalin, albiflorin, paeoniflorin, ferulic acid, naringin, hesperidin, senkyunolide I and neohesperidin by comparing the ..
- [Simultaneous determination of ephedrine hydrochloride, D-pseudoephedrine and amygdalin in xiao'er pingchuan qutan granule by HPLC]De Bin Yang
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 38:687-90. 2013To establish an HPLC method for the determination of ephedrine hydrochloride, D-pseudo-ephedrine and amygdalin in Xiao'er Pingchuan Qutan granule.
- Simultaneous determination of six hydrophilic components in rat plasma after oral administration of Jitai tablet by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry: application to a pharmacokinetic studyShu Ping Wang
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 912:75-84. 2013..mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS/MS) method was developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of amygdalin (ADL), danshensu (DSS), ferulic acid (FA), hydroxysafflor yellow A (HSYA), salvianolic acid A (SAA) and ..
- Crops: a green approach toward self-assembled soft materialsPraveen Kumar Vemula
Department of Chemistry, The City College of New York, and The Graduate School and University Center, The City University of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
Acc Chem Res 41:769-82. 2008..using the selectivity of enzyme catalysis yield amphiphilic products derived from biobased feedstock including amygdalin, trehalose, and vitamin C...
- Clostridium carboxidivorans sp. nov., a solvent-producing clostridium isolated from an agricultural settling lagoon, and reclassification of the acetogen Clostridium scatologenes strain SL1 as Clostridium drakei sp. novJack S C Liou
Department of Botany and Microbiology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:2085-91. 2005..Growth was not supported by methanol, formate, D-arabinose, fucose, lactose, melibiose, amygdalin, gluconate, lactate, malate, arginine, glutamine or vanillate...
- Application of a quantitative 1H-NMR method for the determination of amygdalin in Persicae semen, Armeniacae semen, and Mume fructusRie Tanaka
Laboratory of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, Kinjo Gakuin University, 2 1723 Omori, Moriyama ku, Nagoya, 463 8521, Japan
J Nat Med 68:225-30. 2014A quantitative (1)H-NMR method (qHNMR) was used to measure the amygdalin content of Persicae semen, Armeniacae semen, and Mume fructus, in each of which amygdalin constitutes a major component...
- Vibrio gigantis sp. nov., isolated from the haemolymph of cultured oysters (Crassostrea gigas)F Le Roux
Laboratoire de Genetique et Pathologie, Institut Français de Recherche pour l Exploitation de la Mer IFREMER, 17390 La Tremblade, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:2251-5. 2005..gelatinase and beta-galactosidase activities, NO(2) production, growth at 35 degrees C, and utilization of sucrose, melibiose, amygdalin, glycerol, galactose, starch and glycogen. The type strain is LGP 13T (=LMG 22741T=CIP 108656T).
- Characterization of a beta-glycosidase highly active on disaccharides and of a beta-galactosidase from Tenebrio molitor midgut lumenAlexandre H P Ferreira
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, C P 26077, 05513 970, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:253-65. 2003..The enzyme is inhibited by amygdalin, cellotriose, cellotetraose and cellopentaose in high concentrations, probably due to transglycosylation...
- Characterization and quantification of major constituents of Xue Fu Zhu Yu by UPLC-DAD-MS/MSLei Zhang
Tianjin State Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicine, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin 300193, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 62:203-9. 2012..in quantitative analysis, including 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furaldehyde (5-HMF), hydroxysafflor yellow A (HSYA), amygdalin, albiflorin, paeoniflorin, liquiritin, ferulic acid (FA), naringin, hesperidin, neohesperidin (NH), ..
- Functional characterization, homology modeling and docking studies of β-glucosidase responsible for bioactivation of cyanogenic hydroxynitrile glucosides from Leucaena leucocephala (subabul)Noor M Shaik
Plant Tissue Culture Division, National Chemical Laboratory, Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pune, 411008, India
Mol Biol Rep 40:1351-63. 2013..Also, the enzyme hydrolyzed amygdalin, a hydroxynitrile glycoside and a few of the tested flavonoid and isoflavonoid glucosides...
- Prunasin hydrolases during fruit development in sweet and bitter almondsRaquel Sánchez-Pérez
Department of Plant Breeding, Centro de Edafología y Biología Aplicada del Segura Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, E 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Plant Physiol 158:1916-32. 2012b>Amygdalin is a cyanogenic diglucoside and constitutes the bitter component in bitter almond (Prunus dulcis). Amygdalin concentration increases in the course of fruit formation. The monoglucoside prunasin is the precursor of amygdalin...
- Pantoea allii sp. nov., isolated from onion plants and seedCarrie L Brady
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:932-7. 2011..for the differentiation of the isolates from their closest phylogenetic neighbours are production of acid from amygdalin and utilization of adonitol and sorbitol. A novel species, Pantoea allii sp. nov...
- The effect of chlorination on organocyanide compoundsYing Yi
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York, USA
Water Environ Res 74:51-6. 2002..Four model compounds, acetonitrile, amygdalin, cyanocobalamin, and 2-acetoxy-3-butenenitrile, were selected and tested with varying chlorine dosages for ..
- Parallel reinforcement pathways for conditioned food aversions in the honeybeeGeraldine A Wright
Centre for Behaviour and Evolution, Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Curr Biol 20:2234-40. 2010..This second pathway may represent an ancient mechanism for food aversion learning conserved across animal lineages...
- Serratia glossinae sp. nov., isolated from the midgut of the tsetse fly Glossina palpalis gambiensisA Geiger
UMR 177, IRD CIRAD, CIRAD TA A 17 G, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:1261-5. 2010..urea and used L-lysine, L-ornithine, citrate, pyruvate, D-glucose, D-mannitol, inositol, D-sorbitol, melibiose, amygdalin, L-arabinose, arbutin, aesculin, D-fructose, D-galactose, glycerol, maltose, D-mannose, raffinose, trehalose and ..
- Lactobacillus oeni sp. nov., from wineRosario Mañes-Lázaro
ENOLAB Laboratorio de Microbiología Enológica, Departamento de Microbiologia y Ecologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Valencia, Dr Moliner 50, E 46100 Burjasot, Valencia, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2010-4. 2009..3, to ferment sucrose, amygdalin and arbutin or to hydrolyse aesculin...
- Development of optimized extraction methodology for cyanogenic glycosides from flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum)Véronique J Barthet
Canadian Grain Commission, Grain Research Laboratory, 1404 303 Main St, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3C 3G8
J AOAC Int 93:478-84. 2010..Extracts were stable for up to 1 week at room temperature and at least 2 weeks when refrigerated or frozen...
- Antioxidative and chemopreventive properties of Vernonia amygdalina and Garcinia biflavonoidEbenezer O Farombi
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology Research Laboratories, Department of Biochemistry, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:2533-55. 2011....
- Metabolites of amygdalin under simulated human digestive fluidsSoon Mi Shim
Department of Food Science and Technology, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Food Sci Nutr 61:770-9. 2010In the present study, degradation of amygdalin in the human digestive fluids and absorption of its metabolites by the human small intestine were evaluated by simulating a gastrointestinal digestion model combined with a human intestinal ..
- Development of radiation indicators to distinguish between irradiated and non-irradiated herbal medicines using HPLC and GC-MSMin Jung Kim
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, South Korea
Anal Bioanal Chem 398:943-53. 2010..quantify changes of major components including glycyrrhizin, cinnamic acid, poncirin, hesperidin, berberine, and amygdalin in licorice, cinnamon bark, poncirin immature fruit, citrus unshiu peel, coptis rhizome, and apricot kernel...
- 16S ribosomal DNA analysis and characterization of lactic acid bacteria associated with traditional Tibetan Qula cheese made from yak milkZhongfang Tan
Zhengzhou University, Henan, China
Anim Sci J 81:706-13. 2010..5% NaCl (w/v). According to analytical profile index 50 carbohydrates (API 50 CH) fermentation patterns of amygdalin and arabinose, these isolates were divided into three groups (A to C)...
- [Effect of processing on metabolism of amygdalin from bitter almond in rat]Minfeng Fang
Key Laboratory of Resource Biology and Biotechnology in Western China, Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:2684-8. 2010To study the influence of processing on metabolism of the main component of bitter almond-amygdalin in rat.
- [Pharmacokinetics of Guizhi Fuling capsule in Beagle dogs]Kejin Zhu
Jangsu Kanion Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Lianyungang 222001, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:1015-8. 2011..To investigate pharmacokinetic parameters of peoniflorin, albiflorin and amygdaloside after administration of Guizhi Fuling capsule in beagle dogs...
- Determination of the epimerization rate constant of amygdalin by microemulsion electrokinetic chromatographyLishuang Yu
College of Pharmacy, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, Fujian, P R China
Electrophoresis 32:218-22. 2011A new method for separation and determination of amygdalin and its epimer (neoamygdalin) in the epimerization of amygdalin by MEEKC is proposed...
- Tissue and cellular localization of individual beta-glycosidases using a substrate-specific sugar reducing assayRaquel Sánchez-Pérez
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, University of Copenhagen, 40 Thorvaldsensvej, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant J 60:894-906. 2009..The applicability of the method was demonstrated by tissue and cellular localization of two beta-glucosidases, amygdalin hydrolase and prunasin hydrolase, in different tissues and cell types of almond...
- Expression of cytosolic beta-glucosidase in guinea pig liver cellsW S Hays
Department of Biochemistry, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, 87131 5271 USA
Hepatology 28:156-63. 1998..of mammalian liver has been implicated in the metabolic transformation of plant glycosides, such as vicine and amygdalin, which are associated with the development of toxic syndromes...
- Quackery. Spotting it and avoiding itSamuel D Uretsky
Diabetes Self Manag 19:35-6, 38-9. 2002
- Apoptosis induction of Persicae Semen extract in human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) cellsHee Young Kwon
Department of Biochemistry, College of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 26:157-61. 2003The major ingredient of Persicae Semen is a cynogenic compound, amygdalin (D-mandelonitrile-beta-gentiobioside)...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitory and antioxidant compounds from crabapple fruitsNavindra P Seeram
Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals, Department of Horticulture, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Agric Food Chem 51:1948-51. 2003..x Indian Summer yielded (+)-catechin (1), (-)-epicatechin (2), cyanidin-3-O-beta-galactopyranoside (3), and amygdalin (4)...
- Vibrio fortis sp. nov. and Vibrio hepatarius sp. nov., isolated from aquatic animals and the marine environmentF L Thompson
Laboratory for Microbiology, Ghent University, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, Ghent 9000, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1495-501. 2003..from other Vibrio species include production of indole and acetoin, utilization of cellobiose, fermentation of amygdalin, melibiose and mannitol, beta-galactosidase and tryptophan deaminase activities and fatty acid composition.
- Vibrio pacinii sp. nov., from cultured aquatic organismsB Gomez-Gil
CIAD Mazatlán Unit for Aquaculture, AP 711, Mazatlan Sinaloa, Mexico 82000
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1569-73. 2003..Vibrio species by several phenotypic features, which include acetoin and indole production and utilization of amygdalin and D-mannitol...
- Effect of amygdalin on the proliferation of hyperoxia-exposed type II alveolar epithelial cells isolated from premature ratHuaping Zhu
Department of Pediatric, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 24:223-5. 2004The pathogenesis of hyperoxia lung injury and the mechanism of amygdalin on type 2 alveolar epithelial cells (AEC2) isolated from premature rat lungs in vitro were investigated...
- The effect of Eriobotrya japonica seed extract on oxidative stress in adriamycin-induced nephropathy in ratsAtsuhide Hamada
Department of Pharmacy, Kochi Medical School Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1961-4. 2004..In contrast, Eriobotrya japonica seeds are only known to contain amygdalin, and almost no investigations of its pharmacological action have been performed...
- Quantitative determination of amygdalin epimers from armeniacae semen by liquid chromatographyJa Yong Koo
Department of Oriental Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Dongdaemoon gu Hoegi dong, Seoul 130 701, Korea
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 814:69-73. 2005D-amygdalin and its conversion product, neoamygdalin, were quantitatively analyzed on reverse-phase, high-performance liquid chromatography with an optimized eluent of 10 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 3.1) containing 8.5% acetonitrile...
- Phenotypic characteristics and pathogenicity of Aeromonas genomospecies isolated from common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)A Kozinska
Department of Fish Disease, National Veterinary Research Institute, Putawy, Poland
J Appl Microbiol 93:1034-41. 2002..To evaluate the relationship between the genomospecies, phenotypic profile and pathogenicity for carp of 37 motile Aeromonas strains...
- Chromatographic determination of cyanoglycosides prunasin and amygdalin in plant extracts using a porous graphitic carbon columnV Berenguer-Navarro
Departamento de Tecnologia de Alimentos, Universidad de Cordoba, Colombia
J Agric Food Chem 50:6960-3. 2002..A new method is proposed for determining the cyanogenic glycosides amygdalin (D-mandelonitrile beta-D-gentiobioside) and prunasin (D-mandelonitrile beta-D-glucoside) in almond tree tissues, ..
- Amygdalin binds to the CD4 receptor as suggested from molecular modeling studiesO Llorens
Dept d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, ETSEIB, Barcelona, Spain
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 8:781-6. 1998..Subsequent, data base searching permitted us to identify amygdalin as a peptide T peptidomimetic.
- Phylogenetic and phenotypic evidence for the transfer of Eubacterium aerofaciens to the genus Collinsella as Collinsella aerofaciens gen. nov., comb. novA Kageyama
Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:557-65. 1999..and cellobiose, and were further divided into 16 sub-groups by fermentation patterns of aesculin, salicin and amygdalin. All of the strains of the Eubacterium aerofaciens group were shown to be phylogenetically distantly related to ..
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....