Genomes and Genes
Summary: A derivative of the NIACINAMIDE that is structurally combined with an organic nitrate. It is a potassium-channel opener that causes vasodilatation of arterioles and large coronary arteries. Its nitrate-like properties produce venous vasodilation through stimulation of guanylate cyclase.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Nicorandil prevents endothelial dysfunction due to antioxidative effects via normalisation of NADPH oxidase and nitric oxide synthase in streptozotocin diabetic ratsKen Ichi Serizawa
Product Research Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Gotemba, Shizuoka 412 8513 Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:105. 2011b>Nicorandil, an anti-angina agent, reportedly improves outcomes even in angina patients with diabetes. However, the precise mechanism underlying the beneficial effect of nicorandil on diabetic patients has not been examined...
- Cardioprotective effect of nicorandil, a mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener, prolongs survival in HSPB5 R120G transgenic miceAtsushi Sanbe
Department of Pharmacotherapeutics, School of Pharmacy, Iwate Medical University, Iwate, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18922. 2011..It is also known that progressive mitochondrial abnormalities and apoptotic cell death occur in the hearts of R120G TG mice. The role of mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis in disease progression, however, remains uncertain...
- Human atrial natriuretic peptide and nicorandil as adjuncts to reperfusion treatment for acute myocardial infarction (J-WIND): two randomised trialsMasafumi Kitakaze
Cardiovascular Division of Medicine, National Cardiovascular Centre, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Lancet 370:1483-93. 2007Patients who have acute myocardial infarction remain at major risk of cardiovascular events. We aimed to assess the effects of either human atrial natriuretic peptide or nicorandil on infarct size and cardiovascular outcome.
- Intravenous nicorandil in conjunction with coronary reperfusion therapy is associated with better clinical and functional outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarctionKen Sugimoto
Division of Cardiology, Sakurabashi Watanabe Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Circ J 67:295-300. 2003The aim of this retrospective study was to assess whether intravenous nicorandil, a hybrid of NO and a KATP channel opener, in conjunction with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) improves the long-term prognosis in patients with ..
- Effect of ATP-sensitive potassium channel agonists on ventricular remodeling in healed rat infarctsTsung Ming Lee
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, Taipei Medical University and Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1309-18. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether ATP-sensitive potassium (K(ATP)) channel agonists exert a beneficial effect on the structural, functional, and molecular features of the remodeling heart in infarcted rats...
- Nicorandil preserves mitochondrial function during ischemia in perfused rat heartTakeshi Iwai
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 446:119-27. 2002A possible mechanism for the action of nicorandil on the improvement of energy metabolism of ischemic/reperfused hearts was examined. Perfused rat hearts were subjected to 35-min ischemia/60-min reperfusion...
- Nicorandil attenuates monocrotaline-induced vascular endothelial damage and pulmonary arterial hypertensionMakoto Sahara
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e33367. 2012An antianginal K(ATP) channel opener nicorandil has various beneficial effects on cardiovascular systems; however, its effects on pulmonary vasculature under pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) have not yet been elucidated...
- Antiapoptotic effect of nicorandil mediated by mitochondrial atp-sensitive potassium channels in cultured cardiac myocytesMasaharu Akao
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:803-10. 2002We examined whether nicorandil, a clinically useful drug for the treatment of ischemic syndromes, inhibits myocardial apoptosis.
- Effects of nicorandil on monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in ratsMinoru Hongo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Shinshu University School of Health Sciences, Matsumoto, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:452-8. 2005We investigated whether nicorandil might prevent and reverse monocrotaline (MCT)-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension. Rats were injected with 50 mg/kg of MCT subcutaneously and randomized to either 7...
- Nicorandil enhances cardiac endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression via activation of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive K channel in ratS Horinaka
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:200-10. 2001..Our aim was to assess whether pharmacologic activation of the K(ATP) channel by nicorandil contributes to endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) levels...
- Nicorandil prevents oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in neurons by activating mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channelsYasushi Teshima
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Brain Res 990:45-50. 2003b>Nicorandil, a clinically useful drug for the treatment of ischemic heart disease, has an anti-apoptotic effect in cardiomyocytes, and activation of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium (mitoKATP) channels underlies this effect...
- Nicorandil ameliorates ischaemia-reperfusion injury in the rat kidneyShogo Shimizu
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 163:272-82. 2011b>Nicorandil, an ATP-sensitive potassium (K(ATP) ) channel opener and nitric oxide donor, is used in the treatment of angina and acute heart failure...
- Vasorelaxant properties of nicorandil on human radial arteryJ R Sadaba
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Yorkshire Heart Centre, The General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 17:319-24. 2000..Because a large component of vasospasm was resistant to Ca(2+) antagonists, the second aim was to test if a different class of vasodilator, nicorandil, might relax the residual tone.
- Opening of the adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel attenuates cardiac remodeling induced by long-term inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis: role of 70-kDa S6 kinase and extracellular signal-regulated kinaseShoji Sanada
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:991-7. 2002....
- Pharmacological preconditioning with nicorandil and pioglitazone attenuates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in ratsLamiaa A Ahmed
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
Eur J Pharmacol 663:51-8. 2011The present investigation was designed to study the cardioprotective effects of nicorandil and pioglitazone preconditioning in myocardial ischemia/reperfusion-induced hemodynamic, biochemical and histological changes in rats...
- Synergistic effect of Nicorandil and Amlodipine on tissue defense system during experimental myocardial infarction in ratsVenkatachalem Sathish
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, India
Mol Cell Biochem 243:133-8. 2003The synergistic protective effect of Nicorandil (K(ATP) channel opener) and Amlodipine (calcium channel blocker) on heart tissue antioxidant defense system and lipid profile were examined on isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in ..
- Effect of nicorandil on proteinuria in well controlled hypertensive patientsTsung Ming Lee
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Section, Taipei Medical University and Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
J Hypertens 27:618-25. 2009Proteinuria is an important risk factor for cardiovascular and renal morbidity and mortality. The effect of nicorandil on proteinuria in hypertensive patients well controlled by antihypertensive agents containing a low dose of valsartan ..
- Effect of nicorandil on left ventricular end-diastolic pressure during exercise in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyHideo Izawa
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Eur Heart J 24:1340-8. 2003..The effects of nicorandil on left ventricular end-diastolic pressure during exercise were examined in patients with this condition.
- Nicorandil inhibits oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in cardiac myocytes through activation of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels and a nitrate-like effectKohzo Nagata
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:1505-12. 2003The anti-anginal drug nicorandil has been shown to inhibit apoptosis by activating mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium (K(ATP)) channels...
- Left ventricular remodeling after infarction: sequential MR imaging with oral nicorandil therapy in rat modelMaythem Saeed
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Rm L 308, 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 224:830-7. 2002To use magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in quantification of the short- and long-term effects of therapy with orally administered nicorandil on left ventricular (LV) geometry and function independent of infarction size.
- Potassium channel openers protect cardiac mitochondria by attenuating oxidant stress at reoxygenationCevher Ozcan
Department of Medicine, Molecular Pharmacology, and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H531-9. 2002..The protective effect of diazoxide was reproduced by the structurally distinct K(+) channel opener nicorandil and antagonized by 5-hydroxydecanoic acid, a short-chain fatty acid derivative and presumed blocker of ..
- Nicorandil treatment in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisKatsuomi Iwakura
Cardiovascular Center, Sakurabashi Watanabe Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Circ J 73:925-31. 2009It is controversial as to whether nicorandil would have cardioprotective effects in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) who are undergoing reperfusion therapy...
- Nicorandil protects cardiac mitochondria against permeability transition induced by ischemia-reperfusionRaquel S Carreira
Basic Research Unit in Cardiology, Cardiology Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, Celas, 3000 548, Coimbra, Portugal
J Bioenerg Biomembr 40:95-102. 2008..We aimed to analyze the effects of nicorandil, an ATP-sensitive potassium channel agonist and vasodilator, on mitochondrial function of rat hearts and cardiac ..
- Effect of intracoronary nicorandil administration on preventing no-reflow/slow flow phenomenon during rotational atherectomyAkiyoshi Tsubokawa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Takeda General Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Circ J 66:1119-23. 2002..Recent clinical studies have demonstrated the beneficial effects of nicorandil, an adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-sensitive potassium channel opener, on no-reflow in patients with acute ..
- Effects of KRN2391, nicorandil and diltiazem on the changes in the electrocardiogram caused by endothelin-1 in anaesthetized ratsK Harada
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Gunma, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:679-84. 1993..caused by endothelin-1 (ET-1) was studied in anaesthetized rats and compared with the effects of nicorandil and diltiazem...
- Effects of long-term nicorandil administration on endothelial function, inflammation, and oxidative stress in patients without coronary artery diseaseYutaka Ishibashi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Shimane, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:311-6. 2008Long-term administration of nicorandil has been shown to improve outcomes through cardioprotective effects in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Nicorandil enhances the effect of endothelial nitric oxide under hypoxia-reoxygenation: role of the KATP channelMasamichi Tajima
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 579:86-92. 2008b>Nicorandil increased the anti-platelet aggregation activity of endothelial cells when endothelial cells were exposed to hypoxia-reoxygenation conditions. However, nicorandil (0.1-10 muM) did not inhibit platelet aggregation directly...
- Nicorandil normalizes prolonged repolarisation in the first transgenic rabbit model with Long-QT syndrome 1 both in vitro and in vivoJürgen Biermann
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 650:309-16. 2011..We evaluated for the first time the effect of nicorandil, an opener of ATP-sensitive potassium channels, and of isoproterenol on cardiac action potential duration and ..
- Nicorandil inhibits serum starvation-induced apoptosis in vascular endothelial cellsTaro Date
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Nishi Shinbashi, Tokyo, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:721-6. 2005The Impact Of Nicorandil in Angina (IONA) randomized trial showed a significant reduction in coronary events, in patients with stable angina treated with a KATP channel opener, nicorandil...
- Nicorandil protects against lethal ischemic ventricular arrhythmias and up-regulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression and sulfonylurea receptor 2 mRNA in conscious rats with acute myocardial infarctionShigeo Horinaka
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 18:13-22. 2004b>Nicorandil is an adenosine triphosphate sensitive K (K-ATP) channel opener and a nitric oxide donor. K-ATP channels and nitric oxide are important factors in ischemic preconditioning, which in turn suppresses reperfusion arrhythmias...
- Effects of the long-term administration of nicorandil on vascular endothelial function and the progression of arteriosclerosisMichihito Sekiya
Department of Cardiology, Ehime National Hospital, Ehime, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:63-7. 2005This study compared the effects of long-term administration of nicorandil and isosorbide dinitrate (ISDN) on vascular endothelial function and the progression of arteriosclerosis...
- Nicorandil reduces myocardial no-reflow by protection of endothelial function via the activation of KATP channelJing lin Zhao
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Heart Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Bei Li Shi Road 167, West City District, Beijing, 100037, China
Clin Chim Acta 374:100-5. 2006It has been found that nicorandil can attenuate myocardial no-reflow. However, the exact cause of this beneficial effect has remained unclear...
- Nicorandil but not ISDN upregulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression, preventing left ventricular remodeling and degradation of cardiac function in Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rats with congestive heart failureShigeo Horinaka
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 47:629-35. 2006..b>Nicorandil (NIC) enhanced ecNOS by activating Adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels (K-ATP channels) in the ..
- Cardiovascular and pharmacokinetic interactions between nicorandil and adjunctive propranolol, atenolol or diltiazem in conscious dogsS J Humphrey
Pharmacology Department, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 20:779-91. 1998In support of clinical antianginal studies, the vasodilator nicorandil (NIC) was combined with the beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists propranolol (PRO) and atenolol (ATN) and with the calcium channel blocker diltiazem (DTZ) to determine ..
- Nicorandil promotes myocardial capillary and arteriolar growth in the failing heart of Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive ratsJinglan Xu
Department of Cardiovascular Genome Science, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Hypertension 46:719-24. 2005..b>Nicorandil, an activator of ATP-sensitive potassium channels with a nitrate-like action, is a potent vasodilator...
- Mitochondrial K(ATP) channel opener prevents ischemia-reperfusion injury in rat liverS Hai
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Transplant Proc 37:428-31. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of the mitochondrial K(ATP) channel opener, nicorandil, on ischemia-reperfusion injury in the rat liver...
- Nicorandil protects ATP-sensitive potassium channels against oxidation-induced dysfunction in cardiomyocytes of aging ratsStéphanie Raveaud
Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Biogerontology 10:537-47. 2009..b>Nicorandil, a K(ATP) channel opener, nitric oxide donor and antioxidant, is used as a treatment of angina pectoris and ..
- Nicorandil improves cardiac function and clinical outcome in patients with acute myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention: role of inhibitory effect on reactive oxygen species formationHirotsugu Ono
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Am Heart J 148:E15. 2004..We examined the effect of nicorandil, a hybrid of K(ATP) channel opener and nicotinamide nitrate, on reactive oxygen species (ROS) formation and ..
- Nicorandil improves diabetes and rat islet beta-cell damage induced by streptozotocin in vivo and in vitroK Kasono
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Jichi Medical School, Omiya Medical Center, Saitama, Japan
Eur J Endocrinol 151:277-85. 2004N-(2-hydroxyethyl)-nicotinamide nitrate (nicorandil) is a unique anti-anginal agent, reported to act as both an ATP-sensitive K(+) channel opener (PCO) and a nitric oxide donor. It also has an anti-oxidant action...
- Nicorandil: albuterol-like or cromolyn-like?W Michael Alberts
Crit Care Med 31:651-2. 2003
- Nicorandil inhibits angiotensin-II-induced proliferation of cultured rat cardiac fibroblastsJer Young Liou
Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Pharmacology 87:144-51. 2011b>Nicorandil, an ATP-sensitive potassium (K(ATP)) channel opener, nitric oxide (NO) donor and antioxidant, was shown to exert a variety of pharmacological effects including cardioprotective properties...
- Nicorandil attenuates FeCl(3)-induced thrombus formation through the inhibition of reactive oxygen species productionYu Eguchi
Department of Physiology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Japan
Circ J 73:554-61. 2009Although nicorandil has a number of beneficial cardiovascular actions, its effects on endothelial cells in the context of thrombosis have not been elucidated.
- New insights in the treatment strategy for pulmonary arterial hypertensionMakoto Sahara
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 20:377-86. 2006..Considering these circumstances, it is necessary to develop additional novel therapeutic approaches that target the various components of this multifactorial disease...
- Effects of nicorandil on cardiovascular events in patients with coronary artery disease in the Japanese Coronary Artery Disease (JCAD) studyShigeo Horinaka
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
Circ J 74:503-9. 2010b>Nicorandil has cardioprotective effects in the ischemic myocardium, mimicking ischemic preconditioning, and is thus expected to improve the prognosis of ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Nicorandil attenuates NF-kappaB activation, adhesion molecule expression, and cytokine production in patients with coronary artery bypass surgeryTakae Kawamura
Department of Anesthesiology, Sendai Medical Center, Miyagi, Japan
Shock 24:103-8. 2005b>Nicorandil (NCR), a KATP channel opener, has been reported to preserve microvascular integrity in patients with reperfused myocardial infarction...
- p38-MAPK is involved in restoration of the lost protection of preconditioning by nicorandil in vivoEfstathios K Iliodromitis
2nd University Department of Cardiology, Medical School, Attikon General Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, 124 62, Greece
Eur J Pharmacol 579:289-97. 2008b>Nicorandil, a selective mitochondrial K(ATP) channel opener, reinstates the waned protection after multiple cycles of preconditioning...
- Nicorandil regulates Bcl-2 family proteins and protects cardiac myocytes against hypoxia-induced apoptosisSusumu Nishikawa
Department of Cardiology and Vascular Regenerative Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:510-9. 2006b>Nicorandil has been shown to inhibit myocyte apoptosis by opening of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium (mitoK(ATP)) channels and nitrate-like effect against oxidative stress...
- Nicorandil-induced severe perianal ulcerationR P Baker
Department of Coloproctology, Clarendon Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Tech Coloproctol 11:343-5. 2007b>Nicorandil is a potassium channel activator used in the prevention and long-term treatment of angina pectoris. It is widely prescribed and its use is supported by data from powerful randomised controlled trials...
- Perianal ulceration and other cutaneous ulcerations complicating nicorandil therapyChristina Williams
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:S116-7. 2007
- Nicorandil-induced ulceration of the penisA Birnie
Department of Dermatology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 33:215-6. 2008
- Persistent nicorandil induced oral ulcerationC M Healy
Department of Oral Medicine, Dublin Dental Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland
Heart 90:e38. 2004Four patients with nicorandil induced ulceration are described, and the literature on the subject is reviewed. Nicorandil induced ulcers are very painful and distressing for patients...
- Perforation of the terminal ileum: a possible complication of nicorandil therapyP M King
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZN, UK
Surgeon 2:56-7. 2004Recent reports have implicated nicorandil as a possible causative agent in the pathogenesis of anal and oral ulceration. We report a case of ulceration and perforation of the terminal ileum in a patient taking nicorandil...
- Assessment of coronary artery disease with nicorandil stress magnetic resonance imagingYoshio Kawase
Department of Cardiology, Izumi City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Osaka City Med J 50:87-94. 2004..b>Nicorandil, a potassium channel opener, has been reported to increase coronary blood flow and it was associated with fewer ..
- Improvement of repolarization abnormalities by a K+ channel opener in the LQT1 form of congenital long-QT syndromeW Shimizu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 97:1581-8. 1998This study used monophasic action potential (MAP) to examine the effect of nicorandil, a K+ channel opener, on repolarization abnormalities induced by epinephrine in the LQT1 form of congenital long-QT syndrome in which the KvLQT1 ..
- Effect of combined intracoronary adenosine and nicorandil on no-reflow phenomenon during percutaneous coronary interventionSang Yup Lim
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Gwangju, Korea
Circ J 68:928-32. 2004This study aimed to clarify the effect of intracoronary administration of combined adenosine and nicorandil on the no-reflow phenomenon.
- Arrhythmogenic substrate and its modification by nicorandil in a murine model of long QT type 3 syndromeSandeep S Hothi
Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 98:267-80. 2008..The K(ATP) channel-opener nicorandil (20muM) significantly reduced arrhythmic incidence in Langendorff-perfused Scn5a+/Delta hearts during programmed ..
- Comparative effects of nicorandil with isosorbide mononitrate on cardiac sympathetic nerve activity and left ventricular function in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathyShu Kasama
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am Heart J 150:477. 2005b>Nicorandil, an adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel opener, improves left ventricular (LV) remodeling after myocardial infarction in rat models...
- Nicorandil reduces the incidence of minor cardiac marker elevation after coronary stentingMasaaki Murakami
Department of Medicine and Medical Science, Okayama University Graduates School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Int J Cardiol 107:48-53. 2006..We examined whether nicorandil, a nicotinamide-nitrate ester, reduces the incidence of minor cardiac marker elevation after coronary stenting.
- Nicorandil: a review of its use in the management of stable angina pectoris, including high-risk patientsDene Simpson
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 64:1941-55. 2004b>Nicorandil (Adancor, Angicor, Dancor, Nikoril [Europe], Ikorel [Europe and Oceania], Sigmart [Japan, Korea and Taiwan]) is an adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-sensitive potassium (KATP) channel agonist with nitrate-like properties used in the ..
- Nicorandil may be associated with gastrointestinal ulcerationMohaned Egred
Cardiothoracic Centre, Liverpool L14 3PE
BMJ 332:889. 2006
- Influence of nicorandil on the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of gliclazide in rats and rabbitsS Satyanarayana
Pharmacology Division, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, 530 003, Andhra Pradesh, India
Mol Cell Biochem 291:101-5. 2006..b>Nicorandil, a newer antianginal drug widely used now a days acts by opening potassium channels in the cardiac muscle cell ..
- Economic evaluation of the impact of nicorandil in angina (IONA) trialA Walker
Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
Heart 92:619-24. 2006To estimate the net cost of adding nicorandil to usual treatment for patients with angina and to compare this with indicators of health benefit.
- Use of potassium channel openers for pharmacologic modulation of cardiac excitabilityKalyanam Shivkumar
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:821-3. 2004
- Electrophysiologic effects of nicorandil on the guinea pig long QT1 syndrome modelZhifang Yang
Department of Physiology, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:815-20. 2004..In this study, we generated a guinea pig LQT1 syndrome model using the IKs blocker chromanol 293B and then assayed the electrophysiologic effects of the ATP-sensitive potassium channel IK,ATP opener nicorandil on this model.
- Oral nicorandil-induced lesions are not aphthous ulcersS Boulinguez
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Dupuytren, Limoges, France
J Oral Pathol Med 32:482-5. 2003i) To accurately define these lesions determining whether oral nicorandil-induced lesions are aphthous ulcers; (ii) To determine clinical characteristics of oral nicorandil-induced lesions.
- SUR2 subtype (A and B)-dependent differential activation of the cloned ATP-sensitive K+ channels by pinacidil and nicorandilT Shindo
Department of Pharmacology II, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 124:985-91. 1998..2). They are the targets of vasorelaxant agents called K+ channel openers, such as pinacidil and nicorandil. 2...
- Nicorandil and ulcerations: a NAD/NADP and nicotinic acid-dependent side-effect?P Trechot
Br J Dermatol 158:1150-1. 2008
- Nicorandil associated anal ulcerationAngus Watson
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Lancet 360:546-7. 2002b>Nicorandil is a vasodilator used to control angina. It has been associated with oral ulceration and stomatitis that resolves upon withdrawal of the drug...
- Triggers of ventricular tachyarrhythmias and therapeutic effects of nicorandil in canine models of LQT2 and LQT3 syndromesMasaomi Chinushi
School of Health Science, Niigata University of Medicine, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:555-62. 2002..We sought to identify the triggers of ventricular tachyarrhythmia (VTA) in experimental models of long QT type 2 (LQT2) and long QT type 3 (LQT3) syndromes...
- Synergistic effect of nicorandil and amlodipine on mitochondrial function during isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in ratsVenkatachalem Sathish
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Madras, Chennai, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:133-7. 2002The synergistic effects of nicorandil (KATP-channel opener) and amlodipine (calcium-channel blocker) on heart mitochondrial enzymes and the mitochondrial antioxidant defence system was examined on isoproterenol-induced myocardial ..
- Nicorandil and idiopathic anal ulcerationMark Katory
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1442-6. 2005Several reports have implicated nicorandil as a reversible cause of anal ulceration. We have recently commenced a specialist clinic for patients presenting with severe anal ulceration to assess treatment in this difficult group...
- Nicorandil-induced peristomal ulcers: is nicorandil also associated with gastrointestinal fistula formation?S Ogden
Br J Dermatol 156:608-9. 2007
- Perianal fistula, colorectal surgery and nicorandilS Kamath
Clin Exp Dermatol 33:192-3. 2008
- Comparison of the effects of nicorandil versus verapamil on the incidence of slow flow/no reflow during rotational atherectomyKohichiro Iwasaki
Department of Cardiology, Okayama Central Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Am J Cardiol 98:1354-6. 2006..randomized 111 patients with successful rotational atherectomy into a verapamil group (group V, n = 56) and a nicorandil group (group N, n = 55)...
- Effects of potassium channel openers in the isolated perfused hypokalaemic murine heartM J Killeen
Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 193:25-36. 2008We explored the anti-arrhythmic efficacy of K(+) channel activation in the hypokalaemic murine heart using NS1643 and nicorandil, compounds which augment I(Kr) and I(KATP) respectively.
- In vivo evaluation of limonene-based transdermal therapeutic system of nicorandil in healthy human volunteersY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Health Science Center, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 18:263-72. 2005..solvent system containing 6% w/w of limonene was effective in promoting the in vitro transdermal delivery of nicorandil. The objective of the present study was to fabricate and evaluate a limonene-based transdermal therapeutic ..
- Anal ulceration associated with Nicorandil: case series and review of the literatureL Toquero
Department of General Surgery, Rotherham Foundation NHS Trust, Rotherham, UK
Colorectal Dis 8:717-20. 2006Use of Nicorandil in the treatment of ischaemic heart disease has been associated with oral, ileal and more recently anal ulceration...
- Intravenous nicorandil can preserve microvascular integrity and myocardial viability in patients with reperfused anterior wall myocardial infarctionH Ito
Division of Cardiology, Sakurabashi Watanabe Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:654-60. 1999We assessed whether the intravenous administration of nicorandil, an adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-sensitive K+ channel opener, exerts beneficial effect on microvascular function and functional and clinical outcomes in patients with acute ..
- Oral nicorandil recaptures the waned protection from preconditioning in vivoEfstathios K Iliodromitis
2nd Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Center, Athens, Greece
Br J Pharmacol 138:1101-6. 2003..We tested whether the K(ATP) channel opener nicorandil (nic) preserves the given protection from PC in conditions where this benefit decays and is lost. 2...
- Impact of a single intravenous administration of nicorandil before reperfusion in patients with ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarctionHideki Ishii
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate of School of Medicine, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Circulation 112:1284-8. 2005Intravenous nicorandil, a hybrid compound of ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener and nitric oxide donor, has been reported to ameliorate early functional and clinical problems in patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- Nicorandil induced oral ulcerationK Webster
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Birmingham Foundation Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Br Dent J 198:619-21. 2005Oral ulceration has many different causes. The association between Nicorandil and oral ulceration is not a new phenomenon...
- Re: King PM, Suttie SA, Jansen JO, Watson AJ. Perforation of the terminal ileum: a possible complication of nicorandil therapy. Surg J R Coll Surg Edinb Irel 2004; 1: 56-57C J Cotter
Surgeon 3:119. 2005
- Nicorandil-induced colonic ulceration: a new cause of colonic ulceration. Report of four casesM A Titi
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1570-3. 2008b>Nicorandil is a widely used third-line treatment for ischemic heart disease. It can be associated with the development of stomatitis and oro-anal ulceration...
- Structural basis for the interference between nicorandil and sulfonylurea actionF Reimann
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
Diabetes 50:2253-9. 2001b>Nicorandil is a new antianginal agent that potentially may be used to treat the cardiovascular side effects of diabetes...
- Long-term administration of nicorandil abolishes ischemic and pharmacologic preconditioning of the human myocardium: role of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-dependent potassium channelsMahmoud Loubani
Department of Integrative Human Cardiovascular Physiology and Functional Genomics, Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:750-7. 2002..These studies investigate the effect of long-term treatment with the mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-dependent potassium channel opener nicorandil on the response of the human myocardium to ischemia and preconditioning.
- The nucleotide-binding domains of sulfonylurea receptor 2A and 2B play different functional roles in nicorandil-induced activation of ATP-sensitive K+ channelsMitsuhiko Yamada
Department of Pharmacology II, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 65:1198-207. 2004b>Nicorandil activates ATP-sensitive K(+) channels composed of Kir6.2 and either sulfonylurea receptor (SUR) 2A or 2B...
- Mitochondrial K ATP channel activation is important in the antiarrhythmic and cardioprotective effects of non-hypotensive doses of nicorandil and cromakalim during ischemia/reperfusion: a study in an intact anesthetized rabbit modelBiswadeep Das
Department of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka 576119, India
Pharmacol Res 47:447-61. 2003..the effects of administration of non-hypotensive doses of ATP-sensitive K(+) channel (K(ATP)) openers (nicorandil and cromakalim), a specific mitochondrial K(ATP) channel blocker (5-hydroxydecanoate (5-HD)) and a specific ..
- Controlled in vivo release of nicorandil from a carvone-based transdermal therapeutic system in human volunteersY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Drug Deliv 13:69-77. 2006The aim of our present study was to prepare and evaluate a carvone-based transdermal therapeutic system (TTS) of nicorandil to find its ability in providing the desired in vivo controlled release profile on dermal application to human ..
- Preconditioning, postconditioning and their application to clinical cardiologyRobert A Kloner
Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90017, United States
Cardiovasc Res 70:297-307. 2006....
- The effect of the K+ agonist nicorandil on peripheral vascular resistanceMarianne Brodmann
Working group of Clinical Pharmacotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Austria
Int J Cardiol 111:49-52. 2006The vasoactive effect of nicorandil on coronary arteries is well known...
- The no-reflow phenomenon: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and therapeutic approachFadi Alfayoumi
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 6:72-83. 2005..These include IIb/IIIa receptor antagonists, adenosine, verapamil, and the experimental agent nicorandil. In the new millennium, the emphasis of reperfusion therapy is being shifted downstream from its exclusive focus ..
- Nicorandil: the drug that keeps on givingJohn C Barbato
Hypertension 46:647-8. 2005
- Reduction of myocardial infarct size by SM-197378, a novel Na+/H+ exchange inhibitor, in rabbitsKazuto Yamada
Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals Co, Ltd, Research Division, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 521:115-23. 2005..The anti-necrotic effect of pre-ischemic bolus treatment with SM-197378 was compared with that of nicorandil, a K+channel opener with nitrate-like activity, and ischemic preconditioning...
- Intravenous nicorandil preserves endothelial junctions by decreasing endothelin-1 via activation of ATP-sensitive K+ channelJ L Zhao
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Heart Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Vasa 36:175-9. 2007It has been verified that nicorandil can attenuate myocardial no-reflow. However; the effects of nicorandil on endothelial junctions and Endothelin-1 (ET-1) are unknown.
- Double-blind, multicenter, active-controlled, randomized clinical trial to assess the safety and efficacy of orally administered nicorandil in patients with stable angina pectoris in ChinaWen ling Zhu
Division of Cardiology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Shuai Fu Yuan Wang Fu Jing, Beijing 100730, China
Circ J 71:826-33. 2007The efficacy and safety of nicorandil were evaluated in Chinese patients with stable angina pectoris (AP) in a double-blind, multicenter, active-controlled, randomized clinical trial.
- Vasodilator effect of nicorandil on retinal blood vessels in ratsNaoto Ogawa
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Kitasato University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8641, Japan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 375:323-8. 2007We examined the effect of nicorandil on retinal blood vessels in rats in vivo. Male Wistar rats (8 to 10 weeks old) were anaesthetised with thiobutabarbital (120 mg/kg, intraperitoneal)...
- Nicorandil-associated ulcerationsMohaned Egred
Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Centre, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:395-8. 2007This leading article refers to the paper by Abdelrazeq AS, Owen C, Smith L, McAdam JG, Pearson HJ, Leveson SH. Nicorandil-associated para-stomal ulceration: case series Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006; 18:1293-1295...
- Efficacy of oral nicorandil in patients with end-stage renal disease: a retrospective chart review after coronary angioplasty in Japanese patients receiving hemodialysisHideki Ishii
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine and Nagoya University Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Ther 29:110-22. 2007..b>Nicorandil, a hybrid compound of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel opener and nitric oxide donor, has been ..
- Nicorandil improves post-ischemic myocardial dysfunction in association with opening the mitochondrial K(ATP) channels and decreasing hydroxyl radicals in isolated rat heartsChuanJiang Lu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine
Circ J 70:1650-4. 2006b>Nicorandil has been reported to induce cardioprotection by opening the mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. However, whether nicorandil affects reactive oxygen species is unclear.
- Impact of nicorandil to prevent reperfusion injury in patients with acute myocardial infarction: Sigmart Multicenter Angioplasty Revascularization Trial (SMART)Satoshi Ota
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 70:1099-104. 2006b>Nicorandil in conjunction with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) has been reported to reduce reperfusion injury events and improve cardiac function in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Nicorandil opens mitochondrial K(ATP) channels not only directly but also through a NO-PKG-dependent pathwayAtsushi Kuno
Dept of Physiology, MSB 3070, College of Medicine University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 102:73-9. 2007b>Nicorandil, a hybrid of nitrate generator and potassium channel opener, protects ischemic myocardium by opening mitochondrial ATP sensitive potassium (mitoK(ATP)) channels...
- MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IN THE HYPERTROPHIED HEARTROBERT JAMES BACHE; Fiscal Year: 2010..An additional study will determine whether nicorandil, which acts as a preferential mitochondrial KATP channel opener, can protect the heart from the developments of ..
- MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IN THE HYPERTROPHIED HEARTROBERT BACHE; Fiscal Year: 2007..An additional study will determine whether nicorandil, which acts as a preferential mitochondrial KATP channel opener, can protect the heart from the developments of ..
- MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IN THE HYPERTROPHIED HEARTROBERT BACHE; Fiscal Year: 2009..An additional study will determine whether nicorandil, which acts as a preferential mitochondrial KATP channel opener, can protect the heart from the developments of ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification and characterization of transplants will be carried out with PCR analysis of the Y chromosome (male cells into female host), detailed histologic analysis and immunostaining for muscle cell markers. ..
- COLLABORATIVE R01-CARDIAC GRAFTS-FUNCTIONAL ANALYSESRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy R Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, this proposal will delineate mechanisms responsible for the adverse consequences of diabetes and hyperglycemia during myocardial ischemia using an integrated approach of in vivo and cellular techniques. ..
- PROTEIN OXIDATION AND CARDIAC CONTRACTILE DYSFUNCTIONSAUL POWELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies have the potential to explain why some cardiomyocytes are lost and others survive and recover function and ultimately could aid identification of sites for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Proteasome, protein oxidation, and cardiomyocyte function.Xuejun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010....